PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Easy way to get what you want on Black Friday

synthesis2
11-25-2011, 09:11 AM
The ads come out several days in advance online so you can see whats coming out. Simply go and purchase what you want from that paticular place, keep it until Friday morning, go to customer service the next morning, no need to get there first thing, just sometime before it ends and have them do a price adjustment for you when you get there. You don't need tickets or standing in line for hours, just 5 minutes at customer service and they give you the lower price.

Many things you can get online but not everything so this makes it really easy.

Just FYI

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Does this really work? If so, nice loophole.

Mr. Plow
11-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Good thing you posted this on Black Friday. Now, where did I leave my time machine.

|Zach|
11-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Good thing you posted this on Black Friday. Now, where did I leave my time machine.

LMAO

Simply Red
11-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Did you check up your ass? That's the first place I always look, when I lose something.

Bwana
11-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Check the garage.

http://i.fosfor.se/w/w060529_2.jpg

rageeumr
11-25-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't think this would typically work for most of the really crazy deals. I believe a lot of the TVs and other larger electronics are exclusive models that are only sold on BF. Like one model # off or something. Best Buy didn't even list a model # for that $200 42" TV they were selling.

jspchief
11-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think this would typically work for most of the really crazy deals. I believe a lot of the TVs and other larger electronics are exclusive models that are only sold on BF. Like one model # off or something. Best Buy didn't even list a model # for that $200 42" TV they were selling.

Surprisingly, it turns out Joe consumer can't outsmart the gazillion dollar retail industry.

rageeumr
11-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Surprisingly, it turns out Joe consumer can't outsmart the gazillion dollar retail industry.

I just assumed all places would have a policy where they don't price adjust to BF prices. After this thread was posted, though, I did a little research, and it looks like Target will price adjust. That's probably why you see so many "holiday bundles" for gaming systems and stuff, so they can make sure no doorbusters are on sale the 2 weeks prior to BF.

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 09:54 AM

The only way I see this working is going full ass retard on the costimer service clerk. Making an ass of your self, then she calls in the supervisor and they just simply give in to the costimer demands. I can see that happening.

kysirsoze
11-25-2011, 09:56 AM
The only way I see this working is going full ass retard on the costimer service clerk. Making an ass of your self, then she calls in the supervisor and they just simply give in to the costimer demands. I can see that happening.

It's the American Way.

jspchief
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
I just assumed all places would have a policy where they don't price adjust to BF prices. After this thread was posted, though, I did a little research, and it looks like Target will price adjust. That's probably why you see so many "holiday bundles" for gaming systems and stuff, so they can make sure no doorbusters are on sale the 2 weeks prior to BF.

Well, yeah. They deal with customers trying to get over on a daily basis. Like they've not considered all the angles.

Tribal Warfare
11-25-2011, 10:01 AM

you can still order stuff online with "Black Friday" discounts

jspchief
11-25-2011, 10:01 AM
By the way, this is the same mastermind that thought he had outsmarted the Broncos yesterday with his idea for the Chiefs to trade Orton to the Bears.

synthesis2
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Couple of things, it would still work next year and the year after etc so just because you didn't do it this year dosent mean you can't next.

Second, I did this at three different places this morning with no problem. You just don't open the merchandise and there is nothing they can do about it.

You don't have to be mean or a jerk with customer service, you simply say " I purchased this a couple of days ago and saw that it went down for black friday and wanted to get the adjustment." If they tell you that they can't price adjust, you still have your 30 day return policy so you tell them that you want to return it which is within your rights, especially if it hasn't been open, then say you would like to repurchase it since you know its in stock and they have to sell it to you for the lower price beause that is what the price is at that time.

There are VERY few things that you can't tell the model number on, 95% of the items you know exactly what it is.

Just telling you, I have done this the past couple of years and had zero issues.

synthesis2
11-25-2011, 10:05 AM
by the way jspchief, I was joking with the orton trade... take it easy...

Fish
11-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Trade off waiting in the checkout line for waiting in the customer service line...

synthesis2
11-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes but first you will always get the product, so you don't have to wait for tickets etc.

Second there are very few people at customer service, everyone is buying stuff and at the checkout so there are very few people in customer service, usually 5-10 minutes at the most

Rausch
11-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Does this really work? If so, nice loophole.

No.

Never.

Anything big is sitting in the back of the store on a palette until the designated time.

Product X won't even be on the floor for days before it goes on sale...

SNR
11-25-2011, 11:15 AM
That's also a good method. Personally, I usually claim what I want to buy on waivers and then trade it away in a few weeks for draft picks

KC Tattoo
11-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Trade off waiting in the checkout line for waiting in the customer service line...

Spending gas $$$ to go back and do it.

notorious
11-25-2011, 12:15 PM
They do make mistakes, though.

I seen an add for a game that was on sale for $29. My brother gave me the game for Christmas (I really had no idea), but I didn't want it so I returned it a couple of weeks later.

They refunded me the current price of $59 since it was a gift and I didn't have a receipt. Go figure.

Darien25
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM

Yeah, the really good stuff is in limited quantities and they don't release it for sale until their start time for BF. A lot of it is not regular inventory so when it is sold out you may never see that particular item or model again.

thurman merman
11-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Another thing you can do for smaller purchases (movies, video games, toys, etc.) is take Black Friday ads to WalMart and have them price match. I've done that several times over the years and they always price match. This obviously won't work for doorbuster deals and such, but it's nice for little stuff.

listopencil
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the really good stuff is in limited quantities and they don't release it for sale until their start time for BF. A lot of it is not regular inventory so when it is sold out you may never see that particular item or model again.

I don't know how the other retailers do it, but Wal Mart has semi trailers full of merchandise sitting in the yard at their warehouses specifically for Black Friday. The stuff is on pallets and wrapped in heavy black plastic shrink wrap. Even the people at the warehouses can't see it. It is shipped in time to be set up just before the sale starts. Also- the merchandise doesn't have to be a different model number. They can track individual products by bar code. There have been some dumbass warehouse workers who stole product that wasn't sold yet, and were fired when they tried to "return" it for cash. I lol'ed.

DTLB58
11-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I found online shopping last night very beneficial. I was going to go out early but because I was able to get some things online I didn't go out till this morning at 5.

But man, some of the stores really suck when it comes to advertising and then not coming thru with the items.

1) Best Buy: 42" Sharp TV $199, they only had 25. My son started standing in line at 4:30 yesterday with about 25 people in front of him by the time they handed out the tickets there were probably over a 100 people in front of him, as everybody that showed up just went to the front of the line with no crowd control by BB whatsoever.

2) Lowes: Dewalt radio $79, They had 6. What a joke.

3) Radio Shack: Toshiba Laptop $299, The had 1, that's right, one!

Think I'm sticking to all online purchases from now on.

whosyou
11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I found online shopping last night very beneficial. I was going to go out early but because I was able to get some things online I didn't go out till this morning at 5.

But man, some of the stores really suck when it comes to advertising and then not coming thru with the items.

1) Best Buy: 42" Sharp TV $199, they only had 25. My son started standing in line at 4:30 yesterday with about 25 people in front of him by the time they handed out the tickets there were probably over a 100 people in front of him, as everybody that showed up just went to the front of the line with no crowd control by BB whatsoever.

BFD

memyselfI
11-26-2011, 01:42 PM

To the OP, it won't work. Most stores have a 'not valid on previous purchases' disclaimer on their BF prices. You may have had luck getting around this but for the vast majority of people it won't work.

In response to online shopping, I've been doing it for years. I locate places with free shipping and no tax which often offsets the marginally lower prices you might find in Black Friday ads.

Even if I am not able to locate a price as low, the fact that I am at home, avoiding crowds and stampedes, not using my gas, and saving time and energy is priceless. I think those things more than make up for any price differential I might lose.

For instance, my daughter wanted a laptop. She was looking at the Walmart ad for a $249 HP. I wasn't going to stand in line for one and I figured online was going to be next to impossible. So I monitored various deals sites and located a Black Friday deal for Dell which started late Thurs. evening. The first 2000 got an Insipiron 1540 for $299.99 plus tax with free shipping. The unit is a bit better one than the Walmart laptop. Plus, it took me all of 5 minutes to purchase in my pjs. The longest part was waiting for it to go 'live' that night.

As BF sales start to get more dangerous and people get injured I think that online sales will have an even greater impact. That is, as long as sales tax is not added and there are still free shipping deals.

JCharles1981
11-27-2011, 12:29 AM
People are insane. I saw video clips on Youtube of Walmart customers ramming into each other, or pushing them out of the way, to grab good deals on items like the world was about to end. Seriously, is getting a new set of bath towels for $3.00 or a 4 GB memory card for a Straight Talk phone worth getting a bloody nose or broken leg over?