PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Second sex scandal emerges, Syracuse basketball Bernie Fine accused

Mr. Laz
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Second university sex scandal emerges after ball boys on basketball team claim they were abused by coach

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last updated at 6:50 AM on 18th November 2011

Another university has become embroiled in a sex abuse scandal after two former ball boys claimed they were molested for years by an assistant basketball coach.

Syracuse University, in New York state, has placed longtime coach Bernie Fine on administrative leave 'in light of the new allegations and the Syracuse City Police investigation', the school said.

Bobby Davis, now 39, told ESPN that Fine molested him from 1984, when Davis was around ten, until he was 27.

On leave: Former ball boys have made allegations of sexual abuse against the assistant coach of Syracuse's basketball team Bernie Fine (pictured right)

Mr Davis, a ball boy for six years, said the alleged abuse occurred at Fine's home, at Syracuse basketball facilities and on team road trips.

Mr Davis stepbrother, Mike Lang, also told the sports network that Fine molested him from when was around nine years old. Mr Lang, now 45, also was a ball boy at the college.

'They were re-traumatized': MORE potential victims of Jerry Sandusky come forward after seeing disgraced Penn State coach deny he is a paedophile on TV
'It will haunt me all of my living days': TV journalist reveals on air how she was abused by coach when she was high school cheerleader
Head coach at Syracuse, Jim Boeheim, voiced his support for Mr Fine and told Sportingnews.com that the assistant's primary accuser is looking to capitalise on the recent Penn State sex abuse scandal.

Mr Boeheim told ESPN: 'I know this kid... It is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told.

'You don't think it is a little funny that his (stepbrother) is coming forward?

Defence: Jim Boeheim, head basketball coach at Syracuse, stood by his colleague, saying the accusers were lying

'He supplied four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did ... there is only one side to this story. He is lying.'

Mr Lang admitted that news coverage of the recent Penn State sex abuse scandal inspired him to come forward. Mr Davis said that he went to Syracuse police in 2003 with his claims but was told by a detective that the statute of limitations had expired.

Scandal: Syracuse University in upstate New York becomes the second this month to be rocked by sex abuse allegations

Mr Davis added that he was told police would investigate if he knew of other boys who had been molested. He said he had no direct knowledge of such cases. Syracuse police said they were investigating allegations of child molestation and that the inquiry is in the early stages.

58-4ever
11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
First in with the ball boy joke!

Buck
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Someone should fucking accuse that Phelps guy of doing this shit.

If you're going to fuck up someone's life, it might as well be him.

Gonzo
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
LMAO

You know there were two buddies, one a Penn St. Fan and one a Syracuse fan.

The Syracuse guy has been running shit at his friend for two weeks now, he get's up this morning... Opens the paper...

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

crossbow
11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Wow, this country is getting way too weird.

Couldn't even imagine Vince Lombardi getting accused of something like this.

beach tribe
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow, this country is getting way too weird.

Couldn't even imagine Vince Lombardi getting accused of something like this.

"Right up the alley"

vailpass
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Innocent til proven guilty anyone?

beach tribe
11-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Innocent til proven guilty anyone?

BURN HIM!!!!

vailpass
11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
BURN HIM!!!!

LMAO Exactly what many on this board and across the country are like.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 10:57 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/d9/2d9813c8-113d-11e1-bc6e-0019bb30f31a/4ec5420ad8db9.image.jpg

FringeNC
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
If he was 27, that doesn't sound like molestation. That sounds like a consensual homosexual relationship.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
The guy who has been molested from 10 to 27, wtf was he doing getting molested at the age of fucking 27?!!!!!

I'd understand of someone being helpless at the age of 10, 12, 15...but 27!!!!

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:07 AM
The guy who has been molested from 10 to 27, wtf was he doing getting molested at the age of ****ing 27?!!!!!

I'd understand of someone being helpless at the age of 10, 12, 15...but 27!!!!

I'd imagine there's some psychological/psychiatric issues that come into play in his situation when the molestation started at such a young age.

BWillie
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
At some point, somebody that didn't molest children, is going to get accused and burned at the stake for something they didn't do. I mean, if you are accused of it by a rascal, you are tarnished forever even if you didn't do it, and I'm sure it's like alot of rape cases where it's possible to be found guilty even if it's word vs word.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I'd imagine there's some psychological/psychiatric issues that come into play in his situation when the molestation started at such a young age.

Possibly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
11-18-2011, 11:14 AM
we had a girl in middle school/starting of high school, who accused our bus driver of molesting her. Her stop was the last one of the route, and she concocted this big story etc. Dude got arrested, lost his job, started a trial etc, then she finally came clean and said she made the whole thing up because she was picked on/bullied and wanted some attention.

I'm sure it probably screwed that dudes life up for quite a while.

FAX
11-18-2011, 11:36 AM
I think the authorities need to start keeping this crap to themselves unless or until charges are filed.

Meanwhile, they need to fire this guy and burn down his house.

FAX

FringeNC
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Jim Boeheim is vehemently denying the story. Not convinced this one is legit at all.

J Diddy
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
You know I'm not a big man, so the more I hear of this stuff the more it makes me want to drop out of college before I get raped.

KC Tattoo
11-18-2011, 09:45 PM
They had a weekend at Bernie's

RippedmyFlesh
11-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Jim Boeheim is vehemently denying the story. Not convinced this one is legit at all.

This

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim: 'I'm not Joe Paterno'

ďIím not Joe Paterno. Somebody didnít come and tell me Bernie Fine did something and Iím hiding it. I know nothing. If I saw some reason not to support Bernie, I would not support him. If somebody showed me a reason, proved that reason, I would not support him. But until then, Iíll support him until the day I die.Ē

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/syracuse_coach_jim_boeheim_im.html

RippedmyFlesh
11-18-2011, 10:31 PM
More from Jim B

"I know he's lying about me seeing him in his hotel room. That's a lie. If he's going to tell one lie, I'm sure there's a few more of them.”

"Bernie helped a lot of kids, a lot of kids,” he said. “The Post-Standard and the university talked to those other kids (in 2003). None of them corroborated the story, at all. I know some of those kids. They've told me, 'Hey, Coach. Bernie helped me. He cared about me. He knew I needed help and he helped me.'

"You need to go to your people down there at the paper. They investigated this for four months. Do they remember that? And they found ... what? They investigated this and found nothing. They talked to Bernie's neighbors and friends ... everybody. They found nothing. Your paper would whitewash nothing. Don't you agree? They had nothing. They could not write a story. They found zero.”

mdchiefsfan
11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Man, college coaches are the modern day catholic priests.

brett
11-19-2011, 11:00 AM
these things are beoming to prevolent :S

VAChief
11-27-2011, 12:42 PM
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7286364&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

The wife doesn't seem to have any doubts that he is perv.

Bowser
11-27-2011, 12:44 PM
They rapin' errrybody up in here.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7286364&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Wow...

evenfall
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
if you are following this on twitter, Whitlock had Fine's back from the start because it was ESPN pushing the story. Now we have this audiotape and he's furiously trying to walk back, saying it was irresponsible to report on initially... funny

BWillie
11-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow.....kid wasn't lying. You never know on these things. Especially w/ the timing of it after the Penn St. debacle, and how he came off in is original interviews. Not only is Bernie Fine f**** up, but his wife is also beyond messed up. Why is she still w/ this guy, why did she let it go on, and then she slept w/ the 18 year old who had been molested by her husbund? My lord.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Disturbing

VAChief
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
The tape was made in 2002. If Jim B. knew about the tape as part of ESPN's initial reporting back then, it makes you wonder why he so adamantly dismissed the charges when they came back out recently.

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
The tape was made in 2002. If Jim B. knew about the tape as part of ESPN's initial reporting back then, it makes you wonder why he so adamantly dismissed the charges when they came back out recently.

I think the kid didn't release it back then. Only recently. He made the tapes to back up his story. I think he wanted people to know he wasn't lying and since the police won't pursue something past the statute of limitations, this was his only shot.

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Also, I think Boheim is going to get fucked here. He might have had no way of knowing, but the blowback from him basically attacking the victim of sexual assault is probably going to look really bad.

VAChief
11-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I think the kid didn't release it back then. Only recently. He made the tapes to back up his story. I think he wanted people to know he wasn't lying and since the police won't pursue something past the statute of limitations, this was his only shot.

ESPN claims he released it to them in 2003, however they didn't do anything with it at the time. He only released it recently to the Syracuse police which apparently is what drove the search warrant this past weekend.

sedated
11-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I haven't been following closely, but this situation seems strange. When this tape came out, didn't the kid's dad say that he was lying and the dad never let the kid go to the alleged game? Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time that people very close to the situation have said the the accuser(s) are lying?

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I haven't been following closely, but this situation seems strange. When this tape came out, didn't the kid's dad say that he was lying and the dad never let the kid go to the alleged game? Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time that people very close to the situation have said the the accuser(s) are lying?

Well either the worst stuff is true, or that wife is one crazy fucking bitch.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM
This new video begs the question. Would you have sex with Bernie Fine for $5000? Maybe allow some heavy petting?

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM
This new video begs the question. Would you have sex with Bernie Fine for $5000? Maybe allow some heavy petting?

Well the dude was banging his wife for free, so who knows?

GloryDayz
11-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Also, I think Boheim is going to get ****ed here. He might have had no way of knowing, but the blowback from him basically attacking the victim of sexual assault is probably going to look really bad.

I no longer believe anybody who tosses-out accusations more than a week after the alleged event. Sorry, didn't happen...

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I no longer believe anybody who tosses-out accusations more than a week after the alleged event. Sorry, didn't happen...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2624015.gif

VAChief
11-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Every child perv's dream come true.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 03:05 PM
That tape is pretty incriminating. It's too bad the guy didn't get more specific about what was done to him, though. Kudoes to him for working to prove it when no one else would do anything.

Reaper16
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Does ESPN have any moral blame here? They sat on this tape for 8 years?

Chocolate Hog
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
We know they don't molest kids at KU they just pay em'.

Saul Good
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
We know they don't molest kids at KU they just pay em'.

Selby may have accepted molestation as a form of payment.

Chocolate Hog
11-27-2011, 04:33 PM

ROFL

GloryDayz
11-27-2011, 04:48 PM

A was molested by my avatar, and I'm still not over it... I just can't seem to get it out of my mind... I'm something'ed for life...

jAZ
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Does ESPN have any moral blame here? They sat on this tape for 8 years?

That's stunning. That audio tape was release to ESPN in 2003?!? Wow.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
If I've learned one thing from this, it's that I'll never let a coach give me a bedroom in his basement.

CoMoChief
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
How does one allow himself to get molested when they're 27yrs old?

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
How does one allow himself to get molested when they're 27yrs old?:LOL: its not molestation at that point, its just gay sex.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Bigger candy bars.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
PeteThamelNYTPete Thamel
BREAKING: Bernie Fine has been terminated by Syracuse University.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
PeteThamelNYTPete Thamel
BREAKING: Bernie Fine has been terminated by Syracuse University.

Did he have a losing season or something?

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
It's not lost on me that the Penn State scandal featured Jerry, Curley, and Joe, and now we have another scandal with a guy named Fine. If there's a Coach Shemp out there somewhere, we've got our eye on you.

teedubya
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM

If you watched that video... he had to borrow $5000 for school or something and Fine made him work for the money.

And from the video Fine's wife was fucking the guy, too.

Al Bundy
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
It's not lost on me that the Penn State scandal featured Jerry, Curley, and Joe, and now we have another scandal with a guy named Fine. If there's a Coach Shemp out there somewhere, we've got our eye on you.

Curly was the best of the 3 stooges.

Al Bundy
11-27-2011, 06:01 PM

It's called "casting couch".

eazyb81
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Boeheim is an arrogant buffoon and I hope his career is ruined like Paterno's. He had the audacity to say these kids were liars and he backed Fine 100%.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Curly was the best of the 3 stooges.

I agree. But don't sleep in his basement bedroom.

KChiefs1
11-27-2011, 06:18 PM

She is still married to the child rapist?

KChiefs1
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Boeheim is an arrogant buffoon and I hope his career is ruined like Paterno's. He had the audacity to say these kids were liars and he backed Fine 100%.

This.

VAChief
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM

He just recently made a statement backing the decision to fire Fine. He said he regretted making the initial statements about the victims.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
He just recently made a statement backing the decision to fire Fine. He said he regretted making the initial statements about the victims.

Maybe it's unfair of me to say this. But given the state of college sports, I completely do not buy that he didn't have knowledge that this was happening on some level.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
She is still married to the child rapist?

Well he is her meal ticket.