PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to take a risk...

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
There is a team in my league who is 7-3 and looking like he could win the entire thing. One problem......his two QBs were Matt Schaub and Matt Cassel. There is jack shit on the waiver wire and he's basically forced to deal one of his top three RBs (Foster, Fred Jackson and Turner) for a QB. There aren't to many teams in our league (that I know of) that have the depth or the balls to offer him a QB for one of his RBs. So...since I'm 5-5....I'm going to take a huge risk in hopes that I can win this week and have a stronger team for a push to the playoffs.

I've offered him Jay Cutler and Brandon Jacobs (or Daniel Thomas) for Fred Jackson. Or Jay Cutler for Michael Turner straight up. If he accepts the trade.....that leaves me with no QB this week and I'll be starting either John Skelton or Tyler Palko. Once Week 11 is over though....it would leave me with a starting lineup of:

Ben Roethlisberger
MJD
Fred Jackson
Mike Wallace
Vincent Jackson
Victor Cruz

And yes Hootie....I realize that it's probably a lopsided trade and there is a chance that he won't do it.

doomy3
11-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Why is this a huge risk? And why wouldn't anyone else have the "balls" to trade a QB for a top 5 RB?

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Why is this a huge risk? And why wouldn't anyone else have the "balls" to trade a QB for a top 5 RB?

I consider having to start Palko or Skelton a risk.....especially when I'm fighting for the last spot in the playoffs.

doomy3
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
One of those QBs and Fred Jackson is much better than Jay Cutler and Brandon Jacobs for a week. It's really not even close.

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 11:14 AM
One of those QBs and Fred Jackson is much better than Jay Cutler and Brandon Jacobs for a week. It's really not even close.

Well like I said....it's not even a guarantee that he'll do it. There is one other team in the league that has the depth to make the trade....but I'm not sure that he's even paying enough attention to offer a trade.

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Well fuck.....Roethlisberger has a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 12:42 PM
If I can pull this off......I'll JIMP.

I'm trying to work out a deal for Eli Manning and then flip Cutler for a RB.

Yeah....I know....no one really cares.

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Trade #1 agreed to.

I give up Vincent Jackson and Brandon Jacobs. I get Eli Manning.

Now I'm working on trade #2.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Trade #1 agreed to.

I give up Vincent Jackson and Brandon Jacobs. I get Eli Manning.

Now I'm working on trade #2.

Serious overreaction to Big Ben's injury. Enjoy missing the playoffs. ;)

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Serious overreaction to Big Ben's injury. Enjoy missing the playoffs. ;)

Not when I'm trading a QB for a better RB.

WV
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
My main $$ league's trade deadline was two weeks ago. Does anyone's league use a dealine?

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
My main $$ league's trade deadline was two weeks ago. Does anyone's league use a dealine?

Once you are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in our league.....you can no longer trade.

Dicky McElephant
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
So now that I've traded for Eli Manning......he's offered me Michael Turner and Dwayne Bowe for Big Ben.

Thoughts?

The Bad Guy
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
So now that I've traded for Eli Manning......he's offered me Michael Turner and Dwayne Bowe for Big Ben.

Thoughts?

PPR? I'd probably take that.