11-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Heard he was arrested for DWI last night

Huffman83
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
In Columbia?

Al Bundy
11-17-2011, 08:45 AM
In Columbia?

Yes, just heard it on the radio. Can't find a link on KOMU's site yet.

blaise
11-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I'm seeing tweets about it now from KOMU.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
LMAO. Nice pick up SEC.

Al Bundy
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.komu.com/news/gary-pinkel-arrested-for-dwi/

Brock
11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
LMAO

KCrockaholic
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
...Not a fan of this being during the season. In the offseason it might be one thing to go out drinking if you don't have stuff going on. Although I don't condone his actions considering he could have killed someone. Come on Pinkel, you have to be above that at this point.

DJ's left nut
Fuuuu*******

the Talking Can
ha ha

Hays
11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
dumb, just dumb. Like he can't afford a cab

DMAC
11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Will the mug shot be as epic as LaRussa's?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Pinkel joins the celebrity drunk bus.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
So championship next season like TLR?

evenfall
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Dumb.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
:facepalm:

Inexcusable at his age.

LiveSteam
11-17-2011, 09:27 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/376411_10150395622434214_113587894213_8118295_631048256_n.jpg

NiceLMAO

evenfall
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
BAC?

LiveSteam
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Im willing to trade you 1 Becktastic for 1 Garyboozer

KCUnited
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Calling a cab would've required an adjustment to his game plan.

Old Dog
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM

Inexcusable at his age.

Inexcuseable at ANY age IMO. If you're responsible enough to drink, be responsible enough that you don't get behind the wheel. Immaturity is no excuse for stupid.

Old Dog
11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
For the record, I'm not blasting him because he's a Mizzou guy. I would be blasting Gill if he had too much sacramental wine and got behind the wheel too.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
The more I think about this the worse it is - LaRussa was the manager of a team of adult professional athletes. Pinkel is the coach of a team of college kids. We all know that everybody starts drinking long before they hit 21, and I'm sure the kids on the MU football team are no exception, but somebody in his position should be held to a higher standard and be expected to set an example.

What would happen to one of his players if he got nailed for a DWI?

If he ends up getting shitcanned over this, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Good excuse to clean house and perhaps bring in a staff that can coach well on Saturday as well as the other six days of the week.

Gonzo
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
The more I think about this the worse it is - LaRussa was the manager of a team of adult professional athletes. Pinkel is the coach of a team of college kids. We all know that everybody starts drinking long before they hit 21, and I'm sure the kids on the MU football team are no exception, but somebody in his position should be held to a higher standard and be expected to set an example.

If he ends up getting shitcanned over this, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Good excuse to clean house and perhaps bring in a staff that can coach well on Saturday as well as the other six days of the week.

Fucking this...

Time for a change.

JASONSAUTO
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM

when i googled pinkel dwi it came up with a ton of articles about pinkel taking the law into his own hands over a dwi that washigton got... hypocrite

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 09:41 AM
LMAO. Nice pick up SEC.

Hey, he was probably just trying to get used to "moonshine" and it was a little stronger than expected. Has to fit in, you know.

DJ's left nut
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
He would have set a kid down for the rest of the regular season. He needs to do the same thing to himself.

So long, DGB and probably Boehm as well. Just absolutely assinine and likely incredibly damaging.

Frazod
Inexcuseable at ANY age IMO. If you're responsible enough to drink, be responsible enough that you don't get behind the wheel. Immaturity is no excuse for stupid.

It is, but it's something many of us have done at one point or another. Kids are stupid and irresponsible and that's just a fact of life. Most of the time you get through that phase without killing yourself or anybody else - sometimes not. Sure, I am at that GET OFF MY LAWN age now, but I'm not enough of a hypocrite to automatically damn everybody who makes the same stupid mistake at a young age that I did myself, many times.

However, stupid shit like this is something that a person should outgrow quickly. I don't know how old Pinkel is, but I assume he's at least in his 50s. That point should have come for him decades ago.

eazyb81

They get suspended for a game, just like Pinkel will probably sit out this week's game.

For f#ck's sake, he got a DUI, he didn't rape someone. Yes it is unfortunate but firing him over this would be ridiculous, and there is 0% chance that happens.

blaise
11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
I wonder if he made a jailhouse tape.

kstater
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Cops must of had SEC speed.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
For the record, I'm not blasting him because he's a Mizzou guy. I would be blasting Gill if he had too much sacramental wine and got behind the wheel too.

Gill doesn't do a lot of things GP does, like consume alcohol or win football games sometimes. ;)

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
They get suspended for a game, just like Pinkel will probably sit out this week's game.

For f#ck's sake, he got a DUI, he didn't rape someone. Yes it is unfortunate but firing him over this would be ridiculous, and there is 0% chance that happens.

Do you really think him getting a DWI is the same as one of his players getting one? Really?

Braincase
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
M - I - Z !

blaise
11-17-2011, 09:49 AM
If it's his first then I would say people make mistakes. A short suspension, I guess. It's not something he should be fired over, I don't think.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM

So, months from the trip to the SEC, you want to run off the one person who is most responsible for that opportunity and the one who is most important to making it work. Over something that nobody ever gets fired over.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I guess the good news is he's given all our downtrodden butthurt beaker friends something to feel good about. :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
MU doesn't win national championships, but they do get DWIs. That's the only thing they're better at than KU.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Do you really think him getting a DWI is the same as one of his players getting one? Really?

It looks worse but it is no different in my mind.

And agree or not, but his BAC level will tell a lot to me. Most people can have two beers and feel perfectly fine, but are likely over the .08 limit.

It sucks it happened, but that doesn't make him a terrible person IMO or just cause for him losing his job.

blaise
MU doesn't win national championships, but they do get DWIs. That's the only thing they're better at than KU.

And winning football games.

Frazod
So, months from the trip to the SEC, you want to run off the one person who is most responsible for that opportunity and the one who is most important to making it work. Over something that nobody ever gets fired over.

Let's be honest here - it's not like he's Bear Bryant.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 09:53 AM

:LOL:

gblowfish
Guess we don't have to worry about him being hired away by Ohio State or Penn State now.

BTW: He hasn't been found "guilty" yet. I'm sure the good ole boys in the Boone County Legal Circle will find a way to plead this down.

I think he'll "bench" himself for the Texas Tech and KU game. Come back and coach a minor bowl, if they get one. I'm going to the Texas Tech game this Saturday. I'll make sure to hoist a few in a Broadway Bar in Pinkel's honor.

BTW: When I was in school, Warren Powers was the head coach. My room mate was a waiter at the Columbia Country Club, and served him drinks on a weekly basis. Powers used to get wobbly kneed WASTED in there constantly. But he had a driver, and never got in trouble. It's not a problem if you want to get drunk. It's only a problem if you get behind the wheel. Then you become a criminal.

eazyb81
Let's be honest here - it's not like he's Bear Bryant.

He's not Turner Gill either.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM

KU is much better at ticket scalping.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team for DWI. It's a little more serious than you think. I don't think Pinkel should be fired, but this is not excusable and comes at a very bad time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 09:56 AM

That's not attempted murder like a DWI basically is.

It's better that this happened for you guys. You needed a change. Now your "football program" can possibly go from average to slightly above average with a new head coach...just maybe.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team for DWI. It's a little more serious than you think. I don't think Pinkel should be fired, but this is not excusable and comes at a very bad time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team for drugs, not for a DUI.

Will Ebner got a DUI in summer 2010 and played.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
And winning football games.

That's like comparing Spam burger to Sizzler. Both suck, but one does suck quite a bit more.

blaise
11-17-2011, 09:58 AM

It's better that this happened for you guys. You needed a change. Now your "football program" can possibly go from average to slightly above average with a new head coach...just maybe.

True, and KU can keep aspiring to go from far below average to just mediocre.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
He's not Turner Gill either.

Yeah, that's the guy I want to start my coach comparisons with. :spock:

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
If it's his first then I would say people make mistakes. A short suspension, I guess. It's not something he should be fired over, I don't think.

Was he just slightly over the limit, or was he drooling and passed out at a stoplight Larussa style? I think there is a difference there. I am one of those who feels .08 is not a very good standard. .08 falls in the range where you can feel fine and actually be fine, but you could still be surprised by the bracelets.

That's not to say anyone ever has an excuse. But if you are right there around the limit, the mistake can be made. That is why I was interested in what the BAC was.

Dr. Gigglepants
Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team for drugs, not for a DUI.

Will Ebner got a DUI in summer 2010 and played.

Not saying you're wrong, but it was definitely reported as a DWI, and I did a Google search before that post to make sure I was remembering it right, and they all came back DWI. But you do seem to be more in the know on mizzou stuff than most.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod

DWI is attempted murder? Really?

The adults are talking. Go play with your dolls.

Reerun_KC

Great another KU vs MU ballsack licking thread...

eazyb81
That's like comparing Spam burger to Sizzler. Both suck, but one does suck quite a bit more.

ku is 1-21 in your last 22 Big 12 games.

Suck doesn't come close to describing how shitty your program is.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
DWI is attempted murder? Really?

The adults are talking. Go play with your dolls.

It should be treated as such... Its a horrible stupid act of mental retardation.

eazyb81
Yeah, that's the guy I want to start my coach comparisons with. :spock:

Yet you started by comparing him to the best football coach of all-time.

Reerun_KC

And what does this have to do with drinking and driving?

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Bullshit

Actually it is completely true.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Do you honestly think KU was scalping tickets? The University of Kansas lost like 2 million dollars as a result of those tickets being stolen. Why would you say something as dumb as that?

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Dramatic much?

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
M - I - Z !I'm trying understand this response. I mean, I guess someone could have posted "SEC!" when Kentucky beat KU, but nobody did because MU fans aren't that desperate for attention.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Actually it is completely true.

Well, it wasn't when I received my education on the matter. It was three, in fairly short order.
I don't want to get into a Mizzou/KU pissing match over this, so I deleted my post.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm trying understand this response. I mean, I guess someone could have posted "SEC!" when Kentucky beat KU, but nobody did because MU fans aren't that desperate for attention.

ROFL

this totally cracked me up.. Well done sir!

Bambi
wow, great time for the Pinkel haters to try and get him out of there.

These types of things happen but they sure are terrible for people who are to be considered "role models".

eazyb81
Not saying you're wrong, but it was definitely reported as a DWI, and I did a Google search before that post to make sure I was remembering it right, and they all came back DWI. But you do seem to be more in the know on mizzou stuff than most.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4430003

Friday's arrest was Dalton's second in Columbia, Mo., in four months. On April 30, he was arrested by Columbia police who found 10 pills of Hydrocodone, a prescription painkiller, and an unopened beer can during a traffic stop of his car.

Reerun_KC
Can we hire Pinkel at KU when MU fires him?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2011, 10:08 AM

LMAO you have the same amount of national championships as we do in football. What's sad is your school is a "football school" and you don't have shit to show for it. Mizzou's "football program" is amazing. Win a national championship in something, and until then, just shut the fuck up.

blaise
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
LMAO you have the same amount of national championships as we do in football. What's sad is your school is a "football school" and you don't have shit to show for it. Mizzou's "football program" is amazing. Win a national championship in something, and until then, just shut the **** up.

They can generally watch football games without having to turn the TV off at halftime.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Yet you started by comparing him to the best football coach of all-time.

Yeah, I sort of aspire to have a really good coach, as opposed to one who couldn't make a half time adjustment to save his life or ices his own kicker.

L.A. Chieffan
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
he'll be fine, DWIs really dont mean anything. small fine, quick public appearance or two and nobody will remember this next season

DJ's left nut
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
At least the mitigating factors seem to be falling in his favor. Sounds like he had one too many drinks with dinner and screwed up a turn down on Broadway.

At least he wasn't blitzed at 3am or anything.

Thank God they don't negative recruit in the SEC...shit.

L.A. Chieffan
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
exactly, he didnt plow down any little kids or potential recruits or anything.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
LMAO you have the same amount of national championships as we do in football. What's sad is your school is a "football school" and you don't have shit to show for it. Mizzou's "football program" is amazing. Win a national championship in something, and until then, just shut the **** up.

sedated
11-17-2011, 10:23 AM

um...its not, really.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
um...its not, really.
Just curious, But what if he hit someone?

What could that be called?

I guess Leanord Little set the Drinking and Driving standard in MO? Its not really murder when you kill someone?

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:27 AM
LMAO you have the same amount of national championships as we do in football. What's sad is your school is a "football school" and you don't have shit to show for it. Mizzou's "football program" is amazing. Win a national championship in something, and until then, just shut the fuck up.

By the way, douche, 2008 was a few years ago - championship avatars should be current. Check mine as an example.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:31 AM

You are really feeling self conscious, aren't you?

Mizzou fans are already thinking of your conference and the silly comparisons as part of the past. Just let it go. Sure the games may continue if you guys aren't afraid of scheduling them, but are you going to keep ringing the "least we aren't MU!" bell anytime your school is down? Pretty sad. You need to develop a new coping mechanism. "Least we aren't KSU"? "At least we aren't Oklahoma?" "At least we aren't Texas?"

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:34 AM
You are really feeling self conscious, aren't you?

Mizzou fans are already thinking of your conference and the silly comparisons as part of the past. Just let it go. Sure the games may continue if you guys aren't afraid of scheduling them, but are you going to keep ringing the "least we aren't MU!" bell anytime your school is down? Pretty sad. You need to develop a new coping mechanism. "Least we aren't KSU"? "At least we aren't Oklahoma?" "At least we aren't Texas?"

What do conference affiliations have to do with having championships? He stated a fact - your school has not won anything meaningful. Ever.

sedated
11-17-2011, 10:36 AM

I guess Leanord Little set the Drinking and Driving standard in MO? Its not really murder when you kill someone?

Yeah, what about the girl putting on lipstick in the mirror? The guy texting? The fatty eating a hamburger? Have you ever had people in your car and talked to them? What if you hit someone doing any of those things?

I get that drinking impairs driving ability, and it’s a complete shame that people have died as a result of drunk driving (in fact, I was 1/2 second away from dying at the hands of a drunk driver a few years ago), but just because someone gets a DUI does not mean they were slobbering drunk and a menace on the roads. He could have been at 0.081. That’s drinking your glass of wine a little too fast. It is not a cause for someone to be castrated, it doesn’t mean he’s a raging alcoholic, and it doesn’t make it “attempted murder”.

But this is the age of the internet – agreeing with the angry mob and jumping to conclusions is always more popular.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:37 AM
What do conference affiliations have to do with having championships? He stated a fact - your school has not won anything meaningful. Ever.

I did not dispute the fact that KU has won national basketball championships. I simply stated that he will need to find a new coping mechanism. It's not good to live life fixated on the rearview mirror.

sedated
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Lol, its become the crux of any and every meth-u argument - "SEC! SEC! SEC!"

"The weather looks pretty bad tomorrow"
"Not in the south! SEC! SEC! SEC!"

Dartgod
11-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Since the discussion is about the football coach, then neither has yours.

BourbonMan
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
New press release.

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2239

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM

What arguments? According to KU fans, the schools shouldn't play anymore. If there are no games then the rivalry has ended. Why should Missouri fans waste time worrying what fans of a basketball school in another conference think of them?

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Neither has ku, yet Mizzou is going to get paid tens of millions more every year for playing the exact same sports. No one cares about your shit school or state.

Backwards Masking
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
You can take the dirtbag out of the conference, but you can't take the dirtbag out of Mizzou!!!

F*cking classic, first impressions are everything, LOL. First thing one of their Main Faces does is get a DUI after the move is declared Official before even a single whistle blows.

Great choice SEC, you should be proud. Expect nothing but more of the same, along of couse with a bunch of Easy Wins.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 10:50 AM
One thing I think we are all missing is that the legal limit is higher in the SEC.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah, what about the girl putting on lipstick in the mirror? The guy texting? The fatty eating a hamburger? Have you ever had people in your car and talked to them? What if you hit someone doing any of those things?

I get that drinking impairs driving ability, and it’s a complete shame that people have died as a result of drunk driving (in fact, I was 1/2 second away from dying at the hands of a drunk driver a few years ago), but just because someone gets a DUI does not mean they were slobbering drunk and a menace on the roads. He could have been at 0.081. That’s drinking your glass of wine a little too fast. It is not a cause for someone to be castrated, it doesn’t mean he’s a raging alcoholic, and it doesn’t make it “attempted murder”.

But this is the age of the internet – agreeing with the angry mob and jumping to conclusions is always more popular.

Angry mob?

For what?

Being stupid regardless of who you are, has zero bearing on school affliations or an angry mob...

All people who drink and drive regardless of the levels. If you get caught, you could run the risk of being charged as "attempted murder" . In theory you would be attempting it by driving.

and where did I say he was slobbering drunk?

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Sort of like KUnts trying to make every football thread about basketball.

This shit never gets old. LMAO

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Whats even worse is this isnt about football or basketball, Its a about a DWI...

Yeah the shit never gets old...

Sannyasi
11-17-2011, 10:54 AM
At least the mitigating factors seem to be falling in his favor. Sounds like he had one too many drinks with dinner and screwed up a turn down on Broadway.

Thank God they don't negative recruit in the SEC...shit.

Attempted MURDER

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2011, 10:55 AM

Thank God they don't negative recruit in the SEC...shit.Eh, I don't care. This is something you don't do. Period. I like Pinkel a lot, but this is beyond stupid.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Myth.

Reerun_KC
Eh, I don't care. This is something you don't do. Period. I like Pinkel a lot, but this is beyond stupid.

This...

Its nothing more than a stupid choice that he probably really regrets...

FringeNC
Would there be the same outrage if he had been texting and driving? It should be worse, because studies indicate much high levels of impairment when texting as opposed to driving while intoxicated.

Here's one such study:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/texting-while-driving-how-dangerous-is-it-the-results-page-2

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I honestly would like to know how many people have NEVER EVER in their life had a couple of drinks somewhere and then drove. A lot of hypocrites around these here parts.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Angry mob?

For what?

Being stupid regardless of who you are, has zero bearing on school affliations or an angry mob...

All people who drink and drive regardless of the levels. If you get caught, you could run the risk of being charged as "attempted murder" . In theory you would be attempting it by driving.

and where did I say he was slobbering drunk?

Are you serious with this? Have you never gone to meet a buddy at a bar for a beer and then drove home? What are you, 80 years old?

I am not excusing anything, but I think you are being over the top dramatic in saying every person who drinks and drives is stupid. You either are a hypocrite or don't drink alcohol. And I would be saying the same thing if it was Bill Self instead of Pinkel.

Dayze
11-17-2011, 11:00 AM
M - I - Z !

D-U-I !

:evil::p

BourbonMan
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Are you serious with this? Have you never gone to meet a buddy at a bar for a beer and then drove home? What are you, 80 years old?

I am not excusing anything, but I think you are being over the top dramatic in saying every person who drinks and drives is stupid. You either are a hypocrite or don't drink alcohol. And I would be saying the same thing if it was Bill Self instead of Pinkel.

THIS^^^:thumb:

SuperChief
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
2 in the Pinkel, 1 in the Drinkel.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Eh, I don't care. This is something you don't do. Period. I like Pinkel a lot, but this is beyond stupid.

Those girls in your avatar are premeditating right now.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Myth.

You must be new here.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Would there be the same outrage if he had been texting and driving? It should be worse, because studies indicate much high levels of impairment when texting as opposed to driving while intoxicated.

Here's one such study:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/texting-while-driving-how-dangerous-is-it-the-results-page-2

No, because we don't have decades of people getting killed in texting accidents yet, like we do DWI's. This is a huge fail and embarrassment no matter who you try to down play it.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
I honestly would like to know how many people have NEVER EVER in their life had a couple of drinks somewhere and then drove. A lot of hypocrites around these here parts.

I think we all have. There isn't any excuse though, and the head football coach needs to adhere to a higher standard.

Brock
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM

I agree mostly, but when you're a person of that caliber, you have somebody else drive, IMO.

Holladay
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I got busted for a DUI last summer. But I wasnt drunk. My son (13yrs) and I linked up with a buddy to carpool to the races in south Topeka. It was a 1.5 hour drive. At the races, I had 3-4 beers. Stopped drinking at 9:30. Races were done at 11:00. He drove us back to the car by 12:30am. I had just gotten out of town, looked down to set my cruise, was doing 71 (in a 65). Just as I was gonna slow down a bit, Cop clocked me.

Keep in mind, I live in the country. Thus I prolly was the only car he had seen for miles:(
As He checked my registration etc, I'm steaming. Son and I were tired and this was a waste of time. Here's my bust, didn't even think about the beers 3 hours before. I wasnt drunk. As the cop was giving my stuff back, evidentally to let me go, I asked "do you always pull people over at 71?" OOPS.

Now the Cop goes into the power trip "CWAB"...cop with a badge. "I think I smell alcohol, step outta the car". Did the field test fine. Then had me blow in the cruiser. It was .089. Read me my rights, cuffed me. All the while my son was watching out the back window.

The bac taken from the cruiser is not submissable in court. It just gives probable cause. So off to the hospital we go for blood work. The Cop can use one of two methods to establish BAC: blood or blow in the Breathalizer 2000 down at the station. By law he offers you only one. It's not a choice. He knew I was close and that we would have to wait 20 min more to blow because the law wants to make sure you hadnt had a piece of gum or whatever to throw the breath test off. He wanted a DUI bust.

Once at the station, I was charged on the suspision of DUI. Since I had a minor in the car, I was also charged with Child Endangerment. With a DUI charge, I could have post $500 bucks and be on my way. But with the Child Endangerment charge, it required a judges consent to be released. It was now 2:30am Sunday morning. I have judges as clients, but wasnt gonna bug them at that time in the morning. I figured the wife could call them later.

The tale of jail is another story.

My name was in the paper, Holladay, booked into jail for DUI and Child Endangerment

BTW...it takes 2+ months for KBI to test blood:(

Thus I had to wait and talk to the prosecuting judge every month....still no blood....still no blood. Was I over .08?? Was I .079??..I took 30 min from the blow in the cruiser to the blood at the hospital. How accruate was the first blow?? How am I going to get to work the first month when I wont be able to drive? These went through my head for 2 FLIPPING months.

Fiinally the law office calls and said .07 and were dropping all charges. No recant in the paper. Nothing. Heck, I had clients call me from CA wondering if I was a drunk (they get the small town paper).

BTW, in 23 states the legal limit is .1

And lastly, I wouldnt have had those beers if I didnt have that carpool of 1.5 hrs back to my car.

FringeNC
11-17-2011, 11:12 AM
No, because we don't have decades of people getting killed in texting accidents yet, like we do DWI's. This is a huge fail and embarrassment no matter who you try to down play it.

I am not an MU fan and could care less about Gary Pinkel, and I think he is really stupid because he has a lot to lose...I'm just saying that perhaps we should look at driving impairment rationally, that's all.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM

See that is the thing, it takes more than that. Your body metabolizes a drink an hour

http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/blood-alcohol-calculator.html

I punched in my weight (230) and 3 drinks in an hour comes out to .0384

It took 6 drinks to get me over the .08

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
The intersection in question is just a block east of Broadway and US 63. This would be on the Southeast side of City of Columbia. US 63 runs from Columbia south to KOMU TV, Columbia Regional Airport, then on to Jefferson City.

If the cops stopped him at Keene and Broadway, It's like a "T-shaped" intersection. There's a lot of retail on the west side of US63, lots of upper scale restaurants and such. And the Country Club of Missouri is just to the north on Old 63. Since he got stopped at 10pm, I wonder if he was on his way home from dinner? Picture of the intersection from Google attached.

BourbonMan
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
"Last night after practice, I met some friends for dinner. After dinner, I was stopped by a Boone County officer and received a citation for impaired driving," Pinkel said.

This is from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7245998/gary-pinkel-missouri-tigers-arrested-suspicion-drunken-driving

ChiefsCountry
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
I got pulled over in Columbia for the same thing Pinkel did. Not using a turn signal and the cops thought I was drunk. I was sober and hadn't anything to drink at all, they made me do all the stupid tests and then blow. Dumbass cop felt really stupid when I blew a .0.

Bearcat
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Here's one such study:

The studies I've seen are done right at .08 BAC, and if you do the math (most people don't -- they just like the dramatic OMG TEXTING IS LIKE DRIVING HOME AFTER POWER HOUR!!!), you'll realize how insignificant .08 BAC and texting while driving are to your reaction time.

They both come down to like half a car length of stopping distance from 70mph-0 compared to the baseline reaction time. Basically, situations where you might be completely screwed anyway.... so, if you're texting or have a BAC of .08, you probably shouldn't be tailgating someone at 70mph, because you might not realize you've lost that 0.05 seconds of reaction time.

kepp
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/376411_10150395622434214_113587894213_8118295_631048256_n.jpg

NiceLMAO

:doh!: They made him take off his visor.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 11:29 AM

What does age have to do with drinking? Now who is being stupid?

kstater
11-17-2011, 11:37 AM
They gonna have a blackout at Faurot this weekend?

Baconeater
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
See that is the thing, it takes more than that. Your body metabolizes a drink an hour

http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/blood-alcohol-calculator.html

I punched in my weight (230) and 3 drinks in an hour comes out to .0384

It took 6 drinks to get me over the .08
I'm not sure I believe that thing, it's saying I can have 4 drinks in an hour and still be under the limit.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
They gonna have a blackout at Faurot this weekend?

Yep, and I'll have T-Shirts ready to sell!

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM

I said you "could" run the risk of it.

I have done it and it is stupid... Especially when I was younger... Just like you have or do.

But now that I am older and reallize the consequences of how stupid it is, I have a DD. Regardless of if it is one or 10...

Luxury of have teenagers that drive... :thumb:

And I would say the same thing if it was Bill, Turner, Haley, Stramm, Bill Walsh, Joe Walsh or Donnie the Retard.

Mr. Plow
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Ahhh yes, it's been awhile since a good KU/MU thread.

Let's see here.....

"SEC! KU is jealous. Ballsack. Turner Gill. Groupon. KU football sucks."

"Can't win Big 12, will suck in SEC. We don't care. Basketball."

What am I missing?

sedated
11-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I got busted for a DUI last summer. But I wasnt drunk. My son (13yrs) and I linked up with a buddy to carpool to the races in south Topeka. It was a 1.5 hour drive. At the races, I had 3-4 beers. Stopped drinking at 9:30. Races were done at 11:00. He drove us back to the car by 12:30am. I had just gotten out of town, looked down to set my cruise, was doing 71 (in a 65). Just as I was gonna slow down a bit, Cop clocked me.

Keep in mind, I live in the country. Thus I prolly was the only car he had seen for miles:(
As He checked my registration etc, I'm steaming. Son and I were tired and this was a waste of time. Here's my bust, didn't even think about the beers 3 hours before. I wasnt drunk. As the cop was giving my stuff back, evidentally to let me go, I asked "do you always pull people over at 71?" OOPS.

Now the Cop goes into the power trip "CWAB"...cop with a badge. "I think I smell alcohol, step outta the car". Did the field test fine. Then had me blow in the cruiser. It was .089. Read me my rights, cuffed me. All the while my son was watching out the back window.

The bac taken from the cruiser is not submissable in court. It just gives probable cause. So off to the hospital we go for blood work. The Cop can use one of two methods to establish BAC: blood or blow in the Breathalizer 2000 down at the station. By law he offers you only one. It's not a choice. He knew I was close and that we would have to wait 20 min more to blow because the law wants to make sure you hadnt had a piece of gum or whatever to throw the breath test off. He wanted a DUI bust.

Once at the station, I was charged on the suspision of DUI. Since I had a minor in the car, I was also charged with Child Endangerment. With a DUI charge, I could have post $500 bucks and be on my way. But with the Child Endangerment charge, it required a judges consent to be released. It was now 2:30am Sunday morning. I have judges as clients, but wasnt gonna bug them at that time in the morning. I figured the wife could call them later.

The tale of jail is another story.

My name was in the paper, Holladay, booked into jail for DUI and Child Endangerment

BTW...it takes 2+ months for KBI to test blood:(

Thus I had to wait and talk to the prosecuting judge every month....still no blood....still no blood. Was I over .08?? Was I .079??..I took 30 min from the blow in the cruiser to the blood at the hospital. How accruate was the first blow?? How am I going to get to work the first month when I wont be able to drive? These went through my head for 2 FLIPPING months.

Fiinally the law office calls and said .07 and were dropping all charges. No recant in the paper. Nothing. Heck, I had clients call me from CA wondering if I was a drunk (they get the small town paper).

BTW, in 23 states the legal limit is .1

And lastly, I wouldnt have had those beers if I didnt have that carpool of 1.5 hrs back to my car.

Don't bring logic to the mob, murderer. MURDERER!!

You could have killed a bus full of orphans.

Dayze
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Probably not the right place for this due to potential hijack but...

(serious question)
Why don't they come up with some sort of breathalyzer machine that patrons can take a test with? Something that would/could be certified accurate (even accurate in a +/- sense etc) each year by the state or whatever.

or is this something that has been tried and failed miserably?

sedated
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM

(serious question)
Why don't they come up with some sort of breathalyzer machine that patrons can take a test with? Something that would/could be certified accurate (even accurate in a +/- sense etc) each year by the state or whatever.

you mean to use before you leave the bar/restaurant? They have them, but an accurate read has to be taken 30 minutes after your last drink.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-17-2011, 12:06 PM

(serious question)

Because then the state is giving permission for people to drink and drive? Think about the liability for the state in the event of accidents after using one of those machines.

Also, I doubt that the really good and reliable machines are very cheap. You can always buy the cheapie ones if you want to get a ballpark for where you are.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
you mean to use before you leave the bar/restaurant? They have them, but an accurate read has to be taken 30 minutes after your last drink.

yeah. I was just thinking about something where someone could check (after 30 minutes as you mentioned etc); and a certifed machine would give some sort of confirmation or receipt or whatever.

Dunno; it's probably been discussed before, but I haven't read up on anything like etc.

Dartgod
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure I believe that thing, it's saying I can have 4 drinks in an hour and still be under the limit.

It says I can have 6 beers in an hour and BAC is .0771.

:BS:

Dayze
11-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Because then the state is giving permission for people to drink and drive? Think about the liability for the state in the event of accidents after using one of those machines.

Also, I doubt that the really good and reliable machines are very cheap. You can always buy the cheapie ones if you want to get a ballpark for where you are.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was thinkin more in terms of if someone had like 2 beers and a certified machine said they were like .079 etc.

but, I suppose someone could take the test from a machine, be 'good', then go right out and slam more drinks and drive and use the receipt or whatever to try to 'prove' they weren't impaired.

I was just thinking back to someone I knew who got a DUI for blowing .081; or something barely over, and thinking how such a small amount he was over.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I was thinkin more in terms of if someone had like 2 beers and a certified machine said they were like .079 etc.

but, I suppose someone could take the test from a machien, be 'good', then go right out and slame more drinks and drive and use the receipt or whatever to try to 'prove' they weren't impaired.

I was just thinking back to someone I knew who got a DUI for blowing .081; or something barely over, and thinking how such a small amount he was over.

Same reason why there is only 1 set of chains on a football field. There is only one machine to keep calibrated and 1 machine to have to use in a court of law. Sucks for your friend though, dui's are big money for police so your buddy had to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM

(serious question)

They do have them, my buddy has one.

Of course it is state-mandated and he can't start his car without blowing into it beforehand...

Dayze
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
yeah.

I wonder how many more minutes he should've waited to be at .079.
I can't remember how much $ it cost him, but I want to say it was dang near $3k when it was all said and done. I was about 8 years ago, so I might be off.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Preview to the drive in for the Texas Tech game on Saturday:

Backwards Masking
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Preview to the drive in for the Texas Tech game on Saturday:

Columbia - where Pride and Dignity matter....

to everyone but us.

Baconeater
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM
It says I can have 6 beers in an hour and BAC is .0771.

:BS:
After messing with it some more I noticed the more time you spread the drinks over, the more the BAC goes up, i.e. 8 drinks over a 2 hour period for me. So I suppose in theory you could slam 6 drinks in an hour and drive home right away because the alcohol hasn't made it into your bloodstream yet. Definitely a bit misleading.

Backwards Masking
11-17-2011, 12:32 PM
After messing with it some more I noticed the more time you spread the drinks over, the more the BAC goes up, i.e. 8 drinks over a 2 hour period for me. So I suppose in theory you could slam 6 drinks in an hour and drive home right away because the alcohol hasn't made it into your bloodstream yet. Definitely a bit misleading.

Yep, I've heard this before too. Pretty sketchy that the Law's System lets somebody who drinks a six pack in 30 minutes drive around legally for a little while, while someone who spreads it out over 2 / 3 hours doesn't stand a chance, espeically considering the latter isn't nearly as imparied behind the wheel as the former.

Not that I'm a scientist who could sugggest anything better though.

Fritz88
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Like a true MUron.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
It's no secret that cops arrest people at about 10x the rate for DWIs nowadays as they did say about 20 years ago. Back then there was a lot of "I'll follow you home" or "Call a friend and leave the car here til morning".

Nowadays the drunk driving lobbies put much more pressure on cops to not only arrest people for DUI but also to appear in court months later to follow through with the citation.

That, and the fact that most cops now have this "suburban commando" mentality going on so there's very little help for people out there who go to a bar or dinner and drive home.

That being said... Gary Pinkel is in a position of extreme power and influence. Even entertaining the thought of driving while intoxicated is not only stupid but arrogant.

sedated
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Yep, I've heard this before too. Pretty sketchy that the Law's System lets somebody who drinks a six pack in 30 minutes drive around legally for a little while, while someone who spreads it out over 2 / 3 hours doesn't stand a chance, espeically considering the latter isn't nearly as imparied behind the wheel as the former.

I don't think that's what its implying. I think that Bugeater was pointing out a difference between 3 beers in one hour (and then stopping) vs 3 beers every hour for multiple hours (12 beers over 4 hours).

sedated
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
It's no secret that cops arrest people at about 10x the rate for DWIs nowadays as they did say about 20 years ago. Back then there was a lot of "I'll follow you home" or "Call a friend and leave the car here til morning".

Nowadays the drunk driving lobbies put much more pressure on cops to not only arrest people for DUI but also to appear in court months later to follow through with the citation.

Cops make money off of DUIs and speeding tickets. That's why those have increased. And that's why every cop car is a brand new Dodge Charger.

The police have become a business. Or at least taken a business-like model.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Has it been reported what he actually blew yet? Was he just a fraction over, or did he really ring the bell?

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Cops make money off of DUIs and speeding tickets. That's why those have increased. And that's why every cop car is a brand new Dodge Charger.

The police have become a business. Or at least taken a business-like model.

Hey now, those full pensions aren't going to pay for themselves.

The Iron Chief
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
What?! .. no dead bodies in the trunk or Child pornography in the glove compartment!?

Just another professional coach arrested for DWI?

Back to the Stanzi threads for me..

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Has it been reported what he actually blew yet? Was he just a fraction over, or did he really ring the bell?

I'm also waiting to find out if my wife is just a LITTLE pregnant.

luv
11-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Attempted murder involves intent. Probably involuntary manslaughter.

Bearcat
11-17-2011, 01:13 PM

kstater
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm also waiting to find out if my wife is just a LITTLE pregnant.If you're suggesting this is an apt comparison, the answer to your question may change dependent upon state boundaries.

stevenidol
11-17-2011, 01:25 PM

and what if that someone he hit was a bus full of nuns and blind kids.

Who knows if we ever figure out what his actual BAC was, but if it was .085 or .091, I really don't care.

4th and Long
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
It's so good to be a KU fan today. :)

DeezNutz
11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
It's so good to be a KU fan today. :)

LMAO. Yep. It's not Saturday.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 01:32 PM

It has been right at 20 years now since I got my DUI, with required classes. The instructors told us then, that three would be safe for a man my size.

Public opinion on this subject has changed 180 over the last 30 years.

4th and Long
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM
It has been right at 20 years now since I got my DUI, with required classeds. The instructors told us then, that three would be safe for a man my size.

Public opinion on this subject has changed 180 over the last 30 years.
:spock:

It wasn't a spelling class, was it?

:D

LMAO

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 01:35 PM

LMAO

4th and Long
11-17-2011, 01:37 PM
You guys have had such a great basketball team over the past decade or so.

:p

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 01:39 PM
He coaches like a drunk.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Gary Eustachy anyone?

Rooster
11-17-2011, 01:42 PM

:LOL: Damn the truth hurts.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 01:45 PM
:spock:

It wasn't a spelling class, was it?

:D

LMAO

Typing class. Hitting two keys with one finger was frowned on:D

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Anyone know if he stayed in the same cell with Derrick Washington?

Bambi
11-17-2011, 01:47 PM
:LOL: Damn the truth hurts.

I love Saturdays this year.

Not blowing money at the bar, getting in a ton of extra freelance work in....not worrying about having to hear about child molesters, DUIs, and The South.

good times

vailpass
11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Some of you act like you've never had a couple of pops then drove home.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM

Not in over a decade.

kstater
11-17-2011, 02:00 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/20jfztv.gif

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:00 PM

Not blowing money at the bar, getting in a ton of extra freelance work in....not worrying about having to hear about child molesters, DUIs, and The South.

good times

Fairweather fan. Per usual with the KU fan base.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Pinkel will not coach this weekend, per various Twitter sources

evenfall
11-17-2011, 02:03 PM

good times

Spoken like a basketball school.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Be interesting to hear what KK says today about all this, seeing scuttlebutt is he's slipped a DUI himself...

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Spoken like a basketball school.

There is no such thing as a basketball school.

HemiEd
11-17-2011, 02:06 PM

I would make a pretty sizable wager that Pinkel had more than a couple himself. We shall see.

Bearcat
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM

Saul Good is contagious! http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/ohnoez.gif

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:13 PM

good times

Front runner.

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:14 PM

Kansas...

BourbonMan
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Missouri Athletic Director Mike Alden will speak to reporters at 4 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.

http://abc17news.com/news.php?id=4340

sedated
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Fairweather fan. Per usual with the KU fan base.

This coming from a guy that ignores basketball… until his team wins, and then starts a thread about it.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
KK says he thinking Pinkel will appeal this and beat it.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Front runner.

oh really?

Missouri isn't selling out their stadium.

Are they front runners too?

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/20jfztv.gif

bwahahahaha!

Once Mizzou finally gets going, this happens.

Some things never change.

Caseyguyrr
11-17-2011, 02:25 PM
goddammit Pinkel really? makes suspending all your players for DWI in the past look awfully hypocritical now

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:26 PM
This coming from a guy that ignores basketball… until his team wins, and then starts a thread about it.

I've watched Nebrasketball all my life. Thanks for playing.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:26 PM
oh really?

What? Missouri packing fans into our stadium have to do with you being a fairweather front running fan of teams like the Yankees and Kansas basketball?

Pants
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
oh really?

Man, MU sells about 5000 for their BB games and their team is in top 25. MU fans are some of the worst in the nation, this is why they're always passed over for bowls. There's no ****ing way MU would be selling 40,000 tickets on Saturdays if their football was as bad as ours. That place would be a ghost town. I'm actually surprised we're still showing up to games in such numbers in Lawrence, TBH.

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
To the SHIP!1!

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Is Hy-Vee giving out anymore KU football tickets?

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
What? Missouri packing fans into our stadium have to do with you being a fairweather front running fan of teams like the Yankees and Kansas basketball?

What does Missouri packing fans into your stadium have to do with the truth?

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Man, MU sells about 5000 for their BB games and their team is in top 25. MU fans are some of the worst in the nation, this is why they're always passed over for bowls. There's no ****ing way MU would be selling 40,000 tickets on Saturdays if their football was as bad as ours. That place would be a ghost town. I'm actually surprised we're still showing up to games in such numbers in Lawrence, TBH.

Stop front runner.

It's because Lew Perkins made a "back door deal"

Obviously it had nothing to do with the millions of dollars represented by the viability of brands that are playing in the game.

It was all Lew Perkins!

Who looked pretty good courtside at the Garden on Tuesday I have to say. :thumb:

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
It was all Lew Perkins!

Who looked pretty good courtside at the Garden on Tuesday I have to say. :thumb:

I hope you two can make it work...

Frazod
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Ah, the look of the future. Anytime ANYTHING negative happens regarding Missouri, it'll be a butthurt KU free-for-all!

"That hot girl who dumped me back in high school broke her ankle while getting out of her Mercedes yesterday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

:whackit:

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
What does Missouri packing fans into your stadium have to do with the truth?

They were a few hundred seats short of seating capacity. Over 61k people there.

I mean...people pay money to go to Missouri football games.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Stop front runner.

It's because Lew Perkins made a "back door deal"

Obviously it had nothing to do with the millions of dollars represented by the viability of brands that are playing in the game.

It was all Lew Perkins!

Not sure you realize what a front runner is.

When someone only roots for the good teams he is associated with yet talks about how great it is he doesn't have to watch the shitty teams he is associated with that is it...right there.

It is ok. There are alot of fair weather fans in the world. You are not alone. They are mostly women but no big deal either way.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Ah, the look of the future. Anytime ANYTHING negative happens regarding Missouri, it'll be a butthurt KU free-for-all!

"That hot girl who dumped me back in high school broke her ankle while getting out of her Mercedes yesterday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I'm not sure a DWI arrest by the head coach of the football team qualifies as "Anytime ANYTHING"........

That's a pretty low standard, even for missouri.

Rausch
11-17-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure a DWI arrest by the head coach of the football team qualifies as "Anytime ANYTHING"........

That's a pretty low standard, even for missouri.

Not really...

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Not sure you realize what a front runner is.

When someone only roots for the good teams he is associated with yet talks about how great it is he doesn't have to watch the shitty teams he is associated with that is it...right there.

It is ok. There are alot of fair weather fans in the world. You are not alone. They are mostly women but no big deal either way.

So KU fans?

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:39 PM
So KU fans?

He takes it up a notch by being a Yankees fan. LMAO

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Not really...

first mention of KU in the thread was this post:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8117570&postcount=23

Made by what I think is a KU fan about how he would have the same reaction if it were his own coach.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
He takes it up a notch by being a Yankees fan. LMAO

What happened to the Chiefs part of your avatar?

can't make it up

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
What happened to the Chiefs part of your avatar?

can't make it up

I love the Chiefs. Their organization is another story. They are in a legal battle with a good photographer friend of mine. Their dealings with this person have been absolutely embarrassing. The team on the field can be up...down...or sideways they haven't won a playoff game since '93 (I was there) but I will continue to speak out against the tone deaf and selfish actions of the business side of the Chiefs which has been shitty to our community.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I love the Chiefs. Their organization is another story. They are in a legal battle with a good photographer friend of mine. Their dealings with this person have been absolutely embarrassing. The team on the field can be up...down...or sideways they haven't won a playoff game since '93 (I was there) but I will continue to speak out against the tone deaf and selfish actions of the business side of the Chiefs which has been shitty to our community.

And I love KU. The reason I do other things on Saturdays now is that they aren't on tv here every game like they were for the last 4-5 years.

If I lived in Lawrence I would obviously go to the games. I love the gameday experience. Always have, always will.

You should exchange a bit before calling names right off the bat next time.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM

Mizzou averaged over 11,000 per game last year, #34 in the country. Pretty solid for a secondary sport.

Do you always wildly exaggerate to try and make points?

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/bdf2030046a3609298bddcc110a6426c/2011_NCAA_mens_basketball_attendance.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=bdf2030046a3609298bddcc110a6426c

Luckily we'll never know how Mizzou fans would react if our football program was as shitty as ku's. You almost have to try to be as big of a ****ing joke as your team.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
And I love KU. The reason I do other things on Saturdays now is that they aren't on tv here every game like they were for the last 4-5 years.

If I lived in Lawrence I would obviously go to the games. I love the gameday experience. Always have, always will.

I have exchanged with you enough to see your front running ways. This NBA break must be a nice though...you can look over the league and get a fresh start on who the next dominant team is going to be.

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM

You'll probably find new ways to experiment with astroglide after your overrated basketball team loses a few more games this month.

|Zach|
Mizzou averaged over 11,000 per game last year, #34 in the country. Pretty solid for a secondary sport.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/bdf2030046a3609298bddcc110a6426c/2011_NCAA_mens_basketball_attendance.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=bdf2030046a3609298bddcc110a6426c

Luckily we'll never know how Mizzou fans would react if our football program was as shitty as ku's. You almost have to try to be as big of a ****ing joke as your team.

You have to want it. Badly.

BigCatDaddy
"That hot girl who dumped me back in high school broke her cankle while getting out of her station wagon yesterday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

FYP

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Kind of a shame watching those talented kids from Blue Springs get their asses kicked each week.

vailpass
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I would make a pretty sizable wager that Pinkel had more than a couple himself. We shall see.

Howdy Ed. I wasn't excusing Pinkel. I was referring to the people here saying that a DUI=attempted murder, etc. etc.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 02:54 PM
FYP

Yeah, we'll miss those little forays into the white trash welfare capital of the world, too.

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Pinkel suspended 2 games? According to 610.

SPchief
11-17-2011, 02:56 PM
BALLSACK!

vailpass
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Slap the wrist, act of contrition, focus on bowl game, business as ususal.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Wow. Way to lay the hammer down :rolleyes:

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Most coaches wouldn't have even gotten suspended and I believe Mizzou still needs to win a game or two to make a bowl game. So yes this punishment is significant.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Wow. Way to lay the hammer down :rolleyes:

What should they have done?

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I wonder if the NCAA is going to count the Kansas football game as a competition that counts towards his suspension.

SPchief
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Death penalty to the program. Duh

vailpass
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Most coaches wouldn't have even gotten suspended and I believe Mizzou still needs to win a game or two to make a bowl game. So yes this punishment is significant.

Agreed. Excessive penalty IMO.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM

KILLED HIM!!!!

Mr. Plow
11-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Butthurt

Brock
11-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Slap the wrist, act of contrition, focus on bowl game, business as ususal.

bowl game?

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 03:08 PM

Nothing! The embarrassment and disappointment in himself should be punishment enough.

I say that in jest, but the hit to his credibility and character will be more punishing in the long run then a 2 game suspension.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
bowl game?

Yes. One win between Tech and Kansas. Not everyone's down year is a winless conference slate.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Nothing! The embarrassment and disappointment in himself should be punishment enough.

I say that in jest, but the hit to his credibility and character will be more punishing in the long run then a 2 game suspension.

You didn't answer my question.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
The Mizzou Frat Boys are taking this news hard.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
The Mizzou Frat Boys are taking this news hard.

Nice tent color ROFL

mnchiefsguy
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
If the suspension is immediate, I would say that it is a pretty severe penalty, considering that Pinkel has not had his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty, and we know very little about this other than that he was arrested. Most schools would have done nothing, or they would have waited for any punishment until the conclusion of any criminal proceedings.

SPchief
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I think Pinkel needs to call JoePa to learn how to get the local police in his back pocket.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
You didn't answer my question.

I think a DUI by any coach or athlete should be the equivalent of a failed drug test penalty. I think it's 1/3 of the season in MLB and 1/4 of the season in the NFL for a first strike. Who knows what will happen in the NBA. So I think the NCAA or whatever college should start with those numbers.

What's more dangerous a guy driving a 2 ton truck impaired or a dude smoking a joint or sticking some Test in his ass?

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I think a DUI by any coach or athlete should be the equivalent of a failed drug test penalty. I think it's 1/3 of the season in MLB and 1/4 of the season in the NFL. Who knows what will happen in the NBA. So I think the NCAA should start with those numbers.

What's more dangerous a guy driving a 2 ton truck impaired or a dude smoking a joint or sticking some Test in his ass?

LMAO

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
LMAO

You think 3-4 games is too much for an college football player/coach to be suspended for having a DWI?

Pants
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Good things man, good things. Wonder why Kimmie felt the need to shake his head on twitter at the fans last week. This is a winning program we're talking about, top 25 in the nation. It doesn't take a genius to imagine what would happen if MU was a perennial cellar dweller.

I honestly don't mind you guys talking all kinds of shit about our school and the program. Our football deserves everything you throw at it, but when you start talking like the retard, billay, about the fair-weather fans, welp...

mnchiefsguy
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I think a DUI by any coach or athlete should be the equivalent of a failed drug test penalty. I think it's 1/3 of the season in MLB and 1/4 of the season in the NFL for a first strike. Who knows what will happen in the NBA. So I think the NCAA or whatever college should start with those numbers.

So should a regular person convicted of a DUI get the same criminal penalty as that of someone who uses illegal drugs?

Pinkel should be punished, but 1/3 of a season seems a bit extreme.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not going to crucify him over this, and it's not like I haven't driven drunk, either. It's just bad PR and will hurt us on the recruiting trail.

It also shows the difference between Columbia and a lot of other college towns. No way this happens to Saban or Les Miles. I'm not saying that it not happening is a good thing, just pointing out a perceived difference.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Good things man, good things. Wonder why Kimmie felt the need to shake his head on twitter at the fans last week. This is a winning program we're talking about, top 25 in the nation. It doesn't take a genius to imagine what would happen if MU was a perennial cellar dweller.

I honestly don't mind you guys talking all kinds of shit about our school and the program. Our football deserves everything you throw at it, but when you start talking like the retard, billay, about the fair-weather fans, welp...

Not sure why you felt the need to go all crazy wrong with throwing out numbers though. And as far as Kimmie goes...he is a complete drama queen and won't be missed (by me) when he leaves Columbia.

It might not take a genius to imagine what would happen...but it does take an imagination.

evenfall
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I think losing a head coach for one game is appropriate. Two games is significant when you aren't yet bowl eligible. Losing the head coach is going to be many times harder on a team than losing one player.

And there is no excuse for doing it, but at the end of the day it is what it is, a misdemeanor traffic offense. It's a serious mistake but a victimless one in this instance.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I think losing a head coach for one game is appropriate. Two games is significant when you aren't yet bowl eligible. Losing the head coach is going to be many times harder on a team than losing one player.

And there is no excuse for doing it, but at the end of the day it is what it is, a misdemeanor traffic offense. It's a serious mistake but a victimless one in this instance.

Agreed. I have no qualms with the decision.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Not when that coach is Gary Pinkel. This team is effectively rudderless on Saturdays, anyway, and AFAIK, he can still "coach" them in practice.

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
So should a regular person convicted of a DUI get the same criminal penalty as that of someone who uses illegal drugs?

Pinkel should be punished, but 1/3 of a season seems a bit extreme.

Sure, I think often they do depending on the drug and frequency of convictions, but you'll have to let Left Nut answer that one.

Pants
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Not sure why you felt the need to go all crazy wrong with throwing out numbers though. And as far as Kimmie goes...he is a complete drama queen and won't be missed (by me) when he leaves Columbia.

It might not take a genius to imagine what would happen...but it does take an imagination.

It wasn't just Kimmie, btw.

Oh and for the reference, here's the number (http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/basketball/ncaab/game/Mercer_Missouri/2011/11/14#box-score). That would be 5778, Zach. Not sure why you felt the need to go all crazy wrong with throwing out stupid shit, though.

eazyb81
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Kimmie and every other player has a right to bitch about attendance if they want just like fans bitch about players. Mizzou always draws pretty poorly for the crappy non-con games on weekdays, so the fact that we didn't pack the house for Mercer is not a shock. I'd love it if we sold out for every game, but we typically pick it up for conference games and it all evens out in the end.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
The intersection in question is just a block east of Broadway and US 63. This would be on the Southeast side of City of Columbia. US 63 runs from Columbia south to KOMU TV, Columbia Regional Airport, then on to Jefferson City.

If the cops stopped him at Keene and Broadway, It's like a "T-shaped" intersection. There's a lot of retail on the west side of US63, lots of upper scale restaurants and such. And the Country Club of Missouri is just to the north on Old 63. Since he got stopped at 10pm, I wonder if he was on his way home from dinner? Picture of the intersection from Google attached.

I don't know if I'd consider Chili's, Applebees, and Longhorn upper scale :)

Pants
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Kimmie and every other player has a right to bitch about attendance if they want just like fans bitch about players. Mizzou always draws pretty poorly for the crappy non-con games on weekdays, so the fact that we didn't pack the house for Mercer is not a shock. I'd love it if we sold out for every game, but we typically pick it up for conference games and it all evens out in the end.

I get it. You guys also don't care about BB like some of the other schools, so there's that. My point is that you can't fill the arena when you're ranked in the top 25. I would think that being a cellar dweller would probably make the attendance even worse.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't know if I'd consider Chili's, Applebees, and Longhorn upper scale :)
In Columbia, that's pretty much it. LMAO

Frazod
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Not when that coach is Gary Pinkel. This team is effectively rudderless on Saturdays, anyway, and AFAIK, he can still "coach" them in practice.

This. Plus, one of those games is against KU.

For that game, they should have a "Coach for a Day" contest. No previous experience required. Or perhaps the GEICO caveman could fill in. LMAO

Bambi
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM

Nebraska has everyone beat when it comes to not being fair weather fans.

I mean it is Nebraska.

gblowfish
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM

For that game, they should have a "Coach for a Day" contest. No previous experience required. Or perhaps the GEICO caveman could fill in. LMAO

How bout for the KU-MU Border War, Mizzou hires a guest coach for just that one game.

I nominate Mark Mangino.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM

You're rough man.

Imagine if MU actually had a better football program than KU.

You get 2 years in a row and sure run with it.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
How bout for the KU-MU Border War, Mizzou hires a guest coach for just that one game.

I nominate Mark Mangino.

Works for me. Tell him if Missouri wins by more than 30 points he can eat Steckel and Yost.

|Zach|
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Pants is angling for his next big book about to be published. "If Missouri Was Bad At Sports" which will be quite the page turner and available for anyone to pick up in the fiction section of your local bookstore.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I get it. You guys also don't care about BB like some of the other schools, so there's that. My point is that you can't fill the arena when you're ranked in the top 25. I would think that being a cellar dweller would probably make the attendance even worse.

Did KU sell out every game when they were ranked #15-#2 over those couple years?

I know the attendance was pretty maxed out but I don't know about "sell outs"

Frazod
11-17-2011, 03:44 PM
You're rough man.

Imagine if MU actually had a better football program than KU.

You get 2 years in a row and sure run with it.

Ah, the past. You must love it there, since that's where you spend so much of your time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
In Columbia, that's pretty much it. LMAO

You live in Independence, you bastard ROFL.

We have some decent dining. The District offers a number of solid eateries.

Bambi
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Ah, the past. You must love it there, since that's where you spend so much of your time.

yep, I had a great time Tuesday night even though we lost.

The past is awesome!