PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the real Chiefs fans please stand up?

Pages : [1] 2

Micjones
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm sick of the fair-weathered fringe.
The door's right over there. Feel free to stop watching games whenever you're ready. You can stop with the threats. You're entitled to support whatever franchise you please. Just stop bitching about it.

Romeo Crennel isn't going to throw a game.
Ricky Stanzi isn't ready to play.
This team may or may not draft a QB in the First Round.

I want nothing more than to see Robert Griffin in a Chiefs uniform come August 2012, but I'm not going to root against this team along the way.

IF the organization wants to draft a QB high...they can move up and do so.
If not...no amount of bitching is going to change that. And losing games only ensures we get a better draft position to draft an Offensive or Defensive Lineman.

Last I checked though, being a fan involves riding it out with that team through thick AND thin. Through triumph and tragedy. I LOVE this franchise. I will support them until I'm gone. Does that mean I support every decision the organization makes? Of course not. I offer credit where it's due. I offer criticism where it's due. End of the day. I'm a Chiefs fan...for life.

Co-sign if you're with me. Everybody else? Kindly fuck the fuck off.

Flame away.

Old Dog
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Keep drinking, Hoss. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2011, 12:57 PM
True fan power UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donger
Heh. Junkie.

Sofa King
TRUE FANS, ASSSEEMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hbfnNy9dm2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO @ this thread and this video i found while looking for a battle horn. It fits perfectly.

O.city
12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
The Chiefs front office loves you.

Hell go throw your name in for the head coaching spot. Might have a pretty good chance if you talk like that.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
There is no such thing as a "fair-weathered" fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game since 1993. There has been no fair weather for nearly two decades.

Each and every single Chief fan is an idiot for putting up with this organization.

Bane
12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
KC!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Epic Fail 007
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
I agree with the post,IM A TRUE FAN1

KurtCobain
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I REALLY FUCKING LOVE THE CHIEFS.

Nothing I do nor say will change the outcome of what the Chiefs do. I am a fan. Even a fan of losers.

SO LETS FUCKING GET AT IT CHIEFS DESTROY THOSE PACKER BITCHES!!!!!1111111111

milkman
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Here's what you should do, Mic.

Go to your bedroom.

When you get there, turn your back to the door, pull your pants down, then shove the door knob right up into your ass.

milkman
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
There is no such thing as a "fair-weathered" fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game since 1993. There has been no fair weather for nearly two decades.

Each and every single Chief fan is an idiot for putting up with this organization.

There has been no fair weathe fans for 4 decades.

vailpass
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh crap I didn't realize it was True Fan day on the planet. I'll take my interloping ass out of this thread.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM

Go to your bedroom.

When you get there, turn your back to the door, pull your pants down, then shove the door knob right up into your ass.

Gotta love internet tough guy talk.

Bump
12-14-2011, 01:07 PM
IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US, YOU'RE AGAINST US!

Time to take a fuckin stand

Bump
12-14-2011, 01:08 PM
and how could a Chiefs fan be a fair weather fan?

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Slim Shady is in the house

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJO5HU_7_1w&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJO5HU_7_1w&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

DTLB58
12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
And, Palko was any more ready to play than Stanzi?
Yea, Your the expert.

Bane
12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wgpytjlW5wU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wgpytjlW5wU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 01:11 PM
This should've been posted early in the season when some wanted to throw the whole season away for someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL, oh wait, it was. Carry on

Go Chiefs

suds79
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I want nothing more than to see Robert Griffin in a Chiefs uniform come August 2012, but I'm not going to root against this team along the way.

Okay. You can't see the forest through the trees. We got it. You just keep focusing on the next game only.

Bearcat
Last I checked though, being a fan involves riding it out with that team through thick AND thin. Through triumph and tragedy.

Link? Is there some sort of official documentation for this? I was simply born into it, huh? Guess I could say the same for my parents, but then again, they spent many years trying to do what was best for me and my siblings. Not sure what the Chiefs ever did... they won a couple of playoff games when I was 13. They're always willing to take my money. If I give them enough money, they give me perks that mostly include the opportunity to spend more money.

Ignore us though, and keep giving them money. It's not like the Chiefs are only doing the bare minimum in order to get your money, and if they had to work to get your money, they might actually be forced into putting some effort into it.... it's a football team, damnit, not just some group of greedy businessmen.

Exactly.

Reerun_KC
ROFL

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Slim Shady is in the house

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJO5HU_7_1w&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJO5HU_7_1w&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

This brings up another question I've been wondering as a life long Chiefs fan.

Why is a man dressing up like a woman funny to people?

milkman
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Gotta love internet tough guy talk.

I'm not an internet tough guy.

I am not threatening you in any way.

I am simply suggesting a course of action you should take for yourself.

You're an idiot.

As such, you should do idiotic things to yourself, and spare us your dumbassery.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm with you Micjones.

mcaj22

Go to your bedroom.

this should be a requirement for the initiation to become a Chiefs True Fan

DTLB58

This is a good point. I've been a fan since 1973 and I've taken my share of crap from people for it. But I'm here at work today wearing my CP hoodie and my Chiefs cap and drove the Chief truck into work today so there!

BoneKrusher

spot on

DaKCMan AP
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
http://geek.michaelgrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/one-true-fan-me.jpg

DaKCMan AP
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lB17K9rbL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

DaKCMan AP
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ5k3TuDvKtu911g9MkR24t41BYGdtgA7qWyoWpebp4A6V2j2h7bProknn

lewdog
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
through thick AND thin. Through triumph and tragedy. I LOVE this franchise. I will support them until I'm gone.

Well I will be a Chiefs fan forever too and I won't miss a game. Difference being is you have to question everything this franchise does since no success has been provided. I hate a lot about this franchise and I have promised myself to not spend a single dime to SUPPORT them which includes NFL Sunday ticket, clothing, going to a bar to watch them play......nothing. I will illegally stream their games every Sunday so I don't have to spend a dime but I will be watching.

There is a difference between being a fan and being a homer. I hate many things about this franchise right now.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM

It was partly sunny when Montana was QB.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
And, Palko was any more ready to play than Stanzi?
Yea, Your the expert.

Not sure where I said that.

Palko shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, but the fact that he's got no real NFL talent hardly means that Stanzi's in a good position to play.
Wishful thinking won't make it so.

At the end of the day the kid's been inactive for MOST of the year. Couple that with a truncated off-season and it's reasonable to think he won't be real NFL action. He's a 5th Round draft pick. Griffin, by all accounts, will sit next year when he's drafted and he'll go Top 15 in Round 1. With a full off-season program and much more talent.

Brock
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM

This is a fact. Save the true fan BS, nobody here needs to hear it.

KCtotheSB
Do you have "Mediocrity" tatooed somewhere on you, mic?

Micjones
Well I will be a Chiefs fan forever too and I won't miss a game. Difference being is you have to question everything this franchise does since no success has been provided. I hate a lot about this franchise and I have promised myself to not spend a single dime to SUPPORT them which includes NFL Sunday ticket, clothing, going to a bar to watch them play......nothing. I will illegally stream their games every Sunday so I don't have to spend a dime but I will be watching.

There is a difference between being a fan and being a homer. I hate many things about this franchise right now.

I'm not a homer. By ANY stretch of the imagination.
I am fully critical of this organization and its missteps.
Haley. Cassel. Jackson... On down the line.

I make it to the stadium about once a year. I enjoy seeing this team play.
Will I drop major coin on jerseys or season tickets? Probably not, but I think I'll continue to make the trip to Arrowhead every now and again.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Do you have "Mediocrity" tatooed somewhere on you, mic?

I don't like mediocrity anymore than anyone else.
I love this team though.

Why do those things have to be mutually exclusive?

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
This is a fact. Save the true fan BS, nobody here needs to hear it.

But we need to hear idle threats from fans about rooting for another team next year? Got it.

It's called "ChiefsPlanet"...not "I'll root for the Chiefs unless McDaniels becomes HC...Planet".

BoneKrusher
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
It was partly sunny when Montana was QB.

but its Rained everyday since Cassel got here.

Donger
12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't like mediocrity anymore than anyone else.
I love this team though.

Why do those things have to be mutually exclusive?

I think it's okay to separate love of a franchise and love of a specific year's team.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Not sure where I said that.

Palko shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, but the fact that he's got no real NFL talent hardly means that Stanzi's in a good position to play. Wishful thinking won't make it so.

At the end of the day the kid's been inactive for MOST of the year. Couple that with a truncated off-season and it's reasonable to think he won't be real NFL action. He's a 5th Round draft pick. Griffin, by all accounts, will sit next year when he's drafted and he'll go Top 15 in Round 1. With a full off-season program and much more talent.

That's because of true fans fever. The curse of Todd Blackledge.

No nuts no glory.

Chief Roundup
12-14-2011, 01:31 PM
If we weren't all "true fans". Then none of us would be here!

the Talking Can
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
anyone who isn't rooting for this team to lose out is a fucking dumbass

Brock
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM
But we need to hear idle threats from fans about rooting for another team next year? Got it.

It's called "ChiefsPlanet"...not "I'll root for the Chiefs unless McDaniels becomes HC...Planet".

These fans have stayed around through worse things than McDaniels, I don't see how venting about yet another stupid prospective move by this team is some major sin.

Micjones
That's because of true fans fever. The curse of Todd Blackledge.

No nuts no glory.

Next year marks 15 years since he finished his career here.
What better time to end that drought?

Halfcan

Go to your bedroom.

LMAO

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:37 PM
These fans have stayed around through worse things than McDaniels, I don't see how venting about yet another stupid prospective move by this team is some major sin.

It's not...in of itself, but when it becomes a bitchfest and posters start threatening to root for another team...it gets old.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
anyone who isn't rooting for this team to lose out is a ****ing dumbass

How does losing out help this team if they aren't interested in drafting a QB in Round 1? Don't worry...I'll wait.

the Talking Can
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
How does losing out help this team if they aren't interested in drafting a QB in Round 1? Don't worry...I'll wait.

wait for what?

losing is the only thing that will make them draft a QB, besides giving us better draft picks to boot...

winning does what for a bunch of players and coaches who won't be here next year?

nothing

it's just to appease sad ass fans like yourself...the same suckers year after year

kysirsoze
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM

I don't know that they're all idle. The organization is capable of acting stupidly enough that it drives it's fans away. Hiring McDaniels is one of those things that everyone knows no Chiefs fan wants. What bigger fuck you to the fans could they even come up with short of relocation? I'd rather they rehire Herm, FFS.

Generally franchises shouldn't let fan opinion sway decisions, but if Clark lets Pioli's dumb ass hire his little buddy, then he just doesn't give a shit about winning, much less Chiefs' fans.

kysirsoze
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM

I honestly don't know if that's the case. I'm 29 and the hiring of McDaniels would infuriate me more than anything I've ever seen the Chiefs do. I know that's really saying something when a franchise fucks up this often, but it's true.

Brock
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
It's not...in of itself, but when it becomes a bitchfest and posters start threatening to root for another team...it gets old.

You should probably go look for a homer board where it's all sunshine and lollipops no matter how many times this team repeats the same old mistakes over and over again. I hear Chiefs Coalition is nice that way.

Brock
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I honestly don't know if that's the case. I'm 29 and the hiring of McDaniels would infuriate me more than anything I've ever seen the Chiefs do. I know that's really saying something when a franchise fucks up this often, but it's true.

McDaniels probably wouldn't be any worse than Herm Edwards, and giving up a draft pick for the privilege of hiring him.

Frazod
LMAO I guess we've been overdue for one of these.

kysirsoze

Probably nothing because you can't help them if they're stupid enough to pass on a QB. Still, a higher draft pick usually results in better talent.

How does winning help? All winning will do now is make Pioli and Crennel look better and Haley look worse. Since I do not want Crennel as the head coach next year and barring a miracle turn around I want Pioli fired, winning doesn't help either.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
wait for what?

losing is the only thing that will make them draft a QB, besides giving us better draft picks to boot...

So winning 1 or 2 more games will make the difference between drafting a QB high and taking a Tackle? Makes sense.

winning does what for a bunch of players and coaches who won't be here next year?

The only players who'll be gone next year are the ones who didn't figure into this team's future anyway.

it's just to appease sad ass fans like yourself...the same suckers year after year

Bottomline? This isn't Madden. Coaches & players don't throw games to improve their draft position. These are professionals we're talking about.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know that they're all idle. The organization is capable of acting stupidly enough that it drives it's fans away. Hiring McDaniels is one of those things that everyone knows no Chiefs fan wants. What bigger **** you to the fans could they even come up with short of relocation? I'd rather they rehire Herm, FFS.

Generally franchises shouldn't let fan opinion sway decisions, but if Clark lets Pioli's dumb ass hire his little buddy, then he just doesn't give a shit about winning, much less Chiefs' fans.

I tend to agree. And I don't want McDaniels either.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
UH OH, is the bandwagon I been riding for 41 years asking for tickets? Crap, guess I better jump off the bandwagon, it is getting too full of TRUE FANS!

Micjones
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
You should probably go look for a homer board where it's all sunshine and lollipops no matter how many times this team repeats the same old mistakes over and over again. I hear Chiefs Coalition is nice that way.

Because I said it was all sunshine and lollipops, right?
:rolleyes:

kysirsoze
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
McDaniels probably wouldn't be any worse than Herm Edwards, and giving up a draft pick for the privilege of hiring him.

Even if he's "only" as bad as Herm, his career has been more of a disaster than Herm's was at the time. The draft pick thing was pretty bad, though.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Next year marks 15 years since he finished his career here.
What better time to end that drought?

More like 28 years, Chiefs have not started a true rookie QB in 28 years. It's been 24 years sinse we have seen Todd Blackledge take a snap. GET OVER IT!

Brock
Because I said it was all sunshine and lollipops, right?

"Stop bitching about it"

'Hamas' Jenkins
Mic, I've got a great deal on a 46" rear projection CRT TV for you. Only 25 dollars a week for 96 weeks.

C'mon down to Rent-a-Center and we'll get you fixed right up.

Predarat
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/seriously-wtf.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM

How does winning help this team if they are interested in drafting a QB in R1?

We can all sit here and make assumptions that help our arguments, but in the end, they're just assumptions.

Regardless of what position they may address, a higher draft pick is more beneficial than a lower draft pick, assuming you want the best talent available.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Go to your bedroom.

I seriously did lol

Ceej
I enjoy the people who bitch and whine about the Chiefs taking their money, or spending their money on the team. As if some higher power is mind fucking you to buy that ticket, or jersey.

Don't like the way the franchise is being run? I don't. But, I'm not going to go out and spend money on tickets, jerseys, or apparel then cry wolf when I think the Chiefs are making me spend my own money.

Dummies.

L.A. Chieffan
Best thread I've seen in months. Love it or leave it

bricks
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US, YOU'RE AGAINST US!

Time to take a ****in stand

What if the person is neither for you or against you?

Predarat
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I tried burning all my Cheifs Jerseys, and they never burn away completely, they kind of melt into this plastic like substance.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Probably nothing because you can't help them if they're stupid enough to pass on a QB. Still, a higher draft pick usually results in better talent.

How does winning help? All winning will do now is make Pioli and Crennel look better and Haley look worse. Since I do not want Crennel as the head coach next year and barring a miracle turn around I want Pioli fired, winning doesn't help either.

It shows players like Carr and Bowe that the organization has a commitment to winning. I think it also breeds confidence and helps young players who figure into our future develop.

Monty
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Regardless of what position they may address, a higher draft pick is more beneficial than a lower draft pick, assuming you want the best talent available.

This makes absolutely NO sense. Can you please elaborate?

:D

scho63
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I think after 41 years of watching a team that has never gotten back into the Super Bowl, been in the playoffs 12 times since 1971 with a horrible record of 3-12, have lost in the first round the last 6 times we have been in the playoffs, have only one conference championship during the 41 years, I have a right to be f*cking pissed off, embarrassed, frustrated, and any other emotion I can think of as I have supported this team through thick and thin. I have had to watch 95% of my friends over the years have their teams in the Super Bowl or win the damn thing where every year for me it's always the same......wait until next year.

Anyone on this board who is a Chiefs fan of at least ten years deserves a Purple Heart for taking so many shots and still coming back for more!!!

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
How does winning help this team if they are interested in drafting a QB in R1?

How does an oven mitt cure the hiccups? A. It doesn't.
Winning isn't designed to help your draft position.
It does; however, have OTHER advantages.

Sure it is, but again... These are professionals we're talking about.

Crennel should forego the chance to earn himself the HC job in Kansas City next year because fans say so? Okay.

KCinNY
12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
GFY with some pious lecture about sticking with the team through thick and thin. Every single person on this BB has been doing that. Some of us for decades.

Personally, I've about had it with the Hunts.

I wish I could cut my emotional cord with the Chiefs since they've done nothing but shit on their fanbase since the 1970 merger. Unfortunately I'm tied to them as a fan and always will be. That is, until they leave town.

When L.A. calls Clark and offers a dumptruck full of $$$$ for his team his money-grubbing punk-ass will take it, flip Kansas City the bird, and then I'll become a fan of another team.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
"Stop bitching about it"

Eloquent.

okcchief
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll always be a Chiefs fan but again if they hire McDaniels I'm taking a break. It's like seeing a bad movie trailer with your favorite actor in it. Still like the actor but im not going to waste 2 hours of my life. Otherwise, I'm onboard suffering as usual.

whoman69
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM
So you've just shot down about every topic that we have on here. So...uhm...what do we talk about now?

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
GFY with some pious lecture about sticking with the team through thick and thin. Every single person on this BB has been doing that. Some of us for decades.

And most of them will continue to...

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
So you've just shot down about every topic that we have on here. So...uhm...what do we talk about now?

How about some realistic ways for this team to improve?
That don't involve tanking football games?

bevischief
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't want to see McDaniels in any capacity on this team.

Valiant
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah no shit. How is anyone fairweather of a team that has not done shit since 93?

Damn these fans for not wanting mediocrity.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Neither do I. Before the season I would've taken him as an OC, but he hasn't done a very good job of that in Saint Louise.

Monty
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM

How about a realistic way to improve the fanbase. You go first.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah no shit. How is anyone fairweather of a team that has not done shit since 93?

Damn these fans for not wanting mediocrity.

Yeah, because no way you could continue to support the team AND despise mediocrity. The hell was I thinking?

Bane
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
And most of them will continue to...

I'm close to the edge to be honest.Been a fan since 83 but they're sure making it hard to stay a fan now.Hiring McDumbass and or wasting another year with Casshole just might be all it takes for me to say **** it.I'm just not sure how many more times I can watch this bullshit.

This!

Valiant
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM

This comment by you is perfect for what the fans are complaining about.

It is not realistic for us to draft a qb that has potential.

And they don't need to tank to lose. They will do this on their own, led by muir.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
It is not realistic for us to draft a qb that has potential.

Come April, we can all come back and laugh at this statement.

Valiant
12-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah, because no way you could continue to support the team AND despise mediocrity. The hell was I thinking?

You weren't. Thinking has been the crux of you for years.

Somehow the majority of chiefs fans view is wrong to your minority view and small few like you. Damn the majorit for being fed up with the horrible status quo, we should just support them and keep our mouths shut.

Valiant
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Come April, we can all come back and laugh at this statement.

What a misquoted statement that was used without the rest of it for full context? Nooo.

Another reason why no one cares about your opinions unless they are laughing at them. Besides ridiculos threads, you only quote what you want.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Somehow the majority of chiefs fans view is wrong to your minority view and small few like you.

I'm not sure you could accurately characterize my view if I wrote it down for you. The truth here, is that come Sunday there will be 70,000 plus people in that stadium in the heart of December to see a 5-8 team play. That suggests people will continue to support the franchise...even where there are disagreements with some of the decisions said franchise makes.

Damn the majorit for being fed up with the horrible status quo, we should just support them and keep our mouths shut.

No, you should sac up and go support another franchise.
Stop bitching about it year after year. You make a choice to support the team. If it's no longer serving you...you're free to root for another team.

But most people won't. They'll just keep threatening to...Year after year after year. When this organization finally does win a Superbowl again...they'll pretend they were the die-hards that truly supported this team all along.

DJJasonp
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Pre-requisites to be a REAL/TRUE fan:

1. Be OK with stadium upgrades (that you pay for), while the on-field product is shiite
2. Be OK with a head coach that does a circus act in his play-calls (going for it on 4th down in your own territory, countless (failed) on-side kicks, refusing to bench Palko, etc. etc.)
3. Be OK with contiuous price hikes (and parking fees that inch closer to the same as a night's stay at the drury inn)
4. Be OK with the organization being millions of dollars under the salary cap (while having zero depth in critical skill positions - in the chance that, god forbid, an injury or two might happen)
5. Be OK with the organization continuing to build upon it's already horrible "good 'ol boy network" reputation (so that nobody wants to sign with KC, or be reluctant to sign extensions)
6. Be OK with a serious lack of skill as it relates to evaluating talent (with the likes of Palko, Slappy, Bobby Wade, and countless others gracing our gameday roster)
7. Be OK with the organization slowly killing the soul of Arrowhead (with the exhorbant gold-level ticket prices, season ticket hikes, on-field-product, etc.)

I could go on and on......

Kudos to the REAL fans!!!

Micjones
What a misquoted statement that was used without the rest of it for full context? Nooo.

Another reason why no one cares about your opinions unless they are laughing at them. Besides ridiculos threads, you only quote what you want.

I meant to say "Hopefully, Come April..."
All the same I think the point was clear.

But sure, you could care less what I think. Which is why you've made about a half-dozen direct replies to my posts.

Discuss Thrower
I'm not sure you could accurately characterize my view if I wrote it down for you. The truth here, is that come Sunday there will be 70,000 plus people in that stadium in the heart of December to see a 5-8 play. That suggests people will continue to support the franchise...even where there are disagreements with some of the decisions said franchise makes.

No, you should sac up and go support another franchise.
Stop bitching about it year after year. You make a choice to support the team. If it's no longer serving you...you're free to root for another team.

But most people won't. They'll just keep threatening to...Year after year after year. When this organization finally does win a Superbowl again...they'll pretend they were the die-hards that truly supported this team all along.

There might be 70k, but count on ANY attendance figure being half Packer fans. If Clark equates the money being made as a neutral field game with support for his team writ large he's a grade A dumbass.

mlyonsd
12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
It's funny, once I think about it I've been a fan for so long I probably expect stuff like what happened this year/week to happen. It doesn't surprise me at all.

How bad does that suck.

cdcox
12-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Thread should have been titled:

Keep doubting Scott Pioli

Chocolate Hog
12-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Go to your bedroom.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 02:39 PM
How about a realistic way to improve the fanbase. You go first.

And on that note, some clown just called in to 610 suggesting Joe Montana or Drew Bledsoe as the OC.

LMAO

Brock
12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Eloquent.

Your words.

burt
12-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Co-sign if you're with me. Everybody else? Kindly fuck the fuck off.

Flame away.

Dude, I hate pile ons.....but you did ask for it. I am a Chiefs fan. Have been for over 40 years. I read everything here toungue in cheek. Because all the bitching just doesn't matter. It's just a bb. I applaude the fact that you threw it out there, but I read the other threads and enjoy them just as much.

Whether you are a "true fan" and they are not, or visa versa.... it's all rhetoric. But without the bitching, we wouldn't be the CP.

Consider the bitching like you consider Clayton. It MAY be stupid, it MAY be insane, it MAY be infurating, hell, it IS a pain in the ass....but it makes the CP more enjoyable.

after all......it's just a bb for a lame football team that we are attracted to like a moth. and, yes, sometimes we get burned and it hurts.......

YourMom
12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
What a homo. I will radically shift my allegiance at will if I choose. Eat my ass with a baked potato.

I might even cheer for the Raiders this weekend, just to spite you and your sandy vagina.

Monty
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
And on that note, some clown just called in to 610 suggesting Joe Montana or Drew Bledsoe as the OC.

LMAO

:facepalm:

LMAO

WhiteWhale
12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
The door's right over there. Feel free to stop watching games whenever you're ready. You can stop with the threats. You're entitled to support whatever franchise you please. Just stop bitching about it.

Romeo Crennel isn't going to throw a game.
Ricky Stanzi isn't ready to play.
This team may or may not draft a QB in the First Round.

IF the organization wants to draft a QB high...they can move up and do so.
If not...no amount of bitching is going to change that. And losing games only ensures we get a better draft position to draft an Offensive or Defensive Lineman.

Last I checked though, being a fan involves riding it out with that team through thick AND thin. Through triumph and tragedy. I LOVE this franchise. I will support them until I'm gone. Does that mean I support every decision the organization makes? Of course not. I offer credit where it's due. I offer criticism where it's due. End of the day. I'm a Chiefs fan...for life.

Co-sign if you're with me. Everybody else? Kindly **** the **** off.

Flame away.

This isn't Jonestown. It's a football team.

DeezNutz
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
KC Chiefs! Fuck yeah!!

Micjones
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
What a homo.

Eat my ass with a baked potato.

You might wanna stop throwing words like "homo" around.

Inspector
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Go to your bedroom.

Whoa, wait a minute folks!

Don't really do this. It hurts like hell!!

I mean.....I was told it hurts like hell!!

YourMom
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
You might wanna stop throwing words like "homo" around.

Not a chance, Liberace.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Not a chance, Liberace.

High quality smack right there. Keep it coming!

Bump
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
He's right guys, if Stanzi would have played by now, his vagina would have dried up forever! You must treat rookies not drafted on day 1 like a precious snowflake or they will be scarred for life like a boy that goes to a Catholic church.

Guru
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Another dick measuring contest thread eh.

Bump
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Another dick measuring contest thread eh.

I win

YourMom
12-14-2011, 03:49 PM
It's hilarious, and you asked for it by touting yourself as a "real" fan.

You have to be good at some point to have bandwagon fans. The Chiefs aren't, and haven't been legitimately good since 1993.

"But the went 13-3 under Vermeil!"

They had the worst defense I've ever seen in professional football.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
It's hilarious, and you asked for it by touting yourself as a "real" fan.

Asked for what?
You think I give two shits that people don't agree with the ideas I expressed in this thread? I knew this would be unpopular when I hit "submit".

I don't give a ****. It's a message board.
And I'm one of the few people here willing to tell some fans they sound like bitches when they wanna root for a different team every other day.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
He's right guys, if Stanzi would have played by now, his vagina would have dried up forever! You must treat rookies not drafted on day 1 like a precious snowflake or they will be scarred for life like a boy that goes to a Catholic church.

QB's drafted in the 1st Round sit routinely in the NFL, but we expect Stanzi to play right away when he was going to be a project player anyway? Now, I understand why you didn't offer a counter-argument. Sounds dumb to me too.

Fat Elvis
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Go to your bedroom.

Door knob--the new CP meme for true fansLMAO

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
QB's drafted in the 1st Round sit routinely in the NFL, but we expect Stanzi to play right away when he was going to be a project player anyway? Now, I understand why you didn't offer a counter-argument. Sounds dumb to me too.

Well, when you are already trotting shit out on to the field, a rookie doesn't sound like much of a risk.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, when you are already trotting shit out on to the field, a rookie doesn't sound like much of a risk.

It's not a risk in the short-term, but if it could spoil Stanzi long-term...I think there is something to consider. No one is arguing that he could somehow turn in a performance any worse than Palko has.

The argument is whether rushing him along will ruin him in the long-run.

DeezNutz
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
It's not a risk in the short-term, but if it could spoil Stanzi long-term...I think there is something to consider. No one is arguing that he could somehow turn in a performance any worse than Palko has.

Worrying about the long-term stability of a fifth-round QB is an exercise in futility.

Bump
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM

I think that whole notion is a bunch of bullshit. If playing him now is going to butt hurt him into retirement, then he wouldn't have the mental capacity to be an NFL QB anyways. We all know he's not ready to come in a dominate, but game day experience could only help him as long as he knows that he won't be starting next year.

Fat Elvis
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Mark Castle routinely sat on the bench since high school yet you think it was a good idea to trot him out on the field in the Red and Gold?

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM

There was a time that I would have agreed with this but in todays NFL I really don't think starting a rookie in week 15 will ruin him.

chasedude
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
LMAO Oh Boy! Another call out for fair weather fans...

Oh, OHHHH my fan dick is bigger than your fan DICK!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6TeLkgXFlBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I think that whole notion is a bunch of bullshit. If playing him now is going to butt hurt him into retirement, then he wouldn't have the mental capacity to be an NFL QB anyways. We all know he's not ready to come in a dominate, but game day experience could only help him as long as he knows that he won't be starting next year.

Then, if you would, explain for me why rookie QB's ever sit in the NFL?

YourMom
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Stanzi wasn't even good at the college level. If God himself comes down from Heaven and blesses his career, he'll be a marginally acceptable backup.

Just let him play out the season and let him live out his dream...like the Make-A-Wish Foundation for jocks.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:16 PM
There was a time that I would have agreed with this but in todays NFL I really don't think starting a rookie in week 15 will ruin him.

Don't think the week matters. I think whether or not he's prepared does.
And all the draft reports on Stanzi read "needs time to develop".

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Mark Castle routinely sat on the bench since high school yet you think it was a good idea to trot him out on the field in the Red and Gold?

Not sure what that has to do with how you handle an NFL QB, but okay.
And, no, I'm not a Cassel fan.

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Don't think the week matters. I think whether or not he's prepared does.
And all the draft reports on Stanzi read "needs time to develop".

Unfortunately none of us know because we are not on the Chiefs staff. All I know is we have seen the others and at this point in the season it really doesn't matter anymore. I'll trust Crennel's judgement over Haley's any day of the week. But, I do hope we get to see some Stanzi with the starters before the end of the season. Even if it is 4th qtr trash time.

Flachief58
12-14-2011, 04:26 PM
The Chiefs have ALWAYS been my only NFL team. While I do love them, I hate what they are now, but I hope/dream/pray that they will one day (before I die) become Champions again.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Worrying about the long-term stability of a fifth-round QB is an exercise in futility.

Why? We're throwing away mid-round picks unless they're immediately useful to the team?

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately none of us know because we are not on the Chiefs staff. All I know is we have seen the others and at this point in the season it really doesn't matter anymore. I'll trust Crennel's judgement over Haley's any day of the week. But, I do hope we get to see some Stanzi with the starters before the end of the season. Even if it is 4th qtr trash time.

I'd love to see the kid myself.
The fact that the rest of the QB's on the roster suck doesn't mean the kid's ready or that he should be forced into a starting role.

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd love to see the kid myself.
The fact that the rest of the QB's on the roster suck don't mean the kid's ready or that he should be forced into a starting role.

I'm not arguing that he is ready.

michaelj_58
12-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm a CHIEFS fan for LIFE too.Let's get a proven coach in here and keep Crennel on defense.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm not arguing that he is ready.

You think we should throw a 5th round project player (at the QB position) into a live game situation at the end of the year even if he's not...ready?

KCUnited
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I quit shopping at HyVee, Price Chopper and O'Reilly's I'm so damn mad. I can't quit Tompkins Industries though.

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm not a homer. By ANY stretch of the imagination.
I am fully critical of this organization and its missteps.
Haley. Cassel. Jackson... On down the line.

I make it to the stadium about once a year. I enjoy seeing this team play.
Will I drop major coin on jerseys or season tickets? Probably not, but I think I'll continue to make the trip to Arrowhead every now and again.

Oh, no - if you don't root for draft position then you're a homer....
Don't sweat it, I know we all root for our team a bit differently but the constant bickering about the "best" way to be a fan is getting absurd, on both ends.

Here's the test to being a "true fan" IMO -
Do you want to see the Chiefs play and win in a superbowl?

If it's yes then you're a fan. End of story....

FAX
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I stand ... well ...

I stand far away from this deal.

FAX

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
In other words, who decides is the bigger fan of Scotch, the one who drinks it neat or the one who drinks it on the rocks?

Can't we all just be scotch drinkers?

Guru
12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
You think we should throw a 5th round project player (at the QB position) into a live game situation at the end of the year even if he's not...ready?

not ready to start. Giving him some 4th qtr action isn't going to ruin him.

Go ahead and get your last word in now. I'm done with this subject.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM

I don't care about having the last word.
I was genuinely interested in your perspective.

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Scotch neat

I don't care about having the last word.
I was genuinely interested in your perspective.

Scotch on the Rocks,

watered down....

I Keed

Jack
12-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Ah! Now I understand your sensibilities!

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
1)Sapphire Up and Dirty, no vermouth with 3 huge olives w/pimento

2) I am a true fan as well. I can't lie....I just accept it....I stand with you

Baby Lee
12-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Where I stand, I still love the Chiefs, but absolutely can't stand that Cassel is part of the organization.

That's a singular problem, one I can live with for a little while longer.

If the organization is indeed firmly behind him and he's here for even another year without something developing to ease him out to pasture [and mark my words, he'll never start as 'the' guy anywhere in the NFL again if and when it happens], that's a monumentally larger problem that gonna dent my passion for a good while.

Extra Point
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Still a fan. Just wish for our four guys out, will be healthy. Must face the fact that Cassel will be here next season. A good OC will have to be found. Hope Crennel stays on as DC. Trying to find a coach will be a tough job, one who knows and can help find talent, and knows how to run a clock.

If we can't win at least 8 games next season, then, Pioli has to be the one to go.

Micjones
12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
If we can't win at least 8 games next season, then, Pioli has to be the one to go.

Don't see that happening.
I think he'll be afforded at least three more years with this next hire.

KCrockaholic
12-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Sadly, I see your point, and agree.

boogblaster
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
QB needed but not RGIII ... he'll bust ... and yes GM needed also ......

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I have lived and died with this team since I was 14. Yeah I didn't suffer through the 80s but even being a fan since the 90s its been a tough road.

Ideally you suffer through it all and root for your team. Problem is if you know something isn't going to change you need to stand up as a fanbase. There certainly are quitters but then there are people who enable. You just sit there and love the team and Clark/Pioli can feel free to just trot Cassel back out there, which he is going to do.

The city needs to figure out some miracle way to make Clark get Cassel out. Showing up in a mass group to throw back season tickets ect. would be great.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 07:05 PM
anyone who isn't rooting for this team to lose out is a ****ing dumbass

Anyone who EVER roots for their team to lose makes a dumbass look like a fucking genius.

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Anyone who EVER roots for their team to lose makes a dumbass look like a ****ing genius.

So hypothetically if the Chiefs were 0-15 and a loss meant Luck but a win meant we were the #2 pick then you would still root for KC to win?

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 07:12 PM
So hypothetically if the Chiefs were 0-15 and a loss meant Luck but a win meant we were the #2 pick then you would still root for KC to win?

I've asked many times, but never gotten an answer - but here goes again:

At this point, what good comes from another win?

Everyone, players included know this is a shitty team having a shitty year. 6-10 doesn't change that. It's not going to effect "the culture" or players attitudes.

What benefit is there in going 6-10 versus 5-11?

Anyone?

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Everyone, players included know this is a shitty team having a shitty year. 6-10 doesn't change that.

Anyone?

Its just stupid/blind people that can't see grey in the world. Blind following like that is what creates situations like Nazi-Germany and the Hunt-Chiefs.

Baconeater
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Ah great, another thread outlining the conditions on others' fandom.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
You weren't. Thinking has been the crux of you for years.

Somehow the majority of chiefs fans view is wrong to your minority view and small few like you. Damn the majorit for being fed up with the horrible status quo, we should just support them and keep our mouths shut.

How do you know what the majority of Chiefs fans view is? Did you poll every Chiefs fan? CP isn't representative of the average Chiefs fan.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Absolutely. 100%.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM

Anyone?

I'm going to take the bait:

Any win is good for the morale of the team. Losing begets losing....If that ONE win is going to push you out of a draft pick that has THAT much significance then **** that team anyway. I would rather win ANY game than lose it...Draft picks are a gamble anyway, it's not like that pick at 5 wins is GUARANTEED to be so much better than the 6 win pick. I'll take the win, the winning attitude, and a SLIGHTLY lower draft pick.

If you recognize WITH CERTAINTY that that pick (say 5 picks higher?) is going to make or break the entire team for the next few seasons, YOU ****ING TRADE UP and get it.

**** losing, and **** losers.

the Talking Can
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Any win is good for the morale of the team. Losing begets losing....If that ONE win is going to push you out of a draft pick that has THAT much significance then **** that team anyway. I would rather win ANY game than lose it...Draft picks are a gamble anyway, it's not like that pick at 5 wins is GUARANTEED to be so much better than the 6 win pick. I'll take the win, the winning attitude, and a SLIGHTLY lower draft pick.

If you recognize WITH CERTAINTY that that pick (say 5 picks higher?) is going to make or break the entire team for the next few seasons, YOU ****ING TRADE UP and get it.

that's fucking stupid, but not surprising coming from a dumbass

and thanks for rooting for Cassel...it did us a lot of good

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
that's fucking stupid, but not surprising coming from a dumbass

and thanks for rooting for Cassel...it did us a lot of good

It's a competitive attitude and I don't see why it's a bad attitude to have. NOW, I also see the flip side, playing strategy, the problem with that is frowned upon in the league, and possibly low spectrum on some people's moral compass. I'm not judging your side, just saying...

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM

I'm not sure what's more ignorant.

Claiming that one win in a 5-6 win season is going to change the morale of the team, or the lack of understanding regarding trading up.

See, you have to give up EXTRA picks in which to do so.

Something you wouldn't have to do if you hadn't won 6 meaningless games instead of 5.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
something I cant read

http://i42.tinypic.com/dnkr3c.jpg

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM

Claiming that one win in a 5-6 win season is going to change the morale of the team, or the lack of understanding regarding trading up.

See, you have to give up EXTRA picks in which to do so.

Something you wouldn't have to do if you hadn't won 6 meaningless games instead of 5.

what if its a chance to play spoiler to a rival? What if we gave GB their first loss Sunday, and it's clear they played to win? That wouldn't be a morale boost?

Like I said a bit ago, I understand the strategy implications to getting a better pick, but the competitor in me if I were on the field would be to win, all the time. But that's me. I don't see why it's so frowned upon here, it's just a different attitude. Both sides can have benefits....

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Whats more ignorant is wanting to lose so that you dont get to 6-10..

Theres no guarantee 5-11 will put you in a spot to get you the guy you REALLY want...

And if there is that guy, you can trade up if you HAVE to.

Whats guaranteed is that if you accept losing and don't try to win you are a fucking failure. But you probably don't win or lose much in your life, sitting at home collecting welfare or doing whatever it is where 'losing' is acceptable and something you strive for.

Ask any head coach, player, front office personnel who is more ignorant:

1) The guy who wants to win every game

or

2) the guy who wants to lose games to go 5-11 just so maybe we get a better pick

Then come back and tell me who is ignorant.

You sound like a stupid bombastic basement dwelling neckbeard brat, to be honest.

Buckweath
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Absolutely. 100%.

Completely stupid. Ever heard of the expression: ``1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward``.

I`m amazed at how some fans can`t understand the fact some of us Chiefs fans feel losing now is the best for the long term future of this team. If we want this team to lose those meaningless games, it is because we feel that is the best for the future of the franchise. Losing these games may give us a better chance to draft the QB that could lead this team to become a dynasty.

As a player, you always play to win the game but as a fan, and it has been proven in multiple sports, sometimes getting the highest draft picks benefit your team far more than winning meaningless games.

And please don`t ever tell me again that we have to win those games to get momentum going into next year, there is no such thing. Every year is a different year, every game is a different game and momentum can be had or lost in a single play.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
I`m amazed at how some fans can`t understand the fact some of us Chiefs fans feel losing now is the best for the long term future of this team.

If the future of this team rests between the difference of going 5-11 and 6-10 God help us all, because we are fucked.

Buckweath
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
To be honest, I want our defense to shut down the opposition because I feel like it can become an elite defense next year.

But our offense, I really don`t care about it as I have made my mind Orton and Cassell will never lead this team to anything significant. If Stanzi is playing, then I`ll be rooting for the Chiefs to win because HE could be our future franchise QB.

Buckweath
12-14-2011, 07:48 PM
If the future of this team rests between the difference of going 5-11 and 6-10 God help us all, because we are ****ed.

5-11 or 6-10 in itself is no difference. The difference is drafting or not in front of teams like Miami or Washington, which will also be looking for a top QB prospect in this draft. It`s all about drafting the top Qb prospect we want, otherwise I don`t care.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Its like there are people posting like they know what they are talking about, yet it is OBVIOUS they have never been on a sports team in their life...

You never ****ing want to lose...Ive been on bad teams and good, and been eliminated from playoffs and things but always your team wants to win every game...

Okay so if you lose, you can find a way to accept it, or deal with it, and yeah if it has a bonus (like a higher draft pick..) well ok you'll TAKE it...

But to sit there and say the chiefs should lose games and you WANT them to lose games is lame....

I can understand saying you would be OK with it, or take the higher draft pick...but **** rooting for your team to lose, thats some stupid ass shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Its like there are people posting like they know what they are talking about, yet it is OBVIOUS they have never been on a sports team in their life...

You never ****ing want to lose...Ive been on bad teams and good, and been eliminated from playoffs and things but always your team wants to win every game...

Okay so if you lose, you can find a way to accept it, or deal with it, and yeah if it has a bonus (like a higher draft pick..) well ok you'll TAKE it...

But to sit there and say the chiefs should lose games and you WANT them to lose games is lame....

I can understand saying you would be OK with it, or take the higher draft pick...but **** rooting for your team to lose, thats stupid as shit.

If only Indy would have been lucky enough to win more games than SD in 1997 and Minnesota and St. Louis this year. The Bulls and Rockets would have been far better off had they won another six games in 1983-4.

The players tanking =/= the fans seeing that its in the best interest for the team to lose.

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
If only Indy would have been lucky enough to win more games than SD in 1997 and Minnesota and St. Louis this year. The Bulls and Rockets would have been far better off had they won another six games in 1983-4.

The players tanking =/= the fans seeing that its in the best interest for the team to lose.

That continues to be a point no one can seem to grasp.

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM

The Chiefs don't have fair weather fans. They have sucked for so long and are in the Atacama desert when it comes to sniffing a championship. Anyone who was only partially committed to this organization gave up long ago, or more likely passed away since the bandwagoners that jumped on after '70 are literally not around anymore. :(

If you are a Chiefs fan and still care after all the shit, then you can only be a die hard.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM

When andrew luck wins a superbowl ring, then OK...Maybe you have a point...

Until then you have no idea how Luck will do.....

Besides, why dont you ask the bulls or colts or rockets if they tried to lose games and rooted for themselves to lose....

Sorry I just dont buy any of your arguments, and you dont seem like the kind of person who in REAL LIFE would want to take the easy road out and accept a defeat or failure without fighting 100%...

I think you just like arguing.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM

You are missing the point:

accepting and being ok with a loss != actively rooting and wishing for a loss

I am ok with the former, the latter is for fags.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM
The same people that go off the deep end over a player who takes a play off, now wants them to take the season off so they might get a better draft pick?

Sweet.LMAO

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:03 PM
The same people that go off the deep end over a player who takes a play off, now wants them to take the season off so they might get a better draft pick?LMAO

Different animal. No one is paying us $2.5 mill per year, with a $10m signing bonus to be fans, WE are the ones paying to be fans.

OnTheWarpath58
12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow, reading comprehension is at an all time low...

splatbass
12-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Good post. It has seemed to me for a long time that some people here are bigger fans of the draft than they are of the games. The games are the reason the team exists, not the draft.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
There are those that lead.

There are those that quit.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Completely stupid. Ever heard of the expression: ``1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward``.

If you don't want your team to win you need to find another team or another sport. Or take up something not competitive. Maybe basketweaving or sewing, you fucking pussy.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Different animal. No one is paying us $2.5 mill per year, with a $10m signing bonus to be fans, WE are the ones paying to be fans.

If I were a player, Id have no respect for a quitter and wouldnt play hard for him. Regardless if I were the 1st pick in the draft. Why would I?

splatbass
12-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Complete ****ing bullshit. It is never in the best interest of the team to lose. Ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
When andrew luck wins a superbowl ring, then OK...Maybe you have a point...

Until then you have no idea how Luck will do.....

Besides, why dont you ask the bulls or colts or rockets if they tried to lose games and rooted for themselves to lose....

Sorry I just dont buy any of your arguments, and you dont seem like the kind of person who in REAL LIFE would want to take the easy road out and accept a defeat or failure without fighting 100%...

I think you just like arguing.

Teams tanked so bad in 1984 they instituted a fucking lottery the next year, dumbshit.

You're a real duplicitous piece of shit, by the way. You can't praise someone for all they've gone through in one thread (and you've done that personally, and you know what thread I'm talking about) and then claim that same person takes the easy road and accept defeat or failure without fighting.

What a fucking spineless cocksucker you are.

GordonGekko
Good post. It has seemed to me for a long time that some people here are bigger fans of the draft than they are of the games. The games are the reason the team exists, not the draft.

The draft and succeeding at it is the only real way to see your team still playing in February.

O.city
12-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah lets win a few more games. Draft a RT be in the same position in 4 years that we are today. Great fucking plan guys. Top notch.

I would have not said a damn thing if this team had won 0 games this season after the first 2 weeks.

No wonder Chiefs fans have never gotten to enjoy a true franchise quarterback. They don't deserve it for being this damn stupid.

Nzoner
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure you could accurately characterize my view if I wrote it down for you. The truth here, is that come Sunday there will be 70,000 plus people in that stadium in the heart of December to see a 5-8 team play. That suggests people will continue to support the franchise...even where there are disagreements with some of the decisions said franchise makes.

LMAO

Let me guess you're one of those dipshits that also believe there's still a waiting list for tickets.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM

Exactly.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah lets win a few more games. Draft a RT be in the same position in 4 years that we are today. Great ****ing plan guys. Top notch.

I would have not said a damn thing if this team had won 0 games this season after the first 2 weeks.

No wonder Chiefs fans have never gotten to enjoy a true franchise quarterback. They don't deserve it for being this damn stupid.

Who says never to draft a QB? I say you dont sell out the rest of the team to do it. How can you respect that in a coach?

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM

It is not the fans, it is the organization. Chief fans are foaming at the mouth for a true winner at QB.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Teams tanked so bad in 1984 they instituted a ****ing lottery the next year, dumbshit.

You're a real duplicitous piece of shit, by the way. You can't praise someone for all they've gone through in one thread (and you've done that personally, and you know what thread I'm talking about) and then claim that same person takes the easy road and accept defeat or failure without fighting.

What a ****ing spineless one who sucks the penis you are.

You obviously can't read.....I said you DONT SEEM like that kind of person...which is why I find it odd you suggest that Chiefs fans should be that way.

**** you. You know I didn't say that, go back and read you ****ing moron.

Either you're an idiot, or youre a flat out LIAR.

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:22 PM

And there are those that want the Chiefs to strike deep in January and February. What is your fucking point?

JoeyChuckles
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
And then we all realized it is a sport, a leisure activity. Entertainment.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM
And there are those that want the Chiefs to strike deep in January and February. What is your ****ing point?

I think his point may be (Im guessing)that those who lose out in November and December dont 'strike deep' very often come the next season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
You obviously can't read.....I said you DONT SEEM like that kind of person...which is why I find it odd you suggest that Chiefs fans should be that way.

**** you. You know I didn't say that, go back and read you ****ing moron.

Either you're an idiot, or youre a flat out LIAR.

Well roast me on a spit, cause I fucked that one up.

Besides, this isn't advocating quitting, it's realizing when a battle is lost.

Perhaps history is a better teacher for you: the British could have fought to the last man at Dunkirk and ended up with their entire army destroyed.

There's a reason why there is a term called a "Pyrrhic Victory". It's not just for rhetorical flourish.

What you're advocating for isn't nearly that noble. It's stubborn and stupid. It's taking a short term gain for long term consequences. In effect, it's saying, "no, I don't want surgery because I don't want the short term setback, just give me some pills."

Sometimes you have to go through pain to emerge on the other side.

Besides, the logical extension of your argument holds no water anyway.

If the Chiefs really wanted to be a better team this year, if they cared about winning right now at any cost, they could have easily gone out and signed every high priced FA possible, cutting all available roster spots for developmental players since they can't help this year.

Where does that get you in the long term?

This team is not winning a Super Bowl. Losing did not dissuade other teams (Rams, Saints, Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers) from having SB teams.

O.city
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
It is not the fans, it is the organization. Chief fans are foaming at the mouth for a true winner at QB.

Those on CP maybe. For the most part, Chief fans think Matt Cassel is the second coming.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Well roast me on a spit, cause I ****ed that one up.

No worries...I'm glad you realize thats not how I view you.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Complete ****ing bullshit. It is never in the best interest of the team to lose. Ever.

Ask this question to Panther fans.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 08:32 PM

If your choices were Manning or Leaf, do you still believe that?

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I think his point may be (Im guessing)that those who lose out in November and December dont 'strike deep' very often come the next season.

Colts, Giants, Falcons disagree. Pretty much any team that has dared to take the risk of drafting a QB near the top of the draft have eventually been rewarded. Been 41+ years since last championship, maybe it is time to change strategies? Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over repeatedly and expecting a different result. Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, ****ing insanity man.

crossbow
12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
When is Diablo III going to be released?

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Those on CP maybe. For the most part, Chief fans think Matt Cassel is the second coming.

Seriously? What Chief fans do you talk to? Granted, I only make it to KC about twice a year and that is only time I get to converse with actual Chiefs fans outside this BB, since Chief fans are practically non-existent anywhere else in the nation.

The only person I've ever ran into who thought Matt Cassel had any right to be on an NFL roster was a Patriots fan, and he wasn't really a Patriots fan, he was a Tom Brady fan.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Besides, this isn't advocating quitting, it's realizing when a battle is lost.

<snip>

Where does that get you in the long term?

I understand the 'logic' behind all of that but at some point you have to say..."You know what? the excuses stop now. The winning starts now..."

If every losing season the fans were to give up and start rooting for their team to lose, I think it would suck...

I mean if we extend the logic of this theory out...as soon as you realize the season is lost, you consolidate, back up, regroup (give up) etc.... then every regular season when you were were eliminated from the playoffs, you just give up?

I guess my problem is that I am looking at the "battle" differently...I don't see the "battle" as winning the superbowl...I see that as winning the war. I see the games themselves as battles, and I think to judge solely on wins/losses/draft picks is only one way to view the season...and to me it is the wrong way.

In battle sometimes teams can be forged, identities established, ideas discovered....

Our goals (yours and mine) I think are the same -- to win the WAR (superbowl).(Maybe not THIS season but soonish etc..)...But I just think we look at the battles differently.....Because to win a war you do have to win battles.

I guess maybe your view is more practical and mine is more....abstract...

Dont get me wrong, I hope we have a great draft pick too...I'm just not going to root for us to lose any battles.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Colts, Giants, Falcons disagree. Pretty much any team that has dared to take the risk of drafting a QB near the top of the draft have eventually been rewarded. .

Oh really? And here I thought there were quite a few busts up there, even at the top.

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh really? And here I thought there were quite a few busts up there, even at the top.

Not every oil well you dig is going to yield oil and massive profits. The point is, you keep digging the wells until fortune strikes, you take the chance. No risk, no reward, no championship.

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Not every oil well you dig is going to yield oil and massive profits. The point is, you keep digging the wells until fortune strikes, you take the chance. No risk, no reward, no championship.

Absolutely, but you dont intentionally root for your business to fail in the hopes you get on welfare and win the lottery to buy more land.

You dig with what you got, and make the best you can out of it.

GordonGekko
12-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Absolutely, but you dont intentionally root for your business to fail in the hopes you get on welfare and win the lottery to buy more land.

Dude, the analogy was over. No one on here is rooting for the organization to fail, we just want the Chiefs to quit digging the current well that has long been prove dry, accept their stupidity, and dig somewhere else. Jeeze

cardken
12-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Big Difference in Fandom, and blind Allegiance. As a fan you have a voice, even if it contrary to Organizations moves. Not the example alot of Chiefs Fans want to hear or see is the fans movement behind Tebow, the Organization wasn't on board but they did eventually at least take the fans and their money into consideration. Just sayin'

Pawnmower
12-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Dude, the analogy was over. No one on here is rooting for the organization to fail

Oh I see it was over when you used it? So I can't take your analogy and show you how it is wrong?

And yes, you are rooting for the team to fail. That is what you are doing.

Losing a game = failing.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM

Your post shows exactly how much of a crapshoot the draft is. There were a lot of experts that thought Leaf would be a better NFL QB than Manning. And you want to tank our season for a crapshoot?

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 09:06 PM

hindsight 50/50

KcMizzou
12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
As to the OP, I'm a Chiefs fan. Born one, and I'll die one.

I may bitch a little bit in between, but I won't quit.

KCChiefsFan88
12-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Memo to all homers... DROP DEAD.

Your fanatical dedication to Clark Hunt's trainwreck is getting you nowhere.

5-8 with a minimal chance to draft a franchise QB in April?

Sounds like the typical going nowhere strategy Clark and Lamar Hunt have had the Chiefs stuck in for the past 40 years.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Memo to all homers... DROP DEAD.

Is the 50/50 in your moniker because you are only a Chiefs fan 50% of the time? Sounds about right.

Brock
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Your post shows exactly how much of a crapshoot the draft is. There were a lot of experts that thought Leaf would be a better NFL QB than Manning. And you want to tank our season for a crapshoot?

Tank what season? These last few garbage games playing out the string against way better competition? For a better chance at a real QB? Uh...yeah.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Tank what season? These last few garbage games playing out the string against way better competition? For a better chance at a real QB? Uh...yeah.

I'll proudly be called a true fan, because I will never, ever, root for the Chiefs to lose.

KCChiefsFan88
12-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Is the 50/50 in your moniker because you are only a Chiefs fan 50% of the time? Sounds about right.

Being a "fan" and being a blind zombie are two different things.

The Chiefs are an absolute mess right now.

For all the homers who want to gloss over the epic problems facing this franchise, I suggest you pay close attention to Green Bay this Sunday and take notes.

That is what a real franchise looks like.

Caseyguyrr
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
As to the OP, I'm a Chiefs fan. Born one, and I'll die one.

I may bitch a little bit in between, but I won't quit.

chiefs til i die, i yell at their dumbasses before, during, and after the game, get all depressed, but even the day after a big blowout or embarrassing game, im still rocking my chiefs gear

KcMizzou
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM

For all the homers who want to gloss over the epic problems facing this franchise, I suggest you pay close attention to Green Bay this Sunday and take notes.

That is what a real franchise looks like.Dude, you've had that avatar for years. That says all anyone needs to know.

KCChiefsFan88
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Dude, you've had that avatar for years. That says all anyone needs to know.

One could say your avatar also represents the pinnacle of sports depression.

58kcfan89
12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
I do think it's kinda funny that people are talking about tanking games & losing on purpose...

We're a 5-8 team headed for 5-11. We're a handful of plays away from having 1, maybe 2 wins on the year.

We just changed coaches, still have a bunch of key players out and now we have to play the defending champs, who haven't lost since forever ago. Then we play 2 teams fighting for the division title. I suppose wins there aren't out of the question, but considering we're playing for (at best) an 8-8 record and they're playing for the playoffs......

Yeah, I don't think it really matters who's cheering for whom to do what. I doubt I'm the only one who'd be surprised to see this team win another game this season.

(For the record, I'll be watching the last 3 games in full, but don't really give a damn how the team finishes. Suppose that probably makes me a horrible fan, but whatever.)

Repost police can kiss my you know what.

Guru
12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah, teams try to win. I bet you that the Colts will win a game too. As soon as they have the #1 pick all locked up.

splatbass
12-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Give them back their injured starters and a good QB and this team is a contender.

cabletech94
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm late to this party. I love the chiefs, have since martyball. I always root for them, good through bad and I will continue to as well. While I can't stand losing, I think that I am the ever optimist, as there's always next year. Dammit, maybe I'm a dreamer and not a true fan.
But in all seriousness, I just want to see my team win. And be good. And have glory. And be a model franchise to other teams.
Welp, time to drink the antifreeze.

KC Tattoo
12-14-2011, 11:51 PM
I prefer to sit on my ass and not stand up to post, thank you.

Baconeater
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Give them back their injured starters and a good QB and this team is a contender.
And just where in the hell do you think a "good QB" comes from?

(Hint: They don't grow on fucking trees)

splatbass
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
And just where in the hell do you think a "good QB" comes from?

(Hint: They don't grow on ****ing trees)

You don't win the SB with a team that quits. This team has to do everything they can to win every single game. They will probably still lose, but they can't lose because they quit. Quitters can't be turned into winners.

blaise
12-15-2011, 05:44 AM
This brings up another question I've been wondering as a life long Chiefs fan.

Why is a man dressing up like a woman funny to people?

Sheneneh from Martin was funny.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Quitters can't be turned into winners.

QFT...

KCChiefsFan88
12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
A True Fan:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392216_10150436813110959_572785958_8595386_2125154365_n.jpg

Rausch
12-15-2011, 10:09 AM
A True Fan:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392216_10150436813110959_572785958_8595386_2125154365_n.jpg

I'm sure it's fake but that's the fucking best fan-statement I've ever seen!

LMAO

Micjones
12-15-2011, 10:28 AM

Everyone, players included know this is a shitty team having a shitty year. 6-10 doesn't change that. It's not going to effect "the culture" or players attitudes.

Anyone?

These are proud professionals we're talking about.
No one is going to embrace losing even in a lost season.

They're going to continue to prepare with the same intensity as they ever have because it's the top level of football anywhere on God's green earth. These players have fought tooth and nail to get here since 6-7 years old. They aren't going to tank a game to appease a fanbase who wants a better draft position.

Should they? That can be argued.
Will they? Absolutely not.

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 10:41 AM
These are proud professionals we're talking about.
No one is going to embrace losing even in a lost season.

They're going to continue to prepare with the same intensity as they ever have because it's the top level of football anywhere on God's green earth. These players have fought tooth and nail to get here since 6-7 years old. They aren't going to tank a game to appease a fanbase who wants a better draft position.

Should they? That can be argued.
Will they? Absolutely not.

I left this alone last night, thinking that at least ONE of you would be smart enough to realize, but apparently not.

No one is asking the players to tank.

There are, however, fans that realize that losses do more for this team in the long run than wins do. Does this team go 10-6 last year and have the future they have (assuming they can correctly identify and draft the right QB) if they draft Anthony Davis instead of Eric Berry?

Fuck no, they don't.

Going 4-12 in 2009 didn't hurt the team - it helped it immensely.

These "bad" fans also realize that this team is SO bad, they'll likely lose on their own, while giving full effort. Which gives us a better chance in the draft to improve this team long term.

Quit making the argument that people expect professional athletes to tank games, because no one is saying that - and you look stupid each time you bring it up.

About as stupid as claiming some of us are "fair weather" fans and you're some Superfan.

Your young ass has a long way to go before you go through what a lot of us have went through. You have a long way to go before you even begin to approach the time and money we've invested in this team. A lot of us have been fans longer than you've been alive.

So, in your own words, kindly fuck off.

Micjones
12-15-2011, 11:07 AM

When posters scoff at personnel decisions the organization has made to give themselves a better chance to win a game, I'm not sure what else to call that.

There are, however, fans that realize that losses do more for this team in the long run than wins do.

Perhaps in one way, but that oversimplifies the matter.

What does it do to player morale?
What does it do to team morale?
What message does it send to players up for new contracts?

Does this team go 10-6 last year and have the future they have (assuming they can correctly identify and draft the right QB) if they draft Anthony Davis instead of Eric Berry?

It's very possible they draft another Safety or acquire one through Free Agency. If we're going to play the hypothetical game we have to consider the fact that they might've acquired a Safety elsewhere.

Davis is a great example though. The Niners traded up for him.
Any reason why the Chiefs can't do the same?

Quit making the argument that people expect professional athletes to tank games, because no one is saying that - and you look stupid each time you bring it up.

Losing benefits the team. Okay, I'll concede that for a second.
Then tell me, on a practical level, what your expectation is then?
Don't worry...I'll wait.

Your young ass has a long way to go before you go through what a lot of us have went through.

I've been a fan of this team for exactly 25 years.
We're closer in age than you think.

You have a long way to go before you even begin to approach the time and money we've invested in this team. A lot of us have been fans longer than you've been alive.

Certainly there are fans who've invested more in the team.
Certainly there are fans who have followed the team longer.

Not sure why that matters.
Money and time never made anybody good at anything.

But to have a rooting interest in this team's failure...for a draft...pick makes me question how big a fan you truly are.

Hate it or love it.

blaise
12-15-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't have a problem with rooting for them to win every game. I wouldn't buy a ticket to see a crummy team though, and buy popcorn and beer and pop at the stadium.

Micjones
12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't have a problem with rooting for them to win every game. I wouldn't buy a ticket to see a crummy team though, and buy popcorn and beer and pop at the stadium.

Now that's something altogether different and a much more reasonable argument.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm sure it's fake but that's the ****ing best fan-statement I've ever seen!

LMAO

It's not fake. I saw it on the news a while back.

gblowfish
12-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I just renewed my season tickets for 2012 this morning. That's 45 years in my family now. What's it like to be a Chiefs season ticket holding family for 45 years? I'll show you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yml_-Mx82wY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm sure it's fake but that's the ****ing best fan-statement I've ever seen!

LMAO

That sign is very real, it's in a neighborhood in Gladstone. The HOA delivered a letter to the neighborhood stating he has til Saturday to take it down.

No, it's not my neighborhood. I live in a much better part of town.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2011, 11:20 AM
My wife is Facebook friends with that guy's wife. I thought about posting the article Tuesday, but I thought it might be a repost, and given their Gestapo nature, I'd rather not end up in a gas van.

Otter
12-15-2011, 11:22 AM

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
When posters scoff at personnel decisions the organization has made to give themselves a better chance to win a game, I'm not sure what else to call that.

Problem #1: You equate playing young players in a lost season and getting them experience as tanking, which is ridiculous.

I don't think Stanzi's ready either, but I wouldn't have a problem if they got him some playing time. I'm pretty indifferent on the subject.

Perhaps in one way, but that oversimplifies the matter.

What does it do to player morale?
What does it do to team morale?
What message does it send to players up for new contracts?

What do losses do long-term? Ask the 2010 Chiefs. Went 4-12, then 10-6 the following year.

No one is claiming professionals like losing.

But to think it sends messages or changes morale for later seasons is ridiculous

It's very possible they draft another Safety or acquire one through Free Agency. If we're going to play the hypothetical game we have to consider the fact that they might've acquired a Safety elsewhere.

Davis is a great example though. The Niners traded up for him.
Any reason why the Chiefs can't do the same?

WTF? The position has nothing to do with it. We're talking about talent level. An all-pro level player versus a RT.

Only in KC would a fan question the value.

And on that note, why trade up and give up MORE picks if you don't have to?

Let's see. We want X player. He'll be there if we're picking 7th, won't be if we're picking 14th. We really want him, so lets trade up - giving up important building blocks in the process.

Sorry if you can't see the difference between getting your target with one pick versus several picks.

Losing benefits the team. Okay, I'll concede that for a second.
Then tell me, on a practical level, what your expectation is then?
Don't worry...I'll wait.

My expectation is that they'll play their asses off and lose anywhay - because they are a shitty team.

Are those several wins they stumbled back-asswards into with a fumbled exchange and hail mary really fooling anyone?

I've been a fan of this team for exactly 25 years.
We're closer in age than you think.

Certainly there are fans who've invested more in the team.
Certainly there are fans who have followed the team longer.

Not sure why that matters.
Money and time never made anybody good at anything.

But to have a rooting interest in this team's failure...for a draft...pick makes me question how big a fan you truly are.

Hate it or love it.

This team has already failed. You and your superfan friends are the only folks that can't see that.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
I left this alone last night, thinking that at least ONE of you would be smart enough to realize, but apparently not.

There are, however, fans that realize that losses do more for this team in the long run than wins do. Does this team go 10-6 last year and have the future they have (assuming they can correctly identify and draft the right QB) if they draft Anthony Davis instead of Eric Berry?

**** no, they don't.

These "bad" fans also realize that this team is SO bad, they'll likely lose on their own, while giving full effort. Which gives us a better chance in the draft to improve this team long term.

About as stupid as claiming some of us are "fair weather" fans and you're some Superfan.

Your young ass has a long way to go before you go through what a lot of us have went through. You have a long way to go before you even begin to approach the time and money we've invested in this team. A lot of us have been fans longer than you've been alive.

So, in your own words, kindly **** off.

This is perfect.

But you know he's too stupid to understand. He isn't even trying.

KCChiefsFan88
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM

**** no, they don't.

So, in your own words, kindly **** off.

This is a good explanation, but you are wasting your time... homers will never understand. They want to keep cheering for pointless wins like brain dead idiots.

Micjones
12-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Problem #1: You equate playing young players in a lost season and getting them experience as tanking, which is ridiculous.

Actually, I had no idea how you expected the team to come by the desired results. That should've been obvious after I asked what your expectation was in my last post. Your thread theatrics are reaching an all-time high.

I don't think Stanzi's ready either, but I wouldn't have a problem if they got him some playing time.

Then if we agree on the point that Stanzi's not ready, might there be reason for pause if there's more at stake than the team's left and right column at the end of the year?

What do losses do long-term? Ask the 2010 Chiefs. Went 4-12, then 10-6 the following year.

That's an oversimplification.
The growth is due to a number of different factors.
Much of it can be attributed to what we accomplished in the draft, but had the team gone 6-10 there was no opportunity for improvement through the draft? That's quite a stretch. Would we have Berry? Probably not, but that hardly means we wouldn't have a couple quality Safeties anyway.

But to think it sends messages or changes morale for later seasons is ridiculous

Players and coaches seem to think so.
How shall we interpret that?
It's either player/coach speak or you know more than they do.
Which would you prefer?

WTF? The position has nothing to do with it. We're talking about talent level. An all-pro level player versus a RT.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

The real question is, did they team create conditions to increase their chance of losing so they could draft Berry. Do you honestly think that's what happened? I don't.

And on that note, why trade up and give up MORE picks if you don't have to?

If this team drafts Robert Griffin come April no one will care how that happened, but certainly I'd prefer it only required one pick. So long as that one pick doesn't come from establishing losing conditions...intentionally.

Let's see. We want X player. He'll be there if we're picking 7th, won't be if we're picking 14th. We really want him, so lets trade up - giving up important building blocks in the process.

You say that like that doesn't happen routinely in the NFL.

This team has already failed. You and your superfan friends are the only folks that can't see that.

Sure, we're somehow disillusioned by a team that could (at best) end in an 8-8 season. Not like we're all upset too about how things have turned out this year.

Micjones
12-15-2011, 12:22 PM
But you know he's too stupid to understand. He isn't even trying.

Grow a set of stones and talk to me directly.
You can assess what I understand for yourself.

Brock
12-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Players and coaches seem to think so.
How shall we interpret that?
It's either player/coach speak or you know more than they do.
Which would you prefer?

I interpret it as "I'm afraid of being replaced if we don't win"

Micjones
12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I interpret it as "I'm afraid of being replaced if we don't win"

Then winning is important or they just need to make it appear that way?

Brock
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Then winning is important or they just need to make it appear that way?

It's important to some people's job security at this point. It isn't important to the longer term prospects for this team.

Micjones
12-15-2011, 12:42 PM
It's important to some people's job security at this point. It isn't important to the longer term prospects for this team.

Which is why it's hard to ask Crennel to do anything other than try to win a game.

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
This is a good explanation, but you are wasting your time... homers will never understand. They want to keep cheering for pointless wins like brain dead idiots.

Only about 50/50 of us do, the other 20/20 just don't care.