PDA

View Full Version : Life Favorite and Least Favorite Companies

Saul Good
11-22-2011, 09:06 AM
What are the best and worst companies you deal with?

Saul Good
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
I love Chick-Fil-A. Their food kicks ass, and their service is amazing for a fast food joint.

Ticketmaster is worse than Hitler. That's not hyperbole. They have literally started 3 world wars and have brutally murdered over nine billion women and children.

kysirsoze
11-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Worst: Time Warner Cable. Can't get dish or FIOS or U-verse. I'm stuck with these assholes.

Best: My auto repair guy, believe it or not.

Dayze
11-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Chipotle seems to be a good company; consisten food and service from store-to-store.

rageeumr
11-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Good call on the Chick-Fil-A. The one by my office (135th and Metcalf) is run like a well-oiled machine.

I had a good experience with CarMax recently that I posted about on here. I had a car acting up the day after I bought it, and they let me return it and put me in a loaner while I shopped around for a different car.

I hate AT&T's customer service. I don't think I have ever called AT&T and not been on hold for at least 30 minutes.

Pants
11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Keeping the TVSP/ISP theme...

Love: Comcast
Like: Time Warner
Hate: ATT
Feel Sorry For: Surewest

rageeumr
11-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Feel Sorry For: Surewest

Can you elaborate? They just came to my neighborhood a couple of months ago. It seems like all my neighbors are switching. I didn't like the fact that they didn't have whole-house DVR. But they have fiber running through my backyard, which is tempting me.

blaise
11-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Good: Chik Fil A, Kohls, Panera Bread.

And a seconded hate for ATT. Not a fan of the NFL Network if that counts.

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Best: Nordstrom, FedEx, QuikTrip, American Express, Straubs (a local grocery) and Dewey's Pizza, which is a local place as well.

Worst: AT&T Internet and my local VW dealer.

ReynardMuldrake
11-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Best: Costco
Worst: Bank of America

journeyscarab
11-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Can you elaborate? They just came to my neighborhood a couple of months ago. It seems like all my neighbors are switching. I didn't like the fact that they didn't have whole-house DVR. But they have fiber running through my backyard, which is tempting me.

I've had them forever. They are a good company. We seem to get things later than Surewest-Sacramento but we've been very pleased with their service.

Pants
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM

Their DVR software is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. They have competitive pricing (although it went from $75 to $98 in less than a year for me), but their free VOD selection is pure shit, no HD content to speak of unless you're talking about renting movies. Compared to all the features TW has, SureWest almost seems medieval. The internet is fine, though.

Spott
11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Best is Chick Fil A by far.

AT&T is pure evil and is just ahead of Wal Mart and Citibank on the shitlist.

DMAC
11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Chick Fil A must pay pretty good. Not sure how else you can explain the high quality of hard working college students that are employed there and seem to enjoy it.

Worst is WalMart. There is nothing good about that place.

KC_Lee
11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Worst: Office Max & Fossil Watch Company. Both were / are clients that I had to deal with, hate them both afterwards.

Best: Local muffler shop, Madison (TN) Muffler. Only time I have ever met a happy auto mechanic.

suds79
11-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Best:
Google: They're forward thinking and everything they have is free.

Net10 or Tracfone (sister companies): Can get by on a phone provider tremendously cheaper and still have data. My wife pays 25 per month. I typically purchase more airtime every month and a 1/2. I usually pay 20 bucks. Oh sorry. 21.73 I believe after tax. ;)

Worse:
Time Warner Cable: Don't get NFL network. Expensive. And their DVR box sucks. Remote is unresponsive with massive delays (and no it's not the batteries)

Dish Network: DVR box was a million times better & more intuitive than Time Warners but they could never get our bill right. That's why we left.

Sprint: Just upped their charge on activation fees for new phones. Used to be 15. Now it's 36. Went to go get newer phones for the wife and I, found out about the activation fee for each phone. 72 bucks. Was done with them after that and cancelling was a pain.

KCUnited
11-22-2011, 09:34 AM
HyVee, Jimmy John's, Costco, Red X (KC), VIP Car Wash (KC), Quik Trip, UMB all good places.

Time Warner and KC Star, not so good.

DMAC
11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Are the Chiefs a company?

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Favorites include T-Mobile, Dell, Time Warner Cable (hated them at one time, but it's gotten much better), Hampton Inn, Amazon...

Worst: The Ticketmaster/Hitler analogy is about right, or maybe even an understatement. Whoever creates Dr Pepper commercials. The Kansas City Chiefs are getting on my nerves, too.

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Favorites include T-Mobile, Dell, Time Warner Cable (hated them at one time, but it's gotten much better), Hampton Inn, Amazon...

Worst: The Ticketmaster/Hitler analogy is about right, or maybe even an understatement. Whoever creates Dr Pepper commercials. The Kansas City Chiefs are getting on my nerves, too.

+1 for Amazon. Can't believe I forgot them in my post.

evenfall
11-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Bad:

Comcast is one of the worst in terms of for poor value for the money. As of a year ago the DVR implementation was pathetic compared to competitors.

Citi, for rate hikes on customers in good standing when the company was in financial trouble.

Was just reading a report that showed JetBlue having the worst record for on time arrivals and American Eagle for losing baggage.

Good:

Wells Fargo. Best bank I've ever been with.

American Express. Best value for a card issuer.

Capital One for auto finance. Great rates and service, very fast turnarounds.

UPS for overall quality and consistency of service.

Amazon for generous return policy and unparalleled selection.

Apple, for consistency and quality of user experience.

QuikTrip - pretty much owns every other gas station.

KCI Airport - not really a company, but an amazing airport for a midsized city. It couldn't be any easier to travel through. The way it should be.

Chiefnj2
11-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Best: LL Bean, Amex, newegg.com, huntersfriend.com., amazon.com

Worst: United Airlines now merged with Continental or whatever name they go by as they screw with consumers.

HemiEd
11-22-2011, 09:43 AM
I really like New Balance shoes, and their company. We have been wearing them about 5 years now. History channel did an American made special a while back, and NB is the only one still making athletic shoes here according to the show. Their website is equally cool, just used it this morning.

I hate Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes, BMW, Suburu, and Audi. o:-)

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Bad:

Was just reading a report that showed JetBlue having the worst record for on time arrivals and American Eagle for losing baggage.

As someone who's been doing some research on airlines for a paper, it could be that JetBlue doesn't build a ton of extra time into their flight schedules as a loophole around the arrival stats.

A lot of airlines have been doing this for a while. It takes about 45-50 minutes to fly from Lambert STL to Chicago O'Hare, but American Airlines' schedule says it takes nearly an hour and 25 minutes. Of course their "on time" rating will be better, they are getting in "early" nearly every flight.

Again, not saying this is the case for JetBlue's rating, but it could be.

Nzoner
11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Another good vote for HY-vee Grocers,can't find something you just ask and they won't try and tell you they'll personally take you to the product.

evenfall
11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
OnTheWarpath58 - I'm sure you have seen this if you are doing research, but if not:

http://tinyurl.com/6sasfpg

Fried Meat Ball!
11-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Chick Fil A must pay pretty good. Not sure how else you can explain the high quality of hard working college students that are employed there and seem to enjoy it.

I think they're competitive, but I don't think they pay better than any other fast food. We have one in my building, and I'm there fairly regularly (mostly just picking up a drink in the morning). I've gotten to know the store manager fairly well, and he's told me they have a pretty strict hiring regimen, especially for the front of the house folks. No chance they're dealing with customers unless they have that perky personality.

DMAC
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I think they're competitive, but I don't think they pay better than any other fast food. We have one in my building, and I'm there fairly regularly (mostly just picking up a drink in the morning). I've gotten to know the store manager fairly well, and he's told me they have a pretty strict hiring regimen, especially for the front of the house folks. No chance they're dealing with customers unless they have that perky personality.

I like to say "thank you" as much as I can. I think my record is 5 "my pleasure!"'s in a single drive thru visit.

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2011, 09:56 AM
OnTheWarpath58 - I'm sure you have seen this if you are doing research, but if not:

http://tinyurl.com/6sasfpg

Bits and pieces. My paper doesn't cover customer service, but I've stumbled across some docs like this while researching.

I'll have to take a longer look at this when I have time for shits and giggles.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Worst... Advertising agencys, especially the national ones and specifically the one that handles AT&T

and AT&T

Best... hmmmm....

ReynardMuldrake
11-22-2011, 10:10 AM

I wonder if it works the other way around too. Do they have to deal with fewer rude customers just because they're so darn polite all the time?

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
FWIW, the bracket for the worst companies in America...

http://consumerist.com/2011/03/wcia2011-bracket-announcement.html

I've never used Bank of America, but I'm still kind of surprised anyone on that list besides Comcast or AT&T could beat Ticketmaster.... but, I've never dealt with Comcast or AT&T (I had Cingular back in the day) though, so it's just based on what I've read/heard.

I'm surprised the only mention of Wells Fargo in this thread is positive... I've read/heard a lot of bad stuff about them.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I wonder if it works the other way around too. Do they have to deal with fewer rude customers just because they're so darn polite all the time?

Probably. I know the few times I've had to wait a while, I really don't mind because everyone there is very friendly, they keep me up-to-speed on what's going on with my order, tell me "it'll be done in 30 seconds," etc.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Ive noticed this as well. All the ones ive ever eaten at the employees were nicer and more helpful than the typical fast food establishment.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I hate Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes, BMW, Suburu, and Audi. o:-)

ROFL...im shocked!

WilliamTheIrish
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Enterprise Rental Cars. The best customer service.

DMAC
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Campmor is a good one for a smaller company. I have used them many times and every experience is better than the last.

Plus their catalogs are about the best "on the crapper" reading material.

evenfall
11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm surprised the only mention of Wells Fargo in this thread is positive... I've read/heard a lot of bad stuff about them.

They are first rate. The service in the physical banks is better than I have gotten at small town banks. Their online services are great. They are very responsive to questions and making exceptions. They have the best ATMs. There is a particular representative at my location who knows me and whom I'd ask for if I called. He remembers me and knows/remembers a coworkers of mine as well. It's a great company. The only negative I have seen was a rate quote that wasn't quite as competitve, but the guy told me that WF wasn't even offering rates as low as the quote I brought for him to match.

My experience has been great.

Gonzo
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Sprint and US Bank can kiss my Kraut-Irish ass, You can include COX with that as well. Overpriced asshats.

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Enterprise Rental Cars. The best customer service.

-1 ...surprised I didn't think of them before.

A small chip on the bumper of a rental turned into an expensive 2 month ordeal, due to the local branch's incompetence and their outsourced claims support. I don't normally go out of my way to avoid a company based on one bad experience, but it was a more expensive headache than the situation that landed me there in the first place. And considering I was without my own car for 2 weeks due to a wreck 200 miles from home, that's saying something.

Gonzo
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
-1 ...surprised I didn't think of them before.

A small chip on the bumper of a rental turned into an expensive 2 month ordeal, due to the local branch's incompetence and their outsourced claims support. I don't normally go out of my way to avoid a company based on one bad experience, but it was a more expensive headache than the situation that landed me there in the first place. And considering I was without my own car for 2 weeks due to a wreck 200 miles from home, that's saying something.

This...
I've had nothing but bad luck with Enterprise. Their "sales associates" are failures in the game of life.

The others aren't much different, though. Crooked as hell and two-faced.

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Sprint and US Bank can kiss my Kraut-Irish ass, You can include COX with that as well. Overpriced asshats.

Oh yeah, Cox, too... they're actually part of the reason I like TWC now. I didn't know how good I had it.

They are first rate. The service in the physical banks is better than I have gotten at small town banks. Their online services are great. They are very responsive to questions and making exceptions. They have the best ATMs. There is a particular representative at my location who knows me and whom I'd ask for if I called. He remembers me and knows/remembers a coworkers of mine as well. It's a great company. The only negative I have seen was a rate quote that wasn't quite as competitve, but the guy told me that WF wasn't even offering rates as low as the quote I brought for him to match.

My experience has been great.

Cool... I've never used them, but the vast majority of complaints I've heard centered around their mortgage services.

Bump
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
1. Any hospital
2. Johnson & Johnson
3. Phizer
4. BP
5. Howard Johnson Hotels

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Best: CenturyLink (formerly Qwest, and that's assuming they don't go downhill after the change), QuikTrip

Worst: Cox Cable, Directv, and AT&T wireless (although I don't deal with any of them anymore)

rageeumr
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Oh, I forgot to give props to USAA. Not the cheapest insurance company, but the service is amazing and they don't bust your balls about claims. No running around getting 14 estimates. I've made auto and homeowners' claims and the payouts have always been extremely fair.

I started banking with them a couple of years ago, and their banking service rocks, too. You can deposit checks with a scanner or with your phone. You can also use any ATM you want and they reimburse you any ATM fees you pay. Only pain in the ass is if you have a bunch of cash you want to deposit. Makes my drug dealing business difficult sometimes.

Bob Dole
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM

They bought out Truman Arnold's local bank project here and Bob Dole has heard nothing but complaints from their customers. They also put a number of local businesses out of business by calling notes due early.

jspchief
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Quiktrip = good

Mediacom Cable = horrible. They are a textbook example of a company operating without competition.

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Best: CenturyLink (formerly Qwest, and that's assuming they don't go downhill after the change), QuikTrip

Worst: Cox Cable, Directv, and AT&T wireless (although I don't deal with any of them anymore)

CenturyLink Center just doesn't roll off the tongue, so I'm still calling it Qwest... but, maybe people will start calling it The Link.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
CenturyLink Center just doesn't roll off the tongue, so I'm still calling it Qwest... but, maybe people will start calling it The Link.
It's the "Clink".

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Best/Favorite: PING

Worst: Apple. Not for their products, but for the fanbois who promote them.

Caseyguyrr
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Best: Sprint

Worst: Centurylink

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Good call on Ping. Though I will say that I've been very impressed with Mizuno since switching to them

I would also say that during my time in the business, Callaway was very, very easy to work with. Not sure if that's still the case.

Lumpy
11-22-2011, 11:46 AM
CenturyLink can kiss my ass! Those bastards keep calling my work and hanging up as soon as I pick up the phone. Not to mention, when my boss dropped them as our phone provider, they tried to screw him over... against his contract no less.

Cox can also kiss my ass! We are charged around $170/mo for phone, internet, and cable. Half the damn time our cable comes in scrambled. That is not cool. Especially when Gonzo, Jr. needs his Mickey or Thomas The Train fix.

US Bank should also be in line to kiss my ass! We were one day, (yes, ONE DAY), late on making a payment on something and those monkey-humpers had the balls to call us. They were "kind" enough to let us know they were charging us a late fee and cutting our available credit in half. Then, on another account, they cut our available credit in half because "we didn't meet certain criteria per our credit reports", (yet we have high credit scores and no delinquencies).

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Worst is WalMart. There is nothing good about that place.

They get good employees because they are guaranteed to not have to work on Sunday's

gblowfish
11-22-2011, 12:59 PM
All the Fox Sheeple are going to LOVE Chick Fil A because they give millions of dollars to right wing causes. If you're gay, or have friends that are gay, Chick-Fil-A doesn't want your business:

http://tinyurl.com/3m3ekp8

KC Companies I like as a consumer
Hy-Vee
Quik-Trip
Certified Transmission
North American Savings Bank

KC Companies that have pissed me (or my wife) off:
Target
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
Commerce Bank
Comcast
Jiffy Lube
Hen House

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
All the Fox Sheeple are going to LOVE Chick Fil A because they give millions of dollars to right wing causes. If you're gay, or have friends that are gay, Chick-Fil-A doesn't want your business:

http://tinyurl.com/3m3ekp8

Hy-Vee
Quik-Trip
Certified Transmission
North American Savings Bank

KC Companies that have pissed me (or my wife) off:
Target
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
Commerce Bank
Comcast
Jiffy Lube
Hen House

Once I saw the link went to the huffington post, I closed it...

gblowfish
11-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Once I saw the link went to the huffington post, I closed it...

I'll give you a few others then:
http://tinyurl.com/83pxrbm
http://tinyurl.com/698m27z
http://tinyurl.com/6dkq3lf

Of course, the NY Times, CNN and Time Magazine aren't fair and balanced....

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Piss on the tiny url's just post the links...

threebag02
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
FUCK bank of America.

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
**** bank of America.

I agree, they give unsecured credit cards to illegals

gblowfish
Piss on the tiny url's just post the links...

Why? Are you afraid you might see a link to a gay communist jihadist website?

3rd&48ers
Verizon can kiss my ass

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM

Dude, I am not interested in you left wing moonbat shit, Why don't you go back to your tent in the park.

gblowfish
11-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Dude, I am not interested in you left wing moonbat shit, Why don't you go back to your tent in the park.

Why don't you go enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner with the Phelps Family?

Omaha
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Good:

Prairie Life Fitness
Pinnacle Bank
Ektelon

Bad:

First National Bank
Sprint
Cox Communications

mnchiefsguy
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Love Chick-fil-a as well. Amazon.com has great service as well.

Hate Best Buy, not a big fan of the cable companies (doesn't matter which one, it seems every cable company I have ever had has had issues in the customer service department)

evenfall
11-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Nobody wants to click on links that are tinyed solely to obscure sources when most people find those sources ridiculous and would never click otherwise.

KCUnited
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
TripAdvisor

3rd&48ers
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Like- Most Local Stores
StraightTalk
Virgin Mobile

Dislike
Worst Buy
Wal-Mart (I do go to Walmart on occasion but I really think it's the most overrated nothing in the world)
Check Cashing stores & Payday advance (they take advantage of the poor)
Pay by the week rental places (Prey on the poor)
Verizon
Don't like Iphones or I anythings
Radio Shack sucks
Subway Sucks

Bearcat
11-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Positive: MicroCenter. I don't hate Best Buy, and sometimes I'll even find a pretty knowledgeable employee, but I've gone out of my way to stop by MicroCenter a few times.

Negative: Circuit City, when they were still around... not only were they not at all helpful the couple of times I went there, it seemed like such a major inconvenience for the employees to do anything but stand in small groups with other employees and chat.

Bob Dole
11-22-2011, 02:02 PM

Bob Dole made his first trip ever to an Apple store last Friday in Austin and had one of the best retail experiences in recent memory.

DJay23
11-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't know how many of you may have Geisinger health insurance, but my wife and I have to deal with them and Geisinger Medical Center all of the time and they are one of the most dispicable entities I've ever had the misfortune to cross paths with.

Discuss Thrower
11-22-2011, 02:08 PM
AT&T. Need I elaborate?

Bob Dole
11-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Quik-Trip

Amazing the difference it makes when you pay your employees roughly double the industry average.

Chester realized decades ago that convenience is a commodity and only has value if there isn't much of it. Unlike the rest of the c-store industry, he focused his company's efforts on being a good retailer. He didn't want his stores to be a place where people shopped as a last resort, but a store where people liked to do business. Bob Dole had a chance to spend a couple of hours chatting with him back in the late 1980's (and also work for him), and the guy was a brilliant merchant--not some corporate bean counter.

Saul Good
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I love QT and Hy-Vee. Should have mentioned them earlier.

Demonpenz
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Best:Sporting KC
Worst: Kansas City Chiefs.

ChiefFripp
11-22-2011, 08:29 PM
The main reason cable company's customer care sucks...

Most cable companies outsource their " customer care", department to third party companies like Convergys. Those companies require their agents to meet a sales quota which is the reason you usually get a sales pitch when you call in to troubleshoot an issue.

I worked for such a company not too long ago and the goal I had to meet was $1.15 per call. They don't grade you on the problems you solve for the customer, they grade you on average handle time(should be under 7 minutes), Revenue per call( should be above$ 1.50) and First call resolution( which means even if a customer calls back to congratulate you, it still counts against you).

Another thing that irritated me was the fact that transfers where counted against you. The reason they enforce this was because the company didn't want agents "dumping" difficult callers on another department. But let's say a customer calls in about their bill , you were supposed to ad lib and BS with them rather then transfer them to the proper department, which in turn would usually kill you on first call resolution. It was a weird balancing act which didn't help the customer at all in my honest opinion.

FAX
11-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Favorite company: Moonlite Bunny Ranch.

Least favorite company: Taser International, Inc.

FAX

CaliforniaChief
11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Favorite company: Moonlite Bunny Ranch.

Least favorite company: Taser International, Inc.

FAX

LMAO

Bwana
11-22-2011, 09:00 PM
This...
I've had nothing but bad luck with Enterprise. Their "sales associates" are failures in the game of life.

The others aren't much different, though. Crooked as hell and two-faced.

The people at the rent a car places hate me when I show up.

I spent years, looking at and buying cars, so I have inspected 10's of thousnds of cars in my life and see everything. I always make them give me the sheet and I mark down everything. I had a bad experience in Hawaii about 10 years ago, where the fuckstick rental agency tried to charge me for some damage that was on the vehicle, before I rented it.

I came out on top of that one, but I decided at that point in time, that was never going to happen again.

Dallas Chief
11-22-2011, 09:17 PM
From a Business Perspective-

Best- Sam's Club, Doubletree Hotels, Starwood Hotels, Panera, PF Changs, XNA Airport
Worst- Best Buy, BJ's Wholesale, RadioShack, American Airlines, MGM Hotels, DFW Airport

Personal-
Best- Chipotle, Costco, Trader Joe's, Babe's Chicken, Dallas Stars Hockey
Worst- Verizon FIOS, Toyota, Buffalo Wild Wings

Elwaysux
11-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Best: Country Club Bank, Nordstrom, AMX
Worst: Wells Fargo, Applebees, Walgreens

DJay23
11-23-2011, 07:03 AM
My wife and I call Applebee's "Crapplebee's" We had 3 visits in a row and 4 our of 5 where one of the two of us got the wrong order. We got tired of eating one at a time so no more.

kindra68
11-23-2011, 07:29 AM
My wife and I call Applebee's "Crapplebee's" We had 3 visits in a row and 4 our of 5 where one of the two of us got the wrong order. We got tired of eating one at a time so no more.

Last time I went to AppleBee’s for lunch I asked the waitress what the soup of the day was. And her answer? “I just had a baby so I don’t know, I’ll have to go ask the kitchen.”
I shit you not.

DJay23
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Last time I went to AppleBee’s for lunch I asked the waitress what the soup of the day was. And her answer? “I just had a baby so I don’t know, I’ll have to go ask the kitchen.”
I shit you not.

Ridiculous how much people in general much less the service industry rely on excuses.

The first time Applebee's messed up our order the manager gave us a coupon for a free dessert on our next visit. The next time the manager just came and apologized. The 3rd and 4th times the waitress just said sorry and again, made some excuse.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Best: Country Club Bank, Nordstrom, AMX
Worst: Wells Fargo, Applebees, Walgreens
Interesting that you mentioned Walgreens. While I don't like the way they have saturated the market and put many independent drugstores out of business, they do pack a lot into those little stores and I've been surprised what I can find in there when I'm in a pinch, and you can get in and out of them fairly quickly. I can't decide if I like them or hate them.

Earthbound
11-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Worst is unquestionably Bank of America. They are directly responsible for all evil and greed in the world.

Simply Red
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I almost perfectly echo what OTWP said.

Red Beans
11-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Outback Steakhouse

Overpriced.
Poor quality.
Annoying Aussie vioceover guy in the commercials.

Trevo_410
11-23-2011, 09:27 AM
worlds of fun is a PoFS. hate that place.

rageeumr
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Outback Steakhouse

Overpriced.
Poor quality.
Annoying Aussie vioceover guy in the commercials.

The one closest to me (153rdish and K-7) is run really, really well. The manager is always walking around talking to people (not in an annoying way) and making sure people are happy. My food took a long time one night and without me even complaining he came over, apologized and gave me a free dessert.

Red Beans
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
The one closest to me (153rdish and K-7) is run really, really well. The manager is always walking around talking to people (not in an annoying way) and making sure people are happy. My food took a long time one night and without me even complaining he came over, apologized and gave me a free dessert.

I think that makes a difference in a lot of cases, but I hate all those fucking food chains. I feel like I might as well go eat at Wendy's for a third of the price.

jidar
11-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Best:
Amazon:
Their customer support and just how well they meet consumer needs is awesome. I use
their Prime program so I get free 2 day shipping on everything and I also have subscriptions to consumables I need like my water filter. It just shows up at my door when it's time to change it, awesome.

Valve: Video game company that makes Steam for the PC. This service arguably saved PC gaming from a near death a few years back. There are great deals on there constantly as well.

Worst
AT&T: I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but AT&T doesn't just have the worst support for residential customers, it's the same way for other telcos. We've been working with them to install a new 800mbps circuit for over a year and it's been a nightmare. Nobody knows what anyone else is doing and noone wants to take charge and fix problems. Couple that with marginally skilled techs at best and it's a terrible experience.

Pushead2
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I never had a problem with AT&T or Bank Of America to be honest. I hated Chase with a passion though..

trndobrd
11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Like:
Aldi - Once you get the hang of shopping there, it's great
Cox Communication - excellent customer service
Shamrock Tire (Wichita) - Sent me away without doing work I was convinced I needed done after inspection revealed another, less costly, cause of problem.
Chipolte - good food, clean restaurant

Hate:
Best Buy - They need to hire people that know product, not extended warranty salespeople.
Sprint - Always double check the billing statement.
On The Border - Horrible food, even worse service
Jiffy Lube - Bad, Bad, people

mikeyis4dcats.
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Best Buy sucks. I just spent 18 minutes on the phone trying to explain to some retard that I wanted to pricemetch the video game I bought on Sunday because it is cheaper today.

gblowfish
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I've just had a really bad experience with Ink Grabber. I bought a set of replacement ink for an Epson printer. They were advertised as "Genuine Epson Refurbished." Not sure what that was supposed to mean, but they were "guaranteed to be just as good as New Epson ink." So I paid $65, took about four days to get them. This printer uses six inks. They have little chips on them to judge how much ink is left in each tank. The printer would not accept ANY of the inks. It kept saying each was empty, replace. I fooled around with the printer for about two hours trying to get this ink to work. Finally went up to Best Buy, bought the real stuff (cost about $15 more) and the printer was up and running perfectly in about five minutes. So I get an RMA to send the bad ink back, they said they'd give me a full refund on my credit card. Get the credit card statement today, they shorted the refund by $10. I called to ask why. "Shipping and handling is not part of the refund, Mr. Blowfish." I said "I paid you for a product, it was defective, I want ALL of my money back." It took two times being put on hold for about 10 minutes, and two levels of supervisors to get them to grudgingly refund the last ten bucks. Assholes. Just think, if they do that on 100 returns a month, that's an extra grand to the bottom line. Crappy way to do business.

rageeumr
11-23-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll jump on the Time Warner bandwagon of suck after today.

My work had a God-awful contract with Birch that expired on Monday. We decided to go with Time Warner Business Class. They pushed off our installation twice (once without notifying me), blaming Birch for having incorrect records that didn't allow them to properly port our phone #'s.

So after those 2 delays, the installer shows up today. He gets everything installed, and I'm getting ready to switch our phone system over to our new numbers when he gets a phone call saying the porting of our phone numbers won't happen until December 2. WTF! I call Birch and they tell me that TWC never submitted a request to port the numbers.

PunkinDrublic
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Like: Fryes electronics. Customer service has always been great in my experience. Bought my laptop with them and there techs were good about getting it fixed fast. They might be a little more expensive, but they are so far and above the rest of the other electronics retailers, I'm suprised they haven't put the other relics out of business. Great store for just browsing the latest and greatest.

Can't stand: Best Buy. Can't stand the customer service. You can't walk in to one without the salespeople hasseling you 5 to 6 times if they can help you find something. Really just don't like the store layout either.

Halfcan
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Best: Novella's Bistro

Worst: Sprint, Ticket Master, Rolling Stone Mag. Rock and Roll Hall of Shame

Spott
11-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Best:
Amazon:
Their customer support and just how well they meet consumer needs is awesome. I use
their Prime program so I get free 2 day shipping on everything and I also have subscriptions to consumables I need like my water filter. It just shows up at my door when it's time to change it, awesome.

Valve: Video game company that makes Steam for the PC. This service arguably saved PC gaming from a near death a few years back. There are great deals on there constantly as well.

Worst
AT&T: I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but AT&T doesn't just have the worst support for residential customers, it's the same way for other telcos. We've been working with them to install a new 800mbps circuit for over a year and it's been a nightmare. Nobody knows what anyone else is doing and noone wants to take charge and fix problems. Couple that with marginally skilled techs at best and it's a terrible experience.

Part of that is because they have been laying off all of their techs for years and decided to use either contractors or noone at all to perform this work. They don't give a shit about their customers and they treat their employees just as bad.

Zeke
11-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Best: USAA, if you ever get the opportunity to bank with them, take it... even if you don't intend to use them immediately, because you may not get another chance. They are easily the best bank I have ever had.. Amazing rates (insurance, loans, etc)... their online banking is fabulous and by god the customer service is amazing.

Have to throw Chipotle in as well, they are great... they have figured out their nitch and perfected it. Great service, good food. Clean place.

Worst: Bank of America, ya. Don't even need to go into it. They are horrible and that's being kind.

Time Warner Cable.. they don't give a rats ass about their customers. You're just a number. You leave, your problems leave in their mind.

Gary
11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Companies I can't wait to tell "Go f**k yourself" to: SPRINT

Wife & I got Samsung Epic 4G phones last xmas (paid $500 for both on two year commitment). Her 1st one was master reset once for problem they couldn't fix. Since then, they have had to replace her phone twice for problems they couldn't fix. My phone has been master reset once for problem they couldn't fix. Add billing mistakes almost monthly, the phone freezes up all the time and has to be re-started, & my wife and I can stand side by side with our phones on...one of us will have 4-6 bars and the other will be roaming. They gave us a $125 credit for all our troubles but never applied it to our account, so my wife called in the next month to complain. They double applied the credit then added two years to our contract and tried to say we agreed to it. When we demanded they take the extra two years off, they took back the credit. We asked to be upgraded to different phones that didn't have so many phones. They offered phones that had half the functionality the Epic 4G has. Outside of the backhanded offers of crappy phones, they told us to pound sand.

KChiefer
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Worst: Corsair. I will never, never purchase their products again. They ripped me off and I'll rip them any chance I get.

Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Their owner is a coward who hunts exotic animals for sport. He threatened to move his company to Florida when Illinois raised its taxes (way to stand by the community that made you). He got a front page spread for donating money to build a YMCA (in the affluent side of town, wtf?) even though the article itself stated he was only the third highest donor.

3rd&48ers
11-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Companies I can't wait to tell "Go f**k yourself" to: SPRINT

Wife & I got Samsung Epic 4G phones last xmas (paid $500 for both on two year commitment). Her 1st one was master reset once for problem they couldn't fix. Since then, they have had to replace her phone twice for problems they couldn't fix. My phone has been master reset once for problem they couldn't fix. Add billing mistakes almost monthly, the phone freezes up all the time and has to be re-started, & my wife and I can stand side by side with our phones on...one of us will have 4-6 bars and the other will be roaming. They gave us a $125 credit for all our troubles but never applied it to our account, so my wife called in the next month to complain. They double applied the credit then added two years to our contract and tried to say we agreed to it. When we demanded they take the extra two years off, they took back the credit. We asked to be upgraded to different phones that didn't have so many phones. They offered phones that had half the functionality the Epic 4G has. Outside of the backhanded offers of crappy phones, they told us to pound sand.

I understand, this is why I harp on not signing cell phone contracts because you can't fire their ass when they suck until the contract is up or pay a ridiculous termination fee

Bump
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Worst:
1. any hospital, all they do is bankrupt people and charge $500 for an aspirin while getting mad rich.
2. Wal-mart, perfect example of corporate greed and how it can ruin this country. Their store's are filled with the most retarded people on earth.
3. Gamestop, never good service, never go there on release day for a popular game or you will spend hours in line. Forcing employees to offer me all this BS I don't want like most corporate retail stores. $5 off for a used game? come on
4. Best Buy, no I don't want your stupid warranty.
5. Howard Johnson hotels, they completely ruined a vacation for me and threatened to kick me out if I kept complaining about the 7am check out time for my last day even though my print out said noon. Never heard back from the corporate office either.
6. Hotels.com, for telling me that howard johnson had a noon checkout time and it was fucking 7am.
7. Nebraska Furniture Mart- they pay employees well, but the only thing that matters is extended warranties and monster cables, you are forced to ram that down each and every customers throat, I hated working there and if you get caught even saying a quick "hello" to a co-worker, you're gonna get yelled at because of their stupid policy, plus the late lady's son is a complete, silver spoon fucking prick and Warren Buffet shouldn't have left him in charge. The other son, who is obviously gay, was nice though.

Best:

I only focus on negatives, so I don't know.

3rd&48ers
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks bump now go back to your tent

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I only focus on negatives, so I don't know.
That's not a very healthy way to live.

Bwana
11-25-2011, 07:11 PM
A new leader in the "Least" category.

FTD Flowers

So the mail shows up today and there was a letter from United Airlines.

Dear Mr. Bwana, your frequent flyer points are about to expire and it's use it, or lose it time. When I fly, I primarily fly either Delta, or Continental. There were just a couple of flights I took on United, which resulted in the FF miles.

In any event, I go to their web page and start to look at the various crap they have and I didn't need any of it. I only had 12k miles, so it wasn't like I could pull the trigger on a new big screen TV, and hang it out in the Many Cave.

As I'm paging through the various pages of crap, I come across the FTD logo. I click on that and see they have several nice looking flower arrangements. I'm thinking, there you have it! If I buy my wife a monster arrangement, I will burn a lot of the points and it will make her happy.....win!

I picked out a huge display, placed the order and went on with my business. I got an email about an hour later stating that the order was confirmed, for a today delivery. 5:15 rolls around and no flowers had graced my door. I called the 1-800 FTD number to find out what the hell was going on.

I had about a 5 minute wait and some old hide gets on the line. I could only understand about every third word she was saying. I thought I had reached the FTD, China branch.

I explained to this old hide that nothing had been delivered and wanted to know why. There were numerous long pauses and I could tell I was getting a song and dance. I hit about a 4 on the pissed off scale at this point. I told her, hey, lets cut through the bullshit here, where are the flowers? She said something about how the flowers wouldn't be delivered today. I said, why not, what's the problem? More long pauses. I said, look lady, all I want is a straight answer here, WHAT HAPPENED?

From what I understood and I'm still not sure about half of what she said, the local buys didn't have the flowers in stock. She said she could call and have something else made. I said what might that be, her reply, "I don't know." At this point, I hit about a 7 on the pissed off scale.

I told her I wanted to talk with her supervisor. I'm on hold for another 5 minutes and some dude get on the line. This guy also sounded like he was fresh off the boat from China. I could now understand every other word. The guy tells me he can have them delivered Tuesday. I explained that no one was going to be around Tuesday and I wanted them tomorrow. (I felt like I had been passed onto "Peggy" from the credit card commercial.)

I then asked him which flower shop was making the flower arrangement. He tells me that he can't give me that information. I said why the hell not? He said "for security reasons?" I hit 9 on the pissed off scale. I told him "security reasons, what the **** does that mean? Are there a bunch of people out there preforming terrorist acts on floral shops? What kind of a rat soup, Mickey mouse, fly by night, chicken shit outfit are you running down there!?"

After a long pause I said hello? He says yes, still here.

I told him that the arrangement that show's up, damn well better look like what I had looked at on-line, because I'm just getting warmed up here.

We shall see what, if anything shows up tomorrow. Bottom line, **** FTD and the no English speaking douche bags that run that outfit.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
prepare for disappointment - FTD uses local flower shops who use the pictured display as a guide. It is actually put together using currently available species and in a manner only consistent with the overall pictured arrangement.

threebag02
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
prepare for disappointment - FTD uses local flower shops who use the pictured display as a guide. It is actually put together using currently available species and in a manner only consistent with the overall pictured arrangement.By a Chinese girl named Hellen Keller.

Fank Roo Wary Mush