PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting points made my Romeo today..??

DRU
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Did you watch his "At the Podium" thing today? 1:15 - 1:28 seems like some very interesting information to me.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/From-the-Podium-Romeo-Crennel/9ae149b2-ee24-4167-a3bf-c516c3410054

"We're changing some things. Ya know, for instance, we moved the lifting from in the morning to after practice so that we can have more time in the meeting room.

And then we're going to watch the tape after practice, and we hadn't been doing that on Wednesdays."

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I thought his comments about the QBs were interesting, especially the part about not changing the playbook for one guy or the other.

DRU
12-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought his comments about the QBs were interesting, especially the part about not changing the playbook for one guy or the other.

I actually just now heard that part. This whole thing is pretty interesting. Sort of sounds like he had strong opinions about things but wasn't part of the offense and wasn't overstepping his boundaries before.

Pants

Is he going to uncuff Cassel when he comes back?

O.city
Can we hope that it was Haley that was tied to Cassel and not Pioli?

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
is it just me or in just two days has Romeo offered more to the media in terms of either speaking skills, depth or information about the team than Todd Haley gave to us in 3 freaking years lol

Pants
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM

LOL, you can hope all you want, bro.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
is it just me or in just two days has Romeo offered more to the media in terms of either speaking skills, depth or information about the team than Todd Haley gave to us in 3 freaking years lol

I don't agree that Orton should get a shot at starting over Stanzi. But i did like Crennel on how he talked to the media & gave his explanations. He was strait forward as he could be and I think he understands the situation he is in.

I liked his comments toward the end when he said Green Bay does not care who our QB is LMAO they have played against good quarterbacks.

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't agree that Orton should get a shot at starting over Stanzi. But i did like Crennel on how he talked to the media & gave his explanations. He was strait forward as he could be and I think he understands the situation he is in.

I liked his comments toward the end when he said Green Bay does not care who our QB is LMAO they have played against good quarterbacks.

exactly, that right there is more from the team/coach to the fan in the media than we have seen from Haley in three years.

Whether you agree with the points or opinions or not. At least Romeo is offering something other than blank vanilla typical response statements we have gotten from Haley in three years.

I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing, but it is certainly refreshing to see a guy stand up there for the Chiefs and offer something that actually makes me worth watching or reading as opposed of the same schtick for 3 years from Todd.

threebag02
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM

REALLY???

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Romeo's comments were very interesting. Especially when he said he informed "Pioli" that "Tyler" would not be starting after he talked to "Tyler".

His entire demeanor was different than Todd's. Almost an "I'm not a puppet" demeanor. I wonder if either

1) Pioli realized having a foot-shuffling porter wasn't a good idea or
2) Romeo said "I'm not going to let this shithole job ruin my chances of getting a shot somewhere else.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Romeo couldn't have done a better job with that interview. He definitely isn't into the 'veil of secrecy' game with either the media or players. Reading between the lines, it looks like the players had a bunch of anxiety/uncertainty over the way Haley wouldn't let them know who the QB would be each week.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:16 PM
exactly, that right there is more from the team/coach to the fan in the media than we have seen from Haley in three years.

Whether you agree with the points or opinions or not. At least Romeo is offering something other than blank vanilla typical response statements we have gotten from Haley in three years.

I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing, but it is certainly refreshing to see a guy stand up there for the Chiefs and offer something that actually makes me worth watching or reading as opposed of the same schtick for 3 years from Todd.

Any time I watched a Haley press, I got the impression he was stoned.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know if I should read into the "Green Bay doesn't care who our quarterback is" to mean nobody on the roster is going to scare them, so just fess up.

milkman
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Romeo's comments were very interesting. Especially when he said he informed "Pioli" that "Tyler" would not be starting after he talked to "Tyler".

The implication there, to me, is that starting Palko wasn't Haley's decision.

journeyscarab
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
"I take my hat off to Romeo. He came to the news conference prepared to answer questions, gave good explainations and I ..I just have to take my hat off to him.

/ Standard Haley comment after every loss.

teedubya
12-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I enjoyed listening to this interview... great attitude and personality... seems like he would be a decent coach longterm. Hope he fares well these last few weeks.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM

or hammered drunk

suds79
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Listening to it now. Can't believe how many questions are actually being answered.

It's nice. Props to him for at least being a man. :clap:

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Or, it could be that Pioli did his job with the roster and left it up to the coach to play the guys he felt gave the best chance to win. Pioli did his job in Piolis mind.

It took Clark Hunt to prompt the fireing of Haley. It took Clark Hunt to do Pioli job. Pioli even said in press that it was all up to Haley to play who he wanted that his opinion to give best chance to win a game.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
or hammered drunk

He looked like the poster boy to feed homelss people.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 01:40 PM

His entire demeanor was different than Todd's. Almost an "I'm not a puppet" demeanor. I wonder if either

2) Romeo said "I'm not going to let this shithole job ruin my chances of getting a shot somewhere else.

My guess is that he knows he's got no shot at the job after this season, so he's going to do what he wants and what he thinks is right.

ROYC75
12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
So many people speculating on what the issue is/was is rather amusing.

Truth is , we just don't know every little detail, only what our eyes and ears tells us. Advantage, the eyes.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
My guess is that he knows he's got no shot at the job after this season, so he's going to do what he wants and what he thinks is right.

Three game audition, and he probably has enough money put away to buy his family Christmas presents.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM

Oh goodie. We'll get a 3-game glimpse of how to actually run a franchise honestly only to find out January 4th that Romeo is gone because he "talked to much" and we're replacing him with some other stooge.

scho63
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I really liked the way Romeo directly answered the questions. He really summed up the Stanzi situation pretty well.
"I know it's a tough task to ask of him but at some point he is going to have to enter a game and help run the offense. If he does a good job, that bodes well for us."

milkman
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Or, it could be that Pioli did his job with the roster and left it up to the coach to play the guys he felt gave the best chance to win. Pioli did his job in Piolis mind.

It took Clark Hunt to prompt the fireing of Haley. It took Clark Hunt to do Pioli job. Pioli even said in press that it was all up to Haley to play who he wanted that his opinion to give best chance to win a game.

Then why would Crennel feel he needed to inform Pioli of his decision?

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM

He has to keep the boss informed of his decision but it was Crennells decision to do so. Pioli doesn't have to make the hard decisions of who gets to play that is left up to the coach. Pioli is the guy who fills the roster and lets the coach do or die with that said roster.

MIAdragon
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Is he going to uncuff Cassel when he comes back?

lol

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
He has to keep the boss informed of his decision but it was Crennells decision to do so. Pioli doesn't have to make the hard decisions of who gets to play that is left up to the coach. Pioli is the guy who fills the roster and lets the coach do or die with that said roster.

So do you think maybe they got this thing backwards? Perhaps the owner should higher the coach and then the coach gets to pick that guy that gets the groceries.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Pioli said so in the press that he lets the coach play who he wants.

FringeNC
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM

Never thought about it that way. That is a very good point.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
So do you think maybe they got this thing backwards? Perhaps the owner should higher the coach and then the coach gets to pick that guy that gets the groceries.

Yes that's exactly what I think. They have been doing it bass ackwards. Tell a Chef to cook a gormay meal with roman noodles and pickle juice.

FAX
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
I have to admit, I like the way Crennel just sort of throws it out there.

FAX

-King-
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM

Actually according to Charles Robinson, that was Haley all the way. Haley knew he was out do I think the palko thing was one last fuck you to Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I just watched the PC. I did like what he had to say a lot. We'll see if there is any improvement on the field.

threebag02
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Pioli needs to step the fuck out of the litterbox and quit covering shit (Cassel) with more shit (Palko).

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Did Crennel have Shannon Sharpe talk for him in his press conference?

-King-
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Wtf?
Posted via Mobile Device

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM

NO we could understand him.

wtf?

-King-
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
The media has always said that Crennel its great to talk to. I saw it at training camp. Him and the interviewers had fun during the sessions. They hated talking to haley and weis. Especially weis.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM

wtf?

Glad someone could...

I was like WTF, Thannon is that you?

loochy
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Racist

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Om0YxyZyKVk/S4sHqhecWaI/AAAAAAAABPQ/EOtcV0a_m5Y/s320/shout_racist.jpg

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Glad someone could...

racist much?

loochy
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
racist much?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/schupo06/RaceBaitingforDummies.jpg

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah, it was Pioli....not HALEY.

Same GM, less than a week later, completely different approach.... yet, the GM must have changed the way HE does things. Are you really that dense?

Haley didn't have an 'I'm a puppet' demeanor, he just thought everyone else wasn't nearly as smart as he was. He pouted. He was childish. Now, we see a guy who can handle the press and relationships and doesn't get butthurt about every perceived sleight, and it MUST be Pioli changing things.

Unreal.

loochy
12-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Same GM, less than a week later, completely different approach.... yet, the GM must have changed the way HE does things. Are you really that dense?

Haley didn't have an 'I'm a puppet' demeanor, he just thought everyone else wasn't nearly as smart as he was. He pouted. He was childish. Now, we see a guy who can handle the press and relationships and doesn't get butthurt about every perceived sleight, and it MUST be Pioli changing things.

Unreal.

It is all a part of the Grand Deception to frame Haley and rob the fans of their money!

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Um...because that is what coaches do. The dumbassery around here is ridiculous.

Guess what, they have meetings and they talk about who is going to play. The head coaches have the final say, but of course they inform the GM about what is going on.

The fact that this is somehow seen as Pioli being controlling or oppressive is incredible.

Fish
12-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Your disdain for Crennel is confusing. His D has been up and down this year, but right now it's the most functional part of this team. He's saying some informative and refreshing things since taking over. I don't understand why you insist on beating that drum so persistently when it just doesn't make any sense...

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Glad someone could...

I couldn't at first, then I turned on my speekers. Could understand him just fine.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Unreal.

I left you two choices and you automatically chose the first one. It was ALL Haley's fault, we get it already.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
It is all a part of the Grand Deception to frame Haley and rob the fans of their money!

I guess that could be it. About the most logical thing I have read on here is a while....which is sad.

I hope that Pioli can win a Super Bowl soon, because being a fan is starting to suck. I live in Atlanta, so to connect to Chiefs fans, other than my good friends, I am stuck with this board. (Other boards suck in other ways)

A good healthy discussion is fine. But, when a group of fans loses all faith in the GM after less than three years...when one of those years yielded a division title, and when two of the three drafts have been very good..... it just gets old.

I wonder what the Pack Planet is up to?

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Wtf?
Posted via Mobile Device

wtf?

I case you missed it the other 487 times, Rerun hates Romeo Crennel. Were you here for the Herm years? If not, you are in for a real treat.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I left you two choices and you automatically chose the first one. It was ALL Haley's fault, we get it already.

Either way, you are saying it is Pioli's fault. And, if you knew anything about Crennel, you would know that he is too loyal to cross Pioli. So, nothing he is saying would ever be against Pioli. He isn't like Haley. He has paid his dues and is confident in himself. He doesn't need to get into whizzing matches with Pioli and then do stupid stuff like start Palko and grow a beard to protest Pioli.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Either way, you are saying it is Pioli's fault. And, if you knew anything about Crennel, you would know that he is too loyal to cross Pioli. So, nothing he is saying would ever be against Pioli. He isn't like Haley. He has paid his dues and is confident in himself. He doesn't need to get into whizzing matches with Pioli and then do stupid stuff like start Palko and grow a beard to protest Pioli.

No, I most certainly did not.

I said Romeo's outward demeanor was different than Haley's.

Option #1 puts the onus on Pioli. Option #2 is 100% Romeo Crennel.

WhiteWhale
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I guess that could be it. About the most logical thing I have read on here is a while....which is sad.

I hope that Pioli can win a Super Bowl soon, because being a fan is starting to suck. I live in Atlanta, so to connect to Chiefs fans, other than my good friends, I am stuck with this board. (Other boards suck in other ways)

A good healthy discussion is fine. But, when a group of fans loses all faith in the GM after less than three years...when one of those years yielded a division title, and when two of the three drafts have been very good..... it just gets old.

I"m not giving him any awards. 2011 draft has a lot to prove.

His first year here has been a huge block for this team. IT set back our whole rebuild.

And he's a dick.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM

There is a thread just for you, right over here. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253738

Pioli is staking his Chief life and our years on Matt Fucking Cassel, end of story.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Sensible must be in his mid 20's or so.

Otherwise he'd know that most of us are unhappy about the last THREE DECADES, not the last 3 years.

Dicky McElephant
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Romeo on Palko - "Tyler is uhhh.....uhhh a good teammate."

ROFL

FAX
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Gosh, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan. Don't give up now. You're just starting to get your stride.

I counsel persistence in the face of ... well ... everything.

FAX

boogblaster
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
QB change is a must .. if they dont see what the kid can do then one has to be drafted next year than can start ..... let him grow and then see what we got ..... bad thing is we're three years away again ..........

Sofa King
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I just started, and 10 seconds into the interview, i can't help but notice how damn happy Crennel looks so far. The dude looks seriously jolly.

Epic Fail 007
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM

I completely agree

notorious
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM

ROFL

That is awesome. LMAO

Amnorix
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
I enjoyed listening to this interview... great attitude and personality... seems like he would be a decent coach longterm. Hope he fares well these last few weeks.

RAC is just a great, great guy. I don't think I ever heard anyone say anything bad about him, other than criticisms of his performance as HC of the Browns of course.

I have always wished him success.

FAX
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
RAC is just a great, great guy. I don't think I ever heard anyone say anything bad about him, other than criticisms of his performance as HC of the Browns of course.

I have always wished him success.

Yep. He has it all except for head coaching ability.

Seriously, though ... I'm pulling for Romeo. What this team needs right now is a guy who has been through the wars and can command the respect of the team.

FAX

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 03:57 PM
if they even put up 14 points on the Packers I will go all in and say Ill take Romeo over whatever awful Pats Tree radar candidates we have to pick from at this point.

weak year for a coaching vacancy and I'd be fine with taking the shiniest turd of the bunch as long as the players can buy into Romeo. And it seems the defense likes playing for him, I mean I'd like to think Derrick Johnson, Hali, Carr, the potential of Berry and shining up a late round turd like Kendrick Lewis is more of a Romeo effect than it was Haley.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey, RAC started Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn, so he's alright in my book.

I don't want him as the HC of the Chiefs, though.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Otherwise he'd know that most of us are unhappy about the last FOUR DECADES, not the last 3 years.

Fixed it for you

notorious
12-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I looked at Romeo's head coaching history, and it didn't look horrific.

He nearly won the North in 2007, than lost a shitload of close games in 08'. We will see, maybe the guy does have some capablility.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 04:00 PM

ROFL

Did he really say that? If so, I love it.

He must have been taught like many of us, "if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say anything at all."

But I forgot that shit.

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
didnt he win 10 games with Derek Anderson?

I mean, its clear he learned his lesson when it comes to dealing with shitty QBs, hence by benching Palko.

He's been through that before.

FAX
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Sometimes, a team will respond positively to a new HC and/or a change at quarterback.

It's entirely possible that we score a touchdown against the Pack.

I'll be interested to see how Bowe conducts himself. Lately he's had kind of a hang-dog look on the field. Will he perk up now that Romeo is the man?

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Otherwise he'd know that most of us are unhappy about the last THREE DECADES, not the last 3 years.

Two things.

#1) I am in my late thirties.

#2) Pioli has been here three years, so the 27 year before are not on him.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
He nearly won the North in 2007, than lost a shitload of close games in 08'. We will see, maybe the guy does have some capablility.

Everybody blames '08 on DA but it was clear that the receivers buttered their fingers before every game that year.

notorious
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
didnt he win 10 games with Derek Anderson?

I mean, its clear he learned his lesson when it comes to dealing with shitty QBs, hence by benching Palko.

He's been through that before.

He went 10-5 that year with Anderson. The Backups were Dorsey and Quinn. :eek:

notorious
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Everybody blames '08 on DA but it was clear that the receivers buttered their fingers before every game that year.

They went from scoring over 400 points in 07' to scoring barely 200 in 08'. That was the year Braylon Edwards dropped elvntybillion passes.

He competed in the AFC North, which is not to shabby. They choked a few games away in 07' or they would have won the division.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
They went from scoring over 400 points in 07' to scoring barely 200 in 08'. That was the year Braylon Edwards dropped elvntybillion passes.

He competed in the AFC North, which is not to shabby. They choked a few games away in 07' or they would have won the division.

Since DA is one of "my guys", I watched a lot of Cleveland back then. The drops in '08 were amazing (it wasn't just Edwards). The loss of Joe Jurevicius was huge, IMO. Lewis hit the wall that year, too.

Amnorix
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I looked at Romeo's head coaching history, and it didn't look horrific.

Note also that the Browns haven't done a lick better since he left, which suggests a talent gap rather than a coaching gap in the challenging AFC North.

michaelj_58
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM
So let's hope the next coach doesn't start cassel next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notorious
12-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Note also that the Browns haven't done a lick better since he left, which suggests a talent gap rather than a coaching gap in the challenging AFC North.

They could barely score in 08', but were in just about every single game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Cleveland_Browns_season

In the beginning, I hated the idea of Romeo as HC, but now it doesn't seem so bad. Like you said, it looked like a talent problem instead of a coaching problem.

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
So let's hope the next coach doesn't start cassel next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not starting the year with a rookie no matter how much you want it. Unless we sign a new vet, Cassel will be the starter next year. You might as well just accept it.

FAX
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Way to jump in the deep end, Mr. michaelj_58.

FAX

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM
In 2008 the Browns went from Anderson to Quinn to Dorsey to Gradkowski, all while Winslow refused to play because the GM didn't visit him in the hospital and the GM was telling fans that if you don't like the job they are doing go become a fucking Bills fan.

Dicky McElephant
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Did he really say that? If so, I love it.

He must have been taught like many of us, "if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say anything at all."

But I forgot that shit.

Yes, he did. The media asked what he saw in Orton and Stanzi that he didn't see in Palko.

milkman
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Um...because that is what coaches do. The dumbassery around here is ridiculous.

Guess what, they have meetings and they talk about who is going to play. The head coaches have the final say, but of course they inform the GM about what is going on.

The fact that this is somehow seen as Pioli being controlling or oppressive is incredible.

My fault.

I fully understand how things work.

What I don't understand, and was really questioning was why he felt he needed to let the media know that he informed Pioli of his decision.

And the dumbassery you spout every fucking day around here os far more ridiculous than anything in this thread, dumbass.

Bewbies
12-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't want Crennel because I don't want his defensive system. Bring in someone that runs the 3-4 like they do in Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

rico
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes that's exactly what I think. They have been doing it bass ackwards. Tell a Chef to cook a gormay meal with roman noodles and pickle juice.

That's a good point and all, but.......who are the Chef s?

Graystoke
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Ya thats why I liked the dude.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Upon watching the presser there by Crennel I came away without the feeling that I'd just had 15 minutes of smoke blown up my ass. Refreshing.

scho63
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM

ROFL

I caught that too! Talk about trying to find the nicest way to say HE SUCKS!

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh goodie. We'll get a 3-game glimpse of how to actually run a franchise honestly only to find out January 4th that Romeo is gone because he "talked to much" and we're replacing him with some other stooge.

Jesus, man.

The things you are posting since Haley's firing...you are just flying off the handle.

Give Pioli a chance to fail a 2nd time before you crucify him...

FAX
12-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Ah ... so now it's all about 2nd chances and more time and extra consideration and stuff like that.

FAX

O.city
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
If he brings Cassel back he shouldn't get another chance. If he drafts RGIII or Barkley he should.

O.city
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Wonder what the feeling on Cp would be if he did something crazy like trading a couple 1sts and got Luck?

notorious
12-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Wonder what the feeling on Cp would be if he did something crazy like trading a couple 1sts and got Luck?

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/guinnesslab/randy_marsh.jpg

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Jesus, man.

The things you are posting since Haley's firing...you are just flying off the handle.

Give Pioli a chance to fail a 2nd time before you crucify him...

Im fine not killing Pioli until the real QB/coach decision is made but I do not share your feeling that Pioli is done with Cassel. Once he retains Cassel, the man should be chased down every time he steps foot on the streets of KC.

If he brings Cassel back he shouldn't get another chance. If he drafts RGIII or Barkley he should.

Well this moment before his decision is his second chance. After he makes his decision on Cassel, he will have either blown or made good on his second chance.

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Ah ... so now it's all about 2nd chances and more time and extra consideration and stuff like that.

FAX

Firing a GM after 3 years makes no sense.

If he doesn't go get a QB this April it makes sense.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 06:38 PM
I caught that too! Talk about trying to find the nicest way to say HE SUCKS!

LMAOLMAOLMAO

"Hey I know a girl you could go out with."

"Is she hot?"

"......... she has a good personality and she's really sweet."

O.city
12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
When the Rams are picking second in the draft and Goodell walks up and says we have a trade. The Kansas City Chiefs have traded yada yada yada for the the Rams 2 overall pick, you guys are gonna have to apologize for all this Pioli talk.

To the ship.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
When the Rams are picking second in the draft and Goodell walks up and says we have a trade. The Kansas City Chiefs have traded yada yada yada for the the Rams 2 overall pick, you guys are gonna have to apologize for all this Pioli talk.

To the ship.

But when the yada yada yada is Berry, Charles and our 2nd rounder we get to take back the apology.

:D

FAX
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
But when the yada yada yada is Berry, Charles and our 2nd rounder we get to take back the apology.

Maybe Mr. O. City has a point.

Maybe Clark got Pioli's attention and we'll begin to see some activity around improving this roster and truly building around the core players.

FAX

O.city
12-14-2011, 06:48 PM
We really just need one more core player to build around.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Maybe Mr. O. City has a point.

Maybe Clark got Pioli's attention and we'll begin to see some activity around improving this roster and truly building around the core players.

FAX

It wasn't saying he didn't have a point I was just being devils advocate. Hence the :D to give it away.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
We really just need one more core player to build around.

True. A RT.

Ok I'll shut up.

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 06:57 PM

To the ship.

The Kansas City Chiefs select: Matt Kalil, Offensive Tackle, University of Southern California.

The Vikings are now on the clock.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select: Matt Kalil, Offensive Tackle, University of Southern California.

The Vikings are now on the clock.

Kalil has said he's not declaring.

whoman69
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM

That's just stupid. USC will still be on probation won't they?

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 07:06 PM

*cough*

This is from Monday.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/12/sports/la-sp-1213-barkley-usc-juniors-20111213

Matt Kalil was sleeping soundly, the writing of a term paper his next priority.

Instead, Kalil awoke last week to what he called "mayhem."

A website, citing an unidentified source, reported that the All-American tackle was "set to return" to USC rather than turn pro, causing Kalil's phone and Twitter account to explode with messages.

Kalil said later in an interview that he wasn't close to making a decision players have until mid-January to declare for the NFL draft - but the episode illustrated the pressures and distractions that he and three teammates are facing as they decide whether to return for a final college season.

"I guess it was kind of a glimpse of what's going to be happening," Kalil said.

Quarterback Matt Barkley, safety T.J. McDonald and defensive end Nick Perry also are weighing whether to turn pro.

Coach Lane Kiffin and Athletic Director Pat Haden met with Barkley and the quarterback's parents last week and Kiffin plans to meet with the others.

Kiffin said no universal message would be delivered because each player faces a different set of circumstances.

"It's not pressure," Kiffin said. "What we try to do is get them accurate information."

Kiffin declined to reveal what he would say individually to each player. But he said general topics would include projected draft status based on conversations with NFL personnel, historical draft information such as the average number of players at certain positions selected in the first round, and the advantages of staying in school.

"A lot of times that seems like it's one-sided toward staying, but it's really not," Kiffin said. "It's just to counter the inaccurate information that they will all receive from other people."

Former USC coach Pete Carroll said he never discouraged players from turning pro if they were projected as the No. 1 player at their position, the theory being that a player could not improve his status by returning.

Kiffin allows that issues such as family financial situations and other factors come into play.

"When it's all said and done, it's, what do they want to do?" he said.

Barkley, who finished sixth in balloting for the Heisman Trophy, is projected as one of the top quarterbacks in the draft. Washington Coach Steve Sarkisian caused a stir last month when he stated that, were he an NFL coach, he would select Barkley before Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, the Heisman runner-up for the second year in a row.

But Luck remains the presumed No. 1 overall pick.

Barkley was serenaded by chants of "one more year" during a season-ending rout of UCLA, and was the subject of a petition by students hoping he would remain at USC. He has also received dozens of please-stay messages across social media platforms.

Kalil, projected by some to be the first lineman taken if he declares for the draft, said he has not been pressured by coaches. He added that he would not succumb to it anyway because of knowledge and support provided by his father, Frank, a former pro football player, and brother, Ryan, a former USC All-American who plays for the Carolina Panthers and is the highest-paid center in NFL history.

O.city
And Kalil said he hasn't decided yet that it was just rumors that he was declaring.

O.city
Beat me to it OTW

FAX
12-14-2011, 07:07 PM
It wasn't saying he didn't have a point I was just being devils advocate. Hence the :D to give it away.

I always wondered what that meant.

I've been operating under the assumption that it was the Sign Of The Mad Martian Dentist.

FAX

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
I always wondered what that meant.

I've been operating under the assumption that it was the Sign Of The Mad Martian Dentist.

FAX

Pretty sure it can pull double duty

crossbow
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM
I just watched his presser and wow am I impressed. I like his confident and smooth style. He handled his questions very well. This man is realy polished and seems like a natural leader. His knowledge of football after 30 years of experience is a given but he explains things in simple terms and doesn't insult the guys that ask the stupid questions. How can you not like this guy? Can't wait to see how he handles game decistions. I think the players will respond to him.

Hog Farmer
12-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Crennel just got fired for giving up too much info. News at 10.

FAX
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM
I just watched his presser and wow am I impressed. I like his confident and smooth style. He handled his questions very well. This man is realy polished and seems like a natural leader. His knowledge of football after 30 years of experience is a given but he explains things in simple terms and doesn't insult the guys that ask the stupid questions. How can you not like this guy? Can't wait to see how he handles game decistions. I think the players will respond to him.

Yep. And he's round.

Round guys are always very likeable.

FAX

crossbow
12-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Yep. And he's round.

FAX

That is just one more plus for him. Does this prove that black holes really exist?

kcmaxwell
12-14-2011, 08:13 PM
That's a good point and all, but.......who are the Chef s?

"Great Googly Moogly..."

O.city
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe Crennell is the guy. Doubt it. Shit like that doesn't generally work out for the Chiefs.

TEX
12-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Great guy, no doubt. Good DC, no doubt. Good HC he is not. He's one of these guys that's a better Coordinator than HC.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Maybe Crennell is the guy. Doubt it. Shit like that doesn't generally work out for the Chiefs.

When you say "shit like that" are you implying that there are things that work out for the Chiefs?

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2011, 04:05 AM
When you say "shit like that" are you implying that there are things that work out for the Chiefs?

I think he means shit never works out for the Chiefs.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Yep. And he's round.

FAX

I think the only negative is that if he's named HC our D will take a step back.

I don't want to see some schlub promoted to coordinator like when we moved Gramps to OC...

Tuckdaddy
12-15-2011, 04:22 AM

hard not to like him so far. Romey in Clev was not good but that's what happens when your QB sucks. Give Romey a good QB and he will win. This guy has 5 rings so he should get a real look for the job next year.

rocknrolla
12-15-2011, 05:49 AM
IMHO. He is the best HC available. I really have no problem with him, yet.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 06:20 AM
They could barely score in 08', but were in just about every single game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Cleveland_Browns_season

In the beginning, I hated the idea of Romeo as HC, but now it doesn't seem so bad. Like you said, it looked like a talent problem instead of a coaching problem.

I think this stems from three years of watching Haley wet himself.

We forgot what a real coach looks like. Not talking about Herm. Herm had his own issues. But, it has been six years since DV was handling press conferences and running the team.

DV had his issues, but you could see a professionalism that is no longer there.

Herm was not as professional, but he got along with the players, the front office and the media. He didn't pout and protest and whine and hold grudges and get 15 yard penalties from the sidelines.

So, we have seen a gradual decline in the head coaching position.

Suddenly, six years after DV, after we have been conditioned to watching a total boob do the press conferences as HC, we get a stark contrast with Romeo. We get to see someone who is at least professional and engaging.

I hadn't even truly realized how bad it had gotten until I heard Romeo talk. Then, I thought, holy crap....Haley sucked even worse than I thought.... I just didn't realize it because Herm was not great coach either. Haley was just a small step down from Herm.

But, Herm was a big step down from DV. Now, we have taken two steps and it has been 5.5 years since we had a HC that was truly fitting of the job.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 06:35 AM
I just started, and 10 seconds into the interview, i can't help but notice how damn happy Crennel looks so far. The dude looks seriously jolly.

Nickname alert: Chocolate Santa.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

I am sure just about everyone on the coaching staff and in the front office is jolly now that Haley is gone.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 06:40 AM
My fault.

I fully understand how things work.

What I don't understand, and was really questioning was why he felt he needed to let the media know that he informed Pioli of his decision.

And the dumbassery you spout every ****ing day around here os far more ridiculous than anything in this thread, dumbass.

Romeo probably knows the reputation Pioli is getting and wants to make sure people realize how things really work.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 06:46 AM

To the ship.

Put the pipe down. Drugs are bad.

Baby Lee
12-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Yep. And he's round.

FAX

Team frontbutt!!

griZZly64
12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Damn let me know when you guys are done suckin each other off while bashing Haley. Every thread is the same. Here's to hoping Haley gets another gig and shows you all the California Howdy.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Damn let me know when you guys are done suckin each other off while bashing Haley. Every thread is the same. Here's to hoping Haley gets another gig and shows you all the California Howdy.

Is that anything like the rusty trombone or angry pirate?

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-15-2011, 09:44 AM

What up Todd? Grizzly refers to that beard right?

Earthling
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
A great interview. Gotta love Crennel's friendly, no nonsense, demeanor.

chop
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM

It's like when you first date someone that is different than the person you were just dating. Everything is rosey and great. It may work out where this person is the right one or some of the mannerisms, you liked so much when you first met them, start to get annoying after a while.