PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton Manning considering retirement.

Count Alex's Losses
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Colts draft Andrew Luck, Chiefs eat shit.

Fox's Chris Myers reporting on FSR, after speaking with Colts Peyton Manning in Indy, he feels better than 50% chance Manning retires. @benmaller via Twitter

Baconeater
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
50%? You mean he may or may not? Way to go out on a limb Myers.

Jerm
What I've thought all along...I'd be shocked if he plays again.

Okie_Apparition
If he goes in to coaching I wonder what postion he has to start at

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Bored today, drama queen?

Count Alex's Losses
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
If he goes in to coaching I wonder what postion he has to start at

fuck you

kstater
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Glad he got his extra 100 million last year.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Elway would replace Fox with him

Brock
I think he will retire. that injury isn't anything to play around with.

Count Alex's Losses

Just passing on the news, fucker.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 06:07 PM
If I were him, I would walk away with all of my honor in place.

Nothing left to prove.

No sense risking a serious neck injury that could cripple you...or worse.

Plenty of money and a possible future in coaching, TV or maybe even movies as he is a great personality.

Brock

Shut up, idiot.

the Talking Can
not surprised....

they'll draft Luck

we'll re-sign Orton and listen to fans talk about 'how fun the show will be'

Brock
11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
not surprised....

they'll draft Luck

we'll re-sign Orton and listen to fans talk about 'how fun the show will be'

9-7 still a possiblilty.

SNR
11-27-2011, 06:10 PM
not surprised....

they'll draft Luck

we'll re-sign Orton and listen to fans talk about 'how fun the show will be'I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE DRAFTURBATORS EXPLODE ITS GONNA BE RLY FUN!!!!11111111111 HAHAHAHAHA

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
9-7 still a possiblilty.

and everything must be done to achieve it, so sayeth Failioli...

lewdog
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
God damn Colts getting another franchise QB. I would rather see almost anyone else (besides divisional foes) get Luck.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Shut up, idiot.

**** off, cockstroke

Brock
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
**** off, cockstroke

Well, you're just a dumbfuck. This is relevant news, gochiefs posted it. Fuck off if you don't like it.

kcchiefsus
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
What bullcrap. Any franchise that has a run like Indy has had with Manning deserves to have a down period, not for things to work perfect and they get the next Peyton Manning.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
9-7 still a possiblilty.10-6 BITCHES!

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Colts draft Andrew Luck, Chiefs eat shit.

The fact that Peyton is retiring IS relevant news, you are correct. The bolded part of the message is nothing more than Clay stirring up more shit to get a reaction. Common sense tells a guy that Luck has been on their horizon for a while now, and this confirms it. I don't like it any more than any other Chief fan that our QB sucks and the Colt fans are some of the luckiest SOB's on the earth to draft high on both Manning and Luck. But, instead of bitching and moaning about things beyond our control, I tend to look for a way to resolve the matter in other ways (NOT ORTON).

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
What bullcrap. Any franchise that has a run like Indy has had with Manning deserves to have a down period, not for things to work perfect and they get the next Peyton Manning.Only one SB win, is not that great of a run.

I'm just glad hes not going to Denver.

Brock
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
But, instead of bitching and moaning about things beyond our control, I tend to look for a way to resolve the matter in other ways (NOT ORTON).

Yeah, and what's that?

cdcox
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Meh. Luck is no Tebow.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah, and what's that?

Depending on the level of suckage the Chiefs display on the field the remaining games this season, a draft day trade isn't out of the question. If not that, Barkley would be my second option, then use the remaining picks to pick up some of the multiple weak spots we need starters for (LG, RT, possibly C, DT, MLB, SS, and depth at FS) This team isn't one man away from being Superbowl caliber.

Brock
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Depending on the level of suckage the Chiefs display on the field the remaining games this season, a draft day trade isn't out of the question. If not that, Barkley would be my second option, then use the remaining picks to pick up some of the multiple weak spots we need starters for (LG, RT, possibly C, DT, MLB, SS, and depth at FS) This team isn't one man away from being Superbowl caliber.

You're fucking dreaming. That's just a stupid pipe dream. Get used to Orton, buddy, he'll be here a couple of years anyway.

Chiefaholic
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Were you one of the "guru's" who said there was no f***ing way Pioli would draft a safety with the #5 overall pick? F*** KC tradition, that crap went out the window when Carl Peterson stepped down.

Time for some football, I'll attempt to reply later

Rams Fan
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Only one SB win, is not that great of a run.

I'm just glad hes not going to Denver.

They won 10+ games from 2002-2010.

That isn't bad.

Brock
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Were you one of the "guru's" who said there was no f***ing way Pioli would draft a safety with the #5 overall pick? F*** KC tradition, that crap went out the window when Carl Peterson stepped down.

Time for some football, I'll attempt to reply later

No gurus ever said that, Peter King reported that Dimitroff told him he didn't think there was any way Pioli would draft a safety that high. Nothing's really changed here, wake up.

milkman
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM

Pioli is going to draft someone like Reily Reiff, true fans will jizz themselves, and later in the draft, He will pick up a 3th or 6th round QB to battle with Ricky Stanzi for developmental 3rd stringer.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 07:13 PM

That isn't bad.None of that matters. SB wins is all that matters.

Bump
11-27-2011, 07:17 PM
typically great players don't make great coaches, but Peyton will be just fine whatever he decides and now it's more obvious than ever that the Colts are tanking. But that's smart if you ask me, I wish we would do that this year.

Count Alex's Losses
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
LMAO

Hilarious that anyone thinks Peyton is going to coach.

Not in a million years.

Fat Elvis
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I'd retire if I were him. Being able to walk is something that I don't take for granted and neither should he.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I look forward to the Chiefs first round playoff exit at the hands of Andrew Luck and the Colts in 2014.

Amnorix
11-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Not a chance in hell Peyton coaches. None, nada, zip, zero.

damaticous
11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep, and I predict 50/50 that I get laid in the next 6 months.

sheesh! really!

I also predict, 50/50 that that 24 beers gets the average man drunk when drank within a 12 hour period.

Predarat
11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
manning then Luck, stupid shitheads.

Royal Fanatic
11-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Before we put Andrew Luck in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, maybe we should let him actually take a snap in the NFL.

He's still just a great prospect. Nothing more.

cardken
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM
How could you as Peyton, sit across from that idiot mouth breathing brother every thanksgiving. Knowing he has the exact same number of rings as he does, in being Peyton is 4 times the Quarterback his brother is. Right situation take a trade. Welcome to New York Jets, throw to Holmes and Plax , not having to worry about a running game as the Colts didn't for a decade. Win the Super Bowl. And enjoy being the center of the NFL universe playing in Gothem with the marketing of the Manning Brothers.

COchief
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Not a chance in hell Peyton coaches. None, nada, zip, zero.

I'll bite, WHY?

He was basically already an OC his whole career... he lives, eats, breathes and shits football. Even though he had just had major surgery, he was almost immediately on the Colt's sideline or booth to help out. So please, do share with us morons your insider info on why you know 100% he'll never coach.

Oh and thanks for making me waste my 1000th post on you with your dickhead "I'm going to post something stupid and not explain myself until someone asks me why bullshit"

Tombstone RJ
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
you guys have Orton, you don't need no luck...

Okie_Apparition
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM
The dew is coming off Luck's rose some
it's still aways until the end of April

KC Tattoo
11-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Ya know we just may end up with Luck after all. So I wish Luck luck in Indianpolis and hope he has something left for us in 2022.

Amnorix
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
I'll bite, WHY?

He was basically already an OC his whole career... he lives, eats, breathes and shits football. Even though he had just had major surgery, he was almost immediately on the Colt's sideline or booth to help out. So please, do share with us morons your insider info on why you know 100% he'll never coach.

A few reasons:

1. money. He doesn't need it, and won't make much coaching.

2. Authority. He's da MAN in Indy. Or at least he was. But he won't be HC to start, probably not even OC. Is he really going to want to start out as QB coach and work his way up for years?

3. Brand/image. Ties back into 2. Being a schlub assistant doesn't help the Peyton Manning brand any. Not compared to all the other stuff he could do.

4. History. Name ONE great QB who went on to be a coach. Not a successful coach. Not a HEAD coach. Just coach. AT ALL! Montana, Marino, Bradshaw, Elway, Tarkenton, Namath, Dawson, Unitas. The list goes on and on. Not a single one coached. They could ALL break down film. They were all great leaders. Why not coach? Well, here's why:

5. It SUCKS! Coaching sucks. It just does. The vast majority of coaches are people who chose it for a career because they love football but couldn't play, at least not past HS or college. Every team has a few former NFL guys as backups at the positions because they're not exactly independently wealthy, and they still love the game enough to do it. But this isn't baseball, or even basketball. Coaching requires crazy hours and commitment, and just sucks, for lousy pay (comparatively) unless your the HC.

Oh and thanks for making me waste my 1000th post on you with your dickhead "I'm going to post something stupid and not explain myself until someone asks me why bullshit"

Yeah, 'cuz I'm one of those "men of few words" types around here... :rolleyes:

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Yep, like I've been saying all year, another step closer to becoming the next head coach/GM of the Colts.

Dicky McElephant
11-28-2011, 10:14 AM
LMAO

Hilarious that anyone thinks Peyton is going to coach.

Not in a million years.

ESPN and the NFL Network will be all over his nuts as soon as he retires.

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Manning retires, Caldwell gets fired, Manning is immediately hired as head coach, Manning drafts Luck, Colts win five straight Super Bowls.

Amnorix
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Manning retires, Caldwell gets fired, Manning is immediately hired as head coach, Manning drafts Luck, Colts win five straight Super Bowls.

Not unless Luck is also going to play defense. :)

Colts are last in the league in points allowed, 29th in yards per game, last in opponent 3rd down percentage, last in opponent 4th down percentage, tied for last in +/- turnover differential.

Let's face it, Manning has been hiding some systemic problems that have been building for the last few years. Their talent base is greatly depleted from what it was just a few years ago.

Manning or not, Luck or not, they're years away from being an elite contender for the Super Bowl again IMHO.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Manning or not, Luck or not, they're years away from being an elite contender for the Super Bowl again IMHO.

And when Brady retires the Shitriots will be right there with them.

Good looking forward.

Amnorix
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM

Good looking forward.

You've got a lot of prayer-bead rubbing and at the very least a few more years before that happens. Patriots window is closing, but not closed.

And you all better hope that Mallett doesn't become the second-coming... That would really suck for y'all... :p

Hog Farmer
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
He's got enough money he could buy a new spine.

Pawnmower
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM

That isn't bad.

it sucks becuse nothing but winning the sb counts for anything

/cp

LiveSteam
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Good looking forward.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/belichick.jpg