PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CP for KO?

orange
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
In this case, CP stands for Carson Palmer.

Do the Chiefs put Orton in this week after Palko's third interception just to get the new era underway?

Bane
11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I would say he isn't active till after we get destroyed by Rapeherberger and company.

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I bet he is active as the backup in case Palko gets killed. Orton now is likely more ready to play than Stanzi is... or Stanzi would have been in to begin with.

I'm nearly positive that Stanzi is gonna spend this entire season on the shelf. Had we not picked up Orton I would have been displeased with that. With Orton, putting Stanzi on the shelf is probably the best thing for him.

Bane
11-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I bet he is active as the backup in case Palko gets killed. Orton now is likely more ready to play than Stanzi is... or Stanzi would have been in to begin with.

I'm nearly positive that Stanzi is gonna spend this entire season on the shelf. Had we not picked up Orton I would have been displeased with that. With Orton, putting Stanzi on the shelf is probably the best thing for him.

Very valid points.I can't disagree at all.

Scorp
11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Had we not picked up Orton I would have been displeased with that.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Without Orton we most certainly would probably lose all our remaining games. Which would most likely put us picking around number 5 in the draft. Low enough to get a Barkley or RGIII.

With Orton we might win a couple more games which will probably put us in the 10-15 spot in the draft. More than likely missing out on those Quarterbacks. Do you really want Cassel and Orton battling it out for our starting QB job next year?

I just don't understand the logic of anyone happy we picked up Orton. :doh!:

BossChief
11-24-2011, 01:02 PM

While I agree that this is the best way for short term success, for a team in need of a franchise quarterback to have any chance at REAL success it is very much counterproductive in that respect.

My hope is that going into next year, we have Orton, Stanzi and a first round QB as our three QBs.

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
This makes absolutely no sense to me. Without Orton we most certainly would probably lose all our remaining games. Which would most likely put us picking around number 5 in the draft. Low enough to get a Barkley or RGIII.

With Orton we might win a couple more games which will probably put us in the 10-15 spot in the draft. More than likely missing out on those Quarterbacks. Do you really want Cassel and Orton battling it out for our starting QB job next year?

I just don't understand the logic of anyone happy we picked up Orton. :doh!:

Shit... by that logic, why not just forefit the rest of the season so we don't risk injury to DJ, or Tamba?

No, I don't want Cassel anywhere near this team. That does not mean that we should tank the season for draft position. In my honest opinion, anyone who cheers for a shitty season strictly for draft position is a shitty "fan".

Give Stanzi a full offseason to work with the team and take snaps with the starters but no need to throw the kid to the wolves if we don't have to. Let him have the benefit of a full season on the shelf watching film and getting acclimated to the speed of the NFL. I hope that Stanzi is given a chance to win the starting spot next season but to just put him out there before he is ready is plain dumb.

Many a starting QB in the league sat a year, or more, before getting their shot. Stanzi should get the same treatment.

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 01:14 PM
While I agree that this is the best way for short term success, for a team in need of a franchise quarterback to have any chance at REAL success it is very much counterproductive in that respect.

I have to disagree. If Stanzi was ready to play this season, he would have started ahead of Palko. The fact he didn't speaks to the fact that he is not ready yet. Orton is a stop gap for the remainder of the season and nothing more.

Let Stanzi get the benefit of studying and acclimating to the NFL and then give him a shot next season. No reason to rush him into the spotlight in a season where we are likely not going anywhere.

My hope is that going into next year, we have Orton, Stanzi and a first round QB as our three QBs.

THIS though I completely agree with.

bevischief
11-24-2011, 01:41 PM
He won't start this week maybe a backup but no more.

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Do the Chiefs put Orton in this week after Palko's third interception just to get the new era underway?

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=434621&t=o

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 01:48 PM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=434621&t=o

I don't get the .gif

Gonzo
11-24-2011, 02:01 PM
The Orton ERA????

Fuck, I hope not. This in itself is a depressing proposal. I truly hope they get a draft pick for him at the end of the year and move forward.

However....
We all know in the deep recesses of our brains that Cassel will be back next year and they won't draft a qb if they get that chance. This club is sold on washed-up has been's or never will be's. The only time they lucked out was with Green. Even then, the offense was so powerful that just about any QB would have had some damn good years here. We will likely never see them draft a 1st round QB, ever.

Is Orton better than Cassel? Yes, (slightly).
But then again, who isn't? (Besides Palko)
Orton has a better arm but the same brain. Cassel is a better competitor but he's and idiot.
What are you gonna do? Just go with it.
You see, being a Chiefs fan is like being date-raped. You can fight and fight but its going to happen so what do you do? Lay there, somewhat numb and let your mind wander away back to when this club gave a shit about their fans. You know? Before Lamar died.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM

WTF is Stanzi gonna learn being inactive for the rest of the season? Picking up Orton only stunts his development. Its a crutch. At very minimum, if you're afraid of putting him in there against good defenses, he should start the last three games. I don't buy any of this crap that Stanzi is behind Palko because he's being outplayed. He's behind Palko because Palko knows the system better since there was no real training camp. By this time Stanzi should have a clue of what's going on. This team should be playing for the future now. They are not going to win the division with Orton. Is Palko the future? IMO he should be cut after the next game.

Slainte
11-24-2011, 02:13 PM
You see, being a Chiefs fan is like being date-raped. You can fight and fight but its going to happen so what do you do? Lay there, somewhat numb and let your mind wander away back to when this club gave a shit about their fans. You know? Before Lamar died.

You mean if QB carousels are inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it?

Gonzo
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
You mean if QB carousels are inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it?
Enjoy it? No...
Accept it? Probably going to have to.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 02:46 PM
You're forgetting that we have morons in Kansas City that still think Cassel is a golden god and there are a lot of them.

Orton throws 3 picks and you not only re-energize that group of losers, you probably bring out the boo birds.

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 02:48 PM
WTF is Stanzi gonna learn being inactive for the rest of the season? Picking up Orton only stunts his development. Its a crutch. At very minimum, if you're afraid of putting him in there against good defenses, he should start the last three games. I don't buy any of this crap that Stanzi is behind Palko because he's being outplayed. He's behind Palko because Palko knows the system better since there was no real training camp. By this time Stanzi should have a clue of what's going on. This team should be playing for the future now. They are not going to win the division with Orton. Is Palko the future? IMO he should be cut after the next game.

Right now, there are a lot of fans convinced that the problem is as much the head coach as the QB.

I believe Haley was severely handcuffed because the QB sucked.

We're seeing it in Miami. Think Sparano is still going to get fired?

I like the Orton move because by end of year, I think it will show taht Haley can coach a good team if he has an average QB.

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Oh, I don't know. Maybe he is working with Zorn on mechanics, learning how to read NFL defenses, working on timing with pro receivers.

If he was ready, he would have been out there against the Patriots. He wasn't so that likely means that they don't feel he is ready.

I don't know what to tell you man... I would rather see Stanzi out competing for the starting gig next season vs putting him out there to fail right now. We both know Palko isn't the future of the franchise... I sincerely doubt that Orton is. That does not necessarily equal to start Stanzi now if he isn't ready to start.

Crush
11-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't get the .gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9KyBdPeKHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whoman69
11-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Right now, there are a lot of fans convinced that the problem is as much the head coach as the QB.

I believe Haley was severely handcuffed because the QB sucked.

We're seeing it in Miami. Think Sparano is still going to get fired?

I like the Orton move because by end of year, I think it will show taht Haley can coach a good team if he has an average QB.

I do still think Sparano gets fired. I think Cassel is a slightly below average QB despite his numbers last year. Orton will probably not play at all this week. The only game I see him giving us a chance to win in our murderer's row path is New York. The division games are both up for grabs. At best they can be 7-9 which puts us in a mediocre drafting position and out of the running for a chance at a franchise QB. I'd rather build the team for the future by seeing what Stanzi has even if potentially we have less wins. We aren't winning the division.

whoman69
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh, I don't know. Maybe he is working with Zorn on mechanics, learning how to read NFL defenses, working on timing with pro receivers.

If he was ready, he would have been out there against the Patriots. He wasn't so that likely means that they don't feel he is ready.

I don't know what to tell you man... I would rather see Stanzi out competing for the starting gig next season vs putting him out there to fail right now. We both know Palko isn't the future of the franchise... I sincerely doubt that Orton is. That does not necessarily equal to start Stanzi now if he isn't ready to start.

Zorn can't do that now. He's got to work extra time to get Palko ready for Pittsburg and then bringing Orton up to speed. The QB coach doesn't have a lot of time during the season to work with a QB who is going to be on the inactive roster again. I think they're babying Stanzi too much, putting him as #3 just because he's a rookie. There is no way in hell that someone could look at Palko and look at Stanzi throw the ball and determine Stanzi isn't better.

Let's move this forward then. You have Orton who you don't believe in. You have Cassel who you don't believe in. You have a young QB but you're not sure about him because he never got on the field. Responsibly you have to draft a QB or bring in someone that can move right in. Orton makes it less likely we can draft the QB we need. You may just have to re-sign Orton at that point and go with him.

pr_capone
11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Zorn can't do that now. He's got to work extra time to get Palko ready for Pittsburg and then bringing Orton up to speed. The QB coach doesn't have a lot of time during the season to work with a QB who is going to be on the inactive roster again. I think they're babying Stanzi too much, putting him as #3 just because he's a rookie. There is no way in hell that someone could look at Palko and look at Stanzi throw the ball and determine Stanzi isn't better.

It isn't about who is better... it is about who is ready. I never said Palko was better. In fact, I don't think he should be on the team next season.

Let's move this forward then. You have Orton who you don't believe in. You have Cassel who you don't believe in. You have a young QB but you're not sure about him because he never got on the field. Responsibly you have to draft a QB or bring in someone that can move right in. Orton makes it less likely we can draft the QB we need. You may just have to re-sign Orton at that point and go with him.

As stated earlier, I would like to see the QB corps for the Chiefs as follows:

1st rd pick, Orton, Stanzi.

Let them duke it out and see what shakes loose for next season. Again, there is a reason why the team has decided to not play Stanzi. I'd rather him come in fully prepared to compete for the starting job as opposed to wrecking any confidence by chucking him into a game he is not ready for.

Had the Chiefs not put a claim in on Orton then I would be all for Stanzi getting the nod... but only because Palko gives us ZERO chance to win. That is simply not the case with Orton. If you would rather play for draft position... then I am sure as shit glad that you don't get to make the depth chart for the team.

orange
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Well, Palko is holding up his end of it. Too bad Orton's inactive. :doh!: