PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 13 worst owners in sports

Chocolate Hog
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/10/20/13-worst-team-owners-in-the-history-of-pro-sports/

mikeyis4dcats.
10-20-2011, 04:56 PM
so who do you think they replaced Al Davis with?

sedated
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM
not a single mention of how Donald Sterling is a racist and a pretty sick bastard.

Mojo Jojo
10-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Funny thing is Modell sold most of his shares in the Ravens. This guy should do some homework...Art has been out of the loop for a while.

teedubya
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
2 KC based teams in the top 6. lol. And Carl Peterson wasn't one of them...

Stewie
10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
not a single mention of how Donald Sterling is a racist and a pretty sick bastard.

And apparently about to give birth.

Pants
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM

Carl Peterson isn't an owner, champ.

lewdog
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM

Strong lack of knowledge here.....

DJ's left nut
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM

No kidding.

Donald Sterling is #1 and it's not close. He's one of the few guys on that list that would actually prefer to own his players instead of his team. He's an absolute motherfucker of the highest order.

Bill Wirtz should be #2.

Some of those folks were just unsuccessful owners, not necessarily bad ones. Wrigley made an error in judgment; he didn't refuse to try to win. Ford has put plenty of money into his team - he's just made some bad hires (and trusted the wrong people). And Model was a GREAT owner; just not most civic minded. Modell has had successful teams for most of his tenure; his tenure has just been divided. And really - we're still kicking around crazy Marge Schott? Look - she was a bitch and a lunatic - but her teams won. She was a good owner and a horrible person (as opposed to Sterling, who's being a horrible person has made him a horrible owner).

That list is awful, just awful.

vailpass
10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Carl Peterson isn't an owner, champ.

LMAO

vailpass
10-20-2011, 05:26 PM
No kidding.

Donald Sterling is #1 and it's not close. He's one of the few guys on that list that would actually prefer to own his players instead of his team. He's an absolute mother****er of the highest order.

Thanks Bryant Gumbell.

DJ's left nut
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks Bryant Gumbell.

Donald Sterling is not David Stern.

Gumbell was wrong w/r/t Stern, but Sterling, through his own words and actions, has been proven to be a racist shitheel.

vailpass
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM

Gumbell was wrong w/r/t Stern, but Sterling, through his own words and actions, has been proven to be a racist shitheel.

I'z just funnin'; I found Gumball's comments to be self-serving sensationalism. He's too smart to believe what he said.

TBH I don't know the first thing about Donald Sterling.

SnakeXJones
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Ahhh remembering Billy West as Marge Schott comedy cold

Rain Man
10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
That's a hard list to put together. Is a perennially losing team a sign of a bad owner, or just someone who has bad staff? I guess maybe not replacing bad staff could mean a bad owner, though, which is legitimate. My first thought was meddling owners, but perhaps a negligent owner is even worse.

Al Bundy
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM

HE is the reason the Clippers suck.

Backwards Masking
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
HE is the reason the Clippers suck.

What's worse is he seems pleased as punch by it.

I'm not a big fan of this list, but I am glad to see Glass listed so high. Dude has screwed Major League Baseball up for this city for 18 years now, it's awonder Kauffman ever got renevated at all with him at the helm.

SPchief
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/10/20/13-worst-team-owners-in-the-history-of-pro-sports/

Billay, head over to the raider troll thread

whoman69
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
so who do you think they replaced Al Davis with?

Surprisingly Al is not there, I guess the winning in the first 25 years of his presiding over the organization keeps him off the list.

The fact that Charles Commisky is in the HOF is a sham. I would have to put Sterling #1 on the list. His teams are consitently bad. I would add Bill Bidwill to the list. He's been owner of the football Cardinals since his father passed in 1960 and has won about 35% of games since. He moved the club more often than an army brat.

whoman69
10-20-2011, 06:45 PM
BTW, there is an error in the article. The Cardinals have had a minor league system since the 20s.

MahiMike
10-20-2011, 07:17 PM
There's a lot of owners out there that are glad they aren't on this list. I'm guessing about 1/3 the NFL owners are just worried about making a profit. Over half of baseball owners just because it's easier to do so. I go back and forth on Clark Hunt. If he stays below the league max prior to 2013, that'll tell you where he stands.

Aries Walker
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm genuinely surprised in the lack of Daniel Snyder.

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2011, 07:24 PM
That picture of Glass makes me angry enough to punch babies. Sad to think that all these year supporting the team has meant lining the pockets of a wealthy old farts investment.

Psyko Tek
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Surprisingly Al is not there, I guess the winning in the first 25 years of his presiding over the organization keeps him off the list.

The fact that Charles Commisky is in the HOF is a sham. I would have to put Sterling #1 on the list. His teams are consitently bad. I would add Bill Bidwill to the list. He's been owner of the football Cardinals since his father passed in 1960 and has won about 35% of games since. He moved the club more often than an army brat.

wish e would move them again
I really hate the way they are the only team on down here

whben I lived in CO I got to watch the chiefs almost every week
\

thebrad84
10-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of this list, but I am glad to see Glass listed so high. Dude has screwed Major League Baseball up for this city for 18 years now, it's awonder Kauffman ever got renevated at all with him at the helm.

Only reason it did is because Jackson County played it smart and made it the Truman Sports Complex renovations. Kansas City loves the Chiefs/Arrowhead and will do anything to make sure it continues to thrive, including giving Glass $150mil of free money to improve his perennial shitty product.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Marge Schott was a crazy, racist bitch.

But she also won a World Series and knew how to build a winner.

SnakeXJones
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Marge Schott was a crazy, racist bitch.

But she also won a World Series and knew how to build a winner.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QiqMdu2AZZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
That picture of Glass makes me angry enough to punch babies. Sad to think that all these year supporting the team has meant lining the pockets of a wealthy old farts investment.

I don't think I'd ever seen a photo of him before.

He looks exactly like he should.

GordonGekko
10-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Marge Schott, a hat with a dog on it. Holyhell

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Billay, head over to the raider troll thread

The Palmer one?

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
David Glass is on this list? Shocking...

Saulbadguy
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm genuinely surprised in the lack of Daniel Snyder.

At least he tries.