PDA

View Full Version : Football Jets QB Brunell plays Tebow role in preparation for Broncos

bevischief
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8242caba/article/jets-qb-brunell-plays-tebow-role-in-preparation-fo

Jets QB Brunell plays Tebow role in preparation for Broncos

By Marc Sessler NFL.com
Published: Nov. 16, 2011 at 08:51 a.m.
Updated: Nov. 16, 2011 at 02:07 p.m.
Liked: 0 | Comments: 159

Email
Print

Read
Discuss

Many moons ago, Mark Brunell was one of the NFL's more elusive quarterbacks.
NFL Network is your home for Thursday Night Football. Catch all eight games live and in HD.

This week ...
Game: Jets at Broncos
When: Thursday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m. ET
Watch: On NFL Network and NFL.com/LIVE

For a complete Thursday Night Football schedule, go to NFL.com/TNF.

The 41-year-old's mobility no longer strikes fear into the hearts of men, but when the Jets needed someone to play the Tim Tebow role in practice this week, in preparation for Thursday's showdown with the Broncos, Brunell was the guy for the job.

The idea of Tebow unleashing some sort of air extravaganza against Darrelle Revis and the Jets is the stuff of fantasy, but New York does not underestimate Timmy's feet.

Tebow's rolled up 320 rushing yards for an attack that tends to deny the existence of a passing game. As a second-year pro (way back in 1995), a fresher-faced Brunell started 13 games for the newly-minted Jaguars, rushing for 480 yards in the process.

And that's why Brunell was such an asset in practice.

Right?

"I'm left-handed and (Tebow) is left-handed," Brunell joked to The Associated Press on Tuesday, "and that's about it right there."

Flachief58
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Did we not try the same thing last week? Of course the Jets are leaps and bounds ahead of us so it'll probably work out fine for them...

pr_capone
11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
So what... Brunell is just handing off to the RB, running on occasion, and throwing passes at the ground?

Reerun_KC
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
So what... Brunell is just handing off to the RB, running on occasion, and throwing passes at the ground?

and still could pound Crennels defense into the dirt...

PGM
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Did we not try the same thing last week? Of course the Jets are leaps and bounds ahead of us so it'll probably work out fine for them...

I can guarentee they won't play 7 in the box all game. Jesus, what was Crennel thinking :mad:

Rain Man
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
He did not want to do it, but they offered him 5 bucks and a hot meal.

Flachief58
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I can guarentee they won't play 7 in the box all game. Jesus, what was Crennel thinking :mad:

Yeah, the Donks are about to face real NFL defenses at wich point I fully expect the option to be exposed and then shelved forever.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, the Donks are about to face real NFL defenses at wich point I fully expect the option to be exposed and then shelved forever.

Raiders have a decent Defense.

Flachief58
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
meh. we put 14 on em, they can't be that good

Frosty
11-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Raiders have a decent Defense.

I don't think they were prepared for the spread option.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think they were prepared for the spread option.

I'm sure they weren't, but when they started selling out to stop it in the second half Tebow started making throws.

Frosty
11-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm sure they weren't, but when they started selling out to stop it in the second half Tebow started making throws.

It's possible to surprise teams for a game or two but eventually there is enough film that the good teams get it figured out. I suspect that will happen pretty soon to the Broncos.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
It's possible to surprise teams for a game or two but eventually there is enough film that the good teams get it figured out. I suspect that will happen pretty soon to the Broncos.

Sure, maybe so, but its not like we stand to lose more games because of it. We didn't really have anything going on before this. At least we can run the ball now, and that always cheers me up.

Pestilence
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The Jets defense is going to rape Tim Tebow.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
The Jets defense is going to rape Tim Tebow.

Your sexual fantasies disturb me. Why do you hate your mother?

WV
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
How neat....Brunell is just like Tebow, except he gave away all his worldly possessions to bad investments!

Frosty
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Sure, maybe so, but its not like we stand to lose more games because of it. We didn't really have anything going on before this. At least we can run the ball now, and that always cheers me up.

Heck, I hope you guys go 8-8 - miss the playoffs but draft too low to get a real QB.

listopencil
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Heck, I hope you guys go 8-8 - miss the playoffs but draft too low to get a real QB.

Meh. Getting to 500 would be a step in the right direction and it's not like we were going to get Luck or Barkley. I'm hoping we draft a 4-3 Mike, more D-Line depth and we could use a CB.

Frosty
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Meh. Getting to 500 would be a step in the right direction and it's not like we were going to get Luck or Barkley. I'm hoping we draft a 4-3 Mike, more D-Line depth and we could use a CB.

Yeah. I thought the Chiefs going 10-6 last year was a step in the right direction. :doh!:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets lost to the Donkeys. Sanchez is not worse than but he's just as bad as Tebow and is taking the Jets to the same place Tebow is...which is nowhere.