PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs MNF's ad for the Chiefs v Pats game

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes, the networks shamelessly pimp NE and Tom Brady but that ad is an insult. It's all about the Pats and at the very end there is a one second flash of a Chiefs player with the voice over of 'vs. the Chiefs.'

Now, I now we've had a rough season and many of the starters are injured but is there NOTHING they can find good to promote them? It just pisses me off every time I see the ad.

DMAC
11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
You should be used to this.

SNR
11-16-2011, 11:10 AM
It's poor advertising. They're not talking up their product at all. By barely mentioning the Chiefs, they're only furthering the fact that this is a bad matchup and a shitty game.

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 11:10 AM
You should be used to this.

Maybe but it is just irritating.

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
It's poor advertising. They're not talking up their product at all. By barely mentioning the Chiefs, they're only furthering the fact that this is a bad matchup and a shitty game.

Bingo! They could FIND something to say.

Dartgod
is there NOTHING they can find good to promote them?
What would you suggest?

DaFace
Bowe or Baldwin might make a spectacular catch. That's about the best we have to hope for.

Count Alex's Wins
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
There is nothing good to promote about the Chiefs.

Nothing good whatsoever.

DMAC
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
"Create a drinking game by seeing how many times Hali gets held with no call!!! We'll see YOU...Monday Night."

da da da DUMMMM

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Nothing good whatsoever.

Well they ARE in second place. :D Something about they will be trying to stay ahead of the rest of the division and fighting to stay in second place.

Yes, it's a stretch but it is also TRUE! So why not find SOMETHING positive and highlight it.

HotRoute
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
"Create a drinking game by seeing how many times Hali gets held with no call!!! We'll see YOU...Monday Night."

da da da DUMMMM

or drink every time they compliment tom brady, if your looking to get wasted

JD10367
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
The Chiefs just lost at home to Miami and Denver. They're going on the road to play a better team which rarely loses at home and just crushed the Jets on the road. What exactly would you expect them to say about the reeling Chiefs? They'll mention Pioli and Crennel's return to Foxboro, and will show both often. They'll show Cassel sitting in street clothes and mention his role here as a backup. But, honestly, being a two-TD underdog, you don't honestly expect them to say much more, do you? The Chiefs are still within striking distance of their division, and I'm sure they'll comment on that (and also on how "weak" the AFCW is). But it's not like they can talk it up. "The dynamic Tyler Palko makes his long-anticipated debut as the Chiefs' leader this week, on Monday Night Football, as the surging Chiefs try to take a stranglehold on their division with a road win at Foxboro!"

lcarus
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Not much they can do to hide that fact. MNF has had a lot of crappy matchups this year.

Week 1: Sep. 12, 7:00 PM, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

Week 1: Sep. 12, 10:15 PM, Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Week 2: Sep. 19, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at New York Giants

Week 3: Sep. 26, 8:30 PM, Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Week 4: Oct. 3, 8:30 PM, Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 5: Oct. 10, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions

Week 6: Oct. 17, 8:30 PM, Miami Dolphins at New York Jets

Week 7: Oct. 24, 8:30 PM, Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 8: Oct. 31, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

Week 9: Nov. 7, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 10: Nov. 14, 8:30 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Week 11: Nov. 21, 8:30 PM, Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots

Week 12: Nov. 28, 8:30 PM, New York Giants at New Orleans Saints

Week 13: Dec. 5, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 14: Dec. 12, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks

Week 15: Dec. 19, 8:30 PM, Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

Week 16: Dec. 26, 8:30 PM, Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

That is a pretty awful lineup.

saphojunkie
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, the networks shamelessly pimp NE and Tom Brady but that ad is an insult. It's all about the Pats and at the very end there is a one second flash of a Chiefs player with the voice over of 'vs. the Chiefs.'

Now, I now we've had a rough season and many of the starters are injured but is there NOTHING they can find good to promote them? It just pisses me off every time I see the ad.

I thought it was hilarious and no less than the team deserves.

Sorry, but when you start 0-3 and then blow your division lead with back to back BRUTAL losses to the dolphins and broncos...you are un-hype-able.

"Watch! As Tyler Palko (we've never heard of him, either) throws jump-shots to Dwayne Bowe, who is too busy wondering if Todd Haley is going to be fired to actually catch the ball! Plus, Jackie Battle will get four yards on a carry then come out! Dexter McCluster will be stopped for a loss eight times in a row, then gain 12 yards on 3rd and nine and promptly fumble! And if a single Chief other than Tamba Hali gets a sack, we'll give you one million American dollars! Not enough? Very well, TWO million!"

I mean, our three most important players are done for the season. It wasn't an injury bug for the Chiefs, dude. It was an injury plague. It was the injury bio-warfare targeting all branches of government.

Eric Berry.
Jamaal Charles.
Tony Moeaki.
Matt Cassel.
Brandon Siler.

Dude, if I'm Bowe or DJ, I'm taking some dry goods and bottled water and heading for the bunker.

cabletech94
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that chief (in the MNF promo)is #26. Jack Battle. Or how he should be remembered: Patriot Slayer.

sedated
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I saw that ad too, and thought it was pretty funny.

"Come watch the PATRIOTS...league MVP Tom Brady...and the mastermind of 3 Super Bowl victories, Bill Belichick...on Monday. Night. Football.

vs. the kansas city chiefs"

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 11:28 AM

"Come watch the PATRIOTS...league MVP Tom Brady...and the mastermind of 3 Super Bowl victories, Bill Belichick...on Monday. Night. Football.

They don't even say what city they are from. I think it's just "the Chiefs."

Guru
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Hell, MNF has had better games to watch than SNF this year. Granted, they aren't the most interesting matchups but they have all been worth watching except for this past Monday night.

DMAC
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM

That is hilarious.

Warrior5
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Piss on the Pats...

HemiEd
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Enjoy the prime time game while we can. This team continually burns the media every time they jump on board.

lcarus
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
For some reason, I feel like the more of an underdog we are, the better chance we have to be competitive. It's a completely unjustified feeling, but I have it anyway.

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Where are the, "I like it when the Chiefs fly under the radar" people. Did they leave after Miami

sedated
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
For some reason, I feel like the more of an underdog we are, the better chance we have to be competitive.

well then, it looks like we will be competitive the rest of the season.

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
The Patriots draw viewers. Just like why the Steelers game won't be flexed. They draw in ratings

lcarus
11-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Enjoy the prime time game while we can. This team continually burns the media every time they jump on board.

We've had 2 great games and wins in an electric Arrowhead Stadium on MNF against their media darlings, the SD Chargers.

gblowfish
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
They should just show :30 of Tom Brady clubbing a baby seal who's wearing a Chiefs' stocking cap.

Frosty
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM

I bet they just can't wait for this one.

Dartgod
11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
They don't even say what city they are from. I think it's just "the Chiefs."

Duh. Everyone knows we're from Kansas.

HemiEd
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
We've had 2 great games and wins in an electric Arrowhead Stadium on MNF against their media darlings, the SD Chargers.

Good point, hopefully that will carry enough weight.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
They should just show :30 of Tom Brady clubbing a baby seal who's wearing a Chiefs' stocking cap.

LMAO

Amnorix
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM

I don't want to be mean, but seriously...

"their starting quarterback, star running back and best defensive player may be out, but tune in to admire their efforts to return to .500 with an untested young quarterback..."

I know it sucks. I lived it for years and years and yeasr. When the Patriots were just the fodder for the Jim Kellys and Dan Marinos, but you've got to earn prime time showcasing. The Chiefs had it in the 90s... The crappy Cavaliers had it with LeBron.

Those ad guys aren't doing it to be dicks. They're trying to figure out what will get the most people across the country to watch.

bevischief
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM

ROFL

BoneKrusher
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM

Nothing good whatsoever.

exactly.
its like the saying:
"if you cant say something good, don't say anything at all".

BoneKrusher
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM

by halftime they may break away for more coverage of the Penn State scandal.

sedated
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM

like what?

BoneKrusher
11-16-2011, 12:31 PM
like what?

well they could say this is gonna be a slobber knocker of a game but it would be a lie.
these two defenses are softer than a piece of tissue.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 12:31 PM

The Patriots are their product. Especially Tom Brady.

SNR
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
The Patriots are their product. Especially Tom Brady.
"You gotta check this car out! It's got a super-charged V8 turbo engine, 300 horsepower, plush sporty interior, extra cupholders"

"How safe is it? Can I drive it in the winter? Does it have anti-lock brakes?"

"Yeah it's got brakes... "Now let me tell you about our convertible model!"

listopencil
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
"You gotta check this car out! It's got a super-charged V8 turbo engine, 300 horsepower, plush sporty interior, extra cupholders"

"How safe is it? Can I drive it in the winter? Does it have anti-lock brakes?"

"Yeah it's got brakes... "Now let me tell you about our convertible model!"

It's ESPN so they are going to market hype, and networks do it anyway. Last Sunday I was watching highlights on NBC of the Broncos-Chiefs game. They started with "Tebow and the Broncos traveled to KC...blah blah blah" then showed Tebow's completion (one of two) that went for a TD. If you didn't follow the game you would think that Tebow led the team to a win with his mighty Godlike QB'ing skills. Because Tebow has hype, just like Tom Brady and the Pats.

Rain Man
11-16-2011, 01:05 PM
"Come see the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals! Watch the zany antics of Meadowlark Lemon and his cast of entertaining athletes as they take on Bill Smith and his triangle defense! Dunks, alley oop passes, and amazing dribbling against a solidly developed game plan and ball control offense! Globetrotters! Generals! Lemon! Smith! Come and see this matchup!"

whoman69
11-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Matt Cassel tries to get back at his former team...uhm

The first place Chiefs take on...uh oh

Two former AFL rivals...ok, so its 40 years ago

Maybe the Chiefs won't lose by 30...bingo

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
It's ESPN so they are going to market hype, and networks do it anyway. Last Sunday I was watching highlights on NBC of the Broncos-Chiefs game. They started with "Tebow and the Broncos traveled to KC...blah blah blah" then showed Tebow's completion (one of two) that went for a TD. If you didn't follow the game you would think that Tebow led the team to a win with his mighty Godlike QB'ing skills. Because Tebow has hype, just like Tom Brady and the Pats.

It's not just NBC and the Chiefs. When Denver played the Lions and they had the promo for the week's games on FOX, all they said was "Tebow and the Broncos take on the Lions in one of our late games." I was like :spock:

Mr. Laz
11-16-2011, 01:24 PM
i'm surprised that the game is still on

the old Pats vs Pats storyline is the only thing that saved it.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
i'm surprised that the game is still on

the old Pats vs Pats storyline is the only thing that saved it.

All the Monday night games are set in stone, so we have plenty more shitty matchups on the horizon!!!!

memyselfI
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
LOL, funny stuff on this rather sad commentary.

KCtotheSB
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM

vs. ERROR, DATA NOT FOUND"

Fixed.

Lonewolf Ed
11-16-2011, 02:07 PM
or drink every time they compliment tom brady, if your looking to get wasted

Why encourage alcohol poisoning? :p

Fruit Ninja
11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Well they ARE in second place. :D Something about they will be trying to stay ahead of the rest of the division and fighting to stay in second place.

Yes, it's a stretch but it is also TRUE! So why not find SOMETHING positive and highlight it.

Or last place. Depends on how you look at it i guess.

Spott
11-16-2011, 07:06 PM
And they didn't even mention Rich Gannon.

thurman merman
11-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Not much they can do to hide that fact. MNF has had a lot of crappy matchups this year.

Week 1: Sep. 12, 7:00 PM, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

Week 1: Sep. 12, 10:15 PM, Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Week 2: Sep. 19, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at New York Giants

Week 3: Sep. 26, 8:30 PM, Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Week 4: Oct. 3, 8:30 PM, Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 5: Oct. 10, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions

Week 6: Oct. 17, 8:30 PM, Miami Dolphins at New York Jets

Week 7: Oct. 24, 8:30 PM, Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 8: Oct. 31, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

Week 9: Nov. 7, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 10: Nov. 14, 8:30 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Week 11: Nov. 21, 8:30 PM, Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots

Week 12: Nov. 28, 8:30 PM, New York Giants at New Orleans Saints

Week 13: Dec. 5, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 15: Dec. 19, 8:30 PM, Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

Week 16: Dec. 26, 8:30 PM, Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

That is a pretty awful lineup.

Wow. That is horrendous. Sunday Night Football > Monday Night Football

crazycoffey
11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
What would you suggest?

At least they didn't all vote for Obama....

Otter
11-17-2011, 07:14 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

Nzoner
11-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Those ad guys aren't doing it to be dicks. They're trying to figure out what will get the most people across the country to watch.

They've got millions of fantasy footballers salivating at the the thought of the points their players are going to put up.

I know I'm one :D

KC-TBB
11-17-2011, 07:24 AM
duh duh duh duh...sitting on lucky couch...duh duh duh duh...

every time the Chiefs tackle someone an Angel gets his wings...

Start Croyle
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Patriots favorite by sixteen points!

JD10367
11-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Patriots favorite by sixteen points!

Cool story, bro.

memyselfI
11-17-2011, 12:32 PM
They could maybe play up the fact that despite of two losing streaks and losing multiple players the HC has not been arrested for a DUI...

he just looks like he was.

Backwards Masking
11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
hell, this is nothing new.

I remember in late 95 we played the Dolphins on MNF (i think in Mia.) we had a better record than them and wound up getting homefield a few weeks later.

Same thing - "Marino! Shula! whoever the hell their best Wr was at the time, in Miami, the Dolphins try to win the east, Marino needs the playoff spot to get that elusive ring, on and on and on, Monday night, on ABC, be there or be square"......

vs. kansas city - commercial break

We suck so bad this year it's kinda justified to try and not mention us during the ad, but in 95 is was compeltely criminal. then again we lost (and lost bad) and wound up going one and done despite home field, so maybe that was justified too.

Amnorix
11-17-2011, 01:09 PM
hell, this is nothing new.

I remember in late 95 we played the Dolphins on MNF (i think in Mia.) we had a better record than them and wound up getting homefield a few weeks later.

Same thing - "Marino! Shula! whoever the hell their best Wr was at the time, in Miami, the Dolphins try to win the east, Marino needs the playoff spot to get that elusive ring, on and on and on, Monday night, on ABC, be there or be square"......

vs. kansas city - commercial break

We suck so bad this year it's kinda justified to try and not mention us during the ad, but in 95 is was compeltely criminal. then again we lost (and lost bad) and wound up going one and done despite home field, so maybe that was justified too.

I was thinking Duper and Clayton, but 1995 seemed late for them, so I looked it up -- Irving Fryar, deep into the back 9 of his career.

'phins won, but only 13-6.

Rooster
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Well at least now they are mentioning that Bowe will lead KC. ESPN threw the Chiefs a bone it would appear.

Backwards Masking
11-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I was thinking Duper and Clayton, but 1995 seemed late for them, so I looked it up -- Irving Fryar, deep into the back 9 of his career.

'phins won, but only 13-6.

I figured it was too late for them too, couldnt remember who they might have had.

It was hardly "only" 13-6, we got killed statistically on everything. They completely exposed just how enept Bono and the offense was, which carried over to our one and done 10-7 playoff loss, which I won't get into per CP and my own personal haunted memories.

Guru
11-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Wow. That is horrendous. Sunday Night Football > Monday Night Football

hell, the Monday night games have been better than the Sunday night games so far.

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Has anybody pointed out that the Chiefs suck yet?

thurman merman
11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
hell, the Monday night games have been better than the Sunday night games so far.

Sunday night games so far this year:

Saints at Packers
Cowboys at Jets
Eagles at Falcons
Steelers at Colts
Jets at Ravens
Packers at Falcons
Vikings at Bears
Colts at Saints
Cowboys at Eagles
Ravens at Steelers
Patriots at Jets

Other than a couple of games that were ruined by the absence of Peyton Manning, I don't know how you could even compare the two. The SNF have clearly been better than the MNF games overall.

EDIT: According to my calculations, Sunday Night games so far have featured teams with 113 combined wins, and Monday Night games 97 wins. And that's before such upcoming marquee matchups as Rams-Seahawks and Jaguars-Chargers.

boogblaster
11-18-2011, 12:23 AM
f.. the pats and brady ....

Amnorix
11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
I figured it was too late for them too, couldnt remember who they might have had.

It was hardly "only" 13-6, we got killed statistically on everything. They completely exposed just how enept Bono and the offense was, which carried over to our one and done 10-7 playoff loss, which I won't get into per CP and my own personal haunted memories.

Right, I hear ya.

DBOSHO
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Wow just saw the ad with gruden jaws and tirico.

Instead of jaws talking about one team and gruden the other, it was one talking about the patriots defense and the other talking about the offense.

Its appauling the lack of respect we get. They even had something to say about the gabbert-led jags when they played the ravens on mnf.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Instead of jaws talking about one team and gruden the other, it was one talking about the patriots defense and the other talking about the offense.

Its appauling the lack of respect we get. They even had something to say about the gabbert-led jags when they played the ravens on mnf.

The Chiefs are starting a QB that was released from both the AFL and CFL within the last 2 years. There isn't much to say. By the end of the first KC drive they will have run out of things to talk about with regards to the Chiefs.

DBOSHO
11-18-2011, 09:42 AM
If they can talk about the jaguars with their 50 yards/game qb and NO playmakers outside of MJD, they can talk about us.

Nzoner
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Maybe they knew who was going to win that game ;)

SNR
11-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Its appauling the lack of respect we get. They even had something to say about the gabbert-led jags when they played the ravens on mnf.They'll talk about us on Monday. They always do. Gruden will talk about how "gritty" Jackie Battle is or something like that.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-19-2011, 08:44 PM
This game could get real ugly carr and flowers are both ? marks for game

GloryDayz
11-19-2011, 09:23 PM
like what?

I'm still thinking...

GloryDayz
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
At least they didn't all vote for Obama....

Actually, the inner cities of KC and St. Louis did... GDI!!

Shogun
11-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Tyler palko, i love that kid, HE IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER

GloryDayz
11-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Got it..... "The team that broke Tom F'n Brady's knee is coming back for the other leg, and Brady will cry like a B**** again..."