PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scary Cassel thought that just ran through my head...

Pages : [1] 2

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:09 AM
If Pioli is 100 percent invested in Cassel, and won't ever let anyone bench him...why would any credible head coach come here?

If Haley is fired, and Pioli demands that Cassel be the QB for whoever the new coach is, we're going to end up with some staff promotion or some foot-shuffling porter of a HC who just wants a HC job and will do anything the GM says so he can move up.

I honestly can't think of a reason ANY head coach who's worth anything would come here if he's roped into starting Cassel, who is clearly a classic coach killer.

Scary thought.

Pawnmower
11-20-2011, 12:10 AM
HI LOVER

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Good point. I hope Pioli isn't thinking this though. Although why Cassel hasn't been benched before his injury is beyond me. I'd like to thank there are 31 other teams that would've made a change by this point. It just wasn't working.

SNR
11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Pioli isn't that stupid. No GM is. Not even Carl is that stupid.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:17 AM

We have already seen Pioli do incredibly stupid things here. No reason to think he will change.

Who's going to admit they made a mistake first, Pioli or Hunt? How many years are we going to wait for that admission?

It scares me, bros.

So much time lost already.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 12:18 AM
So, which is it?

Does Haley suck, or is Cassel a coach killer?

Can't have it both ways.

cdcox
11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
http://sportsblog.projo.com/mcdaniels0112.jpg

Chiefs=Good
11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
If Cassel is still our qb into the future, then who gives a fuck who the coach is.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
So, which is it?

Does Haley suck, or is Cassel a coach killer?

Can't have it both ways.

Sure you can.

Even Mike Shanahan went to the playoffs with Jake Plummer.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2011, 12:23 AM

Or this could be the type of football he and Haley want to play: Herm ball, ie play not to lose, have a game manager at QB, don't screw it up, good defense, etc. That's the only logical explanation I can find in not benching Cassel sooner.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Simple. Haley wont be fired.

If I were Haley, I would give Pioli a great big middle finger and tell him to fire me. It's the GM's job to sign the talent. It's the coaches job to field the best players that give you the best chance of winning the games.

I have to believe Haley believes in Cassel and it's not just Pioli forcing him down his throat. There's no reason Cassel should be in the 4th quarters he's in when the team is down by 30+ points. I get that Palko is garbage as well and Stanzi hasn't been active, but wtf.

SNR
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
We have already seen Pioli do incredibly stupid things here. No reason to think he will change.

Who's going to admit they made a mistake first, Pioli or Hunt? How many years are we going to wait for that admission?

It scares me, bros.

So much time lost already.If he's that desperate to start Cassel, he'll keep Haley as coach, who has no testicles when it comes to the important positions on the field.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
It's been three years with Cassel. Why is everyone so hell bent on the thought that Pioli has handcuffed Haley to Cassel and that Cassel will outlive Haley? Honestly, I understand feeling condemned to live this over and over, but it is getting ridiculous.

I can understand the 'Haley might be fired' train of thought, as well as the 'Cassel might be fired' train of thought, but to think that a GM, who has kids to feed, is going all in on one person due to a second round pick given to acquire him and another player, is just a flat out stretch IMO.

As they say on Monday Night Football; COME ON MAN!!!!

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:28 AM
If he's that desperate to start Cassel, he'll keep Haley as coach, who has no testicles when it comes to the important positions on the field.

Wrong. Someone has to be the scapegoat for this mess.

That's how it always works in the NFL. Always. Heads roll.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Wrong. Someone has to be the scapegoat for this mess.

That's how it always works in the NFL. Always. Heads roll.

The scapegoat would be the injuries...

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:31 AM
to think that a GM, who has kids to feed, is going all in on one person due to a second round pick given to acquire him and another player, is just a flat out stretch IMO.

LMAO

Pioli's contract is guaranteed. He gets paid the same no matter what, so his "kids are going to be fed" :rolleyes: no matter what.

People in this business are stupid loyal to "their guys."

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:32 AM

To quote Bill Parcells, "no one gives a shit."

Michael Holley brings up the old saying from Bill Parcells on injuries: "Nobody gives a (bleep)." Pioli says he was with Mark Shapiro, GM (now president) of the Cleveland Indians, the night before his wedding and the Indians were going through a bunch of injuries. So Parcells says to Shapiro at one point in the weekend: "Listen, nobody gives a (bleep)."

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
LMAO

Pioli's contract is guaranteed. He gets paid the same no matter what, so his "kids are going to be fed" :rolleyes: no matter what.

People in this business are stupid loyal to "their guys."

Yes it is guaranteed, much like Shannahan has with the Bronco and the Redskins currently. It doesn't stop them from being relieved of their position and forced to hope someone else scoops them up. COME ON MAN!!

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
To quote Bill Parcells, "no one gives a shit."

Is that why you made a thread about this?

KC Tattoo
11-20-2011, 12:34 AM
I think we are living in some sort of weird Twilight Zone life episode. I meen say Palko convinces our coaches & FO to be our next QBotf yet just to be another notsogood rehash back up QB that does just good enough to convince our coaches that he is the guy for next season and then after going two years with him we go back to via FA or trade for another back up QBs or rehash 28+yo QB it it just never ever EVER ENDS...............

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Yes it is guaranteed, much like Shannahan has with the Bronco and the Redskins currently. It doesn't stop them from being relieved of their position and forced to hope someone else scoops them up. COME ON MAN!!

Clark is not firing Pioli. It's not his MO.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:37 AM
To add:

As far as loyalties go, what trend is there, that Pioli is one to be THAT loyal to his players? If anything, from being alongside Belichick, he has learned to cut losses when necessary. There is a fine line between over-reacting and allowing a player time to develop. He is walking on that rope as we speak, but we have not one clue which way he will fall, as it stands.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Clark is not firing Pioli. It's not his MO.

This must be insider info. How do you know? Or is this another hunch, like Haley will be fired. You are so in tune with the FO's thoughts that your already pissed off. It seems like a giant circle you are running yourself through.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Everything we know about Clark says he will not fire Pioli until his contract is up.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Everything we know about Clark says he will not fire Pioli until his contract is up.

Ok, I can give that one to you, but you have still not answered why you believe Pioli will be loyal to Cassel over Haley.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:56 AM
To add:

As far as loyalties go, what trend is there, that Pioli is one to be THAT loyal to his players?

The fucker traded for Mike Vrabel, and a year after he was one of the worst defenders in football, handed him another starting job with 0 competition.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Ok, I can give that one to you, but you have still not answered why you believe Pioli will be loyal to Cassel over Haley.

Because he has more invested in Cassel.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Because he has more invested in Cassel.

But I trust a business man like Pioli to be able to recognize a bad investment and to cut losses. Have we seen any evidence that he wouldn't do, as such?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Not really. But again, we're talking about a guy who's solution to the OT problem was to hand a job to Barry Richardson and bring in Jared Gaither and some New England fuck as backups.

This was a year after Ryan O'Callaghan was our only backup OT.

He has a history of doing dumb things.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Not really. But again, we're talking about a guy who's solution to the OT problem was to hand a job to Barry Richardson and bring in Jared Gaither and some New England **** as backups.

This was a year after Ryan O'Callaghan was our only backup OT.

He has a history of doing dumb things.

But now we are switching positions. As I said before, there is a fine line between player development and neglecting a position. I think Richardson showed an ability (though, in hindsight, it was against weak competition) to deserve a shot at the RT position , especially with a shortened off season. He was an upgrade over O'Callighan and that was all we saw last year. Richardson earned his chance last year, and failed with it this year.

Fritz88
11-20-2011, 01:17 AM
TEBOW
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 01:18 AM
But now we are switching positions. As I said before, there is a fine line between player development and neglecting a position. I think Richardson showed an ability (though, in hindsight, it was against weak competition) to deserve a shot at the RT position , especially with a shortened off season. He was an upgrade over O'Callighan and that was all we saw last year. Richardson earned his chance last year, and failed with it this year.

There is no way he deserved to be handed the job outright with 0 competition.

Pioli does dumb things. Continually. At some point you come to the conclusion he is dumb.

And you don't have to switch positions. We haven't brought in any competition, not even a decent backup to Cassel, in three years. Why? Because Pioli thinks Cassel is the guy. He's blinded by some head-up-his-ass belief in the guy that he formed long ago.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 01:21 AM

Pioli does dumb things. Continually. At some point you come to the conclusion he is dumb.

And you don't have to switch positions. We haven't brought in any competition, not even a decent backup to Cassel, in three years. Why? Because Pioli thinks Cassel is the guy. He's blinded by some head-up-his-ass belief in the guy that he formed long ago.

The reason I brought up a change of positions was the discussion you and I were originally having was how loyal Pioli is to Cassel due to how much he invested in him. It goes off topic if you use another player's position to back up how you feel Pioli is loyal to Cassel, due to investment.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 01:26 AM
The way I see it is you need to view each position in their own timelines, since each person hasn't been a starter at that position as long as others have and each position takes more or less time to adjust to. You can't look at one bad situation and develop an idea of how poor a person's decisions are. It requires time and patience. But trust me if there isn't a contingency plan in place for Cassel after this year I will be screaming about it right beside you. He's had his time and has done nothing with it. But to bunch Pioli in with Cassel's poor performance, right now, is premature.

EDIT: I want to add that it seems you think you have everything figured out. That is why I had an issue with what you said. You appear to be the kind of person that plans for the worst to not be disappointed. Just relax and see what happens.

Von Dumbass
11-20-2011, 01:28 AM
You guys could hire Rick Dennison to be your HC. I think Cassel would flourish in Shanny's version of the WC offense and Charles would love running the ball in that system.

BigRock
11-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Clark has repeatedly preached stability. He's said it from the day after Carl left right up to his comments to the media a few weeks ago. He wants to be like the Steelers, not a team that's re-shuffling every 3 years.

Hiring a coach who would want to come in and blow everything up would not only go against Clark's stated goal, it would officially start the clock ticking on Pioli.

To me, that would suggest one of two things: Haley's not going anywhere, or Pioli's going to replace him with some geek from the Patriots tree (e.g. McDaniels) who would come in and not make wholesale changes. New coach, but Cassel stays, Romeo stays, etc.

So if you really want Haley fired, do you want it bad enough to have him replaced with someone who will come in with a fresh new commitment to Cassel? Because that could be the choice.

Von Dumbass
11-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Seriously. Rick Dennison would be a great hire for the Chiefs if Pioli really is committed to Cassel. Cassel is pretty mobile and could do some great things with the bootlegs that Dennison would call. I mean Cassel does kind of bring the same things to the table that Jake Plummer did.

beach tribe
11-20-2011, 05:19 AM
The ****er traded for Mike Vrabel, and a year after he was one of the worst defenders in football, handed him another starting job with 0 competition.

Do you really think Pioli tells Crennel who to play??
I've stood by you man, but the shit you've puked on this board lately points to you being a Gawd damned idiot when it comes to anything outside of video production.

beach tribe
11-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Let me make this CLEAR for everyone. Since it's so hard for some to understand.
Pioli, and Haley are NOT getting fired.
Whether they get another QB, I don't know, but just let go of the notion that either of them will not be here.
It's just fucking STUPID.

HMc
11-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Presuming Pioli is of the view (or coming to the view) that Cassel isn't up to it, he will eventually do something about it. So far he's been more motivated to keep him on the field than he has to remove him from it (there could be numerous reasons for that, the most likely one being that he thinks there's a chance he'll come good and possibly because he doesn't wish to admit that the trade was ultimately a shit move), but eventually that will change.

Pioli is answerable to the results on the field. If not to Clark, then to his legacy and his future employment options. If you think he's loyal to Cassel, I guarantee you that he's more loyal to himself, and there will come a point where he realises that Cassel is an inferior option to whatever other options are available, and is making him look bad.

milkman
11-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Sure you can.

Even Mike Shanahan went to the playoffs with Jake Plummer.

Jake Plummer was better QB than Matt Cassel.
He had a propensity to make stupid mistakes, but he was better atjust about every aspect of quarterbacking, especially reading defenses, and he made plays.

Simple. Haley wont be fired.

If I were Haley, I would give Pioli a great big middle finger and tell him to fire me. It's the GM's job to sign the talent. It's the coaches job to field the best players that give you the best chance of winning the games.

I have to believe Haley believes in Cassel and it's not just Pioli forcing him down his throat. There's no reason Cassel should be in the 4th quarters he's in when the team is down by 30+ points. I get that Palko is garbage as well and Stanzi hasn't been active, but wtf.

It possible that Haley wanted Cassel in there, because he needed Cassel to keep working on his mechanics and reads.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Or this could be the type of football he and Haley want to play: Herm ball, ie play not to lose, have a game manager at QB, don't screw it up, good defense, etc. That's the only logical explanation I can find in not benching Cassel sooner.

this has to be the plan otherwise how do you explain three years into the rebuild and the team still plays like Herm is here.

PRIEST
11-20-2011, 06:43 AM

Not only no but hell no

milkman
11-20-2011, 06:45 AM
this has to be the plan otherwise how do you explain three years into the rebuild and the team still plays like Herm is here.

Matt Cassel.

You can't go to a duel with a pop gun.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Matt Cassel.

You can't go to a duel with a pop gun.

exactly, evidently Pioli thinks Matt Cassel is good enough to play Herm Ball but he isnt.

tmax63
11-20-2011, 06:59 AM
They started with a bare cupboard of talent 3 years ago. They started fixing all the obvious that they could see. Last year, after a horrid previous year, they played against soft competition and got skewed results that showed more promise than was warranted. I expect to see more changes this offseason after showing they can't compete against the better teams. I would like to see this team decide on a good OC and get some continuity started on offense. Personal preference but I'd also like to see a more aggressive D as opposed to the "read and react" Romeo employs. I don't see Pioli and Haley as major problems that need to be solved. Their triage order is obviously different than some here but who are we to believe is right, guys that have been doing this as their job for years or several or arm-chair BB coaches/GM.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 07:04 AM
They started with a bare cupboard of talent 3 years ago. They started fixing all the obvious that they could see. Last year, after a horrid previous year, they played against soft competition and got skewed results that showed more promise than was warranted. I expect to see more changes this offseason after showing they can't compete against the better teams. I would like to see this team decide on a good OC and get some continuity started on offense. Personal preference but I'd also like to see a more aggressive D as opposed to the "read and react" Romeo employs. I don't see Pioli and Haley as major problems that need to be solved.

i agree the schedule last year gave the impression the team was on the right track, even made Cassel look like a pro bowler but then when you trace back to 2009 when Cassel filled in for Brady he had the same soft schedule vs the NFC west.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Let me make this CLEAR for everyone. Since it's so hard for some to understand.

Pioli, and Haley are NOT getting fired.

Whether they get another QB, I don't know, but just let go of the notion that either of them will not be here.

SOMEONE has to take the fall for this.

In three years they have built a team 'o shit.

We are not even CLOSE to competing with the top teams in this league. Inexcusable.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 07:11 AM

We are not even CLOSE to competing with the top teams in this league. Inexcusable.

i agree

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:12 AM

No. But what choice does he have when it's either Vrabel or Andy Studebaker, who sucks?

What choice does Haley have when it's Cassel or bags of shit like Tyler Palko and Brodie Croyle?

The guy's idea of starting a competition at RT in 2009 was pitting Ike Ndukwe against Ryan O'Callaghan. ROFL

The dude is a shit GM and keeps proving it over and over again, and he'll prove it again this offseason when we waltz into 2012 with Matt Cassel as our unquestioned starter.

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:12 AM

That someone has to be Matt Cassel.

Every great coach in this league from Vince Lombardi to Bill Belichick have been made by a great QB.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 07:16 AM
That someone has to be Matt Cassel.

Every great coach in this league from Vince Lombardi to Bill Belichick have been made by a great QB.

and Pioli traded for Cassel

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:20 AM
and Pioli traded for Cassel

We all know with near certainty that Hunt isn't going to fire Pioli.

That leaves Haley and Cassel.

You fire Haley, and the next coach is stuck with Cassel.

I still support Haley and believe he'll get it, but if you fire Haley and cut Cassel, I can live with that.

But whatever happens, Cassel has to go.

BoneKrusher
11-20-2011, 07:30 AM

I still support Haley and believe he'll get it, but if you fire Haley and cut Cassel, I can live with that.

i agree 100% that Cassel has to go i was just saying trading for a terrible QB to start the rebuild is on Pioli's clock.

Fritz88
11-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Haley must go too. He's proved to be nothing but a WR groomer.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Haley must go too. He's proved to be nothing but a WR groomer.
Posted via Mobile Device

How, pray tell, has he proven that?

Hog Farmer
11-20-2011, 07:34 AM
I just don't think Pioli is as married to Cassel as some believe. Pioli is a business man whose job is to build a championship team . He can see what the weaknesses of the team are.

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 07:35 AM

I don't think Haley has proven anything in KC, good or bad, but he has made enough serious mistakes to justify his firing.

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:37 AM
I don't think Haley has proven anything in KC, good or bad, but he has made enough serious mistakes to justify his firing.

I won't argue that he hasn't made some stupid mistakes.

I will argue the claim that Fritz made.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2011, 07:42 AM

I think he's proven that he's capable of getting players to play at the top of their potential. And given how the Chiefs have signed their top players like Charles and Flowers for peanuts, he seems to have won his players over.

From a game management/playcalling standpoint, he still has some ways to go. But I'm still not convinced that a lot of what's holding him back is lack of faith in the QB. It's pretty clear he's designed an offense where the run sets up the pass, and the passing game is built to avoid making mistakes.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2011, 07:47 AM
It's been three years with Cassel. Why is everyone so hell bent on the thought that Pioli has handcuffed Haley to Cassel and that Cassel will outlive Haley? Honestly, I understand feeling condemned to live this over and over, but it is getting ridiculous.

I can understand the 'Haley might be fired' train of thought, as well as the 'Cassel might be fired' train of thought, but to think that a GM, who has kids to feed, is going all in on one person due to a second round pick given to acquire him and another player, is just a flat out stretch IMO.

As they say on Monday Night Football; COME ON MAN!!!!

QBs take time to develop.

#1 - Shame on Pioli for watching Cassel for several years up close in New England and thinking he was a long-term answer.

#2 - Any real GM who saw Cassel's miserable performance in 2009 would have questioned if he was the long-term answer. Since QBs take time to develop, he would have brought in some kind of a long-term backup option at QB. In 3 years, the best we have to offer is a journeyman noodle-armed QB and a 5th round pick. I like Stanzi, but let's be real here... he was brought in because of draft value, not because Pioli believed he needed a young gun.

I'm not terribly upset about Pioli making the Cassel trade. I just can't believe how stubborn he has been in insisting he is the only answer. He handcuffed Haley by giving him no real competition to replace Cassel.

stonedstooge
11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I just don't think Pioli is as married to Cassel as some believe. Pioli is a business man whose job is to build a championship team . He can see what the weaknesses of the team are.

I'm not sure if Pioli is to build a championship team or to try and field a competitive team as cheap as possible. Still sitting on $30 some million dollars cap space with 4 major role players injured. Why hasn't this team at least tried to bring in a player or two? It pisses me off that the Chiefs are 1 game out of first and Clark and Pioli are tanking the season

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
They started with a bare cupboard of talent 3 years ago. They started fixing all the obvious that they could see. Last year, after a horrid previous year, they played against soft competition and got skewed results that showed more promise than was warranted. I expect to see more changes this offseason after showing they can't compete against the better teams. I would like to see this team decide on a good OC and get some continuity started on offense. Personal preference but I'd also like to see a more aggressive D as opposed to the "read and react" Romeo employs. I don't see Pioli and Haley as major problems that need to be solved. Their triage order is obviously different than some here but who are we to believe is right, guys that have been doing this as their job for years or several or arm-chair BB coaches/GM.

The team starts with the QB, and he messed that decision up big time.

The second is that if you don't like Romeo's defense, then tough. Because Pioli insisted on building around that scheme even before Romeo was in the picture. Tyson Jackson is solid for a 2-gap 3-4. But he's not built for any other kind of a 3-4.

Which leads me to believe that Pioli is only good at building around one scheme. Meanwhile, New England and Atlanta (under Thomas Dimitroff) are building talent in schemes they are less familiar with. Both are running a 4-3.

Pioli should be building around the talent, not force-fitting talent to fit into the one scheme he knows.

Fritz88
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM

He got a lot out of Bowe in KC, after doing the same with Larry in AZ. He is doing the same with Baldwin now.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
11-20-2011, 08:01 AM
He got a lot out of Bowe in KC, after doing the same with Larry in AZ. He is doing the same with Baldwin now.
Posted via Mobile Device

You said that he "only" proven that he's a WR groomer.

You didn't mention DJ or Tamba.

Or Jovan Belcher.

You may not think highly of Belcher, But you can't argue he hasn't gotten the most out of those three guys, including Belcher.

Hog Farmer
11-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure if Pioli is to build a championship team or to try and field a competitive team as cheap as possible. Still sitting on $30 some million dollars cap space with 4 major role players injured. Why hasn't this team at least tried to bring in a player or two? It pisses me off that the Chiefs are 1 game out of first and Clark and Pioli are tanking the season

Pioli knows the team needs to be built thru the draft and we don't have the talent right now that we are 2 players away. Unless that one player is Peyton Manning.

Red Beans
11-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Holy Shit! A voice of reason!

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Wallow in it
let your skin soak up the minerals of your own dispare
floss your digest track with razor wire & put it on youtube

lcarus
11-20-2011, 08:15 AM
If Cassel is still our qb into the future, then who gives a **** who the coach is.

This

Dave Lane
11-20-2011, 08:16 AM
You said that he "only" proven that he's a WR groomer.

You didn't mention DJ or Tamba.

Or Jovan Belcher.

You may not think highly of Belcher, But you can't argue he hasn't gotten the most out of those three guys, including Belcher.

And Flowers and Carr. Dude gets way more out of his players than 90% of coaches in the league. The fact he cant get or won't trust Cassel with the game in the balance is not his fault, Cassel is what he his and I believe has reached the ceiling of his ability.

Cassel is very limited and Haley knows it, it's obvious from the play calling. When you have Jackie fucking Battle as your lead running back you are totally fucked. And still Haley stays away from any long passes because of his QB and RT.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Dude gets way more out of his players than 90% of coaches in the league.

Or maybe those players are just talented.

Haley has gotten jack shit from guys like Donald Washington and Barry Richardson.

milkman
11-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Haley has gotten jack shit from guys like Donald Washington and Barry Richardson.

There are guys with talent that never play to the level of their talent.

And no one can get everyone to buy in.

And in some cases, a turd is just a turd, and you can't get more from a turd than shit.

lcarus
11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't necessarily think Pioli will give Cassel another year. He gave him 3 years, I think that's a fair amount of time. We all think (and know) that 3 years was just a waste, but the fact is Pioli probably saw some good things out of Cassel last season, wanted to see if he could take it to the next level this season, and it hasn't worked out. Time to move on.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Hali, Bowe, Carr, Albert were all the subject of ridicule
now they're seen as the foundation
Time

lcarus
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Hali, Bowe, Carr, Albert were all the subject of ridicule
now they're seen as the foundation
Time

It's a good point that we shouldn't close the book on all players. Especially young ones. Cassel is another story though. He's nearly 30 and is still terribad.

I'll be the first to admit I thought Carr and Hali as a defensive end in a 4-3 were hot garbage. I wouldn't have shed a tear if the team gave up on them years ago. That's why 99.9999% of fans would fail as GMs. Face it...most of us are fickle and don't have the patience to allow a player to grow.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 09:10 AM
There are some urban legends getting started that are a bit disturbing.

Clark was named chairman of the Chiefs in 2005. Carl was told he was out before the end of the 2008 season. Somehow though, Clark has shown an unwillingness to change the GM position...okay

Pioli was named GM for the first time in his career, in 2009. Yet somehow, after 2 1/2 season has shown he is sticking by Cassel. Hell or high water...okay

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 09:11 AM
If Pioli is 100 percent invested in Cassel, and won't ever let anyone bench him...why would any credible head coach come here?

If Haley is fired, and Pioli demands that Cassel be the QB for whoever the new coach is, we're going to end up with some staff promotion or some foot-shuffling porter of a HC who just wants a HC job and will do anything the GM says so he can move up.

I honestly can't think of a reason ANY head coach who's worth anything would come here if he's roped into starting Cassel, who is clearly a classic coach killer.

Scary thought.
Cassel wil be here next year and Haley will too, you may as well get that thought out of your head...

One year removed from the division title + substantial injuries = a pass for Haley... Bank on it.

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Dam...I hate the truth!!

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 09:23 AM

We need to replace all instance of "Clark", "Hunt", and "Clark Hunt" with some goofy smiley of some slobbering idiot.

http://rlv.zcache.com/drooling_smiley_face_ornament-p175951758127945845vv5gn_152.jpg

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Another Clark Hunt sighting..

http://scienceblogs.com/strangerfruit/WindowsLiveWriter/Mmmmmm.roadkilldrool_F1C9/drooling_homer_2.gif

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I've stood by you man, but the shit you've puked on this board lately points to you being a Gawd damned idiot when it comes to anything outside of video production.

I think some of the departures we've had in our coaching staff might suggest that your perfect world of coaches not being meddled with isn't as pristine as you might wish. Jus sayin...

GloryDayz
11-20-2011, 09:33 AM

Perhaps not married, but lovers for sure... I'd say it's approaching a common law marriage though.

Marcellus
11-20-2011, 10:10 AM
What if a giant asteroid hit the planet? Now that is scary shit.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
What if a giant asteroid hit the planet? Now that is scary shit.
And then imagine if it happened when the planet was in mid-air! Scary!

WhiteWhale
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM

Coaches help talented players reach their potential, they don't turn shit into gold.

He's a head coach, not a wizard.

Phobia
11-20-2011, 10:57 AM

You do understand that viable personnel for every position on the field don't just fall out of the sky x32, right? Sometimes these decisions are developmental and sometimes they are best option available. You've figured out this much by now, right? Athletes are funny in that sometimes they can have all the ability in the world but their heads aren't right. The worst thing you can do to an athlete is to get in his head and convince him that he's not good enough or team leadership doesn't have faith in him.

Epic Fail 007
11-20-2011, 10:58 AM

As they say on Monday Night Football; COME ON MAN!!!! Well Im sorry but pioli demands cassel to be starter no matter what its a fact.Yes its stupid but thats how it is.Just like Carl /Grbac love affair.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 11:02 AM
You do understand that viable personnel for every position on the field don't just fall out of the sky x32, right? Sometimes these decisions are developmental and sometimes they are best option available. You've figured out this much by now, right? Athletes are funny in that sometimes they can have all the ability in the world but their heads aren't right. The worst thing you can do to an athlete is to get in his head and convince him that he's not good enough or team leadership doesn't have faith in him.

To go into a season with no viable backup, especially for a team that is contending for the playoffs, is stupid. Not even a Damon Huard-level backup? Is Cassel so insecure he can't handle that?

Imagine if we were 7-2 right now. The season would be fucking blown because Pioli refused to bring in a legit backup QB. People would have a right to be furious with our GM.

Dave Lane
11-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't necessarily think Pioli will give Cassel another year. He gave him 3 years, I think that's a fair amount of time. We all think (and know) that 3 years was just a waste, but the fact is Pioli probably saw some good things out of Cassel last season, wanted to see if he could take it to the next level this season, and it hasn't worked out. Time to move on.

Agreement = total.

Dave Lane
11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Coaches help talented players reach their potential, they don't turn shit into gold.

He's a head coach, not a wizard.

Well in Skyrim I can do it! Why can't Haley work on his Smithing and Alchemy skills?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Well in Skyrim I can do it! Why can't Haley work on his Smithing and Alchemy skills?

Haley should level up his enchanting because that's the only way Cassel is turning into a good QB.

Guru
11-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Scary thought.

You just now thought of this? Seriously?

splatbass
11-20-2011, 02:50 PM

Scary thought.

We don't know that Pioli won't let anyone bench Cassel. I know that is CP conventional wisdom, but there is no proof or evidence it is true.

CP is the perfect example of herd mentality. Someone comes up with an idea and everyone starts believing it is true with no evidence.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Well Im sorry but pioli demands cassel to be starter no matter what its a fact.Yes its stupid but thats how it is.Just like Carl /Grbac love affair.

Link? Source?

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Pioli is going to have turkey egg sized egg on his face if Palko doesn't show anything

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Link? Source?

The Chiefs have never, ever attempted to bring in another legit QB while Cassel has been here. What more proof do you need?

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Link? Source?
www.ericisafuckingmoron.com

splatbass
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
The Chiefs have never, ever attempted to bring in another legit QB while Cassel has been here. What more proof do you need?

They drafted Stanzi. We don't know if he is a legit QB yet, but Haley and Zorn seem to think he will be.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 03:15 PM
How bout this guy... Would you take him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BBognMAW9Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM

2009 we trade for Cassel.

After 2009 we didn't draft QB because we had Croyle, who had a pretty good showing against Baltimore in place of Cassel. Cassel had a bad year, but you put in a 2 round pick, gotta see him another year, to be sure. No need to search for replacements just yet.

We needed to see what we had in our QBs in 2010. Cassel was hot and cold, but showed, overall, that his arrow was pointing up last year. (Yes it was against poor teams. But you need another year to see if it was an anomaly or if it is marked improvement.) Cassel goes down again with the appendectomy in 2010 and Croyle plays terribly. We draft a QB immediately and promote our 3rd string QB. We all know what the FA market looked like for QBs. Why not stick with the guy who knows the offense and has never been given the shot to prove himself?

Who is this legit competition that could have been signed?

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
How bout this guy... Would you take him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BBognMAW9Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As a TE, maybe.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
As a TE, maybe.

6 foot 6 Dude has 4.2 speed.... No need for TE put him at WR

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 03:29 PM
6 foot 6 Dude has 4.2 speed.... No need for TE put him at WR

I know all about him. I watched him pretty much every week.

He's a very good athlete, but a horrible passer.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I know all about him. I watched him pretty much every week.

He's a very good athlete, but a horrible passer.

As bad as Tebow?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Who is this legit competition that could have been signed?

LMAO

Teams sign competent backup quarterbacks every offseason.

And FYI, I'm not necessarily asking for competition at the QB position. It's clear they will never have any competition there. Cassel is treated as a legit franchise QB.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
As bad as Tebow?

Probably even.

Either way, that style of play does not win in the NFL.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Probably even.

Either way, that style of play does not win in the NFL.

Damn... Thats pretty bad

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2011, 04:56 PM
LMAO

Teams sign competent backup quarterbacks every offseason.

And FYI, I'm not necessarily asking for competition at the QB position. It's clear they will never have any competition there. Cassel is treated as a legit franchise QB.

Okay, you think what you want, I am just saying that there is no evidence to suggest you need to think that way. But keep on, keeping on. :thumb:

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Okay, you think what you want, I am just saying that there is no evidence to suggest you need to think that way. But keep on, keeping on. :thumb:

The franchise has made zero effort to solidify the QB position outside of Cassel. That indicates they are all-in with the guy. Your head may be stuck in the sand, but mine certainly is not.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
The franchise has made zero effort to solidify the QB position outside of Cassel.

Stanzi.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Stanzi.

Spending a fifth round pick is not making a considerable effort to ensure you have a competent backup or, in the case of epic flameout, a replacement.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Croyle regressed under this regime
as laughable as that seems
Maybe Zorn did Palko some good

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Spending a fifth round pick is not making a considerable effort to ensure you have a competent backup or, in the case of epic flameout, a replacement.

Haley and Zorn seem to think he will be a good QB once he has some time in the system. The fact that YOU don't think it is a significant effort doesn't mean that the Chiefs don't. And who the **** are you anyway? A guy that jumps on and off the bandwagon more often than you change your underwear. Your opinion is less than worthless.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Haley and Zorn seem to think he will be a good QB once he has some time in the system.

Actually, it has been reported several times that the Chiefs see Stanzi as nothing more than a backup.

In any event, spending a fifth-round pick is not adequate effort to ensure you have a backup QB going into the season. If we were in first place right now this would be a fucking disaster.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Actually, it has been reported several times that the Chiefs see Stanzi as nothing more than a backup.

In any event, spending a fifth-round pick is not adequate effort to ensure you have a backup QB going into the season. If we were in first place right now this would be a ****ing disaster.

As I pointed out, your ever changing opinion is less than worthless. I don't know anyone on here that has less knowledge of football than you.

Guru
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM
looks like you have a stalker Gochiefs.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:26 PM
As I pointed out, your ever changing opinion is less than worthless.

My opinion of these guys hasn't changed since last year in the Denver game.

milkman
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Link?

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
My opinion of these guys hasn't changed since last year in the Denver game.

Bullshit. You went from "Suck for Luck" to cheering them on as soon as they won a couple of games. You are the biggest fair weather fan here.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:30 PM
looks like you have a stalker Gochiefs.

Looks like you should mind your own business...;)

splatbass
11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Link?

When he says "has been reported several times" he means by himself, not by real journalists.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Bullshit. You went from "Suck for Luck" to cheering them on as soon as they won a couple of games. You are the biggest fair weather fan here.

Rooting for the Chiefs to win does not mean I believe Haley, Pioli or Cassel are competent. Amazing how people keep thinking it means that.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
When he says "has been reported several times" he means by himself, not by real journalists.

Kent Babb reported it.

milkman
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Kent Babb reported it.

Link.

O.city
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
The Matt Cassel era in KC is over.

Put that to bed.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
It ain't over until Powers Boothe says so

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Put that to bed.

LMAO

Amazing that people believe this after all that has happened under this regime.

This team will enter next year with the belief they can win the division.

No way they sacrifice that hope by starting a rookie.

Guru
11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Looks like you should mind your own business...;)

Who? Me? LMAO

whoman69
11-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Kent Babb reported it.

He reported that for this year, saying nothing of long term.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 05:58 PM
One of those Star guys also said that both Haley & Pioli had lost faith in Cassel

[picture of a mercury lynx]

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Proof that the Chiefs are retarded: today Cardinals QB Skelton goes 6-19 99 yards 0 tds 3 INTs before the game is over. Guess what? He got benched. Matt Cassel has those same stats for a WHOLE GAME and his job is safe he doesn't get benched. We are getting screwed as fans for that type of play. Cassel's teammates are getting screwed for that type of play. So tell me why the fuck hasn't he been benched? Any other coach would've benched him by now.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
He reported that for this year, saying nothing of long term.

Nope. He reported that they "see him as a backup."

No one would report that they see him as a backup for this year because, duh.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Just stay at home and save on the flights, we're going to beat you by about 45.

Okie_Apparition
11-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Beat the Barkley into us

splatbass
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Kent Babb reported it.

Link?

L.A. Chieffan
11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
i don't see what the problem is, cassel deserves more time.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Smartest Chiefs fan on this forum:thumb:

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
This could be like the Titans game in 2009 when we beat them 59-0, i hope so.

L.A. Chieffan
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Smartest Chiefs fan on this forum:thumb:

Maybe the only REAL one.

3rd&48ers
11-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Maybe the only REAL one.

I have noticed alot of the fans here give up real easily and you are like the enegizer bunny of Chief fans:thumb:

FringeNC
11-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Put that to bed.

We are currently 28th or so in offense, a ranking that I'd argue is not consistent with our talent level. If the offense improves from pathetic to respectable under Palko, which I expect, you are correct. Cassel is done here.

If we finish the season ranked as low as we are now, I don't know what will happen, but I'd guess Haley is gone.

milkman
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Link?

He doesn't one.

He's making shit up.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 06:35 PM
He doesn't one.

He's making shit up.

LMAO

I'm not making it up. Babb definitely reported this. Sorry that I do not archive every fucking report.

milkman
11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
LMAO

I'm not making it up. Babb definitely reported this. Sorry that I do not archive every ****ing report.

Sorry.

I've read every Babb report, and I haven't read anything that suggested what you claim.

I am not putting anything into a Stanzi basket.
The likelyhood that he'll ever be anything more than a backup is almost non-existent, but there's no way in hell anyone from the Chiefs said that to Babb.

It's bullshit.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Pioli will be here for at least ten years total, and Haley probably gets another two years. Cassel is done here. JMO. You know what, that's a good thing in my book. Starting a merry-go-round in the front office will not foster a winning environment.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 06:57 PM

LOL the trolling shtick is tired

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
This could be like the Titans game in 2009 when we beat them 59-0, i hope so.

If you are a Pats fan trying to troll, you are wasting your time.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Sorry.

I've read every Babb report, and I haven't read anything that suggested what you claim.

I am not putting anything into a Stanzi basket.
The likelyhood that he'll ever be anything more than a backup is almost non-existent, but there's no way in hell anyone from the Chiefs said that to Babb.

It's bullshit.

I don't think it was in an article, it was on twitter or in the Chiefs blog.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting a merry-go-round in the front office will not foster a winning environment.

Guess what: WE'RE NOT IN A WINNING ENVIRONMENT RIGHT NOW.

We have nothing to lose by cutting bait with these overrated, overpaid schmucks.

NOTHING.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:07 PM

We have nothing to lose by cutting bait with these overrated, overpaid schmucks.

NOTHING.

Typical overreactionary bullshit from the master of overreacting and shit-spewing.

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't think it was in an article, it was on twitter or in the Chiefs blog.

So it was on twitter or the Chiefs blog several times.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Typical overreactionary bullshit from the master of overreacting and shit-spewing.

Please. Did you see me posting anything like this last year? Or in 2009? Hell no. I wasn't calling for anyone's head to roll.

Enough is enough.

We have accomplished nothing in three years. We have no proven system on either side of the ball. We're still looking for positions that needed to be filled three years ago.

And we're getting blown out, just like we were three years ago.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
So it was on twitter or the Chiefs blog several times.

@kentbabb
Kent Babb

I will tweet this once and once only: Ricky Stanzi is not a candidate to start or even play. Will not factor in the rest of the way.

14 Nov via TweetDeck

I'm not sure if this is the tweet that Gif is referring to, but this tweet stuck out at me when I saw it. Why would Babb be so emphatic about this, after Cassel goes down for the year, and Stanzi is now the number 2? He's but an injury away from playing, it could happen on the first snap tomorrow night.

I don't get it, is Stanzi still going to be inactive and we're going Javier Arenas wildcat if Palko goes down?

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is the tweet that Gif is referring to, but this tweet stuck out at me when I saw it. Why would Babb be so emphatic about this, after Cassel goes down for the year, and Stanzi is now the number 2? He's but an injury away from playing, it could happen on the first snap tomorrow night.

I don't get it, is Stanzi still going to be inactive and we're going Javier Arenas wildcat if Palko goes down?

I saw that tweet posted here, and that only discusses this season.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I saw that tweet posted here, and that only discusses this season.

True, but there was also the new Patriots book review from OTWP where it said Pioli is on the record saying that people are going to wonder how everyone overlooked Stanzi in this draft.

Add to that, Kiper said Stanzi would have the best pro career of any of the qbs taken, and you are stuck with the fact that Pioli is once again trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

We're going to draft Kellen Moore number 4 overall, with Barkely and RGIII still on the board.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is the tweet that Gif is referring to, but this tweet stuck out at me when I saw it.

That's not the tweet I was referring to.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Please. Did you see me posting anything like this last year? Or in 2009? Hell no. I wasn't calling for anyone's head to roll.

Enough is enough.

We have accomplished nothing in three years. We have no proven system on either side of the ball. We're still looking for positions that needed to be filled three years ago.

And we're getting blown out, just like we were three years ago.

You somehow expected our roster to be completely turned over in three years? The problem is with your expectations. The fact is: it would take anyone more than three years to overhaul that shitshow of a roster in 2009.

How would you have done it differently gochiefs? Which super awesome free agents would you have signed to make us better than we are today? The facts are as follows:

1) Free agency since 2009 has not provided anyone a large amount of impact players.
2) 2009 draft class was among the weakest in history across the NFL.
3) The 2010 draft class has performed well for the chiefs. However, this class still needs development time.
4) The 2011 draft class appeared good, but is still developing and cannot yet be judged. Furthermore, the class has had its development hindered by the CBA fiasco.

So in conclusion, you wanted him to replace 45 players across those three offseasons? Pretty unreasonable, imo.

However, the Chiefs are no longer a soft, loser team. They are hard-working, hard-playing team that doesn't give up. They have true leadership in the lockerroom. They have the foundation of a winning culture set. Not that I would expect you to understand that.

milkman
11-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Your words.

"It has been reported several times"

Now we're talking about a tweet.

Which is it, dumbass?

Several times or once?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:20 PM
However, the Chiefs are no longer a soft, loser team.

Yes, we are.

We got our asses kicked by the Miami fucking Dolphins.

We don't do ANYTHING WELL.

ANYTHING.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:23 PM
The problem is with your expectations.

LMAO

You act as if I expected the Chiefs to be SB contenders by year three.

Hell no, man.

Would be nice if we could compete with good teams, though. Not even beat them! Just prove we belong on the same field!

Fuck that, let's lose to 0-7 teams and Tebows.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 07:26 PM

I still don't get it, how can Stanzi not be a factor unless he doesn't move into the #2 spot. Babb tweeted this after Cassel went down, it was already being rumored that he was done for the year, and he still said that Stanzi would not be a factor this year.

Anyway, done hijacking the thread, back on topic. If Cassel is our starter next year, I'm fucking done. Don't give a shit about the poor new HC's plight, fuck this piece of shit team.

I don't even require that they draft a 1st round QB this year. It would be awesome if we can get one of the top 3 guys, but outside of those top guys, I would be just as happy rolling the dice with Stanzi starting from opening day next year and seeing what he can do.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Yes, we are.

We got our asses kicked by the Miami ****ing Dolphins.

We don't do ANYTHING WELL.

ANYTHING.

Way to ignore everything else. You are becoming virtually unbearable on this board. These the same Miami Dolphins who just destroyed the Bills? No team is ever as good or as bad as their record. Anything can happen on any given Sunday. It's the nature of the game.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:28 PM
LMAO

You act as if I expected the Chiefs to be SB contenders by year three.

Hell no, man.

Would be nice if we could compete with good teams, though. Not even beat them! Just prove we belong on the same field!

**** that, let's lose to 0-7 teams and Tebows.

Again, the same teams that just beat the Bills and the Jets? You severely underestimate these teams based on their record.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:31 PM
OK, whatever. Continue to think that it is acceptable that we lose to those kinds of teams at HOME.

We have a losing fucking record at Arrowhead two of the three years of this regime so far.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I would be just as happy rolling the dice with Stanzi starting from opening day next year and seeing what he can do.

LMAO

Stanzi is not going to be the opening day starter next year. LOL at anyone who thinks this is possible.

It's going to be one guy, and one guy only: Matt Cassel.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 07:33 PM
LMAO

Stanzi is not going to be the opening day starter next year. LOL at anyone who thinks this is possible.

It's going to be one guy, and one guy only: Matt Cassel.

So even if we have the chance to get Barkley or RGIII, you think we still don't draft one of those guys?

Bane
11-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Fuck all yall.I'm cakn patnas!!!/Matt Cassel!

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
So even if we have the chance to get Barkley or RGIII, you think we still don't draft one of those guys?

In Pioli's mind we are a playoff contender.

Gotta get a RT or a pass rusher.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
OK, whatever. Continue to think that it is acceptable that we lose to those kinds of teams at HOME.

We have a losing ****ing record at Arrowhead two of the three years of this regime so far.

Both of those teams are also on three game winning streaks.

I'm still not sure what your grand plan to achieve success would have been. There was virtually no way to completely turn the roster over given three years. We still have like 17 roster spots to fill, and Pioli would say the same.

Pioli still needs four more years for a fair assessment. And given the roster and culture change Haley has been charged with putting in place, I'm not sure how you can fairly assess him, either. So your assertion that we shouldn't be getting blown out at this phase in the rebuild is a joke from a practical and well-grounded perspective.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:39 PM

You are so full of shit. Pioli has been quoted multiple times as saying that we are far away from a good roster.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:41 PM
your assertion that we shouldn't be getting blown out at this phase in the rebuild is a joke

New mantra for the true fans: IT'S OK TO GET BLOWN OUT MORE THAN HERM!

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:41 PM
New mantra for the true fans: IT'S OK TO GET BLOWN OUT MORE THAN HERM!

Every post you make is more desperate than the last. You are a joke.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Every post you make is more desperate than the last. You are a joke.

You're damn right I'm desperate. We've been watching one of the shittiest teams in the NFL four of the last five years and it's getting old.

I'll be interested to see how you feel in a month when we're 4-9 and Haley has a few more blowouts under his belt.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 07:45 PM

QB and a pass rusher and we're set.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
You're damn right I'm desperate. We've been watching one of the shittiest teams in the NFL four of the last five years and it's getting old.

I'll be interested to see how you feel in a month when we're 4-9 and Haley has a few more blowouts under his belt.

You act like I haven't looked at the schedule or something. I fully expect to be picking between second and fourth this year.

I also fully expected this team to go 6-10 at the beginning of the year, as did numerous other fans. 4-12 really isn't that far off, especially given the key injuries. But, you wouldn't have anything to prattle about if you didn't over-dramatize the whole thing, now would you?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I also fully expected this team to go 6-10 at the beginning of the year,

When your expectations are that low just about any GM, QB and HC in the league can please you.

Sad.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 07:57 PM
When your expectations are that low just about any GM, QB and HC in the league can please you.

Sad.

In other words, when I make a fair and realistic assessment of:
1) How bad this team was under Carl and Herm
2) How long it takes to overhaul an NFL roster
3) How long it takes to change the culture of an organization

and I am not willing to shitcan a GM and HC in the middle of the process, I am sad.

You are a moron, gochiefs.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Who said anything about firing them both?

I have already accepted Pioli is not going to be fired.

But someone has to take the fall for this crap. That's how this league works.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 08:03 PM

You claiming to know how ANYTHING works is hilarious, let alone an NFL franchise.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:08 PM
You claiming to know how ANYTHING works is hilarious, let alone an NFL franchise.

Um, hello.

Herm Edwards got his ass canned after three years for just about the same fucking level of shitty results.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this shit out. If you are one of the worst teams in the league two out of three years, someone gets fired 90 percent of the time.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Blame does not need to be assigned.

If Pioli is worth his salt, he will rectify the QB issues.

If Cassel comes back to start and a QB is not drafted high, then Pioli is a huge fraud and should never be any team's GM.

FringeNC
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM

The truth is that we are one of the very worst teams in the NFL right now. The offense is non-existent. Sagarin has us rated in the single digits, ranked ahead of only Indy. My hope is that our ineptitude is virtually all on Matt Cassel. If things don't get better in his absence, then it is time to hit the panic button.

I hated Herm Edwards with a passion, but the truth is this offense with Cassel and without Charles is far more inept than Herm/Gailey/Thigpen's spread.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Um, hello.

Herm Edwards got his ass canned after three years for just about the same fucking level of shitty results.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this shit out. If you are one of the worst teams in the league two out of three years, someone gets fired 90 percent of the time.

Herm at least left them some talent. DV left Herm a shitload of fuck.

evenfall
11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
this thread is a sad commentary on the state of our culture

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Starting a merry-go-round in the front office will not foster a winning environment.

The wisest thing that has been said here in a long time.

Too many people are ready to blow it all up and start over every couple of years. That is never going to get us anywhere.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:23 PM

NOTHING.

Yes, we do. When you start from scratch every two or three years you never get anywhere.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Too many people are ready to blow it all up and start over every couple of years. That is never going to get us anywhere.

Neither is trading for and starting shitty quarterbacks

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 08:26 PM

I agree with this statement. However, given the availability of franchise QBs in the last three drafts, I have to say the impact of the Cassel trade has been nominal. However, if we don't draft a franchise QB in this draft, I am going to be FUCKING PISSED.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes, we do. When you start from scratch every two or three years you never get anywhere.

The Broncos should have held on to McDaniels just for continuity's sake, right?

evenfall
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM

The 75% of our problems are Cassel. Starting over from the ground up sets us back 3-4 years instead of 1-2.

These guys aren't stupid. They know they missed on Cassel. They obviously would never say that and will back him publicly no matter what.

The decision about him being the starter next year will all depend on who is out there as a potential replacement. If there's a good candidate I believe they would draft or sign that person. If there isn't, they will say "Cassel is our guy" even if they don't really believe it.

You can't get a franchise QB every year. Well, I guess you can trade two firsts for an old one with high miles like Oakland, but that's dumb too. Flailing around just to have someone else back there is not in our best interest. The smart thing is for them to look at everyone and not say a word unless/until.

I can't believe you people take these quotes seriously. This is a business. In business everyone is committed to you until they're not.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Flailing around just to have someone else back there is not in our best interest.

You don't HAVE to replace Cassel with a franchise QB. You can replace him with a stopgap who is at least a decent player. You have to do something to change the position or you end up looking even dumber by standing pat.

But of course, they are going to stand pat, so all this discussion is useless.

Another year of Cassel, more blowouts and you'll all be crying bloody murder.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:33 PM

I don't think Cassel was ever meant to be a long term solution. When the team sucks as bad as we did when Pioli took over you know it will take a while to fix things and whatever QB you have is probably not going to be around then.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:34 PM
The Broncos should have held on to McDaniels just for continuity's sake, right?

No, they should never have fired Shannarat.

milkman
11-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't think Cassel was ever meant to be a long term solution. When the team sucks as bad as we did when Pioli took over you know it will take a while to fix things and whatever QB you have is probably not going to be around then.

You don't give a guy a 60 mil contract unless you think he has long term potential.

The way the contract was structured indicates that they were commited to him for a minimum of 3 years.

splatbass
You don't HAVE to replace Cassel with a franchise QB. You can replace him with a stopgap who is at least a decent player. You have to do something to change the position or you end up looking even dumber by standing pat.

You don't get it. Cassel is and has always been the stopgap.

evenfall

But of course, they are going to stand pat, so all this discussion is useless.

Another year of Cassel, more blowouts and you'll all be crying bloody murder.

I know you would love for the team to give schmuck B a bunch of guaranteed money just so you don't have to look at schmuck A anymore, but it's not going to happen.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:38 PM
You don't give a guy a 60 mil contract unless you think he has long term potential.

The way the contract was structured indicates that they were commited to him for a minimum of 3 years.

And who thought they would be contenders in 3 years? Not many. A QB that you only intend to keep 3 years when it will take 5 to rebuild the team IS a stopgap.

Chocolate Hog
11-20-2011, 08:39 PM
It's funny when Clayton thinks.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:40 PM
You don't get it. Cassel is and has always been the stopgap.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

The most hilarious true fan lie in CP history.

Pioli brought Cassel in to be the guy. If you don't believe that you are completely ignorant.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

The most hilarious true fan lie in CP history.

Pioli brought Cassel in to be the guy. If you don't believe that you are completely ignorant.

I know it takes more than 3 years to rebuild a team as bad as the Chiefs were. I also know that most QBs in the NFL don't last on the same team longer than that unless they are great QBs. Pioli knew that Cassel probably wouldn't last until the team was rebuilt and a contender. He is MUCH smarter than you. About everything.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
If Pioli wanted a stopgap he already had Tyler Thigpen.

I'm pretty sure he could have thrown 10 TDs against 14 picks in his last 11 games as our starter.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I get it, this is one of those karma threads.

May Cassel lead us to victory for many years to come with fullback dumpoffs and TE screens!

evenfall
11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
A real football franchise is not run the same way as your Madden franchise.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Pioli knew that Cassel probably wouldn't last until the team was rebuilt and a contender.

So you are of the opinion that Pioli is getting ready to dump Cassel?

milkman
11-20-2011, 08:50 PM
And who thought they would be contenders in 3 years? Not many. A QB that you only intend to keep 3 years when it will take 5 to rebuild the team IS a stopgap.

They brought in Cassel to be the guy.

They hedged their bet on Cassel with an out after the third year.

The problem, they did nothing to address the position in those years, so in all probability, they bought into the illusion of last season, and now are in a position where they have to draft one of the top QBs in this upcoming draft class or go into next season with Cassel entrenched as the starter.

If the plan was to get out after 3 years, they really ****ed up the execution of that plan.

No.

Almost everything points to their belief that Cassel was the guy.

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Why do people even bother to waste their time debating with Go Chiefs? Even if you throw facts in his face, he's going to argue the opposite of the majority here for ONE SIMPLE REASON.... He's a damn little drama queen who's life revolves around a message board. He doesn't want to be just "one of the guys", that would be too boring to him. So instead of debating common sense, he debates the opposite role to draw attention upon himself.

Here's some facts to chew on.... Haley IS NOT tied down by Pioli to start certain players. If Todd thinks his guys are underachieving, be benches them and forces them to play to their potential. Bowe and Johnson are two players that Todd benched and forced them to play to their potential. Perhaps the reason Cassel was starting has more to do with common sense, rather than Haley being an idiot. Palco blows chunks in accuracy, but knows the system and playbook, thus making him #2. Stanzi is a rookie with the better arm, but was screwed by the lockout and is being coached up to the NFL level. In two to three years, the only person of the three on the roster will be Stanzi.

milkman
11-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Why do people even bother to waste their time debating with Go Chiefs? Even if you throw facts in his face, he's going to argue the opposite of the majority here for ONE SIMPLE REASON.... He's a damn little drama queen who's life revolves around a message board. He doesn't want to be just "one of the guys", that would be too boring to him. So instead of debating common sense, he debates the opposite role to draw attention upon himself.

Here's some facts to chew on.... Haley IS NOT tied down by Pioli to start certain players. If Todd thinks his guys are underachieving, be benches them and forces them to play to their potential. Bowe and Johnson are two players that Todd benched and forced them to play to their potential. Perhaps the reason Cassel was starting has more to do with common sense, rather than Haley being an idiot. Palco blows chunks in accuracy, but knows the system and playbook, thus making him #2. Stanzi is a rookie with the better arm, but was screwed by the lockout and is being coached up to the NFL level. In two to three years, the only person of the three on the roster will be Stanzi.

Pioli didn't go to Haley and tell him that Cassel had to be the starter.

He forced by providing him with crap as competition.

The Bad Guy
11-20-2011, 08:55 PM
A real football franchise is not run the same way as your Madden franchise.

There's a whole ton of truth to this.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Here's some facts to chew on.... Haley IS NOT tied down by Pioli to start certain players.

He doesn't have a choice. It's Cassel or a UFL QB.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
So you are of the opinion that Pioli is getting ready to dump Cassel?

Is the team finished rebuilding? Not by any measure.

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Pioli didn't go to Haley and tell him that Cassel had to be the starter.

He forced by providing him with crap as competition.

I don't believe I said otherwise. Haley's hands aren't tied to starting Cassel, but the provided options aren't all that impressive either. The best option is a rookie who doesn't have chemistry with the starting unit, has never thrown a meaningful NFL pass, was screwed over by the lockout, and would have to start w/o a palymaker at HB and human turnstiles on the OL.

I'm not calling for Haley's head, and hope to see him coach a healthy team with a QB that doesn't piss down his leg on a blitze.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM

This.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 09:04 PM

So when is Pioli going to pull the rug out from under Cassel?

crossbow
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I just want them to draft a quality QB and TRY to figure out how to hold on to an offensive coordinator that is worth a shit for more then a season.

splatbass

I don't know. Neither do you. Or anyone else. Maybe not even Pioli.

milkman

So, you're proposing that Scott Pioli is going to wait until he has a championship quality team in place, then draft a franchise QB?

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 09:09 PM

Wouldn't suprise me in the least if it happened this offseason during the draft or possibly trade.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Maybe this is it. Fake an injury. Everyone saves face.

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 09:11 PM
So, you're proposing that Scott Pioli is going to wait until he has a championship quality team in place, then draft a franchise QB?

Pioli obviously thought Cassel was the answer. The front loaded contract gives us the option to opt out and replace him this offseason.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't know. Neither do you. Or anyone else. Maybe not even Pioli.

LMAO

Maybe I could believe this convoluted Pioli master plan that none of us can figure out exists if everything he hadn't done already wasn't so transparent.

For crying out loud, the first thing he did here in trading for Cassel was right out of the Parcells playbook - trade for a veteran QB. Then he started installing a 3-4 defense. SHOCKER!!!

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't suprise me in the least if it happened this offseason during the draft or possibly trade.

And if Cassel is the starter next season, how will you react?

Reerun_KC
11-20-2011, 09:14 PM

It will be popcorn time..

I will be pissed, but watching people here off themselves over it will ease the sting some what...

whoman69
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
I just want them to draft a quality QB and TRY to figure out how to hold on to an offensive coordinator that is worth a shit for more then a season.

I don't give much for either coordinator. The Chiefs have played too long with the bend, don't break offense. Herm played the same way. I'm surprised he didn't punt on first down to avoid a turnover. Vermeil didn't even have a defense. I don't think Gunther still knows what he was trying to achieve. Before that Marty played not to lose. I think the person most likely not to start a whole new system that is going to start us from square one is Zorn. Not sure who can fit on D. We need to find someone who has guts enough to try to get the opposition offense off the field.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Nope.

milkman
11-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Nope.

Thanks for the clarification.

How about you tell us what his plan at QB is then?

splatbass
11-20-2011, 09:21 PM

How about you tell us what his plan at QB is then?

As I told Clayton a few posts ago (which you obviously missed):

"I don't know. Neither do you. Or anyone else."

Why should I or anyone else be able to tell what Pioli's plan is? He is as secretive as anyone in the NFL.

Reerun_KC
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM

How about you tell us what his plan at QB is then?cut Cassel and plako draft a qb and make stanzi a backup

Seems simple to me

milkman
11-20-2011, 09:26 PM
As I told Clayton a few posts ago (which you obviously missed):

"I don't know. Neither do you. Or anyone else."

Why should I or anyone else be able to tell what Pioli's plan is? He is as secretive as anyone in the NFL.

So, you tell us he has this master plan, but you don't have a clue what this master plan is.

In short, you're talking out of your ass.

splatbass
11-20-2011, 09:28 PM
So, you tell us he has this master plan, but you don't have a clue what this master plan is.

In short, you're talking out of your ass.

I gave you an opinion. I'm not a football "expert" like you, sitting in your mom's basement posting on the interwebs. :thumb:

milkman
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
I gave you an opinion. I'm not a football "expert" like you, sitting in your mom's basement posting on the interwebs. :thumb:

Keep talking out of your ass.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I'd like to hear one example, just one, of a team giving up a 2nd round pick and 60 million for a stopgap and then drafting a QB when the rest of the team is built a few years later.

Just one example, let's hear it.

I can sure as shit find you dozens of examples of failed regimes bringing in shit quarterbacks and flaming out in a few years.

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 09:51 PM

Like the vast majority of Chief fans, I would hate to see Casshole throw another NFL snap in Chiefs uniform. However, I'm a glutton for punishment and will manage to persevere yet another failed attempt at a Superbowl.

Despite your ranting, Pioli isn't as naive as you make him out to be. He knows Casshole didn't live up to expectations and the team will look in a different direction. Whether that be Stanzi, a draft pick, or trade with a different team... who the hell knows other than Pioli himself? I just hold out hope that this is the year we make the bold move and attempt to draft our QBOTF

KChiefer
11-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Haley's not hard enough on Cassel to fix his issues. He needs a "clockwork orange" treatment.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Despite your ranting, Pioli isn't as naive as you make him out to be. He knows Casshole didn't live up to expectations and the team will look in a different direction.

Really?

Because Bill Parcells felt he had to make Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe his starting quarterbacks TWICE in one NFL career.

Do you think Pioli is smarter than Bill Parcells?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I know it takes more than 3 years to rebuild a team as bad as the Chiefs were. I also know that most QBs in the NFL don't last on the same team longer than that unless they are great QBs. Pioli knew that Cassel probably wouldn't last until the team was rebuilt and a contender. He is MUCH smarter than you. About everything.

I guess you missed the GSOT Rams, the Brees Saints, the Eagles. Look at the goddamned Lions, FFS.

All of those teams were as bad or worse than the 2008 Chiefs, and within three years of truly bottoming out the first three were in a conference championship game.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 10:11 PM
The problem with the Chiefs is they are the Chiefs, they've always been a laughing stock, just like the Royals.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 10:13 PM
The problem with the Chiefs is they are the Chiefs, they've always been a laughing stock, just like the Royals.

You're pretty sneaky, fuckface.

http://gifsoup.com/view/79325/leonanothercorner-o.gif

Johnny Vegas
11-20-2011, 11:28 PM

looks likes Clay

mdchiefsfan
11-21-2011, 12:27 AM

I agree with this and why not give they guy you committed 60 mil to 3 years to figure out what he would become? It is a failure of a trade and sign, but that doesn't mean that I have lost distrust in Pioli because of a bad signing. What will make my decision is how he reacts to the bad signing, once the three years has past. I can't wait for the off season.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 12:55 AM
I agree with this and why not give they guy you committed 60 mil to 3 years to figure out what he would become? It is a failure of a trade and sign, but that doesn't mean that I have lost distrust in Pioli because of a bad signing. What will make my decision is how he reacts to the bad signing, once the three years has past. I can't wait for the off season.

The only way I can forgive him for this failure is if he cuts/trades him and drafts a QB in the 1st.

mdchiefsfan
11-21-2011, 01:00 AM
The only way I can forgive him for this failure is if he cuts/trades him and drafts a QB in the 1st.

I agree. But the other solution is if Stanzi does, indeed, play the last 4 games of the season and makes Cassel look like the Capt. Brokedick, we know him to be. I would be okay with seeing Stanzi give it a shot next year.

Von Dumbass
11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't know why Pioli would want to spend a high pick on a QB, Von Miller will have him paralyzed from the waste down in < 2 years

King_Chief_Fan
11-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Scary thought.

in that case enter.. Crennel or McDaniels.
I am of the opinion that Haley is here 1 more year.

beach tribe
11-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Please show me an example of team losing 3 of it's best players, and doing anything but falling flat on it's face.
The injury bug, as they call it.
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about with 90% of the people on this board.
We win 4 in a row with ****ing Jackie Battle and Shabby pisspoorcatelli filling in for two of top players IN THE LEAGUE on offense, and defense, and you guys are ready to crown the Chiefs, and suck Haley's dick.
Even spending HOURS of your time making videos about Haley our great savior.
Haley did a fantastic job getting this team to where we are for God's sake.
Now we've lost our starting QB too(not that it hurts us too badly)
Haley gets a mulligan, and Pioli is going nowhere.
You people swing so far from one side to the other it just baffles the ****ing mind.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
I don't know why Pioli would want to spend a high pick on a QB, Von Miller will have him paralyzed from the waste down in < 2 years

How good is Von at stopping the run?

As good as Derrick Thomas was, he had some issues there. That is the best way to stop a good pass rusher: run right at them.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Please show me an example of team losing 3 of it's best players, and doing anything but falling flat on it's face.
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about with 90% of the people on this board.
We win 4 in a row with ****ing Jackie Battle and Shabby pisspoorcatelli filling in for two of top players IN THE LEAGUE on offense, and defense, and you guys are ready to crown the Chiefs, and suck Haley's dick.
You people swing so far from one side to the other it just baffles the ****ing mind.

Well done.

htismaqe
11-21-2011, 08:12 AM

As long as Cassel isn't back, I'm fine with keeping Haley, Pioli, Crennel, and the whole lot of them...

Just get Cassel the hell away from this team...

BoneKrusher
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
As long as Cassel isn't back, I'm fine with keeping Haley, Pioli, Crennel, and the whole lot of them...

Just get Cassel the hell away from this team...

:thumb:

Von Dumbass
11-21-2011, 08:18 AM

As good as Derrick Thomas was, he had some issues there. That is the best way to stop a good pass rusher: run right at them.

He is great in the run game. He struggled with missed assignments in the run game early on in the year and was actually benched on running downs against SD, but he has been making plays in the run game ever since. The only knock on Von's game I have heard is that he isn't great in coverage, but he wasn't asked to do that in college so that is understandable, he has the athleticism to do it that's for sure.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2011, 08:27 AM

I think you're asking the wrong dude that lol. He'll kick it into homer gear full speed ahead.