PDA

View Full Version : Money Any financial gurus, who could help me interpret a companies financial records

thecoffeeguy
10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
So basically, considering a job with a company.
On paper and the conversations I have had, the opportunity looks great. However, I am a complete n00b when it comes to reading a companies SEC filings/financial records.

Anyone I could bounce some questions off of, tell me their thoughts about the company and if they are financially stable and on the rise? I have a family of four to take care of, so I am working to be very thorough before I pull the trigger.

I appreciate it.

TCG

DaKCMan AP
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Well, I'm currently sitting in a MBA 'Measuring and Managing Value' finance course... AND I'm staying at a Holiday Inn, so combined that's close to expert status.

Buehler445
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm good for it. PM me.

RockChalk
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Same here. Shoot 'em over in a PM if you want me to take a look.

I can't compete with Mr. Awesome Sauce though

vailpass
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, I'm currently sitting in a MBA 'Measuring and Managing Value' finance course... AND I'm staying at a Holiday Inn, so combined that's close to expert status.

Not to mention you wear the star of David.
Coffee, you are in good hands you godamned goi.

Hog Farmer
10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I have an MBA also but you might not find my advise helpful !

stlchiefs
10-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I have an MBA also but you might not find my advise helpful !

MasterBastionAssociation?

Swanman
10-19-2011, 08:18 AM
An accountant/ex-auditor with the firm that went bye-bye with Enron and current CFA, so feel free to PM me.

RockChalk
10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
An accountant/ex-auditor with the firm that went bye-bye with Enron and current CFA, so feel free to PM me.

You'll enjoy the going concern note in their 2010 audit then.

Amnorix
10-19-2011, 10:40 AM

Ouch. The big one...

I represented a public company that was dancing along the going concern line for a bit. That wasn't fun for them, though it didn't have whole lot to do with me so much.

Swanman
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM

I was out about eight months before the hammer came down.

I actually had a client where we had to do a boatload of going concern work because they flat out weren't going to make it, so we would have most likely given them a going concern opinion. But at the last minute the company was sold.