PDA

View Full Version : My Sob Story (short and sweet)

Direckshun
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
For the first nine weeks of the year, I have the #1 scoring team in the league.

And yet, I go 4-5.

The next four weeks, I fall very shy of 100 points due to injuries.

And yet, I go 3-1.

So this past week was the week to get into the playoffs.

I'm in if I win, or if some other dude loses. Either one and I'm in the playoffs.

I lose, by 0.28 points. And the other guy wins by 1.2 points.

Thus, ends the stupidest ****ing season known to man.

sedated
12-13-2011, 11:47 AM
In my league, a guy went undefeated through the regular season (never seen that before), then lost in the first round.

Direckshun
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
In my league, a guy went undefeated through the regular season (never seen that before), then lost in the first round.

Post his roster.

sedated
12-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Its bit complicated because about halfway through he traded MJD/Vick/Mike Williams for Aaron Rodgers/Dez Bryant.

And I don’t feel comfortable sharing that sort of personal information about someone else :p He is a CP member, if he wants it out there, he can post it.

Buck
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I have a worse one.

My friend was playing his brother in the first round of the playoffs. Basically he needed Romo to throw 2 touchdowns and get to at least 300 yards in the 4th quarter. Going into the 4th he had like 200 yards. On Romo's very last pass of the game, he got over 300 yards, and that put him about 1.8 points in the lead against his brother in the first round of the playoffs.

His brother had the Giants defense.

They blocked the field goal.

He lost by 0.2 points.

Phobia
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
This is why I don't play fantasy football any longer. I used to spend hours scouring the waiver wire and determining who I should pick up/who I should drop.

I'd lead overall scoring in my league for the year by 2-300 points and somehow not even make the playoffs because every time I played a team that averaged 45 points a week they'd put up 110. I'm not even exaggerating. This happened to me year after year after year. I quit playing 4 or 5 years ago. Never been happier.

Smed1065
12-13-2011, 10:46 PM
This is why I don't play fantasy football any longer. I used to spend hours scouring the waiver wire and determining who I should pick up/who I should drop.

I'd lead overall scoring in my league for the year by 2-300 points and somehow not even make the playoffs because every time I played a team that averaged 45 points a week they'd put up 110. I'm not even exaggerating. This happened to me year after year after year. I quit playing 4 or 5 years ago. Never been happier.

I cheat and win............No fun. I worked for WPI and now I am no homo..... Oh no honesty

Phil and LJ Playbook. No I got 500 to discount.

So you do Lie.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Last years winner, toughest schedule by far and two ties. Retarted personified

Phobia
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
How many fingers am I holding up, Smed?

Iowanian
12-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I think everyone has their superbowl against my team.

This week is a perfect example of how my season has gone.
I've had Brady at QB, Andre Johnson, Macklin and a stable of solid wrs.....all of my defensive players are 1-2 at their positions. This week, I have 6 WRs that are Questionable or out. Six.

I started out destroying for 4-5 weeks, injury bug hit my team like the plague and it's been a nosedive ever since.

RJ
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Fantasy sports is 33% skill, 33% luck and 33% the quality of your competition.

rtmike
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm in a 12 team league & have the least amount of points. The next guy has 60 more than me. I just can't score with my team.

But yet I'm playing in the championship game next week. LMAO Everybody that played me had off weeks...obviously. My 1st round pick was Charles & I thought I got lucky getting Manning @ the end of the 2nd. There was only 2 players left that I drafted.

I really like the commish in this league. He's on top of stuff. If a manger doesn't keep their roster up to date, they're history. He's got like 4 leagues. He gives everyone updates every week for high scorers', etc.
He said he would join a league to scam who the top players were & offer them up invites for his leagues & then delete his team. :hmmm:

Phobia
12-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Fantasy sports is 33% skill, 33% luck and 33% the quality of your competition.

I'd say 20% skill, 70% luck, 10% quality of competition, and 25% probability analysis combined with math skills.

Cave Johnson
12-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Well, I put up 160 this week. Too bad I was in the consolation bracket after Murray breaks his ankle last week.

I hate you, fantasy football. I'm sorry, I'll never leave you, baby.

Radar Chief
12-19-2011, 02:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tu9fm2rKyRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
my season sucked. I might not play next year...just sort of stale. I watch the Chiefs, but don't really car about any other NFL team. I've been watching more and more NCAA football the last 3 years or so.

Vick out multiple weeks
Colston out multiple weeks
Gates routinely out and/or zero production
Britt on IR
Demarco Murray on IR
Austin out multiple weeks
Earnest Graham ( I think I picked him up after the Murrary IR) on IR