PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: For desperate Chiefs, Kyle Orton move a 'no-brainer'

Tribal Warfare
11-24-2011, 10:20 PM
For desperate Chiefs, Kyle Orton move a 'no-brainer' (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/24/3284463/kyle-orton-was-the-chiefs-only.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

As the Chiefs searched for an available quarterback who could help them salvage their season, there was really only one option. Kyle Orton was a veteran starter who had won a lot of games and, at 29, still should have some good football left in him.

So when Orton fell into their laps this week when the Broncos placed him on waivers, it wasn’t a difficult decision for the Chiefs to claim him.

“It was kind of a no-brainer for us with the situation we were in, first and foremost from a depth standpoint,’’ coach Todd Haley said. “Once the decision was made that Matt (Cassel) was going to be lost for the season, there was no other option as far as we could see.’’

Orton didn’t arrive in Kansas City in time to practice with his teammates Thursday. Haley, who said he had spoken with Orton over the phone, indicated Orton would join the Chiefs today.

“He had a couple personal things he had to attend to,’’ Haley said.

Haley said Tyler Palko would start Sunday night’s game against Pittsburgh at Arrowhead Stadium but said Orton could be available as a backup.

Orton could be ready to start the Dec. 4 game against the Bears in Chicago.

“Our goal will be to assimilate him as quickly as possible into our system,’’ offensive coordinator Bill Muir said. “We’ll play the best person. If he can help us win a football game . . . then he’ll be the starting quarterback.’’

Orton delivered some uneven performances as a starter over the years, one reason why the Bears and the Broncos have given up on him in recent years. But he’s had some big games, none better than a 296-yard, four-touchdown showing against the Chiefs last season .

“He’s been inconsistent,’’ Muir said. “But when he’s on, he’s been very good. Reference our game out there (last season). I hate to remember it. Lights out. He’s done that throughout his career.

“He’s an experienced quarterback. He’s got a strong arm. He would help any team.’’

Orton started 66 games with the Bears and Broncos over his six and a half NFL season. On that basis alone, it shouldn’t be long before he’s Kansas City’s starter. The Chiefs’ other two quarterbacks, Palko and rookie Ricky Stanzi, have one career start between them.

Haley, mindful of the upcoming game against Pittsburgh, wasn’t ready to go there.

“It will depend on Tyler,’’ he said. “He’s worked hard. He understands the offense. There’s a lot to be encouraged about. I’m excited to see the progression here Sunday night.

“(Orton is) a smart guy. I was very clear to him about where he was coming and what he was coming into. Tyler is the starter but the guy that gives us the best chance to win will always play at any position. Tyler understands that and every other position understands that.’’

SNR
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Murdering Teicher and his family is also a no-brainer

ChiefsrGood
11-24-2011, 10:27 PM

:spock:

Epic Fail 007
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM

real mature comment ass wipe wtf is wrong with you

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM

HOW DARE YOU

SNR
11-24-2011, 11:00 PM
HOW DARE YOU
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-orange-kitten-wants-forgiveness.jpg

Simply Red
11-24-2011, 11:15 PM

I can't believe this

Chiefs=Good
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-orange-kitten-wants-forgiveness.jpg

No, because your leg looks like some sort of weird stump thing. No offense.

TEX
11-25-2011, 12:21 AM
real mature comment ass wipe wtf is wrong with you

He's gone full retard...

SNR
11-25-2011, 12:28 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME

Count Zarth
11-25-2011, 03:49 AM
holding out for teicher/cassel murder suicide pact

Count Zarth
11-25-2011, 03:49 AM
PERFORM THE BLACK SACRAMENT SNR

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Further proof Chiefs don't want to play a rookie QB for the future. It's just win now and lose in the playoffs, as if Kyle Orton can get us there :rolleyes:.

Kyle Orton will be starting QB next year and we can forget about drafting a first round draft pick QB. Ignorant sons of biitches.

Stupid ass team with a stupid ass fan base. NO BALLS! No testicle structure what so ever.

Bringing in Orton and actually playing him does nothing NOTHING to build this team into a championship continder for years to come. He will get replaced by yet another retread rehash rejected from another team by next years end or the year after that. It never ends.

cabletech94
11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
i personally believe that all orton is, is backup to starter potential for the rest of the year. won't be re-signed, and the chefs get a sandwich pick. nothing risked, hopefully an extra pick.
probly won't turn out that way.

next year can't get here soon enough.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:06 AM

Unbelievable. Just.... I'm just at a loss for words.

notorious
11-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Kyle Orton will be starting QB next year and we can forget about drafting a first round draft pick QB.

As if there was any doubt.

Fuck this franchise.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
As if there was any doubt.

**** this franchise.

I'm going to buy an Orton jersey. That will ensure that he has a season if not career ending injury very soon or completely melt down and be out of the league within a couple years. (See: Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Eric Berry, et al)

MahiMike
11-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Further proof Chiefs don't want to play a rookie QB for the future. It's just win now and lose in the playoffs, as if Kyle Orton can get us there :rolleyes:.

Kyle Orton will be starting QB next year and we can forget about drafting a first round draft pick QB. Ignorant sons of biitches.

Stupid ass team with a stupid ass fan base. NO BALLS! No testicle structure what so ever.

Bringing in Orton and actually playing him does nothing NOTHING to build this team into a championship continder for years to come. He will get replaced by yet another retread rehash rejected from another team by next years end or the year after that. It never ends.

This. Exactly this. I've been posting the same. A good vet QB on the roster? Check. Drafting a QB in 2012 now? No way.

FishingRod
11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
I know this sounds crazy but, what if we drafted a QB in the first Round next year and let them learn from the bench for ½ season or even a full season and let Orton run the show for a while and then be the backup? Oh yeah, this is the Chiefs, never mind

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 08:09 AM
I find it funny that so many people think that Orton will be the starter next year. Oh, it could happen, but let's look at the situation.

#1) Orton is in the last year of his contract.
#2) Haley will be going into next season as a lame duck coach, if he isn't fired.
#3) Cassel is still under contract.

If Orton stays, the best case for him is probably competition with Cassel for the starting job under center.

And, I do expect them to draft a QB, 5th, 6th or 7th round guy, as usual. I could see them drafting one high if one falls to them unexpectedly.

I think it is funny that so many people have already put Orton as the starter next year without a contract and without the Chiefs organization distancing themselves from Cassel at all.

threebag02
11-25-2011, 08:19 AM
SensibleCasselFan the good thing about being all over cassels nutts is you don't have to wait in line.

FringeNC
11-25-2011, 08:25 AM
I find it funny that so many people think that Orton will be the starter next year. Oh, it could happen, but let's look at the situation.

#1) Orton is in the last year of his contract.
#2) Haley will be going into next season as a lame duck coach, if he isn't fired.
#3) Cassel is still under contract.

If Orton stays, the best case for him is probably competition with Cassel for the starting job under center.

And, I do expect them to draft a QB, 5th, 6th or 7th round guy, as usual. I could see them drafting one high if one falls to them unexpectedly.

I think it is funny that so many people have already put Orton as the starter next year without a contract and without the Chiefs organization distancing themselves from Cassel at all.

If Pioli still thinks Cassel is the answer, then we have to wait until Pioli is fired to have any hope. Pioli has made some bone-headed moves, but I'm not convinced he is stupid enough to go into 2012 with Cassel as the starter. Not sure Clark's accountant would approve, either.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 08:36 AM
If Pioli still thinks Cassel is the answer, then we have to wait until Pioli is fired to have any hope. Pioli has made some bone-headed moves, but I'm not convinced he is stupid enough to go into 2012 with Cassel as the starter. Not sure Clark's accountant would approve, either.

I wonder. I wonder if the Chiefs just think he is the best option right now.

I don't see them getting another vet in next year. I don't think Orton is an upgrade.

Even if the Chiefs draft one in the first round next year (pipe dream), I don't see him starting week 1.

I just haven't seen anything out of the Chiefs that tells me Cassel isn't the starter next year.

I can hope...but I am prepared to see his douchy face next to starting QB when the Chiefs take the field next year.

I would be more surprised if Haley is here than if Cassel is here.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 08:40 AM
SensibleCasselFan the good thing about being all over cassels nutts is you don't have to wait in line.

You mistake my take on reality for what I hope happens.

See, I was all over the lose for luck movement. I don't want Cassel as the starting QB.

However, I know that Orton isn't an upgrade and that the Chiefs still haven't done anything to telegraph that he won't be here.

So, it is funny that so many people are annoyed that Orton was brought in and will start next year and THAT is why the Chiefs won't draft a QB.

Heck, we don't even know that Orton will be on the team next year. This would have a little more legitmacy if Orton was not in the last year of his contract.

wazu
11-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Posting late at night, I'm guessing after a few beers and rushing to be first in with a Teicher dig, but dude...

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2011, 09:01 AM
I wonder. I wonder if the Chiefs just think he is the best option right now.

I don't see them getting another vet in next year. I don't think Orton is an upgrade.

Even if the Chiefs draft one in the first round next year (pipe dream), I don't see him starting week 1.

I just haven't seen anything out of the Chiefs that tells me Cassel isn't the starter next year.

I can hope...but I am prepared to see his douchy face next to starting QB when the Chiefs take the field next year.

I would be more surprised if Haley is here than if Cassel is here.

Orton is an upgrade. No matter how many times you try to shout it.

He's not a franchise QB. But he's better than Cassel. Anyone who has watched game tape, and doesn't stare at the stat sheet, sees it as clear as day.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 09:33 AM

He's not a franchise QB. But he's better than Cassel. Anyone who has watched his highlights, and doesn't stare at the stat sheet, sees it as clear as day.

FYP.

BoneKrusher
11-25-2011, 09:43 AM

He's not a franchise QB. But he's better than Cassel. Anyone who has watched game tape, and doesn't stare at the stat sheet, sees it as clear as day.

Orton's an Upgrade over Cassel even if he just stands on the sideline. ROFL

Kerberos
11-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton should be just what we need to get us back in the AFCW race. :rolleyes:

Gawdammit if he is good enough for BlowMo to think he can take a team to the promise land then it must be true?

:LOL:

Of course he is no "Savior" (Jesus Tebow) but maybe he can bring some of that Christian MoJo from Denver to KC?

:spock:

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2011, 09:56 AM
FYP.

Here's what the game tape tells you:
-Accuracy to receivers: Cassel is consistently throwing the ball 5-10 yards away from the receiver and I have mainly seen him throw breadbasket throws. Orton is not terribly accurate, but significantly better than Cassel, and he does have the recognition to make most of the throws
-Deep throw: Cassel is horrible (any highlight is either going to a wide open receiver, a 10-15 yard throw that Bowe takes for 80, or a gimmick play). Cassel throws with way too much loft. Orton is average. Edge: Orton
-Arm strength: Cassel is average. Orton has a strong arm. Edge: Orton
-Catchable ball: Cassel throws a duck. Orton throws a tight spiral. Edge: Orton
-4th Quarter presence: Neither has proven to be great
-Blitz recognition: Cassel = 0. Orton, remains to be seen, but only has to be greater than 0
-Pocket presence: Cassel = 0. Orton, remains to be seen, but only has to be greater than 0
-Decision-making: Cassel = very poor. He has to get the call in from Haley and he is a primary read or dump-off guy. Orton isn't as good as I'd like to see, but he's significantly better
-Aggressiveness: Cassel has gotten grilled by Haley for constantly going to his check-down. Orton at least takes some chances.

The main reason I say "remains to be seen" is that Orton had better pure pass protectors. But then, maybe a lot of that was because of better blitz recognition too. We'll see.
Anyone who watches game tape knows that Cassel does not grade well on any real dimension.

SNR
11-25-2011, 10:02 AM
I apologize for fake threatening to murder Teicher and his family last night.

Next time I will opt for a far more tasteful "Get AIDS" or "die in a fire" to express my disappointment in Adam's articles.

Sincerely,
SNR

Rausch
11-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Whatever.

It's just like the discovery of Thigpen - it is what it is.

He was an excellent 3rd stringer.

I'd argue Orton is much better than C@$$#ole - yet not a franchise QB.

Orton (instant upgrade) = Old Kerry Collins...

MTG#10
11-25-2011, 10:11 AM
:spock:real mature comment ass wipe wtf is wrong with youHe's gone full retard...Unbelievable. Just.... I'm just at a loss for words.Posting late at night, I'm guessing after a few beers and rushing to be first in with a Teicher dig, but dude...
I cant believe all the butt-hurt people over that post. This place has lost its burst.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Desperate move by a failing GM and front office...

Reerun_KC
11-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Now we have to cut 3 QBs next season.

Rausch

He's a Bronco fan now.

Do what you will with him...

KC Tattoo
I cant believe so many of you got butt-hurt over that. This place has lost its burst.

I was going to do a QFT but changed my mind from the barashment that followed it.

cabletech94
11-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I apologize for fake threatening to murder Teicher and his family last night.

Next time I will opt for a far more tasteful "Get AIDS" or "die in a fire" to express my disappointment in Adam's articles.

Sincerely,
SNR

people thought you were serious? wow. i can't think of anything else to add.
really? thin skinned around the planet nowadays? sarcasm meters must be on the fritz.

snr, please, don't say anything about dr. pepper 10 being for men only. my god. the horror that could come of that.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Here's what the game tape tells you:
-Accuracy to receivers: Cassel is consistently throwing the ball 5-10 yards away from the receiver and I have mainly seen him throw breadbasket throws. Orton is not terribly accurate, but significantly better than Cassel, and he does have the recognition to make most of the throws
-Deep throw: Cassel is horrible (any highlight is either going to a wide open receiver, a 10-15 yard throw that Bowe takes for 80, or a gimmick play). Cassel throws with way too much loft. Orton is average. Edge: Orton
-Arm strength: Cassel is average. Orton has a strong arm. Edge: Orton
-Catchable ball: Cassel throws a duck. Orton throws a tight spiral. Edge: Orton
-4th Quarter presence: Neither has proven to be great
-Blitz recognition: Cassel = 0. Orton, remains to be seen, but only has to be greater than 0
-Pocket presence: Cassel = 0. Orton, remains to be seen, but only has to be greater than 0
-Decision-making: Cassel = very poor. He has to get the call in from Haley and he is a primary read or dump-off guy. Orton isn't as good as I'd like to see, but he's significantly better
-Aggressiveness: Cassel has gotten grilled by Haley for constantly going to his check-down. Orton at least takes some chances.

The main reason I say "remains to be seen" is that Orton had better pure pass protectors. But then, maybe a lot of that was because of better blitz recognition too. We'll see.
Anyone who watches game tape knows that Cassel does not grade well on any real dimension.

I love your use of 'game tape'. You don't get the game tape. You have never seen 'game tape'.

Orton's arm is probably stronger. That is about it as far as upgrades from Cassel.

I think it is funny that you assume that Haley is mad at Cassel for not taking chances. Where do you get this from?

Because, I see the complete opposite.

When the Chiefs were 0-3, Cassel just turned it loose and played well. The Chiefs defense looked good, and just played their assignments.

Chiefs get to 3-3 and we start to notice that the plays are taking forever to get into the QB. The Chiefs suddenly have something to play for and start to tighten up.

And, it was just as bad for the next two games. Defense gets out of position. Cassel plays scared. Playcalls are debated for just the 'right' one.

In NE, people saw a different team to start the game? Why? They went into the game and were just let play. For the most part, they got the plays in quickly. Haley even called the game himself.

Of course, on a third and one, second possesion.... the coaches take forever getting the play in and then it's Battle up the middle.

Now, I assume that Haley will allow Orton to play more freely. The Chiefs have little to lose. We'll see how that works out.

Micjones
11-25-2011, 10:19 AM
The move was a 'no brainer'. Orton is CLEARLY an upgrade over Palko.
And I think given his contract situation...I'm not sure he changes the FO's mind about drafting a QB come April (IF that was ever on their minds to begin with).

He oughta help this team win a couple games down the stretch. Our offense won't be completely handicapped like it was under Cassel. Winning 5 of 6 (likely what it'll take to claim the AFC-W Title) though? He ain't THAT good.

SNR
11-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I cant believe all the butt-hurt people over that post. This place has lost its burst.Nah dude, they're right on this one. The internet is a srs place.

Okie_Apparition
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
They might have dangled a "we won't tag you" carrot
to get him to report

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
This is just mind blowing to me. How far down a slump or cliff has the Chiefs fallen? Comparing Cassel & Orton. Fuck.

Okie_Apparition
11-25-2011, 10:29 AM
SNR's sister is a slut
& it's my turn
woooh

Rausch
11-25-2011, 10:34 AM
SNR's sister is a slut
& it's my turn
woooh

I wouldn't go that far.

But dinner and a date pretty much makes it a given...

vailpass
11-25-2011, 10:35 AM
"didn't report in time for practice Thursday...had a few personal things to take care of"
translated:
"fuck you, I'm spending Thanksgiving how I want to spend it and if you don't like it don't claim me"

SNR
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
SNR's sister is a slut
& it's my turn
wooohI AM YOUR WEATHERMAN

talastan
11-25-2011, 10:39 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/11/25/6be74209-3856-4817-8cd9-dd0078e27dfc.jpg

Carlota69
11-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Why are people comparing Orton and Cassel? Cassel is on IR and not going to play again this year. Orton is a FA after the season. The comparison is Orton and Palko. Orton is a HUGE upgrade. Period.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Why are people comparing Orton and Cassel? Cassel is on IR and not going to play again this year. Orton is a FA after the season. The comparison is Orton and Palko. Orton is a HUGE upgrade. Period.
Haven't you figured out that every thread is about Cassel around here?

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I cant believe all the butt-hurt people over that post. This place has lost its burst.

Well if it helps mine was a joke. Thought that was pretty clear.

Okie_Apparition
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Orton is actually from Iowa
Stanzi is from Ohio
O-h-i-o

Bob Dole
11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Haven't you figured out that every thread is about Cassel around here?

Are you confusing Cassel and Luck?

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Are you confusing Cassel and Luck?

This'll be the only time that happens.

boogblaster
11-25-2011, 11:44 AM
maybe its a sign ...

whoman69
11-25-2011, 12:01 PM

I concur that no brains were involved in this decision.

whoman69
11-25-2011, 12:07 PM

I don't think anyone really disputes that he is an upgrade over Palko. What is in issue is his future with the team. Does the signing of Orton mean this team will not be looking to develop a young QBotF?

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I love your use of 'game tape'. You don't get the game tape. You have never seen 'game tape'.
Watching games gives you enough to evaluate a QB for ability to execute the fundamentals. The "game tape" only gets you better views downfield. You see more than enough about how a QB handles a pocket, if there are more blitzers than blockers, if he's reading the hot route, and if he's throwing his passes on target. Cassel is horribly deficient in those areas. Orton is better, but some remains to be seen (but it's hard to imagine he can be much worse).

Orton's arm is probably stronger. That is about it as far as upgrades from Cassel.
I've already explained it below. Stronger arm, better accuracy, throws a tighter spiral, longer track record of results. And given Cassel's decision-making, pocket recognition, and ability to recognize the blitz/hot route, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't be at least a little better in those areas as well. Again, that's harder to gauge right now, since Orton's base pass protection was better. But what we have seen from Orton, he's better. He's a smarter, more seasoned QB.

I think it is funny that you assume that Haley is mad at Cassel for not taking chances. Where do you get this from?
It's an assumption. But it seems pretty clear that Haley has grilled Cassel on the sideline for checking down too soon. And I think it's interesting that a noodle-armed QB like Palko checked down a lot less than the guy with the better arm.

Because, I see the complete opposite.

When the Chiefs were 0-3, Cassel just turned it loose and played well. The Chiefs defense looked good, and just played their assignments.

Chiefs get to 3-3 and we start to notice that the plays are taking forever to get into the QB. The Chiefs suddenly have something to play for and start to tighten up.

And, it was just as bad for the next two games. Defense gets out of position. Cassel plays scared. Playcalls are debated for just the 'right' one.
You seem intent on blaming Cassel's recent struggles on getting the play in quickly. That's only been a problem for the first half of this season. It doesn't explain his recent struggles, when playcalls were being sent in in plenty of time. It doesn't explain 2009 struggles. It doesn't explain 2009 struggles, regardless of what his stat line looked like. Since 2009, we have asked for improvement in a few key areas: recognize his pocket, have awareness of the blitz/hot route, throw more accurately, go through his progressions, etc... I was encouraged because he did get better in all those areas, but the recent struggles showed that it didn't as much as we had thought. Don't act like this has anything to do with handcuffing Cassel and letting him loose. The Chiefs have let him loose in the past (2009-2010) and he shit his pants. The reason why he regressed the last few things had nothing to do with playcall timing. It had everything to do with inability to recognize the blitz. Go ahead and watch those games and watch how many blitzes the defense had more blitzers than blockers. That's fundamental for a QB.

In NE, people saw a different team to start the game? Why? They went into the game and were just let play. For the most part, they got the plays in quickly. Haley even called the game himself.

Of course, on a third and one, second possesion.... the coaches take forever getting the play in and then it's Battle up the middle.

Now, I assume that Haley will allow Orton to play more freely. The Chiefs have little to lose. We'll see how that works out.

In 2009-2010, you never saw Cassel command the huddle the way Palko did. Even when Weis was calling the shots. Cassel has demonstrated time and time again that the mental part of the game doesn't sink in fast enough. Which is a shame, because he obviously works hard at the game. Watching Aaron Rodgers, watch how he moves his blockers around, how he motions to his receivers to run a different route. In 3 years, you've never seen Cassel do those basic things. So don't feed this bullshit that Cassel has ever demonstrated that he's a legit NFL QB handcuffed by his coaching. The problem is that he is WAY too reliant on his coaching to get the playcall right, even if the defense is showing something entirely different.

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM

If the Chiefs actually play this right (I'm skeptical), a lot of good comes out of this. 1) You can trade Cassel for a decent pick. Maybe even get rid of Orton next year, and get compensation; 2) Today, if you cut Cassel, Bowe would never re-sign. Having Orton gives flexibility to get rid of Cassel when opportunity knocks; 3) If you play the rest of the season with Palko/Stanzi and they really struggle, Bowe, Carr, and all other free agents will never want to sign with a sinking ship. 4) We see once and for all if Haley handcuffed the QB, or if the QB handcuffed Haley. I believe it was the latter and if it was, Haley would get fired for a decision the GM screwed up on.

These are all big "if" statements.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM
If the Chiefs actually play this right (I'm skeptical), a lot of good comes out of this. 1) You can trade Cassel for a decent pick. Maybe even get rid of Orton next year, and get compensation; 2) Today, if you cut Cassel, Bowe would never re-sign. Having Orton gives flexibility to get rid of Cassel when opportunity knocks; 3) If you play the rest of the season with Palko/Stanzi and they really struggle, Bowe, Carr, and all other free agents will never want to sign with a sinking ship. 4) We see once and for all if Haley handcuffed the QB, or if the QB handcuffed Haley. I believe it was the latter and if it was, Haley would get fired for a decision the GM screwed up on.

Yeah, I gues there are really good reasons to grab Orton and really bad ones. I just pray it's the former.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-25-2011, 12:27 PM

That's how i see it as well, Haley probably begged Pioli to sign him up because Pioli probably said if you don't make the playoffs you're out of here.

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 12:28 PM

Rather have a GM with brains than no brains. Point made.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
That's how i see it as well, Haley probably begged Pioli to sign him up because Pioli probably said if you don't make the playoffs you're out of here.

You write for the Kansas City Star?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Don't ever affiliate me with those clowns, i'm my own.

Rausch
11-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Any HC would beg him to sign Orton...

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Any HC would beg him to sign Orton...

I was refering to his theory that Pioli had given him a playoff ulitmatum.

Ebolapox
11-25-2011, 01:10 PM
it's like upgrading from a yugo to an old VW bus, but it's still an upgrade.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-25-2011, 01:37 PM
2 minutes ago - by Bob Gretz - Haley: QB job is Palko's to lose
Coach Todd Haley said Tyler Palko will determine whether QB Kyle Orton gets into the starting lineup over the last six games. “I made that clear to Kyle; it will depend on Tyler,” Haley said. “He’s worked hard, he understands the offense, there was a lot to be encouraged about and I’m excited to see progression Sunday night.
All Chiefs RapidReports | All NFL RapidReports

Count Zarth
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Better throw 6 TDs, Tyler.

Epic Fail 007
11-25-2011, 01:42 PM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME

Your a sorry fuckin snot nose kid that has no respect.You need your fuckin ass kicked along with the other kids like you here.You a perfect example of whats wrong with the world today,people like you.

OnTheWarpath58
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Better throw 6 TDs, Tyler.

Based on the last three years, all it takes is about 170 yards to keep the QB1 job.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Your a sorry ****in snot nose kid that has no respect.You need your ****in ass kicked along with the other kids like you here.You a perfect example of whats wrong with the world today,people like you.

It's "you're".

Red Beans
11-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Your a sorry ****in snot nose kid that has no respect.You need your ****in ass kicked along with the other kids like you here.You a perfect example of whats wrong with the world today,people like you.

Clearly he's so pissed that grammar just gets tossed outta dah weendoh. You can literally see the rage though the misspelling.

Okie_Apparition
11-25-2011, 02:03 PM
CP SOP has not been Sanduskyed
in fact is was closer to a Favre sext

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-25-2011, 02:06 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

Still no sign of Kyle Orton at the Chiefs facility, at least while reporters were allowed in the locker room. No locker or jersey number yet

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

#Chiefs coach Todd Haley says Orton is at the facility, has spent his time being examined by team doctors. Expected to practice tonight.

SNR
11-25-2011, 03:04 PM
It would be funny if he wears #6.

The last piece of shit ex-Donk to wear that was Bubby Brister. He can follow in his footsteps

whoman69
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM

These are some big if statements. I don't see Bowe's future tied at the hip with Cassel. I wouldn't cut Cassel until March. Bowe's future may be tied to the fact that there is a legitimate QB on the roster or plan to draft one. He should know by now that Cassel in unable to get the ball where it needs to go for YAC or even for catches. We can franchise Bowe. Its true if the FAs see this as a sinking ship, they won't sign on. Frankly they should be more afraid if Cassel is back next year. I think we've already learned its the QB that handcuffed the franchise. He should be embarrassed as hell that a career journeyman that's never really played has a better grasp of protection than he does.

FAX
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM

We, the people of New Swabia, greet this information with confoundedness and bewilderment.

FAX

BossChief
11-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I wonder if we would have claimed Orton if Cassel was healthy.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I wonder if we would have claimed Orton if Cassel was healthy.

Who cares, you replace fail with fail and we end up failing...

milkman
11-26-2011, 10:08 AM

If either Haley or Pioli believe that bringing in Kyle Orton gives them a chance to make the playoffs this year, they are even bigger fucking morons than you are.

milkman
11-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Based on the last three years, all it takes is about 170 yards to keep the QB1 job.

Since when did the QB in this regime have to throw for 170 yards to keep his job?

Seems like 50 yards does it.

whoman69
11-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Since when did the QB in this regime have to throw for 170 yards to keep his job?

It almost seems like Cassel has pictures of Pioli in an embarrassing situation.

OnTheWarpath58
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM

I was trying to be nice.

LMAO

Chiefshrink
11-26-2011, 01:34 PM

BINGO!!!!:thumb:

He definitely is not the big sexy on paper but give him time and talent around him and he will utilize muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more efficiently and effectively than Cassel ever will. Stats can be deceiving and especially in this situation comparing to Cassel.

Chiefshrink
11-26-2011, 01:37 PM
If either Haley or Pioli believe that bringing in Kyle Orton gives them a chance to make the playoffs this year, they are even bigger ****ing morons than you are.

So at this point of the season you would rather get Stanzi going and "f" the season as opposed to signing Orton?

htismaqe
11-26-2011, 01:42 PM
So at this point of the season you would rather get Stanzi going and "f" the season as opposed to signing Orton?

The season is already "f'd".

Play Stanzi and build for the future. Anybody clinging to the idea that this season still has any hope has been fooled...

Reerun_KC
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Play Stanzi and build for the future. Anybody clinging to the idea that this season still has any hope has been fooled...

Thank you... Someone that actually gets it..

We need to know if Stanzi is a long term solution at the Backup position or not..

milkman
11-26-2011, 01:47 PM

Play Stanzi and build for the future. Anybody clinging to the idea that this season still has any hope is a fool...

FYP

milkman
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Thank you... Someone that actually gets it..

We need to know if Stanzi is a long term solution at the Backup position or not..

Seriously.

You think that no one else has gotten it?

You think that all the bicthing has been about Orton vs. Cassel.

This is why you are a moron of epic proportions.

I am running out of adjectives to describe your supreme idiocy.

SNR
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
It's been great having Parker around these past couple of days. Glad to see he's back :thumb:

Reerun_KC
11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Seriously.

I am running out of adjectives to describe your supreme idiocy.

Angry old man..

ROFL

milkman
11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
It's been great having Parker around these past couple of days. Glad to see he's back :thumb:

Yes, yes it has been.

SNR
11-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Seriously.

I am running out of adjectives to describe your supreme idiocy.I don't know about adjectives, but have you ever tried using the word "dumbass"? It's quite useful. Give it a shot. You might take to it.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know about adjectives, but have you ever tried using the word "dumbass"? It's quite useful. Give it a shot. You might take to it.

:LOL:

Well played...

milkman
11-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't know about adjectives, but have you ever tried using the word "dumbass"? It's quite useful. Give it a shot. You might take to it.

Dumbass is a noun, dumbass.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Dumbass is a noun, dumbass.

You need anger managment classes...

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 02:00 PM

I think too many people are clinging to the idea that Stanzi playing poorly has zero repercussions.

jspchief
11-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I think too many people are clinging to the idea that Stanzi playing poorly has zero repercussions.What are the repercussions?

Kerberos
11-26-2011, 02:13 PM

I was trying to be nice.

LMAO

[Quote] Milkman/Sidewinder: "That does not compute" "That does not compute" !

Okie_Apparition
11-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Kyle Orton move a "no-brainer"

Tombstone RJ
11-26-2011, 06:29 PM
as a Broncos fan that knows what Orton brings to the table I guess I understand why kc brought him in, kind of a desparation move by the team to make it appear they have not cashed the season in.

Fine, ok. The AFCW sucks bad enough that anything is possible.