PDA

View Full Version : Pride or points?

acarter25
10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Alright people, do I start Jackie Battle or Ryan Mathews this week? I know at first this seems laughable... but I have always been one to bench players against KC. Really their projected totals only differ by about 1 pt. but Mathews has been solid this year. My other RBS are MJD and Sproles so I am in good shape at the position. I just have a feeling Battle is going to have a solid game and probably get in to the endzone, and regardless of everything else our run defense has been pretty solid lately.

The other kicker is that the league i'm in receptions count for 1 point, so Mathews has the edge there.

Dicky McElephant
10-27-2011, 02:21 PM
KC has only had one rushing TD......and that was by Javier Arenas.

Go with Mathews.

acarter25
10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
KC has only had one rushing TD......and that was by Javier Arenas.

Go with Mathews.

lol yes, you are correct. I probably will in the end. It's tough though

Dicky McElephant
10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Is this a free league or a money league?

Short Leash Hootie
10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I mean, you have to go Mathews if you want to field the best team...

my thought process is...if the Chiefs win, I don't care what happens in fantasy the day was a good day...

I'll take a Chiefs win (if it matters) over a fantasy win every Sunday. (Unless we're sucking for Luck which is officially dead)

So I'll put in a guy like Mathews and cheer for the Chiefs to just shut him the fuck down! And I'll be happy about it, too (and hope the other starters on my team picked up his slack)

I've always been an out of town fan that watches games at sports bars...when I was in Champaign I had my regular bar and the same guy got there early every Sunday to get us set up with a nice, prime time Chiefs TV...dude would drive me nuts because he had Rivers as his fantasy QB (in our big money league, he happened to be a part of that, too) and they'd be playing KC and Rivers would throw a TD and he'd go nuts...

I wanted to slap him every time.

acarter25
10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Is this a free league or a money league?

I have 30$ in it, and right now i'm tied for 1st lol

acarter25
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I mean, you have to go Mathews if you want to field the best team...

my thought process is...if the Chiefs win, I don't care what happens in fantasy the day was a good day...

I'll take a Chiefs win (if it matters) over a fantasy win every Sunday. (Unless we're sucking for Luck which is officially dead)

So I'll put in a guy like Mathews and cheer for the Chiefs to just shut him the **** down! And I'll be happy about it, too (and hope the other starters on my team picked up his slack)

I've always been an out of town fan that watches games at sports bars...when I was in Champaign I had my regular bar and the same guy got there early every Sunday to get us set up with a nice, prime time Chiefs TV...dude would drive me nuts because he had Rivers as his fantasy QB (in our big money league, he happened to be a part of that, too) and they'd be playing KC and Rivers would throw a TD and he'd go nuts...

I wanted to slap him every time.

Yeah I think this is going to be my take. I will still root for us to demolish mathews. Either that or I will hope he has 25 catches for 10 yards! lol. I'll just hope my team picks up the slack.