PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

doomy3
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Per Rotoworld, the Raiders are close to acquiring Carson Palmer.

On my phone, so no link, but what the hell do the Raiders have left to trade?

Schefter reporting that trade is completed. 2012 first and 2013 conditional first.

Amazing.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Jay Glazer reported Raiders are gonna trade their 2012 1st rounder and another conditional pick. Good ole Al is making deals from his grave.

doomy3
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Here's a link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer

doomy3
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Jay Glazer reported Raiders are gonna trade their 2012 1st rounder and another conditional pick. Good ole Al is making deals from his grave.

Holy shit.

Sofa King
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
LMAO

I hope they make that trade.

TEX
10-18-2011, 08:19 AM
This will be good for them. Might not make much sense to others...Remember how everyone laughed when they drafted thier kickers nearly a decade ago? Makes sense now. Plamer is still young enough to make them good for years to come. Just my take...

Sofa King
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
NFL.com is reporting the Raiders have contacted Todd Collins about their quarterback opening. He is reportedly not interested. Collins? Yikes. Again, it is looking more and more like backup Kyle Boller will be the Raiders’ starter with Campbell out with a broken collarbone.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

UPDATE: NFL.com is reporting the Raiders will work out quarterback Todd Bouman this week. He is 39. I’m sure it’s simply as a backup. It is another indication the team is leaning toward going with Boller.

Chiefshrink
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Good ole Al is making deals from his grave.

:thumb:

RUSH
10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Conditional pick can turn into a 2013 first rounder depending on playing time lol. Two first rounders for palmer, who hasn't been good in 4 years.

You can't make this stuff up.

bevischief
10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
So they only have picks in rounds 5-7 left for the draft?

Dayze
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
man...so that means the Raiders will only have like,...2 picks next year. I can't recall exactly what, but I want to say they'll only have a 3rd and a 6th? (Wild Ass guess)

bevischief
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Conditional pick can turn into a 2013 first rounder depending on playing time lol. Two first rounders for palmer, who hasn't been good in 4 years.

You can't make this stuff up.

Are we sure that didn't clone Al Davis?

MahiMike
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
NFL.com is reporting the Raiders have contacted Todd Collins about their quarterback opening. He is reportedly not interested. Collins? Yikes. Again, it is looking more and more like backup Kyle Boller will be the Raidersí starter with Campbell out with a broken collarbone.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

UPDATE: NFL.com is reporting the Raiders will work out quarterback Todd Bouman this week. He is 39. Iím sure itís simply as a backup. It is another indication the team is leaning toward going with Boller.

Bouman played pretty well against us last year.

PGM
10-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Holy balls. He really is the Crypt Keeper. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!

Rooster
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Coming off the tractor if I remember correctly.

ZootedGranny
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
You know you've fucked up when you make Mike Brown look like a genius.

A 2012 first, and according to Mortenson, the conditional pick has very attainable conditions that could make it a 2013 1st.

RUSH
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Raiders will get good comp picks for Gallery and Asomugha but still an awful trade. Wow.

Dartgod
10-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Is he the farmer that nearly kicked our ass with the Jags?

mcaj22
10-18-2011, 08:30 AM

lol yes.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
It's also a conditional first rounder in 2013. Regardless of the conditions, that's an enormous win of a trade for the Bengals.

Brock
10-18-2011, 08:38 AM
This will be good for them. Might not make much sense to others...Remember how everyone laughed when they drafted thier kickers nearly a decade ago? Makes sense now. Plamer is still young enough to make them good for years to come. Just my take...

ROFL 2 first rounders?

Chiefs=Good
10-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Where are those Raider trolls from last week now? Nothing to say about this??

PGM
10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
They held out till another team got desperate for a QB. Smart move by the Bungles it would appear......Nah, I'm going with the Faid is still a really fucking stupid organization. At least it wasn't the Pats that raped em this time.

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Way to stand your ground, Mike. Way to spend all this time saying that "we're not going to let players under contract dictate where they play." Then cave.

Amazing how a couple of R1 picks move you off your principles - which is why everyone said you were a fucking dumbass to take that stance to begin with - everyone knew you were full of shit.

SPATCH
10-18-2011, 08:44 AM
this organization amazes me

the Talking Can
holy shit...a 1st for palmer?

ROFL

doomy3
Schefter reporting that trade is completed. 2012 first and 2013 conditional first.

Amazing.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
ROFL

mlyonsd

Amazing.raider fan at work just ran up to me saying the same thing.

bobbything
I've heard of trades like this, but where?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G5DZS3ZPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Messier

No, I still laugh that they took a kicker in the first round. Two 1st round picks shouldn't be given up at all, but you need to get a top QB in his prime. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer is out of the league in three years.

SenselessChiefsFan
This can't be true. I mean, this IS a joke, right? If true, the Bengals just raped the Raiders.

Brock
10-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Way to stand your ground, Mike. Way to spend all this time saying that "we're not going to let players under contract dictate where they play." Then cave.

Amazing how a couple of R1 picks move you off your principles - which is why everyone said you were a fucking dumbass to take that stance to begin with - everyone knew you were full of shit.

Well, it worked.

crazycoffey
raider fan at work just ran up to me saying the same thing.

was he excited or depressed?

PGM
Prepare for 100 Raider trolls jerking off to old Palmer highlight reels saying HE'S BACK TO HIS OLD FORM BABY, JUST LIKE THE RAIDUHS

blaise
10-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Amazing how a couple of R1 picks move you off your principles - which is why everyone said you were a ****ing dumbass to take that stance to begin with - everyone knew you were full of shit.

He might seem like a phony, but he hardly seems like a dumbass right now.

Sofa King
10-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Amazing how a couple of R1 picks move you off your principles - which is why everyone said you were a ****ing dumbass to take that stance to begin with - everyone knew you were full of shit.

If it actually does net him 2 first rounders, how can you say he played it wrong. 2 fucking 1st rounders. I'd say he played that perfectly. even if it's only 1 first rounder and anything else.

JASONSAUTO
10-18-2011, 08:49 AM

only you could come up with something to bitch about when the raiders got fucking RAPED

gblowfish
Carson Palmer can't be anywhere near game shape. And he's got a bad knee. Nice to see Al Davis still screwing the pooch from the grave.

Short Leash Hootie
Well, it worked.

This.

Potentially 2 1st round picks for a brokedick QB!?

Wow...Bengals could be HUGE winners here.

PGM
10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Shoulda offered em Cassel herpty derp

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Yaaaaaa! Carson

Sofa King
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
This.

Potentially 2 1st round picks for a brokedick QB!?

Wow...Bengals could be HUGE winners here.

So much for your guarantee that Palmer would be out of the league in 3 years. In fact his value has never been higher. LMAO

blaise
10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Yaaaaaa! Carson

"Yaaaaa!" Carson, after he pulls his groin and misses the last 4 weeks of the season.

Chiefnj2
10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Does Palmer really think the big picture is better in Oakland than it is in Cincy?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 08:53 AM

There is a difference between THAT move and this one. THIS one reeks of desperation.

This one is during a rookie salary cap that will dramatically increase the value of first round picks.

Palmer is coming in from retirement, not in football shape, in OCTOBER. At best, the Raiders get him for 9 weeks this year.

If the Raiders play well and he hits the benchmarks, they lose TWO first round picks. If not, they still lose a first and a second.

Dang.

the Talking Can
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
2 firsts for a QB who has been sitting on his ass....

does this mean he's the starter over campell next year? how's that going to go over with the team...cause if they traded a first for a half a year, it's one of the most insanely stupid trades ever...

Bengals have a solid looking rookie QB and an extra first....looks to me like they raped....and meanwhile we're cycling through our 42nd backup QB since the 80's...

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
If it actually does net him 2 first rounders, how can you say he played it wrong. 2 fucking 1st rounders. I'd say he played that perfectly. even if it's only 1 first rounder and anything else.

Oh, it's a great trade for them. Ridiculously good.

I just think it's comical that he made all those comments and then backed off.

Dude's spent the last several months spouting off about principles, then ignores his own.

Do the Raiders have any 2012 picks left after this? Mark's first major act as owner reminds me of that old pot PSA - "I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

blaise
10-18-2011, 08:55 AM

Dude's spent the last several months spouting off about principles, then ignores his own.

Do the Raiders have any 2012 picks left after this? Mark's first major act as owner reminds me of that old pot PSA - "I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

They get compensatory picks for Nnamdi, I guess.

Short Leash Hootie
So much for your guarantee that Palmer would be out of the league in 3 years. In fact his value has never been higher. LMAO

I never guaranteed he'd be out of the league in 3 years...I said he would no longer be an NFL starter.

We'll see how he pans out in Oakland...when I said that 2 years ago everyone laughed at me because no one could fathom him not being a "franchise QB" in Cincy...

the Raiders are desperate...and Carson will not be the answer.

Why? Because he's a downgrade from Jason Campbell. Palmer is not a good NFL QB. Period.

OnTheWarpath58

does this mean he's the starter over campell next year? how's that going to go over with the team...cause if they traded a first for a half a year, it's one of the most insanely stupid trades ever...

Bengals have a solid looking rookie QB and an extra first....looks to me like they raped....and meanwhile we're cycling through our 42nd backup QB since the 80's...

Makes no sense from the Raiders perspective.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Campbell is in the last year of his contract, he will probably never take another snap for the Raiders.

Sofa King

Everyone in their dog knows that Cinci is one of the worst run organizations in football. Doesn't suprise me in the slightest that he backed off his word. But damn, he'd be an absolute fool to pass on this deal!

The Bad Guy

"Everyone's Got a Price" - Ted Dibiase.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 08:57 AM

His "principles" drove the price for Carson Palmer at a 4th round pick to potentially two 1st round picks from an idiotic organization.

I'm not saying it was his intention, but the stubbornness paid off big time.

FringeNC
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
This has to be a joke. Two first rounders?

TEX
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I never guaranteed he'd be out of the league in 3 years...I said he would no longer be an NFL starter.

We'll see how he pans out in Oakland...when I said that 2 years ago everyone laughed at me because no one could fathom him not being a "franchise QB" in Cincy...

the Raiders are desperate...and Carson will not be the answer.

Why? Because he's a downgrade from Jason Campbell. Palmer is not a good NFL QB. Period.

Neither was Jim Plunkett...

-King-
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
We should have given then cassel for a 2nd.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock
10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/drfrth.gif

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
We should have given then cassel for a 2nd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiders wouldn't pay 60 million for that slug, we just got rid of a 60 million dollar slug.

Brock
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Raiders wouldn't pay 60 million for that slug, we just got rid of a 60 million dollar slug.

You just traded 2 firsts or a first and a second at least, for an old brokedick. Yeah, I wouldn't take bets on what your team wouldn't do.

Short Leash Hootie
I hope Carson comes in and starts this week...

we'll lose like 10-13, and it's just because we can't handle pressure defenses like Oakland. Cassel sucks against the blitz.

Fritz88
Well, it worked.

Exactly. He got a great deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
Campbell is in the last year of his contract, he will probably never take another snap for the Raiders.

so you're going to roll with a broke dick like Palmer?

for 2 firsts?

jesus....it's a terrible fucking trade any way you slice it

he isn't worth a single 1st under any circumstances

Chiefs=Good

Well you just paid double that for a broken statue...

Messier
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe this was Al Davis' death bed wish and they felt they had to honor it.

PGM
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM

:spock: Your team just gave up 2 firsts for a guy that barely played at a Casselean level his last year.

-King-
10-18-2011, 09:04 AM
This is just amazingly stupid
Posted via Mobile Device

FringeNC
I have a buddy who went to a Cinci game last year, and said it was glaring what a noodle arm Palmer had in warmups compared to all of the other quarterbacks. This trade is insane.

Valiant
Someone call up the raiders pretending to be clark and offer cassel.

SenselessChiefsFan
On Cleveland planet:

CincyKnowmo: Hearing the Raiders are offering a first, and a conditional pick that could be another first for Palmer.

This is the kind of trade that ONLY a Cincy homer would think was fair. Well, initially. The Raiders homer will be eventually be able to rationalize it.

You know, after the Aaron Curry deal, I really thought the Radiers were wising up and were going to be a real pain to deal with for the next decade. It is nice to be wrong.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
:spock: Your team just gave up 2 firsts for a guy that barely played at a Casselean level his last year.

It won't be two firsts the second is a conditional which probably means he will have to be in the pro bowl for it to pay off.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Shocking though, an owner talked out of his backside. I don't blame Brown one bit. He won in a major way. He got a king's ransom for someone they moved on from.

-King-
Drafturbators should polish up their resumes. The Raiders are in need for a GM bad
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
It won't be two firsts the second is a conditional which probably means he will have to be in the pro bowl for it to pay off.

ROFL It's at least a first and a second.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Shocking though, an owner talked out of his backside. I don't blame Brown one bit. He won in a major way. He got a king's ransom for someone they moved on from.

and his current team seems to be doing just fine without him.

-King-
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM

Still way more than we gave up for cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Still way more than we gave up for cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassell is not even in the same league as Palmer....

rageeumr

Reports on SportsCenter said the conditions were "extremely obtainable". Enough so that the reports all say that the compensation was "two first round picks"

PGM
Yeah, Brown lied, but unbelievable deal by the Bungles to say the least. No way anyone can spin that.

Basileus777
10-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm speechless. My god is this real life? Hahaha.

Brock

ROFL 10 years ago.

FringeNC

I really don't know how the rest of the league would feel about that. Cassel is not very good, but I don't really think Palmer is an upgrade. I think he's damaged goods.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM

Palmer is the one QB I wouldn't take over Cassel...and I'm not just saying that.

Fritz88

Still trying to defend this trade in anyway possible. Idiot Faider.

Your team got Fucking robbed in daylight. Yes, I think Parson is an improvement but a first and a second? ?!! Go die in your gay infested cell.
Posted via Mobile Device

3rd&48ers
Reports on SportsCenter said the conditions were "extremely obtainable". Enough so that the reports all say that the compensation was "two first round picks"

Well if they are obtainable then that means he will be a helluva qb for the Raiders and add the missing link they need to make them a serious contender...

Oakland has like 13 former first rounders on this team, they have enough of them.

The Raiders don't want to win next year, they want to win NOW!

cookster50
We should have given then cassel along with a 2nd to sweeten the pot and got back a used jock strap.

FYP!

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Brown lied, but unbelievable deal by the Bungles to say the least. No way anyone can spin that.

the FOUR AND TWO Bengals...

Shit, Andy Dalton has been an absolute UPGRADE (already) at the QB position.

Now they need to get rid of their shit ass RB and just play Bernard Scott already.

Scott > Benson

RUSH

Did you watch Palmer play last year? It's not as crazy as it sounds.

Palmer is awful until he proves otherwise. He's been shit ever since his injury against the Steelers.

PGM

Prepare for 100 Raider trolls jerking off to old Palmer highlight reels saying HE'S BACK TO HIS OLD FORM BABY, JUST LIKE THE RAIDUHS

Like I said on page 3. Just waiting on the rest of the inmates to get computer time.

the Talking Can
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
hali getting after Palmer

can't wait...dude is a body bag in the backfield

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Still trying to defend this trade in anyway possible. Idiot Faider.

Your team got ****ing robbed in daylight. Yes, I think Parson is an improvement but a first and a second? ?!! Go die in your gay infested cell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't be jealous you are a fan of the cheapest team in the NFL. This is why you don't win playoff games and you don't go to Superbowls....

When to great KC starts making decisions that get them some playoff wins atleast, come talk to me about the way the Raiders do things.

FringeNC
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
hali getting after Palmer

can't wait...dude is a body bag in the backfield

Yeah, will that statue even last the season?

rageeumr
Well if they are obtainable then that means he will be a helluva qb for the Raiders and add the missing link they need to make them a serious contender...

Oakland has like 13 former first rounders on this team, they have enough of them.

I'm certainly no expert, but when they say "extremely obtainable", I assume they mean it's tied to playing time or some other non-performance-related metric.

Short Leash Hootie
Carson Palmer is worse than Drew Bledsoe was his last few years in Dallas...but that's who he reminds me of...

a "pocket passer" with absolutely no pocket awareness or pocket presence who is just going to take too many sacks, hold the ball too long, isn't very accurate, and senses pressure worse than any QB I've seen, well, since Bledsoe in Dallas.

crazycoffey
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
FYP!

I don't know, a jockstrap for a QB may just be the one QB that holds on to the balls longer than Matt.....

blaise
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Don't be jealous you are a fan of the cheapest team in the NFL. This is why you don't win playoff games and you don't go to Superbowls....

When to great KC starts making decisions that get them some playoff wins atleast, come talk to me about the way the Raiders do things.

Right, jealous of giving two first rounders for Carson Palmer, so you can lose a first round playoff game and have no draft next year.

rageeumr
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Man I would have rolled with Bouman and his wife's jean jacket and kept my draft picks.

FringeNC
On top everything else, he costs the Raiders $7.5 million for the rest of the season.

ChiefsandO'sfan
So they only have picks in rounds 5-7 left for the draft?

ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

The #Raiders will get some high (3rd-4th rd) compensatory picks in the 2012 draft after losing Gallery, Asomugha and Miller in free agency.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Right, jealous of giving two first rounders for Carson Palmer, so you can lose a first round playoff game and have no draft next year.

Where does it say 2 first rounders? I see one first rounder and a conditional...

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Man I would have rolled with Bouman and his wife's jean jacket and kept my draft picks.

Thats because you are a Chiefs fan and know your team is cheap, they even have their fans thinking cheap now. ROFL

Brock

The way the Raiders do things? You mean 35 wins in 8 seasons?

Short Leash Hootie
the Raiders are still underdogs to even make the playoffs...

and what, is Palmer really going to step in and start Sunday?

If so, this move has a 95% failure rate (and by that I mean, even if it hits that 5% non-failure rate, he'll still be a downgrade to Campbell and perhaps a slight upgrade to Boller...but I'm only giving that a 5% chance)

we all saw how great Kerry Collins adjusted to the Colts being plucked off the street a week before the season began

that's pretty much what I compare this move to...other than it costing the Raiders 2 1st's (LMAO)

FringeNC
If this were a fantasy league, the other owners would be complaining to the commish that the fix was in.

Brock
Where does it say 2 first rounders? I see one first rounder and a conditional...

ROFL Just spin it, baby!

KCUnited
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Just Trade Picks Baby

Short Leash Hootie

The #Raiders will get some high (3rd-4th rd) compensatory picks in the 2012 draft after losing Gallery, Asomugha and Miller in free agency.

they may get a 7th for Miller

a 6th for Gallery

a definite 3rd for Asomugha

3rd&48ers
the Raiders are still underdogs to even make the playoffs...

and what, is Palmer really going to step in and start Sunday?

If so, this move has a 95% failure rate (and by that I mean, even if it hits that 5% non-failure rate, he'll still be a downgrade to Campbell and perhaps a slight upgrade to Boller...but I'm only giving that a 5% chance)

we all saw how great Kerry Collins adjusted to the Colts being plucked off the street a week before the season began

that's pretty much what I compare this move to...other than it costing the Raiders 2 1st's (LMAO)

I don't think he starts this weekend, probably after the bye week.

PGM
I don't know guys, maybe they've added a Delorean with time travel capabilites to the deal to balance it out. R8ers may be right after all.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't think he starts this weekend, probably after the bye week.

we don't want you to think, you're a fucking moron, every time you think and share everyone has to read stupidity, we just prefer you never to post because everyone hates you, and your stupid thoughts

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't expect you guys to like the deal, I expect you guys to ridicule every move the Raiders make. Just sit back and watch, have your little suck 4 luck arguments and keep losing... The Raiders have a weapon to hit those young receivers now.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
we don't want you to think, you're a ****ing moron, every time you think and share everyone has to read stupidity, we just prefer you never to post because everyone hates you, and your stupid thoughts

That trade is getting to you now isn't it meat licker? You are wondering why the Cheaps never get anybody aren't you?

PGM
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM
We are missing the most important part of the deal....Is Palmer debt free?

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
That trade is getting to you now isn't it meat licker? You are wondering why the Cheaps never get anybody aren't you?

no, I've been on record on this board for years saying how terrible I thought Carson Palmer is...I even predicted two years ago (when he was all-pro, and an MVP frontfunner!!!! according to mecca) that he wouldn't be an NFL starter in two years and as of yesterday he was "retired" from the NFL...

lets put it this way

if the Chiefs traded for Carson Palmer...even for a 5th round pick...I'd have probably chucked my laptop against my wall in disgust

FringeNC
I don't expect you guys to like the deal, I expect you guys to ridicule every move the Raiders make. Just sit back and watch, have your little suck 4 luck arguments and keep losing... The Raiders have a weapon to hit those young receivers now.

You are wrong. We love the deal.

blaise

Yeah, we were wondering when the Chiefs would trade first round picks for a crappy, washed up QB.

SNR
I don't expect you guys to like the deal, I expect you guys to ridicule every move the Raiders make. Just sit back and watch, have your little suck 4 luck arguments and keep losing... The Raiders have a weapon to hit those young receivers now.:LOL:

Campbell > Palmer

You fools are going nowhere if you reach the playoffs

TRR
A first round pick and a conditional first round pick for a 32 year old QB that quit on his former team and hasn't had a good season in how many years?

The Bengals leadership look like geniuses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
they may get a 7th for Miller

a 6th for Gallery

a definite 3rd for Asomugha

Does it go off of contract signed, playing time or both?

Detoxing
10-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Holy shit, TWO firsts? For Carson Fucking Palmer?

Are you kidding me?

WOW.

Fuck, for two firsts they probably coulda got a lot better than Carson Palmer.....

3rd&48ers
I love my bitter Cheap fan friends MUHAHAHAHAHA .

blaise

I don't know how high it will be. I wonder what they base that on. The Texans ended up getting like a 6th rounder for Dunta Robinson.

Detoxing
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM

Trust me, no one here is bitter.

This place woulda been on suicide watch if the Chiefs had traded two 1sts for a broke dick QB who is a shell of his former self.

tooge
Holy crap, a 1st rounder in 2012 and a 2nd in 2013. Are we sure Al Davis is dead?

blaise

I think you're overselling your glee here. I'm guessing it means you realize how retarded the deal is.

rageeumr
Q

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Does it go off of contract signed, playing time or both?

well Zach Miller has been an epic bust and I'm pretty sure the contract they gave to Boss will negate any compensatory pick to a 6th round or lower

mcaj22
E

PGM
Holy crap, they really did get a Delorean

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
and with Gallery being injured and the terms of his contract never disclosed who knows if they'll even get any picks out of him

tooge
heh, "we've landed on the moon". My bad.

mcaj22
i dont understand how we cant be competitive in such a shit division when the Raiders and Donks are putting their teams back YEARS with such horrible GMing

just put a product on the field and get a real QB and we will be shitting all over these garbage teams.

tredadda
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Makes you wonder what the value for Luck will be, especially since Palmer is a shadow of his former self.

Superturtle
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
QWOP?!?

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:31 AM
how do people do this to themselves...

really brah

you really thought you were breaking news to the rest of the site?

Mr. Flopnuts
I want to know how R8ers feels about his team mortgaging their future for a qb today. Could they afford that trade? Are they living outside of their means? WWDRD?

blaise
i dont understand how we cant be competitive in such a shit division when the Raiders and Donks are putting their teams back YEARS with such horrible GMing

just put a product on the field and get a real QB and we will be shitting all over these garbage teams.

Well, technically, as bad as the Chiefs are they only have one more loss than the Raiders.

Sofa King
LMAO

Nice repost of a thread that's blowing up. It was literally the top thread.

blaise
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I want to know how R8ers feels about his team mortgaging their future for a qb today. Could they afford that trade? Are they living outside of their means? WWDRD?

Just trade first round picks, baby.

PGM
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM

ROFL This should be the exact kind of deal he'd be against.

PGM
10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Well, technically, as bad as the Chiefs are they only have one more loss than the Raiders.

With thier most explosive offensive and defensive player on the sideline for the year.

Rain Man
Interestingly, Palmer is the same age that Trent Green was when we traded for him. We gave a 1st for Trent if I remember right, whereas the Raiders are giving up 2 1sts or a 1st and a 2nd.

It worked well for us, and Trent was an unproven commodity to everyone except Vermeil. Also, he had very low mileage. Palmer is a less risky acquisition as a player, but that price is pretty steep. We'll see how well he pays off for the Raiders and if he can turn back time from the last couple of years. For a 1st and 2nd I don't think I'd be happy with the trade if I was a Raiders fan unless I believe my team is making a run in the next year or two. For 2 1sts I'd be looking like one of those people in the haunted house photos.

Short Leash Hootie

he doesn't believe in mortgaging

Sofa King
This is absolutely hilarious.

Demonpenz
10-18-2011, 09:35 AM

The Raiders are hardnosed and they play borderline dirty, they have an Identity, right now the chiefs identity is they get hurt and don't play.

DMAC
10-18-2011, 09:35 AM
You're kidding.

BigCatDaddy
10-18-2011, 09:37 AM
A for effort, F on the result.

booyaf2
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Couldn't the Raiders of got Luck by throwing in another 3rd or 4th rd pick? They aren't a playoff team with Campbell, they aren't a playoff team with Palmer, so say goodbye to 2011 and give miami your draft picks before the draft and take Mr Luck.

tooge
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
how do people do this to themselves...

really brah

you really thought you were breaking news to the rest of the site?

Go fuck yourself.

Detoxing
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Interestingly, Palmer is the same age that Trent Green was when we traded for him. We gave a 1st for Trent if I remember right, whereas the Raiders are giving up 2 1sts or a 1st and a 2nd.

It worked well for us, and Trent was an unproven commodity to everyone except Vermeil. Also, he had very low mileage. Palmer is a less risky acquisition as a player, but that price is pretty steep. We'll see how well he pays off for the Raiders and if he can turn back time from the last couple of years. For a 1st and 2nd I don't think I'd be happy with the trade if I was a Raiders fan unless I believe my team is making a run in the next year or two. For 2 1sts I'd be looking like one of those people in the haunted house photos.

You're missing a HUGE difference here. At the time, Green was considered an up and coming player who lost his job due to circumstances beyond his control.

Palmer is considered to already be on the downside of his career. Palmer is just a name right now.

It's essentially like trading 2 1st's for Matt Hasselbeck.

doomy3
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Man I wish we could get a trade done with the Raiders sometime.

BigCatDaddy
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Playing with the nitrous oxide again are we?

BigCatDaddy
10-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Man I wish we could get a trade done with the Raiders sometime.

We probably could have gotten a 1st for Cassell from them. Maybe more.

DMAC
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Herm Edward believes both sides win in the Bengals trade of Carson Palmer to the Raiders.

tooge
10-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Raider fan, you can spin all you want. Romove emotion and look at the facts. The Raiders are a borderline contender right now. They need a stud qb to take them to the next level. They need improvement in the secondary to take them to the next level, and they need offensive line help to take them to the next level. They just got a mediocre qb that hasn't played in almost a year, doesn't know the receivers or the system, and was in obvious decline over the last few seasons. They gave up the best picks in the next two drafts that they could have used to start adressing the aforementioned issues that are keeping them from being real contenders. Watch, this is ultimately going to turn out to be bad for them long term. Regarding them wanting to win "NOW"? Well, if you think this move makes them any closer to the Patriots and Packers of the NFL, you are wrong. If they sneak into the playoffs this season, they will get drummed in the first game. Palmer is a has been. Campell at least had some athletic ability. This trade is like the Hershel Walker trade, and the Ricky Williams trade, but worse because you are giving up the top of two drafts. Since the chiefs suck right now, I was actually hoping to see the raiders make some noise in the NFL this year. Not so fast, this move is terrible.

FringeNC
10-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Herm Edward believes both sides win in the Bengals trade of Carson Palmer to the Raiders.

Shocking.

bobbything
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM

The only similarities I see between Trent Green and Carson Palmer is their age. Green was supposed to be awesome in St. Louis before he got hurt. So, you could say he was ascending (and he did ascend in KC). Palmer has gotten worse in the last few years. Significantly worse.

Green had significant upside with low miles, Palmer has high miles and little upside. And we still gave up less for Green. This move is horrible for the Raiders. It could go down as one of the worst trades of all time.

What's more, does anyone remember how much Green struggled during his first year under Saunders? It takes time to learn that offense.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
evansilvaEvan Silva

ESPN's Bill Williamson on whether #Raiders QB Carson Palmer will start Wk 7: "They traded a huge amount. Theyre not gonna sit around & wait"

BigRichard
10-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Not that McNabb is any better but couldn't they have gotten him since he is benched now? I would think he would have came a lot cheaper then that and done just as good of a job as Campbell.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow. Dumbasses. Complete and total dumbasses. That's the Raiders for you.

Chiefnj2
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I just don't see how Palmer can get up to speed fast enough to help them all that much this year.

TheGuardian
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I love this trade.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
mortreportChris Mortensen

Conditional pick in 2013 is 1st rounder if Raiders win 1 playoff game or it's a 2nd rounder. Still get the 1st rounder next April.

wazu
What the fuck?! No way! Wow, Raiders. Wow. Got to wonder if somebody in the organization wanted to give away the farm in the offseason, and now was able to with Al dead.

Fire Me Boy!
Everyone in their dog knows that Cinci is one of the worst run organizations in football. Doesn't suprise me in the slightest that he backed off his word. But damn, he'd be an absolute fool to pass on this deal!

:spock:

Now I'm picturing those two rhinoceroses having sex with the lion... :Lin:

I think you mean "Everyone and their dog..."

bobbything
I just don't see how Palmer can get up to speed fast enough to help them all that much this year.
Either Saunders is going to have to seriously dumb-down that offense, or Palmer is going to toss about 20 picks.

Pants
So when STL gets that #1 overall, do you think Cincy is now in the best position to get Luck since they have so much they can offer in a trade?

Oxford
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
In what way did Carson Palmer determine where he was going to play? The Bengals traded him to Oakland, a place where careers die. The Bengals got 2 draft picks for a shiny car that someone had to have, only to find out the motor and tranny are gone. Good luck Carson...........ROFL

durtyrute
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure what the hell you guys have been drinking, but they don't need an all world Qb to keep them playing well. They have a hell of a running game and a good defense. Palmer is an upgrade over Boller, so they have improved. The whole two first thing is a bit steep, but hey they are doing what they think is best for the team right now. Any Faid improvement makes Durt angry!!

doomy3
10-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure what the hell you guys have been drinking, but they don't need an all world Qb to keep them playing well. They have a hell of a running game and a good defense. Palmer is an upgrade over Boller, so they have improved. The whole two first thing is a bit steep, but hey they are doing what they think is best for the team right now. Any Faid improvement makes Durt angry!!

If you're a Chiefs' fan, mortgaging their future for a washed up QB like Carson Palmer should not make you angry in any way.

Rudy lost the toss
10-18-2011, 10:07 AM
this is fantastic.

Brock
10-18-2011, 10:08 AM

If the Chiefs did this, I'd be disgusted.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Is this the first of a decade of strange trades by the fade leading to Tupac-like speculation that Al is alive and pulling the strings from a remote mountain bunker under Denver International Airport?

Deberg_1990
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Smart move by both Bengals and Raiders. I dont think Palmer is a "world beater" but hes decent, better than anything else they have, and can keep the team humming. Sucks for us...

Frazod
10-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Nice to see Al's legacy lives on. LMAO

bevischief
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope he starts on Sunday. Do they have any anything left under the cap?

Chiefnj2
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Lets hope Dalton keeps playing well so that Cincy isn't in a position to make a run at a QB.

mlyonsd
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm wayyyy happier they got Palmer instead of Orton.

Coogs
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Smart move by both Bengals and Raiders. I dont think Palmer is a "world beater" but hes decent, better than anything else they have, and can keep the team humming. Sucks for us...

I think so too.

bobbything
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Smart move by (the) Raiders.
A first and (at worst) a second round pick? Marc Bulger is still alive. They could have gotten him for less.

PGM
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM

If you give up 2 firsts and it makes your team a championship contender, that's fine. This in no way does that. Getting "better than what you have" when the guys he's upgrading are a pile of shit is not good enough....and no it doesn't suck for us.

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2011, 10:18 AM
AL DAVIS LIVES!!!

Chiefnj2
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Marshall Faulk says the Raiders use a similar offensive # playcalling system that the Bengals use.

Doesn't look like a good move to me - declining player who is out of shape and has a penchant for throwing picks lately. But, the AFC is wide open this year, so who knows.

suds79
Who would have thought that Jason Campbell breaking his collar bone would not only ruin the season for Oakland this year but for years to come.

Fantastic. PBJ

doomy3
I can't even believe that one person in this world would think that this is a smart move by the Raiders, or would say something like "Sucks for us."

Brock
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Yeah, giving up 2 first round picks for a guy who's definitely on the downside is really smart. Jesus. :drool:

mcaj22
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
if you are going to give up a 1st there a backups I'd rather overpay for in the NFL than Palmer.

like Matt Flynn, maybe Mallet, etc.

Pawnmower
10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Wheres all of the raider trolls at saying how awesome this move is???????

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FD
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I honestly think Palmer is probably a step down from Campbell, thats how bad he's been the past 2 years. What a stupid trade.

DaFace
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
If Palmer could return to peak form, this trade would be more than worth it for the Raiders. But that's a GIGANTIC "if." I'd be pretty cranky if I were a Raiders fan.

WV
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I honestly think Palmer is probably a step down from Campbell, thats how bad he's been the past 2 years. What a stupid trade.

This...he's never been the same since the knee injury.

suds79
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
The Bengals could be shaping up nicely from this.

Looks like they've got their guy in Dalton. AJ Green has been good. Now multiple picks.

Watch out.

suds79
10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
This...he's never been the same since the knee injury.

Yep. Before that you could say he's a legitimate franchise QB.

That knee injury changed him forever.

Chiefnj2
Why am I thinking he's going to show up looking like Jared Lorenzen.

Okie_Apparition
Elway will have to come up with 4 top 10 1st rounders to get Luck now. Or the trading team looks like an idiot

bevischief
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Oakland's 2012 NFL Draft:
1st round- QB Carson Palmer trade(TO CIN)
2nd round- Traded to the Pats in 2011 NFL Draft trade
3rd round- QB Terrelle Pryor selection
4th round- QB Jason Campbell trade(TO WSH)
5th round- LB Aaron Curry trade(TO SEA)
7th round- LB Aaron Curry trade(TO SEA)

2013 NFL Draft:
1st round(Or 2nd round)- QB Carson Palmer trade(TO CIN)

bevischief
10-18-2011, 10:28 AM
The Raiders are RETARDED.

They trade a 4th round pick for Jason Campbell (good value)

They burn a 3rd round pick on Terrelle Pryor (a multi year project)

Campbell gets hurt

They burn 1 1st round pick on Carson Palmer….and often injured underachiever that could turn into 2 1st round picks.

Then what happens when Campbell is healthy? What happens when Pryor is ready to compete?

Palmer=Orton
Campbell=Quinn
Pryor=Tebow

durtyrute
10-18-2011, 10:28 AM
If you're a Chiefs' fan, mortgaging their future for a washed up QB like Carson Palmer should not make you angry in any way.

It makes them better right now. That's what bothers me.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Palmer has some familiarity with the Raiders' offensive system. Hue Jackson was in Cincinnati from 2002-06 and said Palmer's learning curve would be minimal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000446063_raiders-near-deal-for-qb-palmer

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I love the irony that Palmer sat out because he was fed up with the front office of the Bengals, only to get traded to the one team whose leadership might actually be worse.

doomy3
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
It makes them better right now. That's what bothers me.

Not necessarily. For one thing, Palmer sucks.

For another, how often does a QB start playing in the middle of the season, with a team he isn't familiar with, and make any kindnof a positive impact.

Pawnmower
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Oakland's 2012 NFL Draft:
1st round- QB Carson Palmer trade(TO CIN)
2nd round- Traded to the Pats in 2011 NFL Draft trade
3rd round- QB Terrelle Pryor selection
4th round- QB Jason Campbell trade(TO WSH)
5th round- LB Aaron Curry trade(TO SEA)
7th round- LB Aaron Curry trade(TO SEA)

2013 NFL Draft:
1st round(Or 2nd round)- QB Carson Palmer trade(TO CIN)

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

mcaj22
10-18-2011, 10:33 AM
how embarrassing will it be if the Chiefs lose to Palmer who hasnt done anything NFL related in almost a fucking year. Who has been sitting on his couch every Sunday.

That's what bums me out, Chiefs cant put a competitive product on the field to even beat a broke dick QB that hasnt even had a training camp or played an NFL game this season

Okie_Apparition
10-18-2011, 10:33 AM
He's already had 1 hip replacement surgery

Otter
10-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Maybe Al wasn't solely responsible for all the stupid after all.

Mr. Arrowhead
Isnt palmer in his early to middle 30s

suds79

For another, how often does a QB start playing in the middle of the season, with a team he isn't familiar with, and make any kindnof a positive impact.

This. It will at least take him a couple of games to get up to speed. And even then, there's a lot of reason to believe he's washed up.

Otter
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Isnt palmer in his early to middle 30s

31, not a bad age at all for QB.

ChiefsCountry
Well Hue Jackson knows Palmer pretty well. He was on the USC staff when Palmer was there and was the WR's coach in Cincinnati during Palmer's best seasons. So learning the offense for Palmer should be pretty easy I would think.

MahiMike

yep

jjchieffan
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Why would the Faiders get a compensatory pick for Asomugha? I thought that he was under contract and the terminated his contract. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, they shouldn't get a compensatory pick.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Raiders | Carson Palmer in Oakland
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=747844-raiders-carson-palmer-in-oakland

doomy3
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Well Hue Jackson knows Palmer pretty well. He was on the USC staff when Palmer was there and was the WR's coach in Cincinnati during Palmer's best seasons. So learning the offense for Palmer should be pretty easy I would think.

Certainly there is more to gaining familiarity than learning an offense. He hasn't thrown to an NFL WR in some time, and has never thrown to any of his current receivers.

mnchiefsguy
Did I read that right? TWO first round picks for Carson Palmer? Really?

Only the Faiders.

MahiMike
He might seem like a phony, but he hardly seems like a dumbass right now.

I actually think it's both. Brown really never wanted to cave. It took a gun to the head to MAKE him take 2 1st rounders. I don't think he'll realize it until February or so.

Sofa King
Let's pray he passes the physical!

Okie_Apparition
How well did Romeo play against the Bengals

Cave Johnson
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Why would the Faiders get a compensatory pick for Asomugha? I thought that he was under contract and the terminated his contract. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, they shouldn't get a compensatory pick.

His agent negotiated such that his franchise tag was non-renewable, making him a 2011 FA.

TheGuardian
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone who thinks this makes the Raiders better or is a good deal surely doesn't posses a working brain that has to do with NFL football.

Douche Baggins
10-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Behind that OL...he is toast. Palmer is freaking awful when he is pressured consistently. And the Raiders' receivers won't help.

Brock
10-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I actually think it's both. Brown really never wanted to cave. It took a gun to the head to MAKE him take 2 1st rounders. I don't think he'll realize it until February or so.

It took a gun to his head? That's pretty dumb. He waited until some idiot was willing to vastly overpay.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Raiders keep improving, Cheaps keep sucking ... I love it...

thurman merman
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Sofa King
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Everyone knows you're trolling. You're wasting your time.

Okie_Apparition
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
The Bengals have had like two winning seasons in 20 years

DaFace

(not a troll)

Cave Johnson
On the plus side, this should help the fantasy value of all Raiders, especially DMC.

MoreLemonPledge
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM

So are they going to play both of their mediocre QBs next year, a la LSU? Or did they mortgage the future for nothing?

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
So are they going to play both of their mediocre QBs next year, a la LSU? Or did they mortgage the future for nothing?
JC is in the final year of his contract.... even KFFL thinks he has taken his final snap as a Raider

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=747842-raiders-jason-campbell

MahiMike
10-18-2011, 10:54 AM
It took a gun to his head? That's pretty dumb. He waited until some idiot was willing to vastly overpay.

If Miami had made the same offer, he woulda said no. He only did it because of his relationship with folks on the Raiders. Course, I still believe Mike Brown is like Clark Hunt; they don't really want to win. Just make money. They both can play that game until 2013.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Don't expect to get the keys back to ArrowThroughMyHead stadium anytime soon.

https://www.seattleu.edu/uploadedImages/PublicSafety/Services/keys.jpg

Dayze
10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
what's going to suck is when Palmer throws for 275 and 2TDs against the Chiefs this weekend.

Career Day defense has been paged.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I am not sure who is dumber, the Faiders for making the deal, or the Bengals for actually considering not doing it....Mike Brown should have movers at Palmers house today to get him out of town for 2 No. 1's LOL

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM

They are closer than you want to admit.

Carson Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl in the last five years, other than as an injury replacement after the 2009 season. Of course..... he wasn't able to play because of his own injury.

Hey, he is still 'better' than Cassel. Congrats. The Chiefs traded a second for a younger still ascending player that is not quite as good as the older declining player that you just gave a second round.... oh, and a first round pick for. Not to mention the fact that we got Vrabel, who was pretty instrumental in the installation of the offense.

Oh, AND, during the middle of a season, after months of Palmer sitting around......

Great move.

-King-
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
If Miami had made the same offer, he woulda said no. He only did it because of his relationship with folks on the Raiders. Course, I still believe Mike Brown is like Clark Hunt; they don't really want to win. Just make money. They both can play that game until 2013.

Clark doesn't want to win. ...Probably why the chiefs have the most expensive front office in the league huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
10-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Wait....

...so have the Raiders used 3 of their 2012 picks on 3 QBs?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Sure..... and I want to be rich. I am going to go pay two dollars for a lottery ticket to LAST weeks drawing.

About the same logic.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
They are closer than you want to admit.

Carson Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl in the last five years, other than as an injury replacement after the 2009 season. Of course..... he wasn't able to play because of his own injury.

Hey, he is still 'better' than Cassel. Congrats. The Chiefs traded a second for a younger still ascending player that is not quite as good as the older declining player that you just gave a second round.... oh, and a first round pick for. Not to mention the fact that we got Vrabel, who was pretty instrumental in the installation of the offense.

Oh, AND, during the middle of a season, after months of Palmer sitting around......

Great move.

Raiders have 7.5 million + I guaranteed 1st rounder and a conditional ... If Palmer comes in here and lights it up then who cares about the picks. Raiders have 13 former first round picks on this team, they will be fine. The only way the Raiders lose in this deal is if Palmer just flat out sucks. Hell it would have cost 5 million to pay Orton for the rest of the year.....

p.s. you guys have 60+ million invested in that pocket sloth of a qb you have.

jjchieffan
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
ALAMEDA, Calif. — The final year of Nnamdi Asomugha's record contract with the Oakland Raiders is no longer in force because the cornerback didn't reach certain incentives.

Raiders senior executive John Herrera confirmed Sunday that the contract was voided, making Asomugha a free agent. ESPN first reported the development.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-01-09/nnamdi-asomughas-record-contract-with-raiders-voided#ixzz1b9Zy62LX

That sounds to me like the contract was terminated by the Faiders. Don't see how they would get compensatory pick on a player whose contract they voided.

tk13
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
What a hideous trade. Anything short of a Super Bowl is a massive failure now. Not to mention Cassel was legitimately better than Palmer last year. Unless they still have some Rich Gannon miracle potion left in the training room they still might have the 4th best QB in the division.
Posted via Mobile Device

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Sure..... and I want to be rich. I am going to go pay two dollars for a lottery ticket to LAST weeks drawing.

About the same logic.

7.5 million dollars and two potential first round picks that could cost you 100 million on top of that if the Raiders finish close to the top in standings, those picks are not like a pick that would be coming from the Chiefs or Donkeys

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 11:02 AM
What a hideous trade. Anything short of a Super Bowl is a massive failure now. Not to mention Cassel was legitimately better than Palmer last year. Unless they still have some Rich Gannon miracle potion left in the training room they still might have the 4th best QB in the division.
Posted via Mobile Device

You think tebow and cassell are better than palmer? :LOL:

DBOSHO
10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
2 4th round picks for carson palmer would be outrageous.

This is comical. LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
You think tebow and cassell are better than palmer? :LOL:

Have the Raiders used 3 of their 2012 pics on QBs?

durtyrute

I see your point, but he is better than Boller and kinda knows the offense.

3rd&48ers
10-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Updating a previous report, the Oakland Raiders will give up another first-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to the Cincinnati Bengals if they win a playoff games this season as compensation for QB Carson Palmer. If the Raiders don't win a playoff game, the Bengals will receive a second-round pick in 2013. Palmer was willing to restructure his contract, which would pay him $6.9 million for the balance of the year.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=747858-raiders-more-on-carson-palmer-trade#ixzz1b9bIxVsM

kstater
10-18-2011, 11:04 AM
That 2nd rounder for Cassel and Vrabel was terrible value I tell you.

Okie_Apparition
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
The future draft picks don't matter so much because their cap is wrecked

suzzer99
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I was really hoping it would be Cassel :(