PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Help pick a bar name!

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:02 PM
My buddy is looking into opening a bar in Austin.. and I have convinced him to theme it as a Catalan bar. (for those they don't know Spain.. Catalonia is the region where Barcelona is)

It will have tapas/pintxos but just like a true Catalan bar.. they won'tr be the main focus... they will be just what they are.. something to snack on while you drink.

So instead of being a pretentious euro-trash type of bar .. hopefully he can keep it down to earth... sorta like an Irish pub but Catalan.

Anyway.. here are some possible names.. what do you think is best?

If you have any other cool name ideas.. post em!

Here are some pics to explain the names...

Barretina = http://cdn9.wn.com/pd/cd/cb/8f11ac6af437f512fc33360c4b4b_grande.jpg

Canya = http://www.madridiario.es/imagenesPieza/bravas-ca%C3%B1a.jpg

L'aixeta = http://images.free-extras.com/pics/b/beer_tap-908.jpg

Priorat = http://www.lodgephoto.com/galleries/spain-catalonia-santmiqueldelfai/priory-edge-precipice-sant-miquel-del-fai-cataloni-191.jpg

Visca Catalunya = http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/15209703/view/1/producttypecolor/71/type/png/width/190/height/190/visca-catalunya-ringer-tee_design.png

Casa de Gaz = http://miasmagasin.blogg.se/images/2007/tequila_1188764255_7999426.jpg

Scorp
11-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Stiffy Dick's or Stiff Dickies................oh wait this isn't a strip bar.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8UMV3EWIcHU/S_rXKC94AkI/AAAAAAAAAxs/J2UzMl4PVlk/s1600/porkys+002b+copy.jpg

Simply Red
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Chorizo sliders?

pr_capone
11-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Barthelona (how Spaniards pronounce the city) BARthelona...

Is the bar on a hill? If so... Casa Loma

bevischief
11-25-2011, 10:13 PM
pink night kap.

Buehler445
11-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Visca is easiest to say for those that aren't familiar with Spain. It would be the most conducive to word of mouth.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Barthelona (how Spaniards pronounce the city) BARthelona...

Is the bar on a hill? If so... Casa Loma

Just to be clear.. Catalans are fiercely independent and have their own language.. so these terms are in Catalan not Spanish..... so nothing would be pronounced in a Spanish way...

Catalans say Barcelona like we do... only the crappy Castillianos say it with the ghey lisp.

listopencil
11-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I'd go with Visca Catalonia. Emphasize "Visca" on the signage with large, clear font and scroll "Catalonia" under it. Then promote the nickname "Visca".

pr_capone
11-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Just to be clear.. Catalans are fiercely independent and have their own language.. so these terms are in Catalan not Spanish..... so nothing would be pronounced in a Spanish way...

Catalans say Barcelona like we do... only the crappy Castillianos say it with the ghey lisp.

Hey now... I speak the Castellano dialect of Spanish and don't speak with that stupid lisp. It is only the stupid Spaniards that do that. LMFAO

Well fine, back to the drawing board. I do line Canya tho. In Catalan... would it be said as Caņa?

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey now... I speak the Castellano dialect of Spanish and don't speak with that stupid lisp. LMFAO

Well fine, back to the drawing board. I do line Canya tho. In Catalan... would it be said as Caņa?

yeah it's the exact same word.. the Catalans just replace the ņ with ny

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I'd go with Visca Catalonia. Emphasize "Visca" on the signage with large, clear font and scroll "Catalonia" under it. Then promote the nickname "Visca".

Holy Moly.. that's a damn good idea....I'll pitch it to my buddy

listopencil
11-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd also get some barretinas made up with "Visca Catalonia" printed on them to sell at the bar. The printing should go on that black portion in the pic that crosses the forehead

pr_capone
11-25-2011, 10:27 PM
yeah it's the exact same word.. the Catalans just replace the ņ with ny

I like it because to me it means sugar cane. :D

listopencil
I'd also get some barretinas made up with "Visca Catalonia" printed on them to sell at the bar. The printing should go on that black portion in the pic that crosses the forehead

Maybe use it as a uniform hat at first then offer them for sale if it takes off.

cdcox
The name and the concept of this bar seem like they need a lot of explanation. Just sayin'.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
The name and the concept of this bar seem like they need a lot of explanation. Just sayin'.

I see that as a good thing... the bar would be in a highly trafficked area of Austin.. so it's not going to have a problem with exposure... or getting people to check it out.. then if they ask about the concept it gives you a chance to explain it and draw them in.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 10:34 PM

I actually told him that when I first gave him the Catalan idea, he said he'd discuss it with his partners, but he was on board with the idea. I like your idea of having them embroidered and selling them. A city like Austin would love something funky and unique like this.

listopencil
11-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I actually told him that when I first gave him the Catalan idea, he said he'd discuss it with his partners, but he was on board with the idea. I like your idea of having them embroidered and selling them. A city like Austin would love something funky and unique like this.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And those red hats would be perfect for the wait staff as a "uniform" without being too formal.

Braincase
11-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I figure a good drink ought to go straight to your head anyway.

Rain Man
11-25-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure about the foreign names.

Barretina - Got the word 'bar' in it, but also sounds like something girls put in their hair.
Canya - "Can" as part of a word to describe beer? No.
L'aixeta - Drunk people won't be able to pronounce that.
Priorat - Shouldn't have the word 'rat' in a business name that serves food.
Visca - Sounds too much like Fresca.
Casa de Gaz - I kind of like it, actually.

How about Catamaranalonia? It can be both a nautical bar and a Spanish bar.

Or maybe Spanish Fly? You'll get lots of dates in.

Or maybe the I-bar-ian Peninsula?

Bowser
11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Just franchise in with this guy....

http://www.halfway-inn.com/

Simply Red
11-25-2011, 11:23 PM
i say they should have an upscale burger-bar. Nothing screams sex-appeal more than a juicy gourmet burger.

Simply Red
11-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Halfcan is in to this sort of thing and was on tonight, has he not chimed in?

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:26 PM

I like this one... tapas and topsails!

Jewish Rabbi
11-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I see that as a good thing... the bar would be in a highly trafficked area of Austin.. so it's not going to have a problem with exposure... or getting people to check it out.. then if they ask about the concept it gives you a chance to explain it and draw them in.

I see it as exactly the opposite. If I can't even pronounce the name, no way am I going to check it out. Good luck though.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
i say they should have an upscale burger-bar. Nothing screams sex-appeal more than a juicy gourmet burger.

Unfortunately there are two fantastic burger places within a block of this place.

One of them was even on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCuN9DV8d88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but there isn't a really GOOD tapas place downtown.. we have one decent one.. but it's a fancy sit down restaurant.. nothing in the way of a real bar with tapas.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I see it as exactly the opposite. If I can't even pronounce the name, no way am I going to check it out. Good luck though.

Well this is in Austin so the weirder the better.

I can see what you are saying for some on the names.. but Visca seems like it would be pronounceable enough.

The hard part about downtown Austin is to be unique but not gimmicky... I think that's why my buddy likes the idea of a Catalan bar... seems to walk the line in that regard.

Raiderhader
11-25-2011, 11:39 PM

My experience in not only the bar and restaraunt industry, but in business in general is the less you have to explain the better. The general public as a whole is not interested in complex.

K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple stupid

Simply Red
11-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately there are two fantastic burger places within a block of this place.

One of them was even on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCuN9DV8d88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but there isn't a really GOOD tapas place downtown.. we have one decent one.. but it's a fancy sit down restaurant.. nothing in the way of a real bar with tapas.

Guy F. is a lot of fun, he's pretty knowledgable, as is his appetite, oddly he doesn't gross me out like Paula Dean does.

I like Guy and Alto (in moderation) - and for cooks, barefoot and Mario. They're the best natural cooks. Jamie 'The Naked Chef' is very good as well. Bobby Flay who can't be ignored from an entertainment viewpoint.

mikey23545
11-25-2011, 11:40 PM

Given the name choices I would assume this is a gay bar.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Given the name choices I would assume this is a gay bar.

har har... but not a bad idea.. gay bars in Austin rake in a ton of money... but no, my buddy is not opening a gay bar.

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:52 PM
My experience in not only the bar and restaraunt industry, but in business in general is the less you have to explain the better. The general public as a whole is not interested in complex.

K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple stupid

True to an extent.. but I think everyone is forgetting that this is just the name for the bar... it doesn't have to explain anything in the name... I just went through a list of bar names in that area ...here is a sampling...

Toulouse
Touche
Mooseknuckle
Flamingo Cantina
Malaia
Darwin's
Soho
Pure
Club DeVille
Mohawk

Fish
11-25-2011, 11:53 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7889/pinktacologo0354629.png

AustinChief
11-25-2011, 11:56 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7889/pinktacologo0354629.png

That reminds me.. there is an English pub in Ft Worth that I always thought had the PERFECT name for a lesbian bar... The Bull and Bush

TinyEvel
11-26-2011, 12:00 AM
White Swallow?

Raiderhader
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
True to an extent.. but I think everyone is forgetting that this is just the name for the bar... it doesn't have to explain anything in the name... I just went through a list of bar names in that area ...here is a sampling...

Toulouse
Touche
Mooseknuckle
Flamingo Cantina
Malaia
Darwin's
Soho
Pure
Club DeVille
Mohawk

With out seeing the places there are only two or three I would likely walk right past because the name has no meaning to me. Intact I'd probably be concerned about what I'd be walking into. I understand Austonians are a different breed and it may not bother them one bit. Which is why you ignore the advice of outsiders like me and go with your knowledge of the area and people.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 12:10 AM
With out seeing the places there are only two or three I would likely walk right past because the name has no meaning to me. Intact I'd probably be concerned about what I'd be walking into. I understand Austonians are a different breed and it may not bother them one bit. Which is why you ignore the advice of outsiders like me and go with your knowledge of the area and people.

yeah, it would definitely be better to poll Austonians on this.. but I certainly appreciate the feedback from you guys as well.. I'm passing it all along to the buddy who is doing this.

I'm just excited that I'll have a bar in Austin where I can drink Estrella Damm and eat patatas bravas! I wonder if it's legal for them to import Nobel cigarettes.. that would kick ass.

Slainte
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
If you'd like the name to have a Catalan influence, how 'bout 'Miro'?

http://uploads8.wikipaintings.org/images/joan-miro/the-nightingale-s-song-at-midnight-and-the-morning-rain.jpg

Slainte
11-26-2011, 12:40 AM
...Or perhaps 'Gaudi'?...

http://theplanetd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/La-Sagra-Familia-gaudi.jpg

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 12:44 AM
If you'd like the name to have a Catalan influence, how 'bout 'Miro'?

Actually tossed around the idea of using a famous Catalan... like Miro, Gaudi, Dali, Serrat.. but no one seemed to like the idea.

Slainte
11-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Will they be serving some good jamon, maybe pata negra?

Sofa King
11-26-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm currently shitfaced, and the only one that seems appealing is Canya. The rest are too hard or too stupid to say.

Honest opinion.......

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Will they be serving some good jamon, maybe pata negra?

yup! So far I have convinced them to carry stuffed olives, patatas bravas, pa amb tomat with jamon serrano and manchego http://images.tastespotting.com/thumbnails/190196.jpg and chupitos (fried baby squid) http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4098/4910258956_8a10c62cbb_s.jpg

That pretty much covers the staples ... I'm also lobbying for some sort of roasted garlic and goat cheese pintxo as well.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm currently shitfaced, and the only one that seems appealing is Canya. The rest are too hard or too stupid to say.

Honest opinion.......

yeah that was the one in the lead among the people opening up the place but now they may be leaning toward VISCA.

SNR
11-26-2011, 01:51 AM
An Irish pub moved in a few blocks away. It's called O'Rly's.

(No, seriously. I'm not joking)

Slainte
11-26-2011, 02:37 AM
pa amb tomat

Oh, I miss. You cannot get toastada con tomate with the scrubbed tomatoes & sal down here in Andulucia...

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Oh, I miss. You cannot get toastada con tomate with the scrubbed tomatoes & sal down here in Andulucia...

that sucks! Where in Andalucia are you?

Slainte
11-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Near Sevilla. Working as a contractor at a nearby military base.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Near Sevilla. Working as a contractor at a nearby military base.

sweet.. I have a buddy not too far from there... lives in Marbella

I love Spain... not sure I could live in Andalucia though... the pace of life there is so slow it may actually move backwards... Catalunya is definitely more my speed.

Slainte
11-26-2011, 04:53 AM

I'm thinking of going to Marbella for Christmas, as I'm not going home to the 'States. I've heard good things about it.

Yeah, Andulacia is what it is, I guess. I lived for 3 years in Madrid and it's hard to believe this is even the same country. Barcelona & Madrid are where its at in Spain although I haven't visited the northern cities, Bilbao, San Sebastion, etc...

Fritz88
11-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Real Madrid fans wont even step a foot in there.
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan
11-26-2011, 06:45 AM
None of those sound like a Bar. Sounds like a fru fru kinda place all hoity toity or women's clothes. Id avoid places with names like that.

bevischief
11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
wtf was her name.

ForeverChiefs58
11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure about the foreign names.

Barretina - Got the word 'bar' in it, but also sounds like something girls put in their hair.
Canya - "Can" as part of a word to describe beer? No.
L'aixeta - Drunk people won't be able to pronounce that.
Priorat - Shouldn't have the word 'rat' in a business name that serves food.
Visca - Sounds too much like Fresca.

Or maybe Spanish Fly? You'll get lots of dates in.

Or maybe the I-bar-ian Peninsula?

Lol. I thought the exact same thing about Priorat.

ForeverChiefs58
11-26-2011, 08:58 AM

I love Spain... not sure I could live in Andalucia though... the pace of life there is so slow it may actually move backwards... Catalunya is definitely more my speed.

Marbella. That is a nice name. Anything with "bella" is :thumb:.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-26-2011, 09:37 AM
You know the market, but to me, those are more restaurant names. I'd walk in expecting a spanish restaurant.

Radar Chief
11-26-2011, 09:46 AM

Anything with Gaz in it = winning.

DaFace
11-26-2011, 09:52 AM
I voted for the first one, primarily because it would be easiest to find in a Google search if you didn't know how it was spelled. The second one could be OK, too.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-26-2011, 09:56 AM
I can't vote for any of those names.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 11:02 AM

unfortunately, Marbella isn't remotely Catalan.

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 03:08 PM
unfortunately, Marbella isn't remotely Catalan.

Neither is Austin, Texas, so maybe it's a good fit.

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Is rubella your favorite disease?

vailpass
11-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe-a Labia

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
You should call it something like "And/Or A Bar".

(Andorra Bar. Get it? Get it?)

bevischief
11-26-2011, 04:22 PM
whiskey nipple.

Dante84
11-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Don't know a good name, but I'll gladly drink there when it opens.

stevieray
11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
need a mural, or hand painted logos?

I know, crappy name.

Cave Johnson
11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And those red hats would be perfect for the wait staff as a "uniform" without being too formal.

Those red hats are uber ghey.

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
The more I think about it, I really think you should go with my "And/Or A Bar" suggestion.

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM

If I saw a waitress wearing one of those hats, I'd assume that she doesn't wash her hair.

listopencil
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM

If I saw a waitress wearing one of those hats, I'd assume that she doesn't wash her hair.

You only dislike them because you are sober.

CoMoChief
11-26-2011, 06:22 PM
The Alex Jones lounge

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 06:29 PM

yes but they are the most recognizable symbol of Catalan culture that I can think of.

Cave Johnson
11-26-2011, 06:55 PM
You only dislike them because you are sober.

Correction, quasi-sober. And not all patrons will be drunk (presumably).

yes but they are the most recognizable symbol of Catalan culture that I can think of.

Honestly, I don't think the market will care about the distinction between "Spanish" tapas and Catalonian ones.

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM

That's unfortunate. They need to start their own dog breed or design a special sword or something.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 07:05 PM
That's unfortunate. They need to start their own dog breed or design a special sword or something.

Well they have the caganer and tio de nadal but those are just for Christmas... there is the porron (used to hold wine) but they already plan to have them at the bar.

Tombstone RJ
11-26-2011, 07:07 PM
name it The Spanish Fly and get giggy with it...

ForeverChiefs58
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Well they have the caganer and tio de nadal but those are just for Christmas... there is the porron (used to hold wine) but they already plan to have them at the bar.

Awesome idea. You should name it porron. Drunk people will think it is porn, and before you know it there will be a line to get in.

ForeverChiefs58
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Is rubella your favorite disease?

you mean it isn't everyone's?

cdcox
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
New nomination for bar name:

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.g3 d5 4.Bg2

Rain Man
11-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Awesome idea. You should name it porron. Drunk people will think it is porn, and before you know it there will be a line to get in.

That's a great suggestion.

On a linguistic note, I wonder why it's called a porron. Shouldn't it be a poroutof? Or maybe a porrinto?

Lumpy
11-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I chose Priorat. However, it sounds more elegant to go w/ the Spanish spelling.

Club Priorato

JD10367
11-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Hello Dali (if it's a gay bar)

If you want a true Catalan bar, though, you could keep it simple, and just name it "Fuck Madrid!" :)

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
New nomination for bar name:

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.g3 d5 4.Bg2

Very clever!

boogblaster
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Casa Gato ... kitty's welcome .....

cdcox
11-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Very clever!

It's probably not obscure enough and too easy to pronounce to be a contender on your list though. ;)

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 08:42 PM
It's probably not obscure enough and too easy to pronounce to be a contender on your list though. ;)

OH SNAP! Ouch!

NewChief
11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Gaudi's. Would open up for lots of cool mosaic bar, floor, and wall work.

If you've ever been to the Venice Cafe in St. Louis, that would be a good model for interior (minus some of the more hippie flourishes).

Considering the interest in modern architecture in Austin, I think you'd have a built-in clientele. Might be a little too hipster, though.

AustinChief
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Gaudi's. Would open up for lots of cool mosaic bar, floor, and wall work.

If you've ever been to the Venice Cafe in St. Louis, that would be a good model for interior (minus some of the more hippie flourishes).

Considering the interest in modern architecture in Austin, I think you'd have a built-in clientele. Might be a little too hipster, though.

yeah, that was the consensus on Gaudi, Miro, etc... it would be too pretentious and/or hipster.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I like Gaudi's or Gaudi's Cathedral but that's because I'm a fan of Antonio Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia and the Alan Parson Project's album named for him and it. Plus I like the idea of a bar with the word catherdral in the name. Probably just me.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
After seeing some responses that suggest things in Spanish...

Just to be clear, the name can NOT be in Spanish... It has to be in Catalan (or even English)... This is Texas so a Spanish name automatically means Mexican... And they don't want to be confused with a Tejano bar.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Just to be clear, the name can NOT be in Spanish... It has to be in Catalan (or even English)... This is Texas so a Spanish name automatically means Mexican... And they don't want to be confused with a Tejano bar.

Ooh, good point. Now that you say that, I think your name has to be really, really obviously non-Mexican, and anything that sounds ambiguously Spanish will be assumed to be Mexican. You'll need to go with something like "Bar Celona" with a subtitle of "Bar of Catalan".

Nickel D
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Irish-type plus Catalan equals: O'Catalan's!

ForeverChiefs58
11-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Did you/he consider the name for the bar just being called Catalan?

I would have voted for that over any the others FWIW.

Slainte
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM

Bar Catalonia

Stewie
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
What's the point of a bar name with a Catalan reference? No one gives a shit about that. Just call it Moe's.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 04:49 PM

I would have voted for that over any the others FWIW.

yup, that is already being considered but they wanted some alternates to consider as well. All of these idea will get passed along to them and I'll let everybody know what they pick.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
What's the point of a bar name with a Catalan reference? No one gives a shit about that. Just call it Moe's.

Well, since it will be a Catalan bar... showing FC Barca games, serving tapas/pintxos and Catalan beer and wine... it seems like the name might want to reflect that...

You have to remember, this bar will be in an area with dozens upon dozens of other bars all within a few blocks, so have a unique theme really can make or break you in Austin.

Gary
11-27-2011, 05:09 PM
How about "Your Mom's"? Think of how the stories would sound..."So we were pounding shots at Your Mom's last night and..."

crazycoffey
11-27-2011, 06:02 PM
The Double Duece

Graystoke
11-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Els caps de merda Chupa

scott free
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
The Ha-Ha

scott free
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Luna Azul

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I really like "The Bar Celona".

damaticous
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
coņo cerveza

ForeverChiefs58
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM

I vote all in on This.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Easy, clever and fun to say when you are drinking.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM

There is already a club nearby called Barcelona .. unfortunately it has ZERO to do with Barcelona and is an extremely douchey, completely generic dance club... hopefully it will close soon... but any name that directly references Barcelona is a non starter.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
There is already a club nearby called Barcelona .. unfortunately it has ZERO to do with Barcelona and is an extremely douchey, completely generic dance club... hopefully it will close soon... but any name that directly references Barcelona is a non starter.

That's a criminal misuse of the Catalonian image.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
coņo cerveza

obviously not a serious entry.. but just a reminder... NOT SPANISH... Catalan is a completely different language... It's like Dutch and German.. they are similar but definitely not the same.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
That's a criminal misuse of the Catalonian image.

I agree... if not for that.. Bar Celona it would be!

damaticous
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
obviously not a serious entry.. but just a reminder... NOT SPANISH... Catalan is a completely different language... It's like Dutch and German.. they are similar but definitely not the same.

google translation sucks. lol ?

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:39 PM
google translation sucks. lol ?

yup.. . there is no ņ in Catalan.. they use ny instead.

Gonzo
11-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Dorsia?

I would go if it were named Dorsia.

Dayze
11-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Cassel del Palko

Rain Man
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Cassel del Palko

I like that. That really sounds Catalan.

BigChiefTablet
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
The 13th Step

AustinChief
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
The 13th Step

I assume that is an AA reference... But it also could be a reference to el escorial where the kings of Spain are buried. On the way down into the pantheon you have 13 marble steps.

but again that's Spanish not Catalan

Lumpy
11-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Well... that's just, um... ghey.