PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How much is resigning Bowe going to cost?

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Please provide your opinion on the following questions:
1) How much do you think it will take to lock down Bowe for five years?

2) What amount is the maximum amount, per year, you are willing to see the Chiefs allocate to sign him?

3) What kind of return would it take for you to accept a Bowe trade?

4) How much is Bowe worth on the trade market?

GoHuge
11-27-2011, 01:37 AM
They've gotta sign him. Best offensive player that we have beisides. I'm gonna guess 4 years and $56 mill.Guaranteed money in the $18-20 mill range. Just shootin in the dark though.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, I figure he will get tagged and get a 1st rd tender. Something like that.

Von Dumbass
11-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Bowe probably wants big time money. I think that is why the Chiefs haven't resigned him yet.

I think the most you could hope to get out of him in a trade would be what Denver got for Marshall. But given the way that trade worked out it could hurt Bowe's value and only fetch you a 2nd and 5th.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Bowe should play on a team with a QB. Imagine him in GB. He's better than what the Chiefs can offer him.

Mojo Jojo
11-27-2011, 01:52 AM
I would guess nothing less than 10 mil a year plus signing bonus.

bevischief
11-27-2011, 02:10 AM
A QB.

Caseyguyrr
11-27-2011, 02:11 AM
a fuckton

Fritz88
11-27-2011, 02:17 AM
If we dont resign him then I have no words to describe the hatred I will have for Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag02
11-27-2011, 06:39 AM
If we don't resign him that will be the fritz

58-4ever
11-27-2011, 06:40 AM
We would have to Tag the guy. Then I would imagine that it's going to be quite the king's ransom. He's a top 5 receiver in the league, and he will command that kind of money.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Please provide your opinion on the following questions:
1) How much do you think it will take to lock down Bowe for five years?

2) What amount is the maximum amount, per year, you are willing to see the Chiefs allocate to sign him?

3) What kind of return would it take for you to accept a Bowe trade?

4) How much is Bowe worth on the trade market?

1) I would say in the range of $55-$60 million with at least $20 million guaranteed.

2) Divide the above numbers by five and you have your answer

3) Two first rounders at least and one has to be a high first rounder (from someone like STL, whose pick we could use on Blackmon, while using our high pick on a QB) Honestly though Bowe is one of the greatest WR's this team has ever had and he is elite and I want him to play his entire career here in KC.

4) He is worth at least a first rounder if not more. Teams realize he is elite although his numbers don't reflect it this year because his crappy QB has actually regressed.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Im not sure hes worth "Big Time" money, but its the same sort of thing with the Cards and Fitzgerald.

Sometimes teams are forced to overpay because a player means so much to a franchise and fanbase. A team has to have "stars" to pull people into the stands. You never want to come off looking cheap.

suds79
11-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Doesn't matter if it's big $$. The Chiefs obviously have the cap room.

Sign him.

That would be telling on how cheap this organization is if they don't because he's asking too much. :shake:

Rausch
11-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Doesn't matter if it's big $$. The Chiefs obviously have the cap room.

Sign him.

This.

He's overcome the drops and makes more and more of the highlight catches as the weeks go on...

The Bad Guy
11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Bowe probably wants big time money. I think that is why the Chiefs haven't resigned him yet.

I think the most you could hope to get out of him in a trade would be what Denver got for Marshall. But given the way that trade worked out it could hurt Bowe's value and only fetch you a 2nd and 5th.

What a dumb fuck you are. Marshall has nothing to do with Bowe.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Im not sure hes worth "Big Time" money, but its the same sort of thing with the Cards and Fitzgerald.

Sometimes teams are forced to overpay because a player means so much to a franchise and fanbase. A team has to have "stars" to pull people into the stands. You never want to come off looking cheap.

Bowe is worth big time money. Give him a real QB and you will see. No one doubts Fitzgerald is one of the best in the league, but he is not mentioned as often anymore because of his QB situation the past two years. Before that when he had Warner (a real QB) throwing to him, he was lights out. His QB sitaution sucks, but he is still elite even if his numbers don't reflect that.

notorious
11-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Why do you think Pioli drafted Baldwin?

Bowe is as good as gone.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Bowe is worth big time money. Give him a real QB and you will see. No one doubts Fitzgerald is one of the best in the league, but he is not mentioned as often anymore because of his QB situation the past two years. Before that when he had Warner (a real QB) throwing to him, he was lights out. His QB sitaution sucks, but he is still elite even if his numbers don't reflect that.

They are both top tier, no doubt about it. I just dont believe in overpaying for WR's. Its a position overdependent on the QB position. But like i mentioned earlier, sometimes teams NEED to overpay. Its a business and teams need to give joe fan a reason to putt their butts in seats.

wazu
11-27-2011, 08:30 AM
The one thing this team could do to get me to stop paying attention would be to, after all their talk about building through the draft and saving cap space to re-sign players, not re-sign their start players.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Bowe is as good as gone.

:rolleyes:

noa
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Bowe is as good as gone.

Yes, the strategy is for us to limit ourselves to one good wr at a time
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
The one thing this team could do to get me to stop paying attention would be to, after all their talk about building through the draft and saving cap space to re-sign players, not re-sign their start players.

So, become the Royals?...

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I he doesn't re-sign here, he better sign for an INSANE amount elsewhere. If they pay Cassel that kind of money after playing one year and won't pay up for Bowe, to hell with Pioli. We got a great deal on JC. If they can pull something like that again, great. But sometimes you just have to pay guys.

They paid Tamba so I'm optomistic, but I still can't wait to see it done.

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 08:36 AM

This and ignoring the QB problem. 2 things.

notorious
11-27-2011, 08:37 AM
:rolleyes:

Yes, the strategy is for us to limit ourselves to one good wr at a time
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not saying that I approve.

Bowe will have to sign for below market money if he stays. It's the Hunt/Pioli way. That is the reason they drafted Baldwin, if Bowe doesn't comply they still have a couple decent receivers.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
The "PATRIOT WAY" is to resign in-house talent, lay low in free agency, and avoid the high draft pick QB.

We could draft first or 21st and I don't see Pioli going QB in round 1.

Suck-4-Luck or cheering to lose is moronic because even when you get (what you think you want) you're not going to get it.

On top of a failed season you get Tyson Jackson and months to stew about it...

notorious
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
The "PATRIOT WAY" is to resign in-house talent, lay low in free agency, and avoid the high draft pick QB.

Suck-4-Luck or cheering to lose is moronic because even when you get (what you think you want) you're not going to get it.

There will be a lot of "I'm leaving forever" threads in late April......

Buehler445
11-27-2011, 08:43 AM
They are both top tier, no doubt about it. I just dont believe in overpaying for WR's. Its a position overdependent on the QB position. But like i mentioned earlier, sometimes teams NEED to overpay. Its a business and teams need to give joe fan a reason to putt their butts in seats.

While that may be smart, Tom Brady says "Gotta have somebody to throw to."

http://hotchickshotpicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/reche_caldwell_insane_1_1.jpg

Rausch
11-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I am not saying that I approve.

Bowe will have to sign for below market money if he stays. It's the Hunt/Pioli way.

No, it's not.

That is the reason they drafted Baldwin...

No, it's not.

...if Bowe doesn't comply they still have a couple decent receivers.

Baldwin is talent/potential/stupidity-of-youth and Breaston is a great slot guy.

You don't dish a guy who could make your offense great because "well, we have some solid guys who might make a respectable bunch."

We don't have a Joe Montana laying around to make Willie Davis and Keith Cash look like fucking probowlers...

DTLB58
11-27-2011, 08:45 AM
A QB.

:thumb:
Exactly, No wonder he hasn't signed yet. He wants to play somewhere where he can get the damn ball! :p

Deberg_1990
11-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Pats havent drafted a high first round QB lately because they havent had to. Dimitroff drafted Matt Ryan. Pioli passed on Sanchez which proved to be a good thing. I dont think Pioli would remain a slave to the "Patriot Way" if the situation were right.

milkman
11-27-2011, 08:46 AM

The Patriot way is not overpaying for star players.

They let Lawyer Milloy walk.
They let Ty Law walk.
They Willie McGinnest walk.
They traded Richard Seymour.

Anytime a star player gets to the point that they believe they have earned a big paycheck, they let those guys walk.

The one exception is Tom Brady.

Von Dumbass
11-27-2011, 08:47 AM
What a dumb **** you are. Marshall has nothing to do with Bowe.

He was the last Pro Bowl caliber WR to be traded. He kinda set the market for what Pro Bowl WR's go for.

notorious
11-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Jamal Charles, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, etc. All of them signed for below market value. Only Hali got paid the big bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowe go elsewhere. Only time will tell.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Bowe is as good as gone.

That would be stupid. I would have hoped he drafted Baldwin because our WR situation outside of Bowe sucked. If we got rid of Bowe we would not be much better than last year with the exception of Breaston. For the first time in a very long time we can say that WR is not a weakness on this team. I would like to keep it that way.

notorious
No, it's not.

No, it's not.

Baldwin is talent/potential/stupidity-of-youth and Breaston is a great slot guy.

You don't dish a guy who could make your offense great because "well, we have some solid guys who might make a respectable bunch."

We don't have a Joe Montana laying around to make Willie Davis and Keith Cash look like ****ing probowlers...

They let Ty Law walk.

Anytime a star player gets to the point that they believe they have earned a big paycheck, they let those guys walk.

Ouch.

You were saying?

DTLB58

They let Ty Law walk.

As soon as the Baldwin pick was made on draft day Peter King said the Chiefs wouldn't re-sign Bowe. I think it's stupid. But just passing along info.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2011, 08:51 AM
As soon as the Baldwin pick was made on draft day Peter King said the Chiefs wouldn't re-sign Bowe. I think it's stupid. But just passing along info.

Yes because Peter King is always right.

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 08:53 AM

this plus he probably wants to see if KC has a QB that can throw the ball next year.

Cassel's a WR killa.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 08:55 AM

They let Ty Law walk.

We don't have a Tom Brady though so unless Pioli addresses it in the draft (which some believe he won't) he will be forced to pay Bowe as he will need all the talent he can get to try to make our average at best QB's look good.

notorious
11-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Does Bowe get consistant seperation, or just jump balls?

I really don't know since I have yet to find a reason to waste money to watch this team in stadium.

DaFace
11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Re-sign. Not resign.

(This one's really starting to bug me around here.)

milkman
11-27-2011, 09:00 AM
We don't have a Tom Brady though so unless Pioli addresses it in the draft (which some believe he won't) he will be forced to pay Bowe as he will need all the talent he can get to try to make our average at best QB's look good.

I don't think the fact that we don't have a QB is going to make a damn bit of difference when it comes to re-signing star players.

If Bowe is asking for more than Pioli/Hunt are willing to pay, he's walking.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Marshall was a freakin head case, that's why compensation was as low as it was. IF the Chiefs were forced to trade Bowe, I guarantee there would be at least one first rounder involved.

kysirsoze
11-27-2011, 09:10 AM

They let Ty Law walk.

All those guys were near or at the end of their prime. The Patriot way is paying based on what they've still got ahead of them, not what they've done.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Ouch.

You were saying?

Each and every example listed was a player beyond his prime that was declining -NOT in his prime.

It's the same thing you see the Steelers do every year...

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Bowe is as good as gone.

Because Bowe was the WR core all by himself and was double teamed a s a result. Baldwin is a complimentary WR drafted to take pressure off Bowe. We have the cap space, and Pioli will at the very least franchise Bowe if his asking price is unreasonable.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Because Bowe was the WR core all by himself and was double teamed a s a result. Baldwin is a complimentary WR drafted to take pressure off Bowe. We have the cap space, and Pioli will at the very least franchise Bowe if his asking price is unreasonable.

Bowe is now a top 15 WR in the league.

You keep those guys. That's how you fucking win games...

tredadda
11-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't think the fact that we don't have a QB is going to make a damn bit of difference when it comes to re-signing star players.

If Bowe is asking for more than Pioli/Hunt are willing to pay, he's walking.

It depends on how much more. They were able to sign some players on a discount, but paid a premium for others (Hali and Flowers come to mind). The true "Patriot Way" would have watched them either trade those guys or let them walk instead of paying for them. Having Tom Brady makes that decision easier because he can offset their losses. The"Patriot Way" works because they have one of the greatest QB's ever playing for them and as you can see, they paid a premium for him because they realize his value to the franchise.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 09:26 AM

You keep those guys. That's how you ****ing win games...

Bowe is a Top 10 reciever and is close to being Top 5. Give him a real QB and you will see.

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 09:29 AM

yep, all we need now is a QB that can get the Ball down field and look at all his options.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM

You keep those guys. That's how you ****ing win games...

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic

Isn't that what I just said? Only Bowe deserves to be paid like a top 5 WR IMO. Andre Johnson's deal had incentives to give him the opportunity to earn $10.5 million per on a 7 year deal. I'de expect Bowe's agent to ask for a similar offer, then bargain from there.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2011, 09:40 AM
He was the last Pro Bowl caliber WR to be traded. He kinda set the market for what Pro Bowl WR's go for.

He was a player with numerous off-the-field problems. The trade also happened 2 years ago, not 2 weeks ago. There was no precedent set with it at all. That's like saying AJ Feeley set the QB market when he was traded from the Eagles to the Dolphins.

I know you're a trolling piece of shit, but at least come here with some semblence of truth.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Isn't that what I just said? Only Bowe deserves to be paid like a top 5 WR IMO. Andre Johnson's deal had incentives to give him the opportunity to earn $10.5 million per on a 7 year deal. I'de expect Bowe's agent to ask for a similar offer, then bargain from there.

I guess I should have said "I agree."

Figured it was a given since we were both taking the same position...

Mr. Laz
11-27-2011, 09:53 AM
it's going to cost more than Bowe's worth

The real question is, do the Chiefs have any choice but to overpay?

probably not

mcaj22
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
i think they have to over pay

Rausch
11-27-2011, 09:57 AM
i think they have to over pay

Water is worth more to a man trapped in the desert than trapped in a shopping mall...

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 09:59 AM
it's going to cost more than Bowe's worth

probably not

Bowe is a GREAT WR with a shitty QB throwing to him. To keep him in KC, we'll have to pay him top of the market money. If we could add a REAL QB to the mix, then Bowe had potential to put up top 3 WR numbers with the complimentary WR's we have. Then add a couple positions to the O-Line and we have a legitimate scoring machine to compliment the defense.

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 09:59 AM

probably not

Pioli and Company should be used to that i mean Cassel was worthless as a starting QB.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Water is worth more to a man trapped in the desert than trapped in a shopping mall...

Exactly...

Mr. Laz
11-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Bowe is a GREAT WR with a shitty QB throwing to him. To keep him in KC, we'll have to pay him top of the market money. If we could add a REAL QB to the mix, then Bowe had potential to put up top 3 WR numbers with the complimentary WR's we have. Then add a couple positions to the O-Line and we have a legitimate scoring machine to compliment the defense.
that's what i keep hearing ...

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Bowe led the league in TD receptions last year, WITH Cassel. He's had 1000 yard seasons 2 out of 5 years and finished in the top 10 in receiving yards twice I believe.

He's gonna get top 10 money easy, if not top 5, and that's being on the end of Brodie Croyle/Damon Huar/Matt Cassel passes.

Shaid
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Bowe knows he is elite if he plays for another team. I think we'd have to pay him more than he'd take if he went elsewhere.

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Bowe knows he is elite if he plays for another team. I think we'd have to pay him more than he'd take if he went elsewhere.

i'm curious to see how Bowe's stats look after Orton starts next week.

he's gonna like it i think.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Bowe led the league in TD receptions last year, WITH Cassel. He's had 1000 yard seasons 2 out of 5 years and finished in the top 10 in receiving yards twice I believe.

He's gonna get top 10 money easy, if not top 5, and that's being on the end of Brodie Croyle/Damon Huar/Matt Cassel passes.

Ok.

So Imagine us without THAT...

BossChief
11-27-2011, 10:28 AM

They let Ty Law walk.

The one exception is Tom Brady.Show me ONE example of THE PATRIOT WAY letting a 27 year old star player walk.

ONE

All of those guys were past the 30 year old mark when they were let go/traded.

Jamal Charles, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, etc. All of them signed for below market value. Only Hali got paid the big bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowe go elsewhere. Only time will tell.

Brandon Flowers and Hali were both signed to market value type deals and I expect Bowe to be offered a fair market deal, as well.

Here is a list of the contracts for the top 10 receivers in the game. (http://www.numeroten.com/top10/sports/files/top-10-highest-paid-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-2011.html)

10. Anquan Boldin - 2011 Salary $6,000,000 - Base Salary $6,000,000 - Signing Bonus $0 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 4 year / $28,000,000 - Signing Bonus 4 years / $0 - Guaranteed Money $10,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2013 - Age 30 - Team Baltimore Ravens

9. Greg Jennings - 2011 Salary $6,512,500 - Base Salary $2,700,000 - Signing Bonus $2,812,500 - Other Bonuses $1,000,000 - Contract 4 years / $26,885,000 - Signing Bonus 4 years / $11,250,000 - Guaranteed Money $16,250,000 - Last Year of Contract 2012 - Age 27 - Team Green Bay Packers

8. Roddy White - 2011 Salary $6,525,000 - Base Salary $4,000,000 - Signing Bonus $1,000,000 - Other Bonuses $1,525,000 - Contract 6 years / $48,000,000 - Signing Bonus 6 years / $6,000,000 - Guaranteed Money $18,600,000 - Last Year of Contract 2014 - Age 29 - Team Atlanta Falcons

7. Reggie Wayne - 2011 Salary $8,033,333 - Base Salary $5,950,000 - Signing Bonus $2,083,333 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 6 years / $39,500,000 - Signing Bonus 4 years / $12,500,000 - Guaranteed Money $0 - Last Year of Contract 2011 - Age 32 - Team Indianapolis Colts

6. Andre Johnson - 2011 Salary $8,828,571 - Base Salary $6,000,000 - Signing Bonus $400,000 - Other Bonuses $2,428,571 - Contract 7 years / $62,700,000 - Signing Bonus 7 years / $2,800,000 - Guaranteed Money $48,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2016 - Age 30 - Team Houston Texans

5. Miles Austin - 2011 Salary $8,540,000 - Base Salary $8,540,000 - Signing Bonus $0 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 7 years / $57,168,000 - Signing Bonus 7 years / $0 - Guaranteed Money $18,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2016 - Age 27 - Team Dallas Cowboys

4. Steve Smith - 2011 Salary $8,550,000 - Base Salary $7,000,000 - Signing Bonus $1,550,000 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 6 years / $43,850,000 - Signing Bonus 6 years / $9,300,000 - Guaranteed Money $0 - Last Year of Contract 2012 - Age 32 - Team Carolina Panthers

3. Brandon Marshall - 2011 Salary $10,600,000 - Base Salary $6,500,000 - Signing Bonus $1,100,000 - Other Bonuses $3,000,000 - Contract 5 years / $47,300,000 - Signing Bonus 6 years / $5,500,000 - Guaranteed Money $25,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2014 - Age 27 - Team Miami Dolphins

2. Calvin Johnson - 2011 Salary $12,629,133 - Base Salary $8,875,000 - Signing Bonus $2,333,333 - Other Bonuses $1,420,800 - Contract 6 years / $55,500,000 - Signing Bonus 6 years / $14,000,000 - Guaranteed Money $27,178,000 - Last Year of Contract 2012 - Age 25 - Team Detroit Lions

1. Larry Fitzgerald - 2011 Salary $21,500,000 - Base Salary $20,000,000 - Signing Bonus $1,250,000 - Other Bonuses $250,000 - Contract 8 years / $120,000,000 - Signing Bonus 8 years / $10,000,000 - Guaranteed Money $50,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2018 - Age 28 - Team Arizona Cardinals

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:32 AM
I hope Andre Johnson fired his agent...

BossChief
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Id say by the time its all said and done, he will get something in the neighborhood of 5 years/45-50 million with half of that guaranteed.

That would be somewhat "fair market value"

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 10:34 AM
If we dont resign him then I have no words to describe the hatred I will have for Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

same here.
Bowe is our Offense along with Charles.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Id say by the time its all said and done, he will get something in the neighborhood of 5 years/45-50 million with half of that guaranteed.

That would be somewhat "fair market value"

We have the money...

BossChief
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM

No way.

You have to mind the details, bro.

He signed that deal WITH 48 MILLION GUARANTEED when he was 29 years old.

If we had AJ and signed him to that deal at that age, I dont think Id be all in supportive of the deal.

We have to keep age relative to the length of the contract....we don't need to sign a deal that pays Bowe 10 million dollars when he is 33 years old.

Start of next year, he will be 28....that means a 5 year deal makes the most sense and I think he has shown to be worth premium per year dollars.

5/50/25

The Bad Guy
11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Bowe should get about 23 million guaranteed. 5 years, 55 million, 23 mill guaranteed.

Direckshun
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Since we've had Bowe, here are the following QBs that have had to throw passes his way.

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko

Fucking ouch, man. Bowe is a must sign.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Bowe should get about 23 million guaranteed. 5 years, 55 million, 23 mill guaranteed.

you could have "the price is right'd" me and just raised each of my numbers by 1 dollar.....

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Pats havent drafted a high first round QB lately because they havent had to. Dimitroff drafted Matt Ryan. Pioli passed on Sanchez which proved to be a good thing. I dont think Pioli would remain a slave to the "Patriot Way" if the situation were right.

This :thumb:

The Pats will only sign those talented players that still have gas in the tank. They pretty much have hit on all the star players they allowed to walk. Milloy,Law,McGinnis never played lights out like they did in NE. The Seymour trade doesn't happen 'unless' they get a first and they did so I see that as a victory as well for NE.

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Since we've had Bowe, here are the following QBs that have had to throw passes his way.

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko

****ing ouch, man. Bowe is a must sign.

Get your point. And although Orton isn't your 'ideal' he will be a helluva an upgrade for Bowe at this point so hopefully the "Triple B threat" will go into 5th gear by year's end.:thumb:

Bowe still has ADD of the hands on 3rd down which really pisses me off:banghead:

Ebolapox
11-27-2011, 11:02 AM

dude got 48 million guaranteed. his agent is his best friend, man.

Von Dumbass
11-27-2011, 11:09 AM
He was a player with numerous off-the-field problems. The trade also happened 2 years ago, not 2 weeks ago. There was no precedent set with it at all. That's like saying AJ Feeley set the QB market when he was traded from the Eagles to the Dolphins.

I know you're a trolling piece of shit, but at least come here with some semblence of truth.
So you don't think that the Marshall trade would have any effect on Bowe's value?

I think Pioli will use that trade as a starting point in discussions and other teams will try their damndest not to go past it.

notorious
11-27-2011, 11:11 AM
So you don't think that the Marshall trade would have any effect on Bowe's value?

I think Pioli will use that trade as a starting point in discussions and other teams will try their damndest not to go past it.

You just want Bowe in Denver because he is one of the few WR's that have the athletic ability to catch Tebow's "passes".

BossChief
11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
FWIW, I wouldn't trade Bowe for anything short of a 1st and 3rd unless someone comes to bat with a top 15 pick....if that happens, Bowe is gone.

Von Dumbass
11-27-2011, 11:14 AM
You just want Bowe in Denver because he is one of the few WR's that have the athletic ability to catch Tebow's "passes".

I would rather resign Eddie Royal and let DT and Decker continue to develop. WR is one of the last positions Denver should be worried about. I wouldn't mind Denver scooping up Brandon Carr in the offseason though because we need a corner opposite of Champ.

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Is this based on anything? No it is not. The fan base has no idea what the "Patriot Way" is. You can guess and act like you know wtf you are talking about all you want I guess.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I would rather resign Eddie Royal and let DT and Decker continue to develop. WR is one of the last positions Denver should be worried about. I wouldn't mind Denver scooping up Brandon Carr in the offseason though because we need a corner opposite of Champ.

You may want to consider getting a QB who can get them the ball consistently and accurately.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Is this based on anything? No it is not. The fan base has no idea what the "Patriot Way" is. You can guess and act like you know wtf you are talking about all you want I guess.

"Patriot Reign"

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
FWIW, I wouldn't trade Bowe for anything short of a 1st and 3rd unless someone comes to bat with a top 15 pick....if that happens, Bowe is gone.

Amen. I would do that in a heartbeat. :thumb:

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 11:32 AM

:spock: One again... Marshall was a HEADCASE and a risk taken by Miami in the trade. Bowe is better than Marshall on and off the field. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Is this based on anything?

How about a decade of history?...

The Bad Guy
11-27-2011, 11:42 AM
you could have "the price is right'd" me and just raised each of my numbers by 1 dollar.....

You're assuming I read your posts.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2011, 11:44 AM

No, I don't think Dwayne Bowe, a player who has never been in trouble with the law, is going to use what Brandon Marshall got in a trade as a starting point in negotations if the Chiefs were to elect to trade him under a franchise tag.

I think you are a fucking mindless tool who spins everything pro Broncos.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
BTW, you don't EVER trade proven for potential.

Draft picks are like lottery tickets.

Only an idiot trades $10 for $20 in lottery tickets...

whoman69
11-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Trade Bowe? Does nobody else remember when Johnny Morton, Derrick Alexander, Eddie Kennison, Andre Rison, Chris Penn and Willie Davis were our #1 receivers?

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Trade Bowe? Does nobody else remember when Johnny Morton, Derrick Alexander, Eddie Kennison, Andre Rison, Chris Penn and Willie Davis were our #1 receivers?

Derrik Alexander and EK were HUGE steals...