PDA

View Full Version : Gore's value moving forward...

The Bad Guy
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I could get Frank Gore right now for Hakeem Nicks, but I'm hesitant. I have Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Miles Austin and Laurent Robinson at WR. DeMarco Murray, James Starks, LeGarrette Blount at RB.

The reason I'm weary is Gore's current injury and the fact the 49ers might shut him down for a while since they have a huge lead.

What do you think Gore's value is moving forward?

Direckshun
11-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I really don't know. The Saints are only a game and a half behind them for the first round bye.

I suspect we see almost nothing from him this week against the Cards. After that, assuming he recovers quick enough (I know...), he'll be back to a full load.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
I was just offered another deal consisting of Darren Sproles for Eric Decker and Laurent Robinson.

Losing Robinson this week would leave me with garbage as my WR3, but I could pickup Donald Jones, who should be a WR1 with Stevie Johnson out.

I'm leaning toward doing it. Sproles is a PPR machine.

Dicky McElephant
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
I would do it. The Sproles deal that is.

sedated
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I was just offered another deal consisting of Darren Sproles for Eric Decker and Laurent Robinson.

Losing Robinson this week would leave me with garbage as my WR3, but I could pickup Donald Jones, who should be a WR1 with Stevie Johnson out.

I'm leaning toward doing it. Sproles is a PPR machine.

Decker is not really a fantasy option with Tebow throwing him the ball, and Robinson will be back on the bench once Austin comes back.

The Bad Guy
11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Took the Sproles deal. Got Devone Bess with Sproles for Decker and Robinson.

Then I flipped the Texans D for Jerome Simpson so I had a decent 3rd WR this week. He should be OK with Green out.

The Iron Chief
11-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Gores been nothing but a headache for me this yr.
His points go up and down like a rollercoaster.
One week he gets me 6 points the next 18 it happens so often I've thought about benching him at times.
He is predicted to have a great game next week but after that two bad games.

You made the right choice imo

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I dumped Gore for McFadden the weekend DMC got hurt in my keeper league. The guy needed a RB for his playoff run and the team I took over was the last place squad so I was building for next season.

Damn that was a nice deal. Gore has a lot of miles on the ol' odometer and I think the time to sell was right around week 8.