PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Your hero thinks it's stupid

Okie_Apparition
10-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Stanford QB calls Suck for Luck campaigns “stupid”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 15, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT

APStanford quarterback Andrew Luck knows that some fans of some of the worst teams in the league are openly rooting for their teams to lose this season if it means getting the first pick in the draft, and therefore getting Luck.

But Luck says those aren’t the kinds of fans he wants to play for.

“I am aware of it,” Luck told the New York Times. “A couple of guys told me about it. I think it’s stupid. Simply put.”

Luck might not like it, but the “Suck for Luck” campaigns aren’t going away: They’re only going to heat up in the final weeks of the season, with fans of the worst teams actively cheering for their teams to lose, and win the right to take Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

One way to eliminate the unseemly thought of teams intentionally tanking games to get the top pick would be to do away with the practice of awarding the top pick to the team with the worst record and instead implement an NBA-style draft lottery. Peter King and Mike Florio discussed that idea on NBC SportsTalk:

Bowser
10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
He's going to pull a John Elway with whichever team ends up with the top pick.

stevieray
10-15-2011, 03:42 PM

smart kid.

Ugly Duck
10-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Luck says those aren’t the kinds of fans he wants to play for.

Ok, Chiefsfanz. That should do it. No way do you want a guy like that on your team. C'mon now - take up the chant.... "NO LUCK!! NO LUCK!! NO LUCK!!"

SNR
10-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I gave up on getting Luck last week. If he goes to the Donks or Colts, I hope he gets AIDS, fucks all his teammates in the ass, and then kills them with his AIDS

KCrockaholic
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
I gave up on getting Luck last week. If he goes to the Donks or Colts, I hope he gets AIDS, fucks all his teammates in the ass, and then kills them with his AIDS

I'm worried about Indy getting him...

jd1020
10-15-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm worried about Indy getting him...

Why? If it's between Denver and Indy then I would hope everyone would want Indy to get him. Even though his ceiling is so high, asking him to replace Manning isn't going to be easy. There's a big difference in being the best prospect to being one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

KCrockaholic
10-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Why? If it's between Denver and Indy then I would hope everyone would want Indy to get him.

I don't think Denver has a chance to get him. I don't even count them in the discussion. Tebow will find a way to win a couple games for them.

I want him to end up in either Miami or Minnesota.

But Indy doesn't fucking deserve him, and they have a legit shot.

Not to mention for the sake of his career, Indy the WORST place he could begin his career. No future to build on at all.

SnakeXJones
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm worried about Indy getting him...I think they would just trade down if they do get the pick

jd1020
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I think they would just trade down if they do get the pick

Not a chance. They are already scouting him.

I'd laugh if he thinks its stupid because he's already made up his mind to stay at Stanford. That would be hilarious with Denver and Indy putting key players on the trading block.

KCrockaholic
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I think they would just trade down if they do get the pick

No chance. Yeah if Peyton was 30 years old. But he's not. He's almost done.

SnakeXJones
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Not a chance. They are already scouting him.:banghead:

jd1020
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Realistically, the only team that trades the pick is St. Louis. I don't think they will get it though, given their division but they are really really bad.

KCrockaholic
10-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Realistically, the only team that trades the pick is St. Louis. I don't think they will get it though, given their division but they are really really bad.

St. Louis or if for whatever reason Carolina keeps finding ways to lose.

milkman
10-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of a lottery style draft, and can't stand that in the NBA.

kysirsoze
10-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Luck's Journal. October 14th, 2011: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. The NFL is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The fields are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the crappy teams will drown. The accumulated filth of all their interceptions and poor clock management will foam up about their waists and all the Chiefs and Colts fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

SNR
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Arizona is also quite terrible.

Would anyone even want Kolb after that? The only teams without QBs are terrible, and Kolb's not good enough to make them better than terrible, so they'll just draft QBs and boot Kolb out the door.

Unlike the Chiefs. Nope. OUR retread QB we acquired through trade made us competitive! He's here to stay!

Bowser
10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Arizona is also quite terrible.

Would anyone even want Kolb after that? The only teams without QBs are terrible, and Kolb's not good enough to make them better than terrible, so they'll just draft QBs and boot Kolb out the door.

Unlike the Chiefs. Nope. OUR retread QB we acquired through trade made us competitive! He's here to stay!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/u-mad-1.jpg

CoMoChief
10-15-2011, 04:40 PM

And I'm sure Elway will tutor him in every aspect of that maneuver so he will safely land into the hands of Denver.

Fucking cheating ass fucking donks.

rico
10-15-2011, 05:25 PM
If I were Luck, I wouldn't like the Suck for Luck stuff either..... talk about pressure....

jd1020
10-15-2011, 05:26 PM
If I were Luck, I wouldn't like the Suck for Luck stuff either..... talk about pressure....

Ya, teams trying to draft him is adding way too much pressure. Not at all everyone hyping him as the best thing since Elway.

Brock
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Luck's Journal. October 14th, 2011: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. The NFL is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The fields are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the crappy teams will drown. The accumulated filth of all their interceptions and poor clock management will foam up about their waists and all the Chiefs and Colts fans will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

:LOL:

Count Zarth
10-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Fuck, I am jealous that I didn't post this. :LOL:

rico
10-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Ya, teams trying to draft him is adding way too much pressure. Not at all everyone hyping him as the best thing since Elway.

If he busts (which he probably won't), they won't be talking about who will be the next Ryan Leaf on draft day. They will be talking about who will be the next Andrew Luck. That is a load of pressure. If I personally, were in a situation like that... I wouldn't like it. But Andrew Luck seems like a confident enough character, I am sure that he copes with pressure-inducing circumstances just fine...which is probably a huge factor in his success to this point.

Detoxing
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM
That's exactly something a franchise QB would say. All Hail Andrew Luck.

Detoxing
10-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I absolutely hate the idea of a lottery style draft, and can't stand that in the NBA.

Fucking amen to that shit.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Fuck Luck! Cassel is king! We owned the Colts and Vikings! SUPER BOWL! lol

Detoxing
10-15-2011, 06:17 PM
**** Luck! Cassel is king! We owned the Colts and Vikings! SUPER BOWL! lol

He's going to own the Raiders too. They have dick for secondary.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2011, 06:19 PM
He's going to own the Raiders too. They have dick for secondary.

Yeah I actually think we're gonna beat the Raiders that being one of the reasons...

jd1020
10-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah I actually think we're gonna beat the Raiders that being one of the reasons...

I dont know about that. I don't see us establishing a run game against them. The fact that Battle went off on Indy is what helped us get back in the game. Think Indy had the ball for like 8mins in the second half.

Bowser
10-15-2011, 06:21 PM

Their front seven will be problematic. The real pain in the ass is going to be McFadden. Al Saunders is going to do his best to turn him into a faster stronger Priest Holmes.

whoman69
10-15-2011, 06:22 PM

I can't either, but the commish probably doesn't have the power to penalize teams that are tanking at the end of the year. If there is evidence that teams start tanking this year then you'll see a lottery.

kysirsoze
10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I can't either, but the commish probably doesn't have the power to penalize teams that are tanking at the end of the year. If there is evidence that teams start tanking this year then you'll see a lottery.

Doesn't it have to wait until the next CBA for this to happen? I read that on Chiefsplanet.

BigChiefFan
10-15-2011, 11:40 PM
No chance. Yeah if Peyton was 30 years old. But he's not. He's almost done.

So is the rest of their team. They don't have much youth to build upon.

DTLB58
10-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh well, You don't always get want you want Mr. Luck especially in the NFL.
Right now there are several teams that could use him so odds are that one of them are going to get him and he is just going to have to deal with it if he wants to play football.

If you are running an NFL Franchise right now and you look at your starting QB and you don't see him as a "Franchise QB" What's the point?

There are going to be a lot of teams going after this kid, and the Chiefs should be #1 on the list! Just deal with it.

mlyonsd
10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Stanford QB calls Suck for Luck campaigns “stupid”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 15, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT

APStanford quarterback Andrew Luck knows that some fans of some of the worst teams in the league are openly rooting for their teams to lose this season if it means getting the first pick in the draft, and therefore getting Luck.

But Luck says those aren’t the kinds of fans he wants to play for.

“I am aware of it,” Luck told the New York Times. “A couple of guys told me about it. I think it’s stupid. Simply put.”

Luck might not like it, but the “Suck for Luck” campaigns aren’t going away: They’re only going to heat up in the final weeks of the season, with fans of the worst teams actively cheering for their teams to lose, and win the right to take Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

One way to eliminate the unseemly thought of teams intentionally tanking games to get the top pick would be to do away with the practice of awarding the top pick to the team with the worst record and instead implement an NBA-style draft lottery. Peter King and Mike Florio discussed that idea on NBC SportsTalk:A lottery for the #1 pick is stupid. And one more reason the NBA is stupid.

Sucky
10-16-2011, 10:09 AM
I gave up on getting Luck last week. If he goes to the Donks or Colts, I hope he gets AIDS, ****s all his teammates in the ass, and then kills them with his AIDS

ROFL

jspchief
10-16-2011, 10:13 AM
So change the draft system based on fan campaigns?

How often does a "suck for draft position" type of mindset occur? Once per decade? And are teams actually trying to lose games for draft spots? Hell, in the last decade, how often has it been speculated that a team didn't want the #1 overall due the expense. Is being to cheap to improve your team better than throwing games in an effort to improve?

Suggesting that the suck for luck craze is an indication of a flawed draft system is absurd.