PDA

View Full Version : Life Seriously? WTF?

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Okay so I'd like to bring unjust behavior to light. I feel guilty.

Bear with me for a minute, I need to get this off of my chest. So after ten years of living in the same house, I felt compelled to call the septic tank cleaning company to come out and clean out the tank. The tank is about 2000 gallons with a concrete baffle in the middle. For you city slickers, the baffle holds back the solids(aka poop and stuff) so that the effluent (aka poop juice and urine) can travel to the leach field and dry out. The solids stay in the solid side and decay from a natural bacteria...I'm getting off track here. Anyway, the "pool guy" (that's his nickname) comes out to the house and drags the long hose around the side of the house. Pops open the tank and starts cleaning. Dude was there two friggin hours working his ass off. Got the tank as clean as you can get a septic tank full of 10 years of poop. Gave me some good advice on maintenance, I paid the bill. He cleaned up the driveway and left.

Okay so here's the issue. Not once did "tipping" the guy come to mind. I mean, I tip some jackass bringing my food and drink in a restaurant, why not the guy that gets rid of it? This guy put more time into getting rid of it than some clean server did bringing me a plate of spaghetti. Whats wrong with this picture? Why do we tip some people and not others? Anyone ever tip their "pool guy"?

Dayze
11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
he should be nicknamed the 'Stool Guy'.

he'd probably get more tips that way.

Buehler445
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
No. Particularly if he is self employed. He'll get what he needs through his price. If it doesn't work for me, I won't employ his service.

milkman
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Some people get tips.

Some people get shit.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Ive always heard that the people who work in the tipping professions are underpaid an hourly wage. Thats why you tip. They work for tips.

blaise
11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I usually give the guys that do work like that a cold drink. I've tipped movers before and delivery people.

WV
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't tip anyone outside of the restaurant business or the cleaning business (aka cleaning lady at a hotel).

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Ive always heard that the people who work in the tipping professions are underpaid an hourly wage. Thats why you tip. They work for tips.

This. I doubt the poop guy ever gets tipped... or at least ever expects to.

tymania
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I have wondered this my self.. Like when you go get your hair cut, you are suppose to give your barber or hair dresser a tip, but when you go get your oil change or whatever it may be you do not tip your mechanic... it is essentially the same 'service' they are give you, one is just doing maintenance on your hair and the other is doing maintenance on your car.. so why does one get a tip and the other doesnt??
Its a confusing world out there!

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
No. Particularly if he is self employed. He'll get what he needs through his price. If it doesn't work for me, I won't employ his service.

He worked for a larger company....I'm sure the fee goes to the company.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM

That's kind of like what I'm thinking but I see tips jars everywhere. ESPECIALLY while on vacation in the usual tourist spots.

seclark
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM
had a guy come out and pump our septic tank a few years ago when we put our old house up for sale. we pulled the top off of it and i bet there were 500 used condoms floating on top. it was so bad he had to keep stopping to cut the damn things off the stirring auger w/his pocket knife. i knew damn well they weren't mine. called the wife and she angrily told me they weren't hers either. turns out, our sons had been bringing home dates while we were away and disposing of their love skins by flushing them down the shitter.:mad:

i did tip the guy an extra $25 for his trouble, but didn't shake his hand.
sec

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM

I didn't even consider it until after he left.

Detoxing
11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
These are all good points.

Because of this thread, I think I am just going to stop tipping everyone. That way its fair.

Deberg_1990

IM assuming he already makes a decent wage or salary relative to his profession.

Otter
You're testing to see how long it will take before we start discussing "Reservoir Dogs" aren't you?

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:28 AM
had a guy come out and pump our septic tank a few years ago when we put our old house up for sale. we pulled the top off of it and i bet there were 500 used condoms floating on top. it was so bad he had to keep stopping to cut the damn things off the stirring auger w/his pocket knife. i knew damn well they weren't mine. called the wife and she angrily told me they weren't hers either. turns out, our sons had been bringing home dates while we were away and disposing of their love skins by flushing them down the shitter.:mad:

i did tip the guy an extra $25 for his trouble, but didn't shake his hand.
sec

ROFL I hope the pool guy doesn't bite his fingernails.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Have you ever considered that he just got a truckload of poop from you, and you paid him to haul it away. He's the one making out on the deal.

You know how hard a truckload of poop is to come by? This guy is making out like a bandit. Hence, no need for a tip.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
You're testing to see how long it will take before we start discussing "Reservoir Dogs" aren't you?

We have a winner folks, one of the best parts of the movie. :thumb:

Dartgod
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Have you ever considered that he just got a truckload of poop from you, and you paid him to haul it away. He's the one making out on the deal.

You know how hard a truckload of poop is to come by? This guy is making out like a bandit. Hence, no need for a tip.

Awesome first post. :thumb:

Have some rep...

Predarat
11-17-2011, 11:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/tumblr_lgfvqkbf8H1qb0iego1_500.jpg

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM

And for some strange reason you thought a poop/tipping thread was best suited for your first post on CP?

Dr. Facebook Fever
I have wondered this my self.. Like when you go get your hair cut, you are suppose to give your barber or hair dresser a tip, but when you go get your oil change or whatever it may be you do not tip your mechanic... it is essentially the same 'service' they are give you, one is just doing maintenance on your hair and the other is doing maintenance on your car.. so why does one get a tip and the other doesnt??
Its a confusing world out there!

I do tip my hair cutter girly but that's mostly because she's hot and I want her to like me.

DaFace
I personally think tipping should be eliminated entirely. Just charge the real price.

(And I'm a 20% plus kind of tipper for the record.)

Claremonster
And for some strange reason you thought a poop/tipping thread was best suited for your first post on CP?

Seemed right up my alley... uh... so to speak.

Dartgod

N00b of the year candidate.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
I didn't even consider it until after he left.

I seriously doubt there's anything to worry about.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Awesome first post. :thumb:

Have some rep...

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:37 AM
I personally think tipping should be eliminated entirely. Just charge the real price.

I tip in the 20% area most of the time. I hate it when my wife checks the amount I tip...for the record I'm not cheap. :harumph:

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
N00b of the year candidate.

Hold the phone there, it's a Patriots fan.

FAX
11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I know I'll regret this, but just how much is a truckload of poop worth these days?

FAX

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I know I'll regret this, but just how much is a truckload of poop worth these days?

FAX

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

tk13
11-17-2011, 11:43 AM

FAX

Just look up tickets to any remaining Chiefs game, you'll have your answer.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 11:43 AM

FAX

Well that depends(< not the wearing kind). When you call them on the phone, they ask you the size of the tank and when is the last time it was cleaned. While cleaning the tank he stated that " this poop is compressed in the tank and there's alot of it" Okay, okay it cost 310.00.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Well that depends(< not the wearing kind). When you call them on the phone, they ask you the size of the tank and when is the last time it was cleaned. While cleaning the tank he stated that " this poop is compressed in the tank and there's alot of it" Okay, okay it cost 310.00.

I'd start squating in the yard.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Hold the phone there, it's a Patriots fan.

True, but I hope you don't blame me for Your QB - I hated him before you guys did.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM

FAX

If we're talking "street price", it will vary depending on the quality, what it has been "cut" with, and the area in which you're buying it.

Huffmeister
11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
True, but I hope you don't blame me for Your QB - I hated him before you guys did.

Hipster Cassel hater?

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I've tipped furniture delivery guys, movers, etc. before. I don't think I'd have a problem shooting the honeypot guy an extra $20.

When I was in the Navy, a couple of times I assisted in offloading the chemical holding tank (basically the ship's ceptic tank) to a truck on the pier. That is vile work, and the stink from it is unlike anything else. Whatever they're paying those guys isn't enough.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Hipster Cassel hater?

Damn straight. Now that everyone hates him, I'll have to find The Next Big Thing to hate before anyone else.

Predarat
11-17-2011, 11:50 AM
You know what I hate, when strippers did not strip anywhere near you and they come around with clothes on expecting a tip. Tits in my face or GTFO.

sedated
11-17-2011, 12:03 PM

In most circles you will be called cheap, it seems.

According to society, you have to also tip moviers and barbers. And bartenders and delivery drivers (who make a regular wage, and in the case of delivery drivers are paid an extra amount per delivery).

Where society comes up with these rules, I have no idea.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM

No we blame Peeholey.

Ftr I assumed but didn't want to assume that from the Clare in your name, you're of the chick persuation... but I reffered to you as "it" so as not to offend.

Oh and also ftr... please break our #2 QB Monday night too. We'd like to see Stanzi get some experience this year.

vailpass
11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Gross

FAX
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I tip pretty much everybody except for the cable technician dude who comes around to fix my internet router. My fear is that he would just spend the money on more ill-fitting blue jeans.

FAX

btlook1
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
We had our "pool" pumped a month or two ago. It was full after about 3 years. Cost $150 and no I didn't tip and yes I helped him dig up the lid to get access. NO I didn't shake his hand either. He made $150 for less than an hours work and that probably included the travel time. Took him 20 mins to pump the "pool" dry.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
I've tipped furniture delivery guys, movers, etc. before. I don't think I'd have a problem shooting the honeypot guy an extra $20.

When I was in the Navy, a couple of times I assisted in offloading the chemical holding tank (basically the ship's ceptic tank) to a truck on the pier. That is vile work, and the stink from it is unlike anything else. Whatever they're paying those guys isn't enough.

THIS.....he flipped on the vacuum and puff of stench billowed out the exhaust that can not be described. If you think crap smells bad in the bathroom.....no comparison. I should have paid double.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Gross

ROFL

Graystoke
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I had mine pumped last year. The guy that came in did it was a Deadringer for Jesus...looked just like that old time white jesus we are all used to.

My wife called him the shit jesus.

I didn't tip but I did pray to him later.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
No we blame Peeholey.

Ftr I assumed but didn't want to assume that from the Clare in your name, you're of the chick persuation... but I reffered to you as "it" so as not to offend.

Oh and also ftr... please break our #2 QB Monday night too. We'd like to see Stanzi get some experience this year.

Nah, I'm a dude. the 'Clare' comes from my hometown. That said, I'm more worried about your #2 QB looking like an all-world HOFer against our pathetic D. LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Nah, I'm a dude. the 'Clare' comes from my hometown. That said, I'm more worried about your #2 QB looking like an all-world HOFer against our pathetic D. LMAO

Ok sorry about your girly name.

:D

And don't worry about Falco. Nothing ever goes well for us.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
And don't worry about Falco. Nothing ever goes well for us.

But he's got miles and miles of heart!

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
But he's got miles and miles of heart!

Monday night will be a beat down of epic proportions. I'm not even sure I can watch.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Monday night will be a beat down of epic proportions. I'm not even sure I can watch.

I wonder if this will be the game where the combined offensive output is over 1000 yards. LMAO

milkman
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I wonder if this will be the game where the combined offensive output is over 1000 yards. LMAO

You do realize that our starting QB has struggled to register 100 yard passing games, right?

And we're playing his backup.

scho63
11-17-2011, 01:16 PM

:thumb:

I agree-it's gotten so out of hand that every place you go they are begging for money with tip jars on counters. I'm sick of it and I used to be a big over-tipper when I was young but service today is HORRIBLE in 90% of the places you go.

Claremonster
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
You do realize that our starting QB has struggled to register 100 yard passing games, right?

And we're playing his backup.

I do realize that. I also realize how New England's defense does when some non-starting QB comes off the bench. It's never pretty. LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Could be. 850 for Brady and company, 150 for the Replacements.

RINGLEADER
11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Okay so here's the issue. Not once did "tipping" the guy come to mind. I mean, I tip some jackass bringing my food and drink in a restaurant, why not the guy that gets rid of it? This guy put more time into getting rid of it than some clean server did bringing me a plate of spaghetti. Whats wrong with this picture? Why do we tip some people and not others? Anyone ever tip their "pool guy"?

My rule of thumb is that you tip anyone who does a job that you'd prefer not to do yourself. Strangely, I don't mind tipping but get angry when the tip is "baked into" the bill.

I imagine when I clean out my pool I will tip the pool guy.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I do realize that. I also realize how New England's defense does when some non-starting QB comes off the bench. It's never pretty. LMAO

Hey get your own fucking thread. :mad:

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
My rule of thumb is that you tip anyone who does a job that you'd prefer not to do yourself. Strangely, I don't mind tipping but get angry when the tip is "baked into" the bill.

I imagine when I clean out my pool I will tip the pool guy.

THIS is exactly what I was thinking, no way would I want to do this job....no way. Damn it should have tipped the pool guy. :doh!:

durtyrute
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I've never understood the whole tipping thing. It isn't my fault that your job is set up so you get paid jack shit, but I have to tip you for doing your job. Now, I REALLY hate the whole tipping at Sonic bullshit. You don't have to bring me my food. You could close that part and just have a drivethru, but NO again I have to tip you for doing your job. Bartenders, Barbers, Waiters, you are all doing your job, talk to your boss if you want more money. I provide a service too, but I don't get tips for printing those hospital forms you have to fill out when you go get your balls checked. Now, don't get me wrong I am a great tipper, but it still urks me everytime I do it.

.........end of rank

SLAG
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V1ZZWhSvOMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX
11-17-2011, 03:45 PM
THIS is exactly what I was thinking, no way would I want to do this job....no way. Damn it should have tipped the pool guy. :doh!:

Don't punish yourself, Mr. ChiefPote.

Honestly, I wouldn't tip my HVAC guy or my roofer or the dude who sits in his truck and smokes cigarettes instead of mulching my shrubberies like he was hired to do.

I tip almost everybody, but I don't think I would tip the poop pool man. Unless, that is, he fell in or something.

FAX

Kyle DeLexus
11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
I used to work front desk at a health club back when I was in high school. I did way more work than the snack bar fuckwads and made the same per hour, but they made more than I did because they had a tip jar since they made sandwiches and shakes for people. The one time some old lady tried to give me a tip (I have no idea why she wanted to pay me extra when this club was already expensive) the people in accounting and management never paid me for it since I wasn't supposed to get tips.

Demonpenz
11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
could have gotten it real cheap if you used the poopon coupon

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Anyone find it funny or at all ironic that a poop thread turned into a Chiefs thread for a while at least?

Flachief58
11-17-2011, 04:56 PM
As a service plumber, I do get paid well, but anytime I get a tip it's greatly appreciated and let's me know that I did a good job.

FYI, offering me a bottle of water (eventhough I carry my own) when I'm busting my ass for you in the Florida heat means as much as a tip does.

Chiefspants
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Why do you tip waiters? Because they typically make $2.13 an hour at a dining establishment, I have a feeling the stool guy earns a little more.

ChiefsNow
11-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Shit in one hand and tip in the other and see which one fills up first.

vailpass
11-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Why do you tip waiters? Because they typically make $2.13 an hour at a dining establishment, I have a feeling the stool guy earns a little more.

NSFW LANGUAGE

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-qV9wVGb38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cabletech94
11-17-2011, 06:01 PM
As a service plumber, I do get paid well, but anytime I get a tip it's greatly appreciated and let's me know that I did a good job.

FYI, offering me a bottle of water (eventhough I carry my own) when I'm busting my ass for you in the Florida heat means as much as a tip does.

EXACTLY. i work outside as well for a living. when it's hotter than hell, and a cust offers me a drink, it's boner time.

blaise
11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I tip the Sonic workers if they skate.

bevischief
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Tip him in TP...

Valiant
11-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Call the business up.. Ask if they accept tips, depending on answer call the guy back out or send him lunch..

chefs fan in omaha
11-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Never shake hands with the root rooter man

J Diddy
11-17-2011, 07:46 PM
You tip for the food going in why should you tip for the cleanup of food coming out?

I don't believe at all in the practice of tipping at both ends.

ChiefButthurt
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
could have gotten it real cheap if you used the poopon coupon

No shit...<-- no pun intended. I'm on that list I get those emails every five minutes.

JoeyChuckles
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
You tip for the food going in why should you tip for the cleanup of food coming out?

I don't believe at all in the practice of tipping at both ends.

Excellent point. It's like getting tax taken out of your paycheck, and then paying sales tax when you buy goods and services with that paycheck. Redundant.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't tip at buffets.

They are not bringing me my food. Why should I?

Chiefspants
11-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I've never understood the whole tipping thing. It isn't my fault that your job is set up so you get paid jack shit, but I have to tip you for doing your job. Now, I REALLY hate the whole tipping at Sonic bullshit. You don't have to bring me my food. You could close that part and just have a drivethru, but NO again I have to tip you for doing your job. Bartenders, Barbers, Waiters, you are all doing your job, talk to your boss if you want more money. I provide a service too, but I don't get tips for printing those hospital forms you have to fill out when you go get your balls checked. Now, don't get me wrong I am a great tipper, but it still urks me everytime I do it.

.........end of rank

You realize that the low salaries earned by waiters is what allows restaurants to stay open and function, right?

ChiefButthurt
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
You realize that the low salaries earned by waiters is what allows restaurants to stay open and function, right?

I've never worked in a restaurant, but I'll bet the serve staff verbally "rate" each customer based on the amount they leave on the table, right?

ThaVirus
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
In most circles you will be called cheap, it seems.

According to society, you have to also tip moviers and barbers. And bartenders and delivery drivers (who make a regular wage, and in the case of delivery drivers are paid an extra amount per delivery).

Where society comes up with these rules, I have no idea.

Most delivery drivers make minimum wage. I can see the need for tipping delivery drivers over any other tipping profession. They're actually spending money to bring your fat ass your food. That extra dollar they get for each delivery they take doesn't cover the gas and wear and tear they put on their car.

ThaVirus
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM

This. If everyone in a restaurant was making $8, $9, $10 or more per hour we'd see half-staffed restaurants, and probably only a third of the amount we see today. Less options of places to eat and shittier service everywhere we went.

shirtsleeve
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I've played just the tip. Does that count?

oh and edit: Yes, in the pooper too, before you ask...