PDA

View Full Version : Do I Stand a Chance

rico
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
So coming into tonight's game, I am up 22 points vs. my opponent.

HOWEVER

He has NE's: Tom Brady, TE Rob Gronkowski and RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis who have yet to play. At this point, Green-Ellis is listed as "questionable." Not to mention, he has struggled the past couple weeks.

I have NE's: Stephen Gostkowski (K) who has yet to play.

Do I stand a chance to win this one, or should I chalk it up as a loss? I am thinking that I will lose this one.

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
You're toast. Brady's going to throw for 900 yards; welker and gronkowski won't catch any.

Cave Johnson
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
You'll lose by 15, at a minimum.

Ceej
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I like my situation a lot better than yours, and I don't even like it that much.

I'm up 24 points.

I have Gronkowski.

He has Brady and LawFirm.

Very unsettling.

DJ's left nut
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm up 31 and he has Gronk going....I'm actually concerned I'll lose.

The bad news for you is that Brady gets about 1/2 a point for every point Gronk gets, not counting the untold number of yardage that Welker and Hernandez are likely to put on us.

And even if they jump out to a 30 point lead and try to milk the clock, BJE is going to get most of the carries.

You're not completely fucked...but you're certainly mostly fucked.

Cave Johnson
11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm down 1 and change..... he has Welkah and Gronk, I've got Hernandez and NE's D.

The more Palko pick-six's, the better.

Rain Man
11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
You're going to win by 22.

All I needed yesterday was 12 points from Eli Manning to win my game. 12 points. At halftime I think he had -1 points. Negative one. Then he came storming back. As his last drive started he had 10 points. Completion! Completion! He had 11 points! Then 13 points! Yes! Yes! Victory! Then he got sacked and lost a fumble, going backwards to 11 points as the game ended. I hate fantasy football.

rico
11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
So what I need to happen is this:

Brady gets Pollarded immediately.

Green-Ellis's questionable status carries over to the game and he gets slim to no carries.

Faulk/Ridley run the ball to the 35-40 yard line before being stopped every time and Gostkowski nails hella field goals.

Backup QP Hoyer is unable to hit Gronkowski.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY

The Chiefs don't end up signing and starting Hoyer for 3 years.

rico
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Well.... this didn't work out.....