PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If it's status quo, will you support this team financially?

cdcox
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
All of the credible rumors are pointing to the Chiefs hiring someone off "the tree" and going forward with Matt Cassel as QB. Seems like Pioli is impervious to any message, but Clark will listen to the money. If the rumors turn out to be true, will you continue to support the Chiefs financially?

Bane
12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
No.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm canceling my STH. If Cassel is still here, the only NFL expense I will make is fantasy football and Sunday Ticket.

Brock
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I haven't given a dime to the Chiefs since 2003. So I'm gonna say probably not.

Bwana
12-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Nope

Phobia
I haven't supported the team financially in since early Herm to the best of my recollection. If I go to a game it's generally because somebody has an extra ticket. I don't park in pay lots. I'm pretty sure all my Chiefs gear is at least 5 years old. There may be a newer hat in the closet but I like hats more than I like the Chiefs right now. You might say I am not a true fan.

dirk digler
nope.

FAX
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Absolutely not.

I have been a Chiefs fan all my life, but at this moment in time, I can't believe they really care all that much about building a winner. I hope that changes ... or I hope I'm wrong ... but I honestly think they are focused almost entirely on profitability as opposed to successability, which are two different things and the second thing isn't really a thing.

FAX

Nightfyre
No. Cassel must go.

Bugeater
Hell no.

Dayze
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
nein.

NCAA football, and free'd up sundays for me if Cassel is the starter next year.

O.city
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Not only no. Hell no.

I'll become a casueal fan, catching a minute of the game here and there.

Bearcat
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Besides a playoff ticket and parking last year, I've only bought STHs' tickets since the 2003 playoff game. I originally planned on going to 6 games this year, but haven't gone since the home opener... thanks to that winning streak in October, I got them all sold and saved about $500 in tickets and parking.

Since then, I've said I'm not going to spend another dime until after they've proven they are worth it... there certainly aren't enough good teams in the NFL to justify season tickets, and unless I get offered free tickets and a ride inside the gates, I can find plenty of better options. It's no longer about potential or supporting "my team"... it's about how I want to spend my disposable income. Force me to spend it on your product, and I will.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I bet this week bowe is signed to a long term deal. Its all about good PR

DTLB58
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
If he is, I'm not investing another dime. I may or may not cancel my ST but that's only to be assured to watch all the games as I do every Sunday not just the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll still keep my Season Tickets.

stevieray
12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
...it's starting to feel like status quo has been the status quo since they opened Arrowhead.

...you know apathy is just over the fence when for years you feel like they've been spinning their wheels, then you start to realize maybe it's YOU who has been spinning their wheels.

....meanwhile the same organizations are pretty good year in, year out.

I really love football, but they sure do make it hard.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
...it's starting to feel like status quo has been the status quo since they opened Arrowhead.

...you know apathy is just over the fence when for years you feel like they've been spinning their wheels, then you start to realize maybe it's YOU who has been spinning their wheels.

....meanwhile the same organizations are pretty good year in, year out.

I really love football, but they sure do make it hard.

Amen, brother.

Bwana
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Besides a playoff ticket and parking last year, I've only bought STHs' tickets since the 2003 playoff game. I originally planned on going to 6 games this year, but haven't gone since the home opener... thanks to that winning streak in October, I got them all sold and saved about $500 in tickets and parking.

Since then, I've said I'm not going to spend another dime until after they've proven they are worth it... there certainly aren't enough good teams in the NFL to justify season tickets, and unless I get offered free tickets and a ride inside the gates, I can find plenty of better options. It's no longer about potential or supporting "my team"... it's about how I want to spend my disposable income. Force me to spend it on your product, and I will.

The way I look at it is this:

If Hunt is willing to put a half ass team on the field, while banking $30 Million in cap money, Clark can kiss my ass. When they step up and put a QB on the field that has a shot to take us out of the 1st round of the playoffs, I'll be back. Cassel/Palko? Please! They are CFL talent, at best. I bet Palko wouldn't be the starter on 95% of the CFL teams.

When they place something on the field that's worth paying for, I'll fly out and check out games again. Until then, they can hang their game tickets, where the sun doesn't shine.

cdcox
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking if Chief fans would start boycotting Chiefs advertisers, that pretty soon selling advertising related to Chiefs games/broadcasts/news would get pretty tough. Put some pressure on Clark. Occupy Arrowhead. We are the 99.9999%. I'm mad as hell and am not going to take it any more.

Bump
12-12-2011, 08:15 PM
HELL NO

I'd be down to start a massive online petition to get Cassel out of town

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I havent supported the Chiefs financially for years and don't expect that to change.

keg in kc
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I havent supported the Chiefs financially for years and don't expect that to change.Ditto.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Fortunately my NFL Sunday Ticket pays for itself.

But if Cassel is back, with no 1st round QB, I won't spend a dime on the Chiefs.

Didn't this year.

O.city
12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
If they draft RGIII or Barkley, I'll buy season tickets if they are gonna start form day 1.

whoman69
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm cheap anyway. About the only way I normally support the Chiefs is apparrel. I would not go to Arrowhead while Cassel is still under center.

kcpasco
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
I will cancel my Sunday Ticket

I know they won't care but I'll tell them exactly why also. LOL

Rain Man
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't buy a lot of tickets and I don't buy a lot of Chiefs gear, so I'm not the target market for this poll.

The key to me is whether the system will change now with another coach. Any chance that Cassel will start throwing the ball downfield and making faster decisions? It's worth watching to find out. However, I think I know the answer and it's not a good one. We've been saying it for a few decades now, but we have to have a franchise quarterback if we want to win. That's pretty much the only way. Even then it's not guaranteed, but it sure ups the odds. My interest will continue to wane until we have a franchise quarterback.

On another note, it's been a huge mistake by the league to make quarterbacks this important. The rules changes over the past thirty years are gravely damaging the game, because it all comes down now to who has the best quarterback. The other 21 players have become largely irrelevant, and it's ruining the sport.

stevieray
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
On another note, it's been a huge mistake by the league to make quarterbacks this important. The rules changes over the past thirty years are gravely damaging the game, because it all comes down now to who has the best quarterback. The other 21 players have become largely irrelevant, and it's ruining the sport.

absolutely..

we might as well call them the OC, because that is who calls the plays.

but hey, it's Tebow time!

Gag.

DaFace
12-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Honestly, it probably won't affect much. I couldn't just stop watching - I just can't. I'll certainly be less likely to make a trip to Arrowhead or to go and see them when they come to Denver, but I've only been to two games in the past 5 years anyway.

Bearcat
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM

Excellent point. These days, all I want is a good QB matchup, which didn't used to be the case... and I've even asked myself, is that all I watch for now? Granted, the teams with 10+ wins right now are all over the map as far as their ability to throw the ball, you know it's going to come down to Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Roethlisberger.

It wouldn't be nearly so bad if there were enough competent QBs to go around... the NFL wants exciting and marketable offenses, but when there are only a handful of QBs that can execute one, it makes the rest of the league extremely mediocre.

There's a lot of shitty football being played on Sundays & Mondays, and it really sucks.

cdcox
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm seriously thinking about dropping Sunday Ticket next year. Have had it since 2003. I don't have to decide until the draft, but I'm really not inclined to pay to watch Matt Cassel play for year 4.

Spott
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I will never watch another game with Matt Cassel as the QB. The only possible exception to that is if he was the backup and our real starting QB got hurt.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Probably not. No Sunday Ticket unless it's a 1st round QB with an exciting coach for me.