PDA

View Full Version : Football Who are you pulling for today?

DaFace
11-24-2011, 07:33 AM
For some reason, I always take a side for Thanksgiving games more than I do for your typical season game. Maybe because it's more fun to watch games with a big group of family when you can argue about something. Anyway, who are you pulling for in today's games?

BoneKrusher
11-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Lions, Dolphins and Niners!

Bugeater
11-24-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd like to see the Lions win but I don't think they will.

threebag02
11-24-2011, 07:38 AM

This

Nzoner
11-24-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm pulling for my fantasy football players and between 3 leagues I have a load of them playing.

Bugeater
11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm pulling for my fantasy football players and between 3 leagues I have a load of them playing.
:lame:

DaFace
11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd like to see the Lions win but I don't think they will.

I'm definitely pulling for them, but my enthusiasm for them has waned a bit in the last few weeks. They kind of look like a team who doesn't know how to win gracefully. Lots of personal fouls, fights, etc.

That said, the Packers need to be taken down a notch.

DaFace
11-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Agreed. That's why I don't do fantasy anymore. Ruins the "real" game for me.

Bugeater
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm definitely pulling for them, but my enthusiasm for them has waned a bit in the last few weeks. They kind of look like a team who doesn't know how to win gracefully. Lots of personal fouls, fights, etc.

I like that kind of stuff.

JD10367
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
If they don't have a dog in the hunt, most people tend to pull for the underdog. Except in Baltimore's case, since they're blowhards and criminals.

Lions, Fins, Niners.

rockymtnchief
11-24-2011, 07:43 AM

+1

Nzoner
11-24-2011, 07:44 AM

Agreed. That's why I don't do fantasy anymore. Ruins the "real" game for me.

To each their own,doesn't ruin the real games for me and besides when there's thousands of dollars at stake it takes the games to a whole new level.

Bwana
11-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Packers, Dolphins and Niners.

BoneKrusher
11-24-2011, 07:51 AM

exactly, the Lions know if they have a chance at winning they have to knock Rodgers out of the game.

and they have the DLine that could do it.

kysirsoze
11-24-2011, 07:56 AM
My reasons are mostly fantasy related, although I am pulling for the Lions because I don't want them to go undefeated. I have this absolutely foolish hope that the first team to go 19-0 will be the Chiefs.

kysirsoze
11-24-2011, 07:58 AM

I completely understand people not wanting to play fantasy football, but I don't get all the hate it gets on this board. If anything it increases the level of ootball talk because it forces the people playing to be more educated about the game. (If they're any good that is)

movinbones
11-24-2011, 07:58 AM

+2

L.A. Chieffan
11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and Ray Rice

Nzoner
11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I completely understand people not wanting to play fantasy football, but I don't get all the hate it gets on this board. If anything it increases the level of ootball talk because it forces the people playing to be more educated about the game. (If they're any good that is)

:toast: to you sir

DaFace
11-24-2011, 08:07 AM

My primary issue with it is that it creates conflicts of interest. When I watch a game, I want to pick the team that I want to win based on the team - not based on a particular player. I especially hated it when I had to half-assedly root for a player who was against the Chiefs.

I also hate it because I've got a couple family members who won't shut up about their fantasy teams all day. I'm watching the Lions and Packers this morning. I don't give a shit whether a specific player scores or not, so shut the fuck up about it and put down your damn laptop when we're watching the game.

Nzoner
11-24-2011, 08:09 AM
My primary issue with it is that it creates conflicts of interest. When I watch a game, I want to pick the team that I want to win based on the team - not based on a particular player. I especially hated it when I had to half-assedly root for a player who was against the Chiefs.

Huh?

I mean I want the Lions to win today but there's no reason Finley can't have a good day as well.

L.A. Chieffan
11-24-2011, 08:09 AM
my fantasy team = awesomness

everybody elses fantasy team including the guys in the same league = stfu

kysirsoze
11-24-2011, 08:25 AM

I also hate it because I've got a couple family members who won't shut up about their fantasy teams all day. I'm watching the Lions and Packers this morning. I don't give a shit whether a specific player scores or not, so shut the **** up about it and put down your damn laptop when we're watching the game.

Yeah, I can understand both of these points, but for me it's worth it to have something to care about in games I would otherwise not give a shit about. I don't really care who wins the Dallas/Miami game. I suppose I'd lean Miami because I am pro-AFC and don't care for the Cowboys too much, but it would be a casual viewing for sure. As it is, I am starting Tony Romo (God help me) and I am going to care a great deal how he does. Makes the game more exciting to me and I still enjoy the game as a whole just as much.

Still, to each their own. I do try to not be annoying about it when people watching the game actually have a fan-based rooting interest. That's not cool.

DaFace
11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Huh?

I mean I want the Lions to win today but there's no reason Finley can't have a good day as well.

You can say that in general, but what if the Lions are up by 4 with a minute less in the game, Packers have the ball, and you're down in your fantasy league by 5 points. A TD to Finley wins your fantasy game and gives the Packers a win.

That kind of thing bothers me (but I do understand I'm in the minority).

(And yes, I know that the specific win/lose scenario only applies for later games like SNF and MNF.)

GloryDayz
11-24-2011, 08:28 AM
PussyCats v TinStuffers: I want the Lions to win, but I want 'anybody' to shut-up those Miami goons once and for all even more.

Boys v Fish: Hate the Dolphins, but I have mixed emotions about that pick too. I know if they keep winning we might have a better chance for Luck (but there Indy in the way too). So I'm back to just hating Miami. Plus, I don't mind the Cowboys at all.

Homos v Crows: Another tough one... Hate both, but hate Lewis, perhaps, more than any NFL player ever - even more that a kicker who shall remain unnamed.