PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Kansas City Purge

Hoover
12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
In full disclosure, I was a Todd Haley backer. After being in Met Life Stadium to watch his last game as the Chiefs head coach on Sunday, I think that the team had no other option but to fire Haley. I also think that we are about to see them purge the entire coaching staff after the season. So even a guy like Romeo is probably on his way out.

Some of my random thoughts.

Sundayís Game: MetLife Stadium is awesome. The Jets fans were awesome. The four jumbotrons in each corner of the stadium were awesome. Their club level was not empty during the game Ė AWESOME. The club room that I was in stopped serving alcohol after half time Ė WTF? Probably a good thing since I was getting wasted. Maybe they just shut me down, I donít know. Chatted with former TE Fred Baxter, I think he saw me slobbering over his Super Bowl ring he got with the Pats. Awesome guy. Said a lot of nice things about the Chiefs.

I bring all of this up because for the first time in my life I was at a Chiefs game in person and didnít give a fu@k. I was socializing, I was drinking, I was looking up other scores, and I was making fun of people. I was not in to the game. I feel bad, but the product is just so poor.

Why Haley had to go: This team is a mess on offense and with a ďnormalĒ offseason ahead the Chiefs are probably going to spend some bucks. I donít think that management could go into the offseason with a lame duck coach with no record of accomplishment. The fact that Haley canít seem to work with a legitimate offensive coordinator has hurt this team.

Matt Cassel: Pack your bags son. I think Cassel is gone for many of the same reasons that Haley needed to lead. The Chiefs cannot continue to build around a quarterback that only had one good year. Passing for an average of 170 yards a game with a TD here and there is embarrassing in this league. I think we are going to see Stanzi for a few games. Management will want to know what they have in him.

Romeo: I feel bad for Romeo because heís in a difficult spot. There is no way that he becomes the head coach of the Chiefs. I think the reason behind firing Haley now and letting Romeo coach is help usher him out as well. The idea that the Chiefs can attract a legitimate head coach and make him keep Romeo is fantasy. Maybe if the right guy is hired I could see it, but Romeoís comments that he wants to be a HC again is also not good. I think the entire coaching staff is about to be replaced.

Clark and Pioli will go big: The Chiefs organization needs to show potential free agents as well as its fans that they are serious about winning. For that reason alone I donít think that we will see McDaniels in KC. I think we will be getting a name brand HC like Jeff Fisher or Cowher. This is another reason why Romeo isnít going to stick. The best guys out there are defensive coaches and the last thing they want is not to be able to pick their DC. Face it; we have more defensive talent than offensive talent. Bringing in a defensive coach makes a lot of sense for the team. It also should help us attract a strong offensive coordinator since they would likely get a lot of control.

I think Fisher is the guy. The big question is who do you get to run the offense and what do you do at QB.

Bane
12-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Wont happen but I'd like to see this at just about any cost.

Chuck Pagano HC
Pete Carmichael Jr OC
Sean McDermott DC

^^^Pipe dream I know.

Trade/package WTFE we have to to draft RG3.I also like Nick Foles,just not sure where to take him if it were up to me.

TEX
12-14-2011, 08:02 AM
BACK tothe future - here we come...

oldandslow
12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Hoover:

I think you are right. I would bet on Fisher being the new coach as well. After the Haley fiasco, no way do they go young and untried again.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Did you and your buds get into a scuffle after the game, and put a Jets fan in the hospital?

Amnorix
12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Hoover -- some great points. My only question is whether Pioli will go with such a strong personality at HC after having such a bad relationship with Haley. He may view a Cowher or Fisher as a threat or someone he may not be likely to be on the same page with.

Other than that, some very good insights. If they do go Josh McDaniels, which I think is unlikely (and which I know would cause CP to implode), then they can keep RAC. Not sure if that is something they would factor into the decision-making.

BigRichard
12-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Instead of a purge, I like to think of it more like an enema.

gblowfish
12-14-2011, 08:22 AM
When you say "purge' do you mean like a 15 year old high school girl sticking her fingers down her throat after lunch every day???

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm mixed on the Romeo situation. I want to say that he's done well, and I see talent on our defense by the bushel. But then again we've had several games this year where the defense has given up over 100 points or something like that.

Count Zarth
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM
If we have to sacrifice Romeo to get a competent HC, so be it.

There are other good DCs out there.

Chief Faithful
12-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I was a Haley supporter until Palko, how can any good coach keep Palko on his team much less continue to support him? If Crennel continues to stand behind Palko then I would have to question his ability as a HC as well. How can any NFL coach legitimately keep a QB that cannot make a downfield throw?

memyselfI
12-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Any insights into what Failey did or said which drew the very personal personal foul? I cannot remember a time when a coach was called out for a penalty personally. It's usually 'the visitors sideline' or the 'the ___ sideline' but not 'the coach of the visitor' or whatever the ref said. ROFL

mlyonsd
12-14-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm mixed on the Romeo situation. I want to say that he's done well, and I see talent on our defense by the bushel. But then again we've had several games this year where the defense has given up over 100 points or something like that.This. I fail to see exactly why people think Crennel is any giant defensive genius.

I'll be very disappointed if he's named HC.

trndobrd
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Hoover -- some great points. My only question is whether Pioli will go with such a strong personality at HC after having such a bad relationship with Haley. He may view a Cowher or Fisher as a threat or someone he may not be likely to be on the same page with.

Two things factor into that. 1) Pioli knows he has only one more chance and that he must make a selection that will lead to success on the field. 2) I always had the feeling he just didn't trust Haley's judgment more than saw him as a threat. I think Pioli would be much less controlling with a HC with proven success.

SNR
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
The Kansas City Purge?

Is that our new WNBA team?

whoman69
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
The Kansas City Purge?

I hate basketball nicknames.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
The Kansas City Purge?

Lingerie Football League team

milkman
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Since Pioli is dead set on a 34, and Fisher is 43 guy, how's that supposed to work?

Bane
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Since Pioli is dead set on a 34, and Fisher is 43 guy, how's that supposed to work?

We play 34 till we're down by 30 then switch back to a 43.

tredadda
12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
I just can't see Cowher coming here. He is an in demand coach that can go almost anywhere. Why K.C.? Also he will want far more control than Haley ever had. I highly doubt Pioli gives up that much power for Cowher (nice little rhyme there). Fisher is a possibility, but a slim one. I think he goes with an under the radar name.

teedubya
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I went the Jetlife stadium on Sept 11th, where they beat the Cowboys in the last minute of the game. Fun experience.

Groves
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I hope we keep Romeo, but the only way that makes sense is if the new HC is young and runs an offense...

....crap.

aturnis
12-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I disagree with the OP. I think one of the most likely scenarios to play out would be:

Romeo Crennel HC
Josh McDaniels OC

Groves
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I disagree with the OP. I think one of the most likely scenarios to play out would be:

Romeo Crennel HC
Josh McDaniels OC

That's one of the likely scenarios to make many of us wretch.

FAX
12-14-2011, 06:24 PM

I don't see any way that Fisher would even consider coming to KC. Not with all this horsecrap floating around about FO shenanigans and things.

If and when he decides to take a break from porking, he would probably prefer the Miami job ... warm weather, bathing suits, palm trees, and cement ponds, and all.

He's already fought to the death with one GM, I don't think he's ready for round two of that deal.

FAX