PDA

View Full Version : Go pick up DeMarco Murray right now

Jim Jones
10-23-2011, 04:51 PM
22 carries, 235 yards and a TD today against the Rams

KevB
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
22 carries, 235 yards and a TD today against the Rams

I can't imagine he's available anywhere, but yeah. Especially in a keeper league. Felix may have just gotten Pipped today.

tredadda
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Screw Murray. He cost me a win this week. The guy I played had garbage this week yet he beat me because of Forte, Murray and the Dallas kicker. They accounted for like 90% of his points.

Cave Johnson
10-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Murray was picked up in most competitive leagues last week. Started him in one, made an ill-advised sit in another.

Felix is garbage and probably takes over Choice's role when healthy.

Short Leash Hootie
10-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Murray was picked up in most competitive leagues last week. Started him in one, made an ill-advised sit in another.

This. Sat him in two, played him in one.

Played Earnest Graham and Maurice Morris over him in the other two :shake:

Cave Johnson
10-24-2011, 11:33 AM
This. Sat him in two, played him in one.

Played Earnest Graham and Maurice Morris over him in the other two :shake:

Those were terrible sits. I played Torain, which was at least defensible given Carolina's run D and Beck taking over.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Those were terrible sits. I played Torain, which was at least defensible given Carolina's run D and Beck taking over.

lol

ok dude

because Choice started, and Earnest Graham ran for 120 yards last week and was playing in London where it has been notoriously hard to throw the ball over the last few years...

but thanks for being our MMQB

Morris ran the ball 9 times for 50 yards, too

I'm sure everyone predicted Murray was going to get all of the carries after Choice started and run for 253 yards!

Jahvid Best is like RB8 overall...and Morris was getting the start and was supposed to be the featured back but you'er saying he was a bad play?

ha ha

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 01:57 PM
before the week I bet 9 out of 10 FFL players who knew what they were doing would have played Graham over Murray considering Graham was coming off of a 120 yard rushing performance (and he's a great pass catcher) and they were playing in London...

Cave Johnson
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
I'll give you Graham but not Morris.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I'll give you Graham but not Morris.

why not Morris?

You don't like Jahvid Best?

Morris was the feature back in a high powered offense at home and he's a good pass catcher, just like Best.

The problem was the Lions flat out sucked...and Morris only got 9 carries (for 50 yards)...

ESPN projected Murray to have 7 points and Morris to have 6 points. I liked them both just about the same...so I played Murray in 1 league and Morris in the other league.

In fact, I had all of those guys around the same...Morris, Murray, Graham and Torain...with Torain as my probably #1 out of the group.

It's FFL...I'm glad I have Murray on 3 teams...glad he got me 1 win.

I went 3-4 yesterday...still 30-19 on the year (7-0, 5-2, 4-3, 4-3, 4-3, 3-4, 3-4) with no team in real bad shape and one of my 4-3 teams on a 4 game winning streak)...

I still think I make the playoffs in all 7 leagues...6 of them being money leagues.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 02:17 PM
7-0 $100
5-2 $100
4-3 (4 game streak with the 2nd best team in the league) $160
4-3 $250
4-3 $25
3-4 $30
3-4 (CP FFL)

so yeah, I think I'm capable of making educated decisions...Morris and Murray were a toss-up. Graham was ranked above both by everyone.

Murray ended up being the #2 back of the day...I'm glad you, Pittsie, predicted that! You must be undefeated in every league!

Cave Johnson
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
7-0 $100
5-2 $100
4-3 (4 game streak with the 2nd best team in the league) $160
4-3 $250
4-3 $25
3-4 $30
3-4 (CP FFL)

so yeah, I think I'm capable of making educated decisions...Morris and Murray were a toss-up. Graham was ranked above both by everyone.

Murray ended up being the #2 back of the day...I'm glad you, Pittsie, predicted that! You must be undefeated in every league!

Not even close. Rivers has singlehandedly tanked my season in 1 league. I'm 5-2 in the other.

SPATCH
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Guys they did it

They saved the Chilean miners

SPATCH
10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Morris over Murray was not a good play. Detroit simply does not run the ball. Also, anyone who was paying attention knew that Choice starting over Murray meant nothing. It was clear that Murray was going to get the work and, DUDE, they were going up against the Rams and Feely.

Bad play. Just regroup bro.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Playing morris over Murray in a ppr is a fine play...best has been a good ppr play all year long

Anything else?

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 03:12 PM
And Murray didn't exactly light up the field when felix went down the week before, either

But by all means keep mmqb'ing!!! I bet you all thought plaxico was worth starting, too!

SPATCH
10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Actually, broseph, I picked up Murray the moment Jones went down (shit is that intense in my league) and I started him Sunday. I also felt fan-****ing-tastic about doing it. I even stopped for a moment to laugh at all the guys in my league scrambling to pick up Morris, Keiland Williams, and Ronnie Brown (before trade was negated). No bullshit.

... and Cowboy RBs are fine PPR guys. You ****ed up. It's cool.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Murray was my #1 pick up, Morris was my #2...

I liked Morris as the safer back this week...

and the only way anyone got Murray in any of MY leagues is if they had a high waiver pick...I play in pay leagues with competitive people who know what they are doing...

So congrats you got Murray and the other people in your league are idiots...

ESPN, a traditional projecting format, had Murray scoring 7 and Morris scoring 6.

I played in a PPR and liked Morris and Detroit to get 4 or 5 catches and 60-70 yards and maybe a TD...I liked Murray about the same but thought Choice would snipe more carries than Keiland Williams.

I ended up being dead wrong, but it still wasn't a bad play...not one bit...

and ESPN backs that up with their projections from last week

but keep playing MMQB...

I'm sure you thought John Beck was going to be a better play than Matthew Stafford, too!

Didn't you??!?!??

Dumbass.

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Actually, broseph, I picked up Murray the moment Jones went down (shit is that intense in my league) and I started him Sunday. I also felt fan-****ing-tastic about doing it. I even stopped for a moment to laugh at all the guys in my league scrambling to pick up Morris, Keiland Williams, and Ronnie Brown (before trade was negated). No bullshit.

and any fucking league that doesn't have locked waivers during the games on Sunday and Monday is a fucking stupid fucking league...

any league that allows you to pick up a guy like Murray as soon as Felix gets hurt (without using a waiver wire process) is a stupid, amateur, n00b league for fantasy fish.

Plain and simple.

So congrats.

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 08:21 AM
It was a bad play. You'll be alright though man. Keep your chin up.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 08:46 AM

I play in a 12 man $160 entry plus $5 add/drops "cuthroat league" and absolutely agree with you,the shit is intense and fun as hell,you snooze you lose.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
and any ****ing league that doesn't have locked waivers during the games on Sunday and Monday is a ****ing stupid ****ing league...

any league that allows you to pick up a guy like Murray as soon as Felix gets hurt (without using a waiver wire process) is a stupid, amateur, n00b league for fantasy fish.

Plain and simple.

So congrats.

:spock:

You never cease to amaze me with some of your dumb focking statements.A league like Spatula and I are in is way more of a challenge.You don't get rewarded for not watching the games and having a team that sucks and thus getting the #1 ww pick.Somebody goes down you jump on the league site and grab their back-up and Que Sera Sera.

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 09:14 AM

You never cease to amaze me with some of your dumb focking statements.A league like Spatula and I are in is way more of a challenge.You don't get rewarded for not watching the games and having a team that sucks and thus getting the #1 ww pick.Somebody goes down you jump on the league site and grab their back-up and Que Sera Sera.

Exactly, and if Jones turned out to be fine then it would have been a waste. It was risk, but when it pays off like this one did it is fun as hell.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
and any ****ing league that doesn't have locked waivers during the games on Sunday and Monday is a ****ing stupid ****ing league...

Plain and simple.

So congrats.

I agree with you. I'm in a league now where the commish is a no-life loser and sits on the computer every minute of his life. He has 99 pickups this year already and the league is just miserable.

You need to have a waiver wire that locks at 1 on Sunday. Bad teams can never get better.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Exactly, and if Jones turned out to be fine then it would have been a waste. It was risk, but when it pays off like this one did it is fun as hell.

Risk? What risk? Was the player dropped that important if Jones was fine?

Pestilence
10-25-2011, 09:22 AM

I'm sorry...but I have to agree with Hootie on this one. That's fucking lame.

All that does is reward people who have all the time in the world to sit on a laptop and plug in waiver wire transactions. That league is perfectly acceptable if you have all 12 people sitting down in the same room watching the games together. You're basically punishing the players that have lives.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 09:24 AM
I agree with you. I'm in a league now where the commish is a no-life loser and sits on the computer every minute of his life. He has 99 pickups this year already and the league is just miserable.

You need to have a waiver wire that locks at 1 on Sunday. Bad teams can never get better.

Your point is dead on and this is exactly why our league charges $5 per add/drop.We have a couple of guys like your commish and at $5 per ww pick-up they're sure as hell not doing 99 pickups on a chance let alone 25 or 30.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry...but I have to agree with Hootie on this one. That's ****ing lame.

All that does is reward people who have all the time in the world to sit on a laptop and plug in waiver wire transactions. That league is perfectly acceptable if you have all 12 people sitting down in the same room watching the games together. You're basically punishing the players that have lives.

See my above post

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 09:28 AM
JUST TO CLARIFY SEE MY POST #21

I play in a 12 man $160 entry plus $5 add/drops "cuthroat league" and absolutely agree with you,the shit is intense and fun as hell,you snooze you lose.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Your point is dead on and this is exactly why our league charges $5 per add/drop.We have a couple of guys like your commish and at $5 per ww pick-up they're sure as hell not doing 99 pickups on a chance let alone 25 or 30.

Having a fee based system helps, but I just think that a waiver system is vital to a league. The teams that are awful should have first shot at getting better.

Pestilence
10-25-2011, 09:39 AM

I would even go as far as to limit the number of transactions that people can make during a year. I've been in leagues where you have to pay for the transactions and there are players who don't give a shit that they spend upwards of $80-$100 a year in transactions.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Having a fee based system helps, but I just think that a waiver system is vital to a league. The teams that are awful should have first shot at getting better.

I play in a cash waiver league as well and have no problem with it either.I just think Hootie crosses the line when he attacks other leagues the way he does just because he doesn't agree.

Disagreement is fine,make a point reasonably and go on,but damn, him acting like he's the know all fantasy god guru gets really old.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
I play in a cash waiver league as well and have no problem with it either.I just think Hootie crosses the line when he attacks other leagues the way he does just because he doesn't agree.

Disagreement is fine,make a point reasonably and go on,but damn, him acting like he's the know all fantasy god guru gets really old.

Agreed as well.

Pestilence
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM

Yep....I agree with you on that one.

IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING IN A 2QB LEAGUE.....YOU'RE A HOMO!

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:11 AM
OP, PPR leagues should be standard FFL...I'll never back down from that one, but at least I can understand if people want to play what they are used to playing (watered down FFL, but I get it)

non-waiver leagues?! Now...those are just dumb. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Paying for transactions is cool as hell...I like that idea.

The idea that players are addable and droppable at all times baffles me...

So the people who have to work on Sundays...or go to sports bars to watch their teams (like the Chiefs for me) play while not paying attention to any other game because I'm locked in get penalized for not seeing if a stud goes down right away and immediately picking up their backup...

that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I cringe every single time someone tells me they play in a league like that...

and then when we have captain dipshit telling me how dumb I am for not starting DeMarco Murray in every league because he's clearly a RB1 now!!!! and that he picked him up the second after Felix went down...

it's hard for me not to tell him how fucking amateur/n00bish/stupid/etc...his league is.

Congrats bro, you probably play in a work league with a bunch of fucking idiots who set up a fucking idiot league where half of them don't even watch football.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
non-waiver leagues?! Now...those are just dumb. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Paying for transactions is cool as hell...I like that idea.

The idea that players are addable and droppable at all times baffles me...

So the people who have to work on Sundays...or go to sports bars to watch their teams (like the Chiefs for me) play while not paying attention to any other game because I'm locked in get penalized for not seeing if a stud goes down right away and immediately picking up their backup...

that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I cringe every single time someone tells me they play in a league like that...

See what I mean,you have to criticize by using words like dumb and speculate on what other people's lives are like without knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Our 12 team non-waiver Cuthroat league as we like to call it is made up of business owners and professional sales reps etc. and no one works on Sundays and our ww is quite active on Sundays during the games cha ching cha ching.

It's all about what rules you agree to play under and no one is DUMB for choosing what works for them.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:58 AM
cool dude

you care more about FFL than you do about watching the Chiefs

I don't even look at FFL updates during any of the games...especially during the Chiefs games...

I watch the Chiefs without distraction...I hate people who sit there with their laptops and watch their FFL box score update live...how boring is that?

and I'm certainly not going to scour an open player pool during games trying to snipe up the DeMarco Murray's because my league doesn't have a waiver process...

I'm glad that league works for you...but it still doesn't convince me your league isn't really, really, really dumb.

I would honestly LOVE an invitation. A great investment opportunity for me.

Again...you can have a league where you start 5 DEF and 10 Kickers...good for you, doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

I'm 100% certain a league with no waiver wire in FFL is stupid. It's flawed. Very, very flawed.

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Hootie, our league has a waiver system. A player is put on the waiver wire whenever he is dropped and everyone has 5 days to put in a claim. If no one puts in a claim he is a free agent and it is first come, first serve.

It is $1 for each add/drop and the more transactions you have the lower you go in the waiver order.

Worst record is top of waiver.. tie in record goes to player with least transactions.

idk, I like it.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Actually, broseph, I picked up Murray the moment Jones went down (shit is that intense in my league) and I started him Sunday.

orly

anything else liar?

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
orly

anything else liar?

Yeah he was a free agent ass hat. The guy who drafted murray dropped him 3 weeks ago.

Anything else clown?

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah he was a free agent ass hat. The guy who drafted murray dropped him 3 weeks ago.

Anything else clown?

so your league is a fucking dumbass, stupid fucking n00b ass fish of a league, just like I said...

any player in free agency should immediately go on waivers on Sunday as soon as their game starts...so when Felix was hurt DeMarco should have been a waiver claim, not a free agent...

but you play in an amateur n00b league so congrats...you were the fastest retard to the draw in your retard nation league

feel proud

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes. And you are still the clown that decided to start Maurice Morris over Murray and advise a guy in another thread to start Ryan Torain over him. You really had this one pegged man. Good eye.

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Have a look-see

QB Matthew Stafford
(Det - QB) Atl L, 23-16 78% 183 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9.23
WR Marques Colston
(NO - WR) Ind W, 62-7 86% 0 0 0 0 0 98 2 0 0 0 0 18.53
WR Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR) Pit L, 32-20 91% 0 0 0 0 0 78 0 0 0 0 0 5.20
WR Greg Little
(Cle - WR) Sea W, 6-3 22% 0 0 0 0 0 31 0 0 0 0 0 2.07
RB Arian Foster
(Hou - RB) @Ten W, 41-7 96% 0 0 0 115 2 119 1 0 0 0 0 37.43
RB Steven Jackson
(StL - RB) @Dal L, 34-7 77% 0 0 0 70 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 13.20
TE Fred Davis
(Was - TE) @Car L, 33-20 53% 0 0 0 0 0 80 1 0 0 0 0 11.33
W/R DeMarco Murray
(Dal - RB) StL W, 34-7 42% 0 0 0 253 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 31.30
BN Mike Williams
(TB - WR) Chi L, 24-18 64% 0 0 0 0 0 75 0 0 0 0 0 5.00
BN Tim Hightower
(Was - RB) @Car L, 33-20 28% 0 0 0 88 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8.80
BN Stevie Johnson
(Buf - WR) Bye 15% - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN Rob Gronkowski
(NE - TE) Bye 11% - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN Brandon Jacobs
(NYG - RB) Bye 3% - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN Sam Bradford
(StL - QB) @Dal L, 34-7

Edit: Matt Bryant at K, and Baltimore DEF

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Yes. And you are still the clown that decided to start Maurice Morris over Murray and advise a guy in another thread to start Ryan Torain over him. You really had this one pegged man. Good eye.

ROFL

ESPN had Torain ranked over both, and so did Yahoo.

No one knew Shanahan was going to strike again and Torain had a beautiful matchup.

And again, no one really knew if Murray would be the workhorse or if Choice would get a lot of those carries.

Remember, Torain was projected to score 10, Murray 7, and Morris 6 in traditional, non PPR leagues.

So spare me. And I started Murray in my one traditional $ league...

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=635878&teamId=2&seasonId=2011

Again, I'm sure you had Murray pegged as the 2nd overall RB last week and had Beck ranked over Stafford...didn't you, you cute little MMQB!?!?!!

I'm sorry your league is full of amateur n00bs who don't lock their waivers like adult leagues...don't take it out on me for you not being able to find competitive leagues with real competition. That's not my fault. I'm sorry I'm the guru!

GURU

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I started Murray. I win.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
LMAO

congrats dude

you didn't have a choice to make

YOU HAD to play him...

hahaha, here's 1 league I didn't play him:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=827468&teamId=1&seasonId=2011

I had Battle, Morris, B. Wells...it was tough, at the last minute I took out Murray and started Painter at OP against the Saints because I figured he was good for 15 at least. I was wrong. I still lucked out into a win.

I have Best in that league and he was the #7 overall RB in that format (PPR), so I figured Morris was a must start. Still won.

This is the only league that cost me...

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=515322&teamId=10&seasonId=2011

Started Torain, Graham and McGahee over both Morris and Murray. Didn't work out.

Torain, Graham and McGahee all were ranked ahead of Murray. That's what is tough about FFL when you have 2nd tier RB's (like I always go with)...I choose RB's last, so it's always a tough choice.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. In this case, Murray burned me big time, but I rather have him on my bench than see him on someone else's team...and he won me a weekly $ prize (highest score) in the 1st league I linked.

So yay me.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I started Murray. I win.

yeah...Murray or Hightower...the same guy who didn't play a snap the last time he dressed...

really good, solid, play! What a tough choice! The #1 waiver pickup last week (Murray) you got because you play with retards...you put in your lineup because everyone else was either on a BYE or Tim Hightower...

man, that was sure a great choice! So tough!

ROFL

what kind of $$$ do you have on this league? Link me to your league page I'd love to surf around.

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 12:17 PM

I'm thinking we may have an open spot,unfortunately,you have to be present at our draft in Missouri and I don't know if even you would go that far to back up your bold talk even though we have 2 owners that come in from Ohio and Iowa.

I would honestly LOVE to have you give the league a try and I promise you'd have a great weekend party and be welcome to a free spare bedroom etc. in my home.Of course there would be general ballbusting (but rest assured not just aimed at you)as when our league gets together there's plenty of booze and hilarity and guys giving guys shit over picks and the like.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm thinking we may have an open spot,unfortunately,you have to be present at our draft in Missouri and I don't know if even you would go that far to back up your bold talk even though we have 2 owners that come in from Ohio and Iowa.

I would honestly LOVE to have you give the league a try and I promise you'd have a great weekend party and be welcome to a free spare bedroom etc. in my home.Of course there would be general ballbusting (but rest assured not just aimed at you)as when our league gets together there's plenty of booze and hilarity and guys giving guys shit over picks and the like.

give me a month's advance and I'll let you know, I have family in Overland Park and Blue Springs.

I'm always looking for fantasy football leagues.

Fish
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
cool dude

you care more about FFL than you do about watching the Chiefs

I don't even look at FFL updates during any of the games...especially during the Chiefs games...

I watch the Chiefs without distraction...I hate people who sit there with their laptops and watch their FFL box score update live...how boring is that?

and I'm certainly not going to scour an open player pool during games trying to snipe up the DeMarco Murray's because my league doesn't have a waiver process...

I'm glad that league works for you...but it still doesn't convince me your league isn't really, really, really dumb.

Again...you can have a league where you start 5 DEF and 10 Kickers...good for you, doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

I'm 100% certain a league with no waiver wire in FFL is stupid. It's flawed. Very, very flawed.

LMAO...

"that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I cringe every single time someone tells me they play in a league like that..."

"You hate the Chiefs because of this league. No waiver wire is really really really really really stupid. I'd never ever do that."

"I'd love to play in your league."

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
LMAO...

"that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I cringe every single time someone tells me they play in a league like that..."

"You hate the Chiefs because of this league. No waiver wire is really really really really really stupid. I'd never ever do that."

"I'd love to play in your league."

I looked at the 1st round of his draft, that's why I'd like to play in his league.

Fish
10-25-2011, 12:43 PM
I looked at the 1st round of his draft, that's why I'd like to play in his league.

If you say so Champ....

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
If you say so Champ....

thanks Bud

Nzoner
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
give me a month's advance and I'll let you know, I have family in Overland Park and Blue Springs.

I'm always looking for fantasy football leagues.

Cool because we're always looking for cash donations.

Oh,btw just so you know we do a few other dumb things,we draft head coaches,and even though we play hth match-ups with a cash prize for best record our 6 play-off teams are based on a weekly point tier system of 11 thru 0 and our play-offs don't start until the actual NFL Play-Offs.

SPATCH
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I have just declared myself the guru-iest