PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Urban Meyer has agreed to take Ohio State job

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-18-2011, 07:04 PM
SPORTSbyBROOKSSPORTSbyBROOKS

Urban Meyer has agreed to take Ohio State job. Staff likely to include Fickell, current LSU assistant http://bit.ly/tOOoge

O.city
11-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Wow. I'm starting to really dislike Urbhan Meyer. I think he just wanted out at Florida cause he knew they were gonna suck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Now that is awesome.

chiefzilla1501
11-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Wow. I'm starting to really dislike Urbhan Meyer. I think he just wanted out at Florida cause he knew they were gonna suck.

Roy Williams syndrome. Everybody's known for a long time that this was his dream job.

Chocolate Hog
11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Good.

KcMizzou
11-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Now that is awesome.Heh.

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Or maybe there's a child rape scandal brewing he wanted to be out of the state for.

Shogun
11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Take this for what its worth.... but my cousins step dad has a mom whos a realitor in Leawood.... and hes looking for a house.

Royal Fanatic
11-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Take this for what its worth.... but my cousins step dad has a mom whos a realitor in Leawood.... and hes looking for a house.

The 1990s called and they want their joke back.

Shogun
11-18-2011, 07:32 PM

The 1980's called and they want their team back.

Look I can make jokes too

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-18-2011, 07:35 PM
The 1980's called and they want their team back.

Look I can make jokes too

That would be pretty funny....if you didn't have a Royal Av as well

Shogun
11-18-2011, 07:36 PM
That would be pretty funny....if you didn't have a Royal Av as well

Its a love hate relationshit.

The Bad Guy
11-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Meyer is denying it, but SportsbyBrooks has broken tons of college football stories.

Demonpenz
11-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Weeklyworldnews.com just broke the story that Bat-boy is near Olathe!

Sam Hall
11-18-2011, 10:47 PM
This had to be the worst-kept secret of the college football season. The man just can't stay away, despite his health concerns.

Sam Hall
11-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Kirk Herbstreit as QB coach?

Saul Good
11-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Good to see that Ohio State is committed to cleaning up their program after their scandal. Meyer runs a tight ship, so you won't see any of his kids running afoul of the law.

the Talking Can
11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Good to see that Ohio State is committed to cleaning up their program after their scandal. Meyer runs a tight ship, so you won't see any of his kids running afoul of the law.

is this a joke?

mcaj22
11-19-2011, 08:32 AM
this is absolutely a slap in the face to Penn State.

Penn State literally had Urban Meyer in their BACK YARD. He bought a house in State College (no I am not trying to play on the joke), he seriously bought a house because his daughter committed to Penn State to play volleyball. This guy LIVES there, has been seen on campus, etc. And because of everything that happens, takes a coaching job with one of their if not Penn State's biggest rival in the Big Ten.

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2011, 08:45 AM
this is absolutely a slap in the face to Penn State.

Penn State literally had Urban Meyer in their BACK YARD. He bought a house in State College (no I am not trying to play on the joke), he seriously bought a house because his daughter committed to Penn State to play volleyball. This guy LIVES there, has been seen on campus, etc. And because of everything that happens, takes a coaching job with one of their if not Penn State's biggest rival in the Big Ten.

I can't tell if you're joking or serious.

Urban Meyer had a contract clause at Florida that he could leave if the Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Michigan jobs became available. He grew up in Toledo, Ohio and went to school in Cincinnati, so he has a ton of roots in Ohio. He was a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

Plus, why would you want to live in Happy Valley over Columbus? Why would you want to replace a legend versus a very respected coach (but clearly not legendary)?

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2011, 09:09 AM
is this a joke?

I was wondering the same thing.

But I'll again point out that apart from the cover-up, Ohio State simply got caught doing the things that every single D-1 school does (and I'm sure every school is covering a lot of stuff up to some degree). Actually, they got caught doing the things that have become necessary means to compete. As I've said before a few months ago, the media is obsessed with taking down Ohio State. If you don't believe that, check out the laughable way the media and the NCAA handled Oregon and Miami. When was the last time we heard ANYTHING about Miami?

cardken
11-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Roy Williams syndrome. Everybody's known for a long time that this was his dream job.

Dream job to take over a "troubled and old" program in a weakening conference. Nice work, Dream Big!

the Talking Can
11-19-2011, 02:58 PM

But I'll again point out that apart from the cover-up, Ohio State simply got caught doing the things that every single D-1 school does (and I'm sure every school is covering a lot of stuff up to some degree). Actually, they got caught doing the things that have become necessary means to compete. As I've said before a few months ago, the media is obsessed with taking down Ohio State. If you don't believe that, check out the laughable way the media and the NCAA handled Oregon and Miami. When was the last time we heard ANYTHING about Miami?

yeah...the old 'media hates osu' thing....jesus

osu fans are a riot....dumb, but a riot

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2011, 03:06 PM

QFT.

jAZ
11-19-2011, 03:09 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/250/452449500_1f7ab19deb.jpg

bevischief
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
From the ocean to winter... Whatever...

The Bad Guy
11-19-2011, 05:44 PM

What a whining shitbag you are.

The Bad Guy
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I can't tell if you're joking or serious.

Urban Meyer had a contract clause at Florida that he could leave if the Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Michigan jobs became available. He grew up in Toledo, Ohio and went to school in Cincinnati, so he has a ton of roots in Ohio. He was a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

Plus, why would you want to live in Happy Valley over Columbus? Why would you want to replace a legend versus a very respected coach (but clearly not legendary)?

Yeah, like Columbus is some mecca. Columbus is fucking terrible.

BigMeatballDave
11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, like Columbus is some mecca. Columbus is fucking terrible.

Heh, compared to Happy Valley Columbus IS a mecca.

Happy Valley is isolated.

The Bad Guy
11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Heh, compared to Happy Valley Columbus IS a mecca.

Happy Valley is isolated.

I highly doubt the surrounding attractions is the main reason Meyer chose Ohio State (if the report is true).

Penn State would be smart to bring back Al Golden.

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Dream job to take over a "troubled and old" program in a weakening conference. Nice work, Dream Big!

He grew up in Ohio, he was a graduate assistant there, and he specifically listed it in his top 3 places he would opt-out of when he was in Florida in order to get a head coaching gig. I'm not saying it's a dream job for everyone, but it's pretty clear that he really wanted this even when he took the job at Florida.

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Like I've said, OSU deserved every bit of punishment they got. They should have been punished in the Sugar Bowl last year. Shameless that they weren't.

But look at the price they paid for the violations they committed. They had multiple players serve 5-game suspensions and they lost their head coach. Oregon cheated and got a COMPETITIVE advantage and they may very well end up in the BCS championship game without a fucking game of punishment. Auburn cheated to bring a Heisman QB in, and they won the national championship game and suffered zero. Whereas OSU got busted for free tattoos and a few hundred dollars in booster support, Miami got busted for $2M in booster support. What happened to them? A few players got multi-game suspensions, but the majority of the important ones were suspended for one game.

OSU is a tarnished program, but is anyone going to sit here and tell me that they did anything worse than Oregon, Auburn, and Miami? Or that the stuff OSU got caught for isn't stuff taht's a problem everywhere?

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, like Columbus is some mecca. Columbus is ****ing terrible.

Are you saying that because you know? Or because you're assuming?

Happy Valley is a college town. Columbus is a city and the 15th biggest city in the US (bigger than Kansas City). For a college program, Columbus is a very good place to live. Colin Cowherd said it was one of the top 5 most sought after coaching jobs in the U.S. because it's one of the few places you can get an elite program and still have a very good place to live.

BigMeatballDave
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM
What a whining shitbag you are.

LOL Ohio State haters cry more than anyone.

Saul Good
11-19-2011, 07:57 PM
is this a joke?

Yes it is.