PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The last 20 years: would you rather be a Chiefs fan or a Rams fan?

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
The Rams have been utterly horrible for 15 of the last 20 years, but in those 5 good years: 2 SBs, 1 SB win.

Would you accept being dogshit 75 percent of the time for 1 SB win in 20 years?

http://i.imgur.com/HupG3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R1YSk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wkoBZ.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Dum.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
As opposed to dogshit 100% of the time?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Instead of dogshit 75% of the time with no Super Bowls?

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
At this point I absolutely would.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Instead of dogshit 75% of the time with no Super Bowls?

The Chiefs have 13 winning seasons out of the last 20.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Even when they were winning I never could get into the Rams. Same with the Cardinals. I have mellowed on my hate of St. Louis though, I guess I have found parts of it that are pretty cool.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone who would have rather been a Chiefs fan is fucking dillusional. I'll take one SB win over 20 years of going 13-3.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt

PS- Good seats are still available for the GB and Oakland games! And don't forget that 2012 Season Tickets make a great stocking stuffer!

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM

OK. But no Super Bowls. I'm not voting one way or the other I'm just saying 13 winning seasons in 20 is ok... but Super Bowls are the point. I know the Rams fans I work with don't lament their suckage the way we lament ours. Might be because of those Super Bowls but I'm just guessing.

alpha_omega
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Anyone who would have rather been a Chiefs fan is fucking dillusional.

So be it. F the Rams!

KcMizzou
12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan.... fuck off.

Ebolapox
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I know the rams aren't afraid to roll the fucking dice on a fucking franchise QB.

Phobia
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
This is a dumb way to do the poll. You should have presented it as "Team A" and "Team B". Of course there will be Chiefs fans who could NEVER respond objectively to this question.

Bearcat
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Heh, I saw those graphics and thought about creating the same thread.

If it was, say, 2004, I'd probably choose the Chiefs.... week to week, I looked forward to Chiefs games. It didn't really matter to me who they were playing, I'd jump at the chance to go to a game. I'd rather have that over a long period of time than 5 years of relevance and 15 years of complete garbage.

These days though, the average NFL game doesn't interest me much... last year, I wasn't interested in going to the Titans/Chiefs game when the Chiefs were still battling for a playoff spot. When they won 3 games in a row in October of this year, I wasn't all that interested in jumping on the bandwagon and buying a ticket to MNF.

Today, I'd take the 5 years of relevance & 15 years of no hope over 20 years of false hope. Give me a few years of dominating football with a great QB and even just a decent defense... I'll give you money, then we can go our separate ways for 10 years.

lewdog
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Reach the pinnacle of your sport, a SB win, or be mediocre/bad for all 20 years?

Easy choice.........Rams.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Clark Hunt reading the poll numbers:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2n6agqc.jpg

58kcfan89
12-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Assuming you're taking the fact that I can't stand St. Louis out of the equation, then yeah I'd absolutely rather be a fan of theirs.

I've always said that a Championship would make me happy for a long time (I think...). I still wouldn't be happy with being dogshit, but I could at least deal with it a helluva lot easier...

JCharles1981
12-13-2011, 12:27 AM
The Rams with QB Kurt Warner = Superbowl
The Rams without QB Kurt Warner = utter sh*t

The Chiefs with GM Carl Peterson = a solid offense or defense every year
The Chiefs without GM Carl Peterson = mediocre offense and defense, or slightly above average defense and mediocre offense

In conclusion, I'll take the team that doesn't wait 7-8 consecutive years to have a winning season, and won't fall apart when the player that helped get them into the playoffs gets released to another team. FYI, the St. Louis Rams have been to the playoffs 5 times since 1990, but 4 of them were with Kurt Warner. The Chiefs have been to the playoffs 10 times since 1990, but with multiple QB's (Dave Krieg, Joe Montana, Steve Bono, Trent Green, and Matt Cassell).

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2011, 12:34 AM
My roommate is a Pats fan who always slips into this astonishingly sympathetic voice whenever we discuss foobaw, like we're talking about the time my parents murder-suicided or something. He's also of the opinion that he can't be upset about anything that happens to the Patriots in the next decade and a half, and that seems fair to me.

Plus I can't even imagine how cool it would have been to see a Memphis alum catch a game-winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl for my team, so that would've been neato. And then my most memorable thing from that Super Bowl wouldn't be the (cause of the) death of one of the faces of the franchise. BEING A CHIEFS FAN HAS OWNED, I LOVED CRYING TO SLEEP AFTER PLAYOFF GAMES

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2011, 12:37 AM
please wear your seatbelts :(

JCharles1981
12-13-2011, 12:41 AM
BEING A CHIEFS FAN HAS OWNED, I LOVED CRYING TO SLEEP AFTER PLAYOFF GAMES

Remember the year when the Chiefs lost in the playoffs to the Colts 10-7 due to Steve Bono's 4 interceptions and the kicker that shall go unnamed's (hint: the Chiefs acquired him after releasing Nick Lowery in order to afford Joe Montana) 3 missed field goals? It still boggles me how some fans got so depressed after that game that they actually had to seek therapy to get over it.

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Remember the year when the Chiefs lost in the playoffs to the Colts 10-7 due to Steve Bono's 4 interceptions and the kicker that shall go unnamed's (hint: the Chiefs acquired him after releasing Nick Lowery in order to afford Joe Montana) 3 missed field goals? It still boggles me how some fans got so depressed after that game that they actually had to seek therapy to get over it.FUCK

GOD

FUCK

[I hate the Colts so much :deevee:]