PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Raiders still having trouble selling out games

Count Alex's Losses
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
LMAO.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/20/raiders-have-work-to-do-to-extend-sellout-streak/

Raiders have work to do to extend sellout streak

Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT

AP
The Raiders have sold out all three of their 2011 home games. But even with Carson Palmer joining the team this week, the Raiders need some more time to sell all non-premium tickets for Sundayís game against the Chiefs.

Per a league source, the Raiders have requested and received a 24-hour extension of the 72-hour deadline for selling enough tickets to lift the local blackout. The number of unsold non-premium tickets is in the range of 2,000 to 3,000.

Itís believed that the Raiders will be giving Palmer the start in his first game with the team, which should help get the rest of those tickets sold by Friday afternoon.

bwisnasky
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
funny how they are having trouble selling out a home game against a division rival... oh yeah.. it is against the Matt Cassell led abortion of the Chiefs....

MahiMike
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
To be fair, they're playing the Chiefs...

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2011, 03:50 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0153909c7c54970b-800wi
http://www.minkler-photo-gallery.com/images/Los-Angeles-skyline-with-smog.jpg

Chocolate Hog
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Rep.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
How many times are we going to have this discussion? Teams all around the league are having problems selling tickets for a myriad Of reasons.

FringeNC
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
California must no longer have a prison furlough program.

Ugly Duck
10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Aw c'mon.... Raiders average 900 empty seats. Chiefs average 6,000 empty seats. Difference is KC has sugardaddys that pay to avoid Chiefs blackouts, Raiders have to do it on their own. Even with that disadvantage compared to KC, Oakland has avoided blackouts in every home so far game this year. They'll avoid this one too.

Fruit Ninja
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
except the Raiders have ALWAYs had issues selling out that small ass stadium!

-King-
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Damn. That looks amazing.

Fruit Ninja
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Aw c'mon.... Raiders average 900 empty seats. Chiefs average 6,000 empty seats. Difference is KC has sugardaddys that pay to avoid Chiefs blackouts, Raiders have to do it on their own. Even with that disadvantage compared to KC, Oakland has avoided blackouts in every home so far game this year. They'll avoid this one too.

you forgot to add the compacity. 55,000 compared to almost 80,000 is a huge difference, not to mention the bay area has a way bigger population along with sac and the whole central valley, selling out should not be an issue for a winning team. At least it shouldnt be.

notorious
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
If the Raiders managed to rid themselves of the thuggish, prison-type image they would probably start bringing in a lot more fans to the game.

No way LA touches the Raiders. They want a celebrity and elite-type image similar to the Lakers.

Fruit Ninja
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
If the Raiders managed to rid themselves of the thuggish, prison-type image they would probably start bringing in a lot more fans to the game.

No way LA touches the Raiders. They want a celebrity and elite-type image similar to the Lakers.

lol, YOu ever been to California? good luck with that.

notorious
10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
lol, YOu ever been to California? good luck with that.

Just San Diego, and from talking to my friend from Carson, it's not the same as the rest of California.

HemiEd
10-20-2011, 04:10 PM
How many times are we going to have this discussion? Teams all around the league are having problems selling tickets for a myriad Of reasons.

The difference is the Raiders have ALWAYS had trouble selling out.

But since this is only 2 to 3 k, maybe the California State Prison system can buy them up and give them out for good behavior?

Fruit Ninja
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Just San Diego, and from talking to my friend from Carson, it's not the same as the rest of California.

I used to hang out in Carson when i was younger, my Grandmother lived there, i chilled in the hood there though.

San Diego has hood, but yeah, its pretty cool out there.

HemiEd
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM

You are comparing that little old black hole to Arrowhead? Seriously? You got better than that. Arrowhead is the 4th largest in the NFL. There is about 14k difference in capacity and the population difference is the other direction.

Ugly Duck
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
you forgot to add the compacity. 55,000 compared to almost 80,000

Capacity of the Oakland Coliseum is 63,122.
Capacity of Arrowhead is 79,451.

Raiders average 1.4% attendance shortfall.
Chiefs average 7.5% attendance shortfall.

Oakland Coliseum is usually "fuller" than Arrowhead, but doesn't have the buy-out mechanisms in place to avoid being blacked out like KC does. Maybe that will change now that Al is gone. Dunno.

I may be a Raiderfan, but I can "do" simple math. Used to be able to multiply two 3-digit numbers in my head easily. Still can, but now I struggle & it hurts...

notorious
10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I used to hang out in Carson when i was younger, my Grandmother lived there, i chilled in the hood there though.

San Diego has hood, but yeah, its pretty cool out there.

Imagine a kid from Carson and a kid from SW Kansas becoming best friends at college.

We definately educated each other about "Different Strokes".

Reerun_KC
10-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Its GoFraud, he is just trying to act cool.

Fruit Ninja
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Oakland Coliseum is usually "fuller" than Arrowhead, but doesn't have the buy-out mechanisms in place to avoid being blacked out like KC does. Maybe that will change now that Al is gone. Dunno.

I may be a Raiderfan, but I can "do" simple math. Used to be able to multiply two 3-digit numbers in my head easily. Still can, but now I struggle & it hurts...
Well, i do know if the Chiefs win, they will sell out or damn near close to it. I always hear year in and year out the Raiders being blacked out and no one really gives a crap.

Still though, KC is in a much much smaller market and has a much much bigger stadium. Tho, being ass the last handful of years has hurt. lol Not to mention the Chiefs have sold out how many damn games for how many years up until Herm killed the franchise.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Imagine a kid from Carson and a kid from SW Kansas becoming best friends at college.

We definately educated each other about "Different Strokes".

yeah that didnt sound gay at all...

notorious
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
yeah that didnt sound gay at all...

Jealous?

LMAO

I couldn't find a good way to explain that we were of the dominate race from our areas.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Jealous?

:harumph:

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM

Raiders in LA means huge bucks actually. They would jump from the bottom of the league in worth to close to Cowboys territory.

whoman69
10-20-2011, 04:30 PM

I tend to think that will be the future home of the Jags.

whoman69
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Even at 92.5% capacity in Arrowhead, that's still more than a sold out black hole.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Even at 92.5% capacity in Arrowhead, that's still more than a sold out black hole.

Well when the family tree does not fork it's easier to get someone to look after the meth lab while games are being attended.

HemiEd
10-20-2011, 04:51 PM

You need to update your Arrowhead numbers, it is 76,416 since the renovation. How does that change your shortfall numbers?

Pawnmower
10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Aw c'mon.... Raiders average 900 empty seats. Chiefs average 6,000 empty seats.

wait when did you start doing this 'math'?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2011, 06:19 PM
You're 4-2 and you have trouble selling out? I understand you haven't beaten anybody yet but come on.

Okie_Apparition
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I thought they beat Tebow

whoman69
10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
You need to update your Arrowhead numbers, it is 76,416 since the renovation. How does that change your shortfall numbers?

Chiefs attendance 70684
Raiders attendance 62238

kcmaxwell
10-20-2011, 09:31 PM
The difference is the Raiders have ALWAYS had trouble selling out.

But since this is only 2 to 3 k, maybe the California State Prison system can buy them up and give them out for good behavior?

Thought they did?

Bacillus Anthracis
10-20-2011, 09:47 PM
except the Raiders have ALWAYs had issues selling out that small ass stadium!

Damn straight. Even during Gruden's best years and Callahan's first season when we went to the Superbowl, there was always a question of whether that toilet of a stadium was gonna sell out.

And fans from Oakland suck. Face it. I always hear this bullshit about fair weather L.A. fans when in fact the attendance records were better in L.A. than in Oakland.

The current stadium is old, ugly, in a bad part of a bad town, the cheap seats absolutely suck, and it's expensive. The only difference between it and the old L.A. Coliseum is that instead of being in a huge market it's the ugly kid in the basement with San Francisco as its pretty older sister.

I can't wait until they move back to L.A. There's no way that handsome devil Mark Davis is going to be able to turn down nearly a billion dollars. We'll be douchebag corporate owned but at least we won't have to play in a dump with a baseball diamond on it for the first month of the season.

And whoever does buy the team will keep the shitbird element out of the new stadium. Some 2 billion dollars between team and stadium doesn't get spent only to have fans scared away by the likes of scumbags that showed up at the L.A. Coliseum.

GordonGekko
10-21-2011, 03:12 AM

Disadvantage? Last I checked Oakland and the Bay area had like 8 million people in the vicinity, that is 4x the KC population. No excuse to not sell out a dinky 63,000 seat venue.