PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF Grades the Chiefs, Week 11

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
1. OL played pretty decent after last week's debacle. Oh, Richardson still gave up 2 sacks, though. Only 4 players in the NFL have allowed more pressure than Richardson this year.

2. Rodney Hudson played 30 snaps and scored a 0.9 in pass blocking, -1.0 in run blocking.

3. Jake O'Connell somehow managed a -2.0 in only 27 snaps. Like I said with McGraw last week, that's really hard to do.

4. Hamas likes to call O'Connell the worst player in the NFL. I dunno about that but Pope is the third-worst ranked TE at -15.7. Most of that is due to his horrendous run blocking. He also has committed a whopping seven penalties this year. The most in the league.

5. Tyler Palko's QB rating dropped 70 points when he was under pressure. 4-10, 2 INT, 3 sacks.

6. Tyson Jackson got owned pretty bad last night, and played his worst game of the year.

7. Allen Bailey had his best game of the year. I dunno why he only got 13 snaps, but he had a 2.1 with 2 QB pressures in just 10 rushes.

8. Donald Washington was up to his old tricks with 64 snaps and a -3.5 with 2 missed tackles. Great pick by Pioli.

9. Powe played 9 snaps at...DE? I haven't looked at the game again, but was he lining up outside? He had a 0.5 in run D.

10. Waters had another good game for the Patriots last night. He hasn't graded in the red once this year. He's the 2nd-ranked RG in football. We cut the wrong guard.

Caseyguyrr
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
nice to know barry richardson is holding up the blind side

Munson
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
1. OL played pretty decent after last week's debacle. Oh, Richardson still gave up 2 sacks, though. Only 4 players in the NFL have allowed more pressure than Richardson this year.

3. Jake O'Connell somehow managed a -2.0 in only 27 snaps. Like I said with McGraw last week, that's really hard to do.

4. Hamas likes to call O'Connell the worst player in the NFL. I dunno about that but Pope is the third-worst ranked TE at -15.7. Most of that is due to his horrendous run blocking. He also has committed a whopping seven penalties this year. The most in the league.

Great. We have the worst RT and TE's in the league.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM

And safeties.

Sabby Shitselly and Donald Washington are really, really bad. In every way. They do nothing well.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
8. Donald Washington was up to his old tricks with 64 snaps and a -3.5 with 2 missed tackles. Great pick by Pioli.

I know if I was going to bitch about someone's picks, it would be a fourth round player who was considered an elite athlete, boom/bust, developmental player, in a year in which he had zero scouting support.

lcarus
11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I agree, we should have just let Waters retire a Chief. Same thing we did with Tony Richardson. He has some stuff left in his tank.

scho63
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
How did Amon Gordon rate last night? he seemed to be a small bright spot among a lot of dog crap.

Pestilence
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Brian Waters played like shit the last couple of years he was here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
4. Hamas likes to call O'Connell the worst player in the NFL.

That's because he is.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I know if I was going to bitch about someone's picks, it would be a fourth round player who was considered an elite athlete, boom/bust, developmental player, in a year in which he had zero scouting support.

Pioli's picks after the third round, besides Kendrick Lewis and Ryan Succop, have been a huge bag of shit so far.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
So, outside of 2009, which is a year in which he didn't have a scouting staff, practically:

2010:
5th:
Kendrick Lewis
Starting calibur safety
Cameron Sheffield
Jury is still out
2011:
4th:
Jalil Brown (CB) Colorado
Jury is still out
5th: Ricky Stanzi (QB) Iowa
Jury is still out
5th: Gabe Miller (OLB) Oregon St
Jury is still out
6th: Jerrell Powe (DT) Ole Miss
Jury is still out
7th: Shane Bannon (RB) Yale
Who Really Cares?

your idiocy knows no bounds.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
LOL...I love how everyone gives Pioli a free pass for 2009.

"jury still out" is a cop out. These guys aren't even contributing. That's not too much to ask. Especially from Cameron Sheffield.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:20 PM

"jury still out" is a cop out. These guys aren't even contributing. That's not too much to ask. Especially from Cameron Sheffield.

I know if I had expectations, it would be from the guy who broke his neck in 2010. You are such a fucking idiot. How do you live with yourself?

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I know if I had expectations, it would be from the guy who broke his neck in 2010.

Sheffield is healthy. He was flashing in preseason, now he can't even get snaps. He's just not very good. Like a lot of Pioli's draft picks.

Continue to defend these clowns. They have built a house out of balsa wood.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Sheffield is healthy. He was flashing in preseason, now he can't even get snaps. He's just not very good. Like a lot of Pioli's draft picks.

Continue to defend these clowns. They have built a house out of balsa wood.

I would love to know how many picks are "contributing" drafted in round 4-7 of the NFL draft. The only clown here is you.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:29 PM
I would love to know how many picks are "contributing" drafted in round 4-7 of the NFL draft. The only clown here is you.

It says a lot about Pioli that outside Kendrick Lewis, his late-round picks are basically wasted picks.

That's not good drafting.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
It says a lot about Pioli that outside Kendrick Lewis, his late-round picks are basically wasted picks.

That's not good drafting.

You cannot lay 2009 at Pioli's feet, which you would know if you actually did any research at all about this team.

In 2010 he had Kendrick Lewis and Cameron Sheffield. 50% is pretty good in the 5th round if you consider the book closed on Sheffield.

In 2011, virtually none of the round 4-7 draft picks have contributed thusfar outside of like, Helu, who was forced in due to injuries.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:35 PM
You cannot lay 2009 at Pioli's feet.

ROFL

OK.

Can't wait til he's fired.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
ROFL

OK.

Can't wait til he's fired.

I can't wait til you pull your usual flip flop. Do some research. Read some books. Knowledge is power and you have none.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I can't wait til you pull your usual flip flop.

LMAO

When will that happen? This team isn't going to be a winning team anytime soon.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:41 PM
LMAO

When will that happen? This team isn't going to be a winning team anytime soon.

Whatever you say goatboy. I hope you are prepared to choke on your words.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Whatever you say goatboy. I hope you are prepared to choke on your words.

Cassel fan, are you?

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Cassel fan, are you?

I am probably the biggest Cassel hater on this board.

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I am probably the biggest Cassel hater on this board.

He will be our starter next year thanks to Pioli.

Nightfyre
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
He will be our starter next year thanks to Pioli.

Cassel didn't travel with the team this week. I'm confident he is out.

Chiefnj2
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM

He was GM. He collected a paycheck. He doesn't get a pass.

Oregon chief
11-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I really like what I've seen from Bailey although limited.

Okie_Apparition
11-22-2011, 06:56 PM
How is this for sadness
Palko was the 27th rated QB
I doubt 5 teams were on byes & the other 27 only played 1 QB

Caseyguyrr
11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
this team is driving me crazy, we suck at everything and are writing the book on how to get blown out in the nfl

Count Zarth
11-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Dwayne Bowe … elite receiver?

It doesn’t matter who’s throwing him the ball, Dwayne Bowe (+1.1), keeps making plays. Against the Patriots he registered seven receptions on nine targets for 87 yards, beating all three of Patriot corners for at least one catch. His reception with the game still close at 13:50 in the second quarter typifies Bowe’s strengths as he adjusted to a back shoulder fade for a big gain down the right side line. He’s becoming quite the deep threat with 18 of his 80 targets and 200 of his 750 yards coming on passes more than 20 yards downfield. Bowe is also ninth in our Yards per Pass Route rankings with a mark of 2.25.

Problems at tightend

You have to feel sorry for the Chiefs because of Tony Moeki’s injury, but their backups are about as big of a downgrade as is possible. Starter Leonard Pope (-2.5) had particular trouble in the run game (-1.3) as well as dropping one of his four targets. To make matters worse he had a key holding penalty after a long run by Thomas Jones when the Chiefs were approaching the red zone. Jake O’Connell (-2.0 in 27 snaps) was better in the passing game but clearly cannot be trusted in pass protection. He allowed a sack and pressure on just the seven occasions he was given that responsibility.

A two down linebacker

Jovan Belcher (-2.1) is about what you’d expect of a two down linebacker. He struggled in his 14 plays in coverage (-2.8) but was solid on his 33 plays against the run (+1.0). The play that typifies his struggles in coverage is Rob Gronkowski’s first touchdown. Romeo Crennel called a zone coverage but Belcher was distracted by a play action fake which caused him to get insufficient depth. Brady was therefore able to loft a ball over his head to the wide open TE. Overall he allowed both targets against him to be complete for 77 yards and the aforementioned TD. Belcher was better in the run game, making a trio of tackles for short gains.

New England – Three Performances of Note

A game with added importance

Brian Waters (+1.8) continued what has been a great season against the team he spent 11 seasons with. Perhaps he was subtly explaining to the organisation how they released him too soon as he gave Chiefs’ linemen numerous problems. Waters graded positively in all facets of the game demonstrating the consistency that is so important for offensive lineman. Although he didn’t make any highlight blocks in the ground game, he only allowed a solitary pressure when Brady dropped back to pass. Waters now ranks fifth overall amongst guards and third in Pass Blocking Efficiency (98.4) having given up just eight combined pressures.

When state lie – Andre Carter

Andre Carter (+2.7) has been a great pickup for the Patriots but he’s had a couple of games now where the numbers have been misleading. Against the Chiefs he combined for a sack, two hits and two pressures but those plays were only graded at +1.5. Carter was unblocked on his two pressures and his sack and two hits predominantly came because Palko held the ball too long. What will probably go unnoticed is his work in the run game (+2.7) which was far more impressive. He made four stops from five tackles. He made play after play at or behind the line of scrimmage with two tackles for a loss and two after short gains.

When stats lie – Kyle Arrington

Kyle Arrington (+0.6) added a couple of interceptions to his league leading total, but he was actually only average in coverage (+0.1). Both his picks came on tipped balls with the first, at 2.12 in the second, after Steve Breaston dropped a pass that was slightly behind him. Overall he allowed three of six targets to be complete for 51 yards and had particular trouble with Bowe. Arrington had particular trouble with the Kansas City receiver when he was able to beat him on a post route with 13:22 left in the game.

Game notes

- Only Derrick Johnson played every snap on defense for the Chiefs

- Kansas City mixed eight tackles, New England missed just three

- Carter played every Patriot defensive snap (70) while Vince Wilfork missed just seven (63)

PFF Game Ball

Patriots’ cornerback Philip Adams – allowed just one of three targets to be complete for 7 yards and had an interception

rtmike
11-23-2011, 01:12 AM
You cannot lay 2009 at Pioli's feet, which you would know if you actually did any research at all about this team.

Why? If there's one draft that's all on him it's the 2009.

Nightfyre
11-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Why? If there's one draft that's all on him it's the 2009.

With zero scouting support, how do you expect him to perform? The chiefs lame duck scouts didn't do their job, ergo you get a shitty draft. This is documented in Michael Holley's most recent novel.

BryanBusby
11-23-2011, 02:14 AM
With zero scouting support, how do you expect him to perform? The chiefs lame duck scouts didn't do their job, ergo you get a shitty draft. This is documented in Michael Holley's most recent novel.

It doesn't take a scouting report to determine drafting Tyson fucking Jackson #3 overall was a downright retarded idea.

Nightfyre
11-23-2011, 02:18 AM
It doesn't take a scouting report to determine drafting Tyson ****ing Jackson #3 overall was a downright retarded idea.

Not really. 2009 is probably the weakest draft class in history. Realistically, there were maybe, what five better picks after him in all of the first round in retrospect?

Raji, Orakpo, Maclin, Matthews and Nicks?

LOCOChief
11-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Pope is the third-worst ranked TE at -15.7. Most of that is due to his horrendous run blocking. He also has committed a whopping seven penalties this year. The most in the league.

Pope is the dumbest motherfucker that to ever strap on a helmet and I get pissed everytime I see him on the field, it wouldn't matter if he had on street clothes he's a turd posing as a football player.

aturnis
11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Not really. 2009 is probably the weakest draft class in history. Realistically, there were maybe, what five better picks after him in all of the first round in retrospect?

Raji, Orakpo, Maclin, Matthews and Nicks?

QFT. As it was, Raji was the only guy who would have warranted the pick at the time, and he had questions about fitness and work ethic.

OzarksChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Am I the only one who has noticed how terrible Kendrick Lewis is? The guy can't tackle he never wraps up and seldom gets over the top in time on Cover 2 defenses. Here is my list of who needs to go on the Chiefs.

1.Cassel (Has shown he is not an NFL starter)

2.Weigman(Age and inability to stop bull rushers)

3.Lewis( Can't tackle and would never remind you of a punter turned saftey "Deron")

4.Lilja (Also too small for today's interior lineman)

5.Haley(Horizontal offense does not work in the pros)

6.Jones(time for a youngster)

7.Copper(a receiver needs to play more than special teams)

In general I think the biggest need is an upgrade at the QB position. As bad as Richardson has been he is still relatively young and OL takes a while to develop.

The offensive line doesn't look nearly as offensive when a QB with quick release is piloting the ship.

It is very apparent from the play calling that Haley plays not to lose the game early which contributes to the offenses lack of cohesion.

When the offense is on the field they should be trying to score everytime.

Tyson Jackson is too slow to play end. I admit he has improved since his rookie season(a disaster) but he is just too slow for an end.

Tom Brady would win 13 games with this team even with a tough schedule.(hence the call for the QB change).

Stanzi has a gun they should find out if he has bullets in the coming weeks. Forget Cowher or Fisher they are not coming here but don't hire a guy who has to learn on the job. Don't bring in a golfer or former Tennis pro to

coach this team. Honestly what were you thinking Pioli?

notorious
11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't know what anyone sees in Belcher.

He pisses me off as much as our safeties do.

FAX
11-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Belcher has shown flashes of being a solid thumper. He's being asked to do things that are not in his repertoire of skills.

The main problem with the defense is that we have a bunch of 4-3 guys playing in a 3-4. We've had to teach linebackers what the word "cover" means and our safeties are currently mostly a bunch of car wash attendants in pads.

Another season from hell.

FAX

HemiEd
11-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Brian Waters played like shit the last couple of years he was here.

Exactly, someone has to always remind these guys when they mention he shouldn't have been cut.

"Its ok to play like shit, you might go somewhere else and develop a better attitude, so we are keeping your ass right here."

HemiEd
11-23-2011, 08:15 AM
QFT. As it was, Raji was the only guy who would have warranted the pick at the time, and he had questions about fitness and work ethical.

You wouldn't go back and take Mathews at #3?

I would, and throw in an additional pick to be named later.

Count Zarth
11-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Belcher is pretty much your standard 3-4 ILB. Good against the run, dogshit against the pass.

aturnis
11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
You wouldn't go back and take Mathews at #3?

I would, and throw in an additional pick to be named later.

At the time genius.

whoman69
11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed how terrible Kendrick Lewis is? The guy can't tackle he never wraps up and seldom gets over the top in time on Cover 2 defenses. Here is my list of who needs to go on the Chiefs.

1.Cassel (Has shown he is not an NFL starter)

2.Weigman(Age and inability to stop bull rushers)

3.Lewis( Can't tackle and would never remind you of a punter turned saftey "Deron")

4.Lilja (Also too small for today's interior lineman)

5.Haley(Horizontal offense does not work in the pros)

6.Jones(time for a youngster)

7.Copper(a receiver needs to play more than special teams)

In general I think the biggest need is an upgrade at the QB position. As bad as Richardson has been he is still relatively young and OL takes a while to develop.

The offensive line doesn't look nearly as offensive when a QB with quick release is piloting the ship.

It is very apparent from the play calling that Haley plays not to lose the game early which contributes to the offenses lack of cohesion.

When the offense is on the field they should be trying to score everytime.

Tyson Jackson is too slow to play end. I admit he has improved since his rookie season(a disaster) but he is just too slow for an end.

Tom Brady would win 13 games with this team even with a tough schedule.(hence the call for the QB change).

Stanzi has a gun they should find out if he has bullets in the coming weeks. Forget Cowher or Fisher they are not coming here but don't hire a guy who has to learn on the job. Don't bring in a golfer or former Tennis pro to

coach this team. Honestly what were you thinking Pioli?

You have a much smaller list of who must go than I do. For Copper, the answer is no, a receiver does not need to do more than special teams if you carry 5 receivers, especially if your TE can play in the slot in an empty backfield.

scott free
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed how terrible Kendrick Lewis is? The guy can't tackle he never wraps up and seldom gets over the top in time on Cover 2 defenses.

Basically, he's Jarrad Page.

Not real fast, not good in run support & the only thing to recommend him is an occasional knack for picks. Berry did a lot to cover his weaknesses last year.

bevischief
11-24-2011, 01:34 PM

No shit Shurlock.

Count Zarth
11-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Not real fast, not good in run support & the only thing to recommend him is an occasional knack for picks. Berry did a lot to cover his weaknesses last year.

I think he's a lot faster and more athletic than Page.

Page was terribly slow.

scott free
11-24-2011, 01:47 PM
I think he's a lot faster and more athletic than Page.

Page was terribly slow.

I guess i can agree with that, should've stuck to 'not physical enough, terrible tackler'.

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 02:24 PM

I think you guys are selling short what he does.

He's a lot smarter than Page. He's making a lot of the defensive calls, and even absent a pass rush, our secondary is still managing decent coverage. He's a very good complement to Berry and will only get better. He's not going to be a world-beater, but you're not going to build an entire roster of those guys.