PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Per Nick Wright, Orton to start.

aturnis
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
getnickwright

I'm hearing that barring an injury in practice Romeo has already decided that Orton will start Sunday. Palko's run is over. #Chiefs

Bane
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
In dex finger/neck beard FTW!!!!!!!!

booyaf2
12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
:Lin:

listopencil
12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I hope he does well except against the Broncos. He's a good guy, and a decent QB.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Strike #2 against Crennel...

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
This is bull fucking shit.

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Didn't Crennel just stress that he won't be letting on to who will start? This is either bullshit from Wright or Crennel is going senile.

Three7s
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
This is bull ****ing shit.
Why are you surprised? Crennel is trying to become a HC again. The only way he can do that is by winning. It sucks for us though.

O.city
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
This is probably Ortons interview for next season.

If we draft a qb high in next years draft, I'd be ok with Orton coming back. Not Cassel.

Detoxing
Meh. Crennel wants to win. He want's to be the HC and whether we like it or not, Orton give them the best chance to win...as unexciting as that may be.

Detoxing
Why are you surprised? Crennel is trying to become a HC again. The only way he can do that is by winning. It sucks for us though.

lol, beat me to it.

SPchief
He also said that if he isn't healthy, Stanzi starts. If healthy, Orton starts Stanzi backup. Palko is finished per Crennel. KK, Bob Fescoe

mlyonsd
12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe, hopefully, when we're down 35 he'll put Stanzi in.

Bane
12-14-2011, 10:23 AM

LMAO

Hard core!!!!

listopencil
I know a lot of you guys want to start Stanzi and see what he's got. I don't know, I think this would be a really shitty way to throw Stanzi in to the active line up. Your team is in turmoil. Who knows though? Maybe Stanzi goes in and lights it up, gives the franchise something to look forward to, but will Pioli make a break away from Cassel?

KC Tattoo

Oh, I'm not surprised. Am pissed yes.

Until this organization grows a set of balls and plays a rookie QB we are stuck in the suck.

Sofa King
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Well, i hope he does well, just not well enough for the win.

O.city
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I think it stands a good chance that we see a half of Stanzi. Unless it's close after the first half that is.

Gotta say, no wonder the defense played like shit last week. If Palko was that bad in practice and they knew he was starting no matter what, after stopping the Jets 4 straight times and seeing nothing on offense it would be tough to stay the course.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Meh. Crennel wants to win. He want's to be the HC and whether we like it or not, Orton give them the best chance to win...as unexciting as that may be.

I can understand, why wouldn't want to start Stanzi against GB KC's defense w will get anally raped and that's fucked up for a young QB to play from behind 20+ points.

ROYC75
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Great, an improvement. Instead of 0 chance of winning, we get a 1% chance.

Lay your money down boys!

There is little a QB can do when your line is wet paper as ours is.

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Orton will probably beat the donkos and the faiders and put us out of position to even move up and draft a QB. He never has been surrounded by so much talent on offense. I'll be curious to see how he does.

Frankie
getnickwright

I'm hearing that barring an injury in practice Romeo has already decided that Orton will start Sunday. Palko's run is over. #Chiefs
Palko's run is not over unless he is at least 3rd string or cut. As it is I bet he is one index ouch away from playing. :(

Shag
I see this as further proof that it's Pioli putting the kaibosh on playing Stanzi, which is kind of what I suspected all along...

O.city
ALready said he is the third stringer.

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I see this as further proof that it's Pioli putting the kaibosh on playing Stanzi, which is kind of what I suspected all along...

But Palko is Haley's boy, yo!

Frankie
12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
He also said that if he isn't healthy, Stanzi starts. If healthy, Orton starts Stanzi backup. Palko is finished per Crennel. KK, Bob Fescoe

Good, I take the last post back. Not wishing injury on anyone, but a little index injury maybe? One can hope.

Shag
12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
But Palko is Haley's boy, yo!

I've personally never bought that. I can't believe anyone would think Palko is even a passable QB...

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 10:30 AM
seriously cut Palko

dont even give him that roster spot chance to where you might have to play him. So bad.

His NFL career is done the minute the Chiefs get rid of him. No team in their right mind will ever sign the guy.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 10:30 AM
I think it stands a good chance that we see a half of Stanzi. Unless it's close after the first half that is.

Gotta say, no wonder the defense played like shit last week. If Palko was that bad in practice and they knew he was starting no matter what, after stopping the Jets 4 straight times and seeing nothing on offense it would be tough to stay the course.

Yep, you only have so much gas in the tank and it is hard to draw down deep for more when you know it is futile.

Bane
12-14-2011, 10:31 AM
So the Packers will only be up 34-0 at the half eh?SWEET!!!

Frankie
I can understand, why wouldn't want to start Stanzi against GB KC's defense w will get anally raped and that's ****ed up for a young QB to play from behind 20+ points.

Not if he's told it does not matter and reminded that the season is lost anyway.

OnTheWarpath58
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
It is per Nick Wright? Right?

SPchief
12-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Per Crennel's press conference. Everyone is reporting it.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Not if he's told it does not matter and reminded that the season is lost anyway.

As a motivational tool, no coach would say that to a player.

58-4ever
12-14-2011, 10:34 AM

This, the Chiefs even reported in on FB. It's FB official fellas. Might as well be writtin in the Bible, ummmm, or the Consitution, ummmm, is there anything sacred anymore!!! :banghead:

Okie_Apparition
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Fuck the QB situation
Has he cut Thomas Jones yet

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM

ME :loser:

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess you can't blame Crennel for wanting to win when he has a chance to show he can be the HC. Hard to care about 2 years down the road if you are thinking like that

I just hope when we are getting destroyed that they put Stanzi in. I am afraid if we play Orton against Denver he will beat them.

htismaqe
Palko's run is not over unless he is at least 3rd string or cut. As it is I bet he is one index ouch away from playing. :(

Palko is 3rd string, per Crennel himself.

listopencil
Orton will probably beat the donkos and the faiders and put us out of position to even move up and draft a QB. He never has been surrounded by so much talent on offense. I'll be curious to see how he does.

Any given Sunday...but Orton is notoriously immobile and our D has been providing excellent pass rush with all of the starters playing.

listopencil
12-14-2011, 10:38 AM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

LMAO , I love that gif.

aturnis
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM

What was the first strike?

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Seriously. Why would anyone be surprised by this?

Cave Johnson
12-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Pioli, by firing Haley in-season and putting Crennel in this situation, is giving every indication he doesn't want to draft a top flight QB. Seriously, f that guy.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
LMAO

Hard core!!!!
Fing right I am..

No more excuses...

Micjones
Good for him.

loochy

Being fat

KC Tattoo
Watch Stanzi will play in second half of the Dungver game, complete 8-12 & TD. That's the end of the season.

Fritz88
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Here's hoping for a twisted index during practice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM

Calmouring for the job, when he was shit in cleveland and he still failing to cover a TE with his defense...

Deberg_1990
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
No worries, the Chiefs have no chance against the Packers no matter who starts.

If your worried about more wins, id definately be worried about Oakland and Denver.

Bane
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Calmouring for the job, when he was shit in cleveland and he still failing to cover a TE with his defense...

Yeah but he's supposed to act like he wants the HC spot.It would be douchetastic if he didn't,but I wouldn't blame him.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Fing right I am..

No more excuses...

LMAO Seriously? I'd like to see Stanzi play, but you have to consider what Crennel's position is. He wants this job. Playing a rookie doesn't give the best chance to win.

MahiMike
12-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Green Bay is goin' DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCtotheSB
12-14-2011, 10:53 AM
We're still in the playoff hunt!

scho63
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I like starting Orton against the Packers. I do think putting Stanzi to start after what has happened this week would be too much pressure. There was NO pressure last week when we were already down 28-3 to start the second half. There wasn't a better time all season to let him start his NFL career. Haley just f*cked up and it is another reason he was 86'ed.

Pestilence
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
This is probably Ortons interview for next season.

If we draft a qb high in next years draft, I'd be ok with Orton coming back. Not Cassel.

This.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I hope we draft a QB in the 1st round of the draft this year, no matter what. I don't care how many QB's go before our pick or whether they is any good ones left. Draft the best one and start him, whether he's any good or not, until he retires from the NFL. Ten years of Akili Smith starting for the Kansas City Chiefs.

It will be worth it just to shut all the dumb fucks up.

JASONSAUTO
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I hope we draft a QB in the 1st round of the draft this year, no matter what. I don't care how many QB's go before our pick or whether they is any good ones left. Draft the best one and start him, whether he's any good or not, until he retires from the NFL. Ten years of Akili Smith starting for the Kansas City Chiefs.

It will be worth it just to shut all the dumb fucks up.

exactly

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM

It will be worth it just to shut all the dumb ****s up.

The definition of dumbfuck should include people who aren't committed to obtaining a franchise QB.

4th and Long
12-14-2011, 11:15 AM
FAILko will probably step on Orton's hand in practice, just to make sure he doesnt start.

Let the StanziCityChiefs era begin.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
That's strike 14.5!!
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I know a lot of you guys want to start Stanzi and see what he's got. I don't know, I think this would be a really shitty way to throw Stanzi in to the active line up. Your team is in turmoil. Who knows though? Maybe Stanzi goes in and lights it up, gives the franchise something to look forward to, but will Pioli make a break away from Cassel?

A lot of people have said they'd be "throwing Stanzi to the wolves". Whatever the **** that means. He isn't going to die. The worst that could happen is - he comes in and stinks. It's all about experience for him though. If coming in this season and getting wrecked will "ruin his confidence", he isn't worth a shit in the first place.

The season is lost. I don't give a shit what dumbass Clark Hunt says. Playoffs aren't gonna happen. Might as well give our rookie QB some experience, and also give us a chance to evaluate him a little. There's nothing to gain from starting Orton. There is something to gain with playing Stanzi. Just my opinion, but it's the ****ing right one....in my opinion. :D

Bane
12-14-2011, 11:19 AM
The definition of dumb**** should include people who aren't committed to obtaining a franchise QB.

Oddly enough,busting out on a 1st round Qb is not anywhere near as hard to overcome now as it was 10 years ago.Some folks will remain happy dumpster diving for has beens or never beens and winning 4 games every year.RED AND YELLOW FTW!!!!!!!LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

doomy3
12-14-2011, 11:19 AM
People are up in arms about this? Of course Romeo should start Orton if he is healthy. He gives him the best chance to win. Demoting Palko to 3rd string and moving Stanzi up to 2nd string is also great news.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM
LMAO Seriously? I'd like to see Stanzi play, but you have to consider what Crennel's position is. He wants this job. Playing a rookie doesn't give the best chance to win.

Hence Strke #2

no more excuses for these clowns...

lcarus
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
People are up in arms about this? Of course Romeo should start Orton if he is healthy. He gives him the best chance to win. Demoting Palko to 3rd string and moving Stanzi up to 2nd string is also great news.

Who gives a crap about winning right now? Crennel, that's who. This is a BS move to try to win the remaining games to win a job, when we should evaluate a rookie QB to see if he has any potential for the future. Playing Stanzi, even if it means losing, not only gives us the chance to evaluate him and give him necessary experience, but winning also moves us down in the draft. This is a BS move that is only Crennel trying to win a job for next season, instead of thinking about the future of the franchise.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM

Plus, if he doesn't get the HC job in KC this becomes an audition for other teams too. He is going to play whoever gives him the best chance.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Who gives a crap about winning right now? Crennel, that's who. This is a BS move to try to win the remaining games to win a job, when we should evaluate a rookie QB to see if he has any potential for the future. Playing Stanzi, even if it means losing, not only gives us the chance to evaluate him and give him necessary experience, but winning also moves us down in the draft. This is a BS move that is only Crennel trying to win a job for next season, instead of thinking about the future of the franchise.

If you were in Crennel's shoes you would do the same thing. Anyone would if they want the job.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Who gives a crap about winning right now? Crennel, that's who. .

How about the rest of the players? Don't you think they want to win a game after losing the entire month of November? Don't you think the players, who are now fighting for their jobs and future, want the best chance to win?

I'm sure it's an insane week at Arrowhead. They can go with the vet QB who actually played and prepared for GB once this season, or throw the entire staff into the bowels of hell and insist that they not only prepare for GB with a new head coach who might do things differently and request different things on offense, plus get a rookie qb up to speed against the best team in the NFL.

lcarus
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Plus, if he doesn't get the HC job in KC this becomes an audition for other teams too. He is going to play whoever gives him the best chance.

That's why I'm kind of pissed. The rest of this season has become a god damn audition for Romeo Crennel's future career instead of an audition for the possible future QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm not saying Stanzi WILL be the guy, but he COULD be. We won't know if he doesn't play.

BigMeatballDave
Hence Strke #2

no more excuses for these clowns...

You are not making any sense.

I'd prefer someone else as HC. It's probably going to be a tree hire. I'd much rather have Crennel than McDumbass.

Frosty
I have always figured that Orton would start as soon as he was healthy and knew enough of the playbook. They didn't pick him up and pay him $2.5 million to throw one pass and then sit on his ass.

Unfortunately, he is probably just good enough to lead the team to another win, knocking us further out of the QB hunt. :(

O.city
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
dcwhb Danny Clinkscale
Orton will start if he can go...Stanzi if not..Crennel says Orton probably couldn't play if game was today
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

SNR
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Calmouring for the job, when he was shit in cleveland and he still failing to cover a TE with his defense...Shit. I've been calmouring (?) for a mod position on Chiefs Planet for years. Maybe that's what's wrong. Expressing interest is already a strike against me!

bevischief
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM

He said right before the new conference as a rumor, then confirmed afterwards.

htismaqe
dcwhb Danny Clinkscale
Orton will start if he can go...Stanzi if not..Crennel says Orton probably couldn't play if game was today

Which means it's gonna end up being Stanzi.

His finger isn't gonna magically get better in 2 days. If he can't go by Friday they'd be foolish to start him if their goal is to try and win the game.

SNR

It will be worth it just to shut all the dumb ****s up.You're just the worst person to ever live, you know that?

O.city
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
And to the TE speak, when was the last time a TE destroyed this defense?

DaWolf
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Which means it's gonna end up being Stanzi.

His finger isn't gonna magically get better in 2 days. If he can't go by Friday they'd be foolish to start him if their goal is to try and win the game.

Then there's this:

Chiefs Orton taking snaps with first unit under center, spirals looking tight. No reason to expect him not to start Sunday

Twitter / Dave Skretta (Associated Press)

https://twitter.com/#!/APdaveskretta/status/147020258690088960

SNR
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Then there's this:

https://twitter.com/#!/APdaveskretta/status/147020258690088960Damn.

Frankie
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
No worries, the Chiefs have no chance against the Packers no matter who starts.

I don't think that's the point. We want to see a regular-season Stanzi. That's the point.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Damn, Romeo is basically slamming Haley right now.

Not gonna change the playbook for one guy. Stanzi and Kyle are gonna compete, with the same playbook, no more guessing. Players can concentrate on getting ready for the game and stop wondering/asking questions.

O.city
12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Starting to sound like Haley was just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it stuck when it came to players and system stuff.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Then there's this:

https://twitter.com/#!/APdaveskretta/status/147020258690088960

Clinkscale just said Orton is throwing tight spirals and thought he looked fine, except he didn't throw any deep passes and while the other guys were taking snaps, Kyle wasn't.

Said the big issue right now is potential for ball security issues because of taking snaps.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Clinkscale also says he has a strong feeling they don't want to use Stanzi, that they will go with Orton if they can.

O.city
12-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I think it was pretty much set in stone that Stanzi wouldn't play a snap this year.

threebag02
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Hopefully the franchise breaks away from both of them.

Pioli and Cassel

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 11:53 AM
He said right before the new conference as a rumor, then confirmed afterwards.

I just listened to Crennel press. He said both Stanzi & Orton are splitting reps in practice. His determination is yet to be made providing the condition of Ortons finger. He pretty much said that Stanzi is a rookie & that Orton has the experience and has the preference for Orton in that regard. Stanzi has a chance to play this weekend only if Ortons finger is still an issue.

There is still a chance for Stanzi to start, a slim chance but there is a chance...

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
There is still a chance for Stanzi to start, a slim chance but there is a chance...

http://media.fukung.net/images/20805/491e3223ab70a45fd38c00867be8f398.gif

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Who gives a crap about winning right now? The entire Chiefs locker room, that's who. This is a great move to try to win the remaining games to win a job, when the fans are whining about how we should evaluate a rookie QB to see if he has any potential for the future. Playing Stanzi, even if it means losing, not only gives us the chance to evaluate him and give him necessary experience, but also could fracture the locker room and the players confidence in the organization. This is an intelligent move, instead of thinking about the QB they may be able to draft five months from now.

FYP.

Frankie
12-14-2011, 11:59 AM
dcwhb Danny Clinkscale
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet ReplyGood news if true. At least it sounds like Stanzi is taking some snaps in practice.

Starting to sound like Haley was just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it stuck when it came to players and system stuff.Of course Haley does not have the microphone.

Clinkscale also says he has a strong feeling they don't want to use Stanzi, that they will go with Orton if they can.:banghead: WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! :banghead:

Okie_Apparition
12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd imagine Orton gives Crennel the best change of a win against Denver & Oakland
Stanzi's best hope is some form of mop up duty, good or most likely bad

the Talking Can
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM

i wish this franchise wasn't a piece of shit, but with fans like you...I'm screwed

Frazod
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Orton can do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Orton already got his cock shoved up his ass by the Packers once this season, now he gets it again...Rough.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 12:44 PM
http://media.fukung.net/images/20805/491e3223ab70a45fd38c00867be8f398.gif

LMAO

exactly

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 12:44 PM

Not sure if serious.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM

LOL

Well buddy... Maybe you should watch the games...

BoneKrusher
12-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Exactly.
this is Crennel's audition for a Head Coaching gig.
he has to play the QB that gives him the best chance.

i understand it.

O.city
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
LOL

Well buddy... Maybe you should watch the games...

Gronkowski and the Bills TE are all I remember from this year?

BoneKrusher
12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Orton can do.

yeah me too, it sure would be nice to see a couple 25-30 yard passes for a Change.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Gronkowski and the Bills TE are all I remember from this year?

There's a pretty glaring one from this *calendar* year you may be overlooking as well.

O.city
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
There's a pretty glaring one from this *calendar* year you may be overlooking as well.

Oh I know. I was trolling. I've been practicing a little and I'm getting pretty good. I hooked a few this time.

Bowser
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
dcwhb Danny Clinkscale

Stanzibaters everywhere are beating it up proper right now.....

trndobrd
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I want to do whatever will give us the best look at Stanzi. In this case starting him against GB the week the HC got the boot is probably not the best answer. Let him prepare this week in the #2 spot and bring him in once everyone is in the flow of the game.....sort of like Haley should have done last week.

There is also the question of if we want to bring Orton back next season to compete against Stanzi and the new first round QB draft pick, or set him loose and get the compensatory draft pick.

Red Beans
12-14-2011, 01:06 PM
There is also the question of if we want to bring Orton back next season to compete against Stanzi and the new first round QB draft pick, or set him loose and get the compensatory draft pick.

A very good reason to evaluate both. I wish Haley would have trotted out someone other than Palko, it would have made that evaluation a little easier...

vailpass
12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Orton:" I'd love to play but this damned finger just won't heal.
Crennel: "How many weeks before you think you can play?"
Orton: "How many more weeks in the season"
Crennel: "3"
Orton: "4"

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Exactly.
this is Crennel's audition for a Head Coaching gig.
he has to play the QB that gives him the best chance.

i understand it.

I understand it. Don't like it. Don't think Orton gives a better chance to win than Stanzi does. Still using the excuse that Stanzi is a 5th round QB rookie. That is all.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh I know. I was trolling. I've been practicing a little and I'm getting pretty good. I hooked a few this time.

It was openly mocked on National TV... That was enough...

BoneKrusher
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I understand it. Don't like it. Don't think Orton gives a better chance to win than Stanzi does. Still using the excuse that Stanzi is a 5th round QB rookie. That is all.

i know man.

i wanted Stanzi to play after week two.

ClevelandBronco
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Oh, yeah. That's what they called him in Denver. He's Mr. Best Chance to Win.

whoman69
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll wait until Sunday to see if Palko is inactive.

I think its best this week to let Orton go and put Stanzi in there if he craps all over himself. Give Stanzi some reps and let him go in the divisional games.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh, yeah. That's what they called him in Denver. He's Mr. Best Chance to Win.

Orton threw for 3 touchdown passes against GB earlier this year.

You know what they call 3 touchdown passes in 1 game in KC ? A fucking miracle.

Bowser
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM

You know what they call 3 touchdown passes in 1 game in KC ? A fucking miracle.

At first I was all LMAO

Then, I was all :banghead:

Bowser
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
WELCOME TO KANSAS CITY, JESSE.

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM

You know what they call 3 touchdown passes in 1 game in KC ? A ****ing miracle.

Every time we have scored more than 17 points, we have won. Think about that!

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
So they give him Comets tickets. Nice.

Bowser
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Every time we have scored more than 17 points, we have won. Think about that!

Lightin' fires and kickin' tires!

Dayze
sorry to hear you moved here to watch a bad product Jesse. Here, have some Comets and Royals tickets.

Sofa King

LMAO

So you'd rather we are strapped to a piece of shit than try to draft one (meaning a top flight QB)?

Man you're an asshole.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I just listened to Crennel press. He said both Stanzi & Orton are splitting reps in practice. His determination is yet to be made providing the condition of Ortons finger. He pretty much said that Stanzi is a rookie & that Orton has the experience and has the preference for Orton in that regard. Stanzi has a chance to play this weekend only if Ortons finger is still an issue.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Count Zarth
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
This is gonna be awesome. Hopefully Baldwin can have a couple of big games before the season is over.

Messier
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Palko should have never started one game. I'm a little angry about that.

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Definitely.

ClevelandBronco
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Which one?

Messier
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Which one?

Hmmm....I'll say the Steeler game.

aturnis
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
I want to do whatever will give us the best look at Stanzi. In this case starting him against GB the week the HC got the boot is probably not the best answer. Let him prepare this week in the #2 spot and bring him in once everyone is in the flow of the game.....sort of like Haley should have done last week.

Could set Orton loose, pick up Flynn from GB, draft a 1st rounder and keep Stanzi. Doubt that would work though unless we guaranteed Flynn the starter position, which some other team such as Jax, Wash, Mia, or Min would probably do. If the scouts really believed in Stanzi as much as they seemed to have and we draft a first rounder, doubt he'd want to come here. I guess free agency is before the draft though, so who knows. We could trick him. :evil:

bricks
12-14-2011, 08:54 PM
LMAO

So you'd rather we are strapped to a piece of shit than try to draft one (meaning a top flight QB)?

Man you're an asshole.

The man is not an asshole.

He just dont like whiny little bitches. Ain't nothing wrong with that:harumph:

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Schefter just said he doesn't really say any way the Chiefs keep Kyle Orton beyond these next 3 games...

cabletech94
12-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Schefter just said he doesn't really say any way the Chiefs keep Kyle Orton beyond these next 3 games...

Pretty sure he's cannon fodder. Plus the extra draft pick and all. :D

DuhChiefs
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM
StanziCityChiefs :)

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Here is a thought, draft a HOF TE and see how many playoff games we win.

Frankie
12-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I would love to hear Bowe's (and other WRs') opinion of Stanzi. They see him in practice and should have a good idea what he is made of.

O.city
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm starting to think Stanzi might be the guy next year. If Pioli is so high on him, maybe he lets Cassel and Orton go brings in a vet backup and hands it to Stanzi.

boogblaster
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
who knows .. what is cassel's contract ....

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
The man is not an asshole.

He just dont like whiny little bitches. Ain't nothing wrong with that:harumph:

Did you have tears in your eyes when you typed that?

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 07:17 AM
StanziCityChiefs :)

they may just shock the world on sunday.

we all know the Packers are gonna roll into Arrowhead thinking they have this game won based on the first 13 games of the season. (as they should)

if the offense can move the ball with the QB change and give the defense some help, i see the Chiefs turning this game into a dogfight.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
It'll be a dogfight alright. Like a Pit Bull against a Minature Poodle.

Frankie
12-15-2011, 10:59 AM

we all know the Packers are gonna roll into Arrowhead thinking they have this game won based on the first 13 games of the season. (as they should)

if the offense can move the ball with the QB change and give the defense some help, i see the Chiefs turning this game into a dogfight.A losing, Rocky 1 type dogfight with Stanzi at the helm would be the best of both worlds for this team at the moment. Hate to say it but it's true.

It'll be a dogfight alright. Like a Pit Bull against a Minature Poodle.LMAO

Did you say miniature or would any Poodle do?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KlopRnA4JMc/S9sy6FcSWNI/AAAAAAAAAww/GbpNVlVNbXc/s1600/087.JPG

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
It'll be a dogfight alright. Like a Pit Bull against a Minature Poodle.

LMAO

the Chiefs have been stinking up the joint so much lately and with the Changes this week i was just trying to be positive.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Then why not play Stanzi?

Frankie
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM

Stanzi will probably not start against the Packs but play some. Maybe they just don't want to put him in the role of a starter right away. He might start one or both of the remaining games though. One can hope anyway.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 01:45 PM

Because Romeo Crennel wants to secure the HC job.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
It appears that Orton could not have started if the game was yesterday but today he's good enough that he could.

So it looks like it will be Orton.

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
It appears that Orton could not have started if the game was yesterday but today he's good enough that he could.

either way i'm just glad we will see a QB besides 4 or 7.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 03:34 PM
He's going to be wearing a glove.

On the plus side, he said he's worn one for a few games in Denver.

On the negative side, he said he's thrown his "whole life" without one and it feels weird.

He's gonna turn the ball over 3 or 4 times, bank on it.

O.city
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Well we are likely to see Stanzi then.

BoneKrusher
12-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Maybe but
the last game for Matt Cassel was vs the Broncos:

13 of 28 for 93 yards and a TD

Orton wont have to be very good to beat those stats.

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Maybe but
the last game for Matt Cassel was vs the Broncos:

13 of 28 for 93 yards and a TD

Orton wont have to be very good to beat those stats.

The goal is to give yourself the best chance to win.

Not playing a guy that has to wear a glove on his throwing hand would probably be a good place to start.

BoneKrusher
12-16-2011, 08:36 AM
The goal is to give yourself the best chance to win.

Not playing a guy that has to wear a glove on his throwing hand would probably be a good place to start.

i'd rather see Stanz but tbh Orton with a glove would be an improvement over the crap we've seen over the last three years.

Just Sayin'.

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 08:43 AM
i'd rather see Stanz but tbh Orton with a glove would be an improvement over the crap we've seen over the last three years.

Just Sayin'.

Better than "bad" does not equal "good".

BoneKrusher
12-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Better than "bad" does not equal "good".

very true but it's better than what we've had at QB.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Stanzi must suck more cock than Skip Bayless at a Tebow rally
The news showed a clip of Orton making 3 throws under 15 yards. Two could be timed with a sundial. The other plopped in the dirt 5 yards short

vailpass
12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
The news showed a clip of Orton making 3 throws under 15 yards. Two could be timed with a sundial. The other plopped in the dirt 5 yards short

Orton's motivation may not be quite at 100%

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 11:35 AM
He could have been mocking Palko :shrug:

talastan
12-16-2011, 11:37 AM

Stanzi is the rook that every HC for the Chiefs has always been afraid to play. Especially with RAC only having three games to show off his talents as a HC.

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 11:40 AM

Stanzi's talent, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it.

Romeo is auditioning for a head coaching job, if not here then somewhere else.

This is the NFL, Orton starts for 9 out 10 teams in such a situation.

BoneKrusher
12-16-2011, 11:40 AM
He could have been mocking Palko :shrug:

IMO Palko played well considering he learned to offense from Cassel.

monkey see monkey do.

Groves
12-16-2011, 11:42 AM
He's going to be wearing a glove.

On the plus side, he said he's worn one for a few games in Denver.

On the negative side, he said he's thrown his "whole life" without one and it feels weird.

Maybe he can take the snap with the glove on, and then take the glove off to throw the ball.

You know, like those one handed baseball pitchers.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
IF they let the media film it, it was only warm ups(1st 15 min)
but that's not good trollin info

BWillie
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM

God damn it. I'd rather play Palko than Orton, cuz then we would have better chance to lose and get a higher pick. Orton serves this team absolutely no purpose unless they think they can make the playoffs, which they can't. If they were playing 3 tomato cans in a row, maybe, but they have to play GB. Put in the rook

KC Tattoo
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Does not excuse Casey Wiggworm starting C and Hudson not taking that over. Are you insinuating Hudson sucks over Casey W?

I'm not buying that Stanzi sucks because he hasn't played. He is a rookie & Chiefs must have a written rule somewhere not to play rookie QBs.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I've been through this asshole before
don't try pushing me through again

Chris Meck
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
This is disappointing news.

whoman69
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
IMO Palko played well considering he learned to offense from Cassel.

monkey see monkey do.

No QB ever learned anything from Cassel. Palko did many things that Cassel didn't know how to. He just doesn't have an NFL arm.

BoneKrusher
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
No QB ever learned anything from Cassel. Palko did many things that Cassel didn't know how to. He just doesn't have an NFL arm.

i was talking about the INTs.

Halfcan
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Orton misses two games because of a finger??? Wat a puss. Favre used to play with two broken legs and never missed a start.

bevischief
12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Orton misses two games because of a finger??? Wat a puss. Favre used to play with two broken legs and never missed a start.

That was Haley excuse not to start him.

whoman69
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
That was Haley excuse not to start him.

Whatever, he wasn't even taking snaps from center earlier this week.

Nightfyre
12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
At least Orton can put the ball downfield...

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM

Anyone who says this has never thrown a ball before in their life. It has nothing to do with playing through pain. Throwing a ball on a dislocated finger isn't painful. It's just very physically difficult to do.

DuhChiefs
12-16-2011, 04:20 PM

Derp derp I'm a moron.....
LEGS do not effect your THROWING ability (or not as much)
Plus, Farve's an idiot.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2011, 04:23 PM
I've never seen so much hype around a 5th round QB.

There are plenty of good reasons for Orton to start. 1) Looking like a trainwreck in 2012... that's going to hurt our chances to get free agents this offseason, especially our own (Carr and Bowe -- two HUGE free agent signings). 2) whether people acknowledge it's important or not, selling tickets is a vital piece to giving our team enough money and getting blown out the last few games screws our chances to sell season tickets in 2012. 3) Sorry, but I believe if Orton pieces together a few solid games, that is the only way Cassel can fall out of favor.

-King-
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Derp derp I'm a moron.....
LEGS do not effect your THROWING ability (or not as much)
Plus, Farve's an idiot.

Where do you think you get throwing power from?
Posted via Mobile Device

DuhChiefs
12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Brett Farve didn't throw far enough to need throwing power when he was injured... He threw short slants and down checks.

Al Bundy
12-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Brett Farve didn't throw far enough to need throwing power when he was injured... He threw short slants and down checks.

Why cant you spell his fucking name right?

Red Brooklyn
12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Why cant you spell his fucking name right?
I laughed.

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Anyone who says this has never thrown a ball before in their life. It has nothing to do with playing through pain. Throwing a ball on a dislocated finger isn't painful. It's just very physically difficult to do.

It has EVERYTHING to do with playing through pain.

He can throw the ball just fine, but taking a snap under center hurts like a bitch.

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I've never seen so much hype around a 5th round QB.

There are plenty of good reasons for Orton to start. 1) Looking like a trainwreck in 2012... that's going to hurt our chances to get free agents this offseason, especially our own (Carr and Bowe -- two HUGE free agent signings). 2) whether people acknowledge it's important or not, selling tickets is a vital piece to giving our team enough money and getting blown out the last few games screws our chances to sell season tickets in 2012. 3) Sorry, but I believe if Orton pieces together a few solid games, that is the only way Cassel can fall out of favor.

If Stanzi started the last 3 games, they'd sell more tickets for next year, win or lose than if Orton wins all 3. Don't kid yourself.

crazycoffey
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
If Stanzi started the last 3 games, they'd sell more tickets for next year, win or lose than if Orton wins all 3. Don't kid yourself.

Even if Stanzi played like leaf?

Chiefnj2
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM

Iowa fans are going to travel every Sunday?

htismaqe
12-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Iowa fans are going to travel every Sunday?

Listen to the radio...the "average" fan wants to see Stanzi just as much, if not more, than the vocal group here.

Frankie
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Listen to the radio...the "average" fan wants to see Stanzi just as much, if not more, than the vocal group here.

It's like getting an expensive looking toy for a bargain price and never putting batteries in it to see if it works. Not knowing hurts even worse than finding out it doesn't. Fans are entitled to see that before their team spends valuable draft picks on the next QBOTF.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Michele Bachmann wants to see Stanzi also

crazycoffey
12-16-2011, 11:12 PM

It's not that we all want to see him, hell I echo this sentiment in my dreams/nightmares! It's just so discerning that Haley didn't jump to start him and Romeo isn't jumping to start him, I mean - if Stanzi's doing any good in practice you have to think he would've played by now.

What is he doing or not doing to not get a vote of confidence from zorn, Bill, todd and romeo?

I can not believe they don't let him play because they are afraid he'll play well....

Frankie
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
It's not that we all want to see him, hell I echo this sentiment in my dreams/nightmares! It's just so discerning that Haley didn't jump to start him and Romeo isn't jumping to start him, I mean - if Stanzi's doing any good in practice you have to think he would've played by now.

What is he doing or not doing to not get a vote of confidence from zorn, Bill, todd and romeo?

I can not believe they don't let him play because they are afraid he'll play well....

I tend to see Pioli's fingerprints on this. Yes Pioli's draft included Stanzi, but Cassel is his prince. Stanzi made the mistake of playing better than the rest of the QBs in pre-season. That, IMO, sealed his regular season fate, because they didn't want Cassel to feel threatened and lose his magnificent playing abilities.

crazycoffey
12-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I tend to see Pioli's fingerprints on this. Yes Pioli's draft included Stanzi, but Cassel is his prince. Stanzi made the mistake of playing better than the rest of the QBs in pre-season. That, IMO, sealed his regular season fate, because they didn't want Cassel to feel threatened and lose his magnificent playing abilities.

I highly doubt that, Pioli as much as anyone can appreciate getting a young no namer some play time to see if he's got another brady over bledsoe scenerio.

Tribal Warfare
12-16-2011, 11:28 PM
I highly doubt that, Pioli as much as anyone can appreciate getting a young no namer some play time to see if he's got another brady over bledsoe scenerio.

I don't then why didn't he sign a better vet to backup Cassel? That's because any quality veteran backup can outplay Cassel any day of the week.

JD10367
12-17-2011, 12:10 AM
When the Chiefs signed Orton, I pointed out that statistically he's actually even worse than Cassel.

Even if Orton was 100% healthy--which he isn't--the Chiefs know what they have in him.

This is the time to find out what they have in the players they DON'T know about.

Not playing Stanzi is short-bus retarded. And if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be absolutely ripshit.

jd1020
12-17-2011, 12:17 AM
When the Chiefs signed Orton, I pointed out that statistically he's actually even worse than Cassel.

Even if Orton was 100% healthy--which he isn't--the Chiefs know what they have in him.

This is the time to find out what they have in the players they DON'T know about.

Not playing Stanzi is short-bus retarded. And if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be absolutely ripshit.

Except they are nearly identical statistically.

Cassels best year with the #1 WR corp in NE - 16 327 516 63.4 3,693 7.16 21 76 11 5 89.4

Ortons second best year in Denver and 3 less games than Cassel - 13 293 498 58.8 3,653 7.34 20 71 9 1 87.5

I'll take Orton over Cassel any day.

Crennel is auditioning for the HC job. He is not going to start a rookie QB for 3 games.

Count Zarth
12-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Not the last three seasons, which are the only ones that really paint a realistic picture.

Besides, just watch them play. Orton actually has ability to throw down the field. Cassel does not.

BossChief
12-17-2011, 12:22 AM
You know whats sad panda?

Most of OrangeMane didnt like Orton because they felt he didnt throw the ball down the field enough.

After years of Cassel, we think of it as a massive upgrade in that category.

splatbass
12-17-2011, 02:09 AM

It is easy to sit here and say that, but for the people whose job depends on winning treating a regular season game like a preseason game isn't quite as easy.

splatbass
12-17-2011, 02:16 AM

Exactly, it makes no sense. Their jobs - from Pioli on down - are dependent on winning. Sitting a player that is better than the starter is not going to keep them employed. It is ridiculous to think that Pioli or Crennel or Haley didn't want to start Stanzi because he is better than Cassel.

Pioli may have an ego, but he knows that putting together a winning team is more important than proving he made the right move by trading for Cassel.

splatbass
12-17-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't then why didn't he sign a better vet to backup Cassel? That's because any quality veteran backup can outplay Cassel any day of the week.

I don't buy it. If Pioli could win by signing a better QB I believe he would do it. His job depends on winning, not proving that he made a good choice on Cassel.

Fritz88
12-17-2011, 02:54 AM
You know whats sad panda?

Most of OrangeMane didnt like Orton because they felt he didnt throw the ball down the field enough.

After years of Cassel, we think of it as a massive upgrade in that category.

Anyone who throws the ball even if one inch past the first down mark is a major upgrade.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2011, 04:09 AM
I don't buy it. If Pioli could win by signing a better QB I believe he would do it. His job depends on winning, not proving that he made a good choice on Cassel.

Never underestimate Pioli's ego, and he doesn't want his 63 million dollar investment look bad by someone who has significantly lower pay grade. Ask yourself why they didn't try to sign a good backup but instead stuck with semipro reject in Palko. He'll go down with ship to prove he's right, and this is being verified by other independent sources also.

JD10367
12-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Except they are nearly identical statistically.

I'll take Orton over Cassel any day.

Crennel is auditioning for the HC job. He is not going to start a rookie QB for 3 games.

It is easy to sit here and say that, but for the people whose job depends on winning treating a regular season game like a preseason game isn't quite as easy.

If Crennel wants to start Orton over Stanzi because he thinks winning will make him the HC, he's not only delusional but also putting himself ahead of the team.

Orton is average. Nothing special. So average that he's been run out of TWO towns (Denver and Chicago) where they did NOT have Peyton Manning replacing him. He will bring the Chiefs absolutely nothing. If he plays average enough and the Chiefs somehow pull out a win against Green Bay, all it will do is solidify the false illusion that he's the QBOTF for the Chiefs and put their development back even longer. (And, frankly, I'm not sold as Crennel as a HC, so if beating GB makes him the HCOTF that could be equally bad.)

The Chiefs could have the next Tom Brady sitting on the bench. Or the next Curtis Painter. But they'll never know if he keeps sitting on the fucking bench.

Chiefnj2
12-17-2011, 10:12 AM
If Crennel wants to start Orton over Stanzi because he thinks winning will make him the HC, he's not only delusional but also putting himself ahead of the team.

Orton is average. Nothing special. So average that he's been run out of TWO towns (Denver and Chicago) where they did NOT have Peyton Manning replacing him. He will bring the Chiefs absolutely nothing. If he plays average enough and the Chiefs somehow pull out a win against Green Bay, all it will do is solidify the false illusion that he's the QBOTF for the Chiefs and put their development back even longer. (And, frankly, I'm not sold as Crennel as a HC, so if beating GB makes him the HCOTF that could be equally bad.)

The Chiefs could have the next Tom Brady sitting on the bench. Or the next Curtis Painter. But they'll never know if he keeps sitting on the ****ing bench.

Crennel is not trying to put himself in front of the team by trying to win some games. God people are stupid. The players might want Crennel to be the next coach. The best way to keep Romeo around is to win the final three games. Beating Green Bay would be KC's Super Bowl. With Romeo as coach the players probably feel a bit safer with regard to their future. The players want to win these final three games and not have it be all about throwing a rookie into the fire when that rookie hasn't had the benefit of taking 1st team snaps until this past Wednesday. Blame Haley for not getting the kid up to speed the last 7 months, not Crennel for not doing it in 3 days.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2011, 10:19 AM

The Chiefs could have the next Tom Brady sitting on the bench. Or the next Curtis Painter. But they'll never know if he keeps sitting on the fucking bench.Kind of a dumb post. Orton may be average, but he has experience and gives the team the best chance to win. That said, I'd love to see Stanzi play.

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Crennel is not trying to put himself in front of the team by trying to win some games. God people are stupid. The players might want Crennel to be the next coach. The best way to keep Romeo around is to win the final three games. Beating Green Bay would be KC's Super Bowl. With Romeo as coach the players probably feel a bit safer with regard to their future. The players want to win these final three games and not have it be all about throwing a rookie into the fire when that rookie hasn't had the benefit of taking 1st team snaps until this past Wednesday. Blame Haley for not getting the kid up to speed the last 7 months, not Crennel for not doing it in 3 days.

How do you know the players want him to be coach? this is purely a Romeo decision though I wouldn't be surprised if this is a directive from clark hunt. Understandably so.

Chiefnj2
12-17-2011, 10:47 AM
How do you know the players want him to be coach? this is purely a Romeo decision though I wouldn't be surprised if this is a directive from clark hunt. Understandably so.

I said the players MIGHT want him to be coach. Why? I haven't heard anyone speak out against him. No rumors this week players were unhappy. Why? If he stays coach, he likely stays with the same D system. That means job security for a lot of the players. Why? I think players tend to prefer black head coaches. Whenever ESPN or SI does polls of which coaches players want to play for and those that they don't want to play for, IMO, black head coaches seem to get the benefit of the doubt from players.

lewdog
12-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Been growing out my neckbeard in honor of Orton, for tomorrow.

NJChiefsFan
12-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone who throws the ball even if one inch past the first down mark is a major upgrade.
Posted via Mobile Device

After watching Cassel for so long, seeing a guy throw a ball 15 yards will seem like they have a cannon and balls of steel.

I think that really helped add to the Stanzi hype. Seeing him attempt, let alone complete, 20 yard passes.

BoneKrusher
12-17-2011, 02:06 PM
After watching Cassel for so long, seeing a guy throw a ball 15 yards will seem like they have a cannon and balls of steel.

:clap:
Castle put us all in a rut with those 3 yard passes.

phillip
12-17-2011, 02:50 PM
God damn it. I'd rather play Palko than Orton, cuz then we would have better chance to lose and get a higher pick. Orton serves this team absolutely no purpose unless they think they can make the playoffs, which they can't. If they were playing 3 tomato cans in a row, maybe, but they have to play GB. Put in the rook

I see your point, but if teams just started intentionally tanking as soon as a playoff appearance seemed unattainable, this would be a pretty shitty league.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM

Well, duh...

Unlike us, Crennel actually wants to win so he can keep the job.

Chocolate Hog
12-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Dave how many Browns games did you watch when Romeo was the coach out there? Was he an abortion?

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Dave how many Browns games did you watch when Romeo was the coach out there? Was he an abortion?I've always watched the Chiefs, I haven't seen a lot of Browns games.

Not terrible. 10-6 at one point. Cleveland has never had much talent, though.

I don't dislike Crennel as HC, I'm just not crazy about it.

BoneKrusher
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM

if the offense can move the ball with the QB change and give the defense some help, i see the Chiefs turning this game into a dogfight.

the Chiefs did it.
we just shocked the world.

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 08:16 AM
I said the players MIGHT want him to be coach. Why? I haven't heard anyone speak out against him. No rumors this week players were unhappy. Why? If he stays coach, he likely stays with the same D system. That means job security for a lot of the players. Why? I think players tend to prefer black head coaches. Whenever ESPN or SI does polls of which coaches players want to play for and those that they don't want to play for, IMO, black head coaches seem to get the benefit of the doubt from players.

I think it's pretty obvious now that the players DO want him as coach. As do quite a few other people.

Congrats to RAC, he just made himself the front-runner for the job.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2011, 08:18 AM
I've always watched the Chiefs, I haven't seen a lot of Browns games.

Not terrible. 10-6 at one point. Cleveland has never had much talent, though.

I don't dislike Crennel as HC, I'm just not crazy about it.

Uh Oh, we are agreeing on something here... LMAO

Reerun_KC
12-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I think it's pretty obvious now that the players DO want him as coach. As do quite a few other people.

Congrats to RAC, he just made himself the front-runner for the job.

Just not a big fan of the quick knee jerk reactions after a win...

It would be best if you looked at his over all body of work as a HC and see how he preformed...

And we dont need to compare Cleveland and KC ownerships/players/cities, etc...

KC has been a shit franchise for many years.. We havent been any better or worse than Cleveland...