PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Mystery Science Theatre 3000...

Rausch
10-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Thanks to different blogs, Netflix, and other sites I've been able to watch old episodes and gained a greater appreciation for the series.

I've found it to be the perfect wind-down-before-bed show. Helps me relax and forget about the day and there's no worrying over if I missed something when I fell asleep.

Shame there isn't an updated version for today's lame flicks...

Mr Luzcious
10-19-2011, 06:59 AM
http://www.rifftrax.com/ - An updated version for today's lame flicks.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Cinematic Titanic - more MST3K like, has Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, J. Elvis - they do older, low budget films, and live performances (I went to one in St Louis last year)

Rifftrax - Mike, Kevin and Bill - they do newer films that you download an audio track for and sync up with a DVD. They also do live performances that are streamed to theaters. They also do full length films that you can buy, and shorts.

:)

Saulbadguy
10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
My favorite episodes -

Mitchell
The Final Sacrifice
Hobgoblins
Space Mutiny
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
Touch of Satan
Merlins Shop of Mystical Wonders
Pod People
"The Movie"

Rausch
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Cinematic Titanic - more MST3K like, has Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, J. Elvis - they do older, low budget films, and live performances (I went to one in St Louis last year)
:)

That would kick all kinds of ass.

They come around again (KC, STL, or really anywhere in MO) bump this...

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
That would kick all kinds of ass.

They come around again (KC, STL, or really anywhere in MO) bump this...Yes it would. LOVE MST3K.

SNR
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Normaal viiieew.... noooormaaaall vieeeeew.... NOOORRRMAAAL VIEW... NOOOORMAAAAL VIIIIIEEEEEEEWWWWW

SnakeXJones
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
My favorite episodes -

Mitchell
The Final Sacrifice
Hobgoblins
Space Mutiny
Touch of Satan
Pod People
"The Movie"

How can you forget about Clonus Horror? They seriously just eat that movie alive riff after riff

Otter
10-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Devil Doll

ROFL

Bob Dole
10-19-2011, 11:37 AM
My favorite episodes -

Mitchell
The Final Sacrifice
Hobgoblins
Space Mutiny
Touch of Satan
Pod People
"The Movie"

Bob Dole liked Boggy Creek II, but mostly because it was filmed around here and has a bunch of locals in it.

gblowfish
10-19-2011, 11:43 AM
There may be some CPers who don't know what MST3K is.
It is, in short, one of the funniest freakin' TV shows EVAH.
If you've never seen it, you have not lived a full life.

Here's their treatment on a short hygiene film from the 1950s:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QRB3xDg5pnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198713

PunkinDrublic
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Not only was this show funny as hell but it had the best theme song ever.

PunkinDrublic
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
In the not-too-distant future --
Next Sunday A.D. --
There was a guy named Joel,
Not too different from you or me.
He worked at Gizmonic Institute,
Just another face in a red jumpsuit.
He did a good job cleaning up the place,
But his bosses didn't like him
So they shot him into space.

We'll send him cheesy movies,
The worst we can find (la-la-la).
He'll have to sit and watch them all,
And we'll monitor his mind (la-la-la).
Now keep in mind Joel can't control
Where the movies begin or end (la-la-la)
Because he used those special parts
To make his robot friends.

Robot Roll Call: (All right, let's go!)
Cambot! (Pan left!)
Gypsy! (Hi, girl!)
Tom Servo! (What a cool guy!)
Croooow! (He's a wisecracker.)

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
and other science facts (la la la),
Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
I should really just relax
For Mystery Science Theater 3000!"

SnakeXJones
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Watching the episode Warrior of the Lost World first I ever seen this episode good riffing

big nasty kcnut
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
What you forgot mr. b natural aka god punishment for the 1960s

WildTurkey
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Watching the episode Warrior of the Lost World first I ever seen this episode good riffing

Mega Weapon rules all in that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAX
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM

Great movie.

You know, there's a famous myth associated with that film that many believe to be true, Mr. SnakeXJones.

Apparently, the producers bought the director (Worth) a plane ticket to Italy so he could make the film but they didn't provide him with a script or a book or a writer or anything. They just handed him a film poster and told him to make a movie to match.

ROFL

FAX

CoMoChief
03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
back when Limewire was safe to use.....I downloaded a bunch of their soundtracks and put them on a CD....you could play them on your stereo to a bunch of popular movies.

FAX
03-08-2012, 11:28 PM
back when Limewire was safe to use.....I downloaded a bunch of their soundtracks and put them on a CD....you could play them on your stereo to a bunch of popular movies.

Do you mean dialogue from the show?

If so, I would never have thought of that, but it would have been great. MST is one of my favorite shows of all times.

FAX

CoMoChief
03-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Do you mean dialogue from the show?

If so, I would never have thought of that, but it would have been great. MST is one of my favorite shows of all times.

FAX

yes the dialogue.

WhiteWhale
03-09-2012, 01:16 AM
I absolutely love MST3K

I think my favorite was 'space mutiny'.

Hobgoblins is also really memorable.

WhiteWhale
03-09-2012, 01:18 AM
How can you forget about Clonus Horror? They seriously just eat that movie alive riff after riff

Haha, Clonus Horror.

I love it, because the movie 'The Island" (Michael Bay) is a basically a remake of that film. Except without the uncontrollable sexiness of Scarlett.

FAX
03-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Hmmm. How could I have missed Clonus Horror? Holy crap. I am falling behind in out-dated popular culture.

I love those kinds of movies, man. They are the best.

One time, there was this one movie I saw once that didn't try to strike the B Movie, Drive-In bulls-eye, but did it anyhow and a lot of people didn't see it. I loved it, though. It was a Korean movie about this older guy who ran some kind of snack bar/quick lunch kiosk kind of deal down by the river when, all of a sudden, a couple of scientists or whatever poured a bunch of formaldehyde into the river and created this bizarre monster that learned how to walk on land and attacked everybody and kidnapped this kiosk guy's granddaughter and so the kiosk guy and his family declared war on the monster in order to get the little girl back. That movie had everything. It had formaldehyde, monsters, snack bars, a doofus, a hot archer chick, human remains, and explosives. I sometimes wonder to myself how I would react if a formaldehyde monster were to attack my loved ones and, I have to admit, I'd like to think I would be as brave and honorable as that snack bar kiosk guy was.

FAX

SnakeXJones
03-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Hmmm. How could I have missed Clonus Horror? Holy crap. I am falling behind in out-dated popular culture.

FAX

I love that episode probably tied with Time Chasers as my favs.

claudmac
03-09-2012, 04:30 AM
glad for see you here man :)

Ultra Peanut
03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
My two favorite shorts:

x1BqSH4P5O8

t2Hym_r409g

p.s. http://deep13.us/synth (stream that runs more or less 24/7, and has for ~4+ years now)

Demonpenz
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
their riffs are good, but sometimes they miss the obvious (this is good and bad) there are obvious sexual riffs they mis, but they nail some "nerdy' "easter egg" riffs. Overall I would love Fax, Me, and Rainman to do one.

gblowfish
03-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Are You Ready for Marriage?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ukJp87bRQGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX
03-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Are You Ready for Marriage?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ukJp87bRQGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

"Larry, you're a dullard."

That is awesome.

You chose well, Mr. gblowfish.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
03-10-2012, 12:26 AM
MST3K - 304 - Gamera vs. Barugon

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lS2ju2CcZlo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lS2ju2CcZlo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

one of my faves...

SnakeXJones
03-10-2012, 12:49 AM
I am not a big Joel fan at times but that is a good one

KILLER_CLOWN
03-10-2012, 12:56 AM
I am not a big Joel fan at times but that is a good one

@ 36:40 or so... "Hey It's Jake and Elwood" ROFL

I like the gamera/godzilla movies when i was a kid so mst3k makes them bearable as an adult.

FAX
03-10-2012, 01:00 AM
My two favorite shorts:

x1BqSH4P5O8

t2Hym_r409g

p.s. http://deep13.us/synth (stream that runs more or less 24/7, and has for ~4+ years now)

ROFL

"I love Coiley."

What a great, great show.

FAX

SnakeXJones
03-10-2012, 01:04 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/19Ez-g-PK60" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I think The Money Talks short is pretty underrated it's One of my fav shorts

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
I think the reason I prefer Joel (which is in no way saying that I don't adore Mike!) is <strike>because I'm a pothead</strike> because of his soothing demeanor and the affectionate attitude he takes towards the movies. Mike is kind of his polar opposite, being a goofy midwestern dude who's more outwardly angry at what he's watching, but they both work really well. I also love both Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax despite their differences (but again, I kind of prefer CT a little more because weird 70s movies own and also TRACE).

Speaking of Cinematic Titanic, Josh Weinstein (OG Servo) is a fucking baller riffer these days.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Today's theme: DECADE HUMOR

y--K49c290s

BE9fN79Q0-Y

Ultra Peanut
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
j55TFtUR3Zk

vdE0f5Hj7xw

SnakeXJones
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
I think the reason I prefer Joel (which is in no way saying that I don't adore Mike!) is <strike>because I'm a pothead</strike> because of his soothing demeanor and the affectionate attitude he takes towards the movies. Mike is kind of his polar opposite, being a goofy midwestern dude who's more outwardly angry at what he's watching, but they both work really well. I also love both Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax despite their differences (but again, I kind of prefer CT a little more because weird 70s movies own and also TRACE).

Speaking of Cinematic Titanic, Josh Weinstein (OG Servo) is a ****ing baller riffer these days.I am a bigger fan of Mike by far

Ultra Peanut
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Mike is fine, also!

56NRz0u2ieU

His Torgo walk is second to... one. (RIP)

__0C1lxp1Q4

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
fVnaheWzquE