Blow me.

Who'd you rather have?

Robert Griffin III (6'-2" 220lbs)

245/336 72.9% 3,572 yards 33 TD 5 int

Matt Barkley (6'-2" 220lbs)

273/404 67.6% 3,105 yards 33 TD 7 int

jd1020
11-20-2011, 09:58 AM
RG3's numbers are only slightly better in a spread option offense.

Earlier in the season I said RG3.

Now, I say Barkley by a long shot.

Scorp
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Who cares as long as it isn't Mark Castle!

tredadda
11-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Either would do for me. I think RGIII is more mobile but I have not seen him play much. From what I have seen from Barkley though is impressive, so at this point I would be leaning towards Barkley just because I have seen more to base my opinion on.

CaliforniaChief
11-20-2011, 10:11 AM
I would the whole thing.

O.city
11-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I'd take one, trade back up with the rest of our picks, and take the other.

Solves this little problem.

Wouldn't really do that but. At this point I'd take which ever one is sitting there when we pick.

MahiMike
11-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Neither is big enough.

MahiMike
11-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Still holding out for this guy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14037/ryan-mallett

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Who cares as long as it isn't Mark Castle!

Tyler Palko isn't Mark Castle.

suds79
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Still holding out for this guy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14037/ryan-mallett

We blew it when we had the chance. Too late now.

At this point I'd take RG3 but would be happy with either.

I just want to see the Chiefs nut up and spend a 1st on a QB. Been a long time.

Caseyguyrr
11-20-2011, 10:53 AM
We blew it when we had the chance. Too late now.

At this point I'd take RG3 but would be happy with either.

I just want to see the Chiefs nut up and spend a 1st on a QB. Been a long time.

hasnt been in my lifetime.....

Three7s
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Or mine.

bevischief
11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Whichever one is there when we pick...

Dave Lane
11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Mine but it was totally epic fail.

Chiefaholic
11-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Neither is big enough.

Sounds like one of the replies when I was pimping Drew Breese. I want a guy who makes quick decisions, puts the ball where the WR can catch it in stride, spreads the ball around to multiple WR's (check down), and is a vocal team leader.

Rain Man
11-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Too young to remember trent green?

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Too young to remember trent green?

:facepalm:

I didn't know the Chiefs drafted Green in the 1st round.

milkman
11-20-2011, 12:16 PM

I didn't know the Chiefs drafted Green in the 1st round.

That was my initial reaction, but technically, Rain Man is correct.

We did spend a 1st round pick on Green.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
That was my initial reaction, but technically, Rain Man is correct.

We did spend a 1st round pick on Green.

Sure, he's technically right if you want to use "spend a first on a QB" literally and be a jackass.

Everyone who isn't a smartass 100% of the time knows exactly what was meant.

spanky 52
11-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Either one is okay with me but I'm leaning towards RG3. Kid is smart, mobile and can fling the ball. Barkley looked good last night against OR. But do we really think Pioli would draft a QB?

jd1020
11-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Either one is okay with me but I'm leaning towards RG3. Kid is smart, mobile and can fling the ball. Barkley looked good last night against OR. But do we really think Pioli would draft a QB?

I have 100% faith in Pioli to draft a QB.

Palko's a FA after this year.

He's going to draft one after round 4. I'm good with Cousins.

suds79
11-20-2011, 12:47 PM

I could make a case either way.

I think Pioli is smart enough to know you need a top quality QB to win a SB. And I think, while he wouldn't like to admit it, he knows Matt Cassel will never be that.

The question is "Is he willing to break his MO and draft a QB high." If so? Great. If he's content on continually trying to pull another Tom Brady in the mid to late rounds? We're screwed until we get another GM.

teedubya
11-20-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that I NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER want a USC Qb on the Chiefs again.

milkman
11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Sure, he's technically right if you want to use "spend a first on a QB" literally and be a jackass.

Everyone who isn't a smartass 100% of the time knows exactly what was meant.

Everyone knew exactly what he mean't, dumbass, including Rain Man.

In case you haven't noticed, because your head is too far up your ass to see, Rain Man is one of the few here that isn't a smartass.

He was simply trying to be humorous.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Everyone knew exactly what he mean't, dumbass, including Rain Man.

In case you haven't noticed, because your head is too far up your ass to see, Rain Man is one of the few here that isn't a smartass.

He was simply trying to be humorous.

Sorry, didn't realize you lived with him...

milkman
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM

Yeah, okay dumbass.

You just go on and keep being a useless, stupid dick.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, okay dumbass.

You just go on and keep being a useless, stupid dick.

I'll tell you what. I'll take my head out of my ass as soon as you take his dick out of your mouth.

milkman
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I'll tell you what. I'll take my head out of my ass as soon as you take his dick out of your mouth.

Yep, always resort to the homophobic insults.

Weak shit.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Yep, always resort to the homophobic insults.

Weak shit.

Always acting like you know someone's intentions through a computer screen on a forum.

Weak shit.

milkman
11-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Always acting like you know someone's intentions through a computer screen on a forum.

Weak shit.

I've been here a long time, and have gotten to know posting styles of others that have been around for a long time.

It isn't that hard to recognize.

It's possible that I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Fruit Ninja
11-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Weak shit.

That was pretty easy to get his intentions. I think your the only one that didnt get it. just saying.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
That was pretty easy to get his intentions. I think your the only one that didnt get it. just saying.

Humorous or not it was a smart ass response.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
dudes...athletic qbs are the future! we need RG3. He drops back looks for his receivers and if he doesnt have anything he runs away from the pressure places his feet again and throws down field or if he sees an opening he can slash it for big gains on the ground? I think barkley is just another qb. You need a qb who can escape pressure in this league these days. RG3 to KC!!!!! BEAST MODE!!!

doomy3
11-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Humorous or not it was a smart ass response.

Who gives a shit?

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
dudes...athletic qbs are the future! we need RG3. He drops back looks for his receivers and if he doesnt have anything he runs away from the pressure places his feet again and throws down field or if he sees an opening he can slash it for big gains on the ground? I think barkley is just another qb. You need a qb who can escape pressure in this league these days. RG3 to KC!!!!! BEAST MODE!!!

Haven't people been saying that for the last decade as pocket passers are still the QB's that win championships?

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Haven't people been saying that for the last decade as pocket passers are still the QB's that win championships?

Roethlisberger is best when he's not in the pocket and he's won 2.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Roethlisberger is best when he's not in the pocket and he's won 2.

A QB who moves in the pocket and a scrambling QB aren't the same thing.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM

Are you saying that Roethlisberger isn't a scrambler?

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM

You come out of hiding to argue with this clown? Why bother?

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Are you saying that Roethlisberger isn't a scrambler?

I will. He's not a scrambler. He moves in the pocket in order to extend the play and throw the ball.

suds79
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM

I'd agree with this.

But RG3 isn't a scramble 1st QB. (and not saying you said he was. Just sayin)

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Ben averages less than 9 rushing yards per game in his career. He's a regular Randall Cunningham.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Also in this argument Barkley is much more pro style ready than Griffin is.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I really like RGIII, but a TON of his passing yards and TDs come from homerun balls where the WR gets 5 yards behind the defender. That just doesn't happen in the NFL.

milkman
11-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Fran Tarkenton was probably the greatest scrambler ever, but he scrambled to extend plays, and made plays with his arm from the scramble.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
I think Griffin is a great college player I give him that. I do wonder how he translates to the next level though...what QB's with his skillset have succeeded? He reminds me a lot of Dennis Dixon as a college player.

notorious
11-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I really like RGIII, but a TON of his passing yards and TDs come from homerun balls where the WR gets 5 yards behind the defender. That just doesn't happen in the NFL.

This. His WR's, especially #1, have some major speed.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Fran Tarkenton was probably the greatest scrambler ever, but he scrambled to extend plays, and made plays with his arm from the scramble.

He also ran for almost 4,000 yards in his career.

milkman
I think Griffin is a great college player I give him that. I do wonder how he translates to the next level though...what QB's with his skillset have succeeded? He reminds me a lot of Dennis Dixon as a college player.

The question you have to ask yourself is this.

Has he shown the ability to stand in the pocket and make plays?

Saul Good

I don't see any resemblance whatsoever other than them both being fast black guys.

jd1020

That's a bad thing?

milkman
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM

And at one time held the record for most career passing yards.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM
The question you have to ask yourself is this.

Has he shown the ability to stand in the pocket and make plays?

The offense he's in affords him the ability to not have to do that often and his speed scares defenders so they back off him when he moves...Vince Young had awesome college passing stats.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't see any resemblance whatsoever other than them both being fast black guys.

Disagree Oregon wins the title that year if he doesn't blow his knee.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
That's a bad thing?

No. It shows that he was, in fact, a scrambler. That is different than Ben who has just over 900 career rushing yards.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
And at one time held the record for most career passing yards.

He was a great QB. I've always maintained that he's among the most under-rated to ever play. He was a scrambler, though. Ben isn't a scrambler. He moves around in order to throw.

JoeyChuckles
11-20-2011, 02:29 PM
I heard RG3 graduated college in three years and is now getting his masters in his 4th year. Truth?

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
He was a great QB. I've always maintained that he's among the most under-rated to ever play. He was a scrambler, though. Ben isn't a scrambler. He moves around in order to throw.

I don't see how any can say Ben isn't a scrambler. If he stood in the pocket like Manning he wouldn't even be starting in the NFL.

whoman69
11-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Roger Staubach
Steve Young
Joe Montana
John Elway

All were able to extend plays to look downfield and take off when needed. Len Dawson earlier in his career as well. In reality Brady and Rodgers can extend a play. Everybody thinks of Vick for this type QB, but he came up with a run first mentality. Only last year did he truly bring out his potential.

The argument is moot. Unless we fall below the Dolphins and Redskins, we would have to trade up to get Barkely. If its so close, RG3 is the better pick. I don't believe he's like Tim Tebow who can't operate outside a college option scheme.

-King-
11-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I heard RG3 graduated college in three years and is now getting his masters in his 4th year. Truth?

Yep.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Disagree Oregon wins the title that year if he doesn't blow his knee.

Maybe, but it was on his legs as much as his arm. Dixon ran for 600 yards and threw for 2100 and 20 TDs. Griffin's going to throw for double the yards and TDs while rushing for more than 600.

milkman
11-20-2011, 02:33 PM
No. It shows that he was, in fact, a scrambler. That is different than Ben who has just over 900 career rushing yards.

He averaged just over 16 ypg.

He was great scrambler, but he was a passer first.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Roger Staubach
Steve Young
Joe Montana
John Elway

All were able to extend plays to look downfield and take off when needed. Len Dawson earlier in his career as well. In reality Brady and Rodgers can extend a play. Everybody thinks of Vick for this type QB, but he came up with a run first mentality. Only last year did he truly bring out his potential.

The argument is moot. Unless we fall below the Dolphins and Redskins, we would have to trade up to get Barkely. If its so close, RG3 is the better pick. I don't believe he's like Tim Tebow who can't operate outside a college option scheme.

Elway and Young were scramblers in addition to being excellent passers. That is different than using your legs to buy time.

milkman
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Roger Staubach
Steve Young
Joe Montana
John Elway

I am only arguing that Ben Roethlisburger can be categorized as a scrambler.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Elway and Young were scramblers in addition to being excellent passers. That is different than using your legs to buy time.

... What exactly is your definition of a scrambler?

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
He averaged just over 16 ypg.

He was great scrambler, but he was a passer first.

You can be both. Ben uses his legs to buy time. When he runs, it's to escape pressure. It's not because he sees a crease and goes for it.

suds79
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Maybe, but it was on his legs as much as his arm. Dixon ran for 600 yards and threw for 2100 and 20 TDs. Griffin's going to throw for double the yards and TDs while rushing for more than 600.

Dixson was a 5th round pick where RG3 likely ends up as a 1st rounder.

I think it's safe to assume there's a fair difference between the two.

Similar? Sure. They both can run & pass. Doesn't mean they're the same guys.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
... What exactly is your definition of a scrambler?

A QB who regularly runs because he sees a crease and tries to exploit it. Steve Young, Rich Gannon, and John Elway were excellent scramblers.

Dan Marino moved around the pocket extremely well with his legs, but he is the farthest thing you could ever find from a scrambler.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
You can be both. Ben uses his legs to buy time. When he runs, it's to escape pressure. It's not because he sees a crease and goes for it.

AKA he scrambles to extend the play.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Dixson was a 5th round pick where RG3 likely ends up as a 1st rounder.

I think it's safe to assume there's a fair difference between the two.

Similar? Sure. They both can run & pass. Doesn't mean they're the same guys.

I agree. I'm the one saying they're very different.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
AKA he scrambles to extend the play.

One is scrambling to gain rushing yardage. The other is buying time in order to throw the ball downfield.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:41 PM
One is scrambling to gain rushing yardage. The other is buying time in order to throw the ball downfield.

Scrambling...

Roethlisberger doesn't simply side step pressure. He runs around throwing defenders off his back waiting for someone to make a play down field.

RG3 does the same, minus the throwing people off his back, but because he's got 4.5 speed he doesn't have to do it forever and he can make a play with his legs.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Scrambling...

Roethlisberger doesn't simply side step pressure. He runs around throwing defenders off his back waiting for someone to make a play down field.

RG3 does the same, minus the throwing people off his back, but because he's got 4.5 speed he doesn't have to do it forever and he can make a play with his legs.

Well Marino was a good scrambler, then.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm not trying to crap on Griffin but I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him...I think Barkley is the better fit for this team. He's ready to play now and with the offensive players on the Chiefs he could step right in and not be thrown to the wolves.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not trying to crap on Griffin but I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him...I think Barkley is the better fit for this team. He's ready to play now and with the offensive players on the Chiefs he could step right in and not be thrown to the wolves.

I would hesitate to draft him top 10 too, but not because he doesn't have NFL potential. I think he's going to get broken in the NFL and sitting on the sideline isn't helping your team win.

suds79
11-20-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm good with this.

While I'm a fan of RG3, I've said before I'd be happy with him or Barkley.

I just want the Chiefs to show they have the stones to draft a top prospect QB in the 1st.... I'm almost to the point to where I don't care who it is. At least try.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm good with this.

While I'm a fan of RG3, I've said before I'd be happy with him or Barkley.

I just want the Chiefs to show they have the stones to draft a top prospect QB in the 1st.... I'm almost to the point to where I don't care who it is. At least try.

I don't think we have the chance at Luck, but I think we should be willing to move for Barkley the gap between him and Luck isn't that big. You could argue Barkley's having a better year than Luck while being a true junior to Lucks redshirt junior status.

milkman
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Steve Young was in his 30s before he became a QB that extended plays with his legs while continuing to look downfield for open receivers.

Elway, Staubach and Tarkenton all played before the rule that allowed QBs to throw the ball away after escaping the pocket, so if a receiver didn't come open, they either took a sack, or pulled the ball down and ran.

Guru
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM

We all live with him.

Saul Good
Steve Young was in his 30s before he became a QB that extended plays with his legs while continuing to look downfield for open receivers.

And his early years are what I would consider to be a true scrambler. It's semantics at this point.

Guru
As far as Barkley vs RGIII. I would begrudgingly take Barkley.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:12 PM

You speak the truth. I just want RG3. Someone said his receivers just out run the d but griffin is still making a almost perfect pass with his receiver in stride. Who says he cant do that in the nfl? He SCRAMBLES out of the pocket and makes a good throw downfield. He doesnt just tuck it and run every down. He has 400 yard games cmon man. Ill be happy with either. Should we pick barkley with our top ten pick? Worth it?

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Barkley is probably going in the top 5 should he come out.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
We have much more pressing needs imo. Draft another qb with one of the other picks and let him battle stanzi for the starting job.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:15 PM
We have much more pressing needs imo. Draft another qb with one of the other picks and let him battle stanzi for the starting job.

No we don't, QB is far and away the biggest need on this team.

milkman

Saul Good
Barkley is probably going in the top 5 should he come out.

No "probably" about it. He'll go to the second team not named the Jaguars.

jd1020

I don't think the Chiefs have more pressing needs. But I wouldn't be upset if Pioli drafted another high upside QB mid-late and had Stanzi and the new guy battle it out.

ChiefsCountry

QB is our NEED. The rest can be over came.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Barkley wont be there when we pick. Unless RG3 has a great combine, were taking a line or best player available with our first

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
The Chiefs need a QB bad enough they should considering trading whatever it takes to get a guy like Barkley.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't think the Chiefs have more pressing needs. But I wouldn't be upset if Pioli drafted another high upside QB mid-late and had Stanzi and the new guy battle it out.

Thats just stupid. You win Super Bowls with first round picks not 5th round flyer picks. Draft your fucking QB in the first and then fill the rest of the team out with other picks.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:18 PM
QB is our NEED. The rest can be over came.

dude the games we lose are not JUST BECAUSE OF CASSEL. it takes multiple players playing shitty to get beat by +20 points

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I think the Chiefs should consider offering 2 1sts maybe even more to get a QB. The other needs can be filled elsewhere not like the team doesn't have money to spend.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
dude the games we lose are not JUST BECAUSE OF CASSEL. it takes multiple players playing shitty to get beat by +20 points

Yea well firing a DC who refuses to rush anyone but Tamba Hali would probably help that.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Thats just stupid. You win Super Bowls with first round picks not 5th round flyer picks. Draft your ****ing QB in the first and then fill the rest of the team out with other picks.

You win SB's with good QB's. Not just first round picks...

Wasn't there someone who showed the %'s of success from all first round QB's vs 2nd+ picks? The difference was like 3%. Granted the pool sizes are way different, but the chances of hitting are both really low.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I think the Chiefs should consider offering 2 1sts maybe even more to get a QB. The other needs can be filled elsewhere not like the team doesn't have money to spend.

There is zero chance that we are able to leapfrog teams like Miami and Seattle if they pick ahead of us.

Fat Elvis
11-20-2011, 03:23 PM

And has already been accepted into Law School....

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
There is zero chance that we are able to leapfrog teams like Miami and Seattle if they pick ahead of us.

Really? Jacksonville will try to trade down, they always do...

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Wasn't there someone who showed the %'s of success from all first round QB's vs 2nd+ picks? The difference was like 3%. Granted the pool sizes are way different, but the chances of hitting are both really low.

Yeah I dont want my team drafting a qb (or any position) top 10 unless hes a lock to be a good/great starter in the nfl. Dont gamble.

And no way Pioli trades UP to get barkley. No way. If anything hes trading down.

jd1020

Except for last year, of course.

Mecca
No one is a lock.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Except for last year, of course.

Yea well they got a QB there they aren't gonna take another one.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Super Bowls have been won 60% of the time with first round picks. That's the only stat that matters, not to mention almost half of the other 40 is Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:27 PM

If they do, Miami or Seattle will get the spot if they have a higher pick.

SNR
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
The Chiefs need a QB bad enough they should considering trading whatever it takes to get a guy like Barkley.If we're trading the farm for a QB, it better be Luck.

Realistically, we're not winning more than one or two games for the rest of the season. We can probably stay where we are in the draft and take Griffin or Barkley, whoever is there.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 03:29 PM
If they do, Miami or Seattle will get the spot if they have a higher pick.

That''s why you offer what it takes....this team is a QB away from contending. Provided Bowe and Carr are re-signed and we get a DC who realizes the 3-4 is about confusing the offense not rushing Hali and dropping the other 3 every single time.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Dont get me wrong guys I wouldnt be upset if we lost out and somehow got Luck. id rather win the division though (with stanzi at qb)

-King-
11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Dont get me wrong guys I wouldnt be upset if we lost out and somehow got Luck. id rather win the division though (with stanzi at qb)

Yeah.... that's not happening.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I dont think we should trade our first second and probably something else to trade up to top 5 ONLY unless its for Luck. Dont think its worth it. But if you do think about it, alot of our players are going to be coming into their prime and best play of their careers in the next 5. We need a qb now that can lead us to the promise land in time. Its a touchy situation. Hopefully pioli, haley, n hunt make the right one

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 03:35 PM
That''s why you offer what it takes....this team is a QB away from contending. Provided Bowe and Carr are re-signed and we get a DC who realizes the 3-4 is about confusing the offense not rushing Hali and dropping the other 3 every single time.

If we ran the Pittsburgh or the Wade Phillips 3-4, we would have a pass rush. Houston is tailor made for those defenses.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM

Our entire draft might not be enough.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Bowls have been won 60% of the time with first round picks. That's the only stat that matters, not to mention almost half of the other 40 is Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Out of all of the QB's to win the SB, 15 were 1st round picks and 13 were not. And I'm counting Young as a first round pick since he was a first but in the supplemental draft.

EDIT: 16 were firsts, forgot to add Rodgers.

Guru
11-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Really? So you like our drafting over the last 30 years then.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Really? So you like our drafting over the last 30 years then.

obviously i not thrilled with it but you cant just be like, OH we should of drafted Clay matthews, or OH Why didnt we trade up and get adrian peterson! or Oh dang i so would of drafted Ray lewis, cus NO you wouldnt of.

Weve got good players on our team. Our depth SUCKS. our Oline and Dline is shit still but getting better. We need an athletic inside linebacker. We need to draft another running back. I mean we have so many needs and giving up 3 or 4 picks to get luck or barkley is a waste of talent

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 04:00 PM
obviously i not thrilled with it but you cant just be like, OH we should of drafted Clay matthews, or OH Why didnt we trade up and get adrian peterson! or Oh dang i so would of drafted Ray lewis, cus NO you wouldnt of.

Weve got good players on our team. Our depth SUCKS. our Oline and Dline is shit still but getting better. We need an athletic inside linebacker. We need to draft another running back. I mean we have so many needs and giving up 3 or 4 picks to get luck or barkley is a waste of talent

Do the Packers have holes on their team?

suds79
11-20-2011, 04:02 PM

When you don't have a franchise QB, that's always your most pressing need.

Everybody else simply doesn't matter. It's boring and it used to not be that way but that's today's NFL.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 04:04 PM
well you guys can cry all you want but Pioli is not trading up 5 to 10 picks to get Barkley. Pioli is all about value.....So we need to start worrying about whos the best player available when we pick

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Out of all of the QB's to win the SB, 15 were 1st round picks and 13 were not. And I'm counting Young as a first round pick since he was a first but in the supplemental draft.

EDIT: 16 were firsts, forgot to add Rodgers.

The first round QBs have won 27 Super Bowls compared to 19 that weren't first rounds picks. And of those 19, 7 were Brady and Montana. And 2 of those were Roger Stabauch's, who the only reason wasn't a first round pick was bc he had to go to Vietnam.

So go ahead and draft a scrub in the later rounds and try to win a Super Bowl. I will take the odds and draft one in the first.

suds79
11-20-2011, 04:07 PM
well you guys can cry all you want but Pioli is not trading up 5 to 10 picks to get Barkley.

Trading up 5 to 10 picks?? Impossible. How low do you think we're going to be drafting?

I think Barkley will end up being there when we draft and I know RG3 will be.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
The first round QBs have won 27 Super Bowls compared to 19 that weren't first rounds picks. And of those 19, 7 were Brady and Montana. And 2 of those were Roger Stabauch's, who the only reason wasn't a first round pick was bc he had to go to Vietnam.

So go ahead and draft a scrub in the later rounds and try to win a Super Bowl. I will take the odds and draft one in the first.

Multiple SB wins have way more to do than the QB.

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah I dont want my team drafting a qb (or any position) top 10 unless hes a lock to be a good/great starter in the nfl. Dont gamble.

And no way Pioli trades UP to get barkley. No way. If anything hes trading down.

Yeah. Like Jackson or numerous other locks.

"Locks" don't exist in the draft.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Multiple SB wins have way more to do than the QB.

Keep telling yourself that.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

Tell me why Peyton only has 1... Just not that good?

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM

He is overrated.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
He is overrated.

If anything, with the epic collapse of the Colts minus Manning, he is underrated.

Fruit Ninja
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM

i dont know how anyone thats a Chiefs fan right now, doesnt get that, you need a qb first. ALWAYS. No matter what it has to be a good qb. Anything else is a failure.

Offensive line imo is much much easier to fix then getting a good QB.

Everyone should realize that if you dont have a great qb, you are going NOWHERE!

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 04:35 PM
If anything, with the epic collapse of the Colts minus Manning, he is underrated.

Though he's an extremely talented QB, one player cannot win shit by himself. As milk often says, though, give me a franchise QB and a top-10 defense, and I'll have a team that can compete every year for a SB.

We've had the defense before; we've always lacked the franchise QB, so we must go after the latter.

But we won't. Pioli is too fucking stupid.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
i dont know how anyone thats a Chiefs fan right now, doesnt get that, you need a qb first. ALWAYS. No matter what it has to be a good qb. Anything else is a failure.

Offensive line imo is much much easier to fix then getting a good QB.

Everyone should realize that if you dont have a great qb, you are going NOWHERE!

hey im down for drafting barkley if hes available when we draft, I just think trading away players to get him is not worth it at all in the long run

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 04:38 PM
hey im down for drafting barkley if hes available when we draft, I just think trading away players to get him is not worth it at all in the long run

Thats silly talk. If he is a franchise QB it will be worth trading up to get him.

Saul Good
11-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Look at the QBs who have won since Peyton has been in the league. Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers...

farmerchief
11-20-2011, 04:39 PM
After watching Baylor last night, my vote definitely goes to RGIII!

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 04:39 PM

If he develops into a franchise QB, there's almost no price that would be too much.

jd1020
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Look at the QBs who have won since Peyton has been in the league. Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers...

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Thats silly talk. If he is a franchise QB it will be worth trading up to get him.

I guess youre right. I just dont see Barkley being the next breesus, big ben, a rod, or manning

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I guess youre right. I just dont see Barkley being the next breesus, big ben, a rod, or manning

He could be Jeter, though.

Brock
11-20-2011, 04:42 PM

There is no need, NO need on this team greater than QB. Not a one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Pioli's probably gonna go the depth route, trading the high pick for a cadre of other selections. True fans will rejoice, Cassel will get his injury excuse, and the mediocrity treadmill will continue.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
RG3 has more upside. He escapes pressure and throws accurately down field. barkley has no mobility. A rod breesus and big ben all have mobility

Coogs
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM

I posted this in another thread before the games started today. Miami won today to get to 3 wins. Cleveland won to get to 4 (that was a huge one IMO with their remaining schedule). Seattle is leading St. Louis by 10 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. The Cleveland/Jags, Rams/Sehawks are the only two games to come off of this schedule, so their are 11 more head-to-heads after today.

We lose out... which is entirely posssible... we should be picking pretty high.

Here was the earlier post...

There are 13 head-to-head games on the schedule left for teams drafting ahead of us right now.

0-10 Colts have 2... Carolina at home, Jags on road
2-7 Carolina has just 1... at Colts
2-7 Miami has just 1... home vs Eagles
2-7 Rams have 3... home vs Seattle & Cards, at Seattle
2-7 Vikes have 1... at Washington
3-6 Skins have 3... Vikes at home, at Seattle & Eagles
3-6 Cards have 3... home vs Browns & Seattle, at Rams
3-6 Jags have 2... home vs Colts, at Browns
3-6 Eagles have 3... home vs Skins, at Miami & Seattle
3-6 Browns have 2... home vs Jags, at Cards
3-6 Seattle has 5... home vs Rams, Skins, Eagles, at Rams & Cards

Bewbies
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
This thread has to be full of trolling. There is no way you can look at the best teams in the league and conclude the way you build a champion is to draft late round QB's and fill your team with high picks everywhere else.

LMAO

Either that or we have the dumbest fans in the world.

Guru
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM

I'm not in favor of trading up but we absolutely need to address the QB situation NOW. I'm not saying take just anyone but we have to be looking at all the QBs and deciding which ones are worth taking if they are there at our pick.

I know I will be pissed if we are still starting Cassel next year.

MIAdragon
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Pioli's probably gonna go the depth route, trading the high pick for a cadre of other selections. True fans will rejoice, Cassel will get his injury excuse, and the mediocrity treadmill will continue.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w5KDqnIxp-Q/TalifoU8TAI/AAAAAAAAAAM/ohQMf9hZ2rc/s1600/kill+me+now.jpg

Coogs
11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Here are the updated before the Eagles game tonight...

2-8 Carolina has just 1... at Colts
2-8 Rams have 2... home vs Cards, at Seattle
2-8 Vikes have 1... at Washington

3-7 Miami has just 1... home vs Eagles
3-7 Skins have 3... Vikes at home, at Seattle & Eagles
3-7 Cards have 3... home vs Browns & Seattle, at Rams
3-7 Jags have 1... home vs Colts
3-6 Eagles have 3... home vs Skins, at Miami & Seattle

4-6 Browns have 1... at Cards
4-6 Seattle has 4... home vs Rams, Skins, Eagles, at Cards
4-6 Chargers
4-6 Buccs

Everyone else has at least 5 wins.

It looks as if most all of the 3 and 4 win teams... besides us... have a good chance to get to 5 wins. Not so much for the Colts and the 2 win teams, but it seems reasonable we could wind up in the 5 spot should we lose out with the Colts, Panthers, Rams, and Vikes ahead of us. Only Colts should need QB out of those 4. Trade up may still be necessary with one of those teams however to make sure to get the guy we would want.

Chiefnj2
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
RGIII >>>> Barkley

O.city
11-20-2011, 06:26 PM
If we are picking number 5 with the panthers, rams, colts and vikes ahead of us we would be in great shape to grab a qb. Just have to worry about someone trading up to grab our guy in front of us.

If we have a top 5 pick and don't pick a qb with it, especially this year with the qb class that should be coming out, we need a new GM.

Look around the league. It's a qb driven league. Pioli is all about following trends. Well it's a trend to get a good qb.

If you don't have a qb that can take it on his shoulders and go win a game for you, you are missing the boat.

tredadda
11-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Every hole and I mean every hole this team has can be addressed in FA except franchise QB. We need to do whatever it takes to get us one in the draft. This is a deep draft for QB's if they all declare and we need to do what it takes to get us a top one. Luck is out of the question, but Barkley and RGIII are not.

Fruit Ninja
11-20-2011, 06:29 PM

I dont see how even Pioli cant see that we need a qb in the worst fucking way. Anytime we face a team thats above 500 we get our shit pushed in and badly.

I refuse to believe that he's this fucking blind right now.

O.city
11-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Hamas said it before. In the upcoming draft we need to go qb in round one. Then just go true fan for the rest of the draft.

Pick up some fa to throw in there too. There are gonna be some good free agents this year.

DeezNutz
11-20-2011, 06:34 PM
RGIII >>>> Barkley

I'd be fine with drafting either, but I agree that RGIII's unbelievable natural gifts make him very intriguing.

O.city
11-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd be fine with drafting either, but I agree that RGIII's unbelievable natural gifts make him very intriguing.

If Charles and Mo come back healthy, we resign Bowe, you could throw RGIII on this team and we would be a playoff contender immediately.

I think he actually has the best arm in this class. The ball explodes out of his hand Cutler style.

Coogs
11-20-2011, 06:43 PM
If we are picking number 5 with the panthers, rams, colts and vikes ahead of us we would be in great shape to grab a qb. Just have to worry about someone trading up to grab our guy in front of us.

If we have a top 5 pick and don't pick a qb with it, especially this year with the qb class that should be coming out, we need a new GM.

Look around the league. It's a qb driven league. Pioli is all about following trends. Well it's a trend to get a good qb.

If you don't have a qb that can take it on his shoulders and go win a game for you, you are missing the boat.

This

Cleveland, Cincinnati, and New England have extra 1st round picks this year, but only Cleveland out of those would be looking QB. They have the most to offer in a trade up scenario.

whoman69
11-20-2011, 06:46 PM
This

Cleveland, Cincinnati, and New England have extra 1st round picks this year, but only Cleveland out of those would be looking QB. They have the most to offer in a trade up scenario.

You think they're ready to give up on McCoy already when the have no talent around him?

Coogs
11-20-2011, 06:47 PM
If Charles and Mo come back healthy, we resign Bowe, you could throw RGIII on this team and we would be a playoff contender immediately.

I think he actually has the best arm in this class. The ball explodes out of his hand Cutler style.

I have not seen that much of Barkley and just a little of RGIII, but I would be really happy to see RGIII with our offense. And from what the Barkley crowd is saying, that would be OK as well, but I am leaning RGIII as of right now.

Coogs
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
You think they're ready to give up on McCoy already when the have no talent around him?

Who knows. If they have a chance to grab a franchise QB, I would think they might.

tredadda
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Yes. I don't think they were ever sold on him as a starter. They started him because there were not many options for them to draft at QB, but I think they are going to end the McCoy experiment if they have a chance at a QB in the 1st this year. I doubt they give up both their 1sr round picks to trade up though as they have many holes that need to be filled.

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
RG3 2 KC

Coogs
11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Updated after the Eagles game...

2-8 Carolina has just 1... at Colts
2-8 Rams have 2... home vs Cards, at Seattle
2-8 Vikes have 1... at Washington

3-7 Miami has just 1... home vs Eagles
3-7 Skins have 3... Vikes at home, at Seattle & Eagles
3-7 Cards have 3... home vs Browns & Seattle, at Rams
3-7 Jags have 1... home vs Colts

4-6 Eagles have 3... home vs Skins, at Miami & Seattle
4-6 Browns have 1... at Cards
4-6 Seattle has 4... home vs Rams, Skins, Eagles, at Cards
4-6 Chargers
4-6 Buccs

... If we are unable to get a win at New England tomorrow we will be somewhere in the 4-6 group, picking from a high of 9 to a low of 14. All-in-all a pretty good week for our draft status. A blown big lead by Carolina, and a missed FG in overtime by the Skins of being nearly perfect... provided we are unable to beat the Patriots.

BryanBusby
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Either that or we have the dumbest fans in the world.

Pretty much this.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I like RGIII. The guy has a great arm and can throw a precise deep ball. That's something that we have really been missing. And I know its probably just silly now that Pete Carroll is there, but I'm a little weary of USC QBs. But I will say that if the Chiefs drafted Barkley, I would be optimistic. Mainly because they finally decided to move on from MC.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 08:54 AM

While true, anyone who knows anything knows that the most important position on the football field, by far is the QB position. It starts there. A great QB can make an average offense look good.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Thank God you're not our GM. :shake:

MahiMike
11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
While this is an interesting discussion and all, this thread exists only because we lost out on the only QB worth sucking for. Taking the 'next in line' is settling for someone that may or may not be worth it. I don't see the same level of QBs in this draft as last year. Just because there are so many rookies having success this year doesn't mean that will translate to 2012.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-21-2011, 09:06 AM
While this is an interesting discussion and all, this thread exists only because we lost out on the only QB worth sucking for. Taking the 'next in line' is settling for someone that may or may not be worth it. I don't see the same level of QBs in this draft as last year. Just because there are so many rookies having success this year doesn't mean that will translate to 2012.

So....since we are out of the S4L sweepstakes...are you saying there isn't any other QB worth drafting in the 1st rnd?

MahiMike
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
So....since we are out of the **** I AM A COMPLETELY MORONIC BANDWAGON FAN WHO HASN'T HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN OVER A DECADE! **** sweepstakes...are you saying there isn't any other QB worth drafting in the 1st rnd?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Deal with it.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Deal with it.

I think you're wrong.

suds79
11-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I think you're wrong.

And so do a lot of scouts according to QB draft projections.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Taking the 'next in line' is settling for someone that may or may not be worth it.

Welcome to the draft.

Teams have settled for Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Cutler and others in recent history and have done just as good, if not better, than the team who got the choice of the litter.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 09:16 AM

I'd give up two 1st if need be. One reason is because it is not like you are really giving up two... but in all reality just one.

Scenario...

Say we wind up picking 8th, behind several teams that may be looking QB. The Colts pick 1st and take Luck. The Rams, Panthers, or Vikes own the next 3 picks in some order. None of them need QB, but would be willing to move down. Teams picking 5th, 6th, and 7th are all in the mood for a QB. In order for us to get either Barkley, RGIII, or Jones we have to jump over those teams. The price is #8 and a 1st next year. We swap #8 for #2 to get the QB of choice... and give up a 1st next year to do that. Really we are only out 1 pick... next years.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MahiMike
11-21-2011, 09:27 AM
All I'm saying is there are other options. Sure, we'd all love to get our coveted QBOTF thru the draft so we can 'mold' them into the shape of an Arrowhead. But the time to do that was last year. The 2 QBs in this thread look good but too small to me. I believe our QBOTF is already on someone else's team. Show me a draft pick better than Ryan Mallet or Flynn. I say we take Cassel back to the store we bought him from, show them the receipt and ask for an exchange.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
All I'm saying is there are other options. Sure, we'd all love to get our coveted QBOTF thru the draft so we can 'mold' them into the shape of an Arrowhead. But the time to do that was last year. The 2 QBs in this thread look good but too small to me. I believe our QBOTF is already on someone else's team. Show me a draft pick better than Ryan Mallet or Flynn. I say we take Cassel back to the store we bought him from, show them the receipt and ask for an exchange.

Pioli? That you, bauce?

OnTheWarpath58
11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd give up two 1st if need be. One reason is because it is not like you are really giving up two... but in all reality just one.

Scenario...

Say we wind up picking 8th, behind several teams that may be looking QB. The Colts pick 1st and take Luck. The Rams, Panthers, or Vikes own the next 3 picks in some order. None of them need QB, but would be willing to move down. Teams picking 5th, 6th, and 7th are all in the mood for a QB. In order for us to get either Barkley, RGIII, or Jones we have to jump over those teams. The price is #8 and a 1st next year. We swap #8 for #2 to get the QB of choice... and give up a 1st next year to do that. Really we are only out 1 pick... next years.

I'd give up more if need be.

Every year they pass on a 1st round QB is another year on the mediocrity treadmill.

Hell, at least try. If you fail, get back on the horse and try again. Running this parade of career backups through here is fucking pointless.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM

So would I.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I would not give up 2 1st round picks to trade up mainly because any of those guys could turn out to be a bust. And then you've screwed your team even more. I just don't think its worth the gamble.

suds79
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM

I was pimping Ryan Mallet a ton last year. If Scott can call his ole buddy and get him? Sure, I'd be interested.

But at the same time it somewhat speaks to the problem of it being more of the same. That would be the same plan that has never worked for us. Trading for other QBs taken later in the draft. At some point the Chiefs need to show the balls to draft one high. He he busts? He busts. Can't win if you don't play.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
What makes Barkley and/or Jones so much better than Tannehill or Foles?

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Scenario...

I'd stand pat and all else fails pick Tannehill

Molitoth
11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd take either Barkley or RG3, because that will show us that Pioli knows this team is in need of a QB. Although I think RG3 will drop lower in the draft, and that we wouldn't need to trade UP to get him. I'm leaning towards RG3 because of his ability to get out of the pocket and get the ball downfield with accuracy. Although Barkley plays in a pro-style offense which also gives him an upper hand.
If we can somehow trade for Mallet I would not be upset about it. Mallet is a great prospect, learning from a great mentor, and showed promise during the pre-season.

Everyone is equal until given a chance.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
I would not give up 2 1st round picks to trade up mainly because any of those guys could turn out to be a bust. And then you've screwed your team even more. I just don't think its worth the gamble.

That's fine.

I just see a lot of Cam Newton in RGIII. I'd make the move.

Lzen
11-21-2011, 10:09 AM
That's fine.

I'll say this. If they make that move, I won't piss and moan about it. I'll just hope it works out for them. And at least we will know that MC is finally done here. :thumb:

jd1020
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM
That's fine.

Except that Newton is 6'5, built like a FB, with a better arm.

People comparing RG3 to Newton are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Maybe. I haven't seen that much of RGIII. Newton is just who he reminded me of when I saw him. Some see Vick. But I see something closer to Newton.

BryanBusby
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd take either Barkley or RG3, because that will show us that Pioli knows this team is in need of a QB. Although I think RG3 will drop lower in the draft, and that we wouldn't need to trade UP to get him.

The potential in RG3 will keep him from dropping much, if at all. Although, the Chiefs have a good shot at drafting him or Barkley if they fail to win another game.

Dicky McElephant
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll take Barkley.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Maybe. I haven't seen that much of RGIII. Newton is just who he reminded me of when I saw him. Some see Vick. But I see something closer to Newton.

Eagles' Vick, not Atlanta's, is the best you can hope for out of RG3. Yes, I would gladly take that. Yes, I think its insane to expect that.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I'll take Barkley.

What makes him better than Sanchez, or even better than Foles or Tannehill?

suds79
11-21-2011, 10:35 AM

Yeah their body types are so different I'm having a hard time seeing that.

When I see RG3, I see Michael Vick with the things you wish Vick had.

RG3 is a better passer and I saw him play smart and get down several times during that OU game.

The lack of sliding and thus injuries has really hurt Vick.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 10:38 AM

Foles is really dropping in my mind. I don't even think I would use a 2nd on him anymore.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah their body types are so different I'm having a hard time seeing that.

What I see similar was their movements within the pocket and looking to pass before they take off to run. With Vick, I see a QB who is running once he starts to move.

BryanBusby
11-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Barkley has had a lot more playing experience than Sanchez, a stronger leader and a more mature player.

Foles is a gimmicky player whose stock will tank during the draft process. He's just one of those players that people will just scan his stats and go, "wow looks nice. He should go early in the draft"

I like Tannehill, but he's more of a project player than a day 1 starting franchise QB.

I'm not going to pick apart Landry Jones, mainly because I don't think he will declare for the draft. He's just not having the season he needed to gain any serious consideration for being the 2nd QB taken....or the 3rd.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Barkley has had a lot more playing experience than Sanchez, a stronger leader and a more mature player.

Foles is a gimmicky player whose stock will tank during the draft process. He's just one of those players that people will just scan his stats and go, "wow looks nice. He should go early in the draft"

I like Tannehill, but he's more of a project player than a day 1 starting franchise QB.

Foles' stats are overrated. Look at the ridiculous amount of passes he's thrown to get them.

He was great early. He's been garbage lately.

I'd probably take a chance on Kellen Moore's accuracy before I drafted Foles, at this point.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 10:55 AM

By most accounts, Sanchez hasn't progressed very much and might not be the answer at QB for the Jets. If Barkley's a better player than Sanchez just because of playing experience and maturity, is he really better? He would have less room to develop because he's more experienced to begin with.

BryanBusby
11-21-2011, 11:03 AM
By most accounts, Sanchez hasn't progressed very much and might not be the answer at QB for the Jets. If Barkley's a better player than Sanchez just because of playing experience and maturity, is he really better? He would have less room to develop because he's more experienced to begin with.
I think you need to get a better understanding as to why Sanchez is struggling as a Jet.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I think you need to get a better understanding as to why Sanchez is struggling as a Jet.

I guess. The Jets never get any mention in the NY metro market. It's not like there are a half dozen papers, radio shows and tv shows that discuss him constantly.

Wilson8
11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Matt Barkley

What I like…

- He showcases the ability to get out from under center, maintain balance and accurately work the three-step game.

- Possesses a compact delivery and can get the ball out quickly.

- He’s a smart kid who deciphers information well in the face of pressure and quickly/accurately can find his secondary outlets.

- Possesses a wide throwing base from the pocket, doesn’t need to consistently step into throws in order to generate velocity as he transfers his weight well off his back leg.

- Exhibits the ability to anticipate throws on all levels of the field, throwing receivers open and letting go of the football before receivers get out of their breaks.

- He’s a “plus” thrower on the move. Generates good torque from the hips and displays good accuracy and arm strength when asked to get outside the pocket.

- Collects himself quickly in the boot action game, is a quick decision maker on the move, can settle his feet quickly and get the ball out on time.

- Is a three-year starter who has battled adversity and really matured into the leader of the USC football team.

- Exhibits a good feel in the pocket. Calmly side steps pressure and keeps his eyes down the field through the play.

- Does a nice job manipulating defenses, moving the safety and calmly working his progression back across the field.
-
What I don’t like…

- Possesses a very average skill set. Lacks ideal size and overall arm strength.

- Is a bit limited as an athlete, isn’t going to run away from any NFL defenders.

- Looks a bit slow-footed in the pocket. Doesn’t reset his feet once he widens his base.

- Accuracy gets inconsistent because of struggles to quickly reset plant leg. Gets rushed because he knows the ball needs to come out on time, but struggles to reset and balance his footwork quickly.

- The same inconsistencies show up on bucket throws as he at times fails to collect himself. Will rush passes and fall off throws and/or not always stride toward his target.

- Will throw blind when finding secondary options, knows the ball needs to come out, but will force passes into coverage when working back across the field.

- Doesn’t always spin the cleanest of footballs, might struggle in cold/windy conditions.

For my take on the better prospect click to page two...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Robert-Griffin-III-vs-Matt-Barkley.html

See next post -

Wilson8
11-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Robert Griffin III

What I like…

- Possesses a natural feel for the game.

- Displays the ability to create with both his arm/legs when plays breakdown.

- Keeps eye level down the field when flushed from the pocket looking to create the big play vertically first.

- Can be a magician with his legs, making defenders miss and picking his spots to run.

- Exhibits excellent feel/coordination when deciphering when to throw on the move and despite being unorthodox at times makes everything look very easy.

- Is simply a natural passer who can throw from a number of body angles and release points with accuracy.

- Possesses excellent foot quickness, resets his feet instantly and can quickly balance himself and get rid of the football.

- When he sets his feet in the pocket generates good toque from his lower half and the ball really comes out cleanly. Spins it well on all levels of the field.

- Touch on bucket throws down the field is top-tier for a QB prospect.

- Is comfortable throwing receivers open at the second level and can fit the football into tight areas when he sees it.

- Has improved every year on campus as a passer. Is worker and a humble kid as well, not a “five car garage guy.”

What I don’t like…

- Isn’t comfortable taking snaps from under center. Has some experience, but doesn’t get much depth, wants to settle his feet too quickly and isn’t natural off play action yet.

- Doesn’t consistently stay in an ideal throwing position from the pocket. Gets upright and narrow with his base and will bounce around trying to stay in rhythm.

- Lacks a great feel going through his progressions at this stage, more of a one side of the field guy who when flushed can find secondary reads.

- Doesn’t do a great job pre-snap identifying the blitz and locating the hot man.

- Gets inconsistent with his release point from the pocket at times, but mostly when rolling right. Will drop arm angle and at times looks to guide the football.

Final take…

Overall, when looking at the two prospects what you have is case of a higher upside and more naturally talented prospect in Robert Griffin III vs. a higher floor guy in Matt Barkley who is more limited physically.

Barkley has been working in a pro style system for three years, deciphers information quicker, is more adapt handling the blitz and overall looks a bit more in control of his offense at this time. However, Griffin III on the other side is the more gifted athlete with the better arm, spins a cleaner football and has much more untapped potential.

I still think both guys are future starting NFL quarterbacks. I just feel there are some physical limitations surrounding a prospect like Barkley that would keep me from giving him the same type of grade as Griffin III. Basically with Barkley I worry about his lacking athleticism and foot quickness in the pocket. Too often he seems to struggle to quickly collect his footing, which directly corresponds with his accuracy problems.

Griffin III on the other hand is much more fleet of feet, is a more fluid/natural thrower of the football and displays better overall touch/accuracy in my view vertically down the field.

Both get high marks in the form of leadership capabilities, work ethic, and attitude. Therefore, since I’m looking at two bright quarterbacks who “get it” off the field, I’d go with the kid who might need a little more work, but could ultimately mature into the much better overall NFL quarterback. And that’s Robert Griffin III.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Robert-Griffin-III-vs-Matt-Barkley.html&page=2

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-24-2011, 10:17 AM
:hmmm: Draft RG3....and move him to WR :p

Dr. Gigglepants
11-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Every year they pass on a 1st round QB is another year on the mediocrity treadmill.

Hell, at least try. If you fail, get back on the horse and try again. Running this parade of career backups through here is fucking pointless.

I would give up this year's 2nd in addition to coogs' scenario to move up 6 spots and get RGIII. The bad thing is if everyone and their brother is trying to move up, I would hate to give up much more than 2 firsts and a second for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

seamonster
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Not sure why people are pining to have another tiny "athletic mobile" quarterback that's more than likely going to have broken ribs every four weeks. I'd take the safer Barkley that can audible out of blitzes and not get curb stomped by linebackers running for first downs.

Buckweath
11-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Lol if this team doesn`t draft a QB in the first round this year, doesn`t trade for Manning and still start Cassell next year, I`m quitting on this team.

QB is such a glaring need, if not addressed, I rather root for another team that I feel is not headed for many more years of mediocrity.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Lol if this team doesn`t draft a QB in the first round this year, doesn`t trade for Manning and still start Cassell next year, I`m quitting on this team.

QB is such a glaring need, if not addressed, I rather root for another team that I feel is not headed for many more years of mediocrity.

LOL trade for Manning...

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Not sure why people are pining to have another tiny "athletic mobile" quarterback that's more than likely going to have broken ribs every four weeks. I'd take the safer Barkley that can audible out of blitzes and not get curb stomped by linebackers running for first downs.

Tiny? LOL wut? He and Barkley are the same size, dumbass.

Chief Roundup
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I want the most accurate throwing QB.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-26-2011, 09:03 PM
RG3 knocked out of the game tonight?

Al Bundy
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
RG3 knocked out of the game tonight?

Yes.. cheap shot. Concussion.

jd1020
11-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I want the most accurate throwing QB.

1 Dan Persa, QB NW 74.6
2 Kellen Moore, QB BSU 73.8
3 Russell Wilson, QB WIS 73.6
4 Case Keenum, QB HOU 73.2
5 Brandon Weeden, QB OKST 73.0

Sure about that?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes.. cheap shot. Concussion.

damn.

tk13
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
This is the one thing that scares me about RG III. He can flat out fly and likes to take off, but he's not a big bruising runner like Tebow... I worry about him taking shots in the NFL.

crossbow
11-26-2011, 11:51 PM

He had to beat out Brady.

crossbow
11-27-2011, 12:07 AM

I am right there with you on this one. I am getting tired of waiting and until they show me they are willing to REALLY do what it takes to win then I think this team is waisting everyone's time. Nobody wins without a quality QB in this league. You have to be able to pass and run. We saw how far we got in the playoffs when all we could do was run and had only one valid reciever. The outcome of that game was predictable on all levels.

Stop screwing around and draft a damn stud for once.

Al Bundy
11-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Barkley is dealing tonight.

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 01:10 AM
I am watching the rebroadcast of RG3 v. Texas Tech. If we don't get RG3, I will be a sad panda. He continues to amaze me.

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 02:24 AM
I am right there with you on this one. I am getting tired of waiting and until they show me they are willing to REALLY do what it takes to win then I think this team is waisting everyone's time. Nobody wins without a quality QB in this league. You have to be able to pass and run. We saw how far we got in the playoffs when all we could do was run and had only one valid reciever. The outcome of that game was predictable on all levels.

Stop screwing around and draft a damn stud for once.

Its at the point where it blows your mind. I get that we are fans, that not everything we see is 100% the way that it is. I am not a person that thinks every opinion I have is a fact.

That being said, there is NO way we are incorrect about the QB situation. HOW, HOW in the world could men who spent their entire careers in the NFL not see it. Are they too close to the situation? Is Pioli honestly trying to protect his ass on the trade, only putting his ass more on the line in the process? Honestly, I am not trying to be funny. What is the reason at this point?

It just blows my mind. This reminds me of when I think about what is beyond the universe and before the big bang, and where all that matter came from. When you start thinking about it you think "hey I kind of understand" and then boom, you realize you can't even begin to comprehend it. Thats what this situation is. It literally, no joke, defies any logic.

KCChiefsFan88
11-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Barkley, Barkley, Barkley... PLEASE let the Chiefs get Barkley.

Barkley with Orton as the veteran back-up (stop-gap if necessary).

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Barkley or RG III please....

I am leaning a little more towards barkley

evolve27
11-27-2011, 06:09 AM
RG3 FTW!

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 06:14 AM
I'll take RG3.

The game continues to evolve and I think RG3 has the potential to be not only a good QB but the "next step" in that evolution.

For once, wouldn't it be nice for the Chiefs to be SETTING the trend instead of getting drug behind the bus?

KCinNY
11-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Either one...I don't fucking care!

Just give me a 1st round QB that I can believe in.

The Hunt family philosphy is apparently to never risk a 1st round QB since they had a bust with Blackledge twenty fucking years ago. Just keep recycling other teams' sorry backups.

FringeNC
11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Barkley won't be around when we pick.

Coogs
11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Last week I got to see RGIII. Last night I got the chance to see Barkley. Assuming Luck goes to the Colts, and one of the teams drafting 2nd, 3rd, or possibly even 4th (Panthers, Vikes, Rams) wants to move down for more draft picks, I am going to be mighty dissapointed if we do not make a move for either one of these two.

Now this is provided they enter the draft, as it appears that both are considering going back to college. That would be JOFL!

Dave Lane
11-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Barkley, Barkley, Barkley... PLEASE let the Chiefs get Barkley.

Barkley with Orton as the veteran back-up (stop-gap if necessary).

Barkley is unimpressive from the little I have seen. And I'm ready to try something other than a USC QB. I'd prefer RG3 at this point.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Barkley is unimpressive from the little I have seen. And I'm ready to try something other than a USC QB.

I'm not seeing a lot of recent success there either...

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM

So you would not give up two firsts (which is actually only one since you would be swapping firsts this year) for a franchise QB? I guess it is good to see you are not our GM because if we could do that it would be a steal. Not every first round pick is a success, so there is no guarantee our first next year will pan out. If we got our franchise QB, with the pieces we already have in place (and our easier schedule next year), hopefully our pick will be very low indeed.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Eagles' Vick, not Atlanta's, is the best you can hope for out of RG3. Yes, I would gladly take that. Yes, I think its insane to expect that.

Except RGIII is accurate, Vick never was and still isn't. Vick was a freak athlete disguised as a QB. I think RGIII is more Steve Young than Michael Vick.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:41 AM

6'2 220 is tiny? Why do people see him run and think he is a run first QB? He is a pass first QB who runs when nothing else is out there. He is like a Rodgers in the sense that he will make something happen with his legs if need be.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
1 Dan Persa, QB NW 74.6
2 Kellen Moore, QB BSU 73.8
3 Russell Wilson, QB WIS 73.6
4 Case Keenum, QB HOU 73.2
5 Brandon Weeden, QB OKST 73.0

Sure about that?

It sucks too, but I think Moore is going to be another case of the "Chase Daniel syndrome". Possibly a very good NFL QB whose stock will fall because of his size and the system he plays in college.

Bane
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
RG3 is Vince Young v2.0 so not him at all costs.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Except RGIII has an IQ in triple digits, graduated early and is not a headcase. He is also a pass first QB unlike Young who was a run first QB. So other than them both being black, how are RGIII and Young even similar?

Pablo
11-27-2011, 11:37 AM
RG3 is Vince Young v2.0 so not him at all costs.This is how we know never to trust Bane on his football takes ever again.

"YUP HE IS COLORED AND I SEEN HIM RUN THE BALL ON THE PICTURETUBE ONCE SO I NO DAMN WELL HE'S VINCE YOUNG NO. 2"

Ebolapox
11-27-2011, 11:38 AM

OMG TOO RISKY!

Bane
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I just don't believe RG3 will transition into a good nfl Qb,much like Vince Young hasn't.I've watched several of his games and just dont believe in his ability,plain and simple.It has absolutely nothing to do with his skin color but weak minded mother****ers are always quick to play the race card and cry racism anytime a white guy has an opinion.

Just so you bleeding heart race baiting bitches know,I wanted Josh Freeman in the draft above all other QB's and was all aboard trading or whatever it took (taking him @3) to get him.Guess I have to hang my white sheet up for the day.

whoman69
11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I just don't believe RG3 will transition into a good nfl Qb,much like Vince Young hasn't.I've watched several of his games and just dont believe in his ability,plain and simple.It has absolutely nothing to do with his skin color but weak minded mother****ers are always quick to play the race card and cry racism anytime a white guy has an opinion.

Just so you bleeding heart race baiting bitches know,I wanted Josh Freeman in the draft above all other QB's and was all aboard trading or whatever it took (taking him @3) to get him.Guess I have to hang my white sheet up for the day.

You still haven't said how he is anything remotely like Vince Young. When you make statements with nothing to back them up you leave yourself open for us to question your motivations. You still haven't said anything about RG3s game except that you don't believe in his ability. So unless you want to be seen as anything other than an ID10T, don't just throw the dopey statements out.

LiveSteam
11-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Russell Wilson would look good in a KC uniform

Saul Good
11-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Russell Wilson would look good in a KC uniform

Hopefully he grows about 6 inches between now and the draft, then.

Mizzou_8541
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
This is how we know never to trust Bane on his football takes ever again.

"YUP HE IS COLORED AND I SEEN HIM RUN THE BALL ON THE PICTURETUBE ONCE SO I NO DAMN WELL HE'S VINCE YOUNG NO. 2"

ROFL

notorious
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
ROFL

Saul Good
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
RGIII is the next Al Jolson. He's probably better sutied for singing than playing QB.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/dorianholmes87/jolsonlol.jpg

-King-
11-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Too far man. Too far.

SNR
11-27-2011, 04:35 PM
HALEY: Robert, that was a stupid run. You needlessly put yourself at risk. Next time just throw it away

RGIII: I IS SORRA MASSAH!!!

SNR
11-27-2011, 04:40 PM

1. When one thinks about ineffective 1st round QBs, Vince Young isn't a name that instantly pops to mind. They list other QBs before Young, sometimes including guys like Mark Sanchez. Is Vince Young just your #1 go-to-guy when talking about bust QBs?

2. RGIII is a scholar and one of the better passers in this draft class. His skill set is nothing like Vince Young

So if it's not his skin color, not his skill set, and not a measure of how you think he'll do, then what is it? Why does he compare to Vince Young?

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Anyone who compares RGIII to Vince Young or Michael Vick or Cam Newton or Akili Smith is asking to be called racist at worst and ignorant at best.

He is not like any of these players. He is a mobile downfield passer. He works progressions and throws accurately on the run because he has good footwork. Furthermore, he is evidently the best PERSON and hardest worker and best leader on that team. Finally, he graduated high school a semester early, finished his bachelors in three years and is currently working on his masters in Communications.

He is also more athletic than any of those other players. He made it to the semi-finals of the olympic trials ffs.

Bewbies
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Drafting QB's is for loser teams, not winners like us.

Chocolate Hog
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM
RGIII should skip the NFL draft and become the next 2pac.

Ebolapox
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
1. When one thinks about ineffective 1st round QBs, Vince Young isn't a name that instantly pops to mind. They list other QBs before Young, sometimes including guys like Mark Sanchez. Is Vince Young just your #1 go-to-guy when talking about bust QBs?

2. RGIII is a scholar and one of the better passers in this draft class. His skill set is nothing like Vince Young

So if it's not his skin color, not his skill set, and not a measure of how you think he'll do, then what is it? Why does he compare to Vince Young?

he's a black qb from texas that has the ability to run, he went to a school that has a law school, he has hands, he has feet, he has two eyes, a nose, two ears, he has a mother and a father, and he wears shoes when he plays.

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
he's a black qb from texas that has the ability to run, he went to a school that has a law school, he has hands, he has feet, he has two eyes, a nose, two ears, he has a mother and a father, and he wears shoes when he plays.

If we get RG3, then Art Briles has to come with.

KCinNY
11-27-2011, 07:05 PM
I've seen RGIII three times this year on TV.

His accuracy is damn impressive. He's definitely a pass-first, run when nothing's there kind of QB.