PDA

View Full Version : Life Denver planeteers are more attractive than Kansas City planeteers.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm not being smug, but we have statistical proof. Don't hate us because we're beautiful. The truth is that we're simply more attractive, more intelligent, and more athletic. But at least you KC people drive better.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2011/city/compare/denver/vs/kansas-city

(You can compare other cities if you scroll to the bottom of the link.)

4th and Long
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
As a native of Kansas City, I've never wanted to neg rep you ... until now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lonewolf Ed
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
So if I am reading it correctly, people of KC are uglier and dumber than those of Denver, but we are friendlier. Perhaps friendliness is a sign of mental deficiency then. :harumph:

Stanley Nickels
12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not being smug, but we have statistical proof. Don't hate us because we're beautiful. The truth is that we're simply more attractive, more intelligent, and more athletic. But at least you KC people drive better.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2011/city/compare/denver/vs/kansas-city

It's very true.

Buck
12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Eat it.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2011/city/compare/denver/vs/san-diego

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
First off...fuck your mother. Secondly, fuck your team. Thirdly, bring your mom back.....I want to go atm with the broad this go around.

FAX
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow, apparently the goat people from the mountains are far more stylish, too.

Must be the sweaters the goat girls knit from their own underarm hair.

FAX

DaFace
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM
First off...fuck your mother. Secondly, fuck your team. Thirdly, bring your mom back.....I want to go atm with the broad this go around.

Do you seriously not realize that Rain Man is a Chiefs fan? I mean...really?

Buck
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM

He knew.

FAX
12-14-2011, 08:00 PM
And Nashville kicks ass in the areas of night-life, singles bars, and hot sex in cars.

FAX

DaFace
12-14-2011, 08:00 PM
He knew.

Oh. Was that directed at you or something?

Buck
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh. Was that directed at you or something?

Nope. He just hates the Chiefs right now.

the Talking Can
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
First off...**** your mother. Secondly, **** your team. Thirdly, bring your mom back.....I want to go atm with the broad this go around.

fucking noobs

Donger
12-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, this is accurate.

Der Flöprer
12-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I haven't read any studies, but experience from a large portion of the US roadways informs me that Denver has the absolute worst drivers in the country. In fact, I think you guys rival those guys over in India.

Donger
12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I haven't read any studies, but experience from a large portion of the US roadways informs me that Denver has the absolute worst drivers in the country. In fact, I think you guys rival those guys over in India.

I have a number of nephews and nephewettes that are learning to drive/getting the licenses, and I was stunned at the amount of instruction and supervision that they have to get here in order to get a license. It's something like 200 hours.

When I was 14 in Kansas, I got my permit and my folks gave me the keys to a 1973 Chevy Chevelle, which promptly wrapped itself around a tree in Overland Park.

AustinChief
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I call BS. I just compared Austin And Denver and there is no chance in HELL that Denver is more attractive and they definitely aren't smarter.

And who in their right mind thinks that Denver's weather is better????

And Denver wins on parks? Not a chance.

So to sum up... their data is seriously flawed...

I also compared San Diego and Austin and the idea that San Diego has more attractive people is complete and utter bullshit. I was FLOORED when I lived their last year at how UNattractive it was compared to what I was expecting. SD was definitely more attractive then the average city but it wasn't in Austin's LEAGUE.. not even close.

So again, I claim that the data is flawed!

Sorry Rain Man.

AustinChief
12-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Man, Austin and all of Louisiana are the worst drivers I have ever seen!

mlyonsd
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Yeah, until a little frisbee schnauzer knocks you down and makes you cry like a little girl.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf79t5rEyI0TEpxGGW5zD1IF_JyuJywJ_6y1dNR5cnVC8d2Bnk

JoeyChuckles
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
I just confirmed that the city I live in sucks. I already knew that.

Bwana
12-14-2011, 08:32 PM

Not even close. I have driven around there several times. If you want to see shit drivers, head over to NJ.

mlyonsd
12-14-2011, 08:34 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/John-Elway1.jpg&sa=X&ei=-FzpToLICcGkiQKt8O3xAw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEjtwKLy0U34pnA0KgzrCD-nL5reQ

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 08:36 PM
And Nashville kicks ass in the areas of night-life, singles bars, and hot sex in cars.

FAX

Don't forget formulaic, paint by numbers music. I play it for a living, I know.

AustinChief
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Rain Man... I think you need to develop a better system to collect this type of data.

I propose that the data should come from people with considerable experience in multiple cities.. and they can only comment on those cities. For example, if person A has lived in cities 1,2 and 3 .. they can establish comparative rankings for those three cities. Then person B has lived in cities 2,3,4 that person can rank those. etc etc etc...

get on it!

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-14-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not from KC nor have I ever lived there but my guess is it's a good thing this is a Rain Man thread rather than a thread by any number of posters who are less respected. It could look like trolling otherwise and be rather unpopular.

prhom
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I always assumed that no one on CP was attractive. I've never met an attractive person that admitted to posting on football message boards.

Setsuna
12-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Mic'd up. You might learn something. (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8250f44d/Sound-FX-Tim-Tebow)

MOhillbilly
12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Zona Rosa Walmart is on par with Auroras wally world when it comes to freaks.

FAX
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Throughout my travels, I've kinda done my own, informal survey ...

Most women who are absolutely gorgeous: Buckhead, GA
Most women in need of Orthodontist: Tulsa, OK
Most women who are gold diggers: Los Angeles, CA
Most women with immense tittahs: Minneapolis, MN
Most women who are really horny: Las Vegas, NV
Most women who are super easy: Carmel, CA
Most women who are crazy rude bitches: Miami, FL
Most women who smoke reefer: Portland, OR
Most women who want to get married to whoever: Dallas, TX
Most women who are scary as hell: San Francisco, CA
Most women who like to drink loads of liquor: New York, NY
Most women who knit sweaters from underarm hair: Denver, CO
Worst drivers: Boston, MA
Best homemade lemon pie: Evansville, IN

FAX

Bwana
12-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Throughout my travels, I've kinda done my own, informal survey ...

Most women who are absolutely gorgeous: Buckhead, GA
Most women in need of Orthodontist: Tulsa, OK
Most women who are gold diggers: Los Angeles, CA
Most women with immense tittahs: Minneapolis, MN
Most women who are really horny: Las Vegas, NV
Most women who are super easy: Carmel, CA
Most women who are crazy rude bitches: Miami, FL
Most women who smoke reefer: Portland, OR
Most women who want to get married to whoever: Dallas, TX
Most women who are scary as hell: San Francisco, CA
Most women who like to drink loads of liquor: New York, NY
Most women who knit sweaters from underarm hair: Denver, CO
Worst drivers: Boston, MA
Best homemade lemon pie: Evansville, IN

FAX

I think that would be BOULDER, CO. You talk about treehuggerville.

stevieray
12-14-2011, 09:13 PM
their drivers are definitely worse.

...and they don't have Elvis.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I call BS. I just compared Austin And Denver and there is no chance in HELL that Denver is more attractive and they definitely aren't smarter.

I also compared San Diego and Austin and the idea that San Diego has more attractive people is complete and utter bullshit. I was FLOORED when I lived their last year at how UNattractive it was compared to what I was expecting. SD was definitely more attractive then the average city but it wasn't in Austin's LEAGUE.. not even close.

Sorry Rain Man.

I've lived in both Denver and Austin, and Denver wins on parks hands down. We have a fantastic parks system, and that's not even counting our bizarre and little-known mountain park system. What other city has parks that are located outside its jurisdiction? http://www.denvergov.org/Parks/MountainParks/tabid/430342/Default.aspx

Also, I think our weather is better than Austin's, but that's just because I kind of like having a winter season. That's probably a subjective call.

More attractive and smarter? I'm not sure about that, unless it's smarter to live in Denver with our better parks and weather.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Not even close. I have driven around there several times. If you want to see shit drivers, head over to NJ.

I had one time period where I took cabs in New York and LA within about a month of each other. The difference was hysterical. The LA cab driver was polite and courteous and you could sit in the back of his car and have tea and crumpets during the trip to the airport. I took two cabs in New York and the only thing worse than the first one was the second one. Alternate flooring of gas and brakes, muttered insults in some landlocked language, and herky-jerky lane changes the whole time.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Rain Man... I think you need to develop a better system to collect this type of data.

I propose that the data should come from people with considerable experience in multiple cities.. and they can only comment on those cities. For example, if person A has lived in cities 1,2 and 3 .. they can establish comparative rankings for those three cities. Then person B has lived in cities 2,3,4 that person can rank those. etc etc etc...

get on it!

I'm on it.

Actually, I did a somewhat similar study for a city government a while back, and really liked the system I set up. If I have some free time I might market it to other cities.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
First off...**** your mother. Secondly, **** your team. Thirdly, bring your mom back.....I want to go atm with the broad this go around.

Well, so much for their ranking that Kansas City people are more friendly.

Count Alex's Losses
12-14-2011, 10:03 PM
I bet you all have small weiners, though.

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 10:04 PM

get on it!

I'll provide a good test subject for this; Denver, Dallas, KC and St. Louis would be the top of the list.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I bet you all have small weiners, though.

That's probably true on average, due to the sheer number of Broncos fans around here.

AustinChief
12-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I've lived in both Denver and Austin, and Denver wins on parks hands down. We have a fantastic parks system, and that's not even counting our bizarre and little-known mountain park system. What other city has parks that are located outside its jurisdiction? http://www.denvergov.org/Parks/MountainParks/tabid/430342/Default.aspx

Also, I think our weather is better than Austin's, but that's just because I kind of like having a winter season. That's probably a subjective call.

More attractive and smarter? I'm not sure about that, unless it's smarter to live in Denver with our better parks and weather.

I guess I am just looking at downtown parks... where Austin wins due to Zilker being right there... if you go with metro area, I'll give you Denver.

but there is no way Denver has more attractive people.. unless every time I visit all the pretty people are on vacation...

Weather is pretty subjective, I agree... BUT it's hard to say that Honolulu or San Diego aren't at the top of that list.

listopencil
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM

Sorry Rain Man.

Well, to be fair, Texas girls are smoking hot.

KcMizzou
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I've lived in both Denver and Austin, and Denver wins on parks hands down. We have a fantastic parks system, and that's not even counting our bizarre and little-known mountain park system. What other city has parks that are located outside its jurisdiction? http://www.denvergov.org/Parks/MountainParks/tabid/430342/Default.aspxApproves.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/leslie_knope_2903.jpg

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 10:19 PM
I guess I am just looking at downtown parks... where Austin wins due to Zilker being right there... if you go with metro area, I'll give you Denver.

but there is no way Denver has more attractive people.. unless every time I visit all the pretty people are on vacation...

Weather is pretty subjective, I agree... BUT it's hard to say that Honolulu or San Diego aren't at the top of that list.

Actually, our downtown parks are awesome too. City Park is about the same size as Zilker, and we have two other massive parks, all of which I can walk to from my house. But the best thing (and Austin likely has something similar), is that we have a trail system that goes more or less across the whole metro area, so you can run or bike all over the place. A friend of mine would actually do multi-day bike rides inside the metro area where they'd ride from one park to another and camp overnight, then move on, and they'd do 100+ miles without ever leaving the trails. It's pretty cool.

As far as attractiveness, I'll admit that Denver shouldn't rank particularly high. The first time I came here I remember thinking, "Whoa, do the mountains mess up your genes or something?" I think that was just a bad day at the mall, but overall, this place is about average, but not higher. I've seen people in the mall in Orange County, California, who I swear are photoshopped.

stevieray
12-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Well, so much for their ranking that Kansas City people are more friendly.

LMAO

stevieray
12-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Actually, our downtown parks are awesome too. City Park is about the same size as Zilker, and we have two other massive parks, all of which I can walk to from my house. But the best thing (and Austin likely has something similar), is that we have a trail system that goes more or less across the whole metro area, so you can run or bike all over the place. A friend of mine would actually do multi-day bike rides inside the metro area where they'd ride from one park to another and camp overnight, then move on, and they'd do 100+ miles without ever leaving the trails. It's pretty cool.

As far as attractiveness, I'll admit that Denver shouldn't rank particularly high. The first time I came here I remember thinking, "Whoa, do the mountains mess up your genes or something?" I think that was just a bad day at the mall, but overall, this place is about average, but not higher. I've seen people in the mall in Orange County, California, who I swear are photoshopped.

wash park is cool

AustinChief
12-14-2011, 10:23 PM
But the best thing (and Austin likely has something similar), is that we have a trail system that goes more or less across the whole metro area, so you can run or bike all over the place.

Yep Austin has a trail system for both running and biking... the greenbelt and what not .. so I'd say we tie there.

I'll agree with you that Orange County has hot people... but they must not be allowed any further south, cuz San Diego is just meh.

Otter
12-14-2011, 10:35 PM
California (San Fran & San Jose) area and Miami are where I've seen the greatest concentration of hot women. Miami beats the areas of California I've been to however.

Granted I grew up in the sticks of PA and slowly migrated out after college so my observations probably don't have the best sample pool.

I still remember arriving at Pitt my first year and thinking I never knew there were this many good looking women in one area then coming back home and seeing some of the hard drinking, chain smoking Irish girls I had crushes on and thanking God I didn't knock one of them up one night on the mountain after too many quarts.

May have to visit Orange County and I've heard good things about Houston/Austin woman as well.

Simply Red
12-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm very surprised at just how 'unattractive' Atlanta is.

Otter
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm very surprised at just how 'unattractive' Atlanta is.

Come visit my home town and you'll be straddling the roof of a 747 with a balloon full of oxygen you stole from a clown at the airport after they told you there were no more seats at 30,000 feet to get back in Atlanta.

Guru
12-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Speak for yourself.

Oh, I guess you did.

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 10:56 PM
California (San Fran & San Jose) area and Miami are where I've seen the greatest concentration of hot women. Miami beats the areas of California I've been to however.

Granted I grew up in the sticks of PA and slowly migrated out after college so my observations probably don't have the best sample pool.

I still remember arriving at Pitt my first year and thinking I never knew there were this many good looking women in one area then coming back home and seeing some of the hard drinking, chain smoking Irish girls I had crushes on and thanking God I didn't knock one of them up one night on the mountain after too many quarts.

May have to visit Orange County and I've heard good things about Houston/Austin woman as well.

I somehow haven't been to Miami yet, but you tend to hear that it has a lot of talent. I haven't really noticed San Francisco being that way, but I've only been there once and passed through a few times, so my data is limited.

I bet our views are to some extent colored by age profiles. In an area with a lot of younger people we're more likely to see eyebrow-raisers and so are more likely to view the area as being more attractive.

Simply Red
12-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Speak for yourself.

Oh, I guess you did.

I could see if it were state vs state, but Atlanta? Atlanta has some beautiful women, I mean, outstanding talent. Not the SWATS, silly.... roll down next to Tuxedo Road in July, go about 25mph and stare in amazement. Hell my pool back at Lenox had more HOT women per square inch than the beaches of San Diego. ssSup;)Buck?

I go back to Independence, Mo. and Blue Springs, and everyone is on ventilators or 78.

RippedmyFlesh
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
I somehow haven't been to Miami yet, but you tend to hear that it has a lot of talent. I haven't really noticed San Francisco being that way, but I've only been there once and passed through a few times, so my data is limited.

I bet our views are to some extent colored by age profiles. In an area with a lot of younger people we're more likely to see eyebrow-raisers and so are more likely to view the area as being more attractive.

Like Otter said Miami is off the charts. That has a ripple affect.
Miami is one of the few home field advantages for guys.
If you can't win there you are not going to win anywhere.
It's like Coors Field when it first opened. Your batting ave will be higher there than anywhere else.

Otter
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM

I've never been to Hollywood but I'm aware it attracts a lot of young attractive women for obvious reasons. Miami struck me as Hollywood east as for attracting beautiful women for riches (although not so many wanna be actors) with a low grip on reality and their head in the clouds.

Give me a stable, educated woman any day that allows me to ogle with shameless disregard.

Mojo Rising
12-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I was at a Charger game when they introduced the Charger Girls (Hottest Cheerleaders in the NFL) at half time a couple of years ago and more than half of them were from OC.

BIG_DADDY
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM
I was at a Charger game when they introduced the Charger Girls (Hottest Cheerleaders in the NFL) at half time a couple of years ago and more than half of them were from OC.

Went from being a Chiefs fan to being a Chargers fan predicting superbowls to just checking out the cheerleaders. Nice pregression Mojo. How bout them Dodgers?

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Why so serious? .....but seriously, to answer your serious question...I seriously thought he was a donk fan talking smack. I saw donk fan being mentioned and i seriously saw red. My bad rain man, I seriously thought you were a donk fan...are we cool now ? Seriously, are we cool ?

bevischief
12-15-2011, 07:03 AM

pics or GTFO.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I've been to Denver a few times. Talk about your liberal hippie douchers.
I saw a chick outside Bubba Gump's playing the bongo's and bitching about war. Oh, and shrimp. She was bitching about the war on shrimp I think.
Anyway...
Denver sucks balls, not as bad as Ft. Collins but it definitely sucks.
Hippies.
Man, they suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

burt
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Sarasota wasn't a choice, but we ahve the worst drivers here.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Sarasota wasn't a choice, but we ahve the worst drivers here.
I'm surprised St. Joe isn't on the list. Horrible drivers there.
Posted via Mobile Device

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if you guys have looked around, but there ARE some mugly looking women around here.

suds79
12-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Eh it's all about follow where the $$ is.

Wherever rich dudes decide to live, that's where there trophy wives (who come from all over) will go to follow. And thus? The collection of talent begins in certain areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denver ranks higher.

Hydrae
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I always assumed that no one on CP was attractive. I've never met an attractive person that admitted to posting on football message boards.

But our wives are all HAWT! :drool: :hump:

Jack
12-15-2011, 09:44 AM
The data in that link is flawed.

Recent poll verified that Denver is the 2nd best place in the country to live.

Every other city in the poll tied for 1st place.

But they do have good deep fried chicken gizzards.

sd4chiefs
12-15-2011, 10:25 AM
The data in that link is flawed.

Recent poll verified that Denver is the 2nd best place in the country to live.

Every other city in the poll tied for 1st place.

But they do have good deep fried chicken gizzards.

Why is San-juan-pr ranked so high on everything?

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2011/city/san-juan-pr

Chief Roundup
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Ahh so it is a Colorado thing that has Donko fans acting this way.

ChiefButthurt
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM

oh fuck

KC-TBB
12-15-2011, 10:54 AM
TRAVEL AND LEISURE is some left wing George Soros rag...obviously they don't drink enough to see how pretty the girls get around 1am

Rain Man
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Why so serious? .....but seriously, to answer your serious question...I seriously thought he was a donk fan talking smack. I saw donk fan being mentioned and i seriously saw red. My bad rain man, I seriously thought you were a donk fan...are we cool now ? Seriously, are we cool ?

We cool, we cool. Sometimes in the war on Broncos there's friendly fire, especially for those of us behind enemy lines.

Rain Man
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Why is San-juan-pr ranked so high on everything?

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2011/city/san-juan-pr

I am indeed curious about that. I think pr_capone has been there a lot. Maybe he can enlighten us.

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
We cool, we cool. Sometimes in the war on Broncos there's friendly fire, especially for those of us behind enemy lines.

Word...my uncle lives in CO too..loves the state, hates all the donk fans lol