PDA

View Full Version : Weather Anyone go Black Friday shopping?

luv
11-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Feel free to share any experiences.

Three or four years ago, I went with a friend to Target. Wasn't too bad of an experience, so I decided to participate in Black Friday this year. No Wal-Mart, no Target, no Best Buy, and no Mall. I went to Academy Sports. I had a friend call me at 1am to tell me people were in line when the drove buy. The store wasn't opening until 5am, so I was going to head that way at 3am. Instead, I got there at 1:30, and there were about 25 people in line. I waited in my car until more people started lining up. I froze my hiney off from 2:20am until 5am.

Two good things I got from this experience. One, Christmas shopping for dad is done. Two, I am reminded why I don't do this, so probably won't again.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've been up for 20 1/2 hours, and I have to take my mom out for lunch for her birthday before meeting friends to watch the LSU/Arkansas game. I'm going to bed!

Count Zarth
11-25-2011, 04:46 AM
A Black Friday thread and you didn't tell us what you bought.

Another Fucking Luv Thread

Bob Dole
11-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Bob Dole got cold standing in line at the bakery to get to BOGO monkey bread and just came back home.

BryanBusby
11-25-2011, 04:57 AM
I took a shit, put a xbox 360 bundle in my online shopping cart and F5'd WMs site until it went through. That took a whopping 5 minutes.

I celebrated by eating pie and watching people do stupid shit on TV.

Fruit Ninja
11-25-2011, 05:00 AM
imma order me a 360 from gamestop a bit later, 150 bucks. I need another, i hate moving the one i have from the living room to the bedroom for some family kinect. lol

cabletech94
11-25-2011, 05:41 AM
imma order me a 360 from gamestop a bit later, 150 bucks. I need another, i hate moving the one i have from the living room to the bedroom for some family kinect. lol

that's a great price!

dirk digler
11-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Last night was my first time going early Black Friday shopping. Went with the woman to the local Walmart at 10PM. Even in our small town it was a fucking mad house. I was one of about hundred standing around the $10 video games and at 10PM they were like fucking vultures ripping shit and just reaching for anything just to get 1 game. Funny thing is I waited and got lucky got the last game that I wanted and I didn't even have to act like madman.

The woman was standing by the $1 bath towels and she said women were literally diving into the boxes head first to get the towels.

people are just fucking crazy :shake:

Stewie
11-25-2011, 07:29 AM
For a $2 waffle maker. People are stupid.

<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=QM7T7&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

OnTheWarpath58
11-25-2011, 07:31 AM
I just read a story where some dumb bitch used pepper spray on the crowd so she could get what she wanted.

TinyEvel
11-25-2011, 07:31 AM
In Soviet Russia, door bust you!

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Just another day in LA...

Customers hit by pepper spray at Wal-Mart describe scene of chaos

November 25, 2011 | 2:26 am 84470Matthew Lopez went to the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch on Thursday night for the Black Friday sale but instead was caught in a pepper-spray attack by a woman who authorities said was "competitive shopping."

Lopez described a chaotic scene in the San Fernando Valley store among shoppers looking for video games soon after the sale began.

"I heard screaming and I heard yelling," said Lopez, 18. "Moments later, my throat stung. I was coughing really bad and watering up."

Lopez said customers were already in the store when a whistle signaled the start of the Black Friday sale at 10 p.m., sending shoppers hurtling in search of deeply discounted items.

Lopez said that by the time he arrived at the video games, the display had been torn down. Employees attempted to hold back the scrum of shoppers and pick up merchandise even as customers trampled the video games and DVDs strewn on the floor.

"It was absolutely crazy," he said.

Another customer said screams erupted after about 100 people waiting in line to snag Xbox gaming consoles and Wii video games got into a shoving match.

Alejandra Seminario, 24, said she was waiting in line to grab some toys at the store around 9:55 p.m. when people the next aisle over started shouting and ripping at the plastic wrap encasing gaming consoles, which was supposed to be opened at 10 p.m.

"People started screaming, pulling and pushing each other, and then the whole area filled up with pepper spray," the Sylmar resident said. "I guess what triggered it was people started pulling the plastic off the pallets and then shoving and bombarding the display of games. It started with people pushing and screaming because they were getting shoved onto the boxes."

The pepper spray wafted through the air, Seminario said, and she breathed some in and started coughing. Her face also started itching.

"I did not want to get involved. I was too scared. I just stayed in the toy aisle," she said.

By the time she and her husband, 27-year-old Cesar Seminario, got to the cash register 20 minutes later with a Wii gaming console and some Barbie dolls, the air was still smelling of pepper spray, she said.

Wal-Mart employees were taking statements near the front of the store from about eight customers who had been pepper-sprayed, Seminario said. "After we paid, we saw five that were in really bad shape," she said. "They had been sprayed in the face, it looked like, and they had swelling of the face, really extreme swelling of face, redness, coughing."

Nakeasha Contreras, 20, of North Hollywood, said she arrived at midnight and hadn't heard what happened. Even if she had, she said, she wouldn't have minded: "I don't care. I'm still getting my TV. I've never seen Wal-Mart so crazy, but I guess it could have been worse."

Joseph Poulose, who said he was hit with the spray near the DVD and video games display, criticized the store for failing to control the crowds.

"There were way too many people in a building that size. Every aisle was full," he said. Customers were stomping on photo frames and other items on the floor, said Poulose, who tried to protect his pregnant wife from the throng of shoppers inside.

"It was definitely the worst Black Friday Iíve ever experienced," he said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/at-wal-mart-pepper-spray-attack-triggered-chaos-screaming.html

redgoldexpress
11-25-2011, 07:34 AM
at the wal-mart on 39th st. and 291 in Independence I heard someone was stabbed over a trampoline. at the one on 40 hwy where blue ridge mall used to be they were fighting over video games and a 20 dollar printer.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:34 AM

<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=QM7T7&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Fat blue shirt girl should be checking out good deals on belts. Strong ones.

Bwana
11-25-2011, 07:35 AM

<IFRAME class=twitvid-player title="Twitvid video player" height=360 src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=QM7T7&autoplay=0" frameBorder=0 width=480 type="text/html"></IFRAME>

LMAO

Good God!

There are a few in there that would make the "best of Walmart" page.

Check out the ditch pig with her pants falling off, that managed to grab 3 or 4 of those things.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
LMAO

Good God!

There are a few in there that would make the "best of Walmart" page.

Check out the ditch pig with her pants falling off, that managed to grab 3 or 4 of those things.

Yep. She's the star of the show for sure.

rockymtnchief
11-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Today is the one day of the year that Federal Law allows all women to be bat shit insane without fear of prosecution. Not only do I not shop, I leave my vehicles off the roads and front yard.

JD10367
11-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I think we should use these Black Friday shopping mobs as a way to thin the herd. Tell them there's an amazing deal on stuff, let 'em line up, and when they all burst through the door they find it was actually an opening in a wall with a 500 foot drop to the ground.

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 07:41 AM
**** NO! Not stepping out doors today.

Last year at Hellmarts, with agonizing back pain, I just wanted to get a jug of milk. They had all the groc iles blocked off with huge lines. So damnet Carl to hell couldn't get milk. I was hurting but still managed for a bit to get around and see what the big deal was with all these zombie shoppers. I stopped & while holding onto my empty shopping cart, couldn't get around any body. Then GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY flippin back BAMM some jack off runs right into me with his shopping cart *UUCK it hurt sumbitch. Really asshole. Not a sorry or my bad. ****ing douchbag.

Back pain sucks. Going to Hellmarts on black friday was just dumbassery on my part. Wasn't even thinking about black friday just wanted to get milk.

dirk digler
11-25-2011, 07:42 AM

That looks exactly like what I experienced last night

Bwana
11-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Today is the one day of the year that Federal Law allows all women to be bat shit insane without fear of prosecution. Not only do I not shop, I leave my vehicles off the roads and front yard.

No kidding, with the S&W 500 within reach! :evil:

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 07:47 AM
I would literally pay twice as much for my Christmas presents rather than fight these insane crowds. The fact is, though, that with a lot of internet vendors having great sales to compete, I won't have to. I don't do any Christmas shopping in the stores if I can avoid it.

rockymtnchief
11-25-2011, 07:49 AM
No kidding, with the S&W 500 within reach! :evil:

Hell yes! Those rounds you gave me will go through 7 or 8 zombie shoppers at a time.

MahiMike
11-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Velkum to Rosha!

evolve27
11-25-2011, 07:51 AM
I went to Walmart this morning and nobody was hardly there shopping crazily. I bought some shaving gel and air freshener.

Bwana
11-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Hell yes! Those rounds you gave me will go through 7 or 8 zombie shoppers at a time.

Yeah, those rounds will go through about anything. :thumb:

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Last year at Hellmarts, with agonizing back pain, I just wanted to get a jug of milk. They had all the groc iles blocked off with huge lines. So damnet Carl to hell couldn't get milk. I was hurting but still managed for a bit to get around and see what the big deal was with all these zombie shoppers. I stopped & while holding onto my empty shopping cart, couldn't get around any body. Then GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY flippin back BAMM some jack off runs right into me with his shopping cart *UUCK it hurt sumbitch. Really asshole. Not a sorry or my bad. ****ing douchbag.

Back pain sucks. Going to Hellmarts on black friday was just dumbassery on my part. Wasn't even thinking about black friday just wanted to get milk.

Guess I'm a lier about not going out. The hot chick that live in upstares appartment ask me to take her. Wish me luck. Gittity gittity...

seclark
11-25-2011, 08:01 AM
hell no. i came to work.

the wife and daughter left at about 7:30 last night so they could drive 3 hours to some mall around the lake of the ozarks. fuck that.

they finished up down there and drove back through como to shop some more. fuck that.

she just called and said they were back home. they're gonna sleep a few hours, then start hanging up Christmas lights on the house. fuck that.

Merry Christmas.
sec

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:14 AM

This damn waffle maker is only 9 bucks any other time of the year, look at the butt crack on the fat chick

http://i43.tinypic.com/az9d3.jpg

JD10367
11-25-2011, 08:15 AM
I went to Walmart this morning and nobody was hardly there shopping crazily. I bought some shaving gel and air freshener.

Not for nothing, dude, but your Christmas present selection sucks ass.

JD10367
11-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Guess I'm a lier about not going out. The hot chick that live in upstares appartment ask me to take her. Wish me luck. Gittity gittity...

Not what she meant, dumbass.

::: knock on Tattoo's door, he opens it :::
::: hot upstairs neighbor in skimpy clothing :::
"Take me, Tattoo! Take me now!"
"Uhhh... okay, but I hate Black Friday shopping so I'll wait in the car."

:D

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Not what she meant, dumbass.

::: knock on Tattoo's door, he opens it :::
::: hot upstairs neighbor in skimpy clothing :::
"Take me, Tattoo! Take me now!"
"Uhhh... okay, but I hate Black Friday shopping so I'll wait in the car."

:D

LMAO I'm a smuck

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:25 AM
LMAO I'm a smuck

It's that sexy tattoo on the cheek of your ass that did it for her

DaFace
11-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Black Friday is the manifestation of many things that are wrong with our country.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Black Friday is the manifestation of many things that are wrong with our country.

Black Friday I can handle. Calling yesterday Black Thursday is what I can't fucking believe.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Indeed. What I don't understand is why retailers encourage people trashing and committing felonies in their stores. It's not like they're making any money of off a $2 waffle maker.

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Absolutely #1 thing = Greed

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Support America, go buy some 2 dollar piece of shit from China and cut the throat of your fellow American workers.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Indeed. What I don't understand is why retailers encourage people trashing and committing felonies in their stores. It's not like they're making any money of off a $2 waffle maker.

I imagine that's just one of those seemingly amazing deals to get people in the door where they can buy a bunch of other crap. I doubt many people fight the crowds and all to grab a $2 waffle maker and go home.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Support America, go buy some 2 dollar piece of shit from China and cut the throat of your fellow American workers.

Are you going out for "Small business Saturday" or whatever?

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:40 AM
I imagine that's just one of those seemingly amazing deals to get people in the door where they can buy a bunch of other crap. I doubt many people fight the crowds and all to grab a $2 waffle maker and go home.

Walmart got sued for buying stuff at one time and actually selling it cheaper than they paid for it....

That's why gas stations sell 2 liter cokes for 99cts , so you will buy a 4 dollar bag of chips to go with it..

I worked for Coke in the middle 80's and a customer had to pay 87 cents each for a 2 liter then to sell for 99 cts and they had to buy 1000 cases to get that price.

jspchief
11-25-2011, 08:41 AM

It's just a matter of time before some court finds a retailer negligent for fostering this atmosphere. Then the lawsuits will rain down and put an end to this stupidity.

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Are you going out for "Small business Saturday" or whatever?

I support small business America everyday because once the Walmarts price the little guys out they can then charge anything they want and nothing can be done about it then.

Walmart gets very little money from me, I am not going to say I buy nothing from them but I live a half mile away from one and I have probably been in there 3 times this year.

Mr. Plow
11-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Black Friday I can handle. Calling yesterday Black Thursday is what I can't fucking believe.

And next year, the deals will start on Wednesday and run through the weekend. And before long, everything will start the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Bwana
So, didn't someone die last year at Walmart, from being trampled? Perhaps someone needs to start a Black Friday, death watch thread.

From what I'm able to tell, this year we have seen people go full retard, some old hide nailing fellow crazy people with pepper spray, a few donnybrooks at the checkout counter, but no one has hit the dirt nap list.....yet.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Meh, I'm not so sure about that. And any other crap they happen to buy is probably stuff that they were eventually going to buy anyway.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I support small business America everyday because once the Walmarts price the little guys out they can then charge anything they want and nothing can be done about it then.

Walmart gets very little money from me, I am not going to say I buy nothing from them but I live a half mile away from one and I have probably been in there 3 times this year.

I try to use small businesses around my apartment complex when I can, but for Christmas presents, it just doesn't work. I do almost all of my shopping online for Christmas and smaller online retailers just charge too much for shipping. It would probably increase my spending by %50 or more. Amamzon prime is just too nice to have.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I never go out. I stayed up until midnight for online sales, playing my NCAA dynasty to bide the time. I got a hell of a deal on a golf club, and bought some gifts for others, including a PS3 bundle, wireless router, digital camera.

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 08:48 AM
So, didn't someone die last year at Walmart, from being trampled? Perhaps someone needs to start a Black Friday, death watch thread.

From what I'm able to tell, this year we have seen people go full retard, some old hide nailing fellow crazy people with pepper spray, a few donnybrooks at the checkout counter, but no one has hit the dirt nap list.....yet.

I wanted to keel the sumbitch that ran into me with his shopping cart last year. If I wasn't in so much agony at the time I would have decked him. Couldn't bring my arm up to make a swing tho.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd rather have my eyes gouged with white hot pokers than shop any other day of the year so there's no way in hell I'll ever go out on black Friday. No one needs anything for anyone that bad in my world.

By the way, black Friday is racist.

jspchief
11-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Who the fuck needs a waffle maker anyway? If you're the waffle-making type, you already own one. If not, its unlikely the lack of the waffle maker is what's holding you back.

Fuck anyone that gives waffle makers as gifts.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I would like a waffle maker though if anyone else is shopping.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Who the fuck needs a waffle maker anyway? If you're the waffle-making type, you already own one. If not, its unlikely the lack of the waffle maker is what's holding you back.

Fuck anyone that gives waffle makers as gifts.
BUT IT'S A GOOD DEAL!

Spott
11-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I would like a waffle maker though if anyone else is shopping.

I got one for Christmas last year but haven't had any waffles yet. I tried using pancake batter in there and soon found that it doesn't work that way. This year I'm going to ask for waffle batter.

Munson
11-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I had planned on doing some early morning Black Friday shopping for the first time. But when my alarm went off at 3 am, I said "f*ck it" and went back to bed. I'll just check out some online deals instead.

Bob Dole
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
I got one for Christmas last year but haven't had any waffles yet. I tried using pancake batter in there and soon found that it doesn't work that way. This year I'm going to ask for waffle batter.

Ingredients

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-25-2011, 09:33 AM

I must admit I didn't realize there was really a difference. That's good to know for when I get one.

Detoxing
Did the midnight thing last night.

Yeah.

Never. Ever. Doing that again.

memyselfI
Only online. Might have paid 10% more but had no lines, no trampling, no hassles, no idiot morons, or no lost sleep to deal with. Bought everything I've wanted at the stores online.

DaKCMan AP
11-25-2011, 09:45 AM
My yoga studio had a deal for 50% off a 1-year unlimited membership so I bought that online. Works out to $22.50/mo for unlimited attendance. Crazy cheap. Awesome.

Predarat
11-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Fat blue shirt girl should be checking out good deals on belts. Strong ones.

That dude was groping her. Nasty.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-25-2011, 09:59 AM

You have a very limited view of economics.

#1) The importing of cheaper alternatives to american made products actually helps the entire nation live well above where they would if we had to buy products made here by overpriced labor.

#2) Walmart will run many small businesses out of the market, but there is so much competition from stores like Target and Kmart, that it is moronic to think there will ever be a time that they can 'charge anything'. Additionally, websites like Amazon, and dollar stores further drive down the margins.

Now, if you want to keep manufacturing in the US, then you should adopt the fair tax, and eliminate corporate income taxes.

Cuz...newsflash.... the corporations aren't actually paying taxes. Those taxes come out of the pockets of the consumer, or the people who work for the company.

58kcfan89
11-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I did the WalMart thing last year. Didn't really have anything I needed, but my cousin wanted to grab a few things & I decided to go with him. Bad idea.

DVD/Blu-Ray rack was completely empty at about 12:10. Kids & adults were fighting for position with each other at the video game rack and the TV and laptop area was fucking insane. So yeah, I'm not doing that again.

And I'm curious to know how many of these people are actually doing Christmas shopping and how many are just getting shit for themselves...

I'm pretty damn happy our family decided against giving any presents this year. Eliminates the need to spend the time & money freaking out over what to get anyone. Plus, that jackass cousin who only shows up with the family once per year at Christmas to get his presents before he leaves won't show up. Fuck yeah.

luv
11-25-2011, 11:32 AM
A Black Friday thread and you didn't tell us what you bought.

Another ****ing Luv Thread

Dad's been lurking. I went shopping for him.

Bob Dole
11-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Bob Dole is about to head out for some Black Friday Drinking. Does that count?

jspchief
11-25-2011, 11:37 AM
My yoga studio....

Know how I know you're gay?

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Got to Target at 10 last night they opened at midnight. Brought chairs, Ipad, and drinks wasn't bad at all. Got beats by dre head phones for 140 (50 dollars off with my gift card that I got awhile ago) They sell for 285 online I believe.

Pants
11-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Woke up at 10, at work at 11, bought a 23" Samsung SyncMaster monitor for $129 from my office chair at 12. That's my Black Friday story.

luv
11-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I heard some stories from a couple of people in line behind me that had gone to the earlier sales. From what they said, most places had organized chaos. Target only let 60 people in at a time, etc. A guy in line was reading something on his phone about a few people getting physical over people letting people cut in line at Gordman's but that's about it. Of course, I slept from 6-10:30 this morning, and just went to lunch with my mom, so I haven't seen or heard any newscasts.

bevischief
11-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Bob Dole is about to head out for some Black Friday Drinking. Does that count?

Sure it does.:BLVD: I will doing that here in a few hours...

bevischief
11-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I bought a wireless router from TigerDirect for $15.

luv
11-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Also, the guy behind me in line said that he was about 200th in line at Best Buy. He went in, got the tv he wanted, and was out within about 20 minutes. He was 200th in line and was able to still get the items that were available to those dumb fucks who camped out since Monday. LMAO

bevischief
11-25-2011, 11:45 AM
My mom and I used to go but we never went out before 6am and usually we had all the shopping for everyone done.

notorious
11-25-2011, 11:50 AM
When you figure up how much time people put into waiting outside, they are actually getting ripped off.

sd4chiefs
11-25-2011, 11:53 AM
You can get this at Macy's but you need to hurry before they are all gone.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/justin-bieber-someday-gift-set-a-macys-exclusive?ID=629337&CategoryID=56185#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D57%26slotId%3D1

bevischief
11-25-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem2871pink.asp?cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001-_-email_wem2871pink

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm gathering that black Friday shopping is really a girl thing. Although my 4 best friends who are girls replied "hell no" when I texted to ask them if they where shopping today. This tells me I've chosen my close friends well.

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 12:05 PM
You have a very limited view of economics.

#1) The importing of cheaper alternatives to american made products actually helps the entire nation live well above where they would if we had to buy products made here by overpriced labor.

#2) Walmart will run many small businesses out of the market, but there is so much competition from stores like Target and Kmart, that it is moronic to think there will ever be a time that they can 'charge anything'. Additionally, websites like Amazon, and dollar stores further drive down the margins.

Now, if you want to keep manufacturing in the US, then you should adopt the fair tax, and eliminate corporate income taxes.

Cuz...newsflash.... the corporations aren't actually paying taxes. Those taxes come out of the pockets of the consumer, or the people who work for the company.

Red ones I disagree with
Importing anything is fine as long as they pay the same tariffs to get their stuff here that we do to get ours there.

Go look at a Walmart parking lot at 1pm, they don't really have any competition

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 12:10 PM
When you figure up how much time people put into waiting outside, they are actually getting ripped off.

Most of these people probably just dragged their tents over from the nearest Occupy camp. They didn't have much goin on anyway.

luv
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Most of these people probably just dragged their tents over from the nearest Occupy camp. They didn't have much goin on anyway.

People here had to take them down. No camping on property zoned for retail.

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM

They are probably mad because they were not offered something free.

Guru
11-25-2011, 01:10 PM

brilliant

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 01:18 PM
People here had to take them down. No camping on property zoned for retail.

Should have vlaimed it was their constitutional right to protest high prices. They could have stayed there all month.

Stewie
11-25-2011, 02:23 PM
My yoga studio had a deal for 50% off a 1-year unlimited membership so I bought that online. Works out to $22.50/mo for unlimited attendance. Crazy cheap. Awesome.

I read a few of your posts and your persona is really odd. Do you only follow the trendy stuff that some prof/woman vomits into your brain? Do you think some hot chick will pay attention to you in yoga? Yoga? Really? Self-centered much? Try coed volleyball. If you can't find a women among the hundreds there then I understand your infatuation with yoga. That dude is hot!

58-4ever
11-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Started about 10AM... this morning and a lot of the stores still had their big items available. For instance, Target still had the big TV, Best Buy still had their 55 inch LED for 999. The only thing we ended up buying was a few toys for my daughter. The best thing we got was a little motorized car from Academy for 39.99. Other than that, just some odds and ends with a few beers in between. Overall a very successful experience considering I started about 10 hours after everyone else...

58-4ever
11-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I read a few of your posts and your persona is really odd. Do you only follow the trendy stuff that some prof/woman vomits into your brain? Do you think some hot chick will pay attention to you in yoga? Yoga? Really? Self-centered much? Try coed volleyball. If you can't find a women among the hundreds there then I understand your infatuation with yoga. That dude is hot!

He also only eats meat about once a month. (no gay joke intended, this is the truth)

Buck
11-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Just woke up. I think I missed all the good stuff.

FIFA 12 is going on sale at Amazon for $28 in 3 hours and 38 minutes.

If I can't snag that then I'll drive to Best Buy and hope they still have it for $34.99

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
First yoga and now FIFA...this thread has gone full homo.

Fruit Ninja
11-25-2011, 03:02 PM
just bought a 360 from gamestop 150.

http://www.gamestop.com/

Tempted to get a 3DS as well for some zelda.

shirtsleeve
11-25-2011, 03:05 PM
This is the first year in almost two decades I didnt go. Its kinda sad really, not being a part of it. For me, Cabbage Patch started it. I am also a veteran of the Great Furby Wars. Tickle Me Elmo. Every game system and hot vid game...been there, done that. My kids grew up. Nothing to wait for any more. Nothing to stand in line in snow and zero degree temps any more for hours in the middle of the night (Ma law does not permit associates in the store before 12 am, so no stores open before 1 and Wally World opened at 4). No reason to commit multiple felonies in the process of scoring that gotta have it toy. My daughter has a little one of her own, but its her turn to be Santa and score that toy. I've kinda been melancholy over this since yesterday.

My time has passed.

Buck
11-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Regardless of whether or not you like Soccer, FIFA is probably the best Sports game out there. It's so fun.

Pants
11-25-2011, 03:07 PM
1. Get FIFA for $28 from Amazon
2. Return to Walmart in a week for $60 credit
3. ???
4. Profit

Buck
11-25-2011, 03:09 PM
3. ???
4. Profit

What? You can't do that without a receipt.

I'm afraid I'm not going to get it from Amazon so I'm going to head to Best Buy now. Hopefully they have it in stock and if I get it from Amazon later, I'll just return one to Best Buy.

Pants
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
What? You can't do that without a receipt.

I'm afraid I'm not going to get it from Amazon so I'm going to head to Best Buy now. Hopefully they have it in stock and if I get it from Amazon later, I'll just return one to Best Buy.

Of course you can, they'll just give you a Walmart gift card instead of cash. You're such a noob, Buck.

Guru
11-25-2011, 03:19 PM
just bought a 360 from gamestop 150.

http://www.gamestop.com/

Tempted to get a 3DS as well for some zelda.

Wish I could get a deal like that on a PS3.

seclark
11-25-2011, 03:22 PM

no shit...wtf?
sec

Fruit Ninja
11-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Wish I could get a deal like that on a PS3.

ya, would be nice, my PS3 recently died, ni need a blu ray player now. I just need a 360 more as i use it 10x more then my ps3.

luv
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Should have vlaimed it was their constitutional right to protest high prices. They could have stayed there all month.

They can stay there as long as they want. Just can't have tents.

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2011, 05:07 PM
3. ???
4. Profit

White trash

Count Zarth
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I have a really great story about a preacher at Toys R Us to share later.

Crush
11-25-2011, 05:20 PM
The Blue Ridge Wal-Mart currently has turkeys available at 48 cents a pound. Just snagged a $20 turkey for $9.44. Also just snagged an all-in-one printer from amazon for $169.

Chief Roundup
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
What a difference in two stores. The Wal-Mart we went to this year was a free for all. It sucked. People were acting horribly rude and so on. Nothing really bad but they did have officers all over the store.
Lasy year the Wal-Mart that we went to had everything designed to work in an orderly fashion. They everything routed out to where you had to be in line. There was no crowding around and then STAMPEDE. It was much better. Much safer for everyone.

Guru
11-25-2011, 05:44 PM
outside of battlefield 3 for 30 bucks I haven't landed a single big deal this year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-25-2011, 05:56 PM
This damn waffle maker is only 9 bucks any other time of the year, look at the butt crack on the fat chick

http://i43.tinypic.com/az9d3.jpg

She'd fit in well at the Black ButtHole

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
She'd fit in well at the Black ButtHole

You know damn well that girl is a Chiefs fan:harumph:

KCFalcon59
11-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Madden 12 and FIFA 12 are on Amazon for $28.

Guru
11-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Madden 12 and FIFA 12 are on Amazon for $28.

meh. sports games suck.

DaKCMan AP
11-25-2011, 07:15 PM

The style of yoga I practice builds strength (core), improves flexibility, balance, & endurance, and has positive meditative properties. If you're too "manly" for yoga then that's your problem, not mine. I get more of a workout from a 90 minute yoga practice than I do doing cardio+weights at the gym.

crossbow
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I was scheduled to work so I had a hell of a time finding parking all day. All of these merchants do the exact same things. They turn on registers that haven't been in use for over 9 months and then open service calls on them because most of them won't work. I tell them its a good idea to use them once a month but that would require breaking old habits which in turn requires effort so forget that idea.

Fruit Ninja
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
meh. sports games suck.

its how i feel about first person shooters, but i havent played many sports games lately though. I miss my NFL2K so much.

So, i been into fighting games.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I was scheduled to work so I had a hell of a time finding parking all day. All of these merchants do the exact same things. They turn on registers that haven't been in use for over 9 months and then open service calls on them because most of them won't work. I tell them its a good idea to use them once a month but that would require breaking old habits which in turn requires effort so forget that idea.
Sounds like what I go through with air conditioners, everyone wait untils the first 95 degree day to turn them on and I get 20 fucking calls in an hour.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
3. ???
4. Profit

why don't you just point and say "look over there" then grab $32 out of the register drawer?

Pants
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
why don't you just point and say "look over there" then grab $32 out of the register drawer?

I don't get to keep the game, genius. They will still have the product to sell back at 59.99.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't get to keep the game, genius. They will still have the product to sell back at 59.99.

still not moral or legal, IMHO. You are taking from them the money for a non-existent sale. Eventually there will be a price drop and for each copy of the game they have in inventory they didn't order they will lose some profit.

crossbow
11-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Sounds like what I go through with air conditioners, everyone wait until the first 95 degree day to turn them on and I get 20 ****ing calls in an hour.

He He,

And its a BIG emergency. Hey can you come right away? We never considered that you would have other people waiting for service? People are funny.

Say, did you know that scientists have developed a theory that the cosmos actually began in some of these retail stores? Yeah, and that the big bang originated right here in KC. Truly, that is how important this stuff is. Even string theorists are on board with it. Multiple realities of local retail stores that are the key to life in the universe. Without these people then there would be no reason for our existence.

jAZ
11-25-2011, 08:28 PM
I bought 2 pairs of shoes at Payless. It was a zoo. Well, mostly because my son kept hiding under each of the little benches with mirrors they have on each aisle. Otherwise it was pretty quiet there and at OfficeMax.

I also bought a car. But that was a quiet little dealer off the beaten path. So no crush of people either.

Fairplay
11-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Always bet on black.

loochy
11-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Luv, I thought you were going to go buy a cheap laptop. What happened with that?

loochy
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Here's what I did on Black Friday:

luv
11-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Luv, I thought you were going to go buy a cheap laptop. What happened with that?

My current laptop works just fine. While I want a new laptop, I need new tires and struts on my car. Priorities.

luv
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM

I think I'd much rather done what you did.

bevischief
11-25-2011, 08:59 PM

You jumped?

Deberg_1990
11-25-2011, 10:19 PM
heh, i didnt go out there in that madness but my wife did and loves it. Alot of people get a high off saving a buck and good deals. Im the type of person who doesnt really care about deals and i will just buy something when i want it. I guess age has afforded me that luxury.

Ill never understand the herd mentality like in the video someone posted earlier....

3rd&48ers
11-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't "shop" I go into a damn store, go directly to the item I came in for, buy it and leave...

loochy
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I think I'd much rather done what you did.

You sure? It involved getting married a few days ago.

VonneMarie
11-25-2011, 10:34 PM
I got the 17" HP lap top from walmart... that's about it. And fuck yes it was for me.

Guru
11-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't "shop" I go into a damn store, go directly to the item I came in for, buy it and leave...

Thats me. If I can't just walk in and get it then I don't need it. No way will I wait in line for the chance I might be able to buy it.

Saulbadguy
11-25-2011, 10:47 PM
No, I'm not stupid and/or poor, so I slept in and bought a few blu rays from Amazon.

BryanBusby
11-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Always bet on duke.

fixed that for you

listopencil
11-25-2011, 11:33 PM
3. ???
4. Profit

...except that Wal Mart can now tell from the bar code if merchandise was sold by them.

Fish
11-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Fuck that...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DigiWS1YhxI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

luv
11-26-2011, 09:04 AM
You sure? It involved getting married a few days ago.

CONGRATS!!!

And, yeah that might make me rethink it a bit.

Bane
11-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Went with the family and bought 4 compound bows.Bout it,and I didn't get anywhere near a damn walmart.Fuck that!

luv
11-26-2011, 09:06 AM

1. To visit stores in search of merchandise or bargains.
2. To look for something with the intention of acquiring it.

According to definition number two, you do shop.

MOhillbilly
11-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Would rather Fuck a skunk than deal with those people.

bevischief
11-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Would rather **** a skunk than deal with those people.

I thought that was normal for you?

I agree 99% of the time.

Guru
11-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Would rather **** a skunk than deal with those people.

Well, at least you'll smell better. You hillbillies don't take showers so that has to be an improvement right? :D

MOhillbilly
11-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, at least you'll smell better. You hillbillies don't take showers so that has to be an improvement right? :D

The cow shit stink cover.the.skunk funk nicely.

Bwana
11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
...except that Wal Mart can now tell from the bar code if merchandise was sold by them.

Ooooops!

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2010/10/17/8710_cunning_plan.jpg_1287270476.jpg

jspchief
11-26-2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem2871pink.asp?cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001-_-email_wem2871pinkSlight misprint on that ad? i3-2100 plus ram, motherboard, cd drive, and 120gb SSD for $69.99?

3rd&48ers
11-26-2011, 09:59 AM
1. To visit stores in search of merchandise or bargains.
2. To look for something with the intention of acquiring it.

According to definition number two, you do shop.

I don't "shop" I do not wander around a store looking at all sorts of crap.

I know exactly what I want when I go to the store, I go directly to that or those items without stopping to look at anything else.

This may sound weird but the older I get, the less interested I am in material items for some reason.

Bob Dole
11-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Bob Dole ordered a $30 Shop Vac from Lowe's that he'll pick up Monday. That kinda counts.

Fruit Ninja
11-27-2011, 04:34 AM

I know exactly what I want when I go to the store, I go directly to that or those items without stopping to look at anything else.

This may sound weird but the older I get, the less interested I am in material items for some reason.

Not me, the older i get, im pretty much the same. I love electronics. I dont care about jewlery or insane named brand clothes, that shit doesnt interest me, but i loves me gadgets.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 10:45 AM
<iframe id="viddler-f1492eb4" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f1492eb4/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&disablebranding=0" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Hilarious Black Friday prank video.

I'm reposting my own post because i find it THAT funny. GTFO if you don't like it.

Dartgod
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM
<iframe id="viddler-f1492eb4" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f1492eb4/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&disablebranding=0" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm reposting my own post because i find it THAT funny. GTFO if you don't like it.

I LOLed.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Some if it was ok...

I don't think it was hilarious though.

I laughed pretty good at the very end though.

"Do you have Japanese children?"

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I LOLed.

About 2:57 on i was busting up pretty bad.

Mr. Plow
12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
<iframe id="viddler-f1492eb4" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f1492eb4/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&disablebranding=0" frameborder="0" height="349" width="545"></iframe>

I gave up at "caramel yak".

cabletech94
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
baby sized shark cage. that's when i lol'd.

RedNFeisty
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM

This is me, exactly.

I have not, nor do I ever plan to shop Black Friday. I do not feel like subjecting myself to the torture. Now, I can do me some Cyber Monday!

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Now, I can do me some Cyber Monday!

http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Frosty
12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Late to the party, but Black Friday was super easy this year. We only had one store that was crowded but the lines were short. Most of the stores we went to had no lines. I think that having some stores open at midnight and some still open at 4-5 am helped, though it makes for a long night.

I never shop the loss leaders that the store only has like 5 of so I don't stand out and wait in line for the stores to open. If you avoid that initial crush, it usually isn't too bad.