Induct him now....

FAX
11-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Hate all you want.

Will do, Mr. Hasty Puddings.

FAX

bowener
11-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the records of the teams "he" has beat?

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
No one needs to hate on him.. his stats hate him enough...

56 for 125 44.8%

That's fucking embarrassing... he's a joke.

Brock
11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Goddamn moron.

KC_Connection
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
As a team, the Broncos are playing with a lot more confidence. Haters can't deny that some of that is certainly because of Tebow.

listopencil

Not this stat: 5-1

jAZ

56 for 125 44.8%

That's fucking embarrassing... he's a joke.

Proof that stats don't win games.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM

That is your TEAM'S stat... for as TERRIBLE as the teams you have beaten are.. I will give credit to your defense and running game for winning games for you.

Tebow hasn't won shit. Let's be honest.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Proof that stats don't win games.

No.. in the case of Denver... DEFENSE does. (combined with playing teams that are as bad as WE are)

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
As a team, the Broncos are playing with a lot more confidence. Haters can't deny that some of that is certainly because of Tebow.

I will concede this point... the team has rallied behind him.. even though he is just plain AWFUL. It's almost painful watching how bad he is. He must really be the NICEST guy on the planet... cuz his ability as a pro QB is nonexistent.

Brock
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Glad they have Tebow, glad they're winning.

Brock
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM

I can deny it, because it isn't true.

Spott
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
The defense is the one winning the games. The Denver offense isn't doing jack shit.

Royal Fanatic
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Hopefully John Elway and John Fox are as stupid as some of the posters in this thread, and they sign Tim Tebow to a lifetime contract.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Hate? I hope he's their quarterback forever.

KC_Connection
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I can deny it, because it isn't true.
Who are you to doubt the Tebow narrative?

listopencil
That is your TEAM'S stat... for as TERRIBLE as the teams you have beaten are.. I will give credit to your defense and running game for winning games for you.

Meh, Tebow didn't beat the Dolphins and Tebow didn't lose to the Lions. It's a team sport. Still, if we're being honest, it's silly to condemn him for his stat line. You and I both know that he brings more to the team than his stats show.

AustinChief

AMEN!

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM

The Broncos were what, 0-5 with the other QB, and are 5-1 since replacing him with Tebow.

Facts are facts.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Meh, Tebow didn't beat the Dolphins and Tebow didn't lose to the Lions. It's a team sport. Still, if we're being honest, it's silly to condemn him for his stat line. You and I both know that he brings more to the team than his stats show.

What he brings is LESS then ANY OTHER STARTING QB in the league right now. Well, except maybe Tyler Palko.

You can't possibly want to build a future around a QB who can't get over a 50% completion rate.

I understand that stats can't paint a complete picture.. but < 50% ??? come on!

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
No.. in the case of Denver... DEFENSE does. (combined with playing teams that are as bad as WE are)

Yeah, the D is keeping us in games. Don't forget Special Teams though. This is the best Special Teams play I've seen from Denver in a looooong time.

Rain Man
(Delete)

Hasty Puddings

He's better than Cassel and anything else the Chiefs have on the QB depth chart. Just sayin'.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
What he brings is LESS then ANY OTHER STARTING QB in the league right now. Well, except maybe Tyler Palko.

You can't possibly want to build a future around a QB who can't get over a 50% completion rate.

This was his sixth game as the starter. Six games. You can even add in the three games from last year when Orton was hurt if you want, we'll call it nine games. It would be pretty stupid to decide the future of a young QB after nine games.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, the D is keeping us in games. Don't forget Special Teams though. This is the best Special Teams play I've seen from Denver in a looooong time.

Agreed.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM

What was Trent Dilfer's completion rate the year the Ravens won the SB?

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
This was his sixth game as the starter. Six games. You can even add in the three games from last year when Orton was hurt if you want, we'll call it nine games. It would be pretty stupid to decide the future of a young QB after nine games.

Oh absolutely... my opinion is that he has not improved significantly and will never be much better than the crap he is now... but by all means... I hope Denver gives him 2-3 more years to find out! :D

Brock
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM

If you're saying he might one day be as good as Trent Dilfer, I'll agree with you.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM

You'd be better off comparing Tebow's stats to Elway's stats after nine starts. The results might surprise you.

Moobs
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
The best part about Tebow is the condescension he provokes from fans and TV pundits. They can't contain it.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh absolutely... my opinion is that he has not improved significantly and will never be much better than the crap he is now... but by all means... I hope Denver gives him 2-3 more years to find out! :D

I think he's going to come out next year and amaze people. The guy really needs an off season and training camp as the starter.

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM

yup he sucked and is the yardstick for a team winning DESPITE their QB... oh and he had a 59%..

Aim high Tebow.. someday you can be Trent Dilfer! (of course Denver's D will never be the 2000 Ravens D)

Valiant
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM

Yeah, Cassel won how many last year?? Hopefully you keep him and don't draft a QB..

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
The best part about Tebow is the condescension he provokes from fans and TV pundits. They can't contain it.

No doubt. YOu just know there are thousands of haters out there seething with rage because the guy won again. LMAO

AustinChief
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I think he's going to come out next year and amaze people. The guy really needs an off season and training camp as the starter.

I disagree.. I think he MAY be able to marginally improve... but there is just too much wrong with him that I don't think ANY amount of coaching will completely fix.

Valiant
11-27-2011, 08:35 PM

Same with Cassel ever year by homers.. All I heard last year going into the playoffs was we never beat anybody good.. I agreed with them.. Same with Denver.. Your D is playing lights out against some shit teams that will do nothing this year..

When you put up a win against a playoff team, then we can talk.. Until then, this is a facade, just like Cassel and the Chiefs last year..

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
yup he sucked and is the yardstick for a team winning DESPITE their QB... oh and he had a 59%..

Aim high Tebow.. someday you can be Trent Dilfer! (of course Denver's D will never be the 2000 Ravens D)

How many rings Dan Marino have, again? Dan Fouts?

jAZ
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM

I'm hardly a Tebow supporter of any kind, but...

Tebow >>> Palko
5-1 >>> 2-3
Denver >>> Chiefs

... time to own up to the scoreboard.

WhiteWhale
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
If Chiefs fans around here should be eating crow about a player on the Broncos, it's not Tebow.

It's Miller. He's been pretty much completely awesome. I can't believe bronco fan isn't piling on more about that.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
The fact is, a QB doesn't have to win the game, he just has to not lose it.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Lol at the Tebow comments. He is elevating the team, and our defense thanks him with steller play.

GB2

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 08:43 PM
If Chiefs fans around here should be eating crow about a player on the Broncos, it's not Tebow.

It's Miller. He's been pretty much completely awesome. I can't believe bronco fan isn't piling on more about that.

It speaks for itself. He is absolutely the DROY. He might be the DPOY.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Lol at the Tebow comments. He is elevating the team, and our defense thanks him with steller play.

GB2

If he sucked so back how come he's only turned the ball over once in six games? Or somehow that doesn't contribute to winning success?

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Same with Cassel every year by homers...

LMAO There is no "every year" for him. This is Tebow's first year as a starter. He had no off season and he just played his sixth game. Keep fucking that chicken.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
It speaks for itself. He is absolutely the DROY. He might be the DPOY.

^

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I'll take it for what it is... a helluva refreshing run compared to the last 2 seasons. It's not pretty and it's not all that impressive, but the team has rallied behind him and the conservative play is winning them games. And, while some (mostly blind Tebow fans) want to bash Elway for not publicly supporting him... I get it, and I'm not 100% on board either. Right now, it's working and that's all I can ask for at the moment.

HonestChieffan
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
best thing about Tebow is how he pisses off haters.

TRR
11-27-2011, 09:05 PM
I hope Tebow is the Broncos QB for the rest of my lifetime. They will never go anywhere with him as the starting QB and this win streak is fantastic for me....Anything to make their front office not go out and draft a real QB is a huge positive for me!

Go Tebow!
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX
11-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I hope Tebow is the Broncos QB for the rest of my lifetime. They will never go anywhere with him as the starting QB and this win streak is fantastic for me....Anything to make their front office not go out and draft a real QB is a huge positive for me!

Go Tebow!
Posted via Mobile Device

This. Exactly this. They will always be around .500 at best with him.

Count Alex's Losses
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Tebow winning games is the worst thing that could happen to Denver. The longer they don't have a legit QB, the longer they spin their wheels.

The league will compile a lot of film on Tebow this offseason and he will probably be even worse next year.

baitism
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I would rather have him than Cassel or Orton.

Pasta Giant Meatball
The defense should be recieving the knob slobbing. Hell he handed off to McGahee and he bust through the line like a madman setting up Denver for the winning FG and the announcer goes..."Tebow leads Denver down the field for the winning score again!!!!" WTF :spock:

Molitoth
The Bronocs winning with Tebow is almost as relevant as when The Chiefs were winning with Cassel. Don't get too excited.

jAZ
11-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Tebow winning games is the worst thing that could happen to Denver. The longer they don't have a legit QB, the longer they spin their wheels.

The league will compile a lot of film on Tebow this offseason and he will probably be even worse next year.

That's quite possible. Until then, it's not that hard - credit where it's due.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 09:23 PM
The defense should be recieving the knob slobbing. Hell he handed off to McGahee and he bust through the line like a madman setting up Denver for the winning FG and the announcer goes..."Tebow leads Denver down the field for the winning score again!!!!" WTF :spock:

Part of the reason I'm a happy camper (other than the wins) is that we have finally returned to running the ball. I absolutely hated the fact that we couldn't run for shit for the last few years. Pathetic. I am loving the running game.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Part of the reason I'm a happy camper (other than the wins) is that we have finally returned to running the ball. I absolutely hated the fact that we couldn't run for shit for the last few years. Pathetic. I am loving the running game.

Exactly, prior to the start of the season... I said that if the Broncos don't run more effectively and if the defense didn't turn things around, it doesn't matter who plays QB. And, right now, they're doing it.

Who knows what they'll do in the offseason and by no means am I 'sold' on him being the long-term answer, but it is a nice change of pace for now.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Exactly, prior to the start of the season... I said that if the Broncos don't run more effectively and if the defense didn't turn things around, it doesn't matter who plays QB. And, right now, they're doing it.

Who knows what they'll do in the offseason and by no means am I 'sold' on him being the long-term answer, but it is a nice change of pace for now.

I am. I think he's the best option.

Ebolapox
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I know three things...

1) tim tebow is not a good QB
2) I'm happy he's the broncos' QB
3) adults who use the term 'haters' are completely retarded

Royal Fanatic
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
What was Kyle Orton's record after 6 games as the starter for the Broncos?

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
I am. I think he's the best option.

Sure, between him and Quinn...

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Sure, between him and Quinn...

Whatever. I would only want two other QB's in the league. Maybe three.

Brock
11-27-2011, 10:13 PM

LMAO

Bane
11-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Just like when they were 6-0,living on a prayer.:fire::fire::fire:

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM

Not sure if you're triple reverse mojoing your post or not... but, there's a lot to like about Tebow and it would be great if he matured in the passing game (granted, we need a few different weapons at TE and lead WR, throw in a more consistent pass catching RB too)... Tebow has everything you like in a starting QB, just needs to improve the passing aspect and be consistent. Tebow doesn't have to be Brees or top 10 annually... but, I need to see something to be more comfortable with him at QB long-term.

Crazy props to the defense and ground attack right now.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Not sure if you're triple reverse mojoing your post or not... but, there's a lot to like about Tebow and it would be great if he matured in the passing game (granted, we need a few different weapons at TE and lead WR, throw in a more consistent pass catching RB too)... Tebow has everything you like in a starting QB, just needs to improve the passing aspect and be consistent. Tebow doesn't have to be Brees or top 10 annually... but, I need to see something to be more comfortable with him at QB long-term.

Crazy props to the defense and ground attack right now.

He'll improve. He's improved every week thus far. This kid had no offseason. And outside of Andrew Luck, there is no QB that's better to draft. I don't think Barkly will come out.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 10:26 PM
He'll improve. He's improved every week thus far. This kid had no offseason. And outside of Andrew Luck, there is no QB that's better to draft. I don't think Barkly will come out.

Nobody had an offseason, that's a weak argument. Tebow is a 2nd year guy that had 3 games under his belt to end 2010. Cam and Dalton didn't haven't an off-season.

I'm just saying that there's a ton to like... and he should be a bit more productive passing the ball at this point.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2011, 10:29 PM
My thing is this... I've jumped out early in support of the previous QBs that were poised to take us to greatness. Griese, Plummer, Cutler... I'm tapping the brake a bit with Tebow, mainly because of the passing issues. Everything else - the guy is nails and exactly the type of guy you want leading your team.

I'm interested in seeing what happens when the Bears defense and then the Patriots come to Denver this year, those will be two big tests.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Nobody had an offseason, that's a weak argument. Tebow is a 2nd year guy that had 3 games under his belt to end 2010. Cam and Dalton didn't haven't an off-season.

I'm just saying that there's a ton to like... and he should be a bit more productive passing the ball at this point.

It's not "weak" when a project passer needs work in OTA's. He should be exactly what he is.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
My thing is this... I've jumped out early in support of the previous QBs that were poised to take us to greatness. Griese, Plummer, Cutler... I'm tapping the brake a bit with Tebow, mainly because of the passing issues. Everything else - the guy is nails and exactly the type of guy you want leading your team.

I'm interested in seeing what happens when the Bears defense and then the Patriots come to Denver this year, those will be two big tests.

I can understand that.

I think we'll have a good chance to beat both those teams.

The only thing that matters is to beat Minnesota.

Oh Snap
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Induct him now....

I hear theyre making room for him in Canton.

But in reality, Denvers defense is 5-1. Denver wins despite Tebow.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-27-2011, 10:34 PM

It's impressive that they are winning with Jesus Jr. behind center...I just wish they would give credit to the guys that are truly winning the games. That defense has been ridiculously good lately. I made fun of them all offseason, so I have to give them props.

Rivers had 3 chances to win the game and they put a stop to it.

MagicHef
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
It's just amazing to me how the defense, running game, special teams, etc. started playing so much better the minute Tebow took over.

Bearcat
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM
A Tebow quarterbacked team is winning games, and Tyler Palko had a chance to beat the Steelers.... the NFL sucks.

evenfall
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Tebow has everything you like in a starting QB, just needs to improve the passing aspect.

Isn't this a bit like saying "this car is great, except the engine is blown"?

listopencil
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM

Tebow was drafted as a project who needed work. He didn't get that work. Look at his original contract. The FO at the time he was drafted (McD) did not intend to play him until 2012. Sure it would be great if he played as well as the first overall pick in the draft, instead of like a guy we reached a bit for to grab at the bottom of the first. Sure it would be great if he played like a rookie phenom. It's not happening and it's not unusual.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 10:51 PM
It's impressive that they are winning with Jesus Jr. behind center...I just wish they would give credit to the guys that are truly winning the games. That defense has been ridiculously good lately. I made fun of them all offseason, so I have to give them props.

Rivers had 3 chances to win the game and they put a stop to it.

Von Miller was just crazy good today. The whole Defense is playing very well, but Miller is just unbelievably good.

cdcox
11-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Wake me up when he wins a SB.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Wake me up when he wins a SB.

Wake me up when you win a SB.

MagicHef
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Von Miller was just crazy good today. The whole Defense is playing very well, but Miller is just unbelievably good.

I'm going to get glasses like his, and I don't even wear glasses.

cdcox
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Wake me up when you win a SB.

I'm at least willing to admit we don't have a viable QB. I really don't think you do either. I could point to stats, but you want to point to wins. Fine, there is only one that counts.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Yeah, he made some big plays against the run too. His pressure brought many a tears in the eye and crap in the pants of Rivers.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm at least willing to admit we don't have a viable QB. I really don't think you do either. I could point to stats, but you want to point to wins. Fine, there is only one that counts.

I think we have a young QB that will get better, and that it would be stupid to pass judgement on the guy after he's played nine games in the NFL.

You must be a bitter, bitter man only counting Super Bowls. It's amazing that you can even manage to root for your team. Sucks to be you.

Buck
11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Actually he's not 5-1 as a starter.

cdcox
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I think we have a young QB that will get better, and that it would be stupid to pass judgement on the guy after he's played nine games in the NFL.

You must be a bitter, bitter man only counting Super Bowls. It's amazing that you can even manage to root for your team. Sucks to be you.

You are entitled to your opinion. I think this will be a 3 to 4 year experiment for you guys that will end in failure. I'd be pissed if my team were going that direction, but if you're having fun, enjoy.

Basically, the Donks are winning in spite of Tebow, but if wins help the team overlook sub-standard QB play, you go girl.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM

I assume he's not counting the three games he started when Orton was hurt last year.

Straight, No Chaser
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I think we have a young QB that will get better, and that it would be stupid to pass judgement on the guy after he's played nine games in the NFL...

Tebow must have done a good job of running the ball tonight. However, maybe we should wait until he's played 10 games in the NFL before we judge Jesus...

Broncos have a good string of wins going considering this is the point in past seasons they dive down to the bottom of the AFCW after quick Shaninigan starts.

Chief fans probably amused at Tebow's success mostly because they like Bronco-Fan myopia about this dude being QBoF in Denver... we like it.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. I think this will be a 3 to 4 year experiment for you guys that will end in failure. I'd be pissed if my team were going that direction, but if you're having fun, enjoy.

Basically, the Donks are winning in spite of Tebow, but if wins help the team overlook sub-standard QB play, you go girl.

Yep, my team is playing outstanding Defense and Special Teams. On Offense we are finally effective running the ball after several years of ineptitude. We have some good young players across the board, most notably our QB. With experience I think he will make our passing game effective too. So I'm a happy camper. Go ahead and stew in your misery, though. Have a nice life. If you can.

listopencil
11-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Tebow must have done a good job of running the ball tonight. However, maybe we should wait until he's played 10 games in the NFL before we judge Jesus...

Broncos have a good string of wins going considering this is the point in past seasons they dive down to the bottom of the AFCW after quick Shaninigan starts.

Chief fans probably amused at Tebow's success mostly because they like Bronco-Fan myopia about this dude being QBoF in Denver... we like it.

Cool. I hope you'll hang around on the board long enough to see him develop, instead of hiding and pretending you never posted this.

suds79
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Do we really need a Tim Tebow thread after every Denver game? :rolleyes:

Getting a little old.

What's funny is for the people out there who say "Look at all the media coverage the guy gets." While they're right, we're no better. Every single week another thread several pages deep.

Simply Red
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM

I like how you quietly like the Chiefs. i swear you do... I know this because you're one of my boys.

Setsuna
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
It's funny how Broncos are 5-1 with Tim @ the helm and you can't even give him some credit for that. Actual facts you flat out refuse to credit him anything. Yet you all make absolute statements about his future and the future of the Broncos when you have 100% zero idea what will happen and are hoping with your lives you are right. You deny facts and are confident on non facts about the future. That is ugly hate. Hate because you can't say one nice, good thing about him pertaining to his play. He made some good throws yesterday. But you will never say that because you can't or you will burst into flames. You didn't watch the game, ok so look at highlights, you'll see the throws and can make a statement on that, but you won't. Because it is hate. You would rather belittle and talk bad about him to make you feel better. And it's pathetic. I'm speaking to everyone who made idiotic, ignorant statements as if they were fact and already occurred, as well as the people talking about defense as being the only reason. I don't deny that they are 80% responsible but to say the QB gets no part of the other 20% is hate, no fact. Your lives must be sad. Hope you let go of that hate, it will eat your lives away.

Chiefaholic
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
I sincerely hope that Elway makes the Donkey fans happy by giving Tebow a record breaking contract extension in the very near future. Judging from the obnoxious Bronco fans here, he's worth $20+ million per on a 10 year deal with at least $50 million guaranteed. Bronco fans unite and mail letters to Elway ASAP to get Tebow signed long term NOW! Don't wait till it's too late....

cdcox
11-28-2011, 12:06 AM
It's funny how Broncos are 5-1 with Tim @ the helm and you can't even give him some credit for that. Actual facts you flat out refuse to credit him anything. Yet you all make absolute statements about his future and the future of the Broncos when you have 100% zero idea what will happen and are hoping with your lives you are right. You deny facts and are confident on non facts about the future. That is ugly hate. Hate because you can't say one nice, good thing about him pertaining to his play. He made some good throws yesterday. But you will never say that because you can't or you will burst into flames. You didn't watch the game, ok so look at highlights, you'll see the throws and can make a statement on that, but you won't. Because it is hate. You would rather belittle and talk bad about him to make you feel better. And it's pathetic. I'm speaking to everyone who made idiotic, ignorant statements as if they were fact and already occurred, as well as the people talking about defense as being the only reason. I don't deny that they are 80% responsible but to say the QB gets no part of the other 20% is hate, no fact. Your lives must be sad. Hope you let go of that hate, it will eat your lives away.

How about some objective analysis about why Denver has been winning and how much credit Tebow deserves?

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/11/how-is-tebow-winning.html

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/11/introducing-trent-dilfer-club.html

It sucks that Denver's defense is darn good and getting better.

I'm glad they have hitched their wagon to Tebow for the next few years.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
How about some objective analysis about why Denver has been winning and how much credit Tebow deserves?

What amuses me most about the eggheads out there is they think they can manage things from a spreadsheet. lol.

tk13
11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
We'll see what happens when they play New England in a couple weeks. They win that game and the fabric of the universe may unravel. Elway's going to find himself in an interesting little pickle. He obviously knows he'd rather have a traditional pocket QB but the fans might turn on him if Tebow runs this team into a wild card spot and they bring in a QB that stinks it up next year.

Chiefaholic
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
What amuses me most about the eggheads out there is they think they can manage things from a spreadsheet. lol.

Watching the game and realizing that Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 20 yards pretty much made up my mind. But, you can use the spreadsheet displaying that Tebow is REALLY a FB under center if that makes you feel good. Just completely ignore that Denver defense is playing lights out and McGahee revived his career behind an O-Line that excells at both pass protection and run blocking.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Watching the game and realizing that Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 20 yards pretty much made up my mind. But, you can use the spreadsheet displaying that Tebow is REALLY a FB under center if that makes you feel good. Just completely ignore that Denver defense is playing lights out and McGahee revived his career behind an O-Line that excells at both pass protection and run blocking.

You didn't watch the game. Or at least you didn't pay attention. Otherwise you wouldn't have started your paragraph with that bullshit you posted. And I didn't ignore anything. I kniw more about whats going on than you do. Call him a fullback if you want. Even though he'd be a runningback. Your team got beat with a runningback at QB.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 12:24 AM
We'll see what happens when they play New England in a couple weeks. They win that game and the fabric of the universe may unravel. Elway's going to find himself in an interesting little pickle. He obviously knows he'd rather have a traditional pocket QB but the fans might turn on him if Tebow runs this team into a wild card spot and they bring in a QB that stinks it up next year.

Tebow will start next year. The rest is just drama. Tebow has taken the decision out of everyone's hands.

Count Alex's Losses
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM

Brilliant. Tebow has their fan base duped.

The Broncos could literally waste 5 years on this guy.

Chiefaholic
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
You didn't watch the game. Or at least you didn't pay attention. Otherwise you wouldn't have started your paragraph with that bullshit you posted. And I didn't ignore anything. I kniw more about whats going on than you do. Call him a fullback if you want. Even though he'd be a runningback. Your team got beat with a runningback at QB.

I'm not the person beating my chest because the Chiefs ALMOST beat a REAL contender with Palco under center. Damn near every QB in the league would have better stats in Denver right now than Tebow. Tebow is a larger scale of Palco who can run.

Von Dumbass
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM

Have you watched the last 5 minutes of any Broncos game this year? Tebow has the highest QB rating in the NFL in the 4th quarter.

Brock
11-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Have you watched the last 5 minutes of any Broncos game this year? Tebow has the highest QB rating in the NFL in the 4th quarter.

LMAO

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not the person beating my chest because the Chiefs ALMOST beat a REAL contender with Palco under center. Damn near every QB in the league would have better stats in Denver right now than Tebow. Tebow is a larger scale of Palco who can run.

Naw...Tebow is Tebow and Palko is Palko. Stats don't mean shit.

Priest Holmes once gained 300 plus all purpose yards in a game. The Chiefs lost that day. So nobody cares. Stats do not and have never mattered. Its for geeks who realized baseball is boring. Wins and sportsmanship and the only thing that counts.

listopencil
11-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Check this out-

Most sacks in a rookie season: 14.5 (Jeavon Kearse)
Von Miller with 5 games to go: 10.5

listopencil
11-28-2011, 01:44 AM

If Denver beats New England I think my head might explode. Then again...we've got a hell of a pass rush and the Pats haven't got much other than Brady. The pats D is questionable. No, I don't want to even think about it.

Dave Lane
11-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Thank Tebow. My greatest nitemare was Denver would trade up and get Luck in the draft, I hope they win 2 more and go 8-8.

They can pick at 17 :)

MagicHef
11-28-2011, 02:57 AM

So weird that the exact same line was terrible at both pass protection and run blocking just 7 short weeks ago.

Von Dumbass
11-28-2011, 04:23 AM
If Tebow started every game this year Denver would be 8-3. He isn't as bad of a passer as his stats make him look, nearly a third of his passes are deep balls and even the most accurate of passers in the NFL don't complete a high% of their deep balls.

32% of Tebow's passes are deep balls (passes longer than 20 yards) and he has completed 20% of them

8% of Tom Brady's passes are deep balls (passes longer than 20 yards) and he has completed 27% of them.

Also in each game our receivers drop at least three balls and that kills his comp% because he doesn't throw that much. He is going to be scary good next year... getting all the reps in the offseason is going to help him immensely.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 05:56 AM
It's more than drops... he misfires as well, either throwing just short or 2 feet over their heads. You can't say Denver would be 8-3 with any real certainty.

Tebow is learning and improving - the team has rallied around him and that speaks highly about his leadership. The guy isn't turning the ball over and he never quits - those are all great things. If he can continue to improve his consistency in the passing game, he could be really scary.

There are some missing parts on the offense if he's the long-term answer, and they can address that in the off-season. It's risky having your QB in an offense like this at the pro level and without a backup in place that runs the same style, that really concerns me as well.

tredadda
11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Like Tebow or hate him but he has as many wins as Cassel, Palko, and Orton combined this year and conveniently they are or will be our starters this year.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Again, everyone is wrapped up with who is playing QB... and they do receive the bulk of the praise and fault at times.

Defense and rushing are two big factors here - especially defense

Yards allowed and points allowed vs this Defense (aside from the Lions game) are vastly different than compared to the first 5 games.

@ MIN, CHI and NEP during the next 3 weeks will be interesting.

TheGuardian
11-28-2011, 07:29 AM
I'd rather the Donks win the division than the Raiders. I fucking hate the Raiders and their fans with a purple passion.

Buehler445
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM
A Tebow quarterbacked team is winning games, and Tyler Palko had a chance to beat the Steelers.... the NFL sucks.

This. A lot. It's amazing. Nobody has any consistency.

Your argument is Tebow is good because he beat us?

In case you haven't noticed, WE SUCK BALLS.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
This. A lot. It's amazing. Nobody has any consistency.

Your argument is Tebow is good because he beat us?

In case you haven't noticed, WE SUCK BALLS.

No. Tim is good because as a QB he's 5-1 this season.

and no...the Chiefs do not "suck". You have good players at most positions. You should...you've been drafting high in the top ten for years. What you have this season is a rash of bad injuries.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
It's more than drops... he misfires as well, either throwing just short or 2 feet over their heads. You can't say Denver would be 8-3 with any real certainty.

Tebow is learning and improving - the team has rallied around him and that speaks highly about his leadership. The guy isn't turning the ball over and he never quits - those are all great things. If he can continue to improve his consistency in the passing game, he could be really scary.

There are some missing parts on the offense if he's the long-term answer, and they can address that in the off-season. It's risky having your QB in an offense like this at the pro level and without a backup in place that runs the same style, that really concerns me as well.

Some of those are throw aways.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2011, 10:54 AM

and no...the Chiefs do not "suck". You have good players at most positions. You should...you've been drafting high in the top ten for years. What you have this season is a rash of bad injuries.

Tim is not good at playing QB. All one has to do is watch him.

Denver has won four of their five games by scoring 16,17, 17, and 18 points.

You're winning because of defense, and Tebowmania has tricked all of you from giving credit where it's properly deserved.

Von Miller is incredible, and the whole defense has improved around him. He's had exactly the effect that Elway expected when he drafted him. A Derrick Thomas-like effect on the whole defense.

Tebow's 4th quarter heroics are impressive, I'll give you that. He basically sucks total dick, but makes plays late.

Setsuna
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM

He deserves some credit though correct? I'm saying, yall give him zero credit and that is completely untrue, and attributed to resentment or something negative.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Some of those are throw aways.

Not the ones I'm thinking about...

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Tim is not good at playing QB. All one has to do is watch him.

Denver has won four of their five games by scoring 16,17, 17, and 18 points.

You're winning because of defense, and Tebowmania has tricked all of you from giving credit where it's properly deserved.

Von Miller is incredible, and the whole defense has improved around him. He's had exactly the effect that Elway expected when he drafted him. A Derrick Thomas-like effect on the whole defense.

Tebow's 4th quarter heroics are impressive, I'll give you that. He basically sucks total dick, but makes plays late.

Tebow has improved the last few games... he's missing guys at times, and there were a few that should have been caught yesterday. They don't have the right tools to make that offense work with him. They need a legit pass catching TE and a pass catching RB to assist with what McGahee is doing.

Decker and Royal are good fits, but they are not true #1-#2 options like they're being asked to play right now.

listopencil
11-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Tebow has improved the last few games... he's missing guys at times, and there were a few that should have been caught yesterday. They don't have the right tools to make that offense work with him. They need a legit pass catching TE and a pass catching RB to assist with what McGahee is doing.

Decker and Royal are good fits, but they are not true #1-#2 options like they're being asked to play right now.

We need to develop Thomas and Decker as 1-2. I think Royal walks.

vailpass
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
It is in the human nature to hate that which illumines our own shortcomings.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
We need to develop Thomas and Decker as 1-2. I think Royal walks.

I'd like to know what the coaches think of Thomas... I haven't seen or read much to be impressed or disappointed, I just know that he seems to be invisible. I like Decker and Royal in this offense... would be great to still have Lloyd.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
And, the crazy thing is how the remaining games are shaping up...

@ Vikings (possibly no Adrian Peterson)
Bears (Caleb Hanie)
Patriots (huge game, dominating and Denver will need their A Game)
@ Bills (who knows which team shows, but I won't count Denver out)
Chiefs (another who knows what happens, gut says Denver wins, but it's the AFCW and anything happens)

Denver's defense and ground attack keeps doing their thing... 4-1 isn't unrealistic. They're bound to lose one of these close games at some point and each of these teams can go off, but I like their chances of 3-2 at worst.

Setsuna
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd like to know what the coaches think of Thomas... I haven't seen or read much to be impressed or disappointed, I just know that he seems to be invisible. I like Decker and Royal in this offense... would be great to still have Lloyd.

I feel like he doesn't know the playbook or can't grasp it yet, so he runs wrong routes more often than not.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
I feel like he doesn't know the playbook or can't grasp it yet, so he runs wrong routes more often than not.

I wasn't impressed with the draft pick at all when it was done... hell, I cursed both those R1 picks. :doh!:

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-28-2011, 01:24 PM

My gaydar just went off.

Oh Snap
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Dont know why, but for some reason, I would rather the broncos win the division than the raiders. I HATE the raiders.

Chief Roundup
11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
The reason the Donkos have won lately is Von Miller and the Denver D stepping up. Not Tebow. Hell Elway even said they are still looking for a QB.

Von Dumbass
11-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Why is it so hard for Chiefs fans to give Tebow credit? Only thing I can come up with is that they are having Elway flashbacks and are sick to their stomach.

Fish
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Why is it so hard for Chiefs fans to give Tebow credit? Only thing I can come up with is that they are having Elway flashbacks and are sick to their stomach.

Credit for what?

Otter
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM

I like Tebow and say what you want about 'flukes' but those flukes are regular. I just hate he's doing it for a division rival. At least it's not the Raiders but it's too close.

Wish him all the luck until he's playing guys wearing an arrowhead.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Tebow certainly has a flair for the dramatic and a never say die attitude... but he is not, nor will he ever be Elway. People that want to continue the comparisons do neither of these guys any good, especially Tebow.

There are some 'similarities' right now with how the team is raising their level of play, but this turnaround is Tebow inspired and predominantly a result of the defense playing incredibly well.

I agree with the stance that Elway has... those that are taking shots at him for not being more in the corner of Tebow need to get their head's checked.

There's still a lot to prove and much to be seen, but as Deion put it on NFLN .. don't worry so much about "what can he be", just enjoy what you're seeing right now and see what happens.

MagicHef
11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I just don't understand why it's such a mystery that the Broncos are winning. They're using the oldest and most proven strategy to win in the NFL.

1: Best running game in the league
2: Game manager QB that doesn't turn the ball over
3: Great defense
4: Great special teams

Chiefspants
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM

So, you're saying that Matt Cassel led the Chiefs to the playoffs last year?

Buehler445
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM

Wrong on all accounts. Dungver is winning because tebow is not making mistakes. Much like Cassel last year. No turnovers and let the running game win. Cassel sucks. Tebow sucks. End.

Kansas City sucks. Yeah. Injuries. But good teams overcome injuries. For all the "good players" we have, we still can't get shit done. Defense showed up Sunday but our Defense with 2 top 5 guys on the line, a first round LB, and one of the better corner tandems in the league has been blown the fuck clear out of several ballgames.

Our offense, Which has a line that grades out positive almost every game per PFF, which has 2 first round draft picks and a sought after FA for receivers, a second round running back and another one that weighs 250 and according to Collinsworth last night runs a 4.4 40, has been fucking curb stomped to the tune of 45 possessions 1 TD.

You, sir, are unequivocally incorrect.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 12:37 AM

A 44 percent completion percentage tends to make ones opinion of an NFL QB to be of the lesser variety.

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Wrong on all accounts. Dungver is winning because tebow is not making mistakes. Much like Cassel last year. No turnovers and let the running game win. Cassel sucks. Tebow sucks. End.

He is nothing like Cassel last year. Cassel never willed the Chiefs to victory with countless game winning drives. Cassel wasn't the sole reason that the running game was working either, we wouldn't be the #1 rushing team in the league if Tebow didn't account for nearly a third of our rushing yards.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
He is nothing like Cassel last year. Cassel never willed the Chiefs to victory with countless game winning drives. Cassel wasn't the sole reason that the running game was working either, we wouldn't be the #1 rushing team in the league if Tebow didn't account for nearly a third of our rushing yards.

He's a damn good running back. He can't throw a football for shit. That defense "willed" your team to victories BTW. You don't get to come back in the end if the team doesn't keep you in the game.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qNC8xRo9vXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM

So now Tebow is comparable to Elway?

If you say so champ.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
So now Tebow is comparable to Elway?

If you say so champ.

Every time Tebow throws a ball 10 feet over the recievers head, KnowMo gets a pup tent. Let's just say, he gets alot of those during Denver games.

The lil shit was right about VON though. He's the real deal.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 10:22 AM

Would you trade Tebow for Matt Stafford?

CrazyHorse
11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
All Grossman did for the Bears on thier SB year was win. But I just thought it was the defense and ST that was winning for them.

How many points a game is Tebows offense puting up? Just curious.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
All Grossman did for the Bears on thier SB year was win. But I just thought it was the defense and ST that was winning for them.

How many points a game is Tebows offense puting up? Just curious.

They are winning because of defense and timely miracles like onside kicks and pick sixes.

CrazyHorse
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
If you had to let 1 player go, which would it be?

Von Miller or tim Tebow?

Von Miller and the Denver defense is the reason they are winning.

I mean hell, put Miller on offense and he could probably hand the ball off 50 times a game and complete 2 passes in 60 minutes.

Miller took over the Chiefs game, then did it again the next week in the Jets game. No way Denver wins the Jets game without a pick 6 from the D. Until the final drive, Tebow and the offense generated 3 points in the jets game. Giving Tebow credit for the win for one good drive in that game, when the defense played for 60 minutes is an insult to the team. Not to mention it lacks any football awareness.

The Iron Chief
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM

Get with the program.
The off season..training camp and preseason games are all very much Over rated.
Just Ask Haley.

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
He's a damn good running back. He can't throw a football for shit. That defense "willed" your team to victories BTW. You don't get to come back in the end if the team doesn't keep you in the game.

Our defense has been phenomenal and has kept us in every game except one. But when the game is on the line Tebow will not be denied. It is amazing how inept the offense looks for 55 minutes but you just know that if it's close at the end we are gonna win, I haven't had this much confidence in a QB in 13 years.

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Would you trade Tebow for Matt Stafford?

I honestly wouldn't. Aaron Rodgers would be the only QB I would consider trading Tebow for and even then I probably wouldn't because he is almost 30. Tebow is only 24 and he has tremendous upside. Every young QB struggles with accuracy their first couple years, Tebow will get it down there isn't a doubt in my mind.

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
If you had to let 1 player go, which would it be?

Von Miller or tim Tebow?

Von Miller and the Denver defense is the reason they are winning.

I mean hell, put Miller on offense and he could probably hand the ball off 50 times a game and complete 2 passes in 60 minutes.

Miller took over the Chiefs game, then did it again the next week in the Jets game. No way Denver wins the Jets game without a pick 6 from the D. Until the final drive, Tebow and the offense generated 3 points in the jets game. Giving Tebow credit for the win for one good drive in that game, when the defense played for 60 minutes is an insult to the team. Not to mention it lacks any football awareness.

Von is fucking amazing. There isn't a defensive player drafted in the past 30 years I would trade him for.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Von is ****ing amazing. There isn't a defensive player drafted in the past 30 years I would trade him for.

I love you kid.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow... so Tebow and Von Miller are the best draft picks in the last 3 decades?

It will be interesting to see how the season pans out. I'm cautiously optimistic and enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. The team believes in him and that's greatness, they're raising their play... it's all about the defense, run game and playing smart.

Setsuna
11-29-2011, 11:53 AM
My gaydar just went off.

You jest right? Not once did I say anything promoting Tim, I just said facts and you reply with some backhanded, idiotic, off topic comment like that. You need to reevaluate your life.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
You jest right? Not once did I say anything promoting Tim, I just said facts and you reply with some backhanded, idiotic, off topic comment like that. You need to reevaluate your life.

Shit was funny, lighten up.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Kansas City sucks. Yeah. Injuries. But good teams overcome injuries. For all the "good players" we have, we still can't get shit done. Defense showed up Sunday but our Defense with 2 top 5 guys on the line, a first round LB, and one of the better corner tandems in the league has been blown the **** clear out of several ballgames.

Our offense, Which has a line that grades out positive almost every game per PFF, which has 2 first round draft picks and a sought after FA for receivers, a second round running back and another one that weighs 250 and according to Collinsworth last night runs a 4.4 40, has been ****ing curb stomped to the tune of 45 possessions 1 TD.

You, sir, are unequivocally incorrect.

Wrong.

-You have no idea the impact that Tebow is making on this team. For example, his style of play and running the football is making one of the biggest impacts. The proper way to play football; protects the defense. This enhances the symbiotic nature of the offense and defense

-The Chiefs have a very talented team. You just don't have a QB. Outside of that you have a very talented team. Another problem you have IMO is Haley isn't a very good coach at getting the most out of his players by playing to their strengths. But just as a reminder:
--Derek Johnson - First round
--Jamal Charles - Thrid Round
--McCluster - Second Round
--Tamba Hali - First Round
--Brandon Flowers - Second Round
--Eric Berry - First Round
--Branden Albert - First Round
--Dwayne Bowe - First Round
--Tyson Jackson - First Round

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I honestly wouldn't. Aaron Rodgers would be the only QB I would consider trading Tebow for and even then I probably wouldn't because he is almost 30. Tebow is only 24 and he has tremendous upside. Every young QB struggles with accuracy their first couple years, Tebow will get it down there isn't a doubt in my mind.

Thanks. I was trying to gauge your level of insanity.

http://lynnrockets.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/batshit-crazy.jpg

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM

I would take Brees and Rodgers over Tebow, and maybe Tom Brady. That's it. The rest is a wash

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I would take Brees and Rodgers over Tebow, and maybe Tom Brady. That's it. The rest is a wash

Big Ben?

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Tebow's success due to production and protection, not magic

But Tebow himself has been deadly with the ball in his hands. He produces touchdowns at an amazing clip, better than any quarterback in football in his brief career. Here's a comparison of Tebow vs. some of the more prolific quarterbacks in recent history.

Career percentage of touches that result in a TD:
Tim Tebow -- 6.0 percent
Aaron Rodgers -- 5.7 percent
Peyton Manning -- 5.5 percent
Tom Brady -- 5.1 percent
Drew Brees -- 4.7 percent
John Elway -- 3.9 percent

But the Broncos are winning not just because Tebow protects the football, but because he protects it better than any QB in the game today. Here's how he stacks up against some of the more prolific QBs in the game today.

Career interception percentage:
Tim Tebow -- 1.78 percent
Aaron Rodgers -- 1.83 percent
Tom Brady -- 2.2 percent
Drew Brees -- 2.71 percent
Peyton Manning -- 2.75 percent
John Elway -- 3.1 percent

Add in that Tebow has lost just one fumble in his career (with four INT) and his turnover rate is an incredibly miniscule 1.4 percent.

Our introduction of Real QB Rating this year has proven fortuitous. After all, it provides a perfect way to compare Tebow to opposing passers. (Get a full explanation of Real Quarterback Rating in the footnotes below.)

Here's how Tebow stacks up against each opposing quarterback this year in traditional passer rating and in Real Quarterback Rating.

Week 7 -- Denver 18, Miami 15
Matt Moore: 92.6 passer rating; 69.6 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 91.7 passer rating; 80.5 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+10.9)

Week 8 -- Detroit 45, Denver 10
Matt Stafford-Shaun Hill: 126.0 passer rating; 118.2 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 56.8 passer rating; 48.2 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Stafford (+70.0)

Week 9 -- Denver 38, Oakland 24
Carson Palmer: 79.7 passer rating; 69.4 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 98.1 passer rating; 108.2 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+38.8)

Week 10 -- Denver 17, Kansas City 10
Matt Cassel-Tyler Palko: 73.2 passer rating; 67.9 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 102.6 passer rating; 122.7 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+54.8)

Week 11 -- Denver 17, N.Y. Jets 13
Mark Sanchez: 67.9 passer rating; 62.2 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 61.3 passer rating; 87.1 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+24.9)

Week 12 -- Denver 16, San Diego 13
Philip Rivers: 77.1 passer rating, 68.8 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 95.4 pass rating, 94.4 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+25.6)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Real QB Rating ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Von Dumbass
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Real QB Rating is superior to the regular QB Rating system because it actually takes into account everything a QB does.

* (An explanation of Real Quarterback Rating. The indicator is calculated just like passer rating, which is based upon four factors: completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD percentage and interception percentage. You need five raw pieces of data to do the calculation: attempts, completions, yards, TDs and INTs. We use the same formula for Real QB Rating, but add in the impact of rush attempts, rush TDS, sacks and fumbles, in this manner: ATT (attempts) = pass attempts + rush attempts + plus sacks; ADV (advances) = completions + rush attempts. NetYds (net yards) = passing yards + rushing yards -- yards lost on sacks. TDs (touchdowns) = TDs passing + TDs rushing by QBs. TOs (turnovers) = interceptions + fumbles by QBs. QBR (Quarterback Rating). We then punch those five numbers into our passer rating calculator to spit out the Real QB Rating.)

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Seems like something a Tebow disciple made up to defend his honor.

Frazod
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
One of my friends won the office pool for the third time this year - but he's one of those clowns who puts almost no thought into his picks and lists the confidence numbers in order every week. His lucky streak is maddening.

Anyway, today I told him he was the Tim Tebow of the office pool. He said "what do you mean?"

I replied "Because you suck, but you keep on winning." :D

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Those are nice stats and an interesting way to look at things... I'm hoping you changed your pants after reading it though.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM

It's real.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Big Ben?

Hell yes.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 01:38 PM
It's real.

Might as well call it a Shitshispantsometer

He crapped his pants less than his opponents in games they won. Cassel and Sanchez about broke the damn machine.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Might as well call it a Shitshispantsometer

He crapped his pants less than his opponents in games they won. Cassel and Sanchez about broke the damn machine.

Not commenting on Tebow in particular, just saying QBR isn't something KnowMo made up.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
One thing you can say about Tebow is he doesn't lose his composure... he's very focused. The leadership factor is off the charts with the guy, if they can build around him... it could help increase the passing game to a level that is more acceptable to so many.

There are several keys to building a consistent contender - strong defense, strong running game, great leader at QB. I don't think the QB has to be prolific, but we're in an era where the prolific QB more often than not is holding the trophy at the end of the season. So, can Tebow improve enough in the passing game to take Denver where they hope to go... it's very possible.

The season isn't over yet, so I'm just going to enjoy this right now and see how things improve and how it all ends.

DBOSHO
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Lol jesus

"i MIGHT take tom brady over tebow."

Once then play a real offense theyre gonna get fucking rocked.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Lol jesus

Once then play a real offense theyre gonna get ****ing rocked.

We'll find out... do any of the remaining teams on their schedule qualify for what you're describing?

Vikings, Bears, Patriots, Bills, Chiefs....

Were the Raiders, Jets and Chargers not real offenses? And, regarding Tebow (the topic of debate), should you statement be more geared to a real defense that they play?

vailpass
11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Lol jesus

Once then play a real offense theyre gonna get ****ing rocked.

You don't feel Denver's D is solid?

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM

Tough to say at this point given the shit they've played. We'll know more after the Pats game.

Their offense does a good job of shortening the game so that makes the defensive stats look a little better then they would playing with a normal offense that doesn't run so much clock.

It's a smart move though. An inferior team in any sport should try to make the game as short as possible.

Mr. Kotter
11-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Glad they have Tebow, glad they're winning.

Wow. Something Brock said that I can agree with. :eek:

vailpass
11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Tough to say at this point given the shit they've played. We'll know more after the Pats game.

Their offense does a good job of shortening the game so that makes the defensive stats look a little better then they would playing with a normal offense that doesn't run so much clock.

It's a smart move though. An inferior team in any sport should try to make the game as short as possible.

Agreed. I'm not convinced a D that was that bad can suddenly be that good. Von Miller is obviously a player but I chalk a lot of it up to a mix of playing shitty teams and the D playing as a unit because of Tebow.

Denver is using what they have to the maximum. Smart moves by some coaches that know football (even if they are holding their noses while they call the plays).

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Agreed. I'm not convinced a D that was that bad can suddenly be that good.

Several things could be at play there too... the labor agreement issues didn't give teams time to get players in and adjusted. Denver had a ton of changes, so did it just take time for the new coaches, players, etc to adjust? It took Elvis some time to get back into the groove. So, it could be a mix of that and the fact that sometimes team need a dramatic change to instill a new belief system.

I think the whole team has bought into Tebow's leadership and what he can do... not necessarily focusing on what he can't do. Leaders inspire others to raise their game, we see it all the time. So, they've latched on to him and they've recognized where they need to improve in order to help the team win.

Offensively, they're running the ball much better and they have had very few turnovers compared to the first 5 games. The offense hasn't put the defense in horrible situations.

Denver is averaging 19.3 points scored vs 20 points allowed during the 5-1 stretch. While, they averaged 21 points scored vs 28 points allowed during the 1-4 stretch.

They're averaging about 100 more rushing yards per game now... and they've only committed 5 turnovers during the last 6 games compared to 12 in the first 5.

Lots of things are at play here and I think the one factor we can agree on is that the team has bought into Tebow... even if it is just for right now, they've bought in and are committed.

Setsuna
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Shit was funny, lighten up.
How was it funny when it had no place? If I was like,"Tebow has revolutionized blah, blah blah, and he's this and that and [insert more man crush material here]" Then yes, it would be hilarious, and I'd own up to it and play along. But he just said something, seriously had nothing to do with what, nor how I said what I said. That's like someone talking about cancer and someone saying "boobs!" as a comment towards it. Like seriously. Wth.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
How was it funny when it had no place? If I was like,"Tebow has revolutionized blah, blah blah, and he's this and that and [insert more man crush material here]" Then yes, it would be hilarious, and I'd own up to it and play along. But he just said something, seriously had nothing to do with what, nor how I said what I said. That's like someone talking about cancer and someone saying "boobs!" as a comment towards it. Like seriously. Wth.

Depends. What size boobs we talking about here?

DBOSHO
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Their defense is what is winning them most of these games. But once tebow is forced to put together scorIng drive after scoring drive to stay init, they are going to be in trouble.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Big Ben?

Big Ben has skills many QB's don't have, but I believe Tebow's ability offsets what I would gain.

vailpass
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Their defense is what is winning them most of these games. But once tebow is forced to put together scorIng drive after scoring drive to stay init, they are going to be in trouble.

So if a team allows the other team to score multiple touchdowns their odds of winning are decreased?
The hell you say.
(just fucking with you, I know what you mean)

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Big Ben has skills many QB's don't have, but I believe Tebow's ability offsets what I would gain.

Amazing. :facepalm:

vailpass
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM

You will doubt Tebow 3 times before the cock crows.

listopencil
11-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Here's a good place for this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z1uU87lLkdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mile High Mania
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM

So, a shootout... and how many of those happen on a weekly basis?

Yes, if Denver's defense plays dead and forces the offense into a shootout scoring bonanza... they could be screwed. They were likely just as screwed with Orton. Eli had a lot of yards last night vs the Saints, but he was still screwed.

In your scenario though, you're right... more often than not, when a defense fails to do their job and stop the opposing team from scoring at will... your team is screwed, Tebow or no Tebow.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Amazing what? Speaking strictly on the the field Ben is only effective because of his size and ability to extend the play. I have that in Tebow. Ben is a better passer, but he also has 8 years in the league. Off the field, I have a guy that's been accused of raping women twice.

Tom Brady is old

Drew Brees is at the top of his game and playing better than every QB in the league save one. And I would take both of those over Tebow.

Outside of that...I have more upside with Tim Tebow than any other QB in the league and in the draft.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM

:spock:

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Amazing what? Speaking strictly on the the field Ben is only effective because of his size and ability to extend the play. I have that in Tebow. Ben is a better passer, but he also has 8 years in the league. Off the field, I have a guy that's been accused of raping women twice.

Tom Brady is old

Drew Brees is at the top of his game and playing better than every QB in the league save one. And I would take both of those over Tebow.

Outside of that...I have more upside with Tim Tebow than any other QB in the league and in the draft.

The Raiders had more upside with JaMarcus Russell than any other QB in the league and in the draft. The problem is he never got within 2% of that upside.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
The Raiders had more upside with JaMarcus Russell than any other QB in the league and in the draft. The problem is he never got within 2% of that upside.

You know the difference. Support your boy. I still support Brandon Flowers.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
You know the difference. Support your boy. I still support Brandon Flowers.

I can't support taking him over Big Ben.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM

You were sucking Tebow off something fierce.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
What is the deal with the creepy ESPN commercial with Barrel Guy all alone out in the wilderness naked in a tub?? "I tought him that HAHAHAHA"

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't support taking him over Big Ben.

Then we disagree.

MagicHef
11-29-2011, 07:00 PM
One thing you can say about Tebow is he doesn't lose his composure... he's very focused. The leadership factor is off the charts with the guy, if they can build around him... it could help increase the passing game to a level that is more acceptable to so many.

There are several keys to building a consistent contender - strong defense, strong running game, great leader at QB. I don't think the QB has to be prolific, but we're in an era where the prolific QB more often than not is holding the trophy at the end of the season. So, can Tebow improve enough in the passing game to take Denver where they hope to go... it's very possible.

The season isn't over yet, so I'm just going to enjoy this right now and see how things improve and how it all ends.

Actually, the most prolific QB (in terms of yards) in any season has never won the super bowl that year. Brady came close in 2007, but we all know how that turned out.

Chief Roundup
11-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Countless winning drives????? Pretty sad that 5 is countless to you.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Countless winning drives????? Pretty sad that 5 is countless to you.

ROFL I had that same thought when I read this yesterday...

Msmith
11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
A lot of people said that the success of Broncos should be credited to the defense and the run. True, however they had the same defense and the same running backs during the first five games. Did the defense do something different later to create this surge of success?

stonedstooge
11-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Herm advocating Tebow to the Pro Bowl on ESPN

DaKCMan AP
11-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Herm advocating Tebow to the Pro Bowl on ESPN

I can't really disagree much. Who in the AFC should go?

Brady, yes.
Big Ben, yes.

Rivers has sucked this year.
Flacco sucks.
Fitzpatrick has folded.
Hasselbeck, no.
Schaub is hurt.
Sanchez sucks.
No QB from KC, Oak, Jax, Indy, Miami.

That leaves Tebow, Dalton, and McCoy.

I'd probably go with Brady, Big Ben, and Dalton. But suggesting Tebow isn't crazy.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM
A lot of people said that the success of Broncos should be credited to the defense and the run. True, however they had the same defense and the same running backs during the first five games. Did the defense do something different later to create this surge of success?

The D has been playing better and better as the season goes on. On Offense, the line continues to improve. What those "lot of people" either fail to recognize, or are too jealous to admit, is that Tebow is slowly improving as well. He's making smart decisions and extending plays.

Against SD we had a 4th and inches (punted) that had originally been ruled a first down catch (by the TE?). On that previous 3rd down play he immediately recognized the weakness in coverage and gunned it into his receiver. He made a quick decision, fired the ball out on time and on target, but the defender made a nice play to get the stop. Of course the slack jawed haters are pretending it didn't happen. It just makes them look that much more foolish to someone who actually pays attention when watching a football game.

Does that mean Tebow has magically turned into Tom Brady? No, it means that he is progressing. And that's a good thing if you're a Bronco fan.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't really disagree much. Who in the AFC should go?

Brady, yes.
Big Ben, yes.

Rivers has sucked this year.
Flacco sucks.
Fitzpatrick has folded.
Hasselbeck, no.
Schaub is hurt.
Sanchez sucks.
No QB from KC, Oak, Jax, Indy, Miami.

That leaves Tebow, Dalton, and McCoy.

I'd probably go with Brady, Big Ben, and Dalton. But suggesting Tebow isn't crazy.

All good points .... I'd give that 3rd slot to Dalton as well, he's been pretty good all season and is a rookie with a young cast in a tough division. Nothing was expected from CIN this year and he's been solid.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2011, 12:28 PM

As I mentioned previously, I think a few things factor in here...

During the first 5 stretch, the defense was still adjusting to new schemes, coaches and players. Elvis was returning from injury, Miller was just getting his first action... thanks to the lockout, they had very little time to adjust for all these various things.

Call it perfect timing or whatever, but Tebow took over... the offense was focused on being much more run focused and conservative. Turnovers dropped dramatically and the defense was not put in bad situations. They rallied around the comeback in Miami and started to build momentum each week against teams that weren't all that great and had lots of issues of their own... to be perfectly honest.

Msmith
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Call it perfect timing or whatever, but Tebow took over... the offense was focused on being much more run focused and conservative. Turnovers dropped dramatically and the defense was not put in bad situations. They rallied around the comeback in Miami and started to build momentum each week against teams that weren't all that great and had lots of issues of their own... to be perfectly honest.

So you think if Orton remains as the qb, the result will be the same or even better, considering Orton is a better passer than Tebow?

Mile High Mania
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
So you think if Orton remains as the qb, the result will be the same or even better, considering Orton is a better passer than Tebow?

It's an interesting question....

If you say "yes, Orton would be better" then you're saying that it really was just a factor of time before the defense improved and not so much the rallying behind Tebow.

If you say "no, they'd still suck with Orton", then you put more weight in Tebow's ability to make others raise the level of their game.

I think it's a mix of both, but more a factor of the defense finally having time to play together with the new additions. I'm not discounting the Tebow factor, but it would be interesting to know what the difference would be had Orton been playing with the defensive results they have now.

Maybe they win 3-4 more games last year and maybe they don't start Tebow at the end... maybe they go 3-2 this year to start off.

Early on, I said that if they didn't improve the ground game and the defense... QB wouldn't matter. Now, both have improved and Tebow is playing pretty well - improving each week, not turning it over, making plays.

The part of me that loves the passing game aspect of an offense would love to have seen what would have been different. But, we'll never know, so I won't dwell on it. It's time to enjoy what they have now and see what happens.

Msmith
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
It's time to enjoy what they have now and see what happens.

This is the attitude that every donkey's fan should have.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
This is the attitude that every donkey's fan should have.

I think most of us do.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I think most of us do.

;) Well, there's a few around here (one in particular) that has a sports Viagra reaction each time he hears the name 'Tebow'.

DomCasual
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM

During the first 5 stretch, the defense was still adjusting to new schemes, coaches and players. Elvis was returning from injury, Miller was just getting his first action... thanks to the lockout, they had very little time to adjust for all these various things.

They actually rallied around the comeback at home against San Diego.

That game is why I don't buy that it's just the defense and special teams. The team was anemic that game - everywhere. It was the most painful half of football I can remember watching, and it followed the most painful season-and-a-half of football I've witnessed as a Bronco fan. Tebow comes in to start the second half, and the team hasn't been the same since. EVERYONE seemed to raise their play.

They got blown out in the Detroit game with Tebow. But John Fox has said that during that game, they were trying to fit Tebow into the Orton game plans. He looked awful.

BigCatDaddy
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
;) Well, there's a few around here (one in particular) that has a sports Viagra reaction each time he hears the name 'Tebow'.

I've seen at least two pencil him into the HOF.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 04:47 PM

I don't KnowMo what you are talking about.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Here's a quote from a recent article:

So give this defense credit. It has held four of the past six opponents to 16 or fewer points. In the past four games, the Broncos have gone from 31st in scoring defense to 23. They've improved in almost every statistical category. Their third-down defense has dropped from 39.5 percent to 35.6 percent in that four-week span.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16280542/power-rankings-denver-defense-is-what-winds-up-tebow-time

I don't normally look at the power rankings stuff because it's mostly bullshit, but IAOFM linked there today.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
They actually rallied around the comeback at home against San Diego.

That game is why I don't buy that it's just the defense and special teams. The team was anemic that game - everywhere. It was the most painful half of football I can remember watching, and it followed the most painful season-and-a-half of football I've witnessed as a Bronco fan. Tebow comes in to start the second half, and the team hasn't been the same since. EVERYONE seemed to raise their play.

They got blown out in the Detroit game with Tebow. But John Fox has said that during that game, they were trying to fit Tebow into the Orton game plans. He looked awful.

It was the same last year too. Orton went out with an injury. Tebow stepped on the filed and suddenly everyone was playing better. Everyone. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. You'd have to be a moron not to see it.