PDA

View Full Version : Should I roll with Daniel Thomas as my RB2 into the playoffs?

Pestilence
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a good shot at making the playoffs....but my RB2 spot is basically shit.

My team:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Eli Manning
QB Kyle Orton

RB Felix Jones
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Marion Barber
RB Daniel Thomas
RB Chris Ogbonnaya

WR Mike Wallace
WR Titus Young
WR Victor Cruz
WR Jerome Simpson
WR Greg Little
WR Vincent Brown

TE Vernon Davis

K Dan Bailey

DEF Bengals DEF

A team has offered me a deal of Big Ben and Marion Barber for Alex Smith and my choice of Dwayne Bowe or Steve Smith (CAR). That would wrap up my 3 WR spots with Wallace, Cruz and Bowe/Smith. My RB2 spot obviously fucking sucks though....and I'd be forced to start Daniel Thomas for the rest of the season....and hope to God that neither him or MJD go down.

What do you think? Would you take the deal?

Pestilence
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
And I've got waiver wire requests in for either Maurice Morris or Javon Ringer right now.

SNR
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I think you take that deal. I don't think Barber is necessarily in your top 3, and if Morris is the starter in Detroit for an extended period of time, you can limp along at RB while being pretty solid at WR.

The question is how much do you value Rapelisberger over Eli? Personally, I don't see a difference, and if the Giants have a somewhat decent schedule in the next few games, that QB-WR combo of Manning and Cruz could be deadly.

Pestilence
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
So should I take Bowe or Smith?

I trust Eli more than Big Ben.

DJ's left nut
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, you're correct, your RB2 slot blows.

I'd probably take the deal and ask for Bowe. I know Smith has been great, but I can see KC wanting to really kick the tires on Orton and there doesn't need to be a lot of 'chemistry' to chuck the ball up to the big, strong sumbitch in the middle of the field.

Barber's not a very good RB2 start in his own right, so at this point you'd essentially be trying to win via your WRs.

Good luck; looks like you'll have some tough sledding either way.

Pestilence
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Well....I picked up Morris.

OzarksChiefsFan
12-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I got lucky and picked up Murray the day Jones was hurt. I might try to get Helu with the Skins making him the starter. Stewart or Williams may be available in a lot of leagues. Thomas on the Saints got me 17 points in a pinch last week on one of my teams. I like your Wide outs so I would not make the deal. You need to play match ups with Ben and Eli so I would stand pat and try to get Helu or one of the Panther's guys. If Gore should go down Kendall Hunter would be a good pickup and Ben Tate is another guy that gets points even when not starting and with the QB out in Houston might get more carries down the stretch.

DJ's left nut
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Helu and Stewart aren't available in Pestilence's league.

I only say this because I'm assuming that Pestilence isn't in a shitty Yahoo Public league where guys are still starting Jamaal Charles.

Pestilence
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Helu and Stewart aren't available in Pestilence's league.

I only say this because I'm assuming that Pestilence isn't in a shitty Yahoo Public league where guys are still starting Jamaal Charles.

This.

None of those guys are available.

I actually didn't make the trade. I'm rolling with Barber in the 2 spot now that Forte is out.