PDA

View Full Version : Bad Trade advice

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
In one of my leagues a really bad trade went down last week. At least in my opinion. But apparently I'm the only one making any noise about it.

Foster for McNabb, straight up.

I didn't see it in time to try and veto it, and nobody else is calling these asshats out for it. Should I just shut up because it's not that bad of a trade?

RUSH
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Reeks of collusion.

You have to call them out, especially if it's a money league.

Brock
10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a pretty dumb league with a worthless commissioner.

doomy3
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
That is one of the worst trades I have ever seen. Yeah, that should never happen.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM

This.

Sofa King
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
LMAO

Why the fuck would you let this go down?

Dicky McElephant
10-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Veto that shit right now. That's the definition of collusion.

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:33 PM

the commissioner did nothing, I didn't see it until too late, long work week. Only one other even voted to veto it. Anyway, not the real point. It's so obviously collusion because the two are friends and the one who traded away foster had only one win, and the other one is about .500

I called them out on the message board and not getting much response to it. The winner of the trade is still defending it, which questions his intelligence or is suggestive he thinks I'm stupid.

there are two other players that haven't made many recent changes so they probably aren't really trying. This is a money league it was a 20 entry. I talked to my friend, who is currently undefeated, about a similar trade that would basically ensure he wins.

Is this a good retort? or should I just forget about it?

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Veto that shit right now. That's the definition of collusion.

It was last week, I didn't see it went through until sat. I said something in person on sunday when we watched the games, and posted on the board about it yesterday.

Dicky McElephant
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
What defense does he have? McNabb doesn't even fucking play.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
lmao

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
What defense does he have? McNabb doesn't even fucking play.

It was right before the benching was made public, still doesn't matter - it's a horrible trade. I'll never play with this group again, and I'm seriously considering the trade with my buddy and not paying the 20 dollars I haven't paid yet.

BTW the trade with my buddy would be Aaron rodgers and jennings for stafford and some scrub WR on his bench...

It's a two QB league.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
this would be a totally justifiable reason to not pay the $20

tell them you aren't paying the $20 unless the trade is overturned

don't make any counter trades...just leave it at that

say..."unless that trade is overturned this week, I'm letting my team go dead and not paying the $20. Sorry, I don't play with cheaters."

Valiant
10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah if they are pulling that bullshit and you are no where near winning, I would trade or dump my good players to fuck him over..

Only if it is non money.. Money, I would keep bitching about it until it is rectified..

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:46 PM
It would be one thing if he sold McNabb high...but McNabb never had an ounce of value this year...not even in 2 QB leagues

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:47 PM

say..."unless that trade is overturned this week, I'm letting my team go dead and not paying the $20. Sorry, I don't play with cheaters."

a great option, and one I am weighing out in my mind. The guy's girl works with my wife, so we see each other regularly, and I would hate to have a FF game make real life harder than it has to. I know, I know - the weight should really still be on the asshat, but the girl already called my wife about it tonight asking if I was really mad about this.

cabletech94
is this a "friendly" league? something smells pretty awful. time to burn some houses down.

Valiant

Fuck that.. If it goes through.. Don't say shit.. Reoffer the trade to your buddy that favors him more then what it is now, there should be no justifiable reason to object the trade after that one went down..

Still don't pay the money.. Don't say you are letting your team go dead.. Fuck them first before you do that..

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
It would be one thing if he sold McNabb high...but McNabb never had an ounce of value this year...not even in 2 QB leagues

I know, that's what I'm saying too!!!!!

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
if it would cause a problem IRL just pay the $20 and make a shitty trade to your buddy and be done with it

Valiant
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Yeah this.. Cassel is 10x the QB in value compared to McNabbs worthless ass..

That is like trading 2firsts for Palmer bad..

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
is this a "friendly" league? something smells pretty awful. time to burn some houses down.

I'm friends with one, and acquaintances with two others, I never met the other 6

Valiant
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
if it would cause a problem IRL just pay the $20 and make a shitty trade to your buddy and be done with it

Why? Obviously the guy does not give a shit by the shit trade and no one caring.. If it was a nonmoney league it would be more tolerated..

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
That is like trading 2firsts for Palmer bad..

I never thought a trade could be that bad...but this one might even take the cake!

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM

I'm going to wait it out a little to see if the commissioner steps up, or others come out and say anything. Then I do one of these two options, or both....

cabletech94
10-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm friends with one, and acquaintances with two others, I never met the other 6

had something "similar" go down last year in one of mine. friends with 3 or 4 of these guys. 5 complete strangers. there was a "suspect trade" between roommates. blah blah blah. made my stink about it, but not anything major. "i think what you did was shitty, but your a good guy--don't do it again if you want me in your league next year".
if you're talking money, yea, you've got every right to be pissed. that trade reeks of collusion.

KChiefer
10-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I'd pay the $20 but do $200 worth of damage to ensure they take a loss if it doesn't get rescinded. Then I'd make the trade with my bud on the condition he buys me one beer.

"So your hubby had to drive to work without a windshield, why's he so mad about it???"

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 11:18 PM
had something "similar" go down last year in one of mine. friends with 3 or 4 of these guys. 5 complete strangers. there was a "suspect trade" between roommates. blah blah blah. made my stink about it, but not anything major. "i think what you did was shitty, but your a good guy--don't do it again if you want me in your league next year".
if you're talking money, yea, you've got every right to be pissed. that trade reeks of collusion.

bottom line, he says anything along the lines of "got me, sorry" I'd be a shitload better about it, I'd really prefer they take the trade back. I think I still beat him even though he now has peterson and foster as his RBs. The real problem is the rest aren't making any stink about it, and even though its only 20 bucks, it's still a money league. I don't get it. How is it only two of us are publicly saying anything about it.

crazycoffey
10-25-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd pay the $20 but do $200 worth of damage to ensure they take a loss if it doesn't get rescinded. Then I'd make the trade with my bud on the condition he buys me one beer.

"So your hubby had to drive to work without a windshield, why's he so mad about it???"

ROFL

Shaid
10-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Unbelievable. If they don't overturn that shit I'd quit the league. No way I'd play with cheating assholes like that.