PDA

View Full Version : Computers SSD 120GB for $169 FS (after $30 rebate)

Mr. Laz
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force GT Series Solid State Drive
120GB, 2.5", SATA III, 6Gbps

Item Number: C13-8122
Model: CSSD-F120GBGT-BK
Shipping: Online Only
Price: $199.99
Less Rebate: -$30.00

Final Price: $169.99*
Ends 10/22/2011
See Terms & Conditions.
Restrictions Apply. NOTICE: Limit (1) ONE rebate per person, billing address, company, or household

ADD EXTRA PROTECTION
with a Top-Rated SquareTrade Warranty Learn More
SquareTrade 2-Year Electronics Warranty $18.98
SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty $29.98

Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force GT Series Solid State Drive
You probably already know that solid-state drives are fast. With up to 85,000 IOPS and read speeds of up to 555Mb/s, the Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force GT Series Solid State Drive is on another level. Whether you're building the ultimate gaming PC, a monster of a video or photo editing workstation, or you simply crave serious solid state storage performance, the Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force GT Series Solid State Drive is the SSD you want. Purchase the Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force GT Series Solid State Drive today!

120GB SATA III

Specifications
Corsair 120GB Force GT Series SATA III SSD
Drive Type: Solid State Drive
Capacity: 120 GB
Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
Interface Type: SATA III
Write Speed: 515 MB/s
Read Speed: 555 MB/s
Form Factor: 2.5"
MTBF: 2,000,000 hrs.
Temperature, Operating (C): 0 to 70
Temperature, Nonoperating (C): -20 to 85

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=744446&SRCCODE=LSCMPUSA&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=SyIrj13jmG8-b9y3o91.rLtMEjAUYEqOBA

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a great deal.

For those of you with SSD, do you also have a disk HD? I was thinking to use an SSD drive for a new build I want to do along with a much larger HD for storage. Keep the OS and program files on the SSD, and then use the other HD for things like pictures and anything that takes up a large amount of space and isn't really needed for faster accessing.

loochy
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I have this SSD and I like it. It's fast.

Yes, I put my Win7 install and my programs on the SSD.

I use a large 2 TB HD for SSD backup, MP3s, movies, pictures, and other large files.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
yep, got a 120gig SSD for my OS and a 2TB platter drive for storage.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 03:49 PM
I am itching to do it. I want to make one rig that is only touched by me. And then I want to refurb another one we have, and have something setup where everytime someone in my family does something to mess it up, some crap program, spyware, etc. etc. etc. etc, I can just refresh the whole damn thing back to a last known good in a the matter of a few minutes of headache free attention. Then they can have a blast with their popups, toolbars, 70% CPU usage IE tabs and I can just use something that works the way I intend it to.

loochy
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
I am itching to do it. I want to make one rig that is only touched by me. And then I want to refurb another one we have, and have something setup where everytime someone in my family does something to mess it up, some crap program, spyware, etc. etc. etc. etc, I can just refresh the whole damn thing back to a last known good in a the matter of a few minutes of headache free attention. Then they can have a blast with their popups, toolbars, 70% CPU usage IE tabs and I can just use something that works the way I intend it to.

The SSD is nice. Most programs load instantly. Hell, even BF3 pops right up. It's amazing how much your hard drive bottlenecks your system.