PDA

View Full Version : Football Who should be coach of the year?

Chocolate Hog
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
A friend and I were discussing this he's a huge 49ers fan and says Jim Harbuagh. I told him theres no way anyone else but McCarthy wins it if Green Bay goes 16-0.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I doubt GB goes 16-0. That defense is bound to cost them at least one game.

Chocolate Hog
11-16-2011, 08:41 PM
I doubt GB goes 16-0. That defense is bound to cost them at least one game.

If they do though how does a coach who goes undefeated not get the coach of the year award?

milkman
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Even if the Pack go 16-0 (I tend to agree with Hamas here), they are doing it with a guy that is playing QB better than we've ever seen.

Jim Harbaugh is winning with Alex Smith.

ChiefsCountry
11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Green Bay will lose to Detroit on Thanksgiving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
amazing how quietly GB is running the table

I hear about philly
dallas
san fran
even the pats

no love for the pack?

Marcellus
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Even if the Pack go 16-0 (I tend to agree with Hamas here), they are doing it with a guy that is playing QB better than we've ever seen.

Bamb.

SPchief
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
If they do though how does a coach who goes undefeated not get the coach of the year award?

If the Chiefs win the rest of their games, should Haley be in the running?

The Iron Chief
11-16-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree Jim Harbuagh and McCarthy are most likely getting it but theres a diamond in the rough with Marvin Lewis.

Think about the changes the Bungholes have made in the past yr/2yrs to their roster.
From T.O a couple of yrs ago to Chad Ochocinco.
And of course going with Dalton after standing up to Palmer.

Bengal fans must be having fun right now...though they go up and down like the Chiefs do its short term but somethings being done right over there.

Marcellus
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree Jim Harbuagh and McCarthy are most likely getting it but theres a diamond in the rough with Marvin Lewis.

Think about the changes the Bungholes have made in the past yr/2yrs to their roster.

Bengal fans must be having fun right now...though they go up and down like the Chiefs do its short term but somethings being done right over there.

Lewis was thought to be an idiot until they drafted a good QB. Palmer when he was healthy and good, made the team good.Then he sucked and they sucked.

Now they have legit QB it seems and are winning,

Hmmmmm.

milkman
11-16-2011, 08:52 PM

I don't think Lewis can win it because of that inconsistency.

Brianfo
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM

This. End of argument.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Harbaugh has to get it.

That team was pure trash last year. He didn't have OTA's or an extensive training camp either.

The 49ers also have played just one division game so far. So they will get to play 5 of their next 7 against awful teams.

They'll likely go 13-3. Any first year coach that posts that is going to win coach of the year.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Harbaugh.

McCarthy if they go 16-0.

Long shots - Gailey and Lewis if either of those teams make the post season.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Green Bay will lose to Detroit on Thanksgiving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you really think Gun can stop Rodgers?

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Caldwell

Bewbies
11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
If the season continues the way it has begun it has to be Harbaugh.

ChiefsCountry
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Do you really think Gun can stop Rodgers?

Or slow down just enough. Detroit has the offense weapons to keep up and you give them an edge with a huge home on Thanksgiving for once.

Reaper16
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Harbaugh.

Consistent1
11-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Or slow down just enough. Detroit has the offense weapons to keep up and you give them an edge with a huge home on Thanksgiving for once.

I think this is wishful thinking for people that want Green Bay to lose. The Bears just killed them. i got 36 points from the Bears D/ST in my fantasy league. Stafford was getting his ass beat so bad that he went with a cheap shot and started a brawl. The Bears D is good, no doubt. I think they have a better chance to spoil things than Detroit, they seem to be going downhill to me.

milkman
11-16-2011, 09:28 PM
I think this is wishful thinking for people that want Green Bay to lose. The Bears just killed them. i got 36 points from the Bears D/ST in my fantasy league. Stafford was getting his ass beat so bad that he went with a cheap shot and started a brawl. The Bears D is good, no doubt. I think they have a better chance to spoil things than Detroit, they seem to be going downhill to me.

The Lions have no running game, they play a stupid defensive scheme, and Matt Stafford, while talented is still inexperienced, having missed so much time to injury.

They're a team on the way up, but they aren't there yet.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2011, 09:48 PM
The Lions have no running game, they play a stupid defensive scheme, and Matt Stafford, while talented is still inexperienced, having missed so much time to injury.

They're a team on the way up, but they aren't there yet.

heh, yea i noticed they keep getting gashed in the run game. Im shocked!

Buehler445
11-16-2011, 11:12 PM
heh, yea i noticed they keep getting gashed in the run game. Im shocked!

Can they cover a bootleg?

cdcox
11-16-2011, 11:40 PM
The Texans will fall off without Schaub, but they were on track for a 12 or 13 win season and a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. Kubiak deserves some consideration.

But in the end, I agree that Harbaugh should get it.

Miles
11-17-2011, 12:03 AM
The Texans will fall off without Schaub, but they were on track for a 12 or 13 win season and a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. Kubiak deserves some consideration.

But in the end, I agree that Harbaugh should get it.

More of the credit for the Texans should probably go to Phillips who has made a massive difference with that defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 01:08 AM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" data="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="id=8a250ba1331cfd6c013327a1afa10243" /><embed src="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="id=8a250ba1331cfd6c013327a1afa10243" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BryanBusby
11-17-2011, 02:26 AM

While Mike Brown isn't exactly the role model (like at all) on how to run a NFL franchise, they really have made more good than bad decisions lately.

They went out and got a young QB and put him in a position to have a positive experience right from the start, while Clark and Scott went the easy route and threw their QB into a dumpster fire.

In the Bengals (coaching) case, a lot of the credit really need to go to Defensive Coordinator Mike Zimmer. He's taken a lot of young talent and has overachieved like crazy with it. If Todd Haley gets canned, Zimmer would be at the top of my list for his replacement. Oh and unlike Todd, Zimmer isn't a candidate with a short track record as a coordinator.

Fritz88
11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Jim Marvin or Chan.

milkman
11-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Jim Marvin or Chan.

Buffalo Bills have fallen back to Earth.

BoneKrusher
11-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Harbaugh

brett
11-19-2011, 05:23 PM
mccarthy is gonnaa winn no sense in arguing it..

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Jim Caldwell. He's insuring the future of his team more than anyone else.