PDA

View Full Version : Being Burned by Washington Running Backs

rico
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Is anyone else constantly being let down by Washington running backs? I had first selection in a 12 team draft and chose Jamaal Charles. We all know what happened there. Since then, I have been scrambling to find productive running backs. Throughout this scramble, I picked up Roy Helu and Ryan Torain.... both recommended by Yahoo. I dropped Helu and currently have Torain. It seems like every time I have started one of these guys, they haven't produced and every time I bench one, they go crazy. Is anyone else being burned by Washington running backs?

This week I am starting Willis Mcgahee, Mark Ingram and Jackie Battle in the w/r. Mcgahee has been very consistent and will probably continue to be due to Denver being speculated to run the ball more with Tebow under center. Ingram has been up and down and I am hoping that Battle can produce for the sake of my fantasy football team and for the Chiefs.

Shaid
10-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I just don't like Ingram because NO throws the ball so much. I have Torain too but it's really hard to trust him. I'd probably stay how you are for this week.

BTW, I also had Charles, really sucks to lose him.

Sofa King
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Losing Charles fucked my team.

CanadianChief
10-20-2011, 09:19 AM
I generally stay away from RBs who are on Shana-rat lead teams.

FD
10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
I do think the QB change will hurt McGahee. Tebow loves to call his own number at the goal line, so McGahee's chances for TD's are going way down.

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I'd start Torain over Ingram for sure, and over Battle to (but that one is closer)

rico
10-20-2011, 10:44 PM
To be honest, I'm real mixed about Ingram. He never picks up high yardage, even if he has a lot of carries, but he will always sneak a touchdown in there. For example, one week he carried the ball something like 11 times for 33 yards, but had a 12 yard touchdown, which made his stats kind of "mehh, just good enough to start now that I am still feeling the after-effects of losing Charles." I just can't get it right with these Washington running backs. Every week I end up regretting my move with them. I guess I have to break the cycle eventually. I have Victor Cruz now and I am thinking that he may end up being the same way.

rico
10-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I do think the QB change will hurt McGahee. Tebow loves to call his own number at the goal line, so McGahee's chances for TD's are going way down.

That's true. I have Tebow as a QB as well... (guhh, it sucks rooting for a Donk, but it's easier when they are pretty much irrelevant for the time being). I am thinking I could just be conservative and start Tebow AND Mcgahee with hopes that if one doesn't produce the FF points, the other will.....opposed to taking a chance by starting starting two other QB/RB combos from my roster and basically crossing my fingers that they both produce and hope to $hit that they don't both crap their pants. Is that a "ok" idea, or kind of stupid?

Short Leash Hootie
10-21-2011, 04:16 AM
it's not like McGahee has scored many TD's as is...if anything, Tebow helps McGahee because the ends have to keep containment.

rico
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
it's not like McGahee has scored many TD's as is...if anything, Tebow helps McGahee because the ends have to keep containment.

I was planning on dropping Torain as soon as I could until reading that Hightower is rumored to have torn his ACL. Now I have no idea what to do with the guy. My RB's are Mcgahee (who may have broken his hand yesterday), Mark Ingram (who limped off the field yesterday), Torain, Battle and Montario Hardesty. It is fair to say that I have been frustrated with the RB situation since choosing Jamaal 1st overall in a 12 team draft.

Meat Dragon: I bet Shan and Torain ticked you off as much as they did me yesterday.... -.5 FF points? WTF!!!

And somehow, I managed to win this week.... In our 12 team league, I have the least amount of total points, but will be 5-2 after this week and in 2nd place overall. I keep catching better teams in bad weeks. I have the least amount of points scored for AND against, LOL!

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Thats awesome! A win is a win :)

Pawnmower
10-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I was planning on dropping Torain as soon as I could until reading that Hightower is rumored to have torn his ACL. LOL!

Same here, i need torain to do something

Dicky McElephant
10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Losing Charles fucked my team.

This.

rico
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
UGH RYAN TORAIN!!!!!!!! I am having some SERIOUS RB issues every....single....week.

thurman merman
10-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes, Ryan Torain hates me.

Short Leash Hootie
10-31-2011, 01:24 AM
yeah the Skins are just horrid...time for me to jump ship

Dicky McElephant
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
The Redskins just signed Tashard Choice.

It's about to get even worse.

rico
10-31-2011, 06:37 PM
The Redskins just signed Tashard Choice.

It's about to get even worse.

Jeeminy Christmas.

rico
10-31-2011, 11:57 PM
If you are thinking about dropping Torain, I am thinking Curtis Brinkley and Javon Ringer may be good replacements. I just dropped him for Brinkley...picked up Ringer yesterday. Although I hate the Bolts, Brinkley did impress me and struck me as a dude who can rack up some serious FF points.

rico
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Nevermind Brinkley.... he evidently suffered a concussion last night. San Diego's RB situation is going to be a mess this weekend. :)