PDA

View Full Version : Who to drop for next week's bye.

Direckshun
11-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Jimmy Graham has been a man possessed for me all season. His amazing success has let me to ignore the TE position all season.

However, in Week 11, he's sitting. I have no backup TE, and now I need to bring one on board.

The league is 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, and TE, K, Def.

My question to you is, who do I drop for a week to add a fill-in TE.

My roster for week 10:

QB
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman

WR
Calvin Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Mario Manningham
Miles Austin

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Felix Jones

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
David Akers

Def
St. Louis Rams

Poll forthcoming.

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Freeman. He's consistently a 15-20 fantasy QB. Easily replaceable on a match-up basis.

sedated
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd go Starks or Freeman.

The Bad Guy
11-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Do not cut Starks. I'd drop Freeman.

Pestilence
11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Felix Jones. That fucker is worthless.

OnTheWarpath58
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm in the same boat, and unless I can make a trade, I'll have to drop Baldwin to pick up a TE.

Munson
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Starks, Felix Jones, or Freeman.

Pestilence
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
It honestly depends on what TE you're going to be picking up.

The Bad Guy
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I would not cut Starks. Cut Felix before you cut Starks. The weather is going to get colder and the Packers will run the ball more.

Radar Chief
11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Felix Jones. That ****er is worthless.

^This, DeMarko Murray is going to get his carries anyway.

Direckshun
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
^This, DeMarko Murray is going to get his carries anyway.

Murray's just as brittle as Jones is.

I don't know how much I'd be able to afford dropping Jones. Going only three deep in a 2RB league is flirting with disaster. The best player on the scrap heap right now is Donald fucking Brown.

Miles Austin is frequently injured, and is reportedly out 2-4 weeks. I'm going to drop him, methinks. I can get by with Megatron and a combination of Holmes, Brown, Manningham and Jones.

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I'd be super concerned about hanging onto that #20 QB. Can't afford to open him up to the waiver wire.

ArrowheadMagic
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Freeman or Jones are the obvious ones. Jones will be a heavy split carries. With little true value going forward. Plus its just one week. Put a claim in the next week to pick back up.

Direckshun
11-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd be super concerned about hanging onto that #20 QB. Can't afford to open him up to the waiver wire.

You don't understand the pettiness in my league.

Last year, I went into the finals with some guy who had a struggling Hasselbeck as his only QB with zero backups. Before he had an opportunity to pick up another QB off the scrap heap, I emptied out the back end of my roster and flooded my bench with the best QBs on the open market, just to stick him with Hasselbeck for the finals.

We play pretty dirty in this league, and I'm considered a serious threat to take the league despite my relatively shitty record. It would not be beyond this group to scoop up the remaining QB talent on the board to neutralize me and marry me to Tebow or whatever shit options are left the rest of the way.

Going one-deep at QB is stupid in this league. I won the league last year and I've got a target on my back.

Freeman or Jones are the obvious ones. Jones will be a heavy split carries. With little true value going forward. Plus its just one week. Put a claim in the next week to pick back up.

Maybe. I share this league with a bunch of really, really opportunistic assholes and RB hoarders.

Pestilence
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
If they're a bunch of assholes.....then take the 0 for Graham for one week and hope the rest of your team picks up the slack.

Direckshun
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
If they're a bunch of assholes.....then take the 0 for Graham for one week and hope the rest of your team picks up the slack.

Well in they're defense, I'm the biggest one of all. :D

I may do that based on who is available for next week. I'm not picking up a Tier 4 TE and losing a potential starter at RB or WR as a result.