PDA

View Full Version : Football Rex Ryan takes a shot at Norv

tk13
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7124599/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-clarifies-quote-san-diego-chargers-norv-turner-fires-back

Ryan, who interviewed for the Chargers' head coaching position in 2007, was asked how he might have fared if he had been hired instead of Turner.

"Well, I think I would have had a couple of rings," Ryan said with a laugh. "I'm telling you, those teams were loaded. There's no question about it. But things happen for a reason. Obviously, Norv Turner has done a great job there, and A.J. (Smith) and everybody. That's a great franchise, and he's probably the best guy for the job at that time."

Ryan evidently realized his comments could be taken as a slight toward Turner, so he called his counterpart to clarify his remarks, according to a Jets spokesman.

Turner, addressing the situation later Wednesday, fired back at Ryan after confirming that the Jets coach had called.

"I hadn't seen his quote and I was a little bit surprised by the call, and after I saw the quote I didn't have the chance to ask him this, but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years," Turner told reporters in San Diego, taking a blatant shot at Ryan's endless stream of bold predictions.

Ryan predicted a Super Bowl for the Jets as soon as he was hired in 2009, but they haven't made it, losing in the AFC Championship Game for two straight seasons.

Ironically, Ryan's back-and-forth with Turner came four days after he chided two of his own players, wide receiver Santonio Holmes and guard Brandon Moore, for sniping at each other in the media.

Rain Man
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Norv should've commented that Rex couldn't win a ring in a warm-weather city because his wife would be barefoot all the time.

Chiefspants
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM
"but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years,"

ROFL

kysirsoze
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Rex is probably right.

Okie_Apparition
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
So the buffoon just called his team less talented than the Chargers. That should fly well in the locker room, draft room & front office

MoreLemonPledge
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Rex is probably right.

So is crater face.

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Norv should have made a foot joke...

wazu
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Go Norv, talking trash against a guy that has taken his team to the AFC Championship the last two years, including the first one with a rookie QB.

RippedmyFlesh
10-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Go Norv, talking trash against a guy that has taken his team to the AFC Championship the last two years, including the first one with a rookie QB.

Exactly
SD should have had a couple of rings with their talent level over the years.
People will say Rivers will always give them a chance but I think
Norv isn't the level of coach as Rivers is a qb.
Norv is SD's Marty.

Bane
10-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Norv should've commented that Rex couldn't win a ring in a warm-weather city because his wife would be barefoot all the time.

ROFL

kcxiv
10-19-2011, 11:26 PM
So the buffoon just called his team less talented than the Chargers. That should fly well in the locker room, draft room & front office

Chargers imo have been more talented then most teams for years now. Its amazing they havent won a superbowl. Offense and Defense and they got NOTHING out of that.

lcarus
10-19-2011, 11:35 PM
If Norv Turner was a Batman villain, his name would be One-Face

Gadzooks
10-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Exactly
Norv is SD's Marty.

SD already had a Marty.
Norf is the answer, he's the cure, he's the saviour, he's the reason,
HE"S the FUCKIN' MAN!!!!11!!!1!!
http://sandiegochargersnfltickets.com/images/news/NorvTurner.gif

BoltWalt
10-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Exactly
Norv is SD's Marty.

What makes it worse is he was brought in to replace Marty.

I thank Saxman of GlorifyThePast for the following attachment:

Gadzooks
10-20-2011, 12:01 AM
What makes it worse is he was brought in to replace Marty.

I thank Saxman of GlorifyThePast for the following attachment:

You shut your god damned mouth.

Norf IS the answer.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oKe2le6CvKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBOSHO
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM

Holy shit this is gold.

Buck
10-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Rex Ryan just went full retard.

ForeverChiefs58
10-20-2011, 05:14 AM

Some of your come backs are so good they seem professional. This would have been the best come back line of all time had he said it. The ooo's and ahhhh's would have been heard from coast to coast.

BoneKrusher
10-20-2011, 05:57 AM
"but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years,"

ROFL

ROFL:thumb:

-King-
10-20-2011, 07:02 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

Chiefnj2
10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Rex's team isn't playing well right now. If they played anybody else Monday night, they would have lost.

Rex is turning the discussion and heat away from his players, onto himself. Simple.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-20-2011, 07:21 AM
If Rex had Phillip Rivers instead of Sanchez, he would have two rings.

Bwana
10-20-2011, 07:32 AM
From the looks of Norv, several people have "taken a shot at him."

http://image.become.com/imageserver/s3/1011872433-150-150-5-32/remington-870-shotgun-20-gauge-26-barrel.jpg

TEX
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Rex's team isn't playing well right now. If they played anybody else Monday night, they would have lost.

Rex is turning the discussion and heat away from his players, onto himself. Simple.

This. His team had a lot going on internally. It is affectinmg its play on the field.

Lzen
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Norv Chokenturner?

jspchief
10-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Ryan has a few more years before he can reach the level of failure of Turner.

lcarus
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Holy shit this is gold.

I made the same joke a while back about Gregg Popovich to some dumb Spurs fans. They didn't find it that funny.

DTLB58
10-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Maybe and in essence this is what he said. Wonder how that makes Sanchize feel? :LOL:

DTLB58
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM

The main subject matter wasn't wins and losses but Super Bowls.

whoman69
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm sure Norv will find new ways to underachieve in the future while Ryan again comes up just short.

Chief Roundup
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Yeah now that the defense isn't as good as it was in the past couple of years and their running game is not dominate Sanchez can't get it done. Sanchez has looked horrible again this year.