PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who the bleep is calling plays?

Beef Supreme
11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know? Do the Chiefs even know?

Beyond the fact that we can't seem to get plays into the huddle in a timely fashion, the play calling just flat out blows.

We lost Charles, we are not a run first team without him. I think we can still run the ball, but we need to pass to open up the run. So many times last night we ran on first and second down only to leave Cassel with a 3rd and 8 or worse. That's not exactly taking the pressure off of him. To his credit, he made some good throws to keep drives going in the first quarter.

They keep running McCluster up the middle....ummm...what?

The guys are playing hard, and I'll take a win, but our offense is hit and miss, and would definitely benefit from better play calling.

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 08:26 AM
We all wish we knew who to blame.

I'm blaming Muir as of now. I hope to god that Haley isn't the one behind the abortion of offensive play calls.

Urc Burry
11-01-2011, 08:26 AM
We should of ran it a total of 20 times yesterday... It was working and the passing game was finally starting to look good

Mr. Laz
11-01-2011, 08:27 AM
well i recognized the draw play with 48 seconds left from Haley so we know he's calling some of them. Dam draw wasted like 19 seconds and screwed any chance we had at a drive. Does Haley not think defenses watch any tape? How many dam times is he going to call a draw play in 3rd and long or in a 2 minute offense? :banghead:

journeyscarab
11-01-2011, 08:28 AM
The jacking around with getting the plays in to Cassel needs to stop. It's too bad he doesnt have the confidence to say screw it and call his own play if they fail to get one called. At some point he has to be the leader and make the call and tell them to suck it for screwing around.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2011, 08:28 AM
We all wish we knew who to blame.

I'm blaming Muir as of now. I hope to god that Haley isn't the one behind the abortion of offensive play calls.
we've been calling that stupid ass draw play since the first season Haley got here. Muir didn't have anything to do with that. Haley is calling something.

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I believe the person on the other end of Haley's "**** you" is the person calling the plays. Whom ever that may be....

Frazod
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Someone needs to install devices on Muir/Haley/whoever that delivers a painful shock any time one of them calls for McMidget to run up the goddamn middle, and the shock needs to get worse with each repeated call. Over and over and over again. What mind-numbing stupidity. :shake:

Seriously, how many fucking times did they do that last night? I don't like the idea of him touching the ball PERIOD at this point, but if he has to, get it to him in space.

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
we've been calling that stupid ass draw play since the first season Haley got here. Muir didn't have anything to do with that. Haley is calling something.

It's just a play in the playbook. It doesn't mean that Haley wants that play called at retarded times, multiple times a game.

Haley didn't run a predictable offense in Arizona like we do here. Then again he had Warner, not Cassel.

Bob Dole
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Bob Dole screams "You're going to break the poor little guy!" at the television every time they run our 150 pound back between the tackles.

KCUnited
11-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Hmmmm, throw at Cason or toss to Jones? Toss to Jones it is.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2011, 08:33 AM
It's just a play in the playbook. It doesn't mean that Haley wants that play called at retarded times, multiple times a game.

Haley didn't run a predictable offense in Arizona like we do here. Then again he had Warner, not Cassel.
Haley was calling the plays after he fired Gailey in his 1st season and we called that draw play at retarded times, multiple times a game then too.

Hootie
11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Bob Dole screams "You're going to break the poor little guy!" at the television every time they run our 150 pound back between the tackles.

while I agree running McCluster up the middle in obvious run downs is beyond ridiculous...

everyone keeps saying he has to break since he's so small but the dude takes hit after hit and keeps getting up...he had some decent returns yesterday, too

but yeah...he shouldn't be touching the ball in the running game if he can't hold on to the damn thing...

him running with two arms on the ball now is totally going to limit his effectiveness, too..

I say sideline the McCluster experiment until our offense is a little more mature and less predictable...right now when he's on the field he can't find space...the defense keys on him...finally when we got him the ball in open space in OT he made some guys miss and made some real nice plays.

trndobrd
11-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Transcript from last night:

Cassel: "Huddle up guys! Huddle up!"

Zorn: "Good throw Matt. Bill? What are we doing?"

Muir: "...so then Matlock says to Miss Sally, 'Yes, I would like a glass of lemonade', and then Miss Sally says to Matlock....."

Haley: "Jim, what the hell are we running?"

Zorn: "I dunno! Let's run a passing play!"

Anderson: "C'mon guys, we're passing. Number 10, 83, 84...get out there!"

Haley: "Bill! Bill! What are you doing up there?"

Muir: (drools)

Cassel: (Waves arms frantically)

Zorn: "Alright Matt, play is coming in just a second. BILL! WAKE UP!"

Muir: (Suddenly shakes head) "Wing right 3 Wedge!"

Haley: "Got it Bill. Jim, Split right, 3 Wedge!"

Zorn: "Matt, Split right, 3 Power Wedge!"

Cassel: "OK guys, it's Split left, 3, Power Wedge, on....wait a second." (Looks around the huddle, then at sideline) "WTF! I have six receivers in on a running play!"

Haley: "Damnit!"

Cassel: (Looking at play clock with 4 seconds remaining) "Time Out!"

Crennel: "S***! OK guys, get ready to get back in there."

Frazod
11-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Transcript from last night:

Cassel: "Huddle up guys! Huddle up!"

Zorn: "Good throw Matt. Bill? What are we doing?"

Muir: "...so then Matlock says to Miss Sally, 'Yes, I would like a glass of lemonade', and then Miss Sally says to Matlock....."

Haley: "Jim, what the hell are we running?"

Zorn: "I dunno! Let's run a passing play!"

Anderson: "C'mon guys, we're passing. Number 10, 83, 84...get out there!"

Haley: "Bill! Bill! What are you doing up there?"

Muir: (drools)

Cassel: (Waves arms frantically)

Zorn: "Alright Matt, play is coming in just a second. BILL! WAKE UP!"

Muir: (Suddenly shakes head) "Wing right 3 Wedge!"

Haley: "Got it Bill. Jim, Split right, 3 Wedge!"

Zorn: "Matt, Split right, 3 Power Wedge!"

Cassel: "OK guys, it's Split left, 3, Power Wedge, on....wait a second." (Looks around the huddle, then at sideline) "WTF! I have six receivers in on a running play!"

Haley: "Damnit!"

Cassel: (Looking at play clock with 4 seconds remaining) "Time Out!"

Crennel: "S***! OK guys, get ready to get back in there."

:LOL: er, I mean, :shake:

(probably closer to the truth than any of us wants to know)

Hootie
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
nice try

Chiefnj2
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Cassel should have ripped the mic out of his helmet and tried calling his own plays.

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Cassel should have ripped the mic out of his helmet and tried calling his own plays.

THIS. I wanna see what Matt Manning can do. These coaches wanna simplify him to the point of predictability.

FringeNC
11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
What I don't understand is what Jim Zorn's role is in calling plays. He's a QB coach, not OC, plus he comes from a West Coast background, and that's not what we run. If Muir can't call pass plays without help from Zorn, the f'n Haley should bring Muir back down to the sidelines, and call everything himself. This confusion is going to cost us a game or two.

bevischief
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Cassel had one of the play things on his wrist he should of just called it himself.

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Cassel had one of the play things on his wrist he should of just called it himself.

The coaches call a Number, and it corresponds to the play on his wristband.

How Cassel can't understand a NUMBER in a headset is beyond me. There has to be some kind of bickering or chatter in that headset between coaches in order to take so long to give a f*cking number.

trndobrd
11-01-2011, 09:17 PM
The coaches call a Number, and it corresponds to the play on his wristband.

How Cassel can't understand a NUMBER in a headset is beyond me. There has to be some kind of bickering or chatter in that headset between coaches in order to take so long to give a f*cking number.

Cassel could kneel down and scratch out the play in the dirt faster than the brain trust is getting the plays to him.

Gonzo
11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know? Do the Chiefs even know?

Beyond the fact that we can't seem to get plays into the huddle in a timely fashion, the play calling just flat out blows.

We lost Charles, we are not a run first team without him. I think we can still run the ball, but we need to pass to open up the run. So many times last night we ran on first and second down only to leave Cassel with a 3rd and 8 or worse. That's not exactly taking the pressure off of him. To his credit, he made some good throws to keep drives going in the first quarter.

They keep running McCluster up the middle....ummm...what?

The guys are playing hard, and I'll take a win, but our offense is hit and miss, and would definitely benefit from better play calling.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bengals/FU.gif
So, you wanna know who's calling the plays?

Fuck you.

That's who's calling plays.

KcMizzou
11-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Guys, remember, the headsets were "fuzzy".

Honestly, I'd prefer Haley call the plays. Lets just keep it simple. It's his ass on the line anyway.

kcfan82
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
From what I saw last night out of Baldwin this should be one of the better receiving corps we've had in my lifetime. You throw Moeaki into that mix next year and it's even better.

We're going to have to suck it up this year and throw the ball around and use our size at WR to put point on the board. Cassel is still going to throw his fair share of picks, but the only way we're sniffing 10 wins this year is if we play to our strengths on offense. Which is currently Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston (with McFumbler moving back out to the slot).

Lonewolf Ed
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Last season, didn't Haley bench Cassel for a few plays (and Brodie threw a pick) precisely because Cassel called some of his own plays?

Iconic
11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Last season, didn't Haley bench Cassel for a few plays (and Brodie threw a pick) precisely because Cassel called some of his own plays?

Lol I think I remember that. Not sure why but I remember him being out for 3 plays... I've always felt the play calling doesn't allow Cassel to do much. The coaching staff never trusts him and that hinders his confidence a lot.

lcarus
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Hmmmm, throw at Cason or toss to Jones? Toss to Jones it is.

Yes let's forget about our 8 foot freak athlete WRs against our opponents 5 foot shitty CBs and instead run McCluster up the middle and run a sweep with Thomas Jones. Brilliant playcalling. Really using our advantages wisely.

TheSourceX1
11-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I believe the person on the other end of Haley's "**** you" is the person calling the plays. Whom ever that may be....

this should have it's own thread ... Who is Haley telling, "Phuck You!"?