PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs get Orton

Pages : [1] 2 3

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

The Chiefs claimed former Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton on waivers today, according to an NFL source.

Von Dumbass
11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
ROFL

KCrockaholic
Solid #2 for next year

rico
You have got to be $hitting me.

KC Tattoo
11-23-2011, 02:11 PM
:Lin:

Three7s
Wow, really?

memyselfI
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I can't believe it. People around here thought he was such a joke before. It will be fun to see how the tune changes. :popcorn:

DaWolf
Orton's not happy...

PhillyChiefFan
This season just keeps getting better and better...

DaWolf
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I can't believe it. People around here thought he was such a joke before. It will be fun to see how the tune changes. :popcorn:

I think he'll prove to be as inadequate as Cassel...

Pestilence
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Shutup cunt.

keg in kc
I don't like Orton, but when all you have is Tyler Palko and Ricky Stanzi, I think it makes some sense to add a veteran that's played in the league before.

BourbonMan
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
This is bullshit...Orton already has said, if the chiefs pick him up..he won't play.

DJ's left nut
This is bullshit...Orton already has said, if the chiefs pick him up..he won't play.

Really? Haven't seen that. Is there a link in the other Orton thread?

Three7s
I don't like Orton, but when all you have is Tyler Palko and Ricky Stanzi, I think it makes some sense to add a veteran that's played in the league before.
Still changes nothing though. Orton is even worse than Cassel. It just means we'll lose slightly less embarrassingly than with Palko.

Chris Meck
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Orton's a mediocre starter but a fine back-up. I don't see how, given our current situation, that anyone could say this is a bad pick-up.

I still say we should start the kid regardless.

siberian khatru
So much for Barkley or RGIII or ...

memyselfI
Orton's not happy...

He was known as a heartless bitch before. Will be interesting to see how much he puts it out on the line for some place he did not want to be.

Oh wait, we saw that in Denver already this season.

Mr_Tomahawk
"Yes Josh...we have BOTH Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton...COME ON OVER!!"

http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/joshmcdaniels4.jpg

DaWolf
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM

Orton's a pro, I think that was just a threat by his agent to get him to land in Chicago. He'll probably report, if for nothing else than to showcase himself for a contract next year. Not reporting will cost him a job and money...

jcroft
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't lie Orton much, but I do like this move. I feel like Orton is roughly equal to Cassel. That's not great, but it's certainly better than Palko. And next year, if the Chiefs decide to part ways with Cassel (fingers crossed), Orton will be a solid vet backup/mentor that comes at a much cheaper price than Cassel.

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
"Yes Josh...we have BOTH Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton...COME ON OVER!!"

http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/joshmcdaniels4.jpg

this is scary to think about

Lonewolf Ed
Why?? This team will finish 6-10 if a miracle happens! Let's not try to develop Stanzi, no, let's sign a mediocre veteran and shoot for 7-9! Oooh, 7-9, what a season that would be... :banghead:

Orton won't be a back up here next season. He'll be a starter if Cassel is not.

Damn. Just... damn.

DaFace
So much for Barkley or RGIII or ...

I really don't understand this continued argument. If we extend him for next year, you'll have a point. As it is, this doesn't make any difference in the draft.

DJ's left nut

Ah, found a link citing Clayton:

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/status/139392062150815744

Eh, fuck him. He'll get a chance to throw to some pretty good WRs and build his stock up a hell of a lot more than he would have in Denver. Maybe he shouldn't have insisted on a re-structured contract and that Miami deal could've gone through.

Beggers can't be choosers, Kyle. We need the help at QB to see what we have on this team. Dunno what to tell ya, sport.

keg in kc
Still changes nothing though. Orton is even worse than Cassel. It just means we'll lose slightly less embarrassingly than with Palko.Which is not a bad thing at this point, in my opinion. I don't usually fall into the "lose for draft pick" position. This year, however...

siberian khatru
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I really don't understand this continued argument. If we extend him for next year, you'll have a point. As it is, this doesn't make any difference in the draft.

I worry that he'll start and win a game or two and screw us out of draft position.

Reaper16
11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Orton might be good enough to take us out of contention to draft a QB in the 1st round. Well, to draft Barkley anyway.

BigRichard
11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
This will be a classic thread I believe.

58kcfan89
11-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Eh, fuck him. He'll get a chance to throw to some pretty good WRs and build his stock up a hell of a lot more than he would have in Denver. Maybe he shouldn't have insisted on a re-structured contract and that Miami deal could've gone through.

Beggers can't be choosers, Kyle. We need the help at QB to see what we have on this team. Dunno what to tell ya, sport.

Eh, I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to play for this shittastic franchise, despite all the good WRs.

And I'm going to keep calling him "King Neckbeard."

lcarus
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Christ...

SNR
If this is the move that prevents us from drafting a QB in the first round, I swear to God, I will murder Pioli

BourbonMan

Eh, **** him. He'll get a chance to throw to some pretty good WRs and build his stock up a hell of a lot more than he would have in Denver. Maybe he shouldn't have insisted on a re-structured contract and that Miami deal could've gone through.

Thanks DJ...I was going to post the link and u already found it.

OnTheWarpath58
Orton might be good enough to take us out of contention to draft a QB in the 1st round. Well, to draft Barkley anyway.

From yesterday in the other Orton thread:

We're going to pick him up, and end up winning a game we shouldn't/wouldn't have, and come April someone will trade up to the spot we would have been to take Barkley.

We proceed to take the best available RT or 5-tech with the pick.

DaWolf
11-23-2011, 02:21 PM
I worry that he'll start and win a game or two and screw us out of draft position.

He can actually throw a forward pass and he won three less games than Tebow. He won't make much of a difference for us. I highly doubt he's gonna start this week...

BourbonMan
If this is the move that prevents us from drafting a QB in the first round, I swear to God, I will murder Pioli

I'm with you on that.

DaFace

My position on that shit has never changed, but that's just me. It's stupid (and not much fun) to root for your team to suck. Period.

durtyrute
http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/132066526016.jpg

DJ's left nut
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM

Agreed.

I mean hell, worst case scenario is he somehow makes the difference in a couple of games and we win maybe 2 more than we would have. So maybe we'd move down around 6-8 spots in the draft order. At that point we'd probably have to trade up to get a guy (or give up more for a trade up we'd have done anyway). On balance, it costs us maybe a 3rd rounder more than it would have.

I'm willing to go ahead and give up an extra pick or something if it means this team actually playing football with a decent quarterback for several weeks so we'll know for certain where/how we'll need to improve next year.

Guys - 'punting' 6 games costs us massive developmental time, not to mention a significant amount of review and analysis. We can gain a lot of knowledge over these 6 games if the team is committed to doing so.

Would I rather see Stanzi? Yup, but the staff isn't going to go that route. So this is an acceptable alternative, IMO. He's also a guy that would absolutely be a viable option for a year or two while we groom a young QB, especially a project like RGIII.

dirk digler
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM

I will help you. You get the head though

Guru
11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
JFC. this organization will NEVER learn.

Rain Man
11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't seen him much, but I hear a lot of good things about Orton.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7840342&highlight=orton#post7840342

Orton looked like Tom Brady. And that isn't just some homer talk. He played awesome tonight. Tebow isn't at Orton's level right now.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7248544&highlight=orton#post7248544

Jay Cutler has been carried by that defense this year. In those wins he has only thrown for more than 250 yards twice. They would be 11-1 with Kyle Orton.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7109855&highlight=orton#post7109855

Orton should be in the top 10. No doubt about it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7058378&highlight=orton#post7058378

In NFL history, only K. Warner (2000 season) has thrown for more passing yds than Broncos QB Kyle Orton (1419 yds) thru 4 games

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7003833&highlight=orton#post7003833

I mean like a top 10 QB.

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Rivers
6. Favre
7. Schaub
8. Romo
9. Rapelisburger
10. Orton

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7003808&highlight=orton#post7003808

Not with the way Kyle Orton is playing. Denver will have the best QB on the field 85% of the time this year, that alone will carry us to wins.

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
We're cursed.

We'll never have a QB we can actually call our own.

:(

FringeNC
Pioli picked him up so McDaniels could chose between Cassel and Orton next year.

MoreLemonPledge
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/lorincej/KyleOrton.gif

DMAC
11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I hate this team. ROFL

DJ's left nut
From yesterday in the other Orton thread:

If Pioli is committed to getting a new QB, he'll pay what it takes to move up for Barkley or whomever else he likes.

The best way to get him to commit to the new QB would be for a guy like Orton to come in and establish that it truly was a Cassel problem and not a line problem or a weapons problem or a coaching problem, blah blah blah.

Orton does nothing to preclude a 1st round QB, he may just make one slightly more expensive. In the process, he could also effectively slam the book shut on the Cassel era by playing quality football.

Pestilence
- It's not a guarantee that Orton is even going to report.
- Even if he does.....he won't be starting for at least one more game.
- If the FO doesn't draft a QB because they claimed Orton....then they never planned on it in the first place.

Valiant

No it does not. We are not going to the playoffs wth this team if we have rodgers qbing us this year.

The smart thing would of been to open the books to what stanzi wants to do and let him sling it to ourwrs. Give him an audition to compete for next year, then draft a starter and let them battle it out.

Orton wouldhave to win out and us get the playoffs for this to be worth it. But that solvs what? No way we win a playoff game with crennel and muir. They would get outcoached. Then add the fact orton would have to cheerlead the d players to not break all the time.

I mean playing our young guys for experience in a lostseason is dumb I guess. Would suck for them to get that and then add our injured players from this year to compete next. Well ad sme competent coaches.

Fuck. This is dumb. I want all caches and egoli gone.

dirk digler
My position on that shit has never changed, but that's just me. It's stupid (and not much fun) to root for your team to suck. Period.

Sure it is just try it. Seriously fuck this team. OTW is right on in his post.

RockChalk
Nothing to add. Just wanted in.

I'm interested to see if Orton shows up. Or perhaps we claimed him, with the goal of trading him to Chicago for a late-round pick? Can that even be done?

Pestilence
If Pioli is committed to getting a new QB, he'll pay what it takes to move up for Barkley or whomever else he likes.

The best way to get him to commit to the new QB would be for a guy like Orton to come in and establish that it truly was a Cassel problem and not a line problem or a weapons problem or a coaching problem, blah blah blah.

Orton does nothing to preclude a 1st round QB, he may just make one slightly more expensive. In the process, he could also effectively slam the book shut on the Cassel era by playing quality football.

Fucking this.

angelo
I am unclear on the whole waivers thing. Could we trade Orton to the Bears for a draft pick?

Ang

tooge
11-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Is there a chance we get a compensatory pick for him when he becomes a free agent after this year? If so, then good business move. If not, then it is just another move for a non special player.

MoreLemonPledge
I BLAME CARSON PALMER

Chiefnj2
Did Stanzi finger bang Haley's wife at a restaurant or something?

MoreLemonPledge
I am unclear on the whole waivers thing. Could we trade Orton to the Bears for a draft pick?

Ang

No, the trade deadline has passed.

BourbonMan
Pioli picked him up so McDaniels could chose between Cassel and Orton next year.

May cockroaches infect ur ass!!!

mcaj22
how the hell can we trade him when the deadline has passed lol

keg in kc
11-23-2011, 02:27 PM
No it does not. We are not going to the playoffs wth this team if we have rodgers qbing us this year.

The smart thing would of been to open the books to what stanzi wants to do and let him sling it to ourwrs. Give him an audition to compete for next year, then draft a starter and let them battle it out.

Orton wouldhave to win out and us get the playoffs for this to be worth it. But that solvs what? No way we win a playoff game with crennel and muir. They would get outcoached. Then add the fact orton would have to cheerlead the d players to not break all the time.

I mean playing our young guys for experience in a lostseason is dumb I guess. Would suck for them to get that and then add our injured players from this year to compete next. Well ad sme competent coaches.

****. This is dumb. I want all caches and egoli gone.Playing Stanzi now is dumb in my opinion. And apparently the Chiefs lean my way.

We just see it different ways...

And this actually has nothing to do with Stanzi in my eyes. It's about Tyler Palko, and whether Orton's a better quarterback than he is. Although it would, presumably, be putting Stanzi back into the 3rd spot where I believe he belongs for now.

Stanzi's audition would be the next couple of preseasons. Not anytime in 2011. Because I think it's too soon to make a fair judgment on him.

MoreLemonPledge
Did Stanzi finger bang Haley's wife at a restaurant or something?

I HAVE THE WHOLE SCOOP

Pestilence
Is there a chance we get a compensatory pick for him when he becomes a free agent after this year? If so, then good business move. If not, then it is just another move for a non special player.

We should be....yes.

ChiefsCountry
So when does the first Orton buy Chiefs tickets advertisment in Des Moines metro start popping up?

tk13
I was wondering if Pioli would go for it. I'm not the least bit surprised Haley would be up for this.

That's the problem with some of these arguments... yeah it could be better in the long run if we went 4-12, but Haley can't worry about that because he might not be here next year if that happens.

DJ's left nut
- If the FO doesn't draft a QB because they claimed Orton....then they never planned on it in the first place.

Exactly.

Orton wouldn't do anything to prevent a 1st round quarterback. In fact, he could do a lot to ensure one.

MoreLemonPledge

Yes, we should.

Carlota69
11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, there is a chance we get the pick.

SNR
I feel sorry for Stanzi. Ten bucks says this move pushes him back onto the inactive list.

durtyrute
I'm not pissed because they got him, he would be a solid number two. BUT I will be EXTREMLY PISSED if this shit keeps us from:

1. Seeing what we have in Stanzi either this year or the start of next year or
2. Drafting a QB

Chiefnj2
Do you think Kerry Collins will beat out Orton and Cassel to start week 1 of the 2012 season? If Collins doesn't work out, they can always trade a 5th to bring in McNabb.

tooge
11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Yes, there is a chance we get the pick.

then this is a good move. who cares if he sits there and does nothing. If we get a 5th or 6th round pick for the guy then I see this as a positive.

htismaqe
Would I rather see Stanzi? Yup, but the staff isn't going to go that route. So this is an acceptable alternative, IMO. He's also a guy that would absolutely be a viable option for a year or two while we groom a young QB, especially a project like RGIII.

The only issue is that this kind of move is indicative of a team that doesn't WANT to groom a young QB.

This isn't an alternative and it isn't acceptable. This is the move of a team that is too scared to take the risk.

It really doesn't matter where we end up in the draft - we could have the #1 overall pick and they'd take a lineman.

MoreLemonPledge
Do you think Kerry Collins will beat out Orton and Cassel to start week 1 of the 2012 season? If Collins doesn't work out, they can always trade a 5th to bring in McNabb.

No, we need that 5th to pry McDaniels away from St. Louis.

SNR
And actually, I feel sorry for Orton, too. The dude has a chance to really help out a competing team this year and here he is stuck in the mire and rape in Kansas City

Pestilence
Exactly.

Orton wouldn't do anything to prevent a 1st round quarterback. In fact, he could do a lot to ensure one.

I'm putting it on the record right now.....but Stanzi, not Orton, is going to stop this team from drafting a 1st round QB. And it's not even because they're going to give him playing time.

You're going to hear this FO say that they drafted Stanzi last year and they want to develop him into a starter.

Mr_Tomahawk
Well...

...at least he has the ability to throw the ball beyond 20 yards.

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
yea we will get a comp pick when this turd walks in Free Agency

so

teedubya
11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
At least this ****ing QB didn't cost us a 2nd round pick. heh.

Maybe we could trade him to Chicago for a 5th or something at the end of the year. lol

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Exactly.

On the surface, you're 100% correct.

But a team that signs Kyle Orton in Week 10 of a season where they're probably going to finish below .500 doesn't draft 1st round QBs.

This move doesn't prevent anything but it's a clear indication of how this FO thinks. We're not drafting a QB.

DomCasual
I'm so sorry.

I knew some people once that got a dog from the pound - the dog turned out to be a biter.

They knew that the dog would get put down if they told the pound that he bit people, so they just told them that they couldn't keep him because of allergies.

A few weeks later, the pound calls them and asks if they had any problems with biting. It turns out that the new owners got him home, and he bit a guest in their home. They were threatening a lawsuit.

I bet those people felt like I do right now.

Carlota69
See, I told you we would **** over the Bears by claiming Orton..hahahhaa

Bears sign Josh McCown
Posted by Josh Alper on November 23, 2011, 4:26 PM EST
San Francisco 49ers v San Diego Chargers Getty Images

A couple of moments after news broke that the Chiefs were awarded quarterback Kyle Orton on waivers, the Bears announced that they added a quarterback of their own.

The team signed Josh McCown to a one-year contract that was likely sitting in a drawer until the moment the team was sure that they would not be adding Orton for the stretch run. According to Adam Schefter, the Bears did put in a claim on Orton so McCown was their Plan B.

McCown was cut by the 49ers at the end of training camp. He spent 2010 in the UFL and has played with the Panthers, Dolphins, Raiders, Lions and Cardinals. McCown has started 31 games in his NFL career, but he’s probably best known for nearly getting his finger lopped off by brother Luke when the two of them were chopping wood before the start of the 2008 season. McCown was expected to start for the Dolphins that year but wound up traded to the Panthers after the team acquired Chad Pennington.

The addition of McCown gives the Bears a bit more depth, but it doesn’t give them a better option than Caleb Hanie over the final six weeks of the season. Hanie will have to do enough to keep the Bears on the playoff track or one of Lovie Smith’s best Chicago teams will find itself out of the mix come January.

Guru
The Chiefs cannot trade him this year so stop with the trade talk. The deadline already passed.

Dartgod

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7840342&highlight=orton#post7840342

Orton looked like Tom Brady. And that isn't just some homer talk. He played awesome tonight. Tebow isn't at Orton's level right now.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7248544&highlight=orton#post7248544

Jay Cutler has been carried by that defense this year. In those wins he has only thrown for more than 250 yards twice. They would be 11-1 with Kyle Orton.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7109855&highlight=orton#post7109855

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7058378&highlight=orton#post7058378

In NFL history, only K. Warner (2000 season) has thrown for more passing yds than Broncos QB Kyle Orton (1419 yds) thru 4 games

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7003833&highlight=orton#post7003833

I mean like a top 10 QB.

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Rivers
6. Favre
7. Schaub
8. Romo
9. Rapelisburger
10. Orton

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7003808&highlight=orton#post7003808

Not with the way Kyle Orton is playing. Denver will have the best QB on the field 85% of the time this year, that alone will carry us to wins.

I don't even have to click on the links to know who you are quoting.

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
why or how do people think we can trade this guy

there is no scenario that we can trade him for anything at this point in the season and/or in the offseason lol.

he walks regardless.

Chiefspants

I mean like a top 10 QB.

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Rivers
6. Favre
7. Schaub
8. Romo
9. Rapelisburger
10. Orton

ROFL

teedubya
The Chiefs cannot trade him this year so stop with the trade talk. The deadline already passed.

NO. We are gonna trade him, dammit.

FringeNC
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Who knows what Pioli is thinking. It's impossible to read much into future plans with this.

DJ's left nut
The only issue is that this kind of move is indicative of a team that doesn't WANT to groom a young QB.

This isn't an alternative and it isn't acceptable. This is the move of a team that is too scared to take the risk.

It really doesn't matter where we end up in the draft - we could have the #1 overall pick and they'd take a lineman.

Maybe, but the move itself doesn't change that.

The team was either going to draft a quarterback or it wasn't. It makes no sense to get up in arms over Orton because that decision hasn't changed. Then again, I'm not sure I agree with you that grabbing Orton is indicative of anything for the long-term, other than suggesting that they're not comfortable with Dickstanzi starting games right now.

I disagree with them, but they also have a decent leg to stand on in that regard. It's a reasonable position to take that a 5th round quarterback that hasn't even been active to this point shouldn't be asked to start 4 games against the toughest opponents in the league.

I just can't see anything but upside to this decision.

Guru
NO. We are gonna trade him, dammit.

Now there are rumors that the chiefs already drew up a longer contract for him. 610

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:34 PM
if we offer him a longer contract I will shit myself lol

lcarus
Is it possible we picked up Orton just to trade him to Chicago (who I heard actually wanted Orton but we were higher on the waiver order?). If we get a draft pick out of signing Orton, it's actually a ****ing brilliant move.

okcchief
The only positive I see in this is Orton will show how shitty Cassel is and maybe convince them to move on.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-23-2011, 02:35 PM
610 IS reporting orton is getting a new deal (RUMOR)

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:35 PM
for the love of god we cant trade him to Chicago lol

mdchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM

I mean like a top 10 QB.

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Rivers
6. Favre
7. Schaub
8. Romo
9. Rapelisburger
10. Orton

ROFL

memyselfI
Guess we got turkey a day early. :doh!:

KurtCobain
Atleast we're a lock to win the bears game now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
Is it possible we picked up Orton just to trade him to Chicago (who I heard actually wanted Orton but we were higher on the waiver order?). If we get a draft pick out of signing Orton, it's actually a ****ing brilliant move.

:facepalm:

WE CAN'T TRADE ORTON!!!

FringeNC
610 IS reporting orton is getting a new deal

Wow. Cassel is done, if true. But is Orton here to be a starter or a veteran presence?

Guru

ONly speculation right now.

Pestilence

And I guarantee you they did that to get him to report.

tk13
Who knows what Pioli is thinking. It's impossible to read much into future plans with this.

This is probably right. The only thing that's really obvious from this is 1) they want to win now and 2) they just don't feel Stanzi has shown that he's ready to start.

I'm not sure it means we won't draft a 1st round QB. This move only gets us through the next 6 weeks, nothing beyond that. It's entirely possible they see Stanzi as the future and want to give him his entire rookie year to learn... or maybe Orton comes in with pretty much no training camp and shows up Cassel.

I actually think it's interesting because they've taken a risk that could easily make the "franchise" QB everyone believes they're in love with expendable. Today could very well be a sign that the Cassel era is over.

Guru
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM

WE CAN'T TRADE ORTON!!!

LMAO

Dartgod

If this is true, then I'm pissed...I think.

It could mean that we are planning to cut bait on Cassel and draft a QB.

BossChief
I feel sorry for Stanzi. Ten bucks says this move pushes him back onto the inactive list.
this makes me sad
610 IS reporting orton is getting a new deal (RUMOR)

FML if true

Guru
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM
This is probably right. The only thing that's really obvious from this is 1) they want to win now and 2) they just don't feel Stanzi has shown that he's ready to start.

I'm not sure it means we won't draft a 1st round QB. This move only gets us through the next 6 weeks, nothing beyond that. It's entirely possible they see Stanzi as the future and want to give him his entire rookie year to learn... or maybe Orton comes in with pretty much no training camp and shows up Cassel.

I actually think it's interesting because they've taken a risk that could easily make the "franchise" QB everyone believes they're in love with expendable.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we were never drafting a first round QB anyway. Something I hate about this organization.

arrowheadnation
Will he report? I thought I read somewhere that he said he wouldn't report to any team but Chicago.

Oh, and the way this team has been managed under Pioli, I could actually see us going into next season with a competition between Cassel and Orton to be the starter. FOL

mdchiefsfan

Were past the trade deadline, but if he leaves as a FA next year, we get a compensatory draft pick.

lcarus

WE CAN'T TRADE ORTON!!!

That's why I asked "is it possible". I didn't know, you dick juice slurpee. lol

Pestilence

Honestly, in my mind, a new deal for Orton does three things.

1. It gets him to report to the team.
2. It means that they're done with Cassel.
3. It means that they either plan on drafting a QB next year or moving Stanzi to the 2nd spot on the depth chart.

Chiefnj2
11-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Does anyone think we should trade him to Chicago?

mcaj22
how does someone that follows football not know when trade deadlines are? lol

Guru
Will he report? I thought I read somewhere that he said he wouldn't report to any team but Chicago.

If true, we just paid 1.3 mil for a late round draft pick.

Dartgod

We are probably planning on trading him to the Bears.

*ducks and runs for cover*

mdchiefsfan

I think that was a bluff by his agent, in an attempt to keep anyone from placing a claim on him. Time will tell.

Carlota69

That would be the best bet. We need a solid vet,so we can get rid of Cassel and draft a QB.

KC_Connection
I hope nobody starts talking this scrub up like he's any good.

BossChief
This move does help us for 2 of our remaining games, if you want to look into the rainbows and unicorns/short term brand of thinking.

Guru
how does someone that follows football not know when trade deadlines are? lol

The stupidity is strong in this thread

Pestilence
If true, we just paid 1.3 mil for a late round draft pick.

I'm all for it considering that we're $28 million under the cap and not using it.

htismaqe
The team was either going to draft a quarterback or it wasn't. It makes no sense to get up in arms over Orton because that decision hasn't changed.

That decision hasn't changed, no. But until they DID something to give us an indication as to what that decision might be, we could at least hope.

Now we know what their thinking is - they don't want to draft, groom, or otherwise deal with a young QB. Young QBs cost coaches their jobs.

FringeNC
11-23-2011, 02:40 PM

3. It means that they either plan on drafting a QB next year or moving Stanzi to the 2nd spot on the depth chart.

That's my optimistic assessment, too.

mdchiefsfan
We are probably planning on trading him to the Bears.

*ducks and runs for cover*

ROFL

Almost got me on this one.

Carlota69
This thread is EPIC. Love it.

Mr_Tomahawk
I wan to trade him to Chicago tomorrow.

Is this possible?

KCUnited
It was the neck beard that attracted Haley.

Chiefs Pantalones
I like this. This means Cassel is done and we'll be drafting a QB in the first round next year and we'll groom him. I'm probably in the minority.

Guru
That decision hasn't changed, no. But until they DID something to give us an indication as to what that decision might be, we could at least hope.

Now we know what their thinking is - they don't want to draft, groom, or otherwise deal with a young QB. Young QBs cost coaches their jobs.

As do Cassels.

Bewbies
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm taking a shit on Pioli's wife if we extend Orton.

SNR

3. It means that they either plan on drafting a QB next year or moving Stanzi to the 2nd spot on the depth chart.Who starts at QB this week? Orton?

lcarus
The stupidity is strong in this thread

Sorry, just trying to make sense of a retarded acquisition...

Guru
I like this. This means Cassel is done and we'll be drafting a QB in the first round next year and we'll groom him. I'm probably in the minority.

Don't hold your breath on that thought man. This IS the Chiefs we are talking about.

Three7s
I wan to trade him to Chicago tomorrow.

Is this possible?
Yep, and we'll even get 2 firsts like Cincinnati!

Yes, I know you're sarcastic, I just couldn't help it.

Groves
11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Guys guys, you're missing the front office acumen here.

Orton is going to be used for two objectives only.

1. We're going to mine him for his Chicago knowledge before we play them. He's gold in this role.

2. He'll use revenge-strength to beat Denver when we play them again.

His contract is getting reworked to reflect his new goals.

No problem. heh.

Guru
Who starts at QB this week? Orton?

Palko does. It will probably be like the RAiders when we played them.

Setsuna
Hey guys I'm also a member of the broncos forum and if a dud named neckbeard joins. He is the BIGGEST Orton homer of them all. Moreso than Orton himself. Rip him apart please.

tooge
Best part of this is that we just stuck it to the Donkos. They could have kept him and gotten a compensatory pick for him in the draft. Instead, they don't get squat, we will get an extra pick. Why all the hate on this move. It means nothing after this season.

Pestilence
Who starts at QB this week? Orton?

Unfortunately they're going to have to start Palko.....unless Orton knows more than I think he does of our playbook.

After that.....Orton moves into the #1 spot and Stanzi probably gets moved down to the #3. I know that's going to piss people off.....but I don't see this FO giving him any playing time this year.

If it were me.....I'd start Orton and move Stanzi to the #2.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Pioli isn't the kind of GM who packages picks to move up in the first. I personally thought it was unlikely that we'd make an attempt to draft a QB if he was there in the first, taking the picks to move down, this, in my mind, seals it.

Tyler Palko's not good, but he's also not Tim Tebow. He doesn't panic after a second in the pocket, and he's not incapable of completing passes. How does starting Palko, or Stanzi, for that matter, really hurt the development of the offense?

We'll probably beat Denver, and perhaps one other team, further driving the stake in our own hearts.

Carlota69

Im with ya.:thumb:

DaFace
Best part of this is that we just stuck it to the Donkos. They could have kept him and gotten a compensatory pick for him in the draft. Instead, they don't get squat, we will get an extra pick. Why all the hate on this move. It means nothing after this season.

Eh, technically they saved a couple million. That's it, though.

Guru
Uh, the Broncos CHOSE to do this. We haven't stuck it to them at all.

3rd&48ers
11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes I am a genius

SenselessChiefsFan
two beards are better than one.

lcarus
Forgot all about the trade deadline. My brain was too focused on trying to make sense of why we'd pay Kyle Orton 2.5 million dollars to play 6 games in an already doomed season, when he doesn't even want to be here (allegedly). Unless we're trying to get him here beyond this season. Then I'll have to wrap my brain around that shit....

journeyscarab
Gary Lezak likes the pick. Jizzing all over 810 now.

BoneKrusher
this is the second most exciting thing that's happened to our team this season.

(Cassel going on IR was the most exciting)

Guru
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes I am a genius

very very very very very very very very very loose term

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Gary Lezak likes the pick. Jizzing all over 810 now.

He's in love with a Katy Perry song too. He's a fucktard. ROFL

arrowheadnation
11-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking Haley could have been lobbying for this as well in a last ditch attempt to get a few late wins to save his job (if he is indeed on the hot seat).

OnTheWarpath58
Pioli isn't the kind of GM who packages picks to move up in the first. I personally thought it was unlikely that we'd make an attempt to draft a QB if he was there in the first, taking the picks to move down, this, in my mind, seals it.

Tyler Palko's not good, but he's also not Tim Tebow. He doesn't panic after a second in the pocket, and he's not incapable of completing passes. How does starting Palko, or Stanzi, for that matter, really hurt the development of the offense?

We'll probably beat Denver, and perhaps one other team, further driving the stake in our own hearts.

Yep.

BillSelfsTrophycase
Now there are rumors that the chiefs already drew up a longer contract for him. 610

PLEASE tell me you're shitting me

Three7s
He's in love with a Katy Perry song too. He's a ****tard. ROFL
I heard he was gay. He must have a hardon for Orton's neckbeard.

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM

1. We're going to mine him for his Chicago knowledge before we play them. He's gold in this role.

No problem. heh.

Chicago runs an entirely different offense than they did when Orton was there. Just FYI.

Chocolate Hog

If theres a tight end we want he might.

dirk digler

this x2

fucking depressing

mdchiefsfan
if we offer him a longer contract I will shit myself lol

I called it last night:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8134616&postcount=378

KC Tattoo
I hate this team. ROFL

Yep LMAO Same sinking ship I'm in

Titanic

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Does drafting 14th make it easier to get a potential franchise QB than drafting 5th?

Count Zarth
11-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Explain who we are going to miss out on in the draft by going 6-10 instead of 4-12.

Count Zarth
11-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Does drafting 14th make it easier to get a potential franchise QB than drafting 5th?

We are not drafting a franchise QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Explain who we are going to miss out on in the draft by going 6-10 instead of 4-12.

It could potentially cost you Barkley and Griffin.

3rd&48ers
Keep doubting me bitches....
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar9613_29.gif

htismaqe

Exactly.

Guru

ONly in the Chiefs FO.

Epic Fail 007

man that was just espn talkin stuff like always,same network that said shanny would be the next hc

BossChief
So, HOPEFULLY we claimed him to get the comp pick and that we will move Cassel for a pick before next year starts and use those picks (and more) to trade up for a real quarterback.

It's too bad I know better.

mcaj22
11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
from Mark Castle to Keith Horton

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 02:51 PM
ONly in the Chiefs FO.

Exactly. Because it's easier to move down from the #14 pick and get a couple of 6th's in return. Because the 6th round is where you get franchise QBs.

3rd&48ers
So, HOPEFULLY we claimed him to get the comp pick and that we will move Cassel for a pick before next year starts and use those picks (and more) to trade up for a real quarterback.

you just keep hoping to god that we **** up the qb position again this time and dont go out and draft a real one. I know thats why you're trolling with this crap, you are genuinely scared. ROFLLMAO:thumb::LOL:

Count Zarth
You guys really need to get over this.

We were never going to draft a franchise quarterback anyway.

Next year we're going to roll out Cassel, Orton and a new head coach and if we're lucky, they'll compete for the starting job.

End result: Cassel won't be our starter anymore.

If you were hoping for more than that, you're a fool.

58kcfan89
To those talking about the compensatory pick, I'm fairly sure it's like a 5th, probably a 6th rounder. I'm damn near positive we're not getting a 3rd or anything like it for him....

'Hamas' Jenkins

Not now. This move makes that patently obvious. Orton plays out the string, and Cassel is back for next year.

Scott Pioli saw a chance to evaluate young talent on this team in the waning weeks of a lost season after losing an ineffective and overpaid Matt Cassel and his decision was...to bring in Matt Cassel.

Scott Pioli is a fucking True Fan.

Micjones
If the FO doesn't draft a QB because they claimed Orton....then they never planned on it in the first place.

Thread over.

Superturtle
HAI THUR GUYZ

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/KyleOrton-300x225.jpg

Rams Fan
11-23-2011, 02:52 PM

No one would give up a 3rd for Orton.

htismaqe

Next year we're going to roll out Cassel, Orton and a new head coach and if we're lucky, they'll compete for the starting job.

THIS.

mcaj22
if they gives this clown a contract that extends longer than these 6 games then they have to be wanting to trade Cassel the minute the offseason begins

3rd&48ers
11-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Palmer< Orton ?

Chocolate Hog

Shut the fuck up. You've never been right not once.

KCUnited
McDaniels has worked with both.

Rams Fan

No problem. heh.

Orton wasn't there when Martz was...

Rams Fan
McDaniels has worked with both.

He isn't leaving St. Louis.

digger
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/132066526016.jpg
You know why.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cPJAEbOe5kU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

teedubya
I read on twitter that we are trading him to Indianapolis for Peyton Manning's neck brace.

arrowheadnation
Palmer< Orton ?

Yeah, but not until like an hour ago.

KCUnited
He isn't leaving St. Louis.

Don't bring your sunshine into this shitfest.

teedubya
HAI THUR GUYZ

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/KyleOrton-300x225.jpg

ROFL

mdchiefsfan
Sorry, just trying to make sense of a retarded acquisition...

I don't mind Hunt paying $2.5 mil for an extra draft pick and maintaining appearances of trying to put together a winning team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Okay, yet another primer for the n00bs to the thread:

The trading deadline has passed and Kyle Orton is a free agent at the end of the year. That means that we cannot trade Kyle Orton unless we extend his contract. Should we choose not to (hopefully), then if he signs somewhere else we will receive a compensatory pick in the 2013 draft, most likely in the 6th round where we can play Patriot QB Lotto.

3rd&48ers
I called Arrowhead and approved this pickup

dirk digler
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Maybe you are right

HUNT: “In my view, if we ever want to have a chance, a real chance of competing in the Super Bowl, we have to develop our own franchise quarterback. Doesn’t mean we have to draft him; we can get him in a trade.”

OnTheWarpath58

The comp pick is going to be in like the 6th round.

And you can't trade comp picks, either.

Pants
Orton > Cassel.

No troll.

Carlota69
HAI THUR GUYZ

:LOL:

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't mind Hunt paying $2.5 mil for an extra draft pick and maintaining appearances of trying to put together a winning team.

Wow. Mirage is enough, I guess. :spock:

burt
Exactly.

Wow...... who are you?

Count Zarth
Shut the fuck up. You've never been right not once.

I've been right about Pioli and Haley since Denver last year when I proclaimed them frauds.

petegz28
Ok, well, I was wrong. I said Orton would never be a Chief.

arrowheadnation
4 to 1 odds we trade picks for Tebow when Elway puts him on the block next year/this offseason??

Double or nothin we do that AND get McDaniels as head coach.

F

O

L

3rd&48ers
11-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Seriously, he is the best possible QB for this team right now...

Chocolate Hog
I've been right about Pioli and Haley since Denver last year when I proclaimed them frauds.

After you switched up 10 different times.

'Hamas' Jenkins
FTR, you can complain about this move and how it hurts our ability to get a QB while still realizing that it wasn't likely. How many anti-Cassel threads do we have every week? We all already know he sucks (sans Pawnmower), but the responses exist as a way to express disdain over the continued mismanagement of this franchise by a bungling cabal of incompetent buffoons.

OnTheWarpath58
Ok, well, I was wrong. I said Orton would never be a Chief.

Technically, you could still be right.

He may not report.

burt
I think I may have to change my sig to "Orton eres a ho".....

SenselessChiefsFan

I think it would be foolish to think the Chiefs were drafting a QB in the first round anyways.

burt
11-23-2011, 02:58 PM

easier to be right.....eventually.

Rams Fan
11-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Bull. Shit.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
FTR, you can complain about this move and how it hurts our ability to get a QB while still realizing that it wasn't likely. How many anti-Cassel threads do we have every week? We all already know he sucks (sans Pawnmower), but the responses exist as a way to express disdain over the continued mismanagement of this franchise by a bungling cabal of incompetent buffoons.

A Letter to Kyle Orton:

Kyle,

You don't know me, but I'm prepared to make you an offer you can't refuse. See, I'm a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs - the team that just claimed you on waivers. I know you're somewhat familiar with us, since you played in the same division with Denver for a few seasons.

Here's the thing, Kyle. Had we traded for you at the beginning of the season, I would have welcomed you with open arms. You're an upgrade to Matt Cassel, and I feel that you could have done some special things with the weapons we have here. We likely wouldn't have been a contender, but we could have had some fun.

But sitting at 4-6, with 6 weeks to go in the season, you're my worst nightmare. As a fan of this organization, I've been waiting my entire life for a championship - and I turn 40 in 11 months - sad, isn't it? I, and many others believe the only way to win that championship is by drafting and developing a franchise QB. To do that, we need to be drafting highly come April. And to draft highly, we need to lose out. 4-12. You, my friend, complicate this possibility. You're good enough to win us a game or three we have no business winning, and in the process, knocking us into the middle of the 1st round, where we'll inevitably select a fucking RT or 5-technique.

So, with that said, I'd like to make you an offer:

Tell Scott Pioli to kiss your dick and don't report. You don't need the money, and you surely don't need the headache that comes with playing here. Unless you like throwing dumpoffs, checkdowns and WR screens - and enjoy scrambling to the LOS because Haley and his merry band of fucktards can't get the play to you in a timely fashion.

Don't report, Kyle. There's a case of Jack Daniels in it for you. I know it's your favorite.

Have a wonderful holiday,

OnTheWarpath58

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

3rd&48ers
How bout a little negative rep for me being so damn right all the time?

Count Zarth

No one has been able to prove that statement, which means it never happened. I've been able to prove my side of the argument. So people should honestly SHUT UP.

I jumped off their bandwagon after Denver and never. got. back. on.

3rd&48ers
11-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Gif horse has been dead on about the whole situation

Mr. Flopnuts
Wow. Brilliant fucking move. What are we gonna do with those 2 first round picks in next year's draft that Chicago is shipping over? RT and a 5 technique? Sounds about right.

Chocolate Hog
No one has been able to prove that statement, which means it never happened. I've been able to prove my side of the argument. So people should honestly SHUT UP.

I jumped off their bandwagon after Denver and never. got. back. on.

So when you were sucking Pioli off during the 2011 draft that didn't count?

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 03:02 PM

BALLA ASS GM

Fruit Ninja
11-23-2011, 03:02 PM
wonder if he says fuck that and doesnt show up.haha

Chocolate Hog
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
BALLA ASS GM

Yup. Clayton is Bills only son.

htismaqe
I think it would be foolish to think the Chiefs were drafting a QB in the first round anyways.

At least we were allowed to hope. This move isn't a team-killer by any means...but a hope-crusher it is...

Count Zarth

I was giving him credit for good picks. That doesn't mean I believed in him.

petegz28
The bright side is Orton would make the best QB we have had since Green. The downside is Orton would make the best QB we have had since Green.

If we can draft a QB in the 1st next year and use Orton as a stop gap I am fine with that. If we draft a QB next year and use Orton as a backup I am fine with that as well.

3rd&48ers
wonder if he says **** that and doesnt show up.haha

Are you kidding? He will be the starter here for the next 3 years

mdchiefsfan
Wow. Mirage is enough, I guess. :spock:

I don't mind this. As long as this is just a current season fix. If there is a contract extension I will s*** a brick. But we all agree that the draft is crap shoot, right? Why not buy an extra roll with 2.5 million dollars? It's not my money, but there is a slight chance we get someone worth a damn with that compensatory pick. The increase in odds is worth the pickup IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
If you want Orton to be the stopgap next year, sign him in the offseason.

talastan
11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't mind this. As long as this is just a current season fix. If there is a contract extension I will s*** a brick. But we all agree that the draft is crap shoot, right? Why not buy an extra roll with 2.5 million dollars? It's not my money, but there is a slight chance we get someone worth a damn with that compensatory pick. The increase in odds is worth the pickup IMO.

And we offered Cassel 63 million when? :huh:

gblowfish
11-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I hate Donks.

Next year your QBs will be Cassel, Orton and Stanzi.
Palko may not live past Sunday night.

We'll draft a tackle in the first round after trading down.
Same as it ever was.

BossChief
ROFLLMAO:thumb::LOL:I was probably the only one that knew what you were doing.

FUCK YOU

The comp pick is going to be in like the 6th round.

And you can't trade comp picks, either.

I may be wrong, but for some reason I think comp picks are equal to the round the player was originally drafted in.

That would mean we would be due for a 4th rounder.

htismaqe

Right.

They need him to be a stopgap NOW, to get them through the season in a good-enough way that they can justify not cleaning house. Then they can bring Cassel back and set back about their "plan".

petegz28

Agreed. Don't do shit until after the season is over with this guy. I am just afraid that we might see Cassel\Orton as our QB's next year instead of Orton\Barkley or Barkley\Orton, etc.

3rd&48ers
i am smelling a mega deal for Orton soon

Count Zarth

You can't do that if he's on another team.

Rams Fan
Right.

They need him to be a stopgap NOW, to get them through the season in a good-enough way that they can justify not cleaning house. Then they can bring Cassel back and set back about their "plan".

This.

3rd&48ers
11-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I was probably the only one that knew what you were doing.

**** YOU

I may be wrong, but for some reason I think comp picks are equal to the round the player was originally drafted in.

Orton is not a bad pickup with your options

Rams Fan

His contract currently belongs to the Chiefs, right?

Chocolate Hog
Orton as the starter/backup we get Griffin. I fuck with it.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 03:08 PM
if the chiefs didn't claim him people would say it just confirms that Pioli is committed to Cassel and doesn't give a shit.

If the Chiefs do claim him then it means that Pioli will never draft a QB .... EVER.

:shake:

jesus, all it probably means is that the Chiefs want a veteran QB around for the rest of the year. Orton is in the last year of his contract so he won't be around long anyway.

The level of stupidity around this place is increasing exponentially. It's like morons are breeding.

DJ's left nut

Why?

If you want him to be the stopgap next year, why not take a free flier on him to see how he interacts with the players, staff, etc... To see how he plays in this environment or to even get him a start on the playbook for next season.

If you want him as a stopgap while developing a young quarterback, it makes far more sense to bring him in now to have him ahead of the curve next year or to at least confirm that you actually do want him.

Fruit Ninja
Haley isnt making it passed this season. I dont see how this team is going to score points and going from 10-6 to 5-11 or so isnt going to cut it.

OnTheWarpath58
Right.

These assholes are probably popping fucking corks at Arrowhead, thinking this move still gives them a shot at the division.

petegz28

Oh mother fucking well if he is

Rams Fan
11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
These assholes are probably popping ****ing corks at Arrowhead, thinking this move still gives them a shot at the division.

Shit isn't over till the Chiefs are officially eliminated.

KC Dan
if the chiefs didn't claim him people would say it just confirms that Pioli is committed to Cassel and doesn't give a shit.

If the Chiefs do claim him then it means that Pioli will never draft a QB .... EVER.

jesus, all it probably means is that the Chiefs want a veteran QB around for the rest of the year. Orton is in the last year of his contract so he won't be around long anyway.

The level of stupidity around this place is increasing exponentially. It's like morons are breeding.THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd&48ers

The level of stupidity around this place is increasing exponentially. It's like morons are breeding.

The only thing I will laugh at is if the Chiefs offer him a multi year deal. But those who think this is a bad pickup don't know shit about football.

petegz28
These assholes are probably popping ****ing corks at Arrowhead, thinking this move still gives them a shot at the division.

That's what scares me. It might. The worst thing that can happen to this team is to win the division.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Why?

If you want him to be the stopgap next year, why not take a free flier on him to see how he interacts with the players, staff, etc... To see how he plays in this environment or to even get him a start on the playbook for next season.

If you want him as a stopgap while developing a young quarterback, it makes far more sense to bring him in now to have him ahead of the curve next year or to at least confirm that you actually do want him.

It's hard to develop that young QB when he doesn't exist because you won two meaningless games.

BossChief

BALLA ASS GM

He said as much in free agency, too....and I am not a htismaqe mult.

FAX
11-23-2011, 03:10 PM

There is much truth stuff hanging from this post.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
I was probably the only one that knew what you were doing.

FUCK YOU

From NFL.com:

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

FringeNC
Right.

Pioli fortunately does not operate in a cocoon where his decisions are unaffected by market forces. One reason that losing teams draft QBs in the first round is to sell tickets. Matt Cassel Act Four will not sell tickets.

The only way Cassel stays is if he brings in McDaniels as head coach, and Pioli would be betting his career on that double-down. Much safer actually for Pioli to get a few free years with a rookie QB.

3rd&48ers
I see I am getting ignored, you all should be bowing to your Raider Master/ Football guru

Molitoth
11-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Now lets trade him!