PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ****The Official 2011-2012 Wichita state Repository thread****

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Arrowhead
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Shocks get big news today that they have signed Top 150 recruit Teddy Hawkins. This is with Fred Van Vleet and Cleanthony Early, this may be Marshall best recruiting class since hes been here. Now onto Colorado in Puerto Rico Tip Off

Mr. Arrowhead
11-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Game Day!!!! at 6:30 on ESPNU. Beat the Buffs!!!!

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the game! :thumb:

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I like Marshall. I was hoping Mizzou would give him a hard look.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I like Marshall. I was hoping Mizzou would give him a hard look.

Hush your mouth! :#

I think the guy honestly likes what he has going on at WSU, but I have thought that before.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Shox win 67-58 and get a nit title rematch with Alabama tomorrow at 8 on ESPN 2
Posted via Mobile Device

HotRoute
11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Shox win 67-58 and get a nit title rematch with Alabama tomorrow at 8 on ESPN 2
Posted via Mobile Device

Should be a good one

:thumb:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Should be a good one

:thumb:
Yea it should be, we have to play alot better than we did tonight, 16 turnovers wont cut it tomorrow.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 11:07 PM
LOL is this thread for real?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-17-2011, 11:08 PM

yea why?

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 11:40 PM
yea why?

Wichita State. Really?

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Screw Wichita State. Go Bears!

HemiEd
11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Wichita State. Really?

Yeah, you have a problem with that? Really?

Rooster
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Go Shockers!! Roll the Tide.:thumb:

journeyscarab
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
GO SHOX!

RiversRunRed
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Wichita State. Really?
Your mother sucks cocks in hell

talastan
11-18-2011, 02:34 PM

THIS!!

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Your mother sucks cocks in hell

Your mother licks the semen off the floor when she's done...

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Wichita State. Really?
Yea they arent exactly UMKC LMAO, Wichita State has alot of tradition and they have a very strong fan base that sells out almost every game. They also have a hell of a basketball team.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Kyle Weems mom is a tool [smack talk]

journeyscarab
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Well thats a bummer. Stutz gets into foul trouble early and Mitchell and Green were too much. I like what Hall is bring to the team though!

Bri-man
11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
They have to get more or anything out of Kyles. He was definitely playing disinterested and Marshall could see it. It's put up or shut up SENIOR.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Yea that game sucked for sure, Alabama is gonna be pretty good tho, they are insanely athletic. Both D will and Kyles needs to get their head in the game. Plus 18 turnovers and shooting 33% wont cut it against a team like Alabama. But hopefully the guys learn from it and move it. Bring on Temple 4:30 on Sunday on ESPN 2.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Lets take care of business tonight against Cal St. Fullerton, and then its a big one on Sunday against #18 UNLV

Saulbadguy
12-01-2011, 08:20 AM
mercy reply

journeyscarab
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
GO SHOX!

boogblaster
12-01-2011, 10:59 AM
GO SHOX ....

Mr. Arrowhead
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Shox struggled a little bit last night in the 1st half, but put it to Cal st in the 2nd half winning 75-60. Carl Hall was a downright beast scoring 19 points and 8 boards. We are gonna need to play a full game to beat UNLV on Sunday, should be a an intense atmosphere. Go Shox!!!!

journeyscarab
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Shox struggled a little bit last night in the 1st half, but put it to Cal st in the 2nd half winning 75-60. Carl Hall was a downright beast scoring 19 points and 8 boards. We are gonna need to play a full game to beat UNLV on Sunday, should be a an intense atmosphere. Go Shox!!!!

Agreed! I love what Hall is bringing to the team. We need a standout player to spark the team. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
For any out of towner that dont have cox to watch the game on TV sunday, I guess they will be streaming the game at www.cox96.net

journeyscarab
12-02-2011, 12:32 PM
For any out of towner that dont have cox to watch the game on TV sunday, I guess they will be streaming the game at www.cox96.net

Cool. Thanks for the tip!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
GO SHOX!!!!! Domination over #18 UNLV 89-70. Now thats what im talking about. Joe was insane with 31 points.

Rooster
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
:clap::clap:

Mr. Arrowhead
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I wonder if we will be ranked tomorrow?

RiversRunRed
12-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Great win yesterday

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
well i guess not, we didnt even get 1 vote in the coaches poll

HemiEd
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
well i guess not, we didnt even get 1 vote in the coaches poll

Its early. If they keep playing the way the are, they will get their recognition.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-07-2011, 09:38 AM
we got Tulsa on the road tonight. Im making the 3 hour trip, and will be in the 2nd row behind the shocker bench. Game start is 7 pm and is on cox 22. Go Shox!!!

journeyscarab
12-07-2011, 12:15 PM
we got Tulsa on the road tonight. Im making the 3 hour trip, and will be in the 2nd row behind the shocker bench. Game start is 7 pm and is on cox 22. Go Shox!!!

Go Shox! Have fun!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Sweet game, Shocker Nation showed up and took over the Reynolds center. Tulsa was making shots early and we were down 8, but when it mattered the Senior took over. After the game Coach Gregg Marshall acknowledged the shocker fans that made the trip and gave us a thumbs up.

HemiEd
12-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Sweet game, Shocker Nation showed up and took over the Reynolds center. Tulsa was making shots early and we were down 8, but when it mattered the Senior took over. After the game Coach Gregg Marshall acknowledged the shocker fans that made the trip and gave us a thumbs up.

Beating Tulsa is always a good thing. When I attended WSU, Tulsa was the main rival, especially in football.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Beating Tulsa is always a good thing. When I attended WSU, Tulsa was the main rival, especially in football.

Yea, I was shocked at the lack of support Tulsa has for the basketball program, had just a attendance of 4,000 that showed for the game. Shocker fan were clearly louder. I just remember the days they had Nolan Richardson and Bill Self.

HemiEd
12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Yea, I was shocked at the lack of support Tulsa has for the basketball program, had just a attendance of 4,000 that showed for the game. Shocker fan were clearly louder. I just remember the days they had Nolan Richardson and Bill Self.

That really is poor attendance. Tulsa is a pretty small school IIRC, right? They were always kind of an overachiever.
Oral Roberts actually used to have a better BB program from that town, but haven't heard anything from them lately.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/story?id=7372140&_slug_=mid-major-power-rankings-wichita-state-shockers-claim-no-1-spot&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2fstory%3fid%3d7372140%26_slug_%3dmid-major-power-rankings-wichita-state-shockers-claim-no-1-spot

Wichita State Shockers (9-2)
Gregg Marshall's club debuts atop the tweaked rankings despite a weak few days that included a beatdown of winless Chicago State on Dec. 14 and Sunday night's 102-53 thrashing of the Wichita-based D-II Newman Jets. November's back-to-back losses to Alabama and Temple are the only blemishes on a schedule studded with quality wins over opponents such as UNLV, Utah State and Tulsa. The Shockers are riding high with a senior-laden roster that hustles inside and out. WSU opponents shoot just 26.8 percent from deep, and missed shots are routinely corralled by 7-footer Garrett Stutz, who boasts an excellent 23.7 defensive rebounding percentage.

boogblaster
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
GO SHOCKS ......

journeyscarab
12-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Scored tickets to the Creighton New Years Eve game and taking my son. Looking forward to seeing them play in person at Koch Arena. Anything cool we should check out there before or after the game? We are from Wichita originally, so I am talking about stuff to do/see at the arena. Probably not a chance of getting autographs from the team is there?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-28-2011, 10:34 PM
safe to say Shocks are firing on all cyndiers after tonight dominate performance, which handed Bradley home lose ever, by winning 90-51. Now bring on sCUm on saturday

Mr. Arrowhead
12-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Scored tickets to the Creighton New Years Eve game and taking my son. Looking forward to seeing them play in person at Koch Arena. Anything cool we should check out there before or after the game? We are from Wichita originally, so I am talking about stuff to do/see at the arena. Probably not a chance of getting autographs from the team is there?

Awesome!!! How long has it been since you been to a game?

journeyscarab
12-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Awesome!!! How long has it been since you been to a game?

I think its been over 10 years since I've seen one in Wichita. We've caught a few games here in KC so we are looking forward to this one. I hear its a blackout game?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
I think its been over 10 years since I've seen one in Wichita. We've caught a few games here in KC so we are looking forward to this one. I hear its a blackout game?

Yup wear your black, you should arrive a little early and go to the Shocker hall of fame in Koch Arena, its pretty neat. A couple places to eat near by is the Cajuan Shack, its insane, its right on 21th and Woodlawn. And last be loud!!!!! It sure would be nice to be up 2 games on creighton after saturday.

Edit- If you guys hang around after the game, you should be able to get some of the players autographs.

teedubya
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM

My thought exactly. I was like WTF... ROFL... and I came in and it was all serious. :spock:

:doh!:

journeyscarab
12-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Yup wear your black, you should arrive a little early and go to the Shocker hall of fame in Koch Arena, its pretty neat. A couple places to eat near by is the Cajuan Shack, its insane, its right on 21th and Woodlawn. And last be loud!!!!! It sure would be nice to be up 2 games on creighton after saturday.

Edit- If you guys hang around after the game, you should be able to get some of the players autographs.

Cool! Thanks for the info. We have our black shirts and we'll be ready to go. Its going to be awesome!

journeyscarab
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Well the loss to Creighton was disappointing but being there for a home opener for the first time with my son was incredible! I showed him around the campus and picked up some cool souvenirs you cant get in KC and enjoyed the game. 16 more games...things will improve.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Well the loss to Creighton was disappointing but being there for a home opener for the first time with my son was incredible! I showed him around the campus and picked up some cool souvenirs you cant get in KC and enjoyed the game. 16 more games...things will improve.

yea it sucks, especially losing to Creighton. But we will be fine, we just played a terrible 2nd half, I think we will bounce back. Evansville is next on Wednesday.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Need to bounce back tonight at 1st place evansville

Mr. Arrowhead
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Shox with a nice Road win at Indiana St on ESPNU 75-65. Shox are now 4-0 on the road in MVC play are in a first place tie with Creighton at 6-1. Got at UNI next on Wednesday

journeyscarab
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Shox with a nice Road win at Indiana St on ESPNU 75-65. Shox are now 4-0 on the road in MVC play are in a first place tie with Creighton at 6-1. Got at UNI next on Wednesday
Yep they are looking good!

journeyscarab
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Close one tonight at UNI but the Shox pulled it out at the end. This team is really humming along.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
TOURE FREAKING MURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiveSteam
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Go Jays. Close one tonight

Mr. Arrowhead
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Go Jays. Close one tonight

gotta love the Valley, the 2 most supportive fan bases are in a 2 team race.

LiveSteam
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
For the true sports fan/Its a great lil conference.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Shox only 1 of 3 teams that is undefeated on the road this season. #roadwarriors

journeyscarab
01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
For the true sports fan/Its a great lil conference.

Agreed!

HemiEd
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Shox only 1 of 3 teams that is undefeated on the road this season. #roadwarriors

Loved the absolute blow out of Bradley on the road. The lady Shockers are having a good year as well.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Loved the absolute blow out of Bradley on the road. The lady Shockers are having a good year as well.
As long as we take care of business, the Valley title will come down to the Feb 11th game at Creighton. And yup the lady shox are unbeaten so far in valley play.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
We just handed SIU worst loss in their school history with a 85-42 drubbing.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweet Article on Coach Marshall

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34551166

Marshall grateful he didn't leave Wichita State
Posted on: January 24, 2012 9:18 am
Edited on: January 24, 2012 9:40 am
Score: 141
Log-in to rate:

Log-in to rate:

Marshall has been a head coach since 1997, and only once has he had a team finish under .500. (US PRESSWIRE)

By Matt Norlander

Wichita State is going to the NCAA tournament. Count on that as much you would Syracuse, North Carolina, Kentucky or Ohio State to get to the field of 68. Gregg Marshall has his team performing at the highest of “mid-major” levels once again; his shockers sit at 17-3, on the verge of another 20-win season … yet find themselves an afterthought on the national landscape.

That a team like this isn’t catching eyes and tugging ears isn’t surprising — plenty of three-loss teams from outside the Big Six have yet to get their true do; Murray State will soak up all the non-BCS conference attention so long as that bagel sits on their ledger — but normally such a strong team in the Missouri Valley would command more attention by late January. Perhaps that speaks to first-place Creighton and its First Team All- America-worthy forward, Doug McDermott. We’ve already said, and will continue to say, plenty about the Bluejays.

But for now let’s discuss the Shockers’ not-so-shocking season so far and the man responsible for it.

It’s ironic that Marshall gets so much more attention in the offseason than he does from November to February. Marshall’s become one of the top targets for major-conference jobs. He could have easily not been the subject of this post. He could’ve left Wichita State last spring, after his team won the NIT, or the year before that. He passed on the N.C. State job (with a $1.9 million-per-year contract on the table) and the Texas A&M job and other jobs too. He’s done interview after interview, becoming a guy that’s on many an athletic director’s cherished “list,” should they choose to bail on the current coach in search of the next big one.

“In 13 years as a head coach, every year when you have success — Winthrop or Wichita State — when you have success, something is bantered about,” he said by phone last Friday, one day before his team beat Southern Illinois 85-42 at home. “In nine years at Winthrop, I probably had nine interviews. Maybe two one year and none the other year.”

It’s about timing as much as it is — or, in some instances, isn’t — about money for Marshall. He desperately wanted the Tennessee job that went to Buzz Peterson in 2001. He passed on a particularly tough Big East gig (that was offering more money) in 2007, when he opted to leave Winthrop for Wichita State. Winthrop was willing to name its court after him. But it was only if Marshall agreed to an ironclad 10-year contract, no outs involved.

He couldn’t do it. Loved Winthrop, but didn’t want his options taken away.

Through four and a half seasons at WSU, Marshall’s 99-58 and once again showing why he’s earned all that coveting by the bigger boys each April. He’s thrilled with where he is now, though. And in talking to him, I think the way this season’s gone so far has only enhanced just how happy he and his wife were to make the decision to not leave Wichita last year. What was once thought to be a gamble turned into a no-brainer.

Because he stayed, Wichita State is one of the best clubs from outside the Big Six. Marshall’s got a team with a load of experience but also just enough young guys to keep it unpredictable. Among non-Big Six teams, his point guard, Joe Ragland, is one of the most dangerous offensive weapons at the 1 in the country. Seven-footer Garrett Stutz — who Marshall laments lacks some of “my nasty” when it comes to how he plays — leads the team, by one decimal, in scoring (12.4 per game to Ragland’s 12.3). Stutz is day-to-day with a back injury.

The team has a great win over UNLV. Not only great, but definitive. The Shockers beat the Runnin’ Rebels by 19 in early December. It’s the win that will vault them to a seed line higher than they would have had without the victory.

The winning’s felt good and reassuring, but these days it’s the loss to Creighton that eats at Marshall. It’s like he can’t wait to punch back. The rematch comes in Omaha on Feb. 11. Marshall maintains the Dec. 31 loss was the only game this season when all five of his seasons played poorly simultaneously. The losses to Alabama and Temple in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off? He can’t avenge those two, the only other scratches from the schedule. Creighton’s another story. Creighton’s when Wichita State can get the chance to become the story of the Valley.

“I don’t know that we’re better than Creighton. I think that if we played 10 times, the series would go 4-6, 5-5,” Marshall said.

When I offer up the fact this team is top-20 in points per possession scored and allowed — something that’s never happened with any of his teams before — Marshall is shocked and please. He took the opportunity to reflect on 52 months spent in Kansas.

“When we got here, it was a little bare,” Marshall said. “Mark Turgeon had done a wonderful job. They were eighth-ranked in the country in Christmas of ’06, and then lost 14 out of 22, and it just fell apart. There were transfers, and when l arrived April 14, 2007, we had seven scholarships to give.”

The first year wasn’t good, but it remains the only time Marshall’s coached a team under .500. Since then, the real mark of his work as a coach is shown in the chart below. Every year since his arrival in Wichita, his teams have noticeably, incrementally gotten better in scoring more points per possession and allowing few points per possession, save the minor dip (103.8 to 102.2) on offense from year one to two. It's incredibly tough to get your team to improve like this year each over the course of five seasons. He’s approaching a ceiling, which is a good thing — there isn’t much room left to climb! Currently the Shockers are 14th overall in both adjusted offense and defense on KenPom.com.

Marshall attributes the ever-rising rankings to his change in strategy. Up until two years ago his teams jogged the ball up the floor after a made basket, always running a methodical set play. Now it’s pushing more frequently, evidenced by the 66. 8 possessions per game, also an all-time high for Marshall at Wichita State.

“Maybe I’ve just gotten smarter,” Marshall joked. “Maybe I’m playing more to the strengths of my group than I was earlier in my career. And as for our rebounding, we always say the defensive is possession is not over when the shot is taken. It is only over when you have the ball secure and are now on offense.”

If WSU keeps winning like this, and Marshall’s able to get the Shockers to their ninth NCAA tournament (the first under him), the calls will come again once the season ends. Don’t bank on him leaving, unless an incredible deal comes along. Marshall has coming in what he thinks is the best recruiting class he’s ever assembled. He and his wife would like to see their children graduate from high school in Wichita.
Nevertheless, we're approaching a point where Marshall's work will be noticed as much during the season as after it. He's earned it, and his team deserves the same amount of credit as well.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Shox are FSN KC right now playing, at half time and they are beating Evansville 51-34. Stutz with 15 at halftime.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Shox pull it out 86-74, we remain in a 1st place tie with Creighton at 9-1 and we are 18-3 overall. Off to Drake on Saturday

Rooster
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Shox pull it out 86-74, we remain in a 1st place tie with Creighton at 9-1 and we are 18-3 overall. Off to Drake on Saturday

Braincase
01-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Ditto.

O.city
01-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Is Wstate ranked?

Mr. Arrowhead
01-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Is Wstate ranked?

No we should be, if we win at Drake Saturday, we might slip in at 25 on monday

Ceej
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
The team is playing pretty well.

journeyscarab
01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
GO SHOCKERS!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/time-to-give-wichita-state-some-more-national-attention/

Time to give Wichita State some more national attention

Mike Miller

Jan 26, 2012, 12:05 PM EST
Leave a comment
spt-120225-marshall AP

Love me some Doug McDermott and Creighton. Been on the Bluejays’ bandwagon before the season started and neither McDermott (23.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 50.7 from deep) or Creighton (19-2).

But that adulation has overshadowed another Missouri Valley team deserving of equal praise – Wichita State.

The Shockers might even be the better team.

An 86-74 win against Evansville Wednesday night kept them tied with Creighton atop the conference (both are 9-1) and on target for their first NCAA tournament berth since 2006. WSU has won 16 of its last 17 – including an impressive 89-70 win over UNLV – with its lone loss coming to … Creighton. (One reason why the Jays get more national attention.)

But chew on this: The Shockers (18-3) are one of seven teams whose offense and defense rank among the Top 20 in adjusted efficiency on kenpom.com. The other six? Syracuse, Kentucky, Michigan State, Kansas, Ohio State and North Carolina.

That’s some impressive company.

Much of the credit goes to coach Gregg Marshall, who took over from Mark Turgeon in 2008 and has watched his team improve every season. That’s not just empty praise, either. They’ve gone from 11-20 to 29-8 last season and could hit 30 wins this year. As Matt Norlander notes, the Shockers’ offensive and defensive efficiency has improved every season, a testament to his coaching and his players’ dedication.

From his story:

“When we got here, it was a little bare,” Marshall said. “Mark Turgeon had done a wonderful job. They were eighth-ranked in the country in Christmas of ’06, and then lost 14 out of 22, and it just fell apart. There were transfers, and when l arrived April 14, 2007, we had seven scholarships to give.”

The first year wasn’t good, but it remains the only time Marshall’s coached a team under .500. Since then, the real mark of his work as a coach is shown in the chart below. Every year since his arrival in Wichita, his teams have noticeably, incrementally gotten better in scoring more points per possession and allowing few points per possession, save the minor dip (103.8 to 102.2) on offense from year one to two. It’s incredibly tough to get your team to improve like this year each over the course of five seasons. He’s approaching a ceiling, which is a good thing — there isn’t much room left to climb!

Marshall attributes the ever-rising rankings to his change in strategy. Up until two years ago his teams jogged the ball up the floor after a made basket, always running a methodical set play. Now it’s pushing more frequently, evidenced by the 66. 8 possessions per game, also an all-time high for Marshall at Wichita State.

“Maybe I’ve just gotten smarter,” Marshall joked. “Maybe I’m playing more to the strengths of my group than I was earlier in my career. And as for our rebounding, we always say the defensive is possession is not over when the shot is taken. It is only over when you have the ball secure and are now on offense.”

(Also be sure to check the story for a couple of nifty graphs that help explain what WSU’s done.)

Three big dates remain on Wichita State’s schedule: A Feb. 1 game at Missouri State, a BracketBuster game (opponent TBD) and a Feb. 11 rematch against Creighton in Omaha.

If WSU wins that game, expect a little more national attention to comes its way. But you can say you knew that was due.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Tip off at 8 tonight on FSN KC. GO SHOX!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
01-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Ready to put an ass whipping on the Shuckheads on Wednesday night.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadMagic
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
WSU v Murray St Bracket buster game.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-28-2012, 10:00 PM
What was the final score?

ArrowheadMagic
01-28-2012, 10:12 PM
What was the final score?

tied at 57 . minute 3 in ot

ArrowheadMagic
01-28-2012, 10:13 PM
WSU up 2 53 sec left in ot.

ArrowheadMagic
01-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Lets play 5 more minutes..... double OT

Al Bundy
01-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Highly entertaining game. Refs played a huge part in OT#3. Once Drake got the lead to 2 possessions it was pretty clear they didn't want to go to 4.

ArrowheadMagic
01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
meh. WSU v Murray St will be entertaining ball.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-29-2012, 09:39 AM
uggh, still feel sick after last night game. We just gotta move on, bring on the Bares

journeyscarab
01-29-2012, 10:33 AM
uggh, still feel sick after last night game. We just gotta move on, bring on the Bares

I hear you. ..just gotta move forward.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Highly entertaining game. Refs played a huge part in OT#3. Once Drake got the lead to 2 possessions it was pretty clear they didn't want to go to 4.

I still dont know why they didnt call a charge on Rice on 2nd OT when he lowered his shoulder then dished it off for that 3. Then on the other end they called Carl Hall with a charge when the defender blatantly flopped

journeyscarab
02-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Bears up 36-34 at the half. Come on Shocks time to kick into fourth gear!

journeyscarab
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Way to go Shockers! Kind of pissed away a 12 point lead but finished it and avoided the start of a potential losing streak.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Ready to put an ass whipping on the Shuckheads on Wednesday night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Still waiting??? How does Stutz ass taste?!?!

journeyscarab
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Still waiting??? How does Stutz ass taste?!?!

:LOL::thumb:

Mr. Arrowhead
02-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Shox just got a nice gift by UNI as they just beat creighton with a 3 at the buzzer 65-62. Now let take care of the Trees tonight on ESPN 2 at 9 o'clock, this race is ours for the taking.

journeyscarab
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Shox just got a nice gift by UNI as they just beat creighton with a 3 at the buzzer 65-62. Now let take care of the Trees tonight on ESPN 2 at 9 o'clock, this race is ours for the taking.

Agreed! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
umm WOW!! Creighton just lost their 2nd in a row and for the time being Shocks are in 1st. As long as we take care of UNI at home tomorrow, and then if we can win in Omaha Saturday, we can almost have the Conference title wrapped up, with us being up 2 games with 3 to go. Its there for the taking, do not let up. Go Shox!!!!

journeyscarab
02-07-2012, 10:55 PM
umm WOW!! Creighton just lost their 2nd in a row and for the time being Shocks are in 1st. As long as we take care of UNI at home tomorrow, and then if we can win in Omaha Saturday, we can almost have the Conference title wrapped up, with us being up 2 games with 3 to go. Its there for the taking, do not let up. Go Shox!!!!
Pretty exciting stuff. Hoping the UNI game doesn't end up being a trap game. As long as they stay consistent and play it one game at a time...

LiveSteam
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Creighton has big problems with athletic guards. They turn the ball over constantly & they are ice cold behind the ark. Jays are OVER RATED!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Pretty exciting stuff. Hoping the UNI game doesn't end up being a trap game. As long as they stay consistent and play it one game at a time...

Na it shouldnt especially being a senior laden team, and with UNI just beating creighton, im pretty sure we will have their full attention

Mr. Arrowhead
02-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Creighton has big problems with athletic guards. They turn the ball over constantly & they are ice cold behind the ark. Jays are OVER RATED!
na your just overacting, Creighton still a great team that going through a rough part of the season, it happens to the best of them. Shocks will have to play one of their better game of the season just to beat them.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Now that was a ass kicking, as we whipped UNI 82-57, 1st time UNI allowed 80 points or more in over 2 years. 1st place feels good all by our self. and we can pretty much take this conference with a win over the Blow Jays this saturday. Go Shox!!!!!

journeyscarab
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Now that was a ass kicking, as we whipped UNI 82-57, 1st time UNI allowed 80 points or more in over 2 years. 1st place feels good all by our self. and we can pretty much take this conference with a win over the Blow Jays this saturday. Go Shox!!!!!

Amen! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-11-2012, 07:52 AM
On my way to Omaha!!! Time to take control of MVC!!!! Game is on ESPN 2 at 4 o'clock. GO SHOX!!!!

chiefsfan987
02-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Shockers playing well at Creighton. Finish this one off and they are pretty much assured to win the MVC regular season title. Good for the shocks.

LiveSteam
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Blue Jays suck!

journeyscarab
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
OMG WICHITA STATE SHOCKERS!!!! What a game! Marshall has them hitting all 8 cylinders! I would like to know what douchebag from Omaha had the classy "Remember you live in Wichita" sign? I've been to Omaha and worked there...they don't have much cred as a town to trash Wichita like that.

LiveSteam
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
OMG WICHITA STATE SHOCKERS!!!! What a game! Marshall has them hitting all 8 cylinders! I would like to know what douchebag from Omaha had the classy "Remember you live in Wichita" sign? I've been to Omaha and worked there...they don't have much cred as a town to trash Wichita like that.

I seen that sign. Every team has its douchebag fans. Every city has its douchebags. Its just that simple

Way to fucking go Gregory Marshmallows McDermott. Cant wait to hear you explain this loss away. You were owned like I have never seen in that house

journeyscarab
02-11-2012, 07:59 PM
I seen that sign. Every team has its douchebag fans. Every city has its douchebags. Its just that simple

Way to ****ing go Gregory Marshmallows McDermott. Cant wait to hear you explain this loss away. You were owned like I have never seen in that house
True..
Im surprised... I figured the Jays would be sporting for a dogfight. I knew it would be a tight game but wow.

O.city
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Please god don't let KU run into Wichita State in the tourney.

ChiefaRoo
02-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Please god don't let KU run into Wichita State in the tourney.

Please God let WSU beat KU in the tourney. The in state meltdown would be epic.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-12-2012, 09:51 AM
PURE DOMINATION!!!! Just made it back to Wichita after seeing the BEST GAME EVER!!!! If we dont get ranked now, then we will never be. Now we cant celebrate too long, we got a decent Missouri St team coming on Wednesday. But let finish this thing off!!!! GO SHOX!!!!

Ceej
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
WSU ranked -- first time since '06.

ChiefaRoo
02-14-2012, 08:43 AM
WSU ranked -- first time since '06.

Ranked. Hmmm, anyone wanna bet WSU and KU are in the same bracket? The NCAA guys love them some regional drama.

(KU fan reads this and pees a little bit)
(Silently thinks losing to WSU would shatter self image)

journeyscarab
02-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Ranked. Hmmm, anyone wanna bet WSU and KU are in the same bracket? The NCAA guys love them some regional drama.

(KU fan reads this and pees a little bit)
(Silently thinks losing to WSU would shatter self image)

Do you know how many heads would explode in the KC area alone if that happened (KU losing to WSU)? Of course I was at a major KU fan's house the day UNI knocked KU out of the second round. I just smiled and said "That was a mid-major' that just took you down".

The way the Cats played last night....the Shockers could whip them. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and I'll offer my opinion on beating KU. I'd love to see the match-up, but being a Shocker fan in KU country would be a tough haul if we lost in a beatdown. As brutal as some of the KU fans I know are...We'd never live it down.

Eventhough we beat them in the Elite 8 back in '81. Everyone conveniently forgets that loss.

ChiefaRoo
02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Do you know how many heads would explode in the KC area alone if that happened (KU losing to WSU)? Of course I was at a major KU fan's house the day UNI knocked KU out of the second round. I just smiled and said "That was a mid-major' that just took you down".

The way the Cats played last night....the Shockers could whip them. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and I'll offer my opinion on beating KU. I'd love to see the match-up, but being a Shocker fan in KU country would be a tough haul if we lost in a beatdown. As brutal as some of the KU fans I know are...We'd never live it down.

Eventhough we beat them in the Elite 8 back in '81. Everyone conveniently forgets that loss.

WSU fan has nothing to lose. KU fan would lose their sporting soul.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Game day tonight, against the Missouri state, if we win we at least clinch a share of the MVC title

journeyscarab
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Game day tonight, against the Missouri state, if we win we at least clinch a share of the MVC title

Let's stay focused guys! GO SHOX!

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
The Fuckheads were on fire tonight. Shot fucking 60% from three point tonight.

journeyscarab
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Shockers lit up the Bears tonight! Another exciting game in the books and looking forward to bracket busters on Saturday!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
The ****heads were on fire tonight. Shot ****ing 60% from three point tonight.

Just a normal night for us lately, just ask creighton and uni

HemiEd
02-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Just a normal night for us lately, just ask creighton and uni

It has been a long time coming, sure is nice. Stutz being a 7 foot beast from KC just makes it a little sweeter. :D

Bambi
02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops

Made my latest Final Four picks in this week's SI: Kentucky, Syracuse, Michigan State, Wichita State. You wanna make something of it?

Ceej
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM

Made my latest Final Four picks in this week's SI: Kentucky, Syracuse, Michigan State, Wichita State. You wanna make something of it?

Always got to be someone throwing in a Cinderella team.

WSU has the tools to make a deep run.

I'm already intrigued on what seed they'll be, which bracket, and their first round opponent.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Always got to be someone throwing in a Cinderella team.

WSU has the tools to make a deep run.

I'm already intrigued on what seed they'll be, which bracket, and their first round opponent.

I really believe if they win out, and win Archmadness, then its very possible they can get as high as a 3 seed, although a 4 or 5 is more likely.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-16-2012, 06:45 PM

heres the article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1194907/index.htm

FINAL FOUR TEAMS

KENTUCKY

Youth will be served. The Wildcats may have three freshman starters—including Marquis Teague at the most important position, point guard—but they play with uncommon maturity and poise. More important, this is the best defensive team John Calipari has ever coached (and that includes his New Jersey Nets). That was clear last Saturday night, when Kentucky held Vanderbilt scoreless over the final 4:08 to win 69--63.

MICHIGAN STATE

That 58--48 win at Ohio State last Saturday was no fluke. Coach Tom Izzo's Spartans have been playing smart, tough basketball all season. This is also one of Izzo's better scoring teams. Michigan State ranks 16th nationally in offensive efficiency and is shooting 47.2% from the field.

SYRACUSE

There is no surefire NBA starter on this roster, but the Orange has a collection of talent and leadership that will propel the team to New Orleans. Fab Melo, the 7-foot sophomore center, has improved dramatically from his freshman season, and 6'2" senior point guard Scoop Jardine has all but eliminated the costly miscues that plagued him his first three years.

WICHITA STATE

You'd have to be crazy to pick a midmajor team to make the Final Four, right? Actually you'd have to be crazy not to. George Mason, Butler and VCU have proved in the last six years that the world is flat in college basketball. Now it's Wichita State's turn. The Shockers embarrassed No. 17 Creighton, 89--68, last Saturday to improve their record to 22--4. They also throttled a very good UNLV team in December by 19 points.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
It has been a long time coming, sure is nice. Stutz being a 7 foot beast from KC just makes it a little sweeter. :D

It has been really nice seeing him develop. I know his family somewhat, and Garrett was only 6'4 of so until his Junior year and he grew 8 inches, so really he just now getting use to being the big and dominant man that he should be. I really do think he has a shot at making a NBA roster some day as long as he keep improving his game.

Braincase
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
It has been really nice seeing him develop. I know his family somewhat, and Garrett was only 6'4 of so until his Junior year and he grew 8 inches, so really he just now getting use to being the big and dominant man that he should be. I really do think he has a shot at making a NBA roster some day as long as he keep improving his game.
suer
Same thing happed with Tom Kosich back in the early 80's. Recruited as a guard at 6'3", he grew 6-7 inches over the summer. Lost his coordination, and had no idea how to play the inside. Big mouth, bad player. Ended up as a play by playcolor guy in the 90's .

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Bambi
02-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I will have to check this team out. Give us a heads up the next time they are on TV

Mr. Arrowhead
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I will have to check this team out. Give us a heads up the next time they are on TV

They bracketbuster game on Saturday on ESPN 2 at 11 at Davidson

ChiefaRoo
02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
(KU fan silently prays that WSU is in another bracket)

shitgoose
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
I think this team is better than the '06 team that went to the Sweet 16. They are balanced and have depth. Really excited to see what they can do in the tourney.

I hope they don't lose Gregg Marshall after this year. I know he turned down NC State last year but if they make a good run in the tourney I could see a team from a power 6 conference making him an offer he can't refuse.

ChiefaRoo
02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I think this team is better than the '06 team that went to the Sweet 16. They are balanced and have depth. Really excited to see what they can do in the tourney.

I hope they don't lose Gregg Marshall after this year. I know he turned down NC State last year but if they make a good run in the tourney I could see a team from a power 6 conference making him an offer he can't refuse.

This team is much more athletic than the 2006 team. They're much deeper too.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-17-2012, 12:19 AM

Yup I agree, I feel in 06 we ran in the right set of teams on our way to the sweet 16, but this team is seriously one of the top 10 to 15 teams in the country. As far as Marshall goes, its gonna take a perfect situation for him to go

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Entertaining game right now. WSU up one at the half at Davidson.

arrowheadnation
02-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a sinking feeling about this season. Yeah, it's great that they're winning, but as the wins pile up, I'm also betting that we're seeing the end of the Greg Marshall era in Wichita. Hopefully none of the big jobs come available this offseason or at least no jobs that Marshall would be interested in.

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Foul #3 on Cohen for Davidson could be big.

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
A 9-2 WSU run has them up by 9 with 12:00 to go.

ChiefaRoo
02-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice run by WSU

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 12:35 PM
And #4 on Cohen :)

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
WSU up 10. Davidson is the team that beat KU in the Sprint Center correct?

ChiefaRoo
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Sweet basketball

ChiefaRoo
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Davidson..... Terminated...... That is all.

Old Dog
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Nice win Shockers.

journeyscarab
02-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Shockers baby!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I dare the coaches poll not to rank us, we just take that shit as motivation. You cant tell me this team isnt one of the top 15 best teams in the country right now.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-18-2012, 03:59 PM
o yeah, before i forget congrats to Head Coach Gregg Marshall for his 300th career win, hopefully you have many more, with the Shockers of course!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2012/02/18/a-smart-bracket-will-have-wichita-state-as-its-final-four-darkhorse/

A smart bracket will have Wichita St. as its Final Four darkhorse

Mike Miller

Feb 18, 2012, 5:25 PM EST
Leave a comment
spt-120218-wichitastate AP

The secret’s out on No. 24 Wichita State. Now the only question is how many people will buy into the Shockers as an elite team?

After their incredible second half Saturday at Davidson – WSU hit 20 of 25 shots to pull away for a 91-74 win in its BracketBusters game – they should be a popular pick among Final Four darkhorses. (Seth Davis already has ‘em in his.) They’re 24-4, seemed poised to clinch the Missouri Valley title over a more-heralded Creighton team and are one of the few teams in kenpom.com ratings with an elite offense and defense.

Only six teams – Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan State, Kansas, Syracuse and North Carolina – feature teams with an adjusted offense and defense in the top 20. WSU just misses that (its defense sits at 23), a sign of impressive balance and talent. This isn’t new. But the funny thing is the Shockers aren’t ready to label themselves as an elite team.

“This gives us a quality win and will enable us to move up… if not the top 15, then the top 20,” junior guard Demetric Williams said after beating Davidson. “Hopefully this gets us into the (NCAA) tournament.”

Hopefully? Demetric, you’re in. The only question is how far into the tournament you’re going.

Wichita State starts five seniors in Toure’ Murry, Garrett Stutz, Ben Smith, David Kyles and Joe Ragland, who burned the Wildcats for 30 points, hitting 11 of 14 shots. Throw in junior Carl Hall and Williams, and it’s a rotation with height (Stutz is 7-feet), defensive ability (Murry can guard most any player) and skill (smith and Kyles are solid from outside), not to mention a guy in Ragland who can get hot as well as anyone.

Davidson coach Bob McKillop will attest to that.

“He didn’t miss too many shots. He threatened you from 3-point land. He threatened you from the drive. He threatened you in transition and in half court. He did a nice job of controlling the offense. He was sensational,” he said.

WSU has it all. Now it just remains to be seen if all those pieces can result in something historic come March.

You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.

ArrowheadMagic
02-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Definitely a tough out. Sr led team, type of MVC team that makes the 2nd week of the tourney.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Shox move up to 19 in both polls

journeyscarab
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Shox move up to 19 in both polls

Recognition is great...gotta keep focused on the prize! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Gregg Marshall will be on the Scott Van Pelt show tomorrow between 2-5 on ESPN radio

journeyscarab
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Gregg Marshall will be on the Scott Van Pelt show tomorrow between 2-5 on ESPN radio

Sweet. I'll check it out.

HemiEd
02-20-2012, 03:16 PM
http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2012/02/18/a-smart-bracket-will-have-wichita-state-as-its-final-four-darkhorse/

A smart bracket will have Wichita St. as its Final Four darkhorse

Mike Miller

Feb 18, 2012, 5:25 PM EST
Leave a comment
spt-120218-wichitastate AP

The secret’s out on No. 24 Wichita State. Now the only question is how many people will buy into the Shockers as an elite team?

After their incredible second half Saturday at Davidson – WSU hit 20 of 25 shots to pull away for a 91-74 win in its BracketBusters game – they should be a popular pick among Final Four darkhorses. (Seth Davis already has ‘em in his.) They’re 24-4, seemed poised to clinch the Missouri Valley title over a more-heralded Creighton team and are one of the few teams in kenpom.com ratings with an elite offense and defense.

Only six teams – Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan State, Kansas, Syracuse and North Carolina – feature teams with an adjusted offense and defense in the top 20. WSU just misses that (its defense sits at 23), a sign of impressive balance and talent. This isn’t new. But the funny thing is the Shockers aren’t ready to label themselves as an elite team.

“This gives us a quality win and will enable us to move up… if not the top 15, then the top 20,” junior guard Demetric Williams said after beating Davidson. “Hopefully this gets us into the (NCAA) tournament.”

Hopefully? Demetric, you’re in. The only question is how far into the tournament you’re going.

Wichita State starts five seniors in Toure’ Murry, Garrett Stutz, Ben Smith, David Kyles and Joe Ragland, who burned the Wildcats for 30 points, hitting 11 of 14 shots. Throw in junior Carl Hall and Williams, and it’s a rotation with height (Stutz is 7-feet), defensive ability (Murry can guard most any player) and skill (smith and Kyles are solid from outside), not to mention a guy in Ragland who can get hot as well as anyone.

Davidson coach Bob McKillop will attest to that.

“He didn’t miss too many shots. He threatened you from 3-point land. He threatened you from the drive. He threatened you in transition and in half court. He did a nice job of controlling the offense. He was sensational,” he said.

WSU has it all. Now it just remains to be seen if all those pieces can result in something historic come March.

You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.

That article gives me chills. It has been a very long time since the Antoine Carr era.
Now, hopefully Gregg Marshall will stick around a while and not take the first big time offer coming his way.
I think Stutz will be playing at the next level. He is a very talented 7 footer and has improved tremendously under Marshall.

alanm
02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
They still have a rubber match with Creighton coming in a few weeks.
It's not guaranteed but highly probable. A pissed off Creighton mind you. :evil:

LiveSteam
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
That article gives me chills. It has been a very long time since the Antoine Carr era.
Now, hopefully Gregg Marshall will stick around a while and not take the first big time offer coming his way.
I think Stutz will be playing at the next level. He is a very talented 7 footer and has improved tremendously under Marshall.

Rumor is/ If doc Saddler is fired ?Marshall will be getting phone calls from Tom Osborne asap. I dnt think Marshall is that stupid. But you never know

LiveSteam
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
They still have a rubber match with Creighton coming in a few weeks.
It's not guaranteed but highly probable. A pissed off Creighton mind you. :evil:

Jays will get run out of the GYM again. Jays cant dribble,when they put the ball to the court=turnover after turnover. They have no defense to speak of either

HemiEd
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Rumor is/ If doc Saddler is fired ?Marshall will be getting phone calls from Tom Osborne asap. I dnt think Marshall is that stupid. But you never know

That would really suck, much like Turgeon going to aTm and Fogler going to Vanderbilt.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
The only job opening that would concern me this offseason will be the South Carolina job, Marshall grew up a big SC fan. I have talked to Lynn (Greggs wife) on several occasions, and they love Wichita, and it would take a outstanding job offer for Gregg to take it. It is my understanding that they would like to see their kids graduate High School before moving on, which they have a son Kellen who is a Freshman at Andover High, and a daughter Maggie who is in 7th grade. If Gregg does end up staying, I do think he has a chance to make us the Gonzaga of the midwest.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2012, 10:01 PM

Marshall is not going to Nebraska, I will guarantee that

LiveSteam
02-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Marshall is not going to Nebraska, I will guarantee that

I dnt think so either. You would have to off your rocker to wanna come here & coach BB. Nubs blew a gazillion dollars on new BB facilities. Still no one will wanna come coach or play in Lincoln. & I dont think Toms going to fire Doc.

LiveSteam
02-20-2012, 10:37 PM
& good luck with the rest of your season. I will be pulling for you guys when you are not playing the Blue Jays

Mr. Arrowhead
02-21-2012, 08:10 AM
& good luck with the rest of your season. I will be pulling for you guys when you are not playing the Blue Jays

And same to you guys, im hoping if you guys win both your games this week, we can have 2 valley teams ranked heading into Archmadness

ChiefaRoo
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Jays and Shockers talking nice? DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER...... CRAZY..

Here's Marshall talking about the season.
http://videos.kansas.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=133351201

Mr. Arrowhead
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Coach Marshall on the Scott Van Pelt show

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7598658

Mr. Arrowhead
02-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Jays and Shockers talking nice? DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER...... CRAZY..

Here's Marshall talking about the season.
http://videos.kansas.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=133351201
Cant say I like em, but i do respect the hell out of them, plus I dont hate as much as I did when they had that snake Dana Altman.

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Dam. That finish was more AWESOME! than the bracket buster game. Living on the edge

LiveSteam
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
that snake Dana Altman.

I smell K-st fan

Mr. Arrowhead
02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I smell K-st fan

not at all, I just couldnt stand the guy. BTW congrats on the win last night, that was 1 hell of a game to watch, and it even get more excited for Archmadness. Colt Ryan is a baller btw.

LiveSteam
02-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Yup Colts a ball-er for sure. I thought his last shot of the night was going down.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-22-2012, 04:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/luke_winn/02/21/Magic.Eight/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

Magic Eight: Kentucky, New Mexico among possible national champions

SI.com's Magic Eight Ball finally came back from its manufacturer this week, with a sticker declaring it repaired and a note of apology from the R&D team. Despite their best efforts -- they use some blend of Tiresian Method, divinatory tarot and a predictive algorithm -- their product failed to see Kemba and the kids coming in February. It's been calibrated and is back in working order.

What the Magic Eight Ball does is identify a pool of eight teams that's guaranteed to contain the national champion. Not the entire Elite Eight or the Final Four -- only the champ. That sounds easy, but there's a catch: It can't pick all the obvious options, or simply regurgitate Nos. 1-8 from the polls. A few longer shots need to be included, and the omissions are as significant as who makes the cut. This is what the Eight Ball sees, on April 2 in New Orleans:
THE MAGIC EIGHT (in alphabetical order)

KENTUCKY. How expectations evolve for John Calipari's Wildcats: The 2010 team was a No. 1 seed overflowing with first-rounders, but as the most extreme experiment of the one-and-done era, it was regarded with some skepticism entering the NCAA tournament. (And rightfully so.) The 2011 team had less talent and its trip to the Final Four -- as a No. 4 seed -- was viewed as a nice surprise. The 2012 team is loaded, and anything less than a national championship for Lob U will be a letdown. The Wildcats are this list's lone no-brainer: they're No. 1 in the polls, Kenpom, LRMC, Sagarin and BPI -- leading pretty much everything other than the RPI, which is worthless. A normal team that's this young would have slipped up at least two-three times by now, but the lone blemish on Kentucky's record is a Christian Watford buzzer-beater in Bloomington. The Wildcats are 27-1, have the country's most dominant interior defense, and are still getting better.

MICHIGAN STATE. The current Spartans are more efficient than the versions Tom Izzo got to the Final Four in 2005, 2009 and 2010. They're the most dominant rebounding team in the country, grabbing 57.3 percent of available boards on the offensive and defensive glass. They have a senior leader in point forward Draymond Green who does not seem inclined to let them bow out of the NCAA tournament early. The stats, coach and intangibles all meet the championship standard.

MICHIGAN. The Wolverines are 21-7 and outside the top 10 of the polls, despite having a few big wins on their resume. Remember which team, on the same week last season, was 20-7 and just outside the top 10, despite having a few big wins on its resume? The answer is UConn. (The Eight Ball does have better reasons for picking Michigan, namely that the Wolverines have been playing solid, turnover-creating, low-fouling defense in Big Ten games, and that a late-season surge from Tim Hardaway Jr. could take their offense from good to elite.)

NEW MEXICO. The long shot Lobos haven't had much exposure -- their 20-point win over UNLV on Saturday was their first major network game of the season -- but they're the best team in the Mountain West by a good margin. League Player of the Year front-runner Drew Gordon is as good as any power forward not named Thomas Robinson or Jared Sullinger, and Gordon is surrounded by the most efficient jump-shooting team in America. If the Lobos stay hot into March, they're capable of chasing a title -- and making the casual fan aware of their existence.

NORTH CAROLINA. The Tar Heels are the kind of team that's ripe to be left off a list like this. They've underwhelmed since being voted No. 1 in the AP preseason poll, lost a key rotation member to injury (Dexter Strickland), been saddled with a 33-point loss at Florida State and given up a late home lead against archrival Duke. So why is Carolina here? The preseason poll tends to have as much predictive value as the final regular-season one does; Roy Williams still has seven top-20 draft picks in his starting lineup and one more coming off the bench; and slow starter Harrison Barnes appears to be rounding into All-America form. The Heels have been softer and more inconsistent than the Eight Ball expected, but it can't write them off entirely.

OHIO STATE. The markets are down on the Buckeyes, who've dropped to a season-low No. 8 in the AP poll and are unlikely to be a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. But it's worthwhile to keep in mind that they still have the country's most efficient defense -- one that forces turnovers at a high rate, limits opponents to one shot and keeps fouling to a minimum. Jared Sullinger's offense is just as good as it was during his freshman year, and he's become a better all-around defender due to his weight loss. If William Buford heats up again, as should happen, Ohio State will be the scariest No. 2 seed since UCLA's loaded 2006 squad.

SYRACUSE. The Orange have yet to lose with their full lineup in place, and they have a spectacular (and somehow underappreciated) offense that's not predicated on making threes. They would not be in the title discussion, though, if center Fab Melo hadn't emerged as a shot-blocking, charge-taking defensive force, or if fellow sophomore Dion Waiters hadn't established himself as the country's best sixth man by playing phenomenal D at the top of the 2-3. The Eight Ball isn't overly concerned with the lack-of-go-to-guy issue; the 'Cuse has shown great crunchtime composure despite it, as well as the ability to adapt to any defensive game plan and still thrive.

WICHITA STATE. The Shockers aren't just good for the Missouri Valley Conference this year; they're the best mid-major of the entire efficiency era (2003-onward) and figure to be a dangerous No. 4 or 5 seed. They have strong momentum, as their only loss this calendar year is in triple overtime at Drake, and they should be the NCAA tournament's most senior-laden team* -- one that's building off the experience of winning last season's NIT, too. If Wichita makes it to New Orleans, it shouldn't be considered a Cinderella run.

journeyscarab
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND! Congrats to the Shockers for icing the championship against Illinois State tonight!

O.city
02-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Congrats WSU, from an MSU alum.

We gave you guys a fight or two, but congrats.

journeyscarab
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM

Thanks and yes you did! IMHO...The MVC is a challenging conferernce. There aren't many "gimmie" games. Every week and every game is a challenge.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow feels so good, im proud of all the guys, but especially proud of the guys that have gutted this out for 4 years and that is David Kyles, Toure Murry, and Garrett Stutz. Im enjoying this ride and it is far from over.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Thanks, surprised you guys struggled tonight, but im sure you'll figure it out, Lusk is gonna be a good coach for you guys.

journeyscarab
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow feels so good, im proud of all the guys, but especially proud of the guys that have gutted this out for 4 years and that is David Kyles, Toure Murry, and Garrett Stutz. Im enjoying this ride and it is far from over.

This has been a fantastic season...so much fun to watch and follow. Arch Madness and March Madness are going to be overload!

LiveSteam
02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Congrats Shocker fans.
Cant wait for Arch Madness. I will be listening on a hand held radio & hunting snow geese at the same time.

journeyscarab
02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Watching my mailbox tomorrow for my championship shirt.

http://www.sportstimefanshop.com/marchmadness/2012/wsu/mvc-champ/gear-7x-lg.png

Mr. Arrowhead
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Watching my mailbox tomorrow for my championship shirt.

http://www.sportstimefanshop.com/marchmadness/2012/wsu/mvc-champ/gear-7x-lg.png

Just got back from the bookstore from purchasing my shocker yellow championship shirt

LiveSteam
02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Nice :-(

Mr. Arrowhead
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Shocks yesterday finished off the regular season on Senior Day with a 81-58 win over Drake, to finish off the regular season at 26-4 and 16-2 in MVC play. These shocks have to be one the more dominant teams in the MVC in recent memory, they outscored valley foes by a margin of 15 points a game, which is unheard of in the valley and they outscored their total opponents by around 16 a game. Lets hope we keep it up and do something no other Shocker team has done and win the MVC tourney in Archmadness

ChiefaRoo
02-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Shocks yesterday finished off the regular season on Senior Day with a 81-58 win over Drake, to finish off the regular season at 26-4 and 16-2 in MVC play. These shocks have to be one the more dominant teams in the MVC in recent memory, they outscored valley foes by a margin of 15 points a game, which is unheard of in the valley and they outscored their total opponents by around 16 a game. Lets hope we keep it up and do something no other Shocker team has done and win the MVC tourney in Archmadness

This team has the potential to beat anyone in the tourney . It's going to be fun watching.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Looks like the #15, #16,#17, and #18 all lost this week, so it looks like we may move up, to even #15

journeyscarab
02-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Looks like the #15, #16,#17, and #18 all lost this week, so it looks like we may move up, to even #15

YES! It's nice to see us get some well-deserved attention, even here on CP where its mostly KU, K-State and MU.

Did you make the game Saturday? We streamed it at home and I had goose bumps the whole game! It's a great time to be a Shockers fan!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
YES! It's nice to see us get some well-deserved attention, even here on CP where its mostly KU, K-State and MU.

Did you make the game Saturday? We streamed it at home and I had goose bumps the whole game! It's a great time to be a Shockers fan!

Yup I made it and went down to the court to see the celebration up close and personal. I have some nice pictures I took I will share later. Its a Great Day to be a Shocker!!!

RockChalk
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Hold court the next 2 weeks and you're looking at a 4/5 seed. Put's you in a great position to make a deep run. I've watched you all play a few times this year, and this team isn't some mid-major cinderella. WSU can hang with anyone in the country.

boogblaster
02-27-2012, 09:11 AM
GO SHOCKERS ......

HemiEd
02-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Hold court the next 2 weeks and you're looking at a 4/5 seed. Put's you in a great position to make a deep run. I've watched you all play a few times this year, and this team isn't some mid-major cinderella. WSU can hang with anyone in the country.

this

Stutz gets around like a much smaller person, I love watching him play.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM

All we got left is the MVC tourney this weekend and we are done til the NCAA. As long as we take care of biz in St. Louis, we can go to the NCAA with a nice 29-4 record and top 15 ranking.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
As Promised!!!!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/428230_624416309604_205301765_32594084_1302245320_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421458_624416105014_205301765_32594083_166391933_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430555_624415845534_205301765_32594081_1383022127_n.jpg

And Finally, One of my all time favorite players ever to wear a Shocker Uniform

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423394_624415611004_205301765_32594079_1449928389_n.jpg

Marshall!!!
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/402432_624415191844_205301765_32594071_1149676242_n.jpg

Old Dog
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
#15 in AP, #14 in Coaches

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings

journeyscarab
02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
#15 in AP, #14 in Coaches

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings

:toast:

Mr. Arrowhead
02-27-2012, 12:49 PM
:toast:

Dam Straight, the bandwagon keeps growing week by week.

RockChalk
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Doesn't mean anything, but Lunardi has you as a 5-seed in his latest Bracketology

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

journeyscarab
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Love this

10. Wichita State Shockers
This may very well be the best Shocker team since Xavier McDaniel, Cliff Levingston and Aubrey Sherrod took the floor for Wichita State. Gregg Marshall has a team full of major conference talent, and this team plays hard and together. Toure' Murry is one of the best individual defenders in the country, and he is helping lead the best non-BCS conference team -- and one of the best overall teams -- in the country.
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...-back-top-five

Mr. Arrowhead
02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I like to send a Happy 49th Birthday to Head Coach Gregg Marshall!!!!!

HemiEd
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Love this

How do they leave Antoine Carr's name out of that paragraph?

Speaking of the Shockers, how about Coy named national baseball player of the week?

Coy Player of the week (http://www.goshockers.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=205387871)

Mr. Arrowhead
02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Vote for David Kyles in Dark Horse Dunker, he is in the finals and you can vote once a day.

http://apps.facebook.com/college_slam/

journeyscarab
02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Vote for David Kyles in Dark Horse Dunker, he is in the finals and you can vote once a day.

http://apps.facebook.com/college_slam/

I gave up Facebook for Lent. Is the another way to vote?

Mr. Arrowhead
02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I gave up Facebook for Lent. Is the another way to vote?

nope, as far as I know its the only way, he is currently behind 51% to 49%.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Leave for St. Louis tomorrow morning. Im ready for some Archmadness!!!!

journeyscarab
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Leave for St. Louis tomorrow morning. Im ready for some Archmadness!!!!

Enjoy! Wave as you pass by KC! GO SHOCKERS!

journeyscarab
03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Nice smackdown in St. Louis today! Keep on trucking Shockers!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Shockers representing well here in St. Louis. We play today at 1:30 against Ill St in the Semi's. If its Creighton vs WSU in the finals, it would make for a hell of a atmosphere.

HemiEd
03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Doesn't mean anything, but Lunardi has you as a 5-seed in his latest Bracketology

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

4 in the East now.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-03-2012, 09:48 AM
4 in the East now.

I always thought a top 4 seed is protected, and they would put you somewhere half way close. They could put us in Omaha, nashville, Louisville, or Alberque

chiefsfan987
03-03-2012, 03:40 PM
going down to the wire....

O.city
03-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Whats goin on here? I thought WSU would win fairly easily today.

chiefsfan987
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
wsu loses

Predarat
03-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Shocker in St Louis!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/ncaashocker.jpg

reschief
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I know it sounds like sour grapes to complain about officiating . . .but, really? one team has a player kicked out for flagrant fouls and it's hack & smack, no problem? at least try to make it look like it's even on the calls, ok refs?

journeyscarab
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
We didn't play well. Yeah the Refs jobbed us several times but we let them dictate how we shot instead of dominating.

journeyscarab
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Congrats to the Jays on their win at the tournament in STL. Wished it was a rematch with the Shockers but it wasn't meant to be. Good luck on selection Sunday...good to have two from the Valley in the big dance.

Buck
03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Who did WSU lose to in the tourney? Ill St?

O.city
03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah Ill St by 1.

Great year for the Shockers though, gonna be a tough out in the tourney.

journeyscarab
03-04-2012, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=O.city;8416691]Yeah Ill St by 1.

Great year for the Shockers though, gonna be a tough out in the tourney.[/QUOTE

The last time we lost it was after an 8 game winning streak and then we want on a 9 game streak so maybe its a good thing they lost, they will get angry and focused again.

LiveSteam
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Good luck in the tourney Shocker fans.

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Best part of the trip to St Louis this weekend seeing the Shucks lose. Marshall is such a whiny bitch.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Was hoping Missouri State would have a magical run and make the tourney with a conference championship this weekend.

Oh well not to be. Just couldn't ever win the close ones this year.

Congrats Bluejays and Shockers.

Ceej
03-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Best part of the trip to St Louis this weekend seeing the Shucks lose. Marshall is such a whiny bitch.
Posted via Mobile Device

awfully bitter...

journeyscarab
03-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Classy. :rolleyes:

This from a fan of a team whose season is over. Maybe you and Weems can practice pounding your chests now that their season is over.

ChiefaRoo
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, the best part of the trip to St Louis is the part where you get to leave.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

actually it was when Kyle "Chest pounder" Weems go 1 and done in the mvc tourney on his senior year

O.city
03-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Come on now, Weems was a good player for us. Sorta.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Getting ready to head out to Koch Arena for the Selection show party with the coaches and the team. What seed you think we'll get? Im hoping for either a 5 or 6. 6 might actually be better, so we can avoid a 1 seed until the elite 8

mnchiefsguy
03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Getting ready to head out to Koch Arena for the Selection show party with the coaches and the team. What seed you think we'll get? Im hoping for either a 5 or 6. 6 might actually be better, so we can avoid a 1 seed until the elite 8

I think a 6 would be better, for that exact reason. Hopefully yall get the #6 seed and represent the Valley well.

Zebedee DuBois
03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
That 2nd game is gonna be tough.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Shox tip off against VCU on Thursday at 6:15 on CBS. Time to get some revenge!!!!

journeyscarab
03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Shox tip off against VCU on Thursday at 6:15 on CBS. Time to get some revenge!!!!

Awww Yeaaah! GO SHOCKERS!

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Better open the check book boys - South Carolina head coaching job opened up.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Better open the check book boys - South Carolina head coaching job opened up.
ugggh this job scares the living crap out of me. I do know if he gets offered and declines, then I know Marshall will be at Wichita State for a very long time.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Game Day!!!!! Go Shox!!!! Beat the Rams!!!!!

journeyscarab
03-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Game Day!!!!! Go Shox!!!! Beat the Rams!!!!!

LET"S GO!

HemiEd
03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
ugggh this job scares the living crap out of me. I do know if he gets offered and declines, then I know Marshall will be at Wichita State for a very long time.

As a Shockers fan, I have just become resigned to the fact that our HCs dream job is going to come along.

I just hope he is honest, and not like Eddie Fogler. "Vanderbilt is the only job I would leave for" bullshit.

It is hard to believe this is Greg Marshall's fifth year already.

journeyscarab
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
As a Shockers fan, I have just become resigned to the fact that our HCs dream job is going to come along.

I just hope he is honest, and not like Eddie Fogler. "Vanderbilt is the only job I would leave for" bullshit.

Yeah....I think Marshall would be very upfront about the situation. He has a great recruiting class coming in next season. I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Braincase
03-15-2012, 05:40 PM

For those of you that don't know, I ran track for WSU back in the early 80's. I'll pull for them this time of year and during the CWS. To be frank, WSU pulled some stuff politically that set WSU vs. KU academically that professionally hurt my wife, and WSU was very dishonest in their dealings with the Kansas Bioscience Authority and KU, so that has seriously affected my relationship/enthusiasm for Wichita State. That said, I hope they have a long run. I'll be on their side for as long as they're in the tourney.

chiefsfan987
03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
There you go... a little momentum. Come on Shockers!

ArrowheadMagic
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Has WSU ran an offensive set tonight? Everything has been one on one. Guess there's no reason to take advantage of your inside game.

ArrowheadMagic
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
WSU is the better team. VCU better at making them play their game. Shox lost control of this game early, and unfortunately, none of the coaches have seen this.

baitism
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
WSU is giving VCU way too many good looks.

WilliamTheIrish
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Tough break.

Braincase
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Too bad. Congrats VCU.

LoneWolf
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
As a WSU grad it hurts me to say this, but I never want to hear any Missouri Valley school complain about not getting the respect they deserve again. The Shox looked scared and played like the stage was too big for them. Congrats VCU, wish Smart coached WSU.

ArrowheadHawk
03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
VCU kills Kansas teams.

journeyscarab
03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I think VCU watched the Ill St. game and found our weak spot. We've got to learn how to deal with a very physical and intense competitor without running scared over pressure. What makes this hard
is all the positive press and attention we received in the later part of the season and running up to the tourney. I was afraid we had hit a wall in St. Louis. Good season, exciting ride...sorry its over so soon.

LiveSteam
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
You all still had a great season. So congrats.
I sure was hoping Shockers & Jays could both make it to the second round.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
welp that sucks big time. I officialy hate VCU and we get to play them at their place next year. That 1st half killed us, dont know what our problem was. Now lets hope Marshall stays, if he does I will feel alot better.

Al Czervik
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
WSU had a great season....
Didnt end they way they wanted but it only does for one team...
Congrats Shockers....

HemiEd
03-15-2012, 10:46 PM
welp that sucks big time. I officialy hate VCU and we get to play them at their place next year. That 1st half killed us, dont know what our problem was. Now lets hope Marshall stays, if he does I will feel alot better.

WTF Happened, the game was not on up here? Dammit!

sedated
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
I think VCU watched the Ill St. game and found our weak spot. We've got to learn how to deal with a very physical and intense competitor without running scared

Thats just the way those f**ckers play. Wouldn't be the first time it worked.

Sorry, shockers. I was pulling for you. Always a letdown to see a great season end prematurely.