PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have terrible luck this year?

Molitoth
12-12-2011, 07:40 AM
So first off, let me list my team:

Philip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Adrian Petersen
Ryan Mathews
Brandon Jacobs
Jordy Nelson
Victor Cruz
Dwayne Bowe
Anquan Boldin
Jason Whitten
Ravens D
Mason Crosby

All star team right?

In my 10 team league, I'm 3rd in total points behind the team with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady/Wes Welker teams.

I just finished the season 7-7 barely missing the playoffs.
I've figured out its not who you play, but WHEN you play them. This year going in to every week ESPN has projected my team to win, and if you look at the roster... anyone who knows football would also agree. But this year, scrubs have put up CAREER numbers on me almost every week.

For instance, 2 weeks ago I play a team that has won 2 games all season and against me he puts up 147 with Janikowski scoring 23 points. When does a kicker get 23 points? when he plays me of course.

This week someone else drops 160 on me to knock me out of the playoffs. I don't think 160 has EVER been scored in our league in 5 years. Of course, I play him the week Larry Fitz has a breakout week, and he gets 28 points from a f*cking tight end, and 24 points from the lions defense. Oh, and he didn't need the win, because he had already clinched the top seed in the other division. =/

Every week, I've chosen to start the wrong QB. If I started Rivers,... Ryan would score more points and vice versa. I chose based on defense matchups, and still went wrong every time. Next season I'm picking 1 QB and sticking with him.

ANyway, just venting a little. Watching the chiefs/huskers play this year, along with watching the best fantasy lineup I've ever had fail me in the end has really just got me annoyed at football this year.

Sofa King
12-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Yup. Lost Charles in the CP league and could never replace him. Had to use my #2 RB Benson as the starter, and he missed some time. Also Austin has been out 3/4th the year with hammy's so i've had to use lesser wr's...

Blew all my Auction Draft money on starters and it backfired once they started getting hurt. Oh well, i knew the risk... That's why i tried drafting notoriously healthy guys...

Nzoner
12-12-2011, 08:04 AM
What's really irritating is being in a cash league and the top guy in our division pays little attention to football so for the most part in most years he has sucked.Well this year he has the luckiest season I've ever witnessed,example...

Week 1..starts Peyton Manning and still wins his game

Yesterday vs. me I need to win to get in and he starts AP,so the day goes on and enter last night I'm up by 9 he has Romo,Bryant I have Robinson and Cruz and looking good until Bryant's one lone catch :banghead:

See ya next year

Ceej
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
It's been a frustrating year to say the least. I made the playoffs 3/4 leagues. One was short lived unless Mugface Marshawn can score me 26 points. In that league, a 16 teamer, I had Britt, AJ, and Austin as my lethal trio of WRs. We know how that has worked out. I would have liked my chances last night had DeMarco Murray not gotten fucking hurt. Oh well. Got two nice money leagues to focus on.

Oh, looks like Jennings is out for the remainded of the regular season. Awesome.

Sofa King
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I just checked my other league. Apparently i just lost Jennings and Demarco Murray for the rest of the season. LMAO

FML

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes, but not nearly as bad as last season. I had an all-world team last year in my league. Destroyed most points in a season record.

Week 1 of the playoffs and I lost by 12pts because Aaron Rodgers got a concussion and was pulled from the game in the 2nd quarter.

My team that year:
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Forte
Arian Foster
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin
DeSean Jackson
Todd Heap
Dan Carpenter
Chiefs D

Rain Man
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Sounds like coaching is the problem.

DMAC
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Rivers
Bradshaw, then Mike Bush once Mcfadd went down
Megatron
Maclin
Hernandez

7-6 with first round exit. Yes, bad luck.

Pestilence
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
In the beginning of the season.....I thought I was fucked. My starting RBs were Charles and Felix Jones. I started trading like mad. It's fucking crazy how much turnover my team had.

This is what I started with:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Jay Cutler
QB Vince Young
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Felix Jones
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Stevan Ridley
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Lance Moore
WR Sidney Rice
WR Mohamed Massaquoi
WR Jacoby Ford
TE Vernon Davis
TE Lance Kendricks
K Rob Bironas
DEF Saints DEF

This is what I have right now:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Eli Manning
QB Kyle Orton
RB Felix Jones
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Maurice Morris
RB Marion Barber
RB Daniel Thomas
RB Chris Ogbonnaya
WR Mike Wallace
WR Victor Cruz
WR Jerome Simpson
WR Greg Little
WR Vincent Brown
TE Vernon Davis
K Dan Bailey
DEF Bengals DEF
DEF Falcons DEF

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2011, 09:11 AM
My team I drafted

Tom Brady
Mark Sanchez
BenJarvus-Green Ellis
Jamaal Charles
DeAngelo Williams
Mark Ingram
Marshawn Lynch
Kenny Britt
Marques Colston
Mike Wallace
Lance Moore- Auto pick
Lee Evans- Auto pick
Ron Gronkowski
Dustin Keller
Chiefs D
Rob Bironas

Britt, Charles, and Colston went down quick. I ended up going on a 7 game losing streak to start the season losing by a close margin every time. My record ended up being 4-9.

roster end of regular season...

Tom Brady
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
DeAngelo Williams
Marshawn Lynch
Mark Ingram
Chris Ogbonnaya
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Marques Colston
Nate Washington
Pierre Garcon
Denarius Moore
Deion Branch
Rob Gronkowski
Titans D, Patriots D last couple weeks due to favorable matchups
Nick Novak

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
My team:

QB Matt Ryan
QB Mark Schaub
HB Lesean McCoy
HB Rashard Mendenhall
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Brandon Marshall
TE Greg Olsen
D/ST I played matchups
K I settled on D Bailey after the first Boys-Skins game.

I also drafted Julio Jones, depending on his health and matchups

To compensate for mendenhall I added Murray and swapped Washington running backs all year.

I started off 2-5 and finished 6-7, missing the playoffs.
I lost two games by one point.

I thought and still think, I had a pretty good team.

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't think I will play fantasy football next year. It is just too luck-based and it contributes to the destruction of the actual game.

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I traded for Andre Johnson and Best and I think both ended up playing a game and 1/2 combined for me :facepalm:

Brock
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't remember what my roster started with, other than Big Ben, Adrian Peterson, and MJD, with Vincent Jackson as my #1 WR. 5-9 so far.

Radar Chief
12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I drafted MJD, put him up on the trading block after week 4 because I was desperate for WR help. Thank God no one in my league was smart enough to take me up on a trade, MJD has been saving my bacon the last few weeks.