PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs When(if) / If(when) the Chiefs start a rookie QB next season

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
What players on offense do they need to replace, to help make him succesful?

Fritz88
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Richardson. Lilja.

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
IS this team about as close as it can be or what? For a rookie QB

Priest31kc
^yep. Lilja & Richardson & replace Weigmann with Hudson. That's about it really with Charles & Moeaki coming back.

bevischief
C, RT at a minimum.

Detoxing
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Richardson
Jones
Pope

O.city
11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Richardson. Lilja.

IMO if Charles and Moeaki come back healthy, Richardson and Lilja need replaced along with Wiegmann. I think two of the three will be replaced in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

We need to resign Bowe or franchise him for sure. Pick up a rb,te,lg and we should be ready to go.

Detoxing
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
We need a new RT and depth at tackle. We'll also have no depth at C once wiggy is done. We should be looking at picking up TWO runningbacks. We also need another good TE for insurance reasons as well as running formation reasons. Need to re-sign McClain as well.

O.city
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I know some are pretty doom and gloom right now, but we have alot of really nice pieces on offense.

However, it doesn't matter what we do until we get a qb. That's really all that matters.

SNR
11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Lilja, Weigmann, Richardson, Jones.

We already have Hudson, thankfully, and RBs are a dime a dozen, especially with Battle getting carries and Charles coming back.

Also, let's just cut McCluster and not replace him with anything. That would improve our offense by itself.

aturnis
11-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Richardson
Jones
Pope

This + Lilja & Wegs.

aturnis
11-16-2011, 04:37 PM
IMO if Charles and Moeaki come back healthy, Richardson and Lilja need replaced along with Wiegmann. I think two of the three will be replaced in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

We need to resign Bowe or franchise him for sure. Pick up a rb,te,lg and we should be ready to go.

I mean this.

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
With the QB rules the way they are. A woman might be able to do a decent job at QB. Neighbor lady could wrestle a bull

listopencil
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
With the QB rules the way they are. A woman might be able to do a decent job at QB. Neighbor lady could wrestle a bull

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4e9713606bb3f76a5f000006-400-300/winner-angela-rypien.jpg

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Season tickets

3rd&48ers
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
You fools, Matt Cassel will be your starter next year no matter who you draft

whoman69
11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
replace:
Richardson
Weigmann with Hudson
Lilja

cut:
Jones
O'Connell
Becht

We also could use depth on the line. I'd like to see Gaither get back to form, but that's a big if since he's not ready yet. I'd say the offense is closer to being a complete unit than the defense despite the fact that the defense looks better. Just tells you how important a QB is.

whoman69
11-16-2011, 05:18 PM

And you'll still be an idiot fug up with your underwear a size too big and an everfull drool cup.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-16-2011, 06:05 PM
O-line needs an overhaul, McCluster can take a hike, and they need depth at RB.

That being said, we won't be starting a rookie QB next season. I'm not so sure we don't win the division this year. The whole division is a jumbled up mess.

I'm beginning to really not want Cassel back next year though, so I'd like them to figure out something different. However, I still don't think they will.

Guru
11-16-2011, 06:07 PM
O-line needs an overhaul, McCluster can take a hike, and they need depth at RB.

That being said, we won't be starting a rookie QB next season. I'm not so sure we don't win the division this year. The whole division is a jumbled up mess.

I'm beginning to really not want Cassel back next year though, so I'd like them to figure out something different. However, I still don't think they will.Why would you want to win the division this year? Nothing like getting trounced in the first round yet again. Plus, it will let Pioli think we are still fine.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Let me help you jump off the top of that fence.

@NE
PITT
@CHI
@NYJ
GB

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Why would you want to win the division this year? Nothing like getting trounced in the first round yet again. Plus, it will let Pioli think we are still fine.
He probably already thinks that anyway.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
He probably already thinks that anyway.

I hope so. That would mean he's beginning to let go of Cassel.

HoneyBadger
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
A better coach?

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Why would you want to win the division this year? Nothing like getting trounced in the first round yet again. Plus, it will let Pioli think we are still fine.

I always want to win the division. I'm a die-harder. I won't be heartbroken if we don't though. Plus I give Pioli a bit more credit than that. Rome wasn't built in a day and what not.

I really don't think the team is all that bad off if everyone comes back healthy. Like I said: the O-line needs work, but getting Charles back will take a lot of pressure off of the O-line and QB, whoever it may be next season. Defenses won't be able to pin their ears back on every play.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I hope so. That would mean he's beginning to let go of Cassel.
:spock: I'm not following you on this one.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Let me help you jump off the top of that fence.

@NE
PITT
@CHI
@NYJ
GB

S.D. Still has @ Chi, @ Det, Balt, Buff

Oak still has @ Chi, @ G.B., and Det

Den is still Denver

Plus, we still play Denver and Oakland

No one in this division is strong this year, so I still think it's anyone's game. We definitely have the tougher road though.

Mr. Kotter
11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd start with 3 of the offensive lineman....:doh!:

mdchiefsfan
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM

You know, if they draft a QB in the first round and for whatever reason, Cassel beats that QB out to start next year, I would be fine. But I want to see that they realize this team needs an upgrade at the position. I don't care when they plug in said new QB, because it's only a matter of time. Cassel will be Cassel.

Chris Meck
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Richardson, Wiegmann, and Lilja must all go and be replaced with upgrades.

Then all injured guys must come back and be 100%

Probably not gonna happen.

But IF it did, you couldn't ask for a better situation for a rookie QB: two stud WR's, a stud TE safety valve, a top 3 RB, and a nifty assed slot WR too. Just need to get the line into some kind of shape.